Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, Daisy said:

honestly Portia, as long as you are okay with Joss and her mob moll mom and mobster stepfather, you just shut up in regards to Spencer + Nikolas.

It actually would be entirely reasonable for Portia to be wary of the Cassadine craziness (I wonder if she and former sister-in-law Gia ever talked about the latter's experience with them over drinks b/c that would be hilarious, and why am I so into offscreen Gia these days?), but the Corinthos Exception Clause makes her (and the many, many other characters that have been in a similar position over the years) look hypocritical to the point of absurdity.

(Can I get more parenthetical in this post? I think I can!)

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, IDFfm0870 said:

All in all an entertaining episode, and no Minny in the previews.

BTW I got censored on SOC for calling Minny Minny, because nick name ...
and I am a little proud of that lol. 

Do you mean Ninny for Sonny and Nina? Lol I get on there every now and then, and noticed they posted about some of the nicknames you cannot use. It's "baiting". Lol give me a freaking break. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Knowing Sonny’s penchant for targeting young men who are adrift and seeking purpose, I wondered if his talk with Spencer was step one of a grooming process. After all, there may be a vaccine-related job opening to fill soon…

It makes me feel weird and kind of icky to say it, but I am really enjoying the slow burn of Sonny and Nina’s relationship. Does this mean I’m going to hell? (Or Nixon Falls; same thing.)

• Useful 2
  • Love 9

So, Peter was 'killed' during May sweeps, and here we are, halfway through November sweeps and he's still not dead, or captured. 

Come on, show!

The pacing for this Greece story is really off. We go days without seeing the story. They're not building any suspense, and they have to keep pulling plot points out of hats so Peter can keep escaping. 

They even had Anna say, at the risk of repeating myself, we have to stop Peter. They can't even hide the fact that this is all plo point writing. 

• Love 5

I loved the tiger picture at the exhibit, it was actually a bit distracting.

What was up with Spencer wearing a hoodie at the gallery?  Does he think he has to ‘dress poor’?

Marshall taking an hour to tell us something we already know 😴 💤 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
57 minutes ago, Kiki777 said:

What was up with Spencer wearing a hoodie at the gallery?  Does he think he has to ‘dress poor’?

Yeah and the chip stains and grease
Will come out in the bath

from the song Common People

• Love 2
2 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

The pacing for this Greece story is really off. We go days without seeing the story. They're not building any suspense, and they have to keep pulling plot points out of hats so Peter can keep escaping. 

They even had Anna say, at the risk of repeating myself, we have to stop Peter. They can't even hide the fact that this is all plo point writing.

This is driving me crazy! Not only do we get the story only 1-2 days a week, but Anna and Robert went back to Port Charles to putz around. I mean, I get Anna going back to be with Valentine, but why did Robert come back for a 5 minute side story with Olivia? Also, I like Spencer, but I feel like we get a daily briefing of how poor he now is, instead of just getting to the point of this Greece storyline and letting Drew shoot Peter already!

• Love 10
17 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

That's funny! Someone asked him on Twitter today if he was fluent IRL and he said not really, but that he kissed that way, LOL.  

This just makes me love him even more. 

17 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Did anyone fail to guess that Hat Man is Curtis' father? Worst kept reveal in the world., but kudos for casting someone who looks like he could be Curtis' father. 

I was thinking the same thing. They do look like they could be related. When Curtis gets older he could look like Hat Man.

I’m interested in this story because I like Curtis. He’s everyone’s friend, but I’d like him to have his own story. Now let’s see how much screen time this story gets. 

17 hours ago, drtslim said:

Nikolas did put on that Dollar Store Scream mask on and terrorize the kids at the party.  And a lot of Spencer's acting out was in response to Nikolas' actions.

I understand Portia’s shade at Nik and especially Spencer but like others have said it’s hypocritical since she’s totally fine with the Corinthos clan. I also think she’s jealous of Trina’s relationship with Ava. Whatever happened to her saying she and Ava should go get drinks sometime??  The writing is inconsistent with everyone these days but it’s especially bad with Portia. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, mostlylurking said:

I’d like [Curtis] to have his own story

Same; I just wish isn't wasn't yet another long-lost-parent-returns story. The show doesn't mix things up at all, it just crosses the names off the script and recycles them. Zzzz.

