Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E03: Weekend at Brandy's

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

On 10/21/2019 at 6:07 PM, pieinmyeye said:

Kevin needs to get over himself. Like Kate said, she’s in charge of service, all he needs to worry about is cooking.

Lol - cooking and ordering groceries. He stated during the preference sheet discussion he was going to cook what they catch while also providing the seafood extravaganza. Surely he's not that inept that he forgot to order seafood? I hope it was simply a fabricated storyline. Regardless, he looked like a fool.

I was so glad to see that Helen and Richard got rid of their vampire attire and infused some colour into their wardrobe.

• Love 1
On 10/21/2019 at 7:01 PM, dosodog said:

Heroin?  Some kind of opiate?

It doesn't seem like alcohol, pot, meth, coke, uppers.

Nah, if it was an opiate, she would have been sleeping more soundly. Don't the rich have a yen for xanax and booze or valium type stuff? (Or is that an opiate too?)

On 10/21/2019 at 7:27 PM, njbchlover said:

And, so far, I agree - Ashton is proving to be a good bosun.  He's still not one of my favorite people because I think he can and will devolve back into an asshole, but so far, he's treating his crew very fairly.

I do not recall Ashton ever being an asshole. He always appeared to be the voice of reason, as well as being empathetic to his workmates. Are you thinking of Joao?

• Love 1
On 10/22/2019 at 7:23 AM, Mondrianyone said:

The one you can't foresee, but the other is a very easily solvable problem, especially considering the possible consequences.  I can't imagine that losing his son to an overdose hasn't given him some serious second thoughts about his judgment, or lack of judgment, on the Brandy issue. 

That's not fair to the Captain. Everyone assumed Brandi was drunk upon arrival (which is not something to immediately panic about). I think Lee handled the situation well, and he got a doctor involved (despite the guests stating she's always like that). I didn't know Lee lost his son to an overdose, but I am pretty sure it had been a different scenario. I have known parents who discovered their children dead from an overdose, but only after realizing the child was sleeping too long. Yes, ODs and Brandi's behaviour were an Over-Amount of "something", but losing a child to drugs doesn't make one an OD expert.

On 10/22/2019 at 4:03 PM, Shellbell59 said:

Good point...we’ve seen them provide provisions...talent etc..but has that happened in Caribbean and Med? 

I remember the charter where the Canadian chef (Matt?) forgot to order lobster and he immediately radioed in a request and arranged to their tender to meet up with the seafood supplier. It arrived in the nick of time.

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

They don’t actually, some people make no noise at all. Again, I think there is more going on there than just a panic attack/anxiety but people react differently to having them. 

Exactly, I never made a sound during mine. But if there are sounds to be made - they definitely sound panicked/frightened. etc. I have never encountered someone having an attack while yelling that they have paid for everything on the charter, heh.

Edited by Chalby
On 10/22/2019 at 7:14 PM, 65mickey said:

But she is not claiming to have Epilepsy. She said she has panic attacks. If this is correct it must have lasted from the moment she walked on the boat until they carted her off in the kyack from the beach the next day. 

65Mickey - Did you catch the season where Hannah was having her panic attack? Initially, it definitely resembled a full-blown panic attack, making her 'run away'. (Caroline experienced anxiety attacks too, and she would rush out and beeline towards fresh air/deck). However, Hannah's attack didn't let up and she spent 24 hours throwing up, and tossing in her bunk. Was that still the remnants of her attack?

On 10/23/2019 at 5:43 AM, terrymct said:

Her panic attacks appear to be triggered by excessive drinking and maybe the consumption of something else.   The thing that was telling to me was that the other guests didn't appear to be concerned...as if she does this sort of thing regularly.

I think she definitely drinks too much, but I wish she wouldn't get defensive about her behaviour, and state she doesn't take drugs etc. If she has severe anxiety attacks, I would bet her doctor has prescribed meds for it. There's nothing wrong with taking your meds only to find alcohol had a negative interaction with the meds. Nobody would judge her as s**t happens. But, by claiming all of her behaviour was anxiety induced immediately has me calling BS.

• Love 1
On 10/22/2019 at 7:43 AM, Thisgirllovespasta said:

I use this thing called a "hot bun roller" and it is so easy to throw your hair up. It takes zero effort and it looks like you got it done professionally.

I'd love to see an image of this roller. Sounds like something I could use.

On 11/1/2019 at 9:45 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

Google is your friend. Hot-Buns-For-LGT-Hair

And one that was on that page.   LOL! Thank you! 

16 hours ago, Thisgirllovespasta said:

Yes this it!! It is so easy to use. Also, you can always add a little flower or a decorative barrette. 

😁

Of course I threw in some decretive mess too! 

SOLD!

• Love 3
16 hours ago, Thisgirllovespasta said:

Yes this it!! It is so easy to use. Also, you can always add a little flower or a decorative barrette. 

😁

Yup..after your post...I ordered..received...and have worn mine!!! 😆👏 yay! Love it!

• Love 2
On 10/22/2019 at 11:23 AM, The Ringo Kidd said:

Captain Lee is actually spineless. His tough guy act is all a facade. 

Captain Crunch is all talk. 

I TOTALLY AGREE!!! He's always god damming it yet does nothing.  This will be an unpopular opinion but I liked Captain Sandy.  She may be a micro manager but to see him always sitting in his chair or lounging on the sun deck just grates on my nerves, lol.