Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

(edited)

While I totally get where Joss was coming from, seriously, just dump her, Cam. You'll be doing yourself and your mental health a huge favor.

Just as I was wondering if Alexis and Willow would have scenes because of the whole Joan business, not!Alexis knocked on the door. 

I am so incredibly glad that Michael and Drew have their interaction off screen. Like fucking grateful for this small favor. Having to listen to them drone on about the merger and trying to justify themselves to Ned for not bringing him in the loop was painful. Must be nice for Ned to see the diaper CEO and the dude who was kept in a two by four cell for two years having that discussion without him and making these big decisions without him. Of course, for the purpose of this show, the Board of the Directors will get no say in the merger, because that's totally how business works.

Burn it to the ground, Ned. And Michael too while you're at it. And Dr. Drew too. He is useless.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, Daisy said:

I can't even even with this woman. Even Erica Kane got hers at times. 

I have a vital question, because I'm just barely watching: Has Carly said Word One to Michael for causing this situation, i.e. Wylie's existence? Yes, Nelle was a terrible person and a psychopath and all those things, but.....he had sex with her anyway. Without protection, just like his mobster dad, so now there's a kid that everybody and their dog is slobbering over. Given Nina's history. its kind of hilarious that she's the only one who is trying to be reasonable here, but I really am curious to know if the mother Michael loves and admires so much has pointed out to him that he's half the root cause of this ridiculous situation.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

I have a vital question, because I'm just barely watching: Has Carly said Word One to Michael for causing this situation, i.e. Wylie's existence? Yes, Nelle was a terrible person and a psychopath and all those things, but.....he had sex with her anyway. Without protection, just like his mobster dad, so now there's a kid that everybody and their dog is slobbering over. Given Nina's history. its kind of hilarious that she's the only one who is trying to be reasonable here, but I really am curious to know if the mother Michael loves and admires so much has pointed out to him that he's half the root cause of this ridiculous situation.

LOL of course not.  because Michael can do no wrong. 

• Love 6

Could Joss be any more awful? "Who at this moment could you be texting that is more important than me and Trina?"  Oh, I don't know. How about his mother who is being stalked. Or his younger brothers who could be in trouble. JOSS IS THE WORST, closely followed by Carly and Michael.

I wish Nina would stop wearing this hair shirt about her mistakes. What she did was far, far less than what Carly's done.

Michael, the guy who got to be CEO of both ELQ and Aurora with zero experience, is shutting Ned out because he doesn't have any media experience.

Good for Ned. It's time someone pushed back on Michael and all the fake "Michael is so great" garbage (including Willow's "Michael saw through Harmony" today).

I want Ned to team up with Valentin now that he's being stabbed in the back by Michael and Drew.

Cameron: "Joss you really hold a drudge."  Mini-Carly: "Only when they deserve it." #FreeCam.

Carly: "Loving someone doesn't entitle you to anything."  [Whereas you feel entitled to everything even when you hate, not love.

Good for Trina for taking advantage of her assets, namely Ava's scheming.

Drew, this is your Very Last Chance. If you don't confront Carly about what she's doing, you're deadtome.

4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Still not sold on nuTrina. There's a hesitancy the actor brings to the character that doesn't fit, IMO.

I think you've nailed it. I don't know if it's an acting or a directing choice but even with having her own storyline now, she seems even more just as "Joss' frined" than her own person.

4 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

despite the fact that LW either leads the episode counts or is #2 behind MB, there appears to be zero interest in a SL centered around her

I'd say "on the part of the writers" because there have to be viewers who want her to have her own storyline. Otherwise what's the point of having her on screen 24/7

22 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Like...im sorry. were they just... not going to tell Wiley that Harmony wasn't dead? People keep acting like you need to tell him the entire drama but still? like was this another thing they were going to hold from him until he's 22? I mean I don't have kids or anything like that but my friends do and they'v all experienced death of some kind. pets, animals, actual loved ones.  like yeah it's heartbreaking when little ones have to go through it but it's life. holy moses.

These people are so bad at parenting, they shouldn't be allowed custody of a pet.

• Love 8
33 minutes ago, Daisy said:

not going to tell Wiley that Harmony wasn't dead?

