Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

Kelly and HP must be going to same quack doctor who has been injecting them full of fillers and botox. Please, stop with that.

Sonny is alive, Mike comes for a visit. The second I saw that stupid golden light, I knew Mike was about to come down from his low hanging cloud to give Sonny some sort of a pep talk. I feel like this Mike story will never ever end. Meanwhile, Carly is crying about Sonny. Olivia is sobbing over Sonny, Sam is singing his praises even though she wanted him dead like a year ago. The best Sam was the one who shot Sonny then shoved him in a hole. Michael's harem of two gathered around him. Now we have to hear about how Lois and BL will be devastated by Sonny's "death." Like who the fuck cares? He managed to survive a bridge collapse to live and annoy another many days.

The best scene was the one with Finn on the phone and Chase waving his arms at him. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
12 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

The best scene was the one with Finn on the phone and Chase waving his arms at him. 

ME and JS have developed a really nice chemistry.

ETA: I had to laugh at Carly's contempt for Gladys. Maybe if you hadn't lowballed her and treated her like she was doing you the favor regarding Dev she wouldn't have sold everyone out to Cyrus. Though again, Dev is dead. What does it matter at this point?

• Love 6
33 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

ME and JS have developed a really nice chemistry.

ETA: I had to laugh at Carly's contempt for Gladys. Maybe if you hadn't lowballed her and treated her like she was doing you the favor regarding Dev she wouldn't have sold everyone out to Cyrus. Though again, Dev is dead. What does it matter at this point?

JS has been a welcomed addition to this show, in my opinion. He clearly makes an effort and had been great with just admit everyone he has shared a scene with. He's like the anti-KM.

Sam and Dante makes me twitchy. Between them and the Michael/Willow pairing, it's like they are trying to put all of Sonny's offspring in the most chemistryless (I can't think of a more accurate word) relationships possible. Maybe when they bring Morgan back, he can be in a relationship with a new wig-on-a-stick that he met in the hospital or wherever they will claim he was.

• Love 6

Wherever Sonny is, it's a magical place where he fell into the river and lay in the snow for a week but his clothes are dry and pressed as well as someone shaving him.

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

LOL at the turnout at Casa Corinthos. Did anyone think about informing Kristina? Probably not. In fact, does anyone on the Davis side know? Probably not again, since, you know, wimmins.

Alexis was there for Sam to lay into but Molly was heading off to class before she decided to have shower sex with TJ instead.

Kristina who?

None of Sonny's female offspring were there. Avery and Donna are too young but stepdaughter Joss should have been there.

2 hours ago, Hater said:

This Sam and Dante thing is so obvious and so forced.  I don't see anything there. Maybe it's just me.

To me it looks like they're looking for someone for Sam to get involved with so that Jason can 1. start a relationship of his own or 2. look constipated  .. I mean in pain to see Sam moving on.

• LOL 5

Franco didn't grow up with Steven Lars—did they even know each other? They certainly didn't cross paths on the show. 

Steven Lars was around when James Franco Franco was terrorizing folks, wasn't he?  That was several years slash retcons before Roger Howarth Franco got Heather as a mom, but still.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Useful 1
48 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I had to laugh at Carly's contempt for Gladys. Maybe if you hadn't lowballed her and treated her like she was doing you the favor regarding Dev she wouldn't have sold everyone out to Cyrus. 

Carly having contempt for anyone's unethical actions after KIDNAPPING AN EDERLY, ILL WOMAN is just beyond.

• Love 9

I LOVED Tracy’s non-reaction to learning that Olivia’s sobbing was over Mooby’s “death.” 

And my eyes 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄so hard at the “fresh” blood due to a scratch on Mooby’s head from the accident from two weeks ago! My finger just hit the fast forward button for all scenes except for Chase/Finn, Alexis, Tracy, and yes, Molly and TJ. 

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:
1 hour ago, sacrebleu said:

The deal breaker for me w/r/t Sam & Dante is not just that they share siblings (Leo, Kristina) it's that she slept with his father (and uncle). I mean, come on, that's just all kind of gross.

And his brother-in-law.

That took me entirely too long to figure out--but did give me a thought: maybe Kristina went to 'find herself' and hang with Lucky!

1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

To me it looks like they're looking for someone for Sam to get involved with so that Jason can 1. start a relationship of his own or 2. look constipated  .. I mean in pain to see Sam moving on.

