Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

I'm getting ready at Maxie yelling at BL over Bailey's kidnapping. Which she really doesn't deserve. But seriously, Peter would probably have shot and killed BL and Chase if they had been in his way. Or he would have monologued them to death.

Victor, you suck for putting this thing into motion.

The last time KH replaced KMo, Sam was also rushing to the hospital to see her man laid out in a bed. Last time it was Jason after his motorcycle accident or "accident" or whatever thing that did not kill him. Sam's storylines never change.

KW's acting will never not bother me. She sounds like someone out of the fifties with her deliveries. I'd say, oh great, Mac and Felicia, by extension, have a storyline. But I'm sure the writers will get us to Mac will live before he once again drops off the face of the earth.

How fast did Nina drive to get to the Haunted Star? Nina. Please, for the love of whatever, stop looking and sounding like you're in heat. And don't listen to Liesel.

Drew needs to stop counselling people on their marriage and start worrying about his programming now that the sociopath is on the loose.

Nothing like ending the episode with Peter creepily looking at Bailey. I hope his ass is gone for good. You have your daughter? Now go away.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
21 minutes ago, lala2 said:

know I should feel bad for Maxie but I just don't. I don't care that Peter kidnapped Bailey. I'm no Peter fan but I don't think he'll hurt the baby, and I still don't know why they gave Maxie a baby w/him. Is she gonna have one w/Austin too?!? LOL! If they let Peter get away w/her, it will be the story I wanted to see w/Nelle and Wiley. I was hoping Nelle would run off w/him! 

thanks for the thanks!

honestly this is what bothers me about this show. 

I'm supposed to care that peter is evil. Okay cool. that would work more if Maxie didn't hang out with mobsters and other criminals and routinely ask these people to murder people she doesn't like. like you are upset that Peter kidnapped Drew and murdered someone else (and theother list of horrible bad bad things he did) and then at the same time i'm supposed to route for the mobster and his mob moll's crappy marriage. WHO HAVE ALSO DONE EQUALLY WORSE THINGS.  

which is why this never works. You can't have the bad guys as the main leads of the show because when you do a Peter/Cyrus/JerryJax/ Mob War storyline is just makes no sense because 1/2 the cast are already in bed with bad people. and they think if they throw in "drugs" and "torture" it makes it worse when all it does is shines a light how stupid it is to have the main protagonists mobsers. 

Honestly. I think i would really want Louise to be kidnapped. (i was with you, I wanted Nelle to take Wiley). like. make it soapy. have her kidnapped and then don't have her on the show until she's 10-12-16 or so. 

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, PatsyandEddie said:

Peter can’t leave until Louise is home. Then he can be catapulted into the sun for all I care. 

Then he'll never leave because FV and the writers are hellbent on making this experience as miserable as they possibly can. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

"Carly knows how important this night is for me." OMG. Sonny doesn't ever listen to himself.

Dante, you really can't believe you let Peter escape? The transport to Pentonville was about as secure as using "password" for a password. What did you expect? This breast-beating is so dumb. I just can't when the stupidity is so apparent.

Why is Liesl pushing for Nina to get together with Sonny? Just because Nina wants it doesn't make it right. Oh, Liesl. Where is your bracing honesty now?

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

DZ and LH had more chemistry as Dante & Sam than he has with Kelly. I wish KM would leave the role (never happening, I know). The two times LH has played Sam, I have felt some confliction, some feeling for the character. When KM plays her, it's just nothing most of the time.

Drew continues to lose me.  The town therapist, but especially Carly's therapist. He has no edge.  Why is a man who was locked up, mind mapped, thought he was someone else for years, was almost molested as a kid this "fine and dandy?"  I can't stand his scenes since he came back from Greece.   He's completely boring, unphased, etc.  Should have stayed "dead."

KW is not a good actress.  

Edited by Hater
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, ciarra said:

Is anyone excited for the Maxie/Austin romance?  RoHo seems to have anti-chemistry with everyone.

