Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

I dont know why this bothers me but Taylor (and Gabby last year) always have their hose sticking out of their uniform in pictures .... someone needs to help this poor girl ...I dont see any other DCC with this problem ????

tuck it in.jpg

31 minutes ago, ByTor said:

giphy.gif

I love this and yes ...Brennan looks amazing 🙂

17 minutes ago, lah715 said:

I dont know why this bothers me but Taylor (and Gabby last year) always have their hose sticking out of their uniform in pictures .... someone needs to help this poor girl ...I dont see any other DCC with this problem ????

tuck it in.jpg

I've seen a few others where it's just barely peeking above the top of the shorts but not like this. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Having really dug into this week’s episode finally, I can recap that Meredith is lost and ends up whining and crying, VK is edited to appear like she’s the second coming, we critique girls on guest choreo that has nothing to do with DCC style, and Kelli is tortured at how difficult it is to make final roster cuts.  Good grief.  There is literally one episode of this show now, and it keeps playing on a time loop.  

A few things that stood out to me ...

I find it interesting that they keep the girls in the same small groups for guest choreographer critique.  You have Kat, for instance, who appears elevated because the rest of her rookie small group made show group, so she skates by less noticed, while the Meredith/Lily/Madeline group gets ripped apart every time.  Seems counter-productive because that latter group just gets more and more in their heads because of it and, therefore, dances worse each time.  

Meanwhile, Kelli comments it’s “the same girls, the same comment of ‘no’ from too many guest choreographers.”  News flash  Kelli - CUT THOSE GIRLS.  Why are you dragging it out again?!  And of that bottom of the bunch, 2 of 3 MAKE THE TEAM?  That means 2 other girls who aren’t on anyone’s cut radar get dumped at the last minute (Julia!).  So what are we going through this whole charade for anyway?!  Why parade these guest choreographers in and ask them to rank people if Kelli doesn’t intend to listen?  It’s all just becoming a huge joke to me to have a 10-week training camp in the first place. 

I was impressed with Madeline’s maturity in that office visit.  She’s a beautiful girl, and seems to have a solid head on her shoulders.  I didn’t take Kelli to be as awful as others did in that scene.  To be honest, I’m not really sure why she (Madeline) would choose this DCC path either.  Sure, Mom was a DCC.  But if you really want to be a professional dancer, I don’t know that a few year sidetrack to go shake your assets in power Pom for drunken football fans is the right move.  And Kelli totally could have cut her then and there if she wanted to.  So I’m chalking this one up to another instance of Kelli not realizing how bad her own edit is sometimes.  

Finally, this is the third episode in a row where they have asked the guest choreographer about point.  THEY are making a big deal about it this year, so I’m assuming we’re going to get some detail on how they ultimately decide not only on the alternating point but also where Lexie came from to round out the triangle since she’s been a ghost this season!

Edited by ClosetDCCFan
  • Love 19
4 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I just think she’s a poor manager in general. She’s passive aggressive and the type that makes everything personal. When someone has screwed up or made a mistake, she always make it into a character flaw. She’s catty. (see her interactions with Colby). She’s goes between treating DCC like a sorority in one respect and a job in another (an example is how she treats point and show group as if they’re the heights of prestige in the DCC org but has gotten upset on 2 occasions when she’s demoted people and they’ve sought clarity - guess what, in real jobs, people want clarity on their status. The “just be happy to be here” is sorority talk). Different girls are consistently held to different standards (see weight issues). She plays favorites. VK is just the most obvious example but certainly not the first.

Now, I think she presents a good product to the public and is a fabulous marketer. It’s the managerial stuff that she’s terrible at. And FWIW, I’ve been saying this for years about her. 

Kelli seems to have become more jaded after Kalyssa Alexandra and Milan bailed ... then next season you had Holly/Jenna fiasco along with Erica nonsense ... I can see how you would want to make sure you are not fooled a third time ... unfair to take it out on someone else for what others do but I can see how bitchy she comes across sometimes 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I am on #TeamAlanna and I think she is great. That's why I know her face and I am convinced that her nose is distinctly different this year.   

I am looking for more side pictures of her but in this picture one can clearly see that her nose has changed. The tip is less round and her dorsal bridge is narrower and straighter.

