Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

I like the colors and pattern of Esmé's dress, but the style is terrible. It looks like something a 10-year-old would wear. And maybe not even a 10-year-old.

LOL at all the Veuve Clicquot Champagne bottles at a kid's birthday party. Poor Leo, no one his age is there. All the guests are adult family.

I was afraid Chase would have to sing "Hallelujah," so what he did sing was a relief.

1 minute ago, racked said:

was the whole Luke is dead in an accident , oh no maybe murdered storyline dropped? 

Jennifer Smith did get the blame, but I think the story is mostly on hold while Charles Shaughnessy recovers from surgery.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, racked said:

Speaking of this pattern, was the whole Luke is dead in an accident , oh no maybe murdered storyline dropped? 

I thought I read somewhere that Charles Shaugnessy had to have surgery (back maybe??) which is why the 'Luke was murdered/Valentin was drugged" storylines seem to have briefly stopped.  I dont' even rememer the last time Victor was on screen.  

8 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Olivia does wanna have his back)

Only when it's convenient for her.  when he was looking distracted and on his phone, she seemed annoyed that he might be dealing with business stuff.  then when he tells her he doesn't want it to distract, then she's all, 'hey I can listen'.  Pick a lane Olivia.  

13 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Oh, great, Linc is back.

someone remind me where we stand on that?  BLQ gave up her shares to Valentin in exchange for him getting Linc out of her life, but BLQ got the shares back didn't she?  So does she still owe Linc what she originally owed him?  Which would make no sense now since she can't sing anymore.  

14 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

but a couple of children would have looked better than none at all.

Especially those that he's related to, like Rocco, Danny and Scout.  

• Love 6
22 hours ago, Blackie said:

Did Ava say why she wasn't at the school fair thing to see Avery dance or was that going to be later.

Yeah that was weird.  But they didn’t show scout either and she supposedly had a painting on display. I guess it was really supposed to be about Leo, even Sonny said he was there to support Leo and barely mentioned Avery. I loved Leo’s converse sneaks with his suit. 

22 hours ago, Blackie said:

Stella truly did have a secret that it wasn't her place to tell - and she didn't, and I love how it was breaking her heart, and Curtis isn't being too much of a poop to her about it (especially when he realized that Mama Curtis knew too).

I liked those scenes. Curtis and Stella actors are both strong and I really want to be invested in this story, but like every other story it’s taking too damn long.

39 minutes ago, CharethCutestory said:

I want Ned to team up with Val to take down dumb and dumber, but I'm afraid no matter what he's going to be made the loser left out in the cold. 

Yes!  That is definitely what should happen, so of course it won’t. Also when Val asked Anna to dinner she’s a better woman than me because I would have cancelled every and any plan I had to make sure I was free, ha!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
46 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Everyone around KMo looks like Gulliver, which could be a reason they paired her with DZ

And also why DZ gets saddled with KMo instead of Dante and Britt maybe

BTW Sam the great PI strikes again, just clues in to go talk to her cousin/Esme's boyfriend. I hope Sam gave Carly the disclaimer (about how crappy she is

48 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I'd like $10K a week, btw.

Holy crap, just how big is his trust fund? And how is that going to help teach Spencer responsibility? she could have said 10 grand a month and that is still plenty to get an apartment

56 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Ava getting in Esme's face after she mentioned Avery and Kiki and telling her to keep their names out of her mouth, then raising an eyebrow at Esme's apology was so fun to watch! The day she finds out Esme is Ryan's daughter will probably be must-see soap. 

40 minutes ago, CharethCutestory said:

Maura went old school soap getting right up in Esme's face. I felt like I was back in the 90s for a second there! 

Ya that was awesome. I wonder when the "keep my daughters name out of your mouth " line was written. After a famous current event?.

3 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

I liked those scenes. Curtis and Stella actors are both strong and I really want to be invested in this story, but like every other story it’s taking too damn long.

I felt the same way, I was just about to ff, but the acting kept in the scenes but I don't care about the storyline

• Love 4
44 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Poor Leo, no one his age is there. All the guests are adult family.

He said yesterday that he already had a kid's party.

Esme is wearing retro prints from the 50's.   Unattractive then, unattractive now.   How is she supposed to seduce Nik wearing that? 

