Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

23 minutes ago, Brighid said:

Caroline’s 2 pager

B7244929-5AA2-47A7-8203-3F52B3946634.jpeg

This is basically cover worthy. Remember when Maggie got it after her Rookie year? If any rookie from this season could have had it, it would have been Caroline. So pretty!!

• Love 5
4 hours ago, MTTFan said:

No insider information here, but here is food for thought:  Last season was a SM hot mess and it made TPTB look pretty bad and some of them downright impotent. I am thinking of those old sayings:  a picture paints a 1000 words or, in this case, silence speaks volumes.

Once VK is on the team, point (I kid, I kid) and SG, it will be fait accompli and TPTB will be breathing a collective KMA.

This times 100. 

My favorite person ever right now is Brene Brown and if you haven't watched her Netflix special she talks about a story when she and her husband were on vacation. Essentially they're swimming laps in a lake, she starts pouring her heart out and he kinda ignores her and goes back to swimming. Fast forward ten minutes and she tries again. Same thing. They finish swimming and she is kinda snapping at him while terrifying that he's about to ask for a divorce while she's in a swim suit and he tells her, "I was counting the laps because I was having a panic attack." He had a dream the night before about swimming with the kids to the island, a boat coming and he couldn't protect/save them all. So while she was pouring her heart out, he was counting laps as he tried to calm himself down and what she was saying wasn't registering. 

But it moves into a point about the way our brains will 'fill in the blanks' and begin assuming information in an effort to try and make sense of it. Her line was, "The story I'm telling myself is..." 

And, if Training Camp had a motto right now, this would be it. Radio silence doesn't shelter the brand, it doesn't protect the brand...it's only stemming the bleeding so when the band-aid is fully ripped off, it's going to be an major artery cut and not a paper cut. 

Kelli, and Judy because she's been complicit, have made some serious errors in judgement and whether we know now, or two months from now, it's not going to stop the public reaction. 

• Love 13
10 hours ago, Bmathews said:

Digital is cool but I’m looking for the physical copy. There’s a pro shop 5 minutes from me in the mall. I’m betting they have it but that mall is a nightmare to navigate so I’m hoping someone else knows before I go 😂

Call the store and ask if they carry it?? 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Kees080 said:

No. They must have pulled them? 

I think pics in the magazine are easy to pull.  It's the calendar that is difficult, but Kaitlin LeGrand and Tara were cut pretty late in the summer.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

This times 100. 

My favorite person ever right now is Brene Brown and if you haven't watched her Netflix special she talks about a story when she and her husband were on vacation. Essentially they're swimming laps in a lake, she starts pouring her heart out and he kinda ignores her and goes back to swimming. Fast forward ten minutes and she tries again. Same thing. They finish swimming and she is kinda snapping at him while terrifying that he's about to ask for a divorce while she's in a swim suit and he tells her, "I was counting the laps because I was having a panic attack." He had a dream the night before about swimming with the kids to the island, a boat coming and he couldn't protect/save them all. So while she was pouring her heart out, he was counting laps as he tried to calm himself down and what she was saying wasn't registering. 

But it moves into a point about the way our brains will 'fill in the blanks' and begin assuming information in an effort to try and make sense of it. Her line was, "The story I'm telling myself is..." 

And, if Training Camp had a motto right now, this would be it. Radio silence doesn't shelter the brand, it doesn't protect the brand...it's only stemming the bleeding so when the band-aid is fully ripped off, it's going to be an major artery cut and not a paper cut. 

Kelli, and Judy because she's been complicit, have made some serious errors in judgement and whether we know now, or two months from now, it's not going to stop the public reaction. 

I love Brene Brown she is one of my favorites.  "The story I'm telling myself is..."  such a good example of what Kelli is doing right now.  Kelli needs to watch Brene Brown she could learn a few things.  

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Brighid said:

Caroline’s 2 pager

B7244929-5AA2-47A7-8203-3F52B3946634.jpeg

Wow! Gorgeous! Caroline and Ashlee really give off an old-school DCC glam vibe for me, not really sure why. I can see both of them as cover girls!

• Love 6
12 hours ago, dbell1 said:

Now when it comes to the Gina calendar photo, holy photo shop!!! Doesn’t look like her at all. I get Madame Tussaud’s wax DDC vibes. 