2091113147_Screenshot2019-09-24at16_06_13.png.ddcbc276621b0f186c6f507dc7562a3a.png

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, ClosetDCCFan said:

where Lexie came from to round out the triangle since she’s been a ghost this season!

Since I began watching these programs, for several years now, I always noticed that just a few of the rookie candidates were shown dancing, speaking, and even shown prominently sitting in the front on the floor.  I even noticed the episode this year in the beginning when the girls were taught some DCC choreography and then the judges watched them on the large screen, the selected rookies were the first ones on the field.  They were in front of ALL of the others walking out on to the field.  That just doesn't occur by happenstance.  There were others who were "ghosts" so to speak, as ClosetDCCFan said.  I always wondered who these other girls were and why we never saw them.  This year is no exeption with Julia. 

My theory now is that the girls really are chosen before camp.  The DCC have scouts going to dance schools, colleges, etc. who actively search for girls to look at long before tryouts.  That has to be the explanation for why certain girls seem to be given HUGE amounts of time to progress during TC (Meredith, Kat) and others are rapidly shown the door. This year the "ghost" (I like that term as it is really fitting) is Julia.  No one posting here can figure out the true reason that she has been ignored, when it's obvious the guest choreographers have NOT ignored her.  No one can figure out why such a horrible dancer such as Meredith was selected over Julia.   

• Useful 3
  • Love 11
23 hours ago, DCCdazzle said:

Now if she was there every single night, then why would she address the TCC as if she had not seen them in awhile??  Just wondering.

Because she and Judy had been on vacation for 10 days. Evan was the first guest when production started back up. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 18
15 minutes ago, DCCdazzle said:

Since I began watching these programs, for several years now, I always noticed that just a few of the rookie candidates were shown dancing, speaking, and even shown prominently sitting in the front on the floor.  I even noticed the episode this year in the beginning when the girls were taught some DCC choreography and then the judges watched them on the large screen, the selected rookies were the first ones on the field.  They were in front of ALL of the others walking out on to the field.  That just doesn't occur by happenstance.  There were others who were "ghosts" so to speak, as ClosetDCCFan said.  I always wondered who these other girls were and why we never saw them.  This year is no exeption with Julia. 

My theory now is that the girls really are chosen before camp.  The DCC have scouts going to dance schools, colleges, etc. who actively search for girls to look at long before tryouts.  That has to be the explanation for why certain girls seem to be given HUGE amounts of time to progress during TC (Meredith, Kat) and others are rapidly shown the door. This year the "ghost" (I like that term as it is really fitting) is Julia.  No one posting here can figure out the true reason that she has been ignored, when it's obvious the guest choreographers have NOT ignored her.  No one can figure out why such a horrible dancer such as Meredith was selected over Julia.   

This is right on. I remember a past season with a petite, pretty little lady from Mexico who got zero airtime until the day they decided to cut her. It was the same thing with Lily last year. I practically forgot she was there. Honestly though, if CMT is picking who to feature I can see why Lily was not chosen. She is absolutely average looking and she is dull,dull, dull. No quirky, funny personality, in fact she almost comes off as robotic when she speaks. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

I just think she’s a poor manager in general. She’s passive aggressive and the type that makes everything personal. When someone has screwed up or made a mistake, she always make it into a character flaw. She’s catty. (see her interactions with Colby). She’s goes between treating DCC like a sorority in one respect and a job in another (an example is how she treats point and show group as if they’re the heights of prestige in the DCC org but has gotten upset on 2 occasions when she’s demoted people and they’ve sought clarity - guess what, in real jobs, people want clarity on their status. The “just be happy to be here” is sorority talk). Different girls are consistently held to different standards (see weight issues). She plays favorites. VK is just the most obvious example but certainly not the first.

Now, I think she presents a good product to the public and is a fabulous marketer. It’s the managerial stuff that she’s terrible at. And FWIW, I’ve been saying this for years about her. 

Spot-on critique!  I agree 100%.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Donna S said:

"chewy bacon"

That comment did come with context, though.  Kelli told Kelsey that if she were bacon, she would be chewy, as in not crisp.  It actually made sense to me.