Maxie shouldn't be stuck in a romance with him just because he's one of the few single males on the canvas. Not only that, but today I thought he looked every bit of his 53 years, making the age difference between Kristen and him even more apparent, especially since there didn't seem to be any real spark between them.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

Little BaileyLou is absolutely adorable.  And shocker of all shocks….Peter got away.  I’m stunned.  Ugh.  Maybe Valentin will now be released from his dad’s trunk.

I really like Kristina.  She was actually tearing up she was so sad for her dad!  This actress knows how to empathize.  Too bad that is was wasted on Sonny but hey, he’s her dad so she gets a pass.

Kristina Wagner definitely graduated from the 80’s soap opera school of dramatic overacting and she has not changed one bit in like 30 years.  Still overacting and enunciating.  For some reason though I still like her!

• Love 12
6 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Little BaileyLou is absolutely adorable.  And shocker of all shocks….Peter got away.  I’m stunned.

I know. No one saw that coming at all.

And him getting into the beach house without anyone even hearing noise when BL and Chase have been walking around with the baby monitor was just <insert eye roll and curse word of choice here>.

Peter is so smart! 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Kristina Wagner definitely graduated from the 80’s soap opera school of dramatic overacting and she has not changed one bit in like 30 years.  Still overacting and enunciating.  For some reason though I still like her!

I remember reading somewhere that she used to stutter as a child, and that she sometimes over-enunciates to avoid stuttering. Maybe since she hasn't been onscreen much lately, she's less comfortable speaking than when she was on all the time.

I'll grant that it makes her line delivery a little odd, but it doesn't bother me as much as LWB/Peter's OTT "We Julliard graduates were taught to speak a certain way" delivery.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8

Peter isn't going to physically harm the baby so if Maxie were smart she would have just strung him along first and then gotten him on tape. But this is the woman who didn't know which Korean was communist (she seriously said this a few years ago) so there you go.

I went out today with Mr Blackie and forgot to set the PVR. 

Mr. Blackie  " I can just tell you what is going to happen

me:"oh ya?"

Mr Blackie "well at least with Sonny"

me: "OK what is happening with Sonny today?"

Mr Blackie "He is having the same argument with his wife that he has been having for the last 6 months"

🤣 that from a very casual observer

I did catch the part right before the end today. Def saw the spark between Dante and SubSam. Maybe since the plan seems to be to foist Sam off on Drew , they could bring LH on as a new character for Dante.

I think RoHo is too old for KS so not into a Maxie Austin pairing,  

• LOL 6

How fast did Nina drive to get to the Haunted Star?

Right? It's so stupid and predictable. I just hate this story. Not because I give a rats arse about CarSon but because I am so tired of Nina blubbering about not wanting to break up Sonny's marriage. I'm sorry but yes she does. She does! I would like it so much more if she just damn well owned that!

And yes, I know Nina can't break up CarSon only they can do that but you know what I mean. Nina does want them to split up and she does want Sonny. So stop pretending and let's get on with this.

The other issue with this witless story is, the writers haven't really shown Sonny being all that torn between Carly and Nina. Like the Sam is suddenly torn between Dante and Drew. The writers tell us, rather than show us.

I don't think Sonny and Nina have much in the way of chemistry but neither do Sonny and Carly. I just wish the writers would pick a damn lane and move it along.

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, ulkis said:

But this is the woman who didn't know which Korean was communist (she seriously said this a few years ago)

I can't ding Maxie for this. I'm sure there are millions of Americans who don't know there are two Koreas, let alone one is communist and which one that is.

13 minutes ago, hypnotoad said:

Nina does want them to split up and she does want Sonny.

She's gotten a decent idea of the real Sonny since he and Carly started having problems: Why does she still want a relationship with this infant? She doesn't need his money or his power. She can't even say he's the best sex she's have had, since they haven't slept together. 

The show has done nothing to tell me why Nina is attracted to Sonny beyond she still sees Mike in him. But Sonny is not going to go back to being gentle bartender Mike. He's a mob boss, which no one has pointed out to her. Why does Nina want to get involved with that?

• Love 9
59 minutes ago, rur said:

I remember reading somewhere that she used to stutter as a child, and that she sometimes over-enunciates to avoid stuttering. Maybe since she hasn't been onscreen much lately, she's less comfortable speaking than when she was on all the time.

