Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Sadly, my personal opinion is that Marshal isn't the genius that the previous hair stylist was.     I think that may be the reason we don't see the transformations any longer.   

What happened to the previous hairstylist...he used to be a judge also...right?

• Love 2
On 9/23/2019 at 5:32 PM, SmpIsimon said:

I think she just has a lot of excess skin from her  yo-yo dieting and it just moves around in weird ways when she dances. At least that’s what some of the girls on the squad think it is. 

Love all of your insight, but do you agree with the locker room? 

I think that VK will always be on WW, she does not seem to be on of those girls that can ever skip a work out or cheat much. She worked hard to lose the weight I would hate to see her put it back on(and I'm not a VK fan) I mean she was working out relentlessly and with a trainer, so to me there is no reason her belly should jiggle that much or look like that. I hope K/J say something to her soon or its just gonna get worse. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, MrsEVH said:

Tina wasn't that great looking as a DCC.  JHMO.

Tina was on weight warning all season and didn’t make it back for her veteran year 

Edited by Holly85
  • Useful 5
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, Holly85 said:

Tina was on weight warning all season and didn’t make it back for her veteran year 

That's why there's a few years gap of her being on the team. I looked up the past DCC squads on the website. Tina (Miller) Kalina was on the 1984, 1988, and 1989 squads. Must have not made it back in 1986, 1987 as well as 1985 ( vet year).  Also 1989 was Shelly B's rookie year so she did cheer with Tina too.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

That's why there's a few years gap of her being on the team. I looked up the past DCC squads on the website. Tina (Miller) Kalina was on the 1984, 1988, and 1989 squads. Must have not made it back in 1986, 1987 as well as 1985 ( vet year).  Also 1989 was Shelly B's rookie year so she did cheer with Tina too.

She didn’t come back til then 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Cianna Savannah and Alexis did a video for national pancake day wish I could It won’t let me post it !! So funny tho 

Couldn't they pull their hair back?  I'm imagining hairy pancakes 😞 

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
On 9/24/2019 at 10:12 AM, Jess14 said:

I just think she’s a poor manager in general. She’s passive aggressive and the type that makes everything personal. When someone has screwed up or made a mistake, she always make it into a character flaw. She’s catty. (see her interactions with Colby). She’s goes between treating DCC like a sorority in one respect and a job in another (an example is how she treats point and show group as if they’re the heights of prestige in the DCC org but has gotten upset on 2 occasions when she’s demoted people and they’ve sought clarity - guess what, in real jobs, people want clarity on their status. The “just be happy to be here” is sorority talk). Different girls are consistently held to different standards (see weight issues). She plays favorites. VK is just the most obvious example but certainly not the first.

Now, I think she presents a good product to the public and is a fabulous marketer. It’s the managerial stuff that she’s terrible at. And FWIW, I’ve been saying this for years about her. 

THIS!!! Everything you said is spot on!! Considering Kelli's own daughter has no interest to be a DCC, VK is the closest thing she will have to a daughter on this squad, so as much as I hate it, I know that this is just how it is gonna be. During tryouts I thought that Kelli should have excused herself from deliberating about VK (Just like Judy for Cassie) because there was no way in hell she was going to cut her AGAIN no matter what was said or done. 

Edited by GeorgiaPeach11
  • Love 18
3 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Was Tina's weight struggle mentioned by her or Victoria last season?

Tina mentioned it when she was on the season that she made fun of chandler looking like a grandma as well as Victoria last season 

Edited by Holly85
2 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Was Tina's weight struggle mentioned by her or Victoria last season?

Yes, Victoria said it in her intro last year.  Tina also discussed it with the TCC in season (I think) 12.

52 minutes ago, Amk2017 said:

Honestly, I didn’t think VK looked that great in some of the videos I’ve seen posted.  She looked bigger in the halftime show video where the girls were in the other cowboy costume.  On the performance in the plaza she seemed a bit off because she doesn’t stay in place.  This is the first season I’m not watching the show.  It’s disappointing she’s getting all these glowing remarks when some of them are geared towards other candidates.  I bet it would be hard to be a teammate of hers.  I remember dancing for a team in Texas, there are a lot of politics.  

