Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

Sleepwalking because of medication is a 'get out of jail free' card for Liz because it's not her fault. I remember when reports of people doing insane things while on Paxil.

45 minutes ago, lala2 said:

Shoot me . . . . I like Sona. 

I've been watching this show for decades and this is the first time I've like Sonny in any scenes. I also like Nina now more than with Jax or her MS incarnation. I've never like how much power MB or TG had to shape their storylines but if this keeps Sonny from getting back together with Carly for  while, I"m all for it

33 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Also, a sundae and a brownie? Good lucky putting her to bed.

Good point shudders

30 minutes ago, Daisy said:

also. how is nina a gold digger? isn't she like a society princess?

16 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

This visitation stuff could be solved so easily by having SUPERVISION. But the dumb dumbs have to go nuclear and forbid Nina any access. Jasus forbid the stupid kid learns anything truthful about the adults in his life. No one is squeaky clean.

It's always black or white with these people. They have zero idea of nuance especially when it comes to themselves or their "enemies".

Michael learned the truth about Sonny and Carly. And then he reached for more kool-aid.

• Love 10
(edited)
20 minutes ago, rur said:

I'm much happier with a sleepwalking or sleep medication story than I would be with a DID (because wimmins be crazy) story. 

I don't necessarily disagree. I was hoping Jake was the one behind whatever is happening.

Maybe it's just me but I feel like a lot of months have been spent on this arc, and for it to turn out to be a sleepwalking/sleep medication issue seems like a waste. Again, maybe it's just me. I'm not advocating for DID - please don't misunderstand me - but this story has dragged on for months (or maybe that's just how it feels) so I would expect more to come from it than Liz's sleeps meds have made her sleepwalk. Ok. Moving on. lol

ETA: I also think GH would just be better if the Corinthos clan wasn't always in an echo chamber. Why couldn't Willow and Michael disagree about Wiley? Or why not let Bobbie remind Carly of some of their past misdeeds and how she feels bad for Nina or how she thinks Nina seeing the kid wouldn't be the worst thing in the world? They just all spout the same crap to each other. No one disagrees or comes up w/an opposing POV. It's boring.

Edited by lala2
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Sonny was hardly "parading" Nina around at Curtis's club. Good lord, Bobbie was a shit-stirrer today.

And even if he was (which, lol, again, Nina and Sonny were at the club first), Sonny and Carly are DEE-vorced, so it's none of her business.

34 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Michael and Willow act as if Nina having visitation rights means she'll show up at midnight and demand a play date with the stupid kid. 

He's only allowed to stay up and do whatever he wants when Michael decides.  Even Willow would have to get his OK for that.

• Love 5

So they're blaming sleepwalking for Liz taking her rings to her hospital locker?  Did she drive there?  No one saw her?  She lit Franco's studio on fire?  She slashed her wedding dress?  She gave Chase a concussion?  She tampered with the video feed in her house?  🙄

• Love 4

Uh, of course Nina wants Wiley to love her, he's her grandson. Willow is such a dunce. 

Idk, I think the pills and sleepwalking are a misdirect and this is the start of a DID storyline that traces back to Liz's childhood. They've been teasing her family for the last year. Maybe the pills are causing a reaction that is letting the alter start to break through. 

Welp, I liked Sonny again today. To quote Liz, "What is happening to me?!?" Interesting that he overheard about the "test results." 

• Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Why is Curtis still so convinced that Marshall is hiding something? Isn't mental illness enough?

In this case I don’t think so.  Marshall let his two sons think he was dead and grow up without a father.  I know there was stigma around mental illness back then especially in the African American community (let’s be honest, sadly there is still stigma even today), but that is not enough of a reason to leave your entire family in the lurch.  Did he think he was dangerous and might hurt his family?  This needs more explanation.

I really want sleepwalking to be the reason and not just Liz is having a breakdown, but wasn’t she in the shower when the hotel room was trashed?  She would know if she was sleeping or in the shower right?  Also I know people do weird shit while on sleeping meds but can people DRIVE while in the ambien haze?  How did Liz get back to her house from Kevin and Laura’s? That’s terrifying.  

Oh give me a break with Willow saying Nina is needy and using Wiley to make her feel better.  I’m sorry but that is what WILLOW has been doing ever since finding out her biological child died.  It’s sad, but she never processed that and has been using Wiley as a replacement child ever since.

Bobbie: “I haven’t wrecked any homes….lately.”  So I guess that makes it ok!  What a shrew.

