Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E03: Weekend at Brandy's

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

Guests Helen Hoey and Richard Fiore return, but it's their friends who take center stage; Kevin confronts Simone; Abbi continues to struggle; Kevin scrambles to put together a seafood extravaganza; Capt. Lee is less than impressed with dinner.

Airs October 21, 2019.

29 minutes ago, PaperTree said:

As he forgets to procure the food to cook.

I don’t think it’s that he forgot to order anything. I think he seriously thought they would come back with a boatload of fish. Abbi, stay in your lane.

• Love 10
34 minutes ago, AnnA said:

I waited a whole week to find out what Brandi was on....

...and so far nothing

Heroin?  Some kind of opiate?

It doesn't seem like alcohol, pot, meth, coke, uppers.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

Did anyone else find it disturbing that Brandy was telling the crew that she was the one paying for everything.

Then one of the other lady guest said that Brandy kept drink all of her mimosas.

All of the other guest are acting so nonchalant about Brandy that it is starting to make me wonder if they are keeping her drunk or slipping her ruffies to keep her incapacitated and her paying for their vacation. 

Edited by mbaywife123
Correcting auto correct
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 8
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Abbi is fading fast. She's not going to last the entire season, I'm fairly certain. And I don't know why she can't see what a safety hazard her hair could be.

Courtney continues to be unintentionally funny - "I eat seafood extravaganzas biweekly." Who ARE you???

Courtney is really growing on me.  Unintentionally funny indeed.

Abbi seems to have one foot out the door.  This scene is not for her.

Kate is declaring war on Kevin.  Hoping for good fireworks!

Brandy is quite the piece of work.  Chugging everybody's mimosas for breakfast after sleeping through dinner.  She may be tossing something like valium into the mix.

• Love 13
8 minutes ago, hoosiermommy said:

Kevin is an idiot. Everything is someone else’s fault. He thinks he is untouchable. He likes to put people down to maintain his own self-importance. Dude, you just served canned crab and frozen mussels to paying clients on a super yacht due to YOUR OWN FAILURE. You have lost the right to act like your poop doesn’t stink. And your great grand daddy chef named Kevin didn’t go down with the Titanic. No such person existed. But I mean, if you don’t look at the crew rolls, you can cite ignorance.

Ashton continues to surprise me with his maturity and leadership. I like this guy a lot.

Reminded me of Mila from BD Med!  

I mean, I guess the ship pantry/freezer should have those things on hand for "just in case" situations, but Kevin knew about the seafood dinner in enough time to order the proper provisions.

I'm really not liking him!

And, so far, I agree - Ashton is proving to be a good bosun.  He's still not one of my favorite people because I think he can and will devolve back into an asshole, but so far, he's treating his crew very fairly.

• Love 13

Kevin was really annoying. Simone is one person serving 7 guests who were constantly asking for something, of course she couldn’t take the food out right away. I think he only apologized because she snapped at him and had no issue continuing to shred him in front of Kate. Abby couldn’t have been serious with her pouting and whining. Basic common sense would have prevented Captain Lee from having to say something about her hair and she made a simple mistake with the radio.

Is it in the contract that drunk female charter guests have to sexually harass a male crew member on both versions of the show? Their behavior with Captain Lee was inappropriate and disgusting. Had it been male guests doing that to one of the stews I’m sure it wouldn’t have been ignored. Brandy has got to be one of the most embarrassing guests in the history of this show. She is making Travis look sober right now.

Edited by spunky
  • Love 19

Are we really to believe that a chef, or even a short-order cook neglected to order anything to use in serving a "seafood extravaganza"?  I smell producer-mandated drama.

I really, really fail to comprehend how a person (in this case Brandy) allows themselves to be viewed by millions of people, in this state of...of substance abuse.  Are the contracts really so iron-clad that a person couldn't refuse to have this sort of thing air?  This is a problem I've had with "reality" TV for a long time, back to the MTV Real World days.  Allowing an obvious addict to potentially kill themselves for "good TV".

• Love 17

I wished the Captain's wife was there to tell those woman to BACK OFF her husband.  I couldn't believe it. 

I also couldn't believe Brandy.  WTF?  And correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't that Kellee lying on the side walkway before the fishing trip?

Kevin is a freaking egotistical ass hat.  Before you start going in on other people, remember you were the one who wasn't prepared for the seafood extravaganza. 

Abbi - that hair.  And the radios are not rocket science.  I've used one many times out on the water.

