Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

well I like Esme - despite the stupidness of the storyline, AP is a very compelling actress, but they didn't have to make her Felicia + Ryan's kid. Esme was intriguing enough without having to warp the canvas to make her someone's kid on the show. It's okay, Show, to have people on this show not related to people.

• Love 12

I really hate the idea of Felicia being Esme’s bio mom,  but if they are going in that direction wouldn’t they have her interacting with Maxie so the impact is bigger? I really hope it’s a red herring. I also find KW barely watchable these days. He vocal tics have become so pronounced. 

• Love 8

Per Wiki,

"In March 2003, it was announced that Wagner would be parting ways with the show, she last aired February 13, 2003, with little fanfare.

In January 2004, nearly a year after her initial departure, it was revealed that Wagner would be returning to the show as Felicia."

So that would sort of fit the timeline of her being brainwashed/imprisoned/pregnant/gives birth, I suppose.

• Useful 5

It does put Esme at the right age. But the idea of stealing Felicia's eggs is gross not to mention forcing Esme on to Felicia, Mac and Maxie.

I don't know much about US privacy laws but wouldn't taking Willow's toothbrush to test it be a crime? Based on my education from cop shows, discarded objects are available for cops to test but does that also apply to private citizens? I find it hard to believe that it would be legal for Carly to test Nina's DNA without her permission, which would make Drew an accomplice.

Drew lost his brain and his moral compass locked up.

• Love 7
27 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I don't know much about US privacy laws but wouldn't taking Willow's toothbrush to test it be a crime?

Oh, sweet summer child!  Even if it is a crime, it's Carly.  Willow will end up thanking her for invading her privacy.

• LOL 11
  • Love 1

I was working more than full-time in the early aughts so missed all this with Ryan and Felicia. Saddling Mac and Felicia with a budding psycho (not to mention the ick of a rapist daddy) seems cruel, after their family suffering through Peter the last few years. 

I would have picked Ava as Esme's biological mother. Ava could handle her. Or Lucy, as was previously mentioned. That would work too.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Oh, sweet summer child!  Even if it is a crime, it's Carly.  Willow will end up thanking her for invading her privacy.

Makes sense. Dummy already gave Carly a key to the gatehouse so that she can drop by whenever she wants and let herself in. The whole call before is a ridiculous request. Carly doesn't need to drop by if she knows that no one is home because she allegedly called ahead of time.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ouinason said:

[DID is] also supposed to be brought on by specific types of trauma that we have no hints of in Liz's background

The rape would qualify, wouldn't it?

I just hate they're going the Liz-be-crazy route, when as @jsbt wrote, there are so many more interesting options they could use. Trust this show to take the lazy, boring route.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Daisy said:

well I like Esme - despite the stupidness of the storyline, AP is a very compelling actress, but they didn't have to make her Felicia + Ryan's kid. Esme was intriguing enough without having to warp the canvas to make her someone's kid on the show. It's okay, Show, to have people on this show not related to people.

I like her too and don't want her to leave either.  

• Love 3

Is the concept of personal responsibility only for other people? Curtis blames Marshall "abandoning" him again 100% on Marshal; Sonny won't let Michael go up against Valentin even though it's Michael starting the war.  Curtis, if you're talking about deception, put your fake job on the list.

Carly, it is not your decision whether Willow knows the truth about her mother or not.

Donna probably doesn't even remember Sonny being gone any more. And as for Avery and Donna being traumatized with Sonny gone for 9 months, pfft. Parents who serve in the army are gone for longer.

Michael and Joss are the worst, even worse than Carly.  Michael: "I am nothing like Sonny, he takes what he wants when he wants.."🤣🤣🤣🤣

I don't understand why Nina didn't give her own version to another paper, like how Carly kept the knowledge that Nelle is her daughter from her. That is not the kind of story Alexis promised that it would be.

Sonny, what Michael is doing is definitely not clearing up the Corinthos name.

