Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

26 minutes ago, DanceChick said:

Some competitive studios don't allow their elite dancers to do high school pom/cheer teams. The time commitment is too great and they want them focused on real dance technique, not high school performances.

Could be, but it also presumes that (1) the person belonged to a competitive studio and/or (2) was considered an "elite" dancer.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Community Manager Note:

To put an end to the wild conspiracy theories that have permeated this forum, let me be absolutely clear. Across the entire site, whenever a member is banned it is always for the same reason: as a result of violation(s) of Primetimer site policy and nothing else

The site has no horses in any races. Primetimer is impartial and will remain that way.

9 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Both ladies are lovely in this snap but I find Bridget particularly pretty in this one.

This is why I think she's pretty enough for point just the way she is.

hannahelizabeth95_29_6_2019_10_51_38_881.jpg

Omg these two might be my two faves. I think Bridget is perfect for point as is. She is another one who makes it look effortless, like she’s having a blast, like you want to watch and jump up and join in. I guess I just like the more natural looking beauties that don’t look like all their pretty is store bought and will wash off in the sink. She comes off as approachable too. 

• Love 14
2 hours ago, go4luca said:

OH!  So cool!!!  I am always amazed at the things you unearth.  Thanks @sleepyjean!

LOL, I fell down the Bridget rabbit hole. Someone was asking about her age upthread, and off I went to find out. I stumbled across her mom's Facebook along the way.

(For anyone who cares, she graduated from high school in 2013, which would make her about 24 now.)

I also found an old YouTube channel of Bridget's with a handful of dance videos from her high school days. There's one called "my epic halftime fail" where she completely wipes out on the  football field in the middle of a performance. This ability to poke fun at herself is one of the reasons I'm a fan of hers.  (Along with the fact that she seems to be a joyful dancer, an animal lover, and an overall nice person.)

Also, another piece of useless trivia: Bridget and Mary Kate Domino went to high school together in San Diego. They were teammates on the Rosary Academy varsity dance team (along with Bridget's sister Kelly, I believe) and Mary Kate went on to become a Dallas Stars Ice Girl. Mary Kate is best known around here for deleting her Instagram a few years ago in the middle of the DCC audition process, allegedly due to criticism from this forum.

It's crazy all the little nuggets of info you can find out there on the interwebs.

• Love 11

There seems to be radio silence from DCC on my other favorite rookie (besides Bridget) from this last season, Jalyn. We saw nothing of Jalyn's audition solo, virtually no calendar shots, nada. Unless I missed it?  Anyone see, hear, imagine any updates on Jalyn? Bueller, Bueller, ...?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

LOL, I fell down the Bridget rabbit hole. Someone was asking about her age upthread, and off I went to find out. I stumbled across her mom's Facebook along the way.

(For anyone who cares, she graduated from high school in 2013, which would make her about 24 now.)

I also found an old YouTube channel of Bridget's with a handful of dance videos from her high school days. There's one called "my epic halftime fail" where she completely wipes out on the  football field in the middle of a performance. This ability to poke fun at herself is one of the reasons I'm a fan of hers.  (Along with the fact that she seems to be a joyful dancer, an animal lover, and an overall nice person.)

Thanks @sleepyjean for your stellar investigative efforts! I agree that Bridget's ability to laugh at herself just makes me love her even more. Also, regarding the age debate and leadership as discussed in other posts, I think that leaders come in all ages. Lacey was in leadership roles younger than Bridget is now. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, DanceChick said:

Some competitive studios don't allow their elite dancers to do high school pom/cheer teams. The time commitment is too great and they want them focused on real dance technique, not high school performances.

Yeah, she clearly focused on real dance technique instead.

I think I’ve watched the christmas special at least 5 times today. I was really impressed with the rookies and I think the rookie triangle (Jalyn-Daphne-Bridget) was more impressive than the actual triangle. Also, someone speculated that Daphne might lose SG but I think that would have been one bad night. She was point of the rookies ahead of jalyn and bridget so she’s clearly doing something right.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, go4luca said:

I've always been Team Bridget and apparently I have the unpopular opinion (yet again, lol) in thinking Bridget is pretty enough just the way she is.

