Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

On 7/28/2022 at 4:28 PM, Suicidy said:

then Cam can loosen up a little.  With the teen characters entering their 20’s imminently, maybe Cam can finally have sex more than just once in his life.

I think if my first time was recorded and played back to my whole college, I might be a little gun shy about it. At the very least, I'd be super paranoid about checking for recording devices anywhere I went. Kind of a sexual PTSD. So maybe not having sex all the time is understandable. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Did Michael basically say that even though he only works at Aurora as CEO, he still cares about the company? Implying that unless someone is the CEO of a family business they don't really care how the company does? Was that the gist of it? What an ass.

Loved the soapiness of the fight between Ava and Esme. I just love both actresses.

I have no idea how the jury is going to decide in Trina's trial. All I know is I'm bored of the trial.

• Love 13

Loved Ava parapet-ing Esme.  I'm sure it won't take - she's Ryan's daughter AND the parapet hasn't been as lethal in recent years, Ava herself survived a plunge off it - but it was still rad.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Daisy said:

Did Finn deploy the ILY? Dude, you only went on one date LOL. also is this the right thing to deploy to someone who just got out of a mental facility? Ahuh, Liz sure you do. 

Thank you!! I only saw that scene today - Finn telling Liz he was in love w/her- and I was confused! I know I've said it before but there is no way he should be in love w/her. They have barely dated. I don't care what anyone says. LOL! They are fast tracking this relationship (but also weirdly not showing it in a consistent way which makes scenes like today's seem odd . . . . to me at least) since it started!

I could have been on the Fiz train if they had allowed Liz to grieve her husband and THEN get close to Finn. Honestly, I would have preferred Drew and Liz growing closer. It's a shame he never visits her when they were such good friends when Billy Miller had his face!  

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Daisy said:

Did Finn deploy the ILY? Dude, you only went on one date LOL. also is this the right thing to deploy to someone who just got out of a mental facility?

Jiminy Christmas. Is Finn a stalker now? Has poor Liz become the psycho magnet? I can't with this.

I reserve the right to change my mind at any time, but as of right now I so hope Ava is Esme's mother somehow.

• Love 3

Well, at least Trina should have an air tight alibi for the time when Esme went over the parapet. Spencer and Joss also. I don't think it can be argued that it could be "programmed" to happen at a specific time like the release of the sex tape. But with these writers, who knows???

• LOL 8
On 7/29/2022 at 4:17 PM, superdeluxe said:

YES!  I keep seeing this talk about how he’s all hot or whatever.  I’ve thought that dude looked like Jared Kushner from the moment I saw him.  That probably has to do with why I don’t care about Spencer.

In my circles Jared Kushner is often called The Boy. Google the movie and you will understand.  

• LOL 4

OK, now we're going to see if Rory the baby cop really IS a sweet guy, or if he's going to turn out to be overly jealous and controlling now that sparks are obviously flying between Spencer and Trina.

I don't have much use for Joss, but her looking, deadpan, from Rory being sad on one side, and Spencer grinning like an idiot on the other, was a fun little moment.

Kudos to frustrated Portia for bitching about her daughter's decisions to her co-parent, but then being nothing but supportive to Trina before she took the stand. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I got all excited when TJ called for Dr. Singh because this show badly needs an Indian doctor. Apparently no one told casting.

Apparently there was an oncologist named Dr. Singh who appeared on the show back in 2013, played by a South Asian actor.  I'm not sure why exactly they decided to resurrect the character today as a white man.

• Useful 3

Finn and Elizabeth went on one official date, sure, but they have more or less been in a relationship for months with both having serious feelings for some time before that. They've been rocks for each other emotionally through very difficult times. Spent holidays together, leaned on one another, have gone camping together, gone to the Savoy together, flirted a lot at work... and basically been IT for each other since last Fall. And Finn and her have discussed things, where they want to be in this relationship together every step of the way... with Elizabeth making the first move each time.

So, this idea that it's casual, Finn is pushing things, stalking her bears no reality with what has been going on with their relationship.

Is it utterly lame that we've gone literal weeks between seeing them and only fans remember this stuff? Sure. But it doesn't mean it's not the case with their story. If one were to put all their scenes together without the looooooong breaks in between it's clear what their relationship is. Clear that the love and affection is there. It's just the horrific pacing

Shocker. As for this fan who has been paying attention,  I adored their scenes today. So. So, so much.