I'll grant that it makes her line delivery a little odd, but it doesn't bother me as much as LWB/Peter's OTT "We Julliard graduates were taught to speak a certain way" delivery.

This is true I had a boss at a former job who had a stuttering problem and he used to do this too.  It was effective because I forgot about his stuttering problem until I read this.

• Love 2

Even after this Bailey story is over, I still hope BLQ and Chase can keep her and they can raise her themselves. Once she goes to Maxie, she'll drop off thr face of the earth like her other children.

Though, i can totally see them giving Brook lynn and Chase their iwn baby storyline with Brook getting pregnant for real.

I think Austin works great with Britt. He seens to be at ease with her, but with Maxie, ita so forced. Truthfully the only men I liked with Maxie were Matt and Nathan. Matt because of the actors connection when they were Shawn and Belle from Days.

• Love 4
55 minutes ago, hypnotoad said:

The other issue with this witless story is, the writers haven't really shown Sonny being all that torn between Carly and Nina.

Most of the time he just looks like he has bad gas.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, Cheetara1986 said:

Even after this Bailey story is over, I still hope BLQ and Chase can keep her and they can raise her themselves. Once she goes to Maxie, she'll drop off thr face of the earth like her other children.

Though, i can totally see them giving Brook lynn and Chase their iwn baby storyline with Brook getting pregnant for real.

I think Austin works great with Britt. He seens to be at ease with her, but with Maxie, ita so forced. Truthfully the only men I liked with Maxie were Matt and Nathan. Matt because of the actors connection when they were Shawn and Belle from Days.

You know that’s going to happen.  They give the baby back, they’re going to “comfort” each other by falling into bed and making their own baby.  I’m already rolling my eyes and gagging.

• Love 2

I mean, honestly thank god Peter kidnapped Bailey-Lou.  At least it's forward motion to a story that keeps spinning its wheels.

I'll never not have rage blackouts at Carly appropriating Jason and Robin's bridge as her own.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

He's JasonExtraLite.

You hit the nail on the head with that!   As he was giving Carly his "sage" advice, I couldn't help but think if Burton hadn't left, he'd be in that scene, saying those lines.  

• Love 5

Why does she still want a relationship with this infant?

That's a great question. Honestly, I could ask the same of Carly. I don't really understand what Sonny's appeal is supposed to be. I mean I know that Carly likes him being a mob boss and all that entails but beyond that? I'm stumped. And Nina is just living in dreamland, hanging onto this idea of Mike who frankly wasn't all that interesting either but at least he wasn't a mobster.

Can we keep Lindsay Hartley?  She just brings an energy that is beleivable.  

I wish. Sadly it won't happen.

• Love 2

"Why does Sonny need help?" Gotta love Liesl going to the heart of the matter.  I'm glad that she's TeamNina but wanting the best for Nina should be keeping her from Sonny.

Was Carly really going to not show up at all after telling Sonny that he could have an hour with her on Friday? That seems pretty cruel. I hate it when the show makes me feel sympathetic to Sonny.

Is Valentin still in Victor's trunk? Inquiring minds want to know?

Now that Peter has kidnapped Louise, can we finally wrap this story up?

5 hours ago, Daisy said:

Drew is cheerleading this marriage.

Maybe Drew wants Carly back with Sonny because he suspects that i8f Carly becomes single, he's going to be her next target.

5 hours ago, Daisy said:

Kristina infodumps the Sonny stuff to Alexis (On the phone)

Kristina said "Mol" so I think it was Molly, which feels better than telling Alexis about her ex's marriage.

1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I'll never not have rage blackouts at Carly appropriating Jason and Robin's bridge as her own.

And Drew. Why does  he keep going there to meet up with Carly?

5 hours ago, PatsyandEddie said:

Peter can’t leave until Louise is home. Then he can be catapulted into the sun for all I care. 