Just my 2 inconsequential cents worth. 😉

Speaking of "2 inconsequential cents," let me just say that as I guy, I find ALL of them pretty enough just the way they are.

That's it, I'll leave ;).

• Love 16
20 minutes ago, SanDiegoGal said:

There seems to be radio silence from DCC on my other favorite rookie (besides Bridget) from this last season, Jalyn. We saw nothing of Jalyn's audition solo, virtually no calendar shots, nada. Unless I missed it?  Anyone see, hear, imagine any updates on Jalyn? Bueller, Bueller, ...?

There are 2 pics of Jaylyn in the ProDanceCheer Finals Gallery.  She looks awesome in both,  but I wish we could see the actual performance.

• Love 2

I forgot Bridget was on Rosary! That explains a lot. Rosary is one of the top HS teams in the country. Man, those girls can turn! Dan Sapp puts out a great product.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, SanDiegoGal said:

There is a couple pics of Jalyn in the Star Swimsuit Issue. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 6/29/2019 at 3:31 AM, Tootie said:

Gorgeous!!

hannah gorgeous.jpg

2019-06-28 (9).png

Hannah sure is beautiful 😍 

And my first quick glance at the photo of Miranda, I thought it was Em Roslyn! 

1 hour ago, Kees080 said:

There is a couple pics of Jalyn in the Star Swimsuit Issue. 

Stop taunting us with the swimsuit issue. I still have yet to see 1 picture!!!! Pleaseeee post some. I wish they did the digital edition again so I could buy it. I doubt they will deliver to me in Australia.

They usually send out the pics to the girls by this stage and they've posted them on their own social media. 

• Love 2
Just now, scorpio1031 said:

Gorgeous!  Love the hair color.

There is one more of Jalyn with different coloring to it.  I can't post it now, too many MB I guess.  I'll try again later or tomorrow.  

• Love 3
Just now, Kees080 said:

There is one more of Jalyn with different coloring to it.  I can't post it now, too many MB I guess.  I'll try again later or tomorrow.  

Well, thank you for posting these:)

• Love 3
(edited)
7 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Well, thank you for posting these:)

You are welcome .  😃

If you'd like to see another lady just say who.  Each one has 2 - 4 pictures in the magazine.  

Is this the correct topic to post these?  

Edited by Kees080
  • Love 2
Just now, Kees080 said:

If you'd like to see another lady just say who.  Each one has 2 - 4 pictures in the magazine.  

Molly and Miranda - my faves:)  But only if your computer feels like it...LOL

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Kees080 said:

I'm so torn because there's several I'd love to see, Maddie? Cianna?  I have the feeling you're going to end up scanning that whole issue.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Squeek said:

I'm so torn because there's several I'd love to see, Maddie? Cianna?  I have the feeling you're going to end up scanning that whole issue.

My thoughts exactly. 😉 Lol.  So many beautiful ladies. I started a list. Ha! 

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Kees080 said:

Bri 19 Ash 190002.jpg

Phenomenal pic of Ashlee.

She's a funny one for me, I thought she was kind of "regular pretty girl" during auditions last year. Now she looks amazing. One thing you can say about Kelli is she does know how to enhance someone's beauty. (Excluding those occasional misfires where she chooses some weirdly unflattering hair color, but that usually gets corrected over time, if a girl sticks around long enough.)

• Love 14

Love, love, love Jalyn! She was one of my favorite rookies because of her dancing. These photos now show her natural beauty as well. 

Ashlee is absolutely stunning! I loved her story last season as a rookie, and I love that she brings a completely different life experience to the team.

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Phenomenal pic of Ashlee.

She's a funny one for me, I thought she was kind of "regular pretty girl" during auditions last year. Now she looks amazing. One thing you can say about Kelli is she does know how to enhance someone's beauty. (Excluding those occasional misfires where she chooses some weirdly unflattering hair color, but that usually gets corrected over time, if a girl sticks around long enough.)

There are a lot of girls that look great after their rookie makeover, but by the time they come back for their second or third years, it's like Kelli rethought her initial opinion and they look even better - different style, different color, etc

• Love 2