58 minutes ago, Jennv said:

I remember a past season with a petite, pretty little lady from Mexico who got zero airtime until the day they decided to cut her

Karen who sang "Star Sprangled Banner" 🙂   I loooved her!!  I wish she re-auditioned the following year.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10

Every year they comment how the field will determine if a TCC will be able to make it or not.  Anyone know why they wait so long into Training Camp before getting the girls into the stadium?  I can understand that learning/perfecting choreography takes time and works best in studio, but you would think getting in there and practicing on their actual stage would be beneficial.  

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Agree to all this PLUS her new found in ability to stand by her own decisions.  She is bringing in all of these guests to try to justify her decisions so that she doesn't have to take the heat for them.  And sometimes it back fires 🙂

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

That comment did come with context, though.  Kelli told Kelsey that if she were bacon, she would be chewy, as in not crisp.  It actually made sense to me.

Karen who sang "Star Sprangled Banner" 🙂   I loooved her!!  I wish she re-auditioned the following year.

Her hair was way too long and thick and completely swallowed her up cause she was very petite.   She had went through a makeover too, and I was shocked they didn’t cut it and/or do something.  A shorter, lighter and more stylish hair cut may have really helped her chances.

Of course if the poster who speculates that the intent all along was to cut her, maybe that’s why they didn’t do anything drastic.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

A shorter, lighter and more stylish hair cut may have really helped her chances.

I thought her hair was very stylish.  Perhaps a bit too long for her frame, but I thought she and her hair were gorgeous.

Speaking of stylish hair, I loved Kelli telling Jax when she was a TCC that her hair was outdated, it needed to be teased.  LOL ok Kelli, teasing is the epitome of stylish 🤣

• LOL 13
  • Love 7
12 hours ago, Pinknblue said:

WTH Kelli.... DCC is not a stepping stone? How can it be anything else, when the average tenure is like 3 years. Is this supposed to be the peak of someone’s entire life experience???

wow. 

You were spying on me, weren’t you? That’s almost exactly what I yelled at the screen during that little exchange.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
25 minutes ago, Pj3422 said:

You were spying on me, weren’t you? That’s almost exactly what I yelled at the screen during that little exchange.

Me too!! Like, aren't these ladies also expected to work and or go to school???? Do those count as stepping stones?? A high school graduate has experienced so little everything is a stepping stone in comparison. What would happen if Harvard university told students we get offended by those who see us as a stepping stone. Geez comon. Kelly barks out each season about ladies going on to do even bigger things having been empowered through being a DCC. WTH???? What happened to Madeline should be a lawyer...that's not better than being a DCC? Uggggg, just ugg!

• LOL 2
  • Love 11

I find it interesting that they keep the girls in the same small groups for guest choreographer critique.  You have Kat, for instance, who appears elevated because the rest of her rookie small group made show group, so she skates by less noticed, while the Meredith/Lily/Madeline group gets ripped apart every time.  Seems counter-productive because that latter group just gets more and more in their heads because of it and, therefore, dances worse each time.

I like the way the groups were assigned based off of personality and leader skills. I don’t know how that process could be more fair. You practice with vets and rookies in your small group all week. Watching the 5-6 vets in your small group and fixing corrections from your group leader is how you improve. Definitely think trying to emulate vets in your small group would be way more effective than performing in front of guest choreographers with stronger rookies for a couple of minutes. I would think it is more difficult to be shown with your small group of 9 knowing you have to perform in front of guest choreographers next to vets. Kat has taken a lot of critique being next to the other rookies in her small group. It was nice to see her perform well that night. 

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Is that Victoria behind her?  IMO she looks good.

Also a few seconds in, looks like Meredith screwed up.

Agree on Victoria...and yes Meredith did mess up/was behind.  Molly looked awesome 🙂

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, heckkitty said:

pro dance cheer has an unhealthy obsession with Rachel W. They ALWAYS have at least half the pics of her. 

That's understandable in my opinion. You have to keep in mind she is extremely photogenic ;).

• Love 9
7 hours ago, Jess14 said:

^THIS!  I created my account in 2015 and can verify that you have, indeed, been saying this for years.  And I could not agree with you more.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Charlotte Jones-Anderson said, "The impression that they leave, on the fans that they meet, is the number #1 priority and reason why we have the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders." 