• LOL 7
8 minutes ago, Blackie said:

If you want to say that Dante is saddled with Sam, that's fine, but saying DZ is being saddled with KMo is a bit of a stretch, imo. I get that KMo is not well liked around these parts, but the actors (and I think all of them) seem to be friendly with each other and seem to get along fine. So I doubt he minds his pairing. 

I don't think they have the best chemistry, but they are more tolerable compared to other couples.

Britt stole the Rocco embryo and impregnated herself then called the baby Ben. That's something Dante has not gotten over just yet as far as the one scene I remember them having goes. And Britt is taller than Dante. The pairing would look weird.

In any case, Lulu will eventually wake up from her imposed slumber and we'll go right back to that.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Esme is wearing retro prints from the 50's.   Unattractive then, unattractive now.   How is she supposed to seduce Nik wearing that? 

Nothing like wearing a tent to make your man wanna throw you on top of the couch. 

I actually don't mind the dress all that much. That style was in around 2006-2010. DVF used to make a lot of those back in the day. I used to flirt a lot with her dresses and jackets.

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Jennifer Smith did get the blame, but I think the story is mostly on hold while Charles Shaughnessy recovers from surgery.

I wasn’t aware he was off for surgery, that makes sense. Still hard for me to believe that Luke is dead. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, YaddaYadda said:

Nothing like wearing a tent to make your man wanna throw you on top of the couch. 

I actually don't mind the dress all that much. That style was in around 2006-2010. DVF used to make a lot of those back in the day. I used to flirt a lot with her dresses and jackets.

At least she wasn't wearing those big white sneakers that look like sketcher's shape ups

I mentioned in an earlier post that she gives off a manson family brand of creepiness. The retro patterns and baby doll frocks add to that, imo. I can appreciate it if wardrobe is giving her a distinct style that goes along very well with a character that's trying to appear angelic but is in reality up to no good. 

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

If you want to say that Dante is saddled with Sam, that's fine, but saying DZ is being saddled with KMo is a bit of a stretch, imo. I get that KMo is not well liked around these parts, but the actors (and I think all of them) seem to be friendly with each other and seem to get along fine. So I doubt he minds his pairing. 

I don't think they have the best chemistry, but they are more tolerable compared to other couples.

Britt stole the Rocco embryo and impregnated herself then called the baby Ben. That's something Dante has not gotten over just yet as far as the one scene I remember them having goes. And Britt is taller than Dante. The pairing would look weird.

I guess I mean a bit of both. I don't think KMo is that great of an actress and I wish DZ had a better partner but if he is Ok being paired with her then good for him.  I forgot about all that Britt history lol! Too bad because I think their humour in scenes would be good together. But ya she is too tall for him, that is my point, there seems to be only Sam for Dante.

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, ciarra said:

He said yesterday that he already had a kid's party.

This is what happens when you doze through an episode. Two splashy parties? I'm sure Michael was taking notes so that his stupid son gets three or more.

42 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

And Britt is taller than Dante. The pairing would look weird.

I'm a six-foot woman who has dated shorter men. I never thought we looked weird.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
49 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Or a maternity dress.  Equally exciting. 

And Leo kind of mumbled about the other birthday party.

Edited by ciarra
9 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I'm a six-foot woman who has dated shorter men. I never thought we looked weird.

I find it weird, but I'm just wired that way. Although it must be said that I wish I anywhere above 5'7. 5'3 is just the pits.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I find it weird, but I'm just wired that way. Although it must be said that I wish I anywhere above 5'7. 5'3 is just the pits.

The world is made for tall people. At 5'2 the top shelf of the grocery store drives me nuts since the one thing I want is always there...just pushed back far enough I can maybe touch but not grab!😠

• Love 9

Ava told Trina something about it being Avery's day with her father. I don't understand why she can't be there for the dance other than they needed her at Wyndermere for those scenes.

1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

someone remind me where we stand on that?  BLQ gave up her shares to Valentin in exchange for him getting Linc out of her life, but BLQ got the shares back didn't she?  So does she still owe Linc what she originally owed him?  Which would make no sense now since she can't sing anymore.

I think that Valentin still has her shares.