This.  And Carly's stupid argument is that Wylie is too young (at the age of 3) to understand that his grandmother is dead, but in the same breath, uses Nina telling him about Nelle against her.  If Wylie is too young now to understand death, than he sure as heck at the age of 18 months/2 years, didn't understand the whole 'Willow isn't mommy, Nelle is' conversation.  You can't have it both ways Carly.  

26 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

What's the big deal with the DNA test Willow has to take? It's a swab in the mouth, nothing more invasive. Doesn't Willow want to know what's going on?

I think it's denial.  If she takes the DNA test and it proves that Harmony was not her mother, than she really will have to accept the truth of what she's been told.  

• Love 9
14 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I want Ned to team up with Valentin now that he's being stabbed in the back by Michael and Drew.

Oooh, that would be such fun. So of course it will never happen.

10 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

You can't have it both ways Carly.  

Sadly, she can, at least in her mind.

"I'm proud to be your go-to schemer!" Hee. Ava has always owned her behavior.

"Anything for the family." That's your biggest mistake right there, Ned. You should be putting you and your family first. 

That was a nicely soapy cliffhanger.

• Love 3
(edited)
58 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Like...im sorry. were they just... not going to tell Wiley that Harmony wasn't dead? People keep acting like you need to tell him the entire drama but still?

They don’t seem to think this poor kid can handle anything, which is not going to bode well in the future when everything all comes out anyway.  Like if they would just tell him Willow is not his bio mom from the beginning he will just grow up thinking that’s normal and they can always fill in the details when he’s older.  Same with the Harmony stuff. Grandma went to heaven and we won’t see her again for a really long time and it’s ok to be sad.  Do you have any questions?  Leave it at that.

Ugh who does Nina even try with Carly??  It’s a losing battle.  Mini-Carly is almost as bad, although I’ll give her a small pass since she doesn’t know about the take down Esme plan. At the end of the day she needs to trust Cam, but I have to say if I constantly walked in on Esme and my boyfriend I’d be pissed too, given what she’s done.

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 4
27 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I'd say "on the part of the writers" because there have to be viewers who want her to have her own storyline. Otherwise what's the point of having her on screen 24/7

I would rather her have her own story than just constantly sticking her nose in everyone else’s stories.  Maybe a new love interest that can take her in a different direction entirely (NOT DREW). 

And no Nina, Carly doesn’t want peace.  She thrives off drama and turmoil.  It gives her life.

• Love 6
(edited)
59 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

What's the big deal with the DNA test Willow has to take? It's a swab in the mouth, nothing more invasive. Doesn't Willow want to know what's going on? Ugh.

She does want to know and it's not about the DNA. The DNA test is the nail in the coffin. There's no more being in denial about Harmony or her actions. Once the DNA test comes back that Harmony is not her mother, then she has to 100% acknowledge that truth and then there's that whole daunting task of trying to find her biological parents. By the time she was done having her conversation with not!Alexis, Willow is at that place where she acknowledges that the only thing that will give her any answers is the DNA test.

Honestly, though, it feels like Harmony died a month ago, but she died like less than 24 hours ago in GH time.

Also huzzah for Alexis's healing powers. That gash on her forehead sure healed in record time.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
42 minutes ago, statsgirl said:
5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Still not sold on nuTrina. There's a hesitancy the actor brings to the character that doesn't fit, IMO.

I think you've nailed it. I don't know if it's an acting or a directing choice but even with having her own storyline now, she seems even more just as "Joss' frined" than her own person.

Ya original Trina was so charming but could also be fierce. nuTrina is flat is you ask me. But I think that it must be the directing because if you check the actress out online she has tons of personality. They are just not letting it show.

*** Don't get me wrong, she is not replacement Alexis level bad, and I don't dislike her , she is just not wowing me and I miss original Trina

Spencer figuring out the box thing was the most "detectiving" I have seen on this show. PCPD / Sam the PI could take a lesson 🤣

Edited by Blackie
eta, clarity
  • Love 13

Too bad Ned alienated Austin. They could use him in this plot. I didn't unmute to hear what was being said (lol), but I'm reading what you guys are saying. The writers made Austin a Q so they should do something w/that legacy. 

• Love 7

Wouldn't cops run Willow's DNA to see if it's in the system? Or would they just check it against Harmony's?

Because Nelle was in the system, they could find out the two are related that way, although that means Carly is off the hook.