On a fashion note, Molly is doing that ridiculous shirt tuck where it’s only tucked on one side.  It looks like she just forgot to tuck the other side.  I really don’t like that new trend, it’s even worse than tucking in the front and leaving the back trailing out.  Also I had the tv on earlier for background noise and Days of Our Lives was on and let me tell you we complain about the fashion on GH….well Days is no better.  A lot of cheap looking clothes and bad hair and makeup.  Also a lot more Botox and facial work (sorry for shallowness).

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 10
16 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Also I know people do weird shit while on sleeping meds but can people DRIVE while in the ambien haze?  How did Liz get back to her house from Kevin and Laura’s? That’s terrifying.  

you can do a crap tonne of stuff sleep walking.  like cook, mow the lawn, drive, etc. it is so nutty. (and dangerous)

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, Daisy said:

you can do a crap tonne of stuff sleep walking.  like cook, mow the lawn, drive, etc. it is so nutty. (and dangerous)

Oh my god I didn’t know it got that serious!  That’s really scary. Here I thought people were just eating whole roast chickens while sleeping and then wondering why they were getting fat, ha!

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

One of my cousins used to sleepwalk when he was a kid. One of their neighbors found him in the middle of the street at around midnight. I think he was four. His family had been locking the doors, he climbed out a window. We laugh at it now, but that must have utterly terrifying for his parents.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, Daisy said:

image.png.93859d879d76a28d23636b6bfc6f1d60.png

but how exactly did he lose so much blood?

One, the screen grab is hilarious.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say that the vein in his arm was nicked. And he takes heart medication, I think, which might be blood thinners. 

This whole storyline has been incredibly dumb. I'm assuming that we'll get the obligatory bedside speech from Curtis or something.

• Love 3

I also used to sleepwalk as a child. When I was five years old, I walked into my parents’ bedroom, into their closet and peed on two pairs of my mother’s shoes. Yeah, I never lived that one down.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
(edited)

re:  Mental illness--I am bipol;ar and had a severe episode years ago am  on medication.  My MIL doesn't understand and gets  very--condescending when I had the leave the kid with her.Whenever I expressed an opinion contrary t her she would smirk and say is that what your Psychiatrist told you?  There still a stigma about mental illness.  it's a real illness, just like a kidney infection or hypertension.While i despise Hhatman, give him  break--this is directed to the SHOW, not and board members

I was taking ambien for a while andmy husband took the car keys away at night b/c he was afraid I might go driving.  I found my way to the fridge instead.

Edited by One Tough Cookie
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

Bobbie: “I haven’t wrecked any homes….lately.”  So I guess that makes it ok!  What a shrew.

Too bad Nina didn't include all Carly's misdoings (to put it mildly) while she was at it.  I would've loved "Ya cheated on Tony, but then I guess you got payback when he cheated on you...with your daughter!"  Honestly, the glass house Bobbie lives in should've shattered into a million pieces as she was going on and on.

LOL at Michael and Willow acting like if Nina wins they'll never see Wiley again.  God, they're insufferable.

• Love 14
4 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

LOL at Michael and Willow acting like if Nina wins they'll never see Wiley again.  God, they're insufferable.

i wonder if anyone told them that Nina just wants to see him LOL. everyone is acting like Nina is suing for full custody - to the point where Im asking myself if she was or not. because i mean goodness. She wants Saturdays at the park. that's it.

• Love 11
(edited)
4 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

The funny thing is Nelle had a more grounded reaction to Michael finding out Wiley was alive than Michael does in regards to Nina suing for custody. It isn't like the stuff that she thought Michael and his family  would do to her they wouldn't do to her. 

Look at what Carly did to her when Nelle had probably the most reasonable response when Wiley was in the hospital with the heart condition. 

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

The funny thing is Nelle had a more grounded reaction to Michael finding out Wiley was alive than Michael does in regards to Nina suing for custody.

When you compound that with how reasonable Nina is being given her past actions, like with Ava, it's extra-crispy stupid that Michael is acting like she wants to take the kid into an active war zone.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

Just popping in to give @One Tough Cookie the bipolar fistbump and to say I, too, don't totally hate Sonny and Nina.

But I need there to be a turn here once the truth comes out. Willow needs to be real pissed at Carly for keeping it from her. Like dead to me pissed. Carly navigating a daughter in law who hates her would be great. 

• Love 18
8 hours ago, ciarra said:

What, you couldn't warn me about Millowsex? 🤮  You people are dead to me!

We did! It was in almost every post from right after the episode aired. Not our fault you waited to read about it lol!

• LOL 8
17 hours ago, lala2 said:

I don't actively hate them, which in my book is pretty huge. I find Sonny more tolerable with Nina. There is a marked difference. Sonny is a lot more mellow with her. 