It makes sense that Valentin doesn't want to walk away from ELQ, he's got a lot of money invested in the shares that he acquired to take over as CEO and he's a smart enough guy not to trust that Michael and Drew won't run ELQ into the ground if they get their hands on it.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

It was. But Brock's abusiveness did come out of nowhere, considering how they got together. I remember being pissed about it at the time, but I guess either Groh or the show, were done with him.

It definitely did come out of nowhere. But at least they gave Groh and his work the parting "gift" of killing Brock off with a tumor that was then explained as the cause of his getting violent toward the end.  

• Love 1

If Valentin still has close to a majority share, he could insist that he get paid an outrageous amount of money for those shares if the two dunderheads want him out. I'd bleed those two for everything I could. 

• Love 5

I wondered for a while if the weird wardrobe choices for Esme were because the charactered needed to appear younger than her real age - being Felicia’s daughter would make her 30 - but AP is only 20 so no dice and I’ll just call them  ugly.

Is it really impossible for her to be Ava’s? That in your face scene today rocked.

I really can’t stand Esme but AP was on Soap Digest podcast last month and she seemed so excited to be on and so lovely that I really want her to keep her gig.

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
35 minutes ago, RedRockRosie said:

The world is made for tall people. At 5'2 the top shelf of the grocery store drives me nuts since the one thing I want is always there...just pushed back far enough I can maybe touch but not grab!😠

Trust me, I know. I have to run around to find a clerk to help me out and they always find it funny. And don't even get me started on the way pants are tailored for women. Not all of us are made like Amazons, dipshits.

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Trust me, I know. I have to run around to find a clerk to help me out and they always find it funny. And don't even get me started on the way pants are tailored for women. Not all of us are made like Amazons, dipshits.

I am the average height for a woman (5' 5") and run into that problem all the time. What good comes from have shelving that high at a grocery? I feel that in home improvement stores, only extra stock is put in places that are way too high, not the stuff you need. 

• Love 4

Y’all are making my 4’10” self feel bad! Getting every single pair of pants (even petite) hemmed and always asking for help for the top shelf sucks but I have embraced my shortness. No crazy high heels for me! I’m short, and I like it! Haha!

Short girls unite! 🤣

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, Daisy said:

Not happy that Spencer told Sam but burned his relationship with Britt :(

Yeah, what?  I know some are happy the show remembered that Sam is a Cassadine and that got Spencer to open up, but I find it hard to believe he'd tell Sam - have they even had a scene since he's been SORASed? - over Britt.

In other news, shut up, Carly.

• Love 13
(edited)

Michael and Drew aside, I like seeing the business stuff being played up more. I've been hoping that the kinder, gentler Sonny (sort of) since he got back from being Smike is signaling a long awaited phase out of the mob. 

Edited by CharethCutestory
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, CharethCutestory said:

Michael and Drew aside, I like seeing the business stuff being played up more. I've been hoping that the kinder, gentler Sonny (sort of) since he got back from being Smike is signaling a long awaited phase out of the mob. 

me too. i just wish it was more.. realistic like it roughly was on AMC etc. like anytime there was a mention of a takeover, or breach of ethics, - the SEC was mentioned, board of directors etc etc. here it's like "let's of a business meeting in the living room." "Okay!"

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
48 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Yeah, what?  I know some are happy the show remembered that Sam is a Cassadine and that got Spencer to open up, but I find it hard to believe he'd tell Sam - have they even had a scene since he's been SORASed? - over Britt.

In other news, shut up, Carly.

The scenes felt contrived. They haven’t had a scene since NB was in the role.  Probably 2017. 

Edited by Hater
  • Love 1

I really enjoyed the song. I also laughed when Ned was told Chase was about to sing and he said, “Great. I’ll get my guitar.” He sounded so sarcastic I thought it was some sort of in-joke or something because he was Eddie Main. And then he did get his guitar. He and Chase sounded great together. Of course I can’t imagine a kid actually requesting that song, but I still enjoyed it. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

If Valentin still has close to a majority share, he could insist that he get paid an outrageous amount of money for those shares if the two dunderheads want him out. I'd bleed those two for everything I could.

If Drew and Michael have a majority of shares, they don't need to buy Valentin out, they could just outvote him. While I'm in favour of the two getting as much pain as possible, as majority shareholders, they don't need to buy his shares.