Unless Dante tells Michael, and he decides to keep it from Willow. 

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, Blackie said:

Spencer figuring out the box thing was the most "detectiving" I have seen on this show. PCPD / Sam the PI could take a lesson 🤣

And taking pics of everything to remember how to put stuff back!  Too bad he got busted, are people teleporting back to spoon island now??  How the hell did Esme get back there so fast?

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
35 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

Unless Dante tells Michael, and he decides to keep it from Willow. 

That would be typical of Michael "because Willow is so fragile right now it is too much for her" but very unprofessional of Dante.

It would be smart to run Willow's DNA in the system since she might have been stolen but this show.

43 minutes ago, lala2 said:

The writers made Austin a Q so they should do something w/that legacy. 

They seem to have completely forgotten about that except when Brook Lynn throws it in his face that he only wanted the money.

In the show in my head, Valentin and Ned bond over being good , savvy businessman who have been put down by their families*, take over ELQ and Aurora, and push both Michael and Drew out except when it becomes time to cash their dividends. Ned and Valentin enjoy their time talking over single malt and cigars. Anna is smart enough not to bond with Olivia.

It would make sense to put Austin in there somehow, he's the right age, bonded sort of with Ned, seems to have the right self-confidence not to mention being rejected by family but the show stopped doing anything with him beyond being Maxie's love interest.

*I can't get over pipsqueak Michael pushing experienced Ned aside that he doesn't have media experience when Michael himself was just handed Aurora because Sam couldn't be bothered with it.

• Love 11
(edited)
41 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

Wouldn't cops run Willow's DNA to see if it's in the system?

They wanted to, Dante asked Willow to submit a sample but she wasn't ready yet to do it . That was to prove she wasn't related to Harmony. But are you asking if it would hit with Nelle's DNA? The police shouldn't have Nelle's DNA in their system because she wasn't convicted of anything (was she?) {that's how it would works in the real world}  . Willow could upload her DNA to a site like 23 and me to see if she could find any blood relatives.

Edited by Blackie
eta, clarity
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

*I can't get over pipsqueak Michael pushing experienced Ned aside that he doesn't have media experience when Michael himself was just handed Aurora because Sam couldn't be bothered with it.

I mean, does Sam think because Michael watches television that that equates to media experience?  God, this show is infuriating.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 3

Wouldn’t the ELQ board need to vote on a merger? If Ned isn’t on board and I’m assuming Valentin wouldn’t be for obvious reasons, how’s this merger supposed to go through? I can’t recall who all else still has their shares. Monica would probably side with Michael/Drew but Tracy wouldn’t. 

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, Blackie said:

They wanted to, Dante asked Willow to submit a sample but she wasn't ready yet to do it . That was to prove she wasn't related to Harmony. But are you asking if it would hit with Nelle's DNA? The police shouldn't have Nelle's DNA in their system because she wasn't convicted of anything (was she?) {that's how it would works in the real world}  . Willow could upload her DNA to a site like 23 and me to see if she could find any blood relatives.

Nelle was in prison for awhile. She was convicted for killing her fiance and trying to kill Michael. 

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Nelle was in prison for awhile. She was convicted for killing her fiance and trying to kill Michael. 

OK I couldn't remember if she was convicted for that or not. In that case her DNA may be in some registry.

36 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Wouldn’t the ELQ board need to vote on a merger? If Ned isn’t on board and I’m assuming Valentin wouldn’t be for obvious reasons, how’s this merger supposed to go through? I can’t recall who all else still has their shares. Monica would probably side with Michael/Drew but Tracy wouldn’t. 

The writers don't like logic, therefore they never use it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
51 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

And his reason! "You don't have media experience." As if Michael is some grizzled veteran of the business. When was he last in the office? Or even mentioned WFH? Ugh, shut up, Michael.

And Drew just goes along with it. He's been deadtome for a while, and this just confirms that I was right to do that.

47 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I mean, does Sam think because Michael watches television that that equates to media experience? 

He also reads to Wiley, so there's that.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

I forgot Sonny was dating his daughter's kidnapper. Oh well, as Ava says "people change." ...except for Carly, of course. 

What is the thing Trina can use as a last resort? 

5 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

I forgot Sonny was dating his daughter's kidnapper. Oh well, as Ava says "people change." ...except for Carly, of course. 