I was at the Miami game. I saw the small group perform on the outside stage and I rented binoculars to watch the DCC on the sidelines. I did not see any snarky-back stabbing girls, no fat girls, no terrible performers or any bad facial expressions. I did see the expressions on the faces of those who watched them, especially the children. They were happy, enthusiastic, entertained and delighted.

Personally, I saw only powerful-polished squads, great performers and passionate girls who work very hard to represent the Dallas Cowboys brand. They are a credit to the the brand and a model of strong minded, empowered women.

• Love 23
On 9/23/2019 at 3:30 PM, MyFavShows said:

So allegedly one weekend in CA w/ Ashley is worth $75K?  And a spot on the DCC can be purchased for $75K?

Sounds pretty far fetched.   And Ashley was the second highest scoring rookie at finals and allegedly a good dancer, she can’t make the squad on her own merits she has to resort to essentially prostitution to get a spot on the team?

And sounds like this guy is a grade A jerk making these kinds of deals w/ these girls. 

Also, Ashley and Lexie are really close friends, Ashley was in Lexie's wedding.  Kelli and Judy clearly love Lexie, she's at the front of the triangle and is a second group leader (I think?).  I'm not sure why they'd listen to Lisa over Lexie.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I love that Molly was chosen sideline sweetheart.  I think she is adorable and seems genuine and grounded.  Am I the only cynic that fears she was picked so that VK could be featured dancing behind her?  VK garnered quite a bit of screen time.  Almost as much as Molly

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, ByTor said:

It made sense to me too.  I like the visual food references; another one I like in the same vein (not crisp) is ‘noodly’ … 😂

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Yes, she does.  Also FAR too many pictures of Rachel W.  When they only show 8 pictures and at least 3 of the individual pictures are of Rachel W. . . 

But...But...every pose is like a picture.  Kelli said so herself.  It's like she strikes a pose or something...

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Pj3422 said:

Well, to be fair, back in Kelli's day it wasn't a stepping stone to the Rockettes, it was a stepping stone to a big big big stone, aka the engagement ring.

• LOL 13
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

I am curious how Julia's cut is handled on the show.  Reportedly, Kelli told Julia that she fears she was just using the DCC to further her career with Fox Channel 4 in Dallas.  Some have also reported that Charlotte said it was a conflict of interest for Julia to be on Channel 4 and a DCC, but I get the impression Charlotte just doesn't like Julia.  At any rate, I'm curious how they'll present it on the show

I am dying to know, too!  If they do us like they did with Jalyn (leave us with NO answers!), I swear I am going to throw something at the TV and break it and never watch any TV again.  I like Julia (and Lisa, too!), but I have to say that Julia has some of the most amazing hair ever.  The cut is so phenomenal!  It moves beautifully when she dances.

• Love 4
21 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Beyond the fact that Madeline did not even give off the impression that she’s a social climber, the whole “stepping stone” comment was ridiculous since this is supposed to a so-called part time job. Last I checked, part-time jobs that can’t financially support an adult are supposed to be stepping stones. Kelli truly believes that DCC should be the highlight of every girl’s life. If Madeline wants to go on to dance on Broadway, good for her. Broadway is more prestigious than DCC whether Kelli likes it or not. Same with Jacie and the Rockettes.

Amen to all of this! Madeline S seems like a smart, talented girl with a good head on her shoulders & she could be successful in any career. Given the fact that, since they have to audition every year, being a DCC doesn't mean you have job security, Madeline is smart to have a backup plan for a career. Just because Kelli got to be director doesn't mean that everyone else can have a ready made job waiting for them in the organization once they retire. Madeline would make a beautiful Rockette.

• Love 12

Evan Miller pointed at AMANDA not VICTORIA when he said she was full of energy so thanks Auntie Kelli for again showing us your nepotism. Wtf? Y’all know how I feel about what she did and I don’t feel she deserved to come back and I think she danced all right  so they don’t have to keep shoving her down our throats okay CMT? Auntie Kelli? 

im glad I wasn’t taking shots each time Meredith cried because I’d be,,,

DEAD.

Kelli was  a complete cu next Tuesday to Madeline, but I thought she handled it with grace. I hope she comes back and high kicks Kelli in the ear! I never saw her doing anything that terrible. Meredith (with her nails on a chalkboard voice) otoh is constantly messing up and then crying and whining. Way worse than Christina btw. She reminds me of Morgan is season 8. She couldn’t remember shit and also whined.