• Love 6

Olivia - i don't like you shut up. (Why wouldn't Ned buy books for his kid?

I think they are making the Sasha/Brando Baby a tock. 

I'm so over Gladys. honestly at this point, especially because BLQ was willing to end the charade to give maxie the baby only , just tell valentine. let him be mad, but because it features Peter he'll understand. then be mad at BLQ for lying in general but like quite frankly. Val, as you aren't La Kane, you NEED D-N-A since you don't have K-A-N-E. And again. this is so stupid. One scene "I want controlling interest in Deception." three scenes later "I HAVE TO TELL VALENTINE". quite frankly why do you think valentine is going to give you gobs of stuff?

this stupid heel turn of Trina loves Cam thing from Esme needs to end it's annoying. 

these threats are so dumb. 
Peter: you'll get Maxie or die trying. (Drew looks scared). Just tell Peter to kill you, since you asked Jason to do it vs being under control. Call his bluff. If he kills you how is he going to do his crap? 

someone just take a gun and shoot peter. What are the people that peter no longer can pay do? 

again this storyline is the stupidest thing ever. Peter does evil things, gets caught, Maxie chews his ass out and says that he's too criminal for her. So instead of taking the high road and redeem himself  Peter's big plan is to double down being criminal, take everyone Maxie cares about and then brain wash her to be with him. And deep down he'll know that it means. nothing because she's not w/him out of choice. Hell. Days of Our Lives had Ben (a serial killer) go to jail, go to therapy, and completely redeemed himself. If they want Peter so badly on this show, at least make it believable. 

Ohhh. Britt got one of the mind control cards! (I can't remember if it's the one that activates Drew or the one deactivates him). Jason has it. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Hell. Days of Our Lives had Ben (a serial killer) go to jail, go to therapy, and completely redeemed himself. If they want Peter so badly on this show, at least make it believable. 

To be fair, Ben still sucks, and he's only redeemed because every character is tripping over themselves to prop him (including a guy he murdered!!!) The key to his success was having chemistry with Ciara, and building a huge fanbase off that. Peter, on the other hand sucks, and everybody (audience and characters included) hates him.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

To be fair, Ben still sucks, and he's only redeemed because every character is tripping over themselves to prop him (including a guy he murdered!!!) The key to his success was having chemistry with Ciara, and building a huge fanbase off that. Peter, on the other hand sucks, and everybody (audience and characters included) hates him.

but that's not really the point though. (to be fair i don't really watch days other than some clips so if he sucks, he sucks LOL). but the point still remains. If they want peter on the show. why are they doubling down on this over the top "I'm so EVUL, DAHLING!" crap. just redeem him. We won't have to like him but at least he'll make a modicum more sense.

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, Daisy said:

It's possible and I think that Gladys will blame BLQ for it since she was the last one to open that close that door.

That's exactly how you get someone to love you and stay with you, Peter, by giving them a lobotomy. Some of his line delivery has been good, but I cannot express just how much I loathe this fucking character. Let him die already.

It looks like Jason is set to blow up with the compound.

Esme is irredeemably stupid. I had such high hopes for you, girl, but forget you! Nobody will ever buy that Trina and Cam are cozying up to one another. Lesson #1 from the sociopath handbook. Know your audience. 

Another storyline that I can't with is this denial that surrounds Leo. And please, just let Olivia and Ned divorce. She doesn't love you like that anymore, Ned. There is nothing to fight for. 

I see that Sonny is back tomorrow, dispensing words of wisdom to Alexis. How good of him! We all missed our resident Yoda. And Carly, ahead of tomorrow's episode, just heading off whatever convo you're about to have with Phyllis, do have a tall glass of STFU. Thx!

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
11 minutes ago, Daisy said:

but that's not really the point though. (to be fair i don't really watch days other than some clips so if he sucks, he sucks LOL). but the point still remains. If they want peter on the show. why are they doubling down on this over the top "I'm so EVUL, DAHLING!" crap. just redeem him. We won't have to like him but at least he'll make a modicum more sense.