I think that she was in the cemetery with Spencer at the time the sex tape was uploaded.  Of course Jordan was also there in around the same time frame but that hasn't occurred to Jordan.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

She was with Spencer when the video was released. She ran into him at his mother’s grave because he broke out of prison that day. I don’t get why she’s covering for him. Whatever feelings Spencer and Trina may have for each other, he’s selfish to a fault so she comes off like a fool. She’s risking real prison time for a crime she didn’t commit to cover for Spencer over something he did do, not to mention how petulant and entitled he was about that 30 day sentence in country club jail to begin with. I don’t believe that he’ll corroborate her story if she does give up her alibi considering he’ll get in trouble. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
52 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Tracy doesn't have shares. She has pickle relish. 
to be honest I have NO idea who is on the board now. 
I loved Edward I did - but what he did with his will was so freaking dumbo , and for all of Ned's kvetching (which i agree with for the most part) - i think it is dumb that this family with all the takeovers they've had, has not separated church and state and have a board separate from the family, to make decisions.

I think (think) mind how this is working out is that Michael has a lion share of the shares. He's got AJ's + Jason's + his grandchild portion. (I still don't get how he can just. be all "Okay we can merger now" without everyone else agreeing, even if they did wait for Drew to get his shares back). so this is basically being written like... Michael has control of ELQ. which he doesn't. 

• Love 2

I liked Edward, but guy could be a total sociopath. The sad truth was if he groomed Tracy instead of playing mind games on her (especially after Alan rejected going into business) ELQ would be in much better shape.

• Love 5

So how exactly is Carly, or Michael, if she ropes him into it, going to sabotage these DNA results at the PCPD right under poor Dante's nose?  

I'm starting to wonder if this is going to dovetail with the other DNA mystery going on with Esme. Ages don't work out for a one to one swap but after today I can see Spencer putting the pressure on Esme to figure out who her birth parents are, and Esme, in an effort to keep her charade going and prove that she has nothing to hide, agrees to a DNA test with plans to do her own sabotaging. Maybe she enlists Ryan's help? Through some convoluted series of  tampering, Esme's results become Willow's, while Esme's show inconclusive. Carly knows this isn't true but continues to let Willow think she has a serial killer for a dad and yet another incorrect mommy because, "Wiley." 

• Useful 1
11 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

I liked Edward, but guy could be a total sociopath. The sad truth was if he groomed Tracy instead of playing mind games on her (especially after Alan rejected going into business) ELQ would be in much better shape.

I agree. the best CEO was Tracy and they all admitted it. Especially near the end it was quite obvious that Tracy and Edward got over ALL their grieviances against each other, so the whole "hahahaha I gave pieces of ELQ to everyone  but you, AND left the company open to takeovers and diluting the Q portion by anyone claiming to be A Q and all you get is a jar of relish hahahahahaha" is so dumb. 

ill be dead honest too. while I want Ned to win (so Michael and Jasonlite can lose) it's not like I think Ned is the bees knees CEO. i know the show is cheap, but at least multipurpose Alexis's office or something - SHOW these people at work.  I will die  on this hill, y'all.  none of these Q's work LOL. at least Val has "business phonecalls" and what not. all MIchael does is go to Paris.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

There are A class shares and B class shares. (In Canada, this was most recently evident in the Rogers family fight over who gets to appoint the board,) A class can vote in the important things like who is on the board and what to do about mergers, and B class, which is what most of use have, can't.

Valentin had enough A class shares (that he bought from various people as Tracy tried to warn Ned) or voting rights to A class shares (Scout and Danny) to become CEO. He should still have the ability to vote Danny's shares but Drew would have taken back the one Scout inherited from him.

The ELQ board would have to approve a merger with Aurora before the merger could take place.

I desperately want to think that Michael and Drew overplayed their hand, and the Ned is angry enough and smart enough to team with Valentin because the two of them together would be invincible but I don't trust this show. How the hell is Aurora going to acquire enough holdings to become equal to ELQ? Half of it was sold to Jax. Maybe Valentin should go after those shares?

