Type keyword(s) to search

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Dark Phoenix Saga was attempted in both movie versions and failed both times and will IMO fail again if they attempt to do it in live-action movies, because it requires a lot of set-up that live-action movies don't have the patience for. Just leave it to TV or animated movie-verse like DC had.
  3. I still have some Fodor’s! Very outdated, but I put notes in them and take them out to reminisce every now and then. I have Googled a few places to see if they’re still around. Some are!
  4. I can stand Ben, and I can stand Charlie. That's about it. I soured on Maria early on (although I frankly cannot remember why). Problem is, we've heard next to nothing from either Ben or Charlie. So, much like Hunter, I suspect they are bound for the jury, because the show is spending a LOT of time on Q and, to a lesser extent, Tiffany, Liz and Kenzie. I know it's shallow, but I can't get past that bull ring through Tiffany's nose. Not only does it look painful and unhygienic to me, but now it's off-kilter, which triggers my OCD like crazy.
  5. He better not have a window seat and try to nap. I am assuming airplane walls are still walls............so that's a long way down.
  6. I was hoping the Breen would look like dogs.
  7. And what I need is for them both to get off my TV. Time and again, I've heard couples say that TAR is a great way to test their relationship. As far as tests go, this is what I'd call a failure.
  8. To be fair, we did see the ladies cooking dinner together a few times, so one could assume they did that regularly. They did "help" with chores a few times for the camera. We can only hope they actually helped off camera also and got an idea of the life. Because yeah, they will be doing farm work. The only two towns I can remember are Sikeston, MO, which is a fair sized town and Center, Colorado. It has about 2,000 people. I grew up in a town of about 2,000 and even back then we had some of them so-called beauty shops. I hear they even have one of them there coffee shops now. So amenities aren't that hard to come by these days.
  9. I don’t understand. You mean viewers? Even if the HH have already chosen one of the houses, it might also be true that a different house would have been better. What locations do you always skip over? We skip past Chicago, all of California and NY/NJ. Those places are usually super expensive and not very interesting. We like watching shows about places we have never been, even small towns. And yeah, the 30-somethings buying 750k houses that are their forever homes because they have “worked so hard” are a hoot. They have no clue.
  10. I'll chime in on the welding. I'm female, around Angie's age, but am incredibly handy, mostly self taught. I've rewired major parts of my kitchen, framed & drywalled walls, am great at plaster work, done some plumbing work, etc. But welding is incredibly intimidating for me. I agree in theory that Angie and Leticia should have done this, and saved more physically demanding roadblocks for their partners, but if I had a team mate who wasn't as intimidated by it (for any reason), I'd gladly let them do that task. I can't really explain it, but there it is.
  11. ‘Tracker’ Stages Shaw Family Reunion — See Justin Hartley & Jensen Ackles as Brothers (PHOTOS) Sneak peek into May 12 episode - “Off the Books”.
  12. I was wondering when this cast would have to deal with creepy crawlies, and had started to think they were saving it for season two. This was my favorite task of all the seasons and countries I watched. I hope they use it for US, UK and AUS seasons too.
  13. Apr 26 / 24 Kenobi homeschooling begins...
  14. I used to work at the HS cafeteria, which had over 1,000. Kids. That’s not how this works…it’s not how any of this works!
  15. Dandesun

X-Men'97

The thing I wonder about with Jean and the various Phoenix references is if they're going to go full bore with something that has been danced around for decades only to be really solidified now. That 'now and forever' Jean is Phoenix. It got real convoluted in the comics and even though the animated series did the best version of the Phoenix storyline it also dropped some major points. Other people have been Phoenix. They've gotten rid of it, they've brought it back but, ultimately, Jean has been written to be the primary host/that level of strength at her full powers. She doesn't have to go dark anymore, she went through that already, but to accept that part of her might be the thing for her moving forward. Maybe I don't understand the complaints about pulling too much from the comics. They've always done this. The characters are from the comics. The villains are from the comics. Mutants fighting for a world that hates and fears them are from the comics. The Sentinels, the Friends of Humanity, Genosha, the Blackbird, the Shi'ar, the Xavier School, the Savage Land, Master Mold, Henry Peter Gyrich, Bolivar Trask, the Morlocks... all of these are from the comics. And none of these stories are direct translations from the comics. The fact that there has been 30 MORE years of storytelling since this show was on just gives them more to pull from. The story that's being told isn't comic specific. Mutants are fighting for acceptance and even though they've been fighting to protect humanity they continue to be targeted. That was the whole jist of Magneto's speech in episode 2. They work to create a homeland so they have their own nation and it gets destroyed. People die, people are hurt, now they're all struggling with the idea of 'why did we ever try to play nice when this is what you want for all of us?' It's the cycle of hatred. It's the constant need for a scapegoat or to Other an entire group of people Just Because. That is what the X-Men have been about since the 70s and it continues here. I know what these references are but I have seen and heard from many people who don't who still think the show is killing it without knowing the references. All that being said... if you don't like it, that's fine too. It's not a requirement.
  16. Uh, I don't think these people actually have "luxury yacht" money. I think most of the guests have to be recruited. There has been a noticeable drop in the quality of the guests since the earliest seasons. I suspect people who could actually afford to charter a yacht would a.) want it for more than 2 days and b.) wouldn't want to be on a tacky Bravo reality show. That said, the entire point of this series is to show us how a yacht crew deals with demanding guests and their ridiculous requests. They either hack it, or they don't. So whether the guests come up with the idea on their own or they don't, they're just doing their job. And the show actually gets its ideas for these requests from stories about the ridiculous things yacht guests have asked for in real life. I do think the primary and her husband actually came up with this "red carpet" shit. I'd expect no less from anyone coming aboard asking to be called King and Queen.
  17. If you have a half can left, what else are you going to do? (I know these ads are for stuff that you buy refrigerated and keep refrigerated)
  18. Well, it's not just seeing a Breen without helmet. Don't forget those suckers have two faces and the one L'ak is wearing is apparently deemed some sort of taboo. So, even if outsiders had every seen a Breen face it would have been the LED version.
  19. Don't forget Rick Steves. We took him with us everywhere when we were in Europe. Occasionally I know a J! answer from his TV shows.
  20. I was surprised at this also, I guess Danny and Vinny must've thought they could do it faster since they'd done it before but really the women should've done this one if they're worried about physical tasks. I'm not sure what info they were given before choosing? maybe they thought it would be something else? Did they have a helmet for everyone or did they slap the name sticker on it after the person was chosen?
  21. It does explain why pa wasn't successful in farming. How could a real farmer just go off and rehab random guy? Goes to Mankato and Sleepy Eye at the drop of a hat for random reasons. Works at the mill while other men must be working full time at farming, tending to animals, equipment and the crops. Points to Miss Beadle for doing the yet unnamed responsibility of mandatory reporter and seeking help for the boy.
  22. I can’t wait for Venus’s exit interviews:
  23. I was prepared to cheer for Tyler after I heard about his dead languages but when Amy beat him to fulgurous I'm afraid I switched back to Amy. Guidebooks! Blue Guide, Fodor's, Rough Guide, Lonely Planet, etc ...
  24. I dunno, I've always found there to be something vaguely creepy about Thomas Lennon. I get Kevin Spacey vibes from him. I have no idea what Drew's long joke was about, but I wish the comics would refrain from doing stuff that's going to get entirely bleeped out. The occasional swear word is fine, we can figure it out from context, but a whole "bit" that is bleeped so much you have no idea what the joke is goes too far.
  1. Load more activity