What bothers me is VK’s mom made fun of Chandler’s smile when VK has just as big or bigger of a mouth.  Every picture I see of her sitting in training camp her front teeth are sticking out.  It’s like she can’t close her mouth, at least Chandler could.  I just can’t get over the favoritism and extra opportunities she gets because her mom is friends with Kelli.  Personally, I think they brought on Kat and Meredith because they are weaker than Victoria.  It takes some of the pressure off of her.  VK dances heavy and is not light on her feet.  Being a former dancer it is easy to spot good and bad technique.  Being a former worker in the football field in Texas, there is a lot of opportunities for kids who are connected.  Makes it harder for those of us who work hard to be there.  I remember being passed up for opportunities because of so and so’s kid who completely sucked.  Life is unfair and I was always nice to them, but everyone in the office knew they were a joke!  I wonder how girls really feel watching the show back and seeing how Kelli talks about Victoria.  Lol end rant.  

This, a thousand times. Victoria’s teeth stick out like a rabbit. That her mommy had the audacity to criticize someone else’s teeth is obnoxious as all hell. 

I would be very, very, surprised if VK makes it 5 years. She doesn’t have the metabolism to stay as thin as they demand. And it will just get worse as she gets older. It is really freaking hard to maintain a weight that is lower than where your body naturally wants to be. Realistically, I just can’t see her being able to do it for 5 years, at least not without adderall

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

The pancake video is hilarious. They all come across as likeable and the hair doesn't bother me. It's DCC, they're not gonna put them in ponytails for media stuff, even lighthearted Insta blurbs.

Idk why, but of the current DCC Savannah (also Madeline Molloy) definitely strikes me as "Most Likely to be on Worst Cooks in America" so her lack of pancake prowess wasn't that surprising 😂 

Edited by PollyHowell
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Don't you make pancakes in full hair and makeup😜

You know, for how much I love baking, I cannot make a pancake to save my life.  Burned on the outside, raw on the inside no matter what I do 😞 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
13 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

But she did end up cutting her.  Last season - long after the panel of judges voted her into TC and gave her a Barbie for her solo - she was cut.   Cassie - much worse dancer, less attractive and also had polish issues - made the squad her first year.

This season, VK was not only the highest scoring rookie, she also out-scored several vets, including some favorites, and got a Barbie again.   Guest choreographers consistently praise her dancing, and in the last episode we saw long running uncut footage of her dancing great.   Plus looks how pretty she is in that recent set of photos?  

I’m sorry, but I don’t see why Kelli needs to do anything this year to get VK “in” - she’s in cause she’s a good candidate for the squad.

Pretty is subjective. I do not find buck teeth pretty, so we have to just agree to disagree. 

12 minutes ago, ByTor said:

You know, for how much I love baking, I cannot make a pancake to save my life.  Burned on the outside, raw on the inside no matter what I do 😞 

Turn the heat down 

• Love 8
22 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

But she did end up cutting her.  Last season - long after the panel of judges voted her into TC and gave her a Barbie for her solo - she was cut.   Cassie - much worse dancer, less attractive and also had polish issues - made the squad her first year.

This season, VK was not only the highest scoring rookie, she also out-scored several vets, including some favorites, and got a Barbie again.   Guest choreographers consistently praise her dancing, and in the last episode we saw long running uncut footage of her dancing great.   Plus looks how pretty she is in that recent set of photos?  

I’m sorry, but I don’t see why Kelli needs to do anything this year to get VK “in” - she’s in cause she’s a good candidate for the squad.

My bad for not putting in the word AGAIN. Meaning Kelli was going to be sure that VK was at her best to make the team if she was gonna come back for a 2nd chance no matter what. Trust me, I recognize VK's hard work and I know that many have made the team prior to her and will make it after she is gone that are far worse dancers. I also think she made the team this year because of her hard work so no argument from me on that. However, VK will always be treated like a daughter by Kelli no matter if we like it or not. 

Edited by GeorgiaPeach11
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, MyFavShows said:

This season, VK was not only the highest scoring rookie, she also out-scored several vets, including some favorites, and got a Barbie again.

Facts that everyone here is well aware of ... And that most here are not that happy about. 😑

Edited by Lona
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, ByTor said:

Everything is better before Marshall touches it.