So what if Michael and Drew both work at Aurora? They also live in the Quartermaine home with Ned so they can plan with him over after dinner drinks. So very stupid.

Shut Up Drew. If you're not going to be a decent human being, you can get off my screen.

Why is Leo going to a public school? Given the degree of his ASL, he would need accommodations.  All these rich childr4n going to the local public school.

Pretty bad episode.  I was too aware of the writing being ploty plot, rather than it being a storyline.  The best parts were Valentin/Martin and Ned.

1 hour ago, tessaray said:

I would have picked Ava as Esme's biological mother. Ava could handle her. Or Lucy, as was previously mentioned. That would work too.

That would be so good. A better version of what they are trying to do with Nina and Willow.

• Love 9
(edited)

What are the writers doing? Michael is too much. Why does he care this much? Is he that butt hurt about Sonny cheating on Carly, or Nina possibly getting to see his brat?!?!!? I heard his final speech and just rolled my eyes! He's crazy and weird. I hope his maniacal plans to ruin Sonny fail. I'm so over him. This intense hatred just doesn't make sense to me. It's OTT and makes him sound unhinged. I guess this is the show's way of giving him a backbone but it's failing for me. He needs to go somewhere and sit down. 

I had to mute the blondes. I cannot stand Carly or her awful mini-me! They both make me sick.

I still don't see why it is so wrong for Nina to think she could have been a positive influence in her daughter's life had she raised her. They act like her saying that rewrites history. Huh? It's a logical thought . . . . at least to me. I enjoyed her scenes w/Curtis. 

I muted Jordan and TJ once he mentioned Marshall. I don't care. 

I muted Sam w/Willow. That was just strange to me. Has Sam EVER spoken to Willow before? Maybe during the Shiloh stuff but why would Sam think Willow would want to speak to her? Whatever. 

Almost forgot about the Valentin/Tad/Olivia/Ned/BLQ scenes. LOL. I didn't listen to those either honestly. 

Also forgot about Drew/Sonny. Sonny has been ridiculously rude to Drew on many occasions but Happy-Go-Lucky, LifeCoach Drew continues to reach out to him. Why? This version of Drew is sooooo bad. He is Drew in name only. They may as well have created a new character for CM. 

Edited by lala2
  • Love 12
15 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Pretty bad episode.  I was too aware of the writing being ploty plot, rather than it being a storyline.  The best parts were Valentin/Martin and Ned.

I missed the first half but sounds like it was all the same conversation in the 2nd half. The funniest part was when Sam said there was something she has to warn all her clients about. I thought it was going to be that she is a shitty detective.

Willow, save your money and upload your DNA on Ancestry or a site like that and see what hits you get for starters,

• LOL 4
  • Love 6

As much as I give Willow flack and hate her a ton like 90% of the time, I think the actress is doing good with the material. She looks like someone who is just going through the motions and not all there.

I do think that the Willow and Sam scenes were a missed opportunity for her to bring up finding out her mother was Alexis. Almost the same situation, different brunette. Glad to see that KMo's wardrobe is diversified somewhat with the more springy/summery dresses. She was wearing a dress for no particular reason! That never happens with her.

Trying to paint Nina as the big evil is sort of dumb. Nina has done some batshit stuff, more specifically when she induced Ava and stole Avery, but even that doesn't come near anything some of the characters who hog the screentime have done. 

The purpose of the Joss/Carly scenes were to just egg Carly on. Also, shut the fuck up, Joss! I don't need your tongue-bathing on my screen or your goddamn opinion on anything about anything. You're 18 and not a great person.

I can't believe that when Carly finally croaks that we will be stuck with her mercenary daughter. This relationship would have been so much better if Joss was hell on wheels for her mother. But can't have that. Carly's children must of course be perfect. It makes me miss Morgan who was not perfect and gave both his parents grief. 

I don't care about Curtis's woe is me attitude. You drove your father out of town. 

Marshall: I am leaving forever, but here's a clue to my possible location.