I don't think they see Peter as a viable character, which is why they're giving him mustache-twirling levels of villainy. I think we're supposed to see him as a fun (unkillable) soap villain like Faison, Helena, or Ryan. They tried to redeem him via his relationship with Maxie, but it just didn't work. The problem is, the character doesn't work as a hero or a villain. They need to stop dragging their feet and just can him already. 

• Love 6

"Robert, let's end this once and for all:  Yes, for god's sake yes!  I couldn't figure out why Drew didn't jump Peter when Peter turned his back to him.   So what if there was a thug at the door, Drew was willing to lose his life to stop Drew from using, this was the perfect time to get rid of Peter once and for all.

I liked the photos, even if it was a PSA. I would have liked to see them in their habitats though, instead of always with a black background.

45 minutes ago, Daisy said:

tI hink they are making the Sasha/Brando Baby a tock. 

And the blame will go to Esme for locking her in, and Gladys for some reason. Honestly, Im so over Gladys because she's really down the rabbit hole of stupidity. How can Brook Lynn, who is only an employee of Deception, make Gladys the main shareholder?

Brook Lynn needs to come clean to Valentin now. yes, he'll be angry but he will understand the need to protect Louise from Peter.

3 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Esme is irredeemably stupid.

I could accept that in one character but the problem is that Gladys is too. And Peter is just OTT insane (nice acting by LWB's boyfriend there).  One absurd character can be accepted, three is ridiculous.

• Love 4

What's the point of Anna going back to Cassadine Island if she's not going to put a bullet into Peter? This entire story is so dumb. It's going nowhere slowly.

I love that Ava is letting Trina take the main kudos for the exhibition.

I really wish Gladys were meddling with Carly, not the Deception group.

3 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Brook Lynn needs to come clean to Valentin now. yes, he'll be angry but he will understand the need to protect Louise from Peter.

I agree. It's only going to get worse the longer this goes on.

10 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I see that Sonny is back tomorrow, dispensing words of wisdom to Alexis.

Sonny Corinthos, life coach. Who needs the mob?

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, statsgirl said:
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

tI hink they are making the Sasha/Brando Baby a tock. 

And the blame will go to Esme for locking her in, and Gladys for some reason.

I think they (Gladys) will blame Brooklyn, since she slammed the door.

Gladys is a strange one.  After she got shot she showed some humility.  She’s has some moments of seemingly genuine concern about Sasha and the baby.  She’s not a total idiot, using her phone to help her take meeting minutes and all. I guess you’re supposed to announce to  people when they are being recorded but come on, the phone was right there on the table she wasn’t exactly hiding it.  I’m pretty conflicted about her.  I like the actress.

I enjoyed the photos and hearing a little about the photographer.  It was all pretty interesting.

15 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Yes to this.  Of course he will be angry/hurt/all the feelings, but he will understand.

• Love 4

Favorite moment yesterday Anna and Valentin. She said something about the needle she jabbed in thug's arm and Val smiling said something about her being diabolical and fiendish (something like that).

Without missing a beat, she smiled back and called him a flirt.

I love their chemistry and timing together!

I too liked them using the gallery for this Nat Geo thing.

I love when soaps incorporate cool stuff like this.

Thought nurse's ball was November this year? Table for one in loving the nurse's ball!

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

Really?  I was thinking Gladys will have to deliver the baby, giving her an AHA moment and turn her around from the blackmailer that she is.  I will refuse to believe that none of the 2345 people who are in the very next room won't hear a woman, screaming in labour, allowing the child to die.  

1 hour ago, Daisy said:

(I can't remember if it's the one that activates Drew or the one deactivates him). Jason has it. 

It's the one that deactivates him.  Not sure what good it does having Jason have it, since he's tied up in the barn, instead of with Liesl or Britt, who Peter is going to keep on a short leash with him.  