On another note, most of the trial stuff is lame but I understood that Diane was asking about Trina's feelings about Spencer because she wanted to punch a hole in the ADA'S case. Her big thing was that Trina was jealous of Cameron and Joss because she had feelings for Cam. This shows that it wasn't true; it was Spencer she liked.

Edited by driver18
  • Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, driver18 said:

On another note, most of the trial stuff is lame but I understood that Diane was asking about Trina's feelings about Spencer because she wanted to punch a hole in the ADA'S case. Her big thing was that Trina was jealous of Cameron and Joss because she had feelings for Cam. This shows that it wasn't true; it was Spencer she liked.

That was a very soapy moment, right down to Spencer's stupid "she likes me! she likes me!" grin. 

Today was a pretty good episode: Mac being called a "silver fox" (which, he is!), Trina on the stand, Willow's convenientitis finally getting a name (everyone who had leukemia on their bingo card, aka ALL OF US, pat yourself on the back), Elizabeth having a spell in the stairway, and of course, the catty Ava/Esme fight.  I presume that was a stunt double going over the parapet, but it looked like a real fall! 

• Love 6
27 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

That was a very soapy moment, right down to Spencer's stupid "she likes me! she likes me!" grin. 

Today was a pretty good episode: Mac being called a "silver fox" (which, he is!), Trina on the stand, Willow's convenientitis finally getting a name (everyone who had leukemia on their bingo card, aka ALL OF US, pat yourself on the back), Elizabeth having a spell in the stairway, and of course, the catty Ava/Esme fight.  I presume that was a stunt double going over the parapet, but it looked like a real fall! 

I wonder if Esme will be found on the Pennsylvania side of the water.  There IS water at the bottom, I think.

• LOL 12
3 minutes ago, Mirabelle said:

She's going to wash ashore on the coast of Bolivia where she will be saved by amnesiac Nelle. 

Esme will wake up and slap Nell, screaming ‘Bitch stole my hairstyle!’

I can’t totally quit Finn and his weird little quirks.  After Elizabeth returned the ‘I Love You’ and walked away Finn threw his arms up like a triumphant gymnast.  It made me laugh a bit.

btw what the hell was that, TJ ordering Liz to get something from the printer?  Get it your damn self.

Glad the Silver Fox is finally getting some recognition.  I did not realize he was also in amazing shape 🔥🔥🔥

• Applause 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, driver18 said:

Shocker. As for this fan who has been paying attention,  I adored their scenes today. So. So, so much.

hey i am really glad you like it  I don't mind them at all. i just think for me personally, if i just came out from a mental hospital after thinking my dead husband was haunting me - I don't think dropping ILY bombs right away is the way to go. that's all. And again. I personally don't mind Fiz.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I don't define a relationship based on the number of "dates" that they have had and Fiz have been together for at least 8 months or so, so the ILY thing isn't weird.  I hate the pacing for them, I hate the months long gaps, and I hate that they didn't give Liz any grieving space when Franco died.  The relationship is... fine I guess?  I don't care about it and I don't think TPTB do either.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, lala2 said:

Thank you!! I only saw that scene today - Finn telling Liz he was in love w/her- and I was confused! I know I've said it before but there is no way he should be in love w/her. They have barely dated. I don't care what anyone says. LOL! They are fast tracking this relationship (but also weirdly not showing it in a consistent way which makes scenes like today's seem odd . . . . to me at least) since it started!

Good.  Because that kiss was disgusting.

4 hours ago, AryasMum said:

In my circles Jared Kushner is often called The Boy. Google the movie and you will understand.  

I remember seeing commercials for that movie and I can totally see it.  All I saw was Jared Kushner when that fool was sitting there, grinning in the courtroom today.  Same creepy grin.

• Love 1

We all know the first time someone is flung off the Wyndemere parapet doesn’t take, but I’m actually happy about it because Esme has a lot of potential. Hopefully this doesn’t turn into a Peter situation where people are just begging for her to die already. It’s clear they’re testing Joss with Sonny’s new henchman, so Cam is free and maybe perfectly ready for a screwed up relationship everyone tells him will be bad for him. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 6
15 hours ago, lala2 said:

They have barely dated.

They've only had one date, technically, but thye've lived in each other's pockets for months with Violet hangng out with the Webber boys, camping and stuff.  