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Half of it was sold to Jax. Maybe Valentin should go after those shares?

actually.... didn't Jax sell his share of aurora? (I wanna say to Lucy?) but i feel he doesn't have them anymore. he got rid of everything financial when he left Port Yuck

1 minute ago, Daisy said:

actually.... didn't Jax sell his share of aurora? (I wanna say to Lucy?) but i feel he doesn't have them anymore. he got rid of everything financial when he left Port Yuck

He did as part of scrubbing the characters existence from PC. Got rid of his half of Aurora, sold his house, his surfing boards and tanning salons.

• LOL 2
52 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

She was with Spencer when the video was released. She ran into him at his mother’s grave because he broke out of prison that day. I don’t get why she’s covering for him. Whatever feelings Spencer and Trina may have for each other, he’s selfish to a fault so she comes off like a fool. She’s risking real prison time for a crime she didn’t commit to cover for Spencer over something he did do, not to mention how petulant and entitled he was about that 30 day sentence in country club jail to begin with. I don’t believe that he’ll corroborate her story if she does give up her alibi considering he’ll get in trouble. 

I don’t see how this is her ace in the hole since you can set things to be released (via email, Twitter, Facebook or however this sex video was sent) at a certain time and she could have scheduled it earlier that day. But not one bit of this storyline holds up to any sort of inspection. I guess the takeaway is that she still has some sort of lingering feelings for Spencer since she’s not willing to use that info yet. 

I definitely miss some things about SM but I think nuTrina has a lot of potential and is still very new. She’ll grow into the role. I hope they let her have more scenes with people besides Joss. Let her hang around Ava more especially. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Today someone posted a clip from not long before Nelle died; it was a confrontation between her and Carly. She really dragged Carly with all the stuff I wish Nina had said today -- that yes, she (Nelle) valued Wylie as a ticket to redemption and a better life, exactly how Carly did back in the day with Michael. And how she used Michael to hold onto a variety of people, esp. Sonny and Jason.

She brought out some of Carly's greatest hits, like seducing Tony and setting up AJ. More of that, please!

Edited by Auntie Velvet
  • Love 11
8 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

Today someone posted a clip from not long before Nelle died; it was a confrontation between her and Carly. She really dragged Carly with all the stuff I wish Nina had said today -- that yes, she (Nelle) valued Wylie as a ticket to redemption and a better life, exactly how Carly did back in the day with Michael. And how she used Michael to hold onto a variety of people, esp. Sonny and Jason.

She brought out some of Carly's greatest hits, like seducing Tony and setting up AJ. More of that, please!

ohh posted where i'd love to see it. 

• Love 2

So what is Carly going to do when she gets confirmation that Willow is Nina's daughter via her secret DNA test?  Tell Momma's Boy Michael so they can collude to keep the truth from her?  PRobably.  She's such a piece of work.  Seriously, Carly calling out anyone else--ANYONE ELSE--over the lies they've told and how they've hurt people?  How does a giant hellmouth not open up and swallow her?

Also, fuck you Drew and Michael.  You ARE keeping Ned in the dark and it IS deliberate.  I really hope Ned does an end run around you two assholes.  Serve you right.

• Love 18

Again, because I took a break but why is Nina  saying that Carly is responsible for 5 part expose by the tabloid reporter? Wasn't that Michael's brain child?

Let see when Drew was running Aurora, who did he hire because he had ZERO experience in running the publishing world? Oh that's right Peter.

Ava? Your advice to Trina is going to backfire on you. Hard.

17 hours ago, lala2 said:

Too bad Ned alienated Austin. They could use him in this plot. I didn't unmute to hear what was being said (lol), but I'm reading what you guys are saying. The writers made Austin a Q so they should do something w/that legacy. 

Austin should also be involved in the Leo story, but no.  They ripped away all of the Quartermaine stories from Austin just so he can hold Maxie’s purse and have to deal with Spinelli.

Seriously, they are wasting Roger Howarth.

• Love 12
10 hours ago, nilyank said:

Again, because I took a break but why is Nina  saying that Carly is responsible for 5 part expose by the tabloid reporter? Wasn't that Michael's brain child?

I seem to remember Diane starting the "you have to give Smotlz something" idea.