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

It's the one that deactivates him.  Not sure what good it does having Jason have it, since he's tied up in the barn, instead of with Liesl or Britt, who Peter is going to keep on a short leash with him.  

thanks. - and its so Jason can save the day. naturally.  lol

3 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Really?  I was thinking Gladys will have to deliver the baby, giving her an AHA moment and turn her around from the blackmailer that she is.  I will refuse to believe that none of the 2345 people who are in the very next room won't hear a woman, screaming in labour, allowing the child to die

i'm thinking stillborn or something. and honestly i think it would be a better storyline having Brando/Sasha (and Gladys for the most part) deal with the grief of losing a baby and re-evaluating everything (since they got together because of the baby) vs having another Corinthos kid on the show. (i just feel w/all the twinges, and bed rest she needed (well i know the bed rest was her actually having the baby in real life). they are heading towards that). 

40 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

(and everyone else who commented like this) - I'm seriously wondering if the only reason why she hasn't (same w/confessing to Chase) is out of loyalty to Maxie + that Peter is still out there.  I mean that's honestly the only thing I can imagine why she hasn't said anything because Brooklyn was willing to give up the charade and give up the shares she had back to Valentine the several times she asked Maxie if she wanted BaileyLou back. Maxie said no, and truth be told, I don't know who keeps saying "No we can't tell anyone" but I feel it's more on maxie's end. (and thus, BLQ doubles down on it). 

But that's where it gets so stupid because NO ONE LIKES PETER.. Valentine will be pissed at the original deception and make BLQ pay for that but he'll understand about using Louise as his baby. if Gladys knew the situation (not saying they should spill to her) she's not that opportunistic that she'd put a baby's life in danger. Chase would still wanna protect Maxie and Louise. so keeping this a secret especially now that they are all running around stressing out about it  makes no sense anymore. No one would let it slip to Peter. (esp. now after that hostage video). 

59 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Esme is irredeemably stupid. I had such high hopes for you, girl, but forget you! Nobody will ever buy that Trina and Cam are cozying up to one another. Lesson #1 from the sociopath handbook. Know your audience. 

Esme is losing so many points with me. Like what is the game here? Spencer isn't buying it, she's pissing off Cam (who was relatively on her side out of the three) and Trina never had time for you anyway. Why is she pushing this? the other stuff she did, i understood her end game. Old Esme (all of 2 months anyway) would see how pissed off it was making everyone and change her tactics already. 

(and again. the show is dumb. whatever her end game is just show it already but i'm already not even caring about her + ryan and I don't know why they'd even go there. just do Esme + Cam and Trina and Spencer, and Joss is the cheese that stands alone. chop chop). 

Also Also: I agree the Photoarc is amazing. but i would have loved to see them in their natural habitat vs. the black/white backgrounds. I think it would have been more.. impactful. Save the animals and their habitats. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
16 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Do you mean Ninny for Sonny and Nina? Lol I get on there every now and then, and noticed they posted about some of the nicknames you cannot use. It's "baiting". Lol give me a freaking break. 

Minny is my nick for Sonny's progression from Mike and then back to Sonny. Actually I feel the nick even makes sense, as the current softer spirited Sonny is a mini Sonny to me.

I did not really know the nick name rules on SOC, so I was a little surprised when I was censored. I am so used to call Sonny Minny, Esme Assme etc. over here. And I usually only use nicks that make kind of sense to me in imo character context.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, IDFfm0870 said:

Minny is my nick for Sonny's progression from Mike and then back to Sonny. Actually I feel the nick even makes sense, as the current softer spirited Sonny is a mini Sonny to me.

I did not really know the nick name rules on SOC, so I was a little surprised when I was censored. I am so used to call Sonny Minny, Esme Assme etc. over here. And I usually only use nicks that make kind of sense to me in imo character context.

Oh I see. Maybe they thought that's what you were trying to say, so that's why. Idk or they just find that insulting to Sonny and trying to "bait" others that like him. You can't use The Unholy Trio for Sonny, Carly, and Jason, and you can't use Mildew for Michael and Willow. They just posted that back in August. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
59 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Gladys is a strange one.  After she got shot she showed some humility.  She’s has some moments of seemingly genuine concern about Sasha and the baby.  She’s not a total idiot, using her phone to help her take meeting minutes and all. I guess you’re supposed to announce to  people when they are being recorded but come on, the phone was right there on the table she wasn’t exactly hiding it.  I’m pretty conflicted about her.  I like the actress.