I wish! He's long past his Best Before date.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Kristina said "Mol" so I think it was Molly, which feels better than telling Alexis about her ex's marriage.

that makes a bit more sense LOL. I got the MO right ;)

honestly. i do get that most people (if they had to choose) is team Carly here because Sonny is making this about himself - but

6 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Was Carly really going to not show up at all after telling Sonny that he could have an hour with her on Friday? That seems pretty cruel. I hate it when the show makes me feel sympathetic to Sonny.

this. 
Like she had to have known that sonny was going to plead his case and be romantic about it. and then after that hour to be fair we don't know what sonny would have done.. (and i mean i don't care). even if she went and didn't engage in anything at least she kept her word. but just not show up?

• Love 5
On 1/31/2022 at 11:56 AM, ciarra said:

She said they would "send for their bags", as if the cabin has valet services.  If the phone saves video to the cloud, she wouldn't need it back, but there would be the problem of it being left at the Corinthos cabin, where someone would eventually find it.

I found it fairly ridiculous that she could get an Uber out in the boonies, too.

You might be surprised where you can get a rideshare company to pick you up.  If the cabin is in the vicinity of a resort town it likely wouldn’t be a problem.  There’s a resort town in north Idaho not far from me where pick ups and drop offs to cabins like that are very common.  During the tourist season there no shortage of drivers,  fares are good and the tips tend to be generous.

• Love 1

We really need to keep Lindsay. She's so much better. She can actually emote.

Drew needs a job. If he's going to play therapist to the entire town then make him one.

Great job with your plan Maxie. Peter didn't figure out anything.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
On 1/31/2022 at 3:22 PM, RachelKM said:

I agree entirely except completely inverse.  Sonny is a toxic waste of any woman's energy and I wish they would finally #FreeCarly and end this Carson BS. 

Nina is a annoying, dishrag who only finds her backbone when she's being a BSC Bitch and completely in the wrong. Let her live at dysfunction junction with Sonny for a while. It would serve them both.

But if they aren't going to let Carly escape, then stop fucking teasing me. 

I disagree.  As awful as Carly amd Sonny are together, breaking them up means each will be paired with someone else.  Spreading their awfulness into TWO couples instead of being contained into one.

Be careful what you wish for.

On 2/1/2022 at 7:51 AM, Sake614 said:

Maybe the other kid was too freaked out by LiLo? LOL! She's a lot to handle on a good day.

I wouldn’t mind taking a crack at that.

• Love 1
On 1/31/2022 at 1:38 PM, Jma14 said:

I find it hard to believe these three freshman in college didn’t have to sit through lectures about drinking, recognizing when someone is dangerously drunk, and people trying to roofie you and your friends. They make them sound so stupid to service this plot. 

I don’t know how long Spencer and Esme have been together but he made it sound like years (she was there for him when Nik “died”). It’s hard to believe this is the first time her crazy has surfaced. 

I’m even more amazed that none of them have partied enough to even have the most basic idea of how alcohol effects each of them.  If I was with someone who got sick and passed out after ONE drink, a lot of red lights would be going off for me.  It isn’t normal.

• Love 7
On 1/31/2022 at 7:04 PM, Artsda said:

Esme didn't want to go home with Spencer, but where was she going to go. They showed her as having nowhere to live but with Spencer.

Spencer is pathetic caving to Esme.

Shouldn't college students know that you don't pass out to the point of no memory over half a drink? What's these guys studying?

Leo looks double the age but reading a book on ABCs and asking to play with Avery?

The kid who plays Leo is going to sprout, big time.  Did you see his feet?  He’s one good growth spurt form being at eye level to LiLoCi.

I did enjoy Liesl being all, "Bitch, seriously, you're still mad I kept you OUT OF JAIL?" to Nina because seriously.  She also flat-out said she doesn't care about what Sonny or Carly want, which makes me want to throw her a parade.

• Love 13
13 hours ago, Suicidy said:

I disagree.  As awful as Carly amd Sonny are together, breaking them up means each will be paired with someone else.  Spreading their awfulness into TWO couples instead of being contained into one.

Be careful what you wish for.

Whenever Carly is with someone else, say Jax, Sonny is still involved.  Limo sex after they dropped Michael off at the coma institution is just one example.