Drew can crawl into a hole and stay there forever. What are they doing with this character? What is he now? Michael's mouth piece? Like let's take Drew, a fairly decent character and turn him into a giant lickspittle. 

Is it too much to hope that there was foreshadowing for Michael's actions costing him, or that someone he is close to will catch a bullet? I'd take his hatred of Sonny more seriously, if I didn't already know that he would go running back to Sonny eventually or if I hadn't already seen that movie.

Also, he doesn't seem to like it when someone tells him that he's not perfect. He looked like he made a boom boom in his diaper after Dante told him he wasn't perfect.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, lala2 said:

I still don't see why it is so wrong for Nina to think she could have been a positive influence in her daughter's life had she raised her. They act like her saying that rewrites history. Huh? It's a logical thought . . . . at least to me. I enjoyed her scenes w/Curtis. 

This is something that is really prevelant on twitter/YT comments (even YT reviewers keep saying this is dumb) -as if no one EVER heard of the "what if game" before. or ever played it in life. 

Nina rightly is saying, what if Nelle had a strong, loving influence in her formative years? What if Nelle's psychotic break etc was caught earlier, what if being known as a child who was pumped full of drugs in utero got medical help and therapy . you don't know. So sorry, it's not crazy., it's not delusional, you can't just assume that Nelle would still be the evil  - and Nina isn't saying it would have been perfect just it might have made a difference. 

Jesus has to take the wheel on the Entitled 3. because OH MY GOD. 
1: Joss if someone decided to write all the crimes your mother did we would need more than 5 feature articles. 

2: Michael - you are going to try to take down Sonny because he didn't kill Nina for you.. One more from the top when Sonny came home- he chose you guys. He wanted to just forget what happened in Nixon falls and take advantage of his new life. he didn't think (which was natural) that it would impact their life. Up until he was told (wrongly) that Carly didn't want him he was faithful to your shrew face mother. the moment he realized he screwed up he fought for the marriage.

I want someone, just once to say "When you say "Sonny's honour and code, you mean you wanted Sonny to murder Nina." and then let them both tell the truth. stop trying to dance around the subject.

3: Yeah. Carly is sure acting like someone who is going to do the right thing and tell Nina and Willow about them being related once its confirmed. Ahuh. 

4: Joss justifying Carly's actions before knowing Carly's actions is just stupid.

again i just love how everyone is saying how "Victimizing" Nina must be- next shot, Nina saying she has to own the crap she's done and will prepare to own up to it with her nephew and grandson. She did it, she needs to answer for it. Words that Carly and her brood EVER do. 

• Love 9

"You can take a minute." How generous of Michael to allow Willow to have her feelings. Ugh, why is he?

Wow, Olivia is being really passive-aggressive about Ned doing ELQ business. It's almost on the level of when she was being p-a with Alexis and Julian.

Shut up, Joss. More ugh. It's not up to Carly to protect Wiley. It's up to his dopey parents.

"All those tears I wiped off those little-girl cheeks?" Please, Carly. Donna had no idea Sonny was gone and Avery probably could have been given an age-appropriate explanation.

6 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I don't care about Curtis's woe is me attitude. You drove your father out of town. 

Did he, though? I feel like Marshall is having a hissy fit about Curtis getting that info on him. His anger is legit, but it's also misplaced. Had he told Curtis something remotely true from the get-go, this likely wouldn't have happened. Marshall isn't some innocent here. I don't care about this story at all, though, so whatever.

I loved Valentin's "merger, wha?" face in Kelly's.

25 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Also, [Michael] doesn't seem to like it when someone tells him that he's not perfect. He looked like he made a boom boom in his diaper after Dante told him he wasn't perfect.

I loved that. I liked everything Dante said to Michael. Michael is such an infant. Like father, like son on that point.

I don't get what Sonny thinks he can do in this ELQ-Aurora merger. If Valentin "gets even," it will be financially. He's not going to booby-trap a mailbox or something. 