I'll guess both (1) and (2), but in reverse order. We should always proceed from the assumption that Jason will be protected above all other characters, even Sonny and Carly. My suspicion is that they're more excited to do Jason/Britt (or similar) than anything new involving Sam. But Sam has to be the one to move on first and nail the coffin shut on Jasam. She will have both initiated the breakup and begun a new relationship first, so it won't be Jason's fault that we no longer hear that plaintive piano-and-cello theme while he looks blank and she looks exhausted they gaze lovingly at each other. They'll still probably write Jason as not over Sam until the new woman pursues and begs for a while.

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

They'll still probably write Jason as not over Sam until the new woman pursues and begs for a while.

I can't see them making Jason over Sam ever. Sam is his lobster. I can see them getting back together a few years (if that) down the line because she realizes that as much as she hates the mob and his part in it, she loves him more. Gag.

2 hours ago, Linny said:

Plus, they share a BROTHER

ok I was able to work out the Sam sleeping with Dante's brother in law, but "share a brother " I can't work out. GH relationships are harden then Suduko puzzles sometimes lol!..........  Ok just got it   

Spoiler

LEO

just in case anyone likes to do puzzles

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Sasha, no one forced you to take those drugs, so maybe dial back the indignation with Cyrus,

I can't tell if she's pissed that he gave her drugs or if she's pissed he gave her bad drugs  

2 hours ago, ulkis said:
2 hours ago, ciarra said:

But doesn't Rocco deserve an attentive mommy who can drop him off at the Q's?

sure if he weren't already there lol.

Actually he was staying there with Olivia.  Last week Dante said he needed to start parenting again, now that Lulu is gone and told Olivia he was going to take Rocco back home.  

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Sasha, no one forced you to take those drugs, so maybe dial back the indignation with Cyrus,

I can't tell if she's pissed that he gave her drugs or if she's pissed he gave her bad drugs  

Same! I always felt that Sofia Mattson was playing it that Sasha liked the drugs but was insulted she was the guinea pig for the new mix. And had she not OD'd, she'd still be snorting.

• Love 2

Sam said that she's "a user, not an addict". Isn't that why dry drunks say?

53 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I can't see them making Jason over Sam ever. Sam is his lobster. I can see them getting back together a few years (if that) down the line because she realizes that as much as she hates the mob and his part in it, she loves him more. Gag.

Along with the 'like', 'surprise' 'idea' emoji, there needs to be one for 'vomit'.

They will totally do that. In the meantime, SBu gets a break from having to fake caring about a romantic partner.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

They will totally do that. In the meantime, SBu gets a break from having to fake caring about a romantic partner.

Well he has to learn more lines now, so he definitely needs a break from his pairing. Sam and Drew were perfectly fine until he came back.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Does Carly want to become a mob boss herself? 

She wants to be Jason's partner/back up in the Mob. She made that more clear today. She already implied it and GH had Carly in a fantasy sequence about it years ago.

5 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Some random walker found him today, so at least he won't spend the next week, lying in the snow.  Although it was good of Sonny to shave for the whole two weeks that he's been lying unconscious in the snow.  

I'm so confused about this. He was lying in the snow, but now he's on a sandy beach at sunrise, and clean shaven with a fresh cut on his head?!

5 hours ago, Linny said:

...When are these Sonny scenes supposed to be taking place? Are they depicting what happened right after the fall, or are we really expected to think he survived a week+ on the cold snowy ground? I know the show treats him like he's indomitable, but damn.

Yes, this is what I want to know too. I can't tell where he is or when this is supposed to take place. He hasn't had anything to eat or drink in how long, but he can stand up and talk and seem just mildly injured? Yeah okay, Show.

4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

SO totally agree about Carly's fuming contempt. Carly is conveniently forgetting that Sonny went to find Gladys, pressured her to go along with the story, and offered her money. She didn't ask for the situation. Then they treated her like crap. It will totally be their own fault if this scam blows up in their faces. But again I don't see why any government agent would care at this point because Dev is DEAD.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Oof, I just realized that should read "treated her like you were doing her the favor regarding Dev," but you guys know what I meant.

Carly calling anyone else selfish is just hilarious. 