Nina just wants to be able to spend time with her grandson, the only grandchild she will ever have, and she thinks that if Carly, mother of 3 living children, grandmother to one and potential grandmother to many more, would use her influence with Michael to let Nina see Wylie, there wouldn't be the court fight or the need for the tabloid article.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 5/6/2022 at 11:40 AM, sacrebleu said:

Yeah, that's straight out of the Carly-baby-snatching playbook. AJ was a drunk, and too dangerous for Michael to be around. The Q's were heartless, business obsessed and too terrible for Michael to be around. After Michael was shot, she said Sonny was too dangerous to be around Morgan ( that didn't last long) and she went along with Sonny's plan to bribe a woman to accuse Jax of sexual assault so the courts would rule Jax was too dangerous to be around Joss. 

Carly and Michael ( and Willow) keep saying Nina is unstable/dangerous/ not safe for Wiley to be around. ( Even though we don't see that on screen).

Someone here called Shebeast a baby hoarder.  That caused me to imagine a storyline where Carly completely loses her shit and steals all the babies of PC.  Culm8nating ina standoff with all seven members of the PCPD.  Where Carly shrieks “Carly’s babies!”  Over and over again 7ntil she’s taken down.

We can always dream……

Edited by Suicidy
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

I was really miffed by Drew and Michael's treatment of Ned so I hope he goes scorched earth on them. He certainly has the DNA potential. Call your mother, Ned. I'm sure she could use a distraction. 

I'm glad they gave nuTrina some time with Ava but while I could see SM jumping in to the scheming, not so sure with this version. Otoh, TA is cute with Rory in a way that her predecessor probably wouldn't be. 

While I didn't like the double dose of Carly and Joss and then having to look at Michael's smug face on top of it, I have to admit the episode was classically soapy.  

• Love 3
On 5/9/2022 at 3:41 PM, Blackie said:

Hmm are they doing some sort of fake-out? The letter said "bio-dad" and Esme called Ryan "Daddy " didn't she, but it seemed more culty so maybe not the bio-dad.  Next thing we know is Mac will be the bio-Dad .🤣🤷‍♀️😝

Well, Esme said ‘daddy’ in an almost disturbingly porno way.  So maybe they’re going to ratchet up the creepy factor?

19 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

The writers don't like logic, therefore they never use it.

They also ignore how that stuff works.  There are tons of SEC rules regarding mergers and takeovers.  Valentin should never have been able to covertly take control of ELQ.  Just look at the controversy around SEC filings when Musk bought 9% of Twitter as a recent example.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, tessaray said:

I was really miffed by Drew and Michael's treatment of Ned so I hope he goes scorched earth on them. He certainly has the DNA potential. Call your mother, Ned. I'm sure she could use a distraction. 

While I certainly can buy Michael/Drew being dense, I’m assuming that this is being done to give Ned an excuse to team up with Valentin since w/o Scout’s shares, he needs a Q on his side. Michael and Drew have pretty much made it clear that Ned will have no decision making ability and the 2 of them are effectively in charge of everything. I’m sure he can negotiate a bigger role with Valentin and then he doesn’t have to also deal with his stake in ELQ being diluted through the merger with no real gain for him. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, ffwbe said:

While I certainly can buy Michael/Drew being dense, I’m assuming that this is being done to give Ned an excuse to team up with Valentin since w/o Scout’s shares, he needs a Q on his side. Michael and Drew have pretty much made it clear that Ned will have no decision making ability and the 2 of them are effectively in charge of everything. I’m sure he can negotiate a bigger role with Valentin and then he doesn’t have to also deal with his stake in ELQ being diluted through the merger with no real gain for him. 

Oh sure, I have no doubt you're right. But just for a minute I had hopes of all out war between Ned, Drew and Michael. Being the CEO of ELQ is personal for a Quartermaine.

• Love 2

I want them to kill off Drew.  I thought Cam (who I understand is good on other things) was going to work out after I saw his first few weeks.  But he hasn't.  He's not Drew and brings nothing to the table for this character.  Since it looks like something catastrophic happened behind the scenes with Billy Miller, and he'll never return,  just kill him off.  

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, CeChase said:

brings nothing to the table for this character

I think the writers bear the brunt of the blame here. I can see CamMat trying to give the character some layers, but he's on so infrequently and for so little time when he is that it's no wonder Drew is a nonentity. It's hard to build a character if you're not given screen time.

Maybe this nascent ELQ/Aurora story will give him something to do. I'd rather watch him with Michael than see him prop Carly. As if Carly's ego doesn't do that for her the way it is.

• Love 8