• Love 13

That bar scene was killing me.  Honestly, Bobbie and Carly looked like two witches cackling.  They really should have put a steaming cauldron on the table between them.  It would have really captured those scenes. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 11
5 hours ago, Grinaldi said:

But I need there to be a turn here once the truth comes out. Willow needs to be real pissed at Carly for keeping it from her. Like dead to me pissed. Carly navigating a daughter in law who hates her would be great. 

This would be really good soap. Bonus points if Willow refuses Carly access to the stupid kid for a bit to punish her for her lies. That's what they're doing with Nina, so it's only fair (ha!) to do the same with Carly.

• Love 13
1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

Bonus points if Willow refuses Carly access to the stupid kid for a bit to punish her for her lies. That's what they're doing with Nina, so it's only fair (ha!) to do the same with Carly.

That would be exquisite. 

I'm really interested in what Willow's reaction to Nina will be.  Will she acknowledge Nina isn't just being "needy" and was traumatized by having not one, but two, babies stolen from her and wants to know them?  Given the way she imprinted on Wiley you would think there'd be some empathy there in regard to loss and coping mechanisms.

• Love 9
18 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

One, the screen grab is hilarious.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say that the vein in his arm was nicked. And he takes heart medication, I think, which might be blood thinners. 

This whole storyline has been incredibly dumb. I'm assuming that we'll get the obligatory bedside speech from Curtis or something.

I’m reading the seventh Outlander book and there is a case of a vein (artery?) in the arm that can spurt dangerous blood loss. Claire saves the guy. Of course. 

3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

This would be really good soap. Bonus points if Willow refuses Carly access to the stupid kid for a bit to punish her for her lies. That's what they're doing with Nina, so it's only fair (ha!) to do the same with Carly.

Especially if Michael supported her but we all know his pansy ass won’t.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

That would be exquisite. 

I'm really interested in what Willow's reaction to Nina will be.  Will she acknowledge Nina isn't just being "needy" and was traumatized by having not one, but two, babies stolen from her and wants to know them?  Given the way she imprinted on Wiley you would think there'd be some empathy there in regard to loss and coping mechanisms.

yeah that would be a (much needed) reflection. and dead honest, it would be great soap if Willow 100 percent cut Carly out of her life and that there will be "no path to see Wiley" for Carly because Willow got severely pissed off that Nina didn't tell her that she and Sonny knocked boots, so i think this really trumps that by like a factor of a million. 

it would also be kinda nice - to have Willow and Nina not just insta bond. I'll be actually kind of okay with it if it was just more . amiable with both of them being okay with not being BAM! Family. A lot of things were said and done on both sides (for years), and you did this "Choose Route A: FAMILY BONDS!" with Sam + Alexis, let's do "Choose Route B: Simply Cordial" to each other.  

I would also really like Michael to find out and actively choose not to tell Willow so Willow ends it with him. 

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Willow got severely pissed off that Nina didn't tell her that she and Sonny knocked boots, so i think this really trumps that by like a factor of a million. 

Sonny and Nina sleeping together affects Willow not at all, but lying about her bio mom? Yep, definitely MUCH worse. But I have no trust the show will allow Willow to ban Carly from seeing the stupid kid. Michael might go along with it for a few days, but there's no way he'd ever stand up to Carly on a more permanent basis. He never has and he never will. More's the pity, as that would make good drama for them both.

How many times have we said a story writes itself and somehow the writers botch it? Way too often.

• Love 10
56 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

How many times have we said a story writes itself and somehow the writers botch it? Way too often.

it's so weird, that they don't want to go the natural path of where the story is going, mostly because Carly and Spawn can never lose. which is always so dumb. Even The Great Victor Newman loses. (and I remember reading that always ticked off Erik Braeden LOL)

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

it would also be kinda nice - to have Willow and Nina not just insta bond. I'll be actually kind of okay with it if it was just more . amiable with both of them being okay with not being BAM! Family. A lot of things were said and done on both sides (for years), and you did this "Choose Route A: FAMILY BONDS!" with Sam + Alexis, let's do "Choose Route B: Simply Cordial" to each other.

Sam and Alexis didn't really insta bond. Alexis sort of forced the issue a bit after she found out by having Sam move into her house right away. But that kind of backfired when Sam slept with her husband. I think Alexis's cancer sped up their reconciliation after that, but they didn't have a lovey-dovey relationship right away. While I can see the benefits of a non-insta bond, I just don't think it would make sense with Nina/Willow. Nina/Nelle also said some awful things to each other, and Nelle was a psycho, but Nina still mourns the chance to get to have her in her life. I don't see any way - if she was being written in character - that Nina finds out Willow is her daughter and she's just okay with simply being cordial.