You are so right about that.  I wish these girls had a voice but I know they can not say a word or Kelli wont consider them for the team.  When they were taking Julia's extensions out and giving her new ones I wanted to scream "NO don't let them do that".  The extensions  Tangerine Salon uses  are very harmful to your hair.   From this pix of Julia it looks like she is not happy about what they did I am sure she knew they were not good for her hair.  FEB94298-F833-44D7-BEC3-462B6164ABB7.thumb.jpeg.2e8c71697b778514ef6205d0abbd567e.jpg.a97582cc95f1905765a83c6f7100a60d.jpg346BC9C3-6957-4D36-89AC-8B0E62EC3463.thumb.jpeg.b6961f4edfc2df265d6c50a0f1d08f2f.jpg.ec9197373072c5c25d2904da4140d692.jpg  

• Love 3

I agree that the prior stylist was MUCH better. Now that old episodes are available you can really see a difference.

I feel that Kelli really pushes a makeover regardless of whether the candidate needs it.  And Marshall seems to always be removing extensions just to do so.  I also personally hate when a stylists insults your current look - you can say that you have an idea that will make you look fresh or whatever, but no need to put down what the client currently looks like. Marshall has done this a few times on camera.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Opine said:

A lot of folks (me included) think that she was the highest scoring rookie and got the Barbie just because of Kelli's influence over the other judges.  Same for the guest choreographers - I've already had my say about the Travis Travesty.  So, the reality is, for most of us, that just doesn't matter.  I mean if only my family votes for the best player on my son't baseball team, duh, my son's gonna win!

So Kelli Finglass is so powerful in the dance industry she has all these big name choreographers like Travis Wall pushing her agenda?   And judges who have been on the panel for over a decade are afraid to vote honestly for this one candidate, but they are not afraid to be honest about  long term vets and other DCC favs like Maddie (who scored lower than VK) or Shelly’s daughter when she was auditioning?

1 hour ago, ByTor said:

I like this one:

image.png.796fc0939eff9fc53ad9ccbfb6c433fb.png

This one is my favorite....

827C49FD-BA83-4A8D-854D-9A6AA6E84C3B.jpeg

• Love 3
1 minute ago, SmpIsimon said:

Marshall is not very talented, IMO, and the things he posts on Instagram are pretty risque (to put it mildly).  I'm surprised the DCC would be affiliated with such.

Shelly and Judy both follow him and I have often wondered what they think of his IG stories.  The story he had yesterday of GRINDR from the gay hook-up ad was not appropriate at all.  I don't know if I can post it on here or I would.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Are there any pics of Meredith dancing at games? I don't hate her at all, even if all she does is cry. But can't understand why she ever made the team. So confused. Why bother. 😕

Edited by IzzyEnd
Typo land
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
37 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

You are so right about that.  I wish these girls had a voice but I know they can not say a word or Kelli wont consider them for the team.  When they were taking Julia's extensions out and giving her new ones I wanted to scream "NO don't let them do that".  The extensions  Tangerine Salon uses  are very harmful to your hair.   From this pix of Julia it looks like she is not happy about what they did I am sure she knew they were not good for her hair.   

OMG YES! Pulling out keratin bonds just to put back in some tape-ins? I'm glad I'm not the only person who that bothered. I would have been pissed if I were Julia because keratin bonded extensions are extremely pricy.

• Love 7
On 9/26/2019 at 4:27 PM, phylogeny said:

OMG YES! Pulling out keratin bonds just to put back in some tape-ins? I'm glad I'm not the only person who that bothered. I would have been pissed if I were Julia because keratin bonded extensions are extremely pricy.

The extensions she had in when she went to Marshall were the kind that don't damage your hair.  She must have gone home and cried when he put those cheap things he replaced them with that damage your hair.  So sad that these girls know they can not have a voice  if  they want to be  a DCC.

Edited by 5678Pixie
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

Goodness - VK looks amazing in those photos.  I know many will disagree, but I think she is just stunning.   Her look is the epitome of that DCC glamour that we saw on the early days of the show.  

From certain angles, she could totally be Judy's kid.  She and Cassie has the same nose.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

I like this one:

image.png.796fc0939eff9fc53ad9ccbfb