I think overall she is a good character, and since she prob won't be a Grandma they can get her involved in other storylines like driving Carly bananas. 

44 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

I will refuse to believe that none of the 2345 people who are in the very next room won't hear a woman, screaming in labour, allowing the child to die.  

Everyone is going to be running around looking for Leo but for some stupid reason they won't look in that store room.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Everyone is going to be running around looking for Leo but for some stupid reason they won't look in that store room.

Unless they all physically leave the building, someone should hear her.  Also Brando knows she just went to the bathroom, so why wouldn't he head back there to look for her.  Unless they tell us something stupid like the storage room is sound proof at which point, Ima hafta to hurt someone.  

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Oh I see. Maybe they thought that's what you were trying to say, so that's why. Idk or they just find that insulting to Sonny and trying to "bait" others that like him. You can't use The Unholy Trio for Sonny, Carly, and Jason, and you can't use Mildew for Michael and Willow. They just posted that back in August. 

I do know now, thanks ;)

Still I do not really get the point. Actor bashing is something I am totally against, but no nick names for fictional characters? I do not get the problem.

• Love 1

It has never bothered me what ppl have posted about characters I like. I'm not sure why some ppl care. Mildew is the BEST nickname for Michael/Willow. It fits them perfectly!

On Mediadomain - a defunct soap message board - people came up w/the best nicknames for characters. Scummy for Sonny. Toad for Todd on OLTL. Bozo or Bo on OLTL. Snarly for Carly. LOL! Those were good times. No one got upset. It was all in good fun.

I post on Soap Central, but I can be more honest about my feelings re: the show and the actors on this board. For instance, I don't think it's actor bashing to say someone cannot act. It's not like I'm tweeting the actor! Plus, it's just an opinion, but you cannot say that over there. 

Edited by lala2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
44 minutes ago, IDFfm0870 said:

I do not get the problem.

I kind of do. I mean, not this, specifically, b/c I don't post on whatever board you're talking about, so this has nothing to do with you @IDFfm0870, and is just my own experience; but I've seen discussions devolve into a "clever nickname" contest, where everyone is trying to outdo each other and themselves, and it just becomes forced and unfunny, and many posts effectively turn into gibberish. Having to run every statement through a mental translation filter gets old really quick when you just want to talk about a silly TV show.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
12 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

It makes me feel weird and kind of icky to say it, but I am really enjoying the slow burn of Sonny and Nina’s relationship. Does this mean I’m going to hell? (Or Nixon Falls; same thing.)

If you are, I’m right there with you.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

. (i just feel w/all the twinges, and bed rest she needed (well i know the bed rest was her actually having the baby in real life). they are heading towards that). 

It confirmed it for me when Brando looked at the e-mail and looked so happy. Definitely a tok. I realized even though I really don’t care about the characters, I don’t want their baby to die 

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I do, if only because the show doesn't need another baby. 

Yes, but look at it this way, if the baby lives,we never hear anything about it. It goes the way of Donna and James,, etc.. If there is a "tragedy" and the baby dies, then we have a stupid story line of Sonny's man-pain, because it was a Corinthos. Or something equally as inane.  

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Liddy52 said:

Yes, but look at it this way, if the baby lives,we never hear anything about it. It goes the way of Donna and James,, etc.. If there is a "tragedy" and the baby dies, then we have a stupid story line of Sonny's man-pain, because it was a Corinthos. Or something equally as inane.  

Exactly. Let them live off screen with their baby 

• Love 3

Today's gallery event was the first time in a long time (and I'm talking even before Covid) where the space actually felt occupied by a logical number of guests. I wonder if, because the photographer was real and the cause is nonprofit, he was allowed to bring friends? Or maybe they were even IRL donors who got screentime for their contribution?