Did anyone else notice that DC and CM slipped today and said that they offered Ned the CEO position? Previously it was the COO role. If they had offered him CEO, there wouldn't be a question as to whether Ned would take it.

• Love 2

Of course Sonny is all dimples and hugs with Leo now ...after murdering his (bio) father. 

Carly wants to invest in ELQ. For the love of God, someone please call Tracy! 

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

Of course Sonny is all dimples and hugs with Leo now ...after murdering his (bio) father. 

Cyrus' men shot Julian full of bullets and he was already near death when the bridge collapsed.

Whatcha wearing, Carly?  A bathrobe from the spa? 

I'm surprised Carly didn't get to have her moment, where she tearfully reflects upon the place where her wedding reception to the Borg occurred. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 5/12/2022 at 10:12 AM, Bazinga said:

Then the DNA test comes back with a match and, somehow, someway, Nina is Michael's mother and not Carly (don't ask how that could happen).  Then Willow's DNA is tested and she too is a match with Nina.  Nina had triplets even though they are not the same age (don't ask how with that, either).  Michael, therefore, had sex with his own sisters, with Willow being forced to tearily testify that she indeed had sex with Michael (while married to Chase and on Wiley's birthday), and the sainted Wiley is used as evidence of Michael having sex with Nelle, so off to prison Michael goes on multiple counts of incest!!!!  Kristina Lansing-Davis can be the prosecuting attorney, as she is no longer related to Michael.  Then Willow dies from whatever fainting disease she has.  Epiphany could have saved her life, but some uncaring doctor we don't know stops her.  Michael, from his prison cell, sues the doctor for the made-up tort of second-hand malpractice.  Carly, Joss and Diane agree that Michael is in the right.  Cameron, after discussing the case with his grandfather, the lawyer, questions if Michael has a case.  Joss, upset that Cam is not supportive of her, breaks up with him.  Wiley ends up in the custody of Nina, his only grandmother, and we don't see him again until he graduates from medical school in six years because he is a genius and he has been SORASed.  Carly, since she is now down a child, gets baby fever and has another baby.  Drew is initially assumed to be the father, but it is really Sonny's because, you know, he's Sonny.  Carly fantasizes that the baby is really Jason's.  Years later, it will be determined that Victor, Cyrus and Peter (he is back from the dead, don't ask how on this one either, as it will never, ever be explained) teamed up to have Michael's DNA test faked (stop asking how) as vengeance against Sonny and Carly.  Nelle comes back from the dead, too, and sues Nina for custody of Wiley.  Carly is forced to side with Nina against Nelle.  Carly and Nina illogically become friends.  Meanwhile, Wiley is now dating SORASed Donna, who is again his aunt, so he and Donna are both imprisoned for incest.  That DA from Pennsylvania Michael bribed tries the case against Wiley and Donna as vengeance against Michael for making him look like a fool in the Nina "identity theft" trial.  Wiley and Donna were visiting Nixon Falls and had sex one time in his jurisdiction.  Somehow there is video that super hacker, fashion maven, Georgie Spinelli can remove from the whole internet but not in time.  Carly, Michael and Willow's ghost, will blame their visiting NF on Nina, because Nina filled Wiley's head with how romantic Nixon Falls was from her time there with Sonny.  Nina is again Carly's enemy.  And, it is all Carly's fault because she stole the wrong toothbrush but nobody will point that out.  This one act can be a storyline for years to come.

Don’t give them any ideas.  

• LOL 1
On 5/12/2022 at 6:45 PM, Artsda said:

Felicia and Mac with this baby nonsense. She's like 60 years old. I guess the baby could be a girl, Felicia. Since Ryan had the flashback. 

Drew was right to point out if Nina is crazy and Nelle crazy then year Wiley is crazy. 

Spencer was a rude ass to Britt who he went to for help. 

Not sure what to think of Elizabeth. I thought it was DID. 

Maybe they’ll bring back the vampires next?  Wasn’t Dark Shadows an ABC Show?  Maybe it could be an excuse to bring the Collins family to Port Charles.

Barnabas Collins versus Mooby.  Maybe Jason could come back as a zombie, but no one notices the difference.