Can't wait for tomorrow when Ava no doubt goes to see Carly to talk about Avery's living situation and Carly treats her like trash and accuses her of using Sonny's death to get custody of her daughter.

In conclusion, Carly is an asshole.  Thank you for coming to my Ted talk.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 19
2 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Can't wait for tomorrow when Ava no doubt goes to see Carly to talk about Avery's living situation and Carly treats her like trash and accuses her of using Sonny's death to get custody of her daughter.

So, exactly how Sonny used Kiki's coma (when she was only in one because she walked into the middle of a mob war saving Morgan's dumb self) to get custody of Avery in the first place.

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I could see that. Conveniently ignoring that Carly should have no rights to Avery if Sonny is dead. Last I heard, Ava still had her parental rights even if Sonny had primary custody. Carly hasn’t adopted Avery and has no rights as a stepparent. 

• Love 6
35 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I would like to subscribe to your podcast.

She's seriously worse than ever, it's amazing!

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Jason: You have to stay out of this!

Carly: I'll agree to that, but only if you tell me everything.

Me: In other words, you don't agree.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I heartily endorse this excellent Ted talk!!😁

I was also amused when Carly said to Jason: I don't know why I fell in love with Sonny; he's so selfish and arrogant.

Me: You just answered your own question; you fell in love with a variation of yourself.  Jason didn't want you, so you settled for someone who is a mirror imagine of your own grossness and doesn't care that you chose him in part to stay close to Jason. Plus Sonny doesn't/didn't really care that Jason always comes first in your life.  (Jax did!!)

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 9
52 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

So, exactly how Sonny used Kiki's coma (when she was only in one because she walked into the middle of a mob war saving Morgan's dumb self) to get custody of Avery in the first place.

It will never not annoy me that Ava just rolled over and let Sonny have primary custody of Avery, and Ava had to beg to see her own daughter. UGH. I hope Ava threatens to take Carly to court, given that Carly has no legal ties to Avery. Maybe this is what Carly gets salty to Nik about. If Nik wants to prove he's all in for Ava, regaining custody of her daughter is a good way to do it.

22 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

It really is. From a certain standpoint I kind of admire her doubling down on everything. I just wish the hypocrisy wasn't so staggering.

• Love 12

Oh if only this was building to a Who Shot Carly? mystery, with all the people she's pissing off.  Cyrus, Gladys, probably Ava tomorrow, Nina when she finds out what Carly knows about Nelle, etc. 

Not to mention the barista at Dunkin' Corinthos, all the moms in Avery's playgroup, every single person who works at the MetroCourt, the list just goes on and on!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
14 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It will never not annoy me that Ava just rolled over and let Sonny have primary custody of Avery, and Ava had to beg to see her own daughter. UGH. I hope Ava threatens to take Carly to court, given that Carly has no legal ties to Avery. Maybe this is what Carly gets salty to Nik about. If Nik wants to prove he's all in for Ava, regaining custody of her daughter is a good way to do it.

It will never not annoy me that it was presented by the show as a magnanimous gesture on Sonny and Carly's part to allow Ava slightly more visitation to her daughter when she threatened to press charges against Mike, given that Sonny and Carly had a confused, dementia-riddled elderly man, prone to wandering, living with a toddler, and they didn't even tell Ava that Avery was missing until she saw the press release on her phone. 

• Love 6
56 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I wish Ava would remember her eons-ago promise to wipe Carly off the face of the planet and get to it! 

I love how Carly was about to go all Ghetto and then she sees Micheal and it's like "oop! activate victim mode with a side of smug face. 

Now i am curious if you can live off snow for 2 weeks...

• Love 1
13 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

And had she not OD'd, she'd still be snorting.

I think she'd still be snorting despite the OD, if Maxie hadn't laid down the law to stay clean or lose her job.  One of the only things Maxie has done right lately.  

• Love 2

When I first saw that dark trickle of something on Sonny's forehead, I thought his hair dye was running ala Giuliani. I hope to God they are not going to devote a bunch of air time to Sonny's amnesiac life. He doesn't have the chops to even play Sonny anymore, let alone someone else! He at least better have cat poop disease and hate the mob.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:
15 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

And had she not OD'd, she'd still be snorting.

I think she'd still be snorting despite the OD, if Maxie hadn't laid down the law to stay clean or lose her job.  One of the only things Maxie has done right lately.  

Don't forget the magic that is the support of Michael. Gag.