• Love 15
19 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Are we really to believe that a chef, or even a short-order cook neglected to order anything to use in serving a "seafood extravaganza"?  I smell producer-mandated dram

To what end, to make himself look like an incompetent asshat?

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, dosodog said:
1 hour ago, AnnA said:

I waited a whole week to find out what Brandi was on....

...and so far nothing

Heroin?  Some kind of opiate?

It doesn't seem like alcohol, pot, meth, coke, uppers.

My vote is for all of the above.  It was really sad to watch.

• Love 6

Kevin was wrong and apologized. But Simone was in over her head. She couldn’t handle a mimosa which is just about the easiest drink in the world to make. Like Kevin I blame Kate. She kept Simone down in the laundry room and even Simone said she needed more experience working with the guests. Don’t you think she could have supervised and taught her a little instead of dropping her in the deep end with a bunch of drunken assholes?

The fact is the charter guests coming to the galley to get their drinks and some spoons and forks is a massive failure of the interior crew.

Edited by The Ringo Kidd
  • Love 9

Courtney mentioning jellyfish being part of the menu in her “biweekly seafood extravaganzas” made me feel a wee bit nauseous....

Abbi of the Too.Much.Hair. I mean, literal *pounds* of red spiral curls. Safety hazard indeed. The bun looks cuter on her. 

Brandy was grotesque to watch. And  those gnarly women pawing at Capt Lee and asking “is that a joystick?” Ewww....
I had flashbacks to that couple seasons back, cornering the stew Jen in their cabin, and propositioning her. 

I really wanted to like Tom Cruise/Hugh Grant Kevin but nah, he’s an arrogant douche. I guess production hated him too because those bathroom scenes last episode were repugnant. 

Loving all the cute deck boys & Bosun! 

Edited by Sage47
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, spunky said:

Is it in the contract that drunk female charter guests have to sexually harass a male crew member on both versions of the show? Their behavior with Captain Lee was inappropriate and disgusting. Had it been male guests doing that to one of the stews I’m sure it wouldn’t have been ignored. Brandy has got to be one of the most embarrassing guests in the history of this show. She is making Travis look sober right now.

100%!  I was watching them get all handsy with Capt. Lee and I kept thinking that if that had been men doing that to a woman they could have been booted and lost their charter.  

Brandy has something more than alcohol wrong with her.  She is drinking excessively, but she's practically comatose.  She'd need to be putting away entire bottles of liquor in record time to be that gone.  Her friends are used to it too!  They were telling Kate not to worry about her and then when the one friend was getting concerned at the beach the other lady was telling her not to feel bad for Brandy.  She's a mess.  

• Love 12
1 minute ago, biakbiak said:

I have never wanted to give some a towel or a powder more than when Ashton was talking to Abbi while she was smoking, her face was so crazy greasy it was disgusting.

I was thinking the same thing!  I was actually thinking about all the ads that talk about luminous skin and a dewy glow and how that was just plain oily.  She looks like she's probably got rosacea also, so she needs lots of sun screen.

• Love 1

Something was off about Brandi beyond the drinking. With all that alcohol in her system she  must have been massively dehydrated and sunstroke could be a real possibility in that heat. Even douchenozzle Tanner was aware and tried to cool her down because this was a dangerous situation. The stews have the same duty as a bartender. You don’t serve someone who is a danger to themselves and others.

It was not really amusing and the failure to do something was a failure of leadership from Captain Crunch all the way down.

Just not a good start to the season.

• Love 8

I am really perplexed why Ashton thought it was a good idea to take Brandy who he had literally just found passed out by herself and had to physically get her off the deck to put her on the boat and take her to the beach. He seems to really lack good judgement in a variety of ways.

5 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

The stews have the same duty as a bartender. You don’t serve someone who is a danger to themselves and others.

The weren’t serving her, she kept taking other people’s mimosas. Also the pours that Simone was doing they we’re basically orange juice with a champagne floater so clearly it wasn’t just alcohol.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 3

I’d rather have what he ended up serving than some piles of seafood.

Right portion indeed.

The guests liked it so the editing tried to make it a big deal, which it wasn’t.  Watch, they will still get a good tip instead of the guest complaining about not having an extravaganza.

Simone let it go, accepted her apology.  Of course Kate is going to try to start up some shit.

Abbi was cast because she’s a mess.  In the previews Ashton says she was hired to be a deckhand, when he learns that she’s so wasted she won’t wake up for her shift.   No she was hired to provide “good TV” by being green and bad at her ”job.”