• LOL 5
8 hours ago, Blackie said:

BTW Sam the great PI strikes again, just clues in to go talk to her cousin/Esme's boyfriend. I hope Sam gave Carly the disclaimer (about how crappy she is

Holy crap, just how big is his trust fund? And how is that going to help teach Spencer responsibility? she could have said 10 grand a month and that is still plenty to get an apartment

Ya that was awesome. I wonder when the "keep my daughters name out of your mouth " line was written. After a famous current event?.

I felt the same way, I was just about to ff, but the acting kept in the scenes but I don't care about the storyline

Esme should be afraid of Ava.  It wasn’t that long ago she was a mob boss all on her own who could push a button her just as easily as Mooby, and probably still has the connections to do so.

• Love 6
On 5/15/2022 at 10:33 PM, ByaNose said:

I was trying to come up with a first, middle or last name that a character has/had used but I couldn’t come witching connected to Elizabeth though. Maybe, it’s Terry but why would she torment Biz? Lucky? Unusual name but I doubt he terrorize Elizabeth either. I guess we’ll have to wait till the mediums visit which I actually was kind kind of into. Very Dark Shadows. LOL!!!!

Maybe they can have a seance where Liz changes places with someone from the 80’s or something.

On 5/16/2022 at 6:18 PM, Daisy said:

and now, that i have to think about this. (thanks, show) none of this makes sense. 

If they are merging the companies  - why isn't this Michael vs. Ned? is Michael stepping down of CEO of Aurora? He was CEO of ELQ.  I mean it would just be a bigger holding, but like whatever.  it's not like Michael works anyway.. 

And Ned isn't CEO now. so why is he pissy that he won't be CEO after. Why are you assuming if the family gets the company back they'll all automatically vote you back in as CEO? [i mean they will but still. again it just seems like to me. Ned would .... have more of a say as COO after the merger - than he has now.   So now they are all just dumbo. 

but - it means Valentin is going to make Dumbo and Dumber look event more dumbo and dumber so I am all in like Flynn, y'alli. 

As a way to ratchet up ratings, perhaps Val could introduce a secret partner backing him that will buy out both companies.  That partner could be the real Elon Musk okaying himself.  

8 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

This is what happens when you doze through an episode. Two splashy parties? I'm sure Michael was taking notes so that his stupid son gets three or more.

I remember when Dudley Moore dated Susan Anton.  Lucky guy.

11 hours ago, Blackie said:

BTW Is SB coming back, weirdly I have noticed on my TV guide description still mentions his name as one of the stars of the show.

I wouldn’t read too much into that. Those listings are notoriously slow to update. I remember Dylan Cash being listed long after Li’l Pumpkinhead was gone; hell, Drew Garrett may have started before they finally removed his name.

9 hours ago, CharethCutestory said:

I mentioned in an earlier post that she gives off a manson family brand of creepiness. The retro patterns and baby doll frocks add to that, imo. I can appreciate it if wardrobe is giving her a distinct style that goes along very well with a character that's trying to appear angelic but is in reality up to no good. 

The way she dresses and presents herself reminds me of Leanne, the nanny character on Servant. Also creepy, with a mysterious cult background. Maybe Esme is another refugee from Dawn of the Dead, or whatever that stupid thing was called. (Just kidding. We know Esme is devoted only to the Cult of Ryan.)

8 hours ago, RedRockRosie said:

Meh… just do like me, and climb up the shelves! You’ll either be able to grab it, or you’ll get an employee with lawsuit panic in their eyes running over double quick to grab it for you.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 5/16/2022 at 1:33 AM, ByaNose said:

I was trying to come up with a first, middle or last name that a character has/had used but I couldn’t come witching connected to Elizabeth though. Maybe, it’s Terry but why would she torment Biz? Lucky? Unusual name but I doubt he terrorize Elizabeth either. I guess we’ll have to wait till the mediums visit which I actually was kind kind of into. Very Dark Shadows. LOL!!!!

Finn doesn't go by his first name.  Lulu?  I remember she was mad at Liz one time for cheating on Lucky.  Spinelli?  No motive.  Maxie?  The time of that rivalry has long passed.  

6 hours ago, 30 Helens said:
15 hours ago, RedRockRosie said:

Meh… just do like me, and climb up the shelves! You’ll either be able to grab it, or you’ll get an employee with lawsuit panic in their eyes running over double quick to grab it for you.