13 hours ago, LexieLily said:

It will never not annoy me that it was presented by the show as a magnanimous gesture on Sonny and Carly's part to allow Ava slightly more visitation to her daughter when she threatened to press charges against Mike, given that Sonny and Carly had a confused, dementia-riddled elderly man, prone to wandering, living with a toddler, and they didn't even tell Ava that Avery was missing until she saw the press release on her phone. 

What annoys me is Ava didn't negotiate for merely more visitation, she went for joint custody and, of course, everyone in Sonny's family treated her as the lowest of the low for daring to use Mike's condition to get custody of Avery. I was so glad when it happened because I thought they were finally putting an end to the interminable custody war for Avery. But, of course, the show couldn't let Ava have a win over Sonny, so now they've just ignored that they're supposed to have joint custody and act like Sonny and Carly are doing Ava a favor every time she asks to see Avery or that she's basically just a babysitter with no rights to her own kid.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Ava didn't negotiate for merely more visitation, she went for joint custody and, of course, everyone in Sonny's family treated her as the lowest of the low for daring to use Mike's condition to get custody of Avery.

Mike took Avery and no one knew where they were overnight (I believe it was overnight) while suffering from dementia.  ANYTHING could have happened to that child and Carly and Sonny acted like Ava was taking advantage of an innocent situation to justify their baby hoarding.  THEY ARE THE WORST!

• Love 12

I thought Ava using Mike's disease was a cheap shot, tbh. Everyone knew at that point he was sick. Sonny was still in denial about things, and that's totally on him, but there was no way Mike was going to hurt Avery. That whole part of the story was really distasteful, I thought. There were much better ways to show Mike's deterioration, which was the point. (As well as giving everyone a reason to demonize Ava once again, of course. But she knew exactly what she was doing—she knew it would stick the knife into Sonny.)

23 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I thought Ava using Mike's disease was a cheap shot, tbh. Everyone knew at that point he was sick. Sonny was still in denial about things, and that's totally on him, but there was no way Mike was going to hurt Avery. That whole part of the story was really distasteful, I thought. There were much better ways to show Mike's deterioration, which was the point. (As well as giving everyone a reason to demonize Ava once again, of course. But she knew exactly what she was doing—she knew it would stick the knife into Sonny.)

There's no way to know if Avery wouldn't have gotten hurt. No, Mike wouldn't have done it intentionally but he wasn't exactly in his right mind and he could have unintentionally harmed her. I think Ava had every right to be upset and I think she had every right to use it to her advantage. As has been pointed out, Sonny and Carly weren't above using family members and their unfortunate situations against Ava. They fought tooth and nail to keep her from Avery. I don't blame her for seeing her shot to use something against them and taking it. If Sonny and Carly weren't baby hoarders (and Carly took great pleasure in telling Ava that Avery called her mommy) she wouldn't have had to resort to that.

• Love 14

GO NIKOLAS!!!! I loved everything Nikolas said to Carly. He really put her in her place! She has a lot of nerve!! I love that he stood up for Ava and their relationship, and I loved his line about not letting Carly take another kid to raise as her own. I only wish Nikolas had mentioned how she gifted Michael to Jason and then to AJ, and how they all worked doubly hard to make sure Nelle had no contact w/her child either! The Corinthos clan is known for stealing kids away from their bio parents when they don't like said parent. They make me sick. We all know if the situation were reversed, and Ava had primary custody w/Nikolas and was presumed dead, Sonny would waste NO time going to Wyndemere and getting his daughter from Nikolas. Carly is beyond ridiculous, and she called Nava hypocrites!!

Jax is also a moron. Ava is Avery's biological mother. Why would she let her daughter continue to live at Sonny's home when Sonny is dead?!?!! It makes no sense. I don't understand why they are acting so shocked, and if I was supposed to see Ava as the "bad guy," they failed miserably. She has every right to get her daughter.  

I loved what Ava (and Jax) told Trina, but I think Ava's words were especially effective.  I like their scenes. I hope Trina heard what Ava said and takes it to heart.

I'm glad Molly told TJ that Brando always wanted to tell the truth. Brando really didn't deserve that punch, but I can understand why TJ was upset. Molly needed to step up and take full blame for the way it all played out. Brando even said he was going to stop hanging out w/TJ, but Molly said he couldn't do that either. He let her decide how to handle things, so I'm happy she made that clear to TJ. 