Madeline and Shaina should have made it over Kat and Meredith. Kat is pretty funny and sooooo awkward.

My favorite this year is Amanda which is weird because I didn’t like her at first. 

Ashlee, Hannah, Rachel A, And I’ve loved Amy since her rookie year. 

I don’t think Kelli is a good director and haven’t since last year. She’s mismanaged several situations. This whole tough love thing just comes off bitchy and rude when she keeps the worst dancer because she cries. 

• Love 17
6 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

I am curious how Julia's cut is handled on the show.  Reportedly, Kelli told Julia that she fears she was just using the DCC to further her career with Fox Channel 4 in Dallas.  Some have also reported that Charlotte said it was a conflict of interest for Julia to be on Channel 4 and a DCC, but I get the impression Charlotte just doesn't like Julia.  At any rate, I'm curious how they'll present it on the show

So am I. Julia tried out several years ago before she was on TV, then did Mavs. She was on UT Pom, which is a huge deal at Texas- it’s obvious she loves dance. So if Kelli did say that, she’s REALLY grasping at straws. 

Now I’ll buy Charlotte just not liking her as a reason she’s cut. She has final say over the final squad. 

The entire Julia cut stinks to high heaven.

• Love 16
6 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

So am I. Julia tried out several years ago before she was on TV, then did Mavs. She was on UT Pom, which is a huge deal at Texas- it’s obvious she loves dance. So if Kelli did say that, she’s REALLY grasping at straws. 

Now I’ll buy Charlotte just not liking her as a reason she’s cut. She has final say over the final squad. 

Considering it was on her resume/application that she worked for the news station as a fill-in, why the sudden interest in her per diem position? She covers the weather not gossip for crying out loud.  

• Love 11
6 hours ago, J-R said:

I love that Molly was chosen sideline sweetheart.  I think she is adorable and seems genuine and grounded.  Am I the only cynic that fears she was picked so that VK could be featured dancing behind her?  VK garnered quite a bit of screen time.  Almost as much as Molly

I doubt that’s why, but VK is definitely noticeable even when dancing in the background.  She looks super pretty at the very end - like the last 4 seconds - you can’t help but see her. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

I doubt that’s why, but VK is definitely noticeable even when dancing in the background.  She looks super pretty at the very end - like the last 4 seconds - you can’t help but see her. 

Not if you're a Molly fan:)  It's so nice to see her acknowledged this year, but I guess it's normal once some girls retire, new ones get featured. 

57 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

The whole Kalyssa thing happened two seasons ago, and yet now, Kelli is concerned about TCC's who might be using the DCC as a stepping stone??  So, what happened to make her paranoid?

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Opine said:

I am dying to know, too!  If they do us like they did with Jalyn (leave us with NO answers!), I swear I am going to throw something at the TV and break it and never watch any TV again.  I like Julia (and Lisa, too!), but I have to say that Julia has some of the most amazing hair ever.  The cut is so phenomenal!  It moves beautifully when she dances.

Just from watching them dance and what they look like, I would definitely pick Julia myself.  They are both great dancers, but I think Julia dances more feminine and sexy than Lisa - and her figure is just adorable.  Beautiful hair too like you said.

To me Lisa dances too powerful, almost like a gymnast, and I’m just not into that type of dance style as much.  She also has a short neck and a stockier figure.  All these things are personal preference though - the DCC decision makers may see it differently - and I guess there could be other things involved besides dance and looks - we shall see.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, J-R said:

I'm not going to say "never," but IIRC, DCC social media hasn't highlighted "Sideline Sweetheart" before...  They will post who the Game Day Girl is, but we usually find out who the SLS is from the girl's personal social media.  I find it interesting that this is the first one that they've posted.

eta: I just went back and looked through IG, fb and twitter and I didn't see anything about SLS prior to Molly.  On Ashlee's IG, she posted a video (when she was SLS) from a friend/fan that was at the game.  Also, Savannah posted a IG Story (no longer visible) about her being the SLS at a game. (I think I took a screenshot of it, I'll post it if I find it.)

Edited by Tootie
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5