• Love 2

Is Drew homeless?  Why is he always in the woods waiting for Carly to walk onto that stupid bridge?   That scene was absolutely interminable.   At this point, I want someone to throw Maxie off that bridge and then burn it down.  

18 hours ago, Blackie said:

I think RoHo is too old for KS so not into a Maxie Austin pairing,  

Maybe Roger is too old for KS, but my real question is what does Austin see in Maxie?  She is always yelling at him, even after she just kissed him.  I'm surprised she shut up during the kiss.   I just don't buy them.  I guess Maxie is on my last nerve, which were already shredded by Carly.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

Honestly I hope Peter takes Louise away and disappears but since that probably won't be forever I'm all for him making Louise go away forever tbh. 

Maxie didn't need another kid especially with Peter of all people. 

I think it would be a better story if Louise was killed off and everyone has to deal with it. Maxie with her guilt of how she handled the whole thing as well as the other characters.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, CeChase said:

what does Austin see in Maxie?

I get him empathizing with Maxie over Louise (regardless of whether he knows the truth), but as a possible romantic partner? No idea. They don't know each other at all. The only thing they've talked about is Louise.

• Love 2

I think it’s hilarious that Maxie turned into one of those characters that they don’t know what to do with except keep saddling her with kids because even for a soap mom, she’s a terrible one. She’s never had custody of Georgie. The reasons for that were dumb but it’s been the status quo for close to a decade now and she lived across the country for years. James was an afterthought of a pregnancy to a dead husband and I can’t recall the last time we even saw him. They really thought this was the character who needed a third child, and with Peter of all people?

• Love 7

Shallow end: so happy to see KS is no longer wearing the super long fake eyelashes. I’m a sucker for men in suits, but RH’s hair and salt and pepper beard ruined the whole thing. 

They shot Mac over Peter’s ridiculous escape. We’ve just had the Luke funeral so I don’t think they’ll have him die, it’s probably just to make us hate Peter more. If they force Maxie to go back to him as a hostage, I will take a long break away from this train wreck.

How depressing is it to watch a self-sufficient woman like Nina go crawl to a man  at the place where he’s organized a whole event to woo another woman. And using Liesl to boot. Yuck. Yuck. Yuck.

Edited by Desperado
Forgot something.
  • Love 5
On 12/30/2021 at 11:07 AM, GHScorpiosRule said:

I gotta find some happiness among this DRECK.

There have been some good Robert and Anna moments here and there. Also, how could you not get a good laugh at Carly burning with jealousy when she confronted Nina about what really happened between her and "Mike" in NF, and Nina told her the truth. 

Plus Carly can't go running into Jason's arms for comfort now, which makes me grin.

On 2/4/2022 at 3:59 PM, dubbel zout said:

"Carly knows how important this night is for me." OMG. Sonny doesn't ever listen to himself.

Why is Liesl pushing for Nina to get together with Sonny? Just because Nina wants it doesn't make it right. Oh, Liesl. Where is your bracing honesty now?

A) Neither does Carly. They are each completely self-centered.

B) Liesl also pushed Britt regarding Jason, knowing Jason could not be a good long-term partner for Britt.
But this is also the woman who has shown the only reason she "changed" is because she was heartbroken that Faison shot and killed Nathan. She has never taken responsibility for the fact that ultimately, her enabling of Faison has a lot to do with Nathan's death. Nor has she ever flat out given Robin's family a heartfelt apology for what she did to Robin as Faison's accomplice.  The line from years ago that "Robin came back; Nathan never will"  is NOT an apology!!   And she' still shows hostility toward Anna and Robert. Lady, they owe you NOTHING!!!

23 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

I really like Kristina.  She was actually tearing up she was so sad for her dad!  This actress knows how to empathize.  Too bad that is was wasted on Sonny but hey, he’s her dad so she gets a pass.

I agree LA was great in those scenes.  This also shows the softer, gentler post-NF Sonny can connect well with /good for his daughters,  whereas Carly and Michael want the bloodthirsty version of Sonny who is vengeful against those who have wronged either one of them. They, especially Carly, have no use for this version of Sonny. 