Sonny seems less edgy. Guess his amnesia is going to come w/a whole new personality. LOL! 

• Love 14

Webster's dictionary's definition of hypocrisy and self blindness:

Carly to Jax:  They (NAva) are such hypocrites.  They conveniently forget all the damage they've done and the kids will conveniently pay the price, especially Avery.

I mean really, it's like she's describing herself, Sonny and Jason and she's totally not even seeing it.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

Carly to Jax:  Avery's lost her father, and now thanks to Ava, she's going to lose her home

For eff's sake, it's not like Avery's going to be living in a tent under the freeway.  She's going to be living in a mansion, with freakin' horses and will likely see the Corinthi faction of the family as often as she was allowed to see Ava before.  Also Carly, don't bitch about the number of times that Avery has been to Windemere as a reason for her not going to live there now, when you and your idiot husband were the ones preventing her from visiting her mother there.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
11 minutes ago, lala2 said:

Brando really didn't deserve that punch, but I can understand why TJ was upset.

That punch was completely uncalled for. I don't care who your girlfriend slept with, TJ. Don't be an asshole. Use your words.

Oh, nos! Sonny doesn't remember who he is!

Zzzzzzzzzzzz.

It's about time Ava finally got serious about getting custody of Avery.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

That punch was completely uncalled for. I don't care who your girlfriend slept with, TJ. Don't be an asshole. Use your words.

Exactly. That's what I said yesterday in the other thread. Molly, when she finally confessed, insisted to TJ that Brando was not at fault. It's not as if he and Brando were friends, and Brando started pursuing Molly when TJ disappeared. Molly was the one at fault and he apparently has forgiven her. So if he still as unresolved anger issues, go punch a bag or something.

And I say this as someone who doesn't really care about Brando.

3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Oh, nos! Sonny doesn't remember who he is!

😂🤣

Since I fast forwarded yesterday, just who did Mooby think Angle Mike was? An angel? Did he know it was his dad? 

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

ust who did Mooby think Angle Mike was? An angel? Did he know it was his dad? 

While he was "talking" to Mike, it would have been in his head, so he would have known who Mike was.  Talking to Eddie the hiker who found him, he was confused and said 'some old guy was here'.  

• Love 1

Nikolas supporting his wife, reading Carly for filth regarding her attempt to separate him from baby Spencer, and asserting that he and Ava will no longer be ruled by Sonny's demands: SEXY. It'll be game-over the moment Sonny regains his memories (or hell, as soon as Carly sees Sonny's warm body) and Avery will be right back under Carly's wing, but I LOVE Ava and Nikolas presenting a united front for Avery. Despite Carly whining to Jax, Ava didn't say or do anything inappropriate, and it was actually quite kind of her to reassure Carly that Avery wouldn't be kept from her sisters. It kills me to watch Jax comfort Carly and act like Ava's in the wrong when we all know that if the situation called for it, he'd snap Joss out of that house without a second thought (she'd so be in Australia permanently if she weren't 18). I can't wait for Ava to find out the deal with the half-heart necklace, inform Nina (where's that friendship been? I miss it), and hopefully knock Carly and Jax down from their unearned position atop the morality high-horse.

• Love 16

Carly: an arrangement where you get to decide what's reasonable?

YES BECAUSE SHE IS THE MOM AND I'M NOT EVEN AN AVA FAN.

Unless the show does what it should have done and makes Carly the grandma.

It's seriously crazy how many custody arrangements she has nothing to do with Carly has tried to control. The only one was Michael. Spencer, Avery, Wiley, nothing to fucking do with her.

• Love 16

I did not care for Sonny's scenes but at all. Mo is not a good actor.

Even in her grief, Carly manages to be the worst. But Nikolas had the best comeback, so fuck you, Carly, you, your child hoarding and that giant chip riding on your shoulder. You're the goddamn worst. And I know the writers are trying to give Carly more sympathy. Oh, look at that bitch Ava, taking away a daughter Carly loves with her whole heart from her just after she found her loser husband died for the billionth time.

Get outta here, show! Seriously, just get out.

TJ was always one of the more mature characters on the show. So him decking Brando was stupid. Use your words, TJ. Don't take all your pent up anger at your mother out on the guy. 

• Love 16