• Useful 5

honestly, i still vote for dead baby. (that sounds so wrong. but y'all know what i mean). i just think the storyline possibilities are there. again. i don't trust the writers but Sasha didn't think she wanted to be a mother. She's pregnant by someone she had an ONS with. they decide to get closer, move in together, and they are doing this because of this baby. They still really don't know that much about each other

We don't really need to see "Sasha learns how to be a mom." because we just got that with BLQ - even though it's not her kid. We don't need a post partum - because sort of in a way we got that in reverse with Maxie (she kinda going crazy but because she can't be w/her baby). we've done a baby switch in the last year and a bit. we've had a healthy baby born x2 (Donna and Louise). Even storyline wise having this baby be a corinthos just ties their hands down the road later because again it's related to 98% of the cast.

so we have everyone being excited but the baby is stillborn. it doesn't even have to be that complicated or lie "oh if i wasnt in the storeroom i coulda been there in time" and now we have to deal with the baby grief, but more importantly what do Sasha and Brando want to do now.  I just think the storybeats are strong w/dead baby storyline than it is with brand new baby "let's see you adjust!" storyline. 

either way Sonny's butt will be involved so i'd rather go w/the good story notes than having another baby on the show. 

I enjoyed Sasha way back when, in her storyline with Nina, and I still do whenever those two have a rare scene together. But that's about it for me.

I used to enjoy Brando when he first appeared in early 2020, fine actor when given the right material, and def nice to look at.

Unfortunately the pairing of those two characters does nothing for me. Especially Brando has become a big (occasionally stripping) bore. The only interesting part here is annoying Gladys. Good actress, terrible character.

I am still waiting for some sort of interesting developent here, but so far nothing.

I do not feel the need for the baby to die, as it would give the couple some sort of importance that simply is not there otherwise. Let them have the child and then move away for good. Or give them some sort of interesting story, anything.

• Love 1

I was really rooting for Sasha and Brando as a couple particularly as they were expecting this unexpected baby. I still like him but she’s become this simpering, cutesy, pregnant girl. Time to grow up, Sasha and act like a grown woman who’s becoming a mother. 

59 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

I was really rooting for Sasha and Brando as a couple particularly as they were expecting this unexpected baby. I still like him but she’s become this simpering, cutesy, pregnant girl. Time to grow up, Sasha and act like a grown woman who’s becoming a mother. 

I think there’s too many younger characters and couples dealing with baby SLs already. We have Maxie and Brook Lynn dealing with the baby switch, which I suspect will be extended and will probably pull Chase in. Then you have Millow whose whole existence is Wiley.

Brando and Sasha are overkill and they’ve had an especially drama-free pregnancy. They were 2 single, childless, young adults who barely knew each other, got pregnant via a ONS but were immediately ok with it and want to build a life together. Their big angst has been an annoying mom. Brando immediately decided not to stay involved with the mob and that had no repercussions. 

Not to mention that they are both relatively new characters who we don’t know that well and aren’t part of a core family. I don’t count Brando as Sonny’s distant cousin to mean anything since they only met last year and are barely related. There’s been nothing to pull the rest of the canvas in which likely contributed to their isolation. Like do they even have homes?

2 hours ago, IDFfm0870 said:

I am still waiting for some sort of interesting developent here, but so far nothing.

well dealing with the loss of a child is kind of an interesting development. again i don't think the loss of the child would give them some super importance. they could have the baby and move away -or they can lose the baby, and move away. again i just think esp beacuse we've got so much live baby drama right now it would be interesting to see something on the other side of the coin

3 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

I kind of do. I mean, not this, specifically, b/c I don't post on whatever board you're talking about, so this has nothing to do with you @IDFfm0870, and is just my own experience; but I've seen discussions devolve into a "clever nickname" contest, where everyone is trying to outdo each other and themselves, and it just becomes forced and unfunny, and many posts effectively turn into gibberish. Having to run every statement through a mental translation filter gets old really quick when you just want to talk about a silly TV show.

Kind of like this new nonsense of calling Esme every name or word that begins with the letter E.  I’m like, that’s real mature, people.

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I do, if only because the show doesn't need another baby. 

Especially for two useless characters.

Edited by superdeluxe
  • Love 1

12000 species.  It's the new "you kept me away from my family for 9 months".

Did they invite anyone from GH to attend?