5 feet tall here and I climb everything!  The supermarket is horrible. I’ve been climbing the shelves with tall people right there and no one even offers to help. Grrr.

Yes, the world is made for tall people. At least here in the States. The struggle is real!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, mostlylurking said:

5 feet tall here and I climb everything!  The supermarket is horrible. I’ve been climbing the shelves with tall people right there and no one even offers to help. Grrr.

Yes, the world is made for tall people. At least here in the States. The struggle is real!

i would help y'all. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
17 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

And don't even get me started on the way pants are tailored for women. Not all of us are made like Amazons, dipshits.

(Only) 5'9" here with long legs. And don't talk to me about pants. There have been many years when I considered myself lucky If I found one pair of pants that would be long enough -- usually after alterations.  Or long-sleeved blouses -- which I usually wear with the sleeves rolled up, since they usually didn't come to my wrists.  

Over all, I think we can agree that most clothes are designed for an "average" woman that doesn't really exist. (And that's probably why some of the [probably] low budge costume choices on GH are so unflattering to the women who have to wear them. 

But I have retrieved things off the top shelf for many people at the supermarket😉.

Edited by rur
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, Blackie said:

Is this phrase (bolded) a common thing now? I heard it first (and only time) during the "incident", but here it is again. It seems kind of awkward phrasing to me. Why not say, "don't you dare say my [fill in the blank] name!" 

For whatever reason, Ava is now clearly NOT on Team Esme. Hopefully Nik doesn't take issue with this. 

I hope that Sam is trustworthy with Spencer's secret/plan. Why he doesn't just drop Esme and tell her to go back to whatever country their school was in, is beyond me. But that's soap opera, I guess.

I was wondering how on earth did Esme get all those shoe boxes into that little roller bag? So, it was just the one with the secret correspondence and drugs? What was she planning to do about her clothes and the rest of the shoes if Nik called her bluff? 

It was also interesting that Esme is now wearing heels after weeks of wearing sneakers. 

(edited)
23 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

hope that Sam is trustworthy with Spencer's secret/plan. Why he doesn't just drop Esme and tell her to go back to whatever country their school was in, is beyond me. But that's soap opera, I guess.

He is planning to kick her to the curb. But first, he wants to expose her role in the sex tape in order to save Trina from the gallows. When he was rooting around in Esme’s stuff, he was looking for evidence. The nanny letters were just a bonus.

23 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

Is this phrase (bolded) a common thing now? I heard it first (and only time) during the "incident", but here it is again. 

It’s not new, but I don’t think it’s that common, either. That particular incident seems too recent to have made its way into a GH script already, but we know the writers do like to parrot, so…

Edited by 30 Helens
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

When he was rooting around in Esme’s stuff, he was looking for evidence. The nanny letters were just a bonus.

Here's hoping when Sam inevitably finds Maggie (per Spinelli pounding on his keyboard) she looks like Mary Poppins.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, Blackie said:

31 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

Is this phrase (bolded) a common thing now? I heard it first (and only time) during the "incident", but here it is again. It seems kind of awkward phrasing to me. Why not say, "don't you dare say my [fill in the blank] name!" 

That phrase has been around for a while.  I guess it depends on who you’re around or who you hang with on whether you’ve heard it before.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Daisy said:
3 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

i would help y'all. 

I always help. Gotta balance that karma!

• Love 2

Esme said that she will have someone come later for the rest of her clothes. 1. How does she had so many clothes and shoes if she has no money? 2. How does she have money to send someone for her stuff?

1 hour ago, KittyQ said:

Why he doesn't just drop Esme and tell her to go back to whatever country their school was in, is beyond me.

Spencer needs Esme there to prove Trina innocent. But also she's playing on his kindness, saying that she has no one else but him. And she was an emotional support to him in boaring school and helped him haunt Ava so maybe he feels he owes her somewhat.

18 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

I feel that in home improvement stores, only extra stock is put in places that are way too high, not the stuff you need. 

My daughter, who is 5'8", works in a Home Hardware that puts overstock on the top shelf. But she hates it when she has to get on a ladder to put it away. She tries to trade off with one of the guys and get them to do it while she does something else for them.

• Love 1