Carly wanted both Jason and Sonny entirely in love with/devoted to her alone. She clearly doesn't really want her marriage, and she can't turn to Jason now, so she doesn't know what to do.

21 hours ago, superdeluxe said:

Drew is so unnecessary.  There really is no point to him.

Victor and Peter's conversation touched on Drew's brainwashing. So I don't think that storyline has wrapped up yet. It was paused while Peter was in the hospital.  He can be involved in different storylines after that.  I like his scenes with Scout and lately, Ned.

18 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Maybe Drew wants Carly back with Sonny because he suspects that i8f Carly becomes single, he's going to be her next target.

And Drew. Why does  he keep going there to meet up with Carly?

A) Smart man!!!

B) I also thought Kristina said "Mom." Al

C) He said he was thinking about Oscar. I assumed he went to the bridge to remember Oscar because that where Oscar and Josslyn put their "lock of love" (School locker lock?)  He ran into Carly, again. I call total b.s. on her "Josslyn and I miss him" comment.

ETA: I don't like Drew being around Carly and Sonny, but I get it. The man was a Navy SEAL; he feels like Jason played a big part in his escape. Jason was Monica's son too and unfortunately meant a lot to a bunch of people Drew knows,  so Jason presumed dead means Drew feels guilty.  In the armed services, it's "no man left behind" and they feel a sense of duty in taking care of the families of the fallen. In this case. Jason wasn't a service member, but that fact doesn't make the feeling any less real for Drew.

18 hours ago, Artsda said:

Drew needs a job. If he's going to play therapist to the entire town then make him one.

I would LOVE to see Drew take Aurora, the company he started for his kids, back from Michael. I was super annoyed when Michael was talking about Wiley and Drew said "don't forget Scout." Yes, asshole, ELQ is supposed to be Wiley's future. When Sam asked you to take over Aurora, she specifically said until Scout was old enough to take on her late father's company!!

I thought LH Sam's tears were supposed to indicate she feels guilty for possibly having feelings for her ex-husband (since he's a genuinely good man and his behavior with the kids is what she wanted from Jason!!) when she's with Dante and sees he's been hurt in the line of duty. 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 4
48 minutes ago, Desperado said:

They shot Mac over Peter’s ridiculous escape. We’ve just had the Luke funeral so I don’t think they’ll have him die, it’s probably just to make us hate Peter more.

I thought they were eventually going to re-hab LWB's character.  The retconned killing the baby nurse, retconned Drew's plane crash.  All they needed was Franco to return without a scratch.  Now Peetah has killed a transport guard, shot Mac and stolen a baby.

They're either going to have to go with Helena mind control, or bring back LWB as a new character.  Because we're.never.getting.rid.of.him.

On 2/4/2022 at 5:19 PM, superdeluxe said:

Drew is so unnecessary.  There really is no point to him.

It’s frustrating, because I really liked him when he first appeared. (In Matheson form— which is saying something, because I was a big fan of the Miller version.) But the Wandering Sage act is getting sooo old. Especially since he’s been so lazily slotted into the Carly confidante role that Jason previously occupied. (Although, on a positive note, it’s good to see Carly discuss her marital problems with someone other than her children. That’s so gross.)

Please, writers, give Drew something to do! (Excluding Sam.)

22 hours ago, hypnotoad said:

That's a great question. Honestly, I could ask the same of Carly. I don't really understand what Sonny's appeal is supposed to be. 

It’s his dimples, of course! That’s well documented. Also his special sauce.

(I’m referring to the pasta sauce, obviously. What did you think I meant?)

21 hours ago, statsgirl said:

She was planning to show up for a talk, but then she found out he was planning a spectacle. She told him that would be uncomfortable for her, and he continued to make it all about him and what he wants. So she wavered about going, which I don’t find cruel. She doesn’t have to give in to Sonny’s neediest fantasies.

But of course, Carly is going to show up anyway, just in time to find him being comforted by Nina. Who would probably love to jump into the fantasy wedding scenario, because she has no self respect.

• Love 3