To me it’s very Russian mail order bride catalog pic. Cool blond hair and harsh cold expression. I don’t mind the suit but agree, black bottoms would look better. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

I love Brene Brown she is one of my favorites.  "The story I'm telling myself is..."  such a good example of what Kelli is doing right now.  Kelli needs to watch Brene Brown she could learn a few things.  

I'm a Brene Brown stan too. I got to see her speak here in D.C. awhile ago and it was phenomenal.

Better than watching the Netflix special, the DCC organization should pay all the money to get her in there to do her magic with the team leadership. She'd say no probably as I bet she's a Houston Texans fan. Haha.

• Love 2
On 6/29/2019 at 8:05 PM, Kees080 said:

Lexie & Alexis 

Many0001.jpg

Many0005.jpg

2 of Amber 

Many0002.jpg

Many0003.jpg

Amber's tan is waaaaay to dark IMO. She's almost got that bodybuilder orange glow going on. The one of Jayln in the white swimsuit also seems like her face is tanned too heavily 💁‍♀️

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

Amanda is someone I've had pegged for SG from the beginning so I think this is a congratulations post for this.

I also think Vikkie made show group and know how the public will react so they're being hush hush about it. I feel bad for the ones who did make SG because they have to stay quiet because of the child in the room. Just another way Auntie Kellie is protecting her in ways she would never protect anyone else.

I also want to know who got snubbed so she could make it. Oh insiders, any insider, where art thou? 

SG is always interesting to me because, especially these last few years, they bring in fancy judges and act like it's a super intense judging process...when at the end of the day, it is never about who actually scored the highest amongst everyone but who Kelli and Judy want. Period.  

• Love 17
(edited)
31 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Everyone who was on SG last year made it back except for Jalyn. 🙁

Did any vets not previously on SG make it this year? That sucks about Jalyn...she is a fantastic dancer. 

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 4

Well, people wondered w/VK this year if they were going to quietly slide her on the team and not focus much on her or go with a full-on, redemption, “She learned from her failures and came back, and she is now the best of the best” story arc. If she’s on show group, I think we’re getting the latter storyline. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Well, people wondered w/VK this year if they were going to quietly slide her on the team and not focus much on her or go with a full-on, redemption, “She learned from her failures and came back, and she is now the best of the best” story arc. If she’s on show group, I think we’re getting the latter storyline. 

A++ Victoria!

• LOL 3
(edited)

Yeah I don’t think I can watch this season. There is no way in hell VK earned SG over Jayln. I mean she performed last season most of a game with pink eye. So frustrating.

edited to change a sp error

Edited by aubshart
  • Love 21

🙄 She looked good at auditions whether people choose to accept that or not. I'm sure politics have a lot to do with who makes the team as well. The creators of the show aren't going to change what their actions are just because a vocal minority disagree with them. Whether you choose to accept it or not is up to you. If you don't focus on the politics behind the show, you'll find it enjoyable entertainment which is what it is. It's not supposed to be anything more than entertainment.

• Love 12
(edited)

I’m assuming not being on SG was Jalyn’s choice, since she’s in great shape and still seems to be a great dancer. And as far as I know, she isn’t a behind the scenes issue with lateness, skipped appearances, etc. Did she get a Barbie? 

Could be too much time outside of other obligations, etc. She’s cheered for other teams as well, so maybe she’s just enjoying the regular obligations for a final season and is focusing on other things too. 

SG is about 40% of the squad, so even tho I find VK to be a little ridiculous, I don’t think it’s a one for one trade of someone awesome to shoehorn her in. Lesser dancers make SG for whatever reason every year. 

Edited by kalibean
  • Love 2

I am ok with VK being on show group and the team. I understand the complaints against her but these results were expected so I'm moving on to acceptance. 

Now, I'm curious about Jalyn. Is there historical precedent to booting people off of show group? Who else in the past has not been invited back -- and what were the reasons?

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, kalibean said:

I’m assuming not being on SG was Jalyn’s choice, since she’s in great shape and still seems to be a great dancer. And as far as I know, she isn’t a behind the scenes issue with lateness, skipped appearances, etc. Did she get a Barbie? 

Could be too much time outside of other obligations, etc. She’s cheered for other teams as well, so maybe she’s just enjoying the regular obligations for a final season and is focusing on other things too. 