Mom said she would donate to the animals, except for the cobra. 

They should have had Leo in an authentic "Where's Waldo" shirt.

I guess I’m in the minority. I like Sasha and Brando, and I don’t mind their pairing or pregnancy at all. Was it necessary? No? But I’m not bothered by it. I also wouldn’t care if their baby died. 

IMO, Louise, Wiley, Avery, and James were all pointless babies, especially Wiley since they made him Michael’s kid. I’d appreciate Wiley more if he had remained with Brucas because Michael didn’t need a kid!

Sasha and Brando’s baby probably will die. I really don’t care, but theirs is the first baby of a pairing I have actually liked since Brucas was adopting!  

• Love 2

So Jason is being left behind? That doesn’t sound good. That said, how did Jason get the tarot card? I think I missed it. Did Britt give it to him? Cameron Matheson looks amazing with his beard. I doubt he’ll get to keep it because TPTB wants everyone to see his face. I actually like him as Drew. I didn’t think would. Of course, my opinion might change depending who he is paired with. They’re a lot of woman attached and unattached on the canvas. I guess he’ll be chem testing once the character lands in Port Charles. 

• Love 3

For me, Sasha is inoffensive, Brando meh and Gladys super annoying but I think the show needs some C storylines for variety. I'd rather they not have a tock though. Save that kind of drama for characters I care about. 

• Love 3
On 11/15/2021 at 11:18 AM, Melgaypet said:

A pity. I wouldn't mind at all seeing Trina get good and fed-up and knock Esme's - or, even better, Joss' - block off.

I could go for a cat fight in either combination.

I feel like the Sasha actress had a very short maternity leave - wasn’t she offscreen for just a couple weeks before popping back in on Monday's episode with a noticeably slimmer face?

I too am pleasantly surprised at how well CM is doing as the new Drew.  I’m not very familiar with his previous work but was expecting him to be cheesy and OTT - ok the shirtless scenes are gratuitous though he does look great - but he is surprisingly charismatic.

• Love 5
40 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Yes.  Not sure why since he's tied up and Liesl is all about mind control.  

Not sure how she stole it from Peter. Did he leave the deck of cards lying around, or something? Did Jason tell her which card is used to control his brother?

I like how the show enjoys doing these things now, where it feels like there's a couple of scenes missing because they want to surprise us, but it's just confusing.

12 hours ago, ffwbe said:

aren’t part of a core family

This is actually a plus for me, as everyone is too interrelated the way it is for my liking. (I agree, Brando being a distant cousin of Sonny's hasn't factored into his integration into the canvas. Which just reinforces the fact that not everyone has to be related.)

39 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Did Jason tell her which card is used to control his brother?

IIRC, Jason and Britt each saw a card Peter to control Drew when they were all in the wine cellar together, and they briefly talked about it before Peter moved Britt. Or something equally stupid as that. It's all so dumb.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

Yes.  Not sure why since he's tied up and Liesl is all about mind control.  

This is one instance where they could actually justify Peter outmaneuvering the heroes, because Britt slipped Jason the card, but Peter plans to leave without him. Unfortunately, Peter is such a hammy Bond villain, there's no way they're leaving the island without one last opportunity to gloat. I agree that they should just have Drew try to kill Peter with his bare hands, and when Peter tires to activate him, have Liesl pull the card.

12 hours ago, ffwbe said:

Brando and Sasha are overkill and they’ve had an especially drama-free pregnancy. They were 2 single, childless, young adults who barely knew each other, got pregnant via a ONS but were immediately ok with it and want to build a life together. Their big angst has been an annoying mom. Brando immediately decided not to stay involved with the mob and that had no repercussions. 

It's hard to articulate, because I feel like on paper they've ticked off a lot of story beats for them, but this couple is soooooooooo boring. I feel like they could have given them a cute love story, where they got to know each other and bonded over the baby, but it's been a series of 5 second conversations, where they just instantly agree with each other and move on. They had decent chemistry when they first got together, but they're both weak actors and don't have the charisma to carry even a C-story. 

Okay, I understand the term in context, but what are the origins of "tock"?

• Love 5