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Michael might go along with it for a few days, but there's no way he'd ever stand up to Carly on a more permanent basis. He never has and he never will.

Michael has disagreed with Carly and stood up to her - for more than a few days. She didn't have a strong objection to it, but she wasn't a fan of his dating Sabrina, and he ignored that. I have a vague recollection that she wasn't happy with him dating his first girlfriend Abby and he went against her there as well. And, of course, when he found out about her part in keeping the secret of Sonny killing AJ, he cut her out of his life the same way he cut Sonny out of it. 

20 hours ago, One Tough Cookie said:
On 5/20/2022 at 3:03 PM, statsgirl said:

Bobbie: I was the first one to peg Nelle as a gold-digging psycho.  Me: Well you should know, you spawned one yourself. 

In between getting all those botox and fillers. She used to be s cute back in the day {yeah, I'm that Old]

We're in good company!  Talk about old - I remember when JZ dated the Disc Jockey Murray the K, also known as the "Fifth Beatle."

6 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:
On 5/20/2022 at 3:08 PM, lala2 said:

I don't actively hate them, which in my book is pretty huge. I find Sonny more tolerable with Nina. There is a marked difference. Sonny is a lot more mellow with her. 

Actually I like Sona too.  They make an attractive couple, as do Dante and Sam. Nina really does soften and mellow Sonny, and I have feeling that's something MB has been pulling for.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Daisy said:

it would also be kinda nice - to have Willow and Nina not just insta bond.

Yes, exactly.  Just becasue you find out that you are biologically related to someone, doesn't mean that you're going to have instant feelings.  I wouldn't even care if they weren't cordial to each other. But, with Willow's speech (OK, one sentence) of how only a bio parent can love their kid, it probably will go the Sam/Alexis route.  Hopefully we'll skip the part where Willow has to have sex with Sonny for some reason.

• LOL 4

Willow and Nina should definitely not insta-bond, they had issues long before Wiley going back to when Willow was Charlotte’s teacher and they butted heads. It would be fantastic if Willow would ban Carly from seeing Wiley once this all comes out but I can’t see that happening. That would require a backbone on Willow’s  part and she lost that when she started shacking up with Michael. If this were a few years ago I could maybe see Michael taking Willow’s side against his mom, but now he’s such a little wimp himself I can’t even imagine it. 

• Love 5
(edited)
7 hours ago, One Tough Cookie said:

Willow and Mikey rolling around the bed--just looked like Ken and-Barbie.  It just seems like Chad has absolutely no equipment.

Also, did you see Mikey's patented "Boobies" face when Willow took off her top? He's gotta be doing that on purpose at this point just to troll us.

When Bobbie popped-up this week, it was just a painful reminder that Snarly, Mikey, and Joss are Spencers - a legacy family that, other than Laura, has gone to shit. Cousin Valerie has completely disappeared. The Qs still have a certain amount of gravitas, but in the end it's all about Clan Cortinthos.

Speaking of families, I think this week marked the first time Sam ever verbally acknowledged her Cassadine roots, and she didn't seem too happy about doing it.

With better writers, all these characters could have been so much cooler.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Love 7

Sticking Carly into all the storylines only shows that she isn't necessary or watchable in most of them. I'm not a Sonny fan either but he's 10x more enjoyable without her. LW should watch her back.

If we could get Elizabeth off the sleeping pills and end this here, I would be happy but Chelsea did say there was a dark energy there so I'm guessing not...

And Millow sex. Someone at ABCD hates us.

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, Katy M said:

But, with Willow's speech (OK, one sentence) of how only a bio parent can love their kid it probably will go the Sam/Alexis route.  Hopefully we'll skip the part where Willow has to have sex with Sonny for some reason.

Considering how desperately Willow glommed on to Wylie, that sentence just screams how psychologically broken she is. And did she even think of Sonny/Michael and Carly/Avery in that, both of which we are told are stronger relationships than Michael and Avery have with their bio-parents?

While I hate the idea that Sony has to have sex with all the petite brunettes on the show, I want to see this happen just to see Carly's and Michael's heads explode.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I don't need Willow and Nina to suddenly be Rory and Lorelai. But I do hope she responds to the news with empathy and gets in Carly and SLS's faces about their lack of it. Nina's a needy mess but her mother robbed her of 20 years of her life and two babies.  She's allowed to be a little messed up. And if Ava of all people can forgive her than the rest need to shut up.

I'm slowly catching up on Hulu but I wanted to say that I loved that they played the beat where Ava talked to Nina about the kidnapping and refused to talk to the reporter about it.

• Love 6