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I loved Valentin's "merger, wha?" face in Kelly's.

that was awesome. like. "Of course i knew... OH MAH GAWD"

42 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Also, he doesn't seem to like it when someone tells him that he's not perfect. He looked like he made a boom boom in his diaper after Dante told him he wasn't perfect.

lol right? like "hello didn't you get the daily memo as Spawn of Carly, I am perfectly awesome in every way, bow before dumb?"

• Love 6

I hate the idea of Esme being Felicia's daughter.  If they want to keep the character on (and oh, how I dislike the character), why not make her Ava's daughter instead?  

I have missed Valentine so much.  I hope we see more of him and Anna soon.   I've been fast forwarding so much with the Wiley/Willow parentage whatever that I think I have carpel tunnel syndrome.

• Love 6

Hows about Nik and Michael destroy Sonny. Valentin and Ned destroy Michael and Drew. And Sonny double destroy Michael, for good measure. 

...Doesn't anyone want to destroy Carly? Anyone? ...Bueller? 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

"You can take a minute." How generous of Michael to allow Willow to have her feelings. Ugh, why is he?

As long as they don't contradict his, because that's unacceptable.

Today was full of laughable lines:

Carly: "Our family was collateral damage." 

Me: How's it feel for a change?  You've ridden the Carly bus over more people than can be counted since you stomped into town 25 years ago.

Sam: "My potential clients."

Me: LOL, that must be a really short list.

Drew: "I want to broker peace between you and Sonny."
Me: Stay in your lane, Dr. Phil.

Also, why was Carly DOING HER OWN NAILS at the set du jour?  You go to a nail salon so you don't have to.  Also, nine months, nine months, nine months--shut the fuck up, Joss.  Talk about insufferable.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

The rape would qualify, wouldn't it?

I think if Liz was going to split from that she'd have done it years ago, or during one of her many other mental breakdowns that makes this so tired. Though again, DID is largely a soap opera phenomenon at this point; I believe it's been mostly discredited.

• Love 9

Does Liz really believe that Franco's ghost cut up her dress and brained Chase?

Newsflash:  Sam's dress was pretty.  

It made up for the assault on the eyes that Olivia wore.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

I assume the writers are trying to give Michael a backbone and take down Sonny in anticipation of MB retiring. I’ve read a few times he is thinking about it.  If they really want to turn Michael into Sonny 2.0, they need to recast. CD always looks like he is on the verge of crying.

• Love 14
5 hours ago, Artsda said:

Michael is coming out looking so psycho.

Yeah, Mikey was never this upset after Sonny killed his biological father. Guess 9 months beats DNA every time. Yikes, what values these people have.

• Love 13
7 hours ago, ciarra said:

Newsflash:  Sam's dress was pretty. 

Did Dante make her wear it?  Because that's how Drew got in trouble.

1 hour ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Guess 9 months beats DNA every time.

Every time someone yells "9 months" I flashback to Nik screaming "No service!"

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

Very hard to believe this was a Friday episode during May sweeps.  I don't know who had the idea to make sweeps about who gets that stupid baby, but here we are.  I am very interested in Trina, Spencer, Cam, and Esme, and that whole story.  But not in who gets Wiley.  I feel like screaming, NINA you should be so lucky you never get to see that stupid baby!  

The only highlight was Dante telling Michael off.  God, why did they make Michael so unlikeable?  I mean, seriously unlikeable.  He's just the world's biggest ahole.  Period.  

Kemo looks absolutely gorgeous and I just want to note that when she first got some (I am assuming here) injectables, they weren't great.  Same thing happened to NLG, and she spoke about that on Twitter.  Sometimes, the first time you get them, it goes wrong.  A bit overdone.   It happened to me and I learned, never let them do my lips or cheeks.  But it wears off and you learned a lesson.  Anyway, Kemo got a lot of heat here, like way over the top.  But now she looks drop-dead gorgeous and I wanted to mention that. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, CeChase said:

Anyway, Kemo got a lot of heat here, like way over the top.  But now she looks drop-dead gorgeous and I wanted to mention that. 