14 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

I so hope Ava is Esme's mother somehow.

It's going to be Felicia.  She was anvil dropping, I mean, speaking to Mac about how she's helping Sam with one of her cases, the one about finding someone's birth mother/parents.  Spencer asked Sam for help finding Esme's birth mother/parents and Sam is oh so busy, she's asking Felicia for help and delegating to her.  Felicia will find out that she's Esme's mother.  If I remember correctly, Felicia was off canvas taking care of Grandma Mariah or someone around the time Esme would have been born, assuming Esme is actually 19-20 yrs old.  

10 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

btw what the hell was that, TJ ordering Liz to get something from the printer?  Get it your damn self.

He asked for all of the lab results but A) she's a nurse, that's not her job.  B) we live in a computerized world, she doesn't need to 'go down to the lab' to get the results, he just needs to fire it up on the multiple computers at the nurses desk.  It was such a dumb plot point to have Liz in the stairwell have the flashback to Voldemort and his cracked head.  

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Yesterday's episode was good. The second Ava and Esme took their fight outside, you knew that one of them was going over the parapet, and since Ava already had her turn, then it had to be Esme. Now I wonder who will rescue her and hide her. Ryan is in a prison cell, unless he escapes, and everyone in town hates her. Or she's found and taken to the hospital. 

I did giggle watching Ava and Esme roll around like that, though. Don't ever change soaps! Nothing says female rivalry like a slap across the face, threats, and rolling around on a carpet.

I couldn't take Spencer's smile when Trina confirmed she had feelings for him. 

Elizabeth/Finn, hard pass.

Willow. Wake me up when there's forward movement.

• Like 2
  • Love 4
44 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

we live in a computerized world, she doesn't need to 'go down to the lab' to get the results,

In the GH world, Britt didn't even have access to Willow's previously run test results when she went in for her last physical, so apparently Port Charles doesn't have technology.  Sad. /sarcasm

• LOL 9

I don’t think I’d want to be a patient in gh. They are about 25 years behind with technology. Let’s put those confidential patient files right there on the desk for everyone to see. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

I think that they have spent enough time on Finn/Liz that it's not coming out of nowhere.

My problem is how pushy they are writing Finn. Liz tells him that she doesn't want to see  him in Shady Rdge; Finn shows up. Finn has never met any of her family members and knows that she's upset to learn that Jake is communicating with her parents but he still decides that he must tell them what is going on. Finn, not Laura or Cameron or anyone who knows Liz's history.

Yesterday Liz had just told Finn that she is going to take the time she needs to mourn Franco, and out he blurts with ILU. And then, instead of backing away and giving her the space she had asked for, he doubles down on telling her his feelings for her.

Maybe it is true love but Finn's actions are too intrusive.

• Love 8
35 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

My problem is how pushy they are writing Finn.

The show has a bad habit of doing this with men: Finn, Franco, Sonny just off the top of my head. The woman always has to adapt to the man's timetable, instead of the men listening and letting things just happen. Ugh.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 2

Curtis steals a file and before he decided to go in the elevator and snap photos, he does it in the middle of the hall. you are smart.

Oh look. Michael is not at work. Shock.
TJ: Willow is a special person. Me: yeup. she sure is, but i think my special is different than your version.

Elizabeth had an episode and is all about "Daddy?" Finn finds her. and they don't bother w/the files. 

If we have to have Jordan on the show.. can we have a better Jordan.

Well, nothing brings a couple back together than parapet-ing. 
Ava: We know that fall isn't fatal.Exhibit A! (points to herself). actually, you would be.. B. Katherine Bell was A. 

There is no way Willow should be able to walk in heels after a bone marrow tap. COME ON SHOW. 

Spencer goes back to jail. honestly. whatever show. like. i don't care.

• Like 3

I enjoyed the Ava/Nik scenes today.

Diane was competent in today's trial.

Oooh, Terry refers to genetic factors in Willow's convenientitis. Let's move this story on. And well done on lying to Michael so easily.

Never had I ever .... had oxygen during a biopsy.

KM/Willow has unfortunately picked up the Sofia's annoying acting tick of emphasizing random words in the middle of a sentence. No excuse for her as English is her first language.

Good scenes with Jordan and Curtis today. The first time I've liked the actress. But Curtis, what are you thinking to force Oz from the coma that was medically advised for him?