SG is about 40% of the squad, so even tho I find VK to be a little ridiculous, I don’t think it’s a one for one trade of someone awesome to shoehorn her in. Lesser dancers make SG for whatever reason every year. 

I’m with you on this, as I can’t see any reason other than her choice to not be on SG.  I guess time will tell.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, kalibean said:

Now that the tea is spilled I can confirm with 100% accuracy that Jalyn was absolutely devastated, was not given a reason for being cut and it was not her choice. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Now that the tea is spilled I can confirm with 100% accuracy that Jalyn was absolutely devastated, was not given a reason for being cut and it was not her choice. 

Well that stinks. Almost worse than what happened to Gabby. At least Gabby gets to move on with her life. Jalyn has to live with this the entire season.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Perhaps she was overheard being critical of VK . . .

• Useful 8
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Don't you think Jayln has "earned the respect" (to quote Kitty) of an explanation from K&J as to why she, as a veteran show group member, was not selected again?

• Love 18
(edited)
On 6/30/2019 at 10:00 AM, M1977G said:

Ashley looked amazing, as did Cianna, Caroline, Rachel A, Heather (as always), and Molly! Savannah looks so much prettier when they let her smile naturally in these photo shoots. I approve the no more sexy-constipated facials on her! I saw the super unfortunate photo of Brennan in the magazine some folks had mentioned here. Just, wow. That almost seems like some hateful editing there. Taylor was a big surprise--I always read her more as cute and less beautiful, but she looks grown and sexy in most of these--and Daphne looks much better than I expected based on comments here. Rachel W looked great in most photos, but also thoroughly orange in some. Girl, just stop with the orangeness! She's so gorgeous otherwise, it's kind of absurd.

And how could I forget Tess?! I think she's so ridiculously gorgeous and photogenic.

I agree with so many here. Of the pictures I saw, the ones that seemed out of place against the rest was Brianna. I have never seen a photo I like of hers. Her body read like a little girl and for some reason, she seems to lack a glam most of the time...to me anyway. Maybe she is not comfortable? I am a fan of Amy, but she seems to not be the best swimsuit poser. I adore her though so who cares. But this year's photos are so impressive I am shocked to hear it was the same photographers. This gives me hope the cameos will be outstanding instead of blah, was everyone ill kind of pictures. NICE JOB EVERYONE...JUST WOW WOW WOW!

Edited by IzzyEnd
spell check malfunction.....ah yeah that's it.
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, Lindsay Loo Hoo said:

You know what, they all start to blend together after so many years of watching this show LOL....jasmine...brianna, all the sameeeeeeeeeeeeee 😛

False.

17 hours ago, dccfan321 said:

They literally look nothing alike. Except they are both black...

Literally.

16 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

jasmine could sing her heart out.

Meh. She could carry a tune, but "sing her heart out" is a bit..much. Maybe compared to her competition.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Everyone who was on SG last year made it back except for Jalyn. 🙁

Ok, is there any VK fan that can objectively say that VK outdanced Jalyn?

26 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

If those bastards make Jalyn retire early just because they wanted to appease VK... is Kelli really THAT stupid? Jalyn looked amazing as a ROOKIE in the triangle. How do you sacrifice that potential for a s****** dancer you just happen to know since they were born? Charlotte, it’s time to get a new director please.

13 minutes ago, veronicamers said:

Don't you think Jayln has "earned the respect" (to quote Kitty) of an explanation from K&J as to why she, as a veteran show group member, was not selected again?

No she hasn’t earned the respect. Unless she came out of TK’s vajayjay as well.

• Love 10

Just watched the show group auditions... Daphne was SHOCKINGLY bad. Just wow. And we know she has the dance skills, so something is seriously wrong with her. If TPTB have even the slightest ounce of compassion as human beings, they will cut daphne from the team so she can go home and heal. She needs some serious help.

If @Smplsimon is accurate about who made show group, then Daphne made it with that horrible embarrassment of a showing. And for what it’s worth, smplsimon has been my favorite poster for a few years, and has proven to be incredibly accurate, so I do believe it. 

• Love 22

There's always been something wrong with the politics of the DCC, the Jenna/Erica/Holly situation comes to mind. They didn't care what was going on until it directly affected them and their brand. How long did they let their actions slide for? This is nothing new. They will 100% protect the people they want on their team. Anyone else would never get the same preferential treatment those three did.

• Love 3