• LOL 1
8 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

The weren’t serving her, she kept taking other people’s mimosas. Also the pours that Simone was doing they we’re basically orange juice with a champagne floater so clearly it wasn’t just alcohol.

We don’t know that was the case. They repeated the scene where she stole the mimosa a couple of times. Typical Bravo selective editing.

If that was indeed the case then the situation is even more serious. Do you know easy it would be for her to fall over the side and there is nothing they could do about it? I had to hold my breath a couple of times when the showed her leaning over the rail with nobody to check her.

Captain Crunch is always talking about safety and he really dropped the ball here. He has to get to the bottom of what is going on. Is it drinking? Drugs? Sunstroke? A combination of factors.

I hope he steps up next episode instead of cracking wise with scripted bon mots from the Gabby Hayes collection.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Captain Crunch is always talking about safety and he really dropped the ball here. He has to get to the bottom of what is going on. Is it drinking? Drugs? Sunstroke? A combination of factors.

Ashton really is to blame because he actually found her passed out alone and did nothing except put her on the boat which was a huge mistake. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Actually that was Kelly a different passed out guest. Not Brandi.

It was a total shit show and they lost control.

But they had a good laugh mocking the drunken guests.

My bad apparently all drunken assholes look alike to me. It was still irresponsible of Ashton.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

My bad apparently all drunken assholes look alike to me. It was still irresponsible of Ashton.

It’s easy to mix them up.

Ashton should’ve said something and forced the issue and Ashton has the rank to make it stick.

Also maybe Kate should have said something to the Captain instead of tattling about the Chef.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, zoltana said:

I was thinking the same thing!  I was actually thinking about all the ads that talk about luminous skin and a dewy glow and how that was just plain oily.  She looks like she's probably got rosacea also, so she needs lots of sun screen.

Don't forget that it is really hot and more than 85% humidity...

• Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Kevin was wrong and apologized. But Simone was in over her head. She couldn’t handle a mimosa which is just about the easiest drink in the world to make. Like Kevin I blame Kate. She kept Simone down in the laundry room and even Simone said she needed more experience working with the guests. Don’t you think she could have supervised and taught her a little instead of dropping her in the deep end with a bunch of drunken assholes?

The fact is the charter guests coming to the galley to get their drinks and some spoons and forks is a massive failure of the interior crew.

In Simone's defense, I've made mimosas using freshly squeezed orange juice and for some reason it foams like crazy compared to store bought orange juice and it looks like that's what was happening. Granted, I'm sure that's how they always make mimosas on the boat and should be used to it and know how to deal with it, but I thought I'd throw my two cents in anyway lol

Edited by sara1025
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
32 minutes ago, Diane Mars said:

Don't forget that it is really hot and more than 85% humidity...

It was weird because during the heat of the day her face wasn’t that greasy, I just don’t know how she went without wiping her face, I am surprised liquid wasn’t dripping off her face but appeared to be more greasy than just sweat.

43 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

It was weird because during the heat of the day her face wasn’t that greasy, I just don’t know how she went without wiping her face, I am surprised liquid wasn’t dripping off her face but appeared to be more greasy than just sweat.

When I was in Thailand and in Bali, my skin was the same ! Not even "wet" but... oily greasy.... Yurk !

• Love 1

Last episode’s guests were perfectly behaved in contrast to this charter that has one woman passed out from over drinking before lunch, another comatose and incoherent from booze and has to be something else, 2 aggressive guests being handsy and double teaming Captain Lee’s ass.

Kevin’s overly high opinion of himself is neither charming nor deserved....what a jerk.

Abbie, if you were such a fantastic sailor then why are you such a fail at yachting?

Abbie broke Capt. Lee’s rules about walkies....losing hers and then cutting off the whole system by leaning on the mic.

She put a target on her back and now Captain sees more faults ....like her long loose hair getting caught in the lines or equipment.

Ashton sees her as the weak link in his crew because she would not have the muscle to free the skiff that was stuck as the tide went out.

Don’t know who is getting the worst edit ...Drunk Brandi or Abbie.

• Love 8

I thought Brandi was gong to OD. It was a very  disturbing situation, and the rest of her friends didn’t seem to care. 
Kevin is egotistical, and rude. He makes  Chef Beefcheeks look like a laidback person. 
I find Courtney funny. I like that she doesn’t fawn over whatever the guys tell her, and I can relate with her about hating nightclubs and preferring quiet conversation and a glass of wine.

• Love 18