• Like 4
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

KM/Willow has unfortunately picked up the Sofia's annoying acting tick of emphasizing random words in the middle of a sentence. No excuse for her as English is her first language.

i'll be dead honest.. 
I really don't know what you mean here. (maybe i just don't notice it?) do you mind explaining pls?

Calling it now based on the preview. Joss uses Cameron knowing about Spencer and keeping it a secret as an excuse to break up with him so she can chase after the mob guy. That way she can play the victim instead of the show acknowledging that she’s a terrible and self-involved gf who couldn’t be bothered to care about the things going on with Cam. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1

I am away from a TV this week but wasnt the last time we saw Liz and Finn when Liz checked herself out of Shadeybrook and told Finn she was all in. It seemed at that time that Finn was suspicious of the way she was acting. Now it sounds like that has changed???

8 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Calling it now based on the preview. Joss uses Cameron knowing about Spencer and keeping it a secret as an excuse to break up with him so she can chase after the mob guy. That way she can play the victim instead of the show acknowledging that she’s a terrible and self-involved gf who couldn’t be bothered to care about the things going on with Cam. 

LOL great minds think alike. I just saw it and she was full on Righteous Bitch. and it will be the best thing that ever happened to cam. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, jacourt said:

They are about 25 years behind with technology. Let’s put those confidential patient files right there on the desk for everyone to see. 

THIS.  So much this.  Surely there had to be a better way for Curtis to snoop than having files just sitting on the desk for anyone to walk up and steal.  

1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

BTW, whose taking a plunge down Chekov's Elevator and why can't it be Michael?

I don't think anyone is.  I think the purpose of the out of order elivator is so that Brando would have to take the stairs and run into Dex and michael.  And for Liz to have to take the stairs and have her episode.  

37 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Finn finds her. and they don't bother w/the files. 

They were right there, they could have picked them up.  It's not like the files are on the computer or anything, it's probably their only copy.  I found it amusing that later on Finn says he sent Epiphany to retrieve them in the stairwell, I 'm sure she was thrilled to do that.  Not to mention the 8996 people that died, waiting for their test results to be picked up.  

39 minutes ago, Daisy said:

There is no way Willow should be able to walk in heels after a bone marrow tap.

No way she's walking that sprily or without some type of limp or slowness indictating back pain.  

• Love 5

I don't think that Finn was suspicious. We the audience know that she was acting strangely but Finn seemed to accept that she had resolved her problems if she said so.

I would be surprised if they gave Joss Dex as a boyfriend unless they have big plans for the actor.  As Carly's daughter, Joss is the preeminent among the teen set and he doesn't seem important enough to be her pairing.

7 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Surely there had to be a better way for Curtis to snoop than having files just sitting on the desk for anyone to walk up and steal.  

I can understand using printed files, many doctors (especially older ones) like them because it's easier to read and find things.  What I found unrealistic is that only the lab has a printer to print them out, and that TJ is sending a nurse to get them.

30 minutes ago, Daisy said:

I really don't know what you mean here. (maybe i just don't notice it?) do you mind explaining pls?

It's a way of putting strange emphasis on random words that don't need to be emphasized and pauses in the middle of the sentence for no reason. It used to drive me nuts when Sofia did it. She's toned it down now but Katelyn seems to have picked it up.

• Useful 1
7 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

What I found unrealistic is that only the lab has a printer to print them out, and that TJ is sending a nurse to get them.

This.  Plus the fact that every floor has a nurses desk with at least one if not two computers that can be checked.  Not to mention most hospitals now have ipad/tablets that they carry around with them, where you can check the lab results also.  Right there.  In your own hands.  

Edited by perkie1968
  • Love 4

Two minute scene with Michael and TJ was so aggravating! I am so lucky, Willow and I, baby, baby, baby, me me me me me me, Willow, barf some more blah blah! Go away, puff fish! TJ has an actual job to do, Quit hovering over him and telling him about your so very awesome life. Go get some friends, preferably some you won't stab in the back. 

I guess Esme going overboard is going to keep Nikolas and Ava together for the time being? If that's the case, boo! BOOO, I say!

I was legit expecting that the final scene was Jordan arriving to where Esme washed up after her fall. Girl is not dead. She probably did a dive in a tuck position after recovering mid-air and entered the water without making so much as a splash. Because it's Esme and that's how she rolls. But she arrested Spencer instead.