KeMo did look extremely pretty on Friday. And she didn't seem. *Dreamy/tired* either. Someone did mention there was a major missed opportunity for Sam to share that she had had her identity blown up but she ended up stronger for it (and it didn't really hurt her memories of the past either) though in fairness- Sam was never pimped out to cults either or lived on communes so.

• Love 4

The scene with Drew and Sonny was hard to watch, their height difference was distracting. The one with Michael and Dante was almost as bad. It's like the camera operator couldn't find a good way to frame them so they figured we wouldn't notice if they kept them moving. 

Also, I hate Michael. Maybe a better capable actor could make me sympathize with him. For now, all I've got is #freeWillow...

I'm here for Valentin and Ned teaming up. 

• Love 12

Catching up on this week's episodes - From Wednesday: Is this the most heavily visited graveyard ever??? It might as well be the mall, considering how many people pass through there, meet there, and generally hang out there. <snark> Do they have a food court? It might be a business opportunity. </snark>

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, Artsda said:

Michael is coming out looking so psycho.

He's really looking awful in so many ways  -- with Nina, with Willow, his pissiness around Sonny, now stabbing Ned in the back . I find it hard to believe that the writers really believe that the audience thinks that this is a leading man to root for. He should be in anger management therapy.

• Love 14
5 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

He's really looking awful in so many ways  -- with Nina, with Willow, his pissiness around Sonny, now stabbing Ned in the back . I find it hard to believe that the writers really believe that the audience thinks that this is a leading man to root for. He should be in anger management therapy.

That's the thing, the writers have forced this Mr. Wonderful identity on Michael for over ten years and it's never landed because they've never actually shown us why that's true. In fact we've seen the opposite. Michael hasn't been shown wheeling and dealing like Val and Ned but he's some business tycoon? He's the paragon of virtue but he moved in on his dying best friend's wife and his brother's girlfriend years earlier. He's got the best judgement ever but he chose Nelle multiple times and got her pregnant. He's consistently acted like an overgrown brat, but anointed for sainthood by all the characters around him. It's totally disconnected. A Carly/AJ/Sonny kid writes itself and they still fumbled the ball. He should've always been messy and devious. Like JR Chandler. A smug, entitled SOB who is always letting his own insecurities trip him up as he selfishly goes for whatever he wants. They need to give up on the nice guy angle once and for all and just commit to him being a bastard. 

• Love 14
23 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Literally snapping at anyone he has a scene with who doesn't just nod and agree with him.  Look how he treated Dante yesterday. 

• Love 9
(edited)

Thursday's episode observations:

• Of course, if Carly called and got no answer and knocked and got no answer, she'd just let herself in and wait for Michael and Willow. I would have (not) loved it if my mother did that!
  • Where were M & W? Oh, you know, hanging at the graveyard, where they ran into da-da-dum! Nina. (As one does.) Where Nina insisted on annoying them. Never mind that she was there first. 
    • Are all the graves in that one small section?
  • How dopey is that orderly? Wouldn't the proper thing to do be to user Esme out, then leave and close and lock the door behind you? NOT just leave Esme standing there with the door open.
  • Didn't Liz ever watch any horror/ghost stories? Don't ask the "spirit" if they are a particular person - if they are evil, they will lie.
  • Michael, nature vs. nurture - if you're going to go with Nelle inheriting "crazy" from Nina (who never even knew she was her daughter, so didn't raise her), then you can't think that Wiley won't also be "crazy" to some degree, regardless of your nurturing. 
  • Carly - why would you accept the key as a good thing; to me it looked like a passive/aggressive way of telling someone that they are overstepping.
Edited by KittyQ
  • Love 5