I am very annoyed with Curtis and Jordan. First, NuJordan seems to have the best rapport with Curtis actor than she has with anyone else. So that's good. Not so good, Curtis stealing a patient's file and wanting TJ to take him out of the coma he was placed in. And the whole information swap going on. Here's an idea, maybe you should have investigated this thing in earnest like right away, instead of waiting for two girls barely out of high school to give you a lead. The whole Spencer angle is harder to criticize, but the phone? What were you doing with that, Jordan? The PCPD is so incompetent. It's not even an overstatement.

And now Finn. I never had a problem with Finn until this "relationship" with Elizabeth. Man, is this an awful storyline. I can't even say that I'm Elizabeth's biggest fan, but this is all they could come up with for BH's 25th anniversary on the show? Because what a joke!

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 5

Ok so Brando should not have said someone needs to “control” her, but Sasha’s reaction and facial expression was soooo over the top.  I thought she was about to stroke out.  He could have worded it better but he’s right.  She needs professional help and everything that comes out of her mouth is textbook addict speak.

• Like 1
  • Love 7
56 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Here's an idea, maybe you should have investigated this thing in earnest like right away, instead of waiting for two girls barely out of high school to give you a lead. The whole Spencer angle is harder to criticize, but the phone? What were you doing with that, Jordan? The PCPD is so incompetent. It's not even an overstatement.

Both the PCPD and Curtis are unbelievably incompetent. Jordan seems to have stopped investigating as soon as the ADA filed charges far too soon. Curtis, former cop and crack PI, needs Hatman to come up with Oz's name and Selina Wu to give him an address.

And then there's Sam, who had to be told by Felicia that if there is no online presence for a person (which I find hard to believe), look in the analog files. It feels like every adult associated with this is incompetent so that only the teens can fix things.

11 minutes ago, blondiek237 said:

What is up with this ADA?  Is she a Ryan plant, she has such are hardon for Trina and keeps defending Esme

When she was introduced, they said something about her hating revenge porn on the internet so she's determined to make Trina pay. Too bad she didn't bother to make sure that Trina was the one who actually did it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Daisy said:

Ava: We know that fall isn't fatal.Exhibit A! (points to herself). actually, you would be.. B. Katherine Bell was A. 

Liesl pushed Brad off.

And someone named Summer went over. 

Stefan wanted Emily pushed, and Summer (Lucky love interest) was pushed instead.

2 hours ago, blondiek237 said:

What is up with this ADA?  Is she a Ryan plant, she has such are hardon for Trina and keeps defending Esme

The ADAs are always portrayed as cartoon villains--practically twirling their mustaches to get a guilty verdict. 

Curtis, maybe strong-arming/guilting your nephew--who's only an intern--into taking someone out of a medically induced coma, isn't being a good uncle?  Just something to ponder.

LOL at the both shitty (paper test results when there's apparently only one copy) and amazing (oh, you want a biopsy RIGHT NOW?  Sure, let's go do it right now) care one gets at GH.  I can't wait for the "You are going to DIE if you don't IMMEDIATELY get a bone marrow transplant--girl, you'd better find your bio mom" results to come in.  Maybe then Willow will actually tell Michael. 

Esme's probably sitting on the Pennsylvania side of whatever safe house Ryan has been keeping a lease on for the last 40 years furious that she lost a shoe and planning her revenge.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

CC did specially mention a splash, LOL.

Esme played the CC like a fiddle. CC is dumb for believing anything out of her. I bet she smiled evilly behind the CC's back when she stuck her landing.

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

Esme played the CC like a fiddle. CC is dumb for believing anything out of her. I bet she smiled evilly behind the CC's back when she stuck her landing.

Who is CC?  I'm lost.  And I watched twice!

• Like 2
5 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I guess Esme going overboard is going to keep Nikolas and Ava together for the time being? If that's the case, boo! BOOO, I say!

The one thing I was looking forward to in this mess of a storyline is watching Nikolas pay for being such a gross creepy pervert idiot. And now Ava is going to have to be nice to him and play his wife? And Spencer won’t even find out what happened for many months, until Esme shows up alive and toting the Cassadine spawn. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Willow has leukemia so shocking. Now Britt and her are bonding.  Willow doesn't deserve to be in that family. 

Esme is alive somewhere. 

Trina is so stupid. Stop apologizing and catering to Spencer. 

• Applause 1