I'm not a fan of this nail salon set, it’s awkward. And I’m not looking forward to how many conversations will now need to be had over mani/pedi so Frank can get his money's worth for it. “Elizabeth, I’m glad I ran into you. I got your test results. You have multiple personalities. And I can’t decide between perfectly peach or crimson vixen for my toes.” Add a club house to the Metro Court pool, they can drink cucumber water there. Give the teens a PCU set where they study and meet up. Add a hospital break room, not a dang nail salon. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

More Thursday observations:

• Wow, Spencer behaved like a jerk to Britt. 
  • Ryan and Felicia? When was that flashback? I missed a number of years, so this was news to me. However, it always seems so contrived when women forget they've given birth. How often does that happen?
  • Carly is doing this DNA test backwards. Normally, you'd find someone who does the testing and then find out what kind of material they need before you collect it. Otherwise, you could end up testing on something that is not right.
  • Love 2

I was away for a week and am now (almost) caught up. So much weirdness going on!

-OF COURSE the writers had to give Carly an out for not telling Willow the whole truth. She is just honoring Harmony’s last wish! She is not being selfish at all! I am on record for not minding Carly’s less, shall we say, scrupulous side, but come on— if she’s going to be devious, make her own it. Not a fan of the whitewashing.

-And speaking of Harmony’s dying wish: Nina’s dangerous? Because she loves too much? And will suffocate Wiley with that love? WTF?? (Also, not advocating infanticide, but Wiley could use a little suffocating.)

-So Aiden gets a Ouija board and rather than helping him sort out his feelings and separate fantasy from reality, Elizabeth decides to hold a seance instead? Boo, Liz. (I meant that both ways.)

-I may have played hooky from work a time or two, but never did I run into my boss and instead of being ashamed or apologetic, threw a hissy fit and insisted that taking an unscheduled day off was my right because I had a bad day! I was such a wimp. 

-That whole Mac & Felicia Baby Rabies plot sure came out of nowhere. Except it didn’t because the writers had to set up a Felicia-begat-Esme story in the most awkward and contrived way, as is their wont.

-The only way this Felicia story works is if Ryan stole her eggs, fertilized them and put them in a surrogate (or maybe hatched them himself. Now I have an image of Ryan squatting over a nest, warming the eggs with his butt until the shell cracks and Esme pops out.) But how did this happen? Is there record of Felicia freezing some eggs? Or did Ryan pull a Stavros and put her whole body in a deep freeze first?

• Love 4

I don't understand the logic of the setup if Esme is going to be Felicia's daughter. Instead of talking about Mac and Felicia's having a child at this point in their lives  because Mac has no biological child of his own, it should have been regret on Felicia's part that she has only one living child and she wishes that she had had another when she had the chance.

11 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

And speaking of Harmony’s dying wish: Nina’s dangerous? Because she loves too much? And will suffocate Wiley with that love? WTF?? (Also, not advocating infanticide, but Wiley could use a little suffocating.)

The irony! Carly and Harmony are #1 and #2 at suffocating with love (as Harmony murders 2 people in order to keep secret that she stole Willow), followed by Michael and Willow who are smothering Wylie the bugging genius and Picasso.  Nobody smothers their children as much as these 4.

• Love 12
On 5/13/2022 at 8:38 AM, seasons said:

I know Elizabeth is very vulnerable but she reached out to the medium. I see he's being protective, but he was pretty harsh, even calling her a mean name off the bat, can't remember the name. I like medium lady. 

And why was Liz relieved the dark force is Franco?

The dark force never said it (he?) was Franco. The Medium said it/he didn't go by his first name, maybe a variation of his middle or last name, and Elizabeth jumped to the conclusion that it was Franco. I've been wondering if there has been another character who didn't go by his first name, and then realized that was a complete waste of my time.

• LOL 9

First off, I thought it was great that Elizabeth and the medium coordinate their outfits without either of them knowing who each was and never meeting before. There is coordinating by the wardrobe people but this was way too much. That said, I thought Becky Herbst did a great a great job. It was so sad when she wanted “Franco” to know she was alright and such. It’s a shame she’s never won an Emmy. She’s always on point even with some questionable material she’s been given over the years. 

• Love 9
6 hours ago, Pingaponga said:

The dark force never said it (he?) was Franco. The Medium said it/he didn't go by his first name, maybe a variation of his middle or last name, and Elizabeth jumped to the conclusion that it was Franco. I've been wondering if there has been another character who didn't go by his first name, and then realized that was a complete waste of my time.

I was trying to come up with a first, middle or last name that a character has/had used but I couldn’t come witching connected to Elizabeth though. Maybe, it’s Terry but why would she torment Biz? Lucky? Unusual name but I doubt he terrorize Elizabeth either. I guess we’ll have to wait till the mediums visit which I actually was kind kind of into. Very Dark Shadows. LOL!!!!

• Love 1
11 hours ago, ByaNose said:

That said, I thought Becky Herbst did a great a great job. It was so sad when she wanted “Franco” to know she was alright and such. It’s a shame she’s never won an Emmy. She’s always on point even with some questionable material she’s been given over the years. 

Extremely sad day when they killed off AJ.  AJ and Liz would have made a much more 'relatable' and enjoyable lead couple to follow than the violent, sociopathic, nasty and just dispicable leads we have been stuck with for WAY TOO LONG!

• Love 14

Mac having grown kids is the way to go, but it's not what the show is interested in for those two.

Esme doesn't need this to be compelling, but she does have a shelf life. That being said, I still say her mother should be Rachel Locke (Google it!).

• Love 1

Willow profusely apologizing to Michael for daring to speak to Sonny "I was only thanking him for the flowers."  Run girl, run. You are a paper wall away from being in an abusive relationship. If you have to leave Wylie do it because teaching him that this is the way two people behave is not good for him either.

Curtis: "Marshall left town, he's not coming back. .. We had an argument, he's not being honest with me." Be careful to leave out the fake job interview and stealing his sealed arrest record. Curtis is sounding exactly like Michael, demanding everything be his way. Since Curtis has such high standards on truth from other people (Jordan, Marshall) but not himself, let's see what happens when it's Stella.

If Ned doesn't dropkick Drew and Michael to the curb after this, he's deadtome. On the plus side, the utter arrogance and ignorance of Drew and especially Michael is well written.

Drew is so busy being a people-pleaser, he forgot about having a personality.  If not a 180 from Billy Miller's Drew, then at least a 150.

They need to wrap up this Trina/tape thing last week.  The idea that PCU is going to kick her out before her trial is eyerolling, especially if you add in the support of the mayor, the Cassadines and her professional mother. Why does Portia assume that her arrest will follow her the rest of her life if she's acquitted?  Oh right, because she's with Curtis and they do that stuff.

What fresh hell was Olivia wearing? Can't she afford a stylist?

JPS is charming but even he can't save this episode. But at least -- no Carly or Joss!!

• Love 12

Willow and Sonny having a very nice conversation. Sonny just says, if you need something let me know. Michael: WILLOW NEEDS NOTHING FROM YOU." Oh my hero, let me gag myself with a ski pole. I would have so much more respect for Willow if she just shut him down right here. Annnnd she doesn't. (But she looks scared. what a loving stable relationship that one). 

lmao. Michael thinks Sonny sent flowers to get one over on him. and that "Well Sonny barely paid any attention to us since he came back from NF." this boy is clearly Carly's son, warping reality to suit his needs. Just replace "needing to protect them from the Quatermaines." to "He threw out family away." (also. Willow apologizing-ish to have even talking to him is disgusting. If she wants to have a relationship with Sonny that's her prerogative, deal with it, man-child

Sonny tarred his hair. Sad. 

Just saying, Chase should be sitting in the front row vs behind Olivia.
Also. Olivia the event didn't start yet so yeah if Ned wants to talk business, yeah.

Chase and Leo are just j'adorable. What is not is CLQ just... mooneyeing each other. Like i said. I don't mind  the schmoopines unlike most people, but I'm over this now. either poop and get off the pot now.

Okay, I will say, that Ned being a COO isn't that bad - especially now you are nothing since Val is CEO. But Michael and Drew you are so freaking stupid. "Oh well, you can be COO, but we'll totally bring someone in to basically be your partner." what a way to sell it. Especially because this merger makes zero sense.  again it would make more sense if Val sucked at being CEO. But y'all still have votes, Ned is working there, so like.....whatever. (and even though I want Ned to work with Val to screw Captain LifeCoach and Man Child, Ned needs to slightly shut up). 

I can't tell if Nik is playing Esme or if he's dumbo. I'm leaning towards Dumbo.

Stella truly did have a secret that it wasn't her place to tell - and she didn't, and I love how it was breaking her heart, and Curtis isn't being too much of a poop to her about it (especially when he realized that Mama Curtis knew too). 

I know i sit at my table of one here but as pissed off as people have the right to be here, again, Spencer is showing concern, and does try to do the right thing. yeah he falls and fumbles the ball a lot - and a good chunk of his world view is because he is rich, and he is entitled - but he's trying. Again he falls, and to me that makes him human. And it just drives me crazy - as right as they are that this is Esme's fault, blaming all of this on Spencer too is wrong. (It also just occured to me i forgot that they all think that Spencer believes Trina did it but yeah, still). if you all believe Esme did it, go yell at Esme. Don't yell at Spencer. And also also - again, I think it's hypocritical (in a sense) to be all. "like yah, loyality, stand by your friends!" because you like them, but because you hate someone, it's all "well you be dead to me, until you pick MY side." because it's gross.  And because Esme' is bad it also leads up to a big. SEE I KNOW I WAS RIGHT. they did it here, with Harmony, and almost everyone else. just stahp. 

6 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

JPS is charming but even he can't save this episode. But at least -- no Carly or Joss!!

very true. and lets celebrate!
I'll bring the ice cream!

• Love 9

Am I the only one who finds Leo's attachment to Chase weird? So I get that Chase was living at the Q mansion during his sham marriage to Willow, but we got absolutely nothing on screen as far as I remember about them forming this tight bond while he was there. So now they just dropped this on our heads and it's just doesn't land for me.

Did you know that Scout made a painting that her parents are so very proud of? Also, let's hire a bunch of children for this day in the park, but let's not bring the Scout actress in for half a day of filming because that's not gonna look weird at all. How stupid!

I am rooting for Esme to kiss Nikolas. Maybe that'll finally wake his stupid ass from whatever spell he's under. Then I hope Ava sees it and kicks him to the curb.

Still don't care about Curtis and his issues. 

Portia tearing a strip off Spencer and then Ava having a go at him followed by Trina is sort of my jam. 

I hope ELQ/Aurora does merge and that Valentin and Ned fire Michael and Drew. This whole idea about Ned needing media experience is so laughable. Drew didn't have any media experience when he started the company. And Michael's only experience is whining and being abusive to his overly apologetic dumbass girlfriend. But he's totes swell to run a media company. 

Also, Willow, girl, if you have to apologize for thanking Sonny for being considerate of your grief and sending you flowers, then you need to run to the closest possible exit. There are two at the rear, two in the middle and two other ones in the front. I'll build you a door. Just get out of that relationship. Like seriously, WTF! So Willow can't speak to Sonny because Michael is angry with him? What's next? Can't leave the gatehouse? Can't talk to her friends for more than five minutes? How about a slap across the face next time she tries to argue a point? Do the writers have any idea how this is coming off?

Michael isn't just a cretin. He is also a vile pos. It's really hard not to feel contempt for a character like this.

Also, Sonny better not intervene with this whole ELQ/Valentin thing. Let puff fish put on his big boy diaper and be a man for a change, where his daddy doesn't run in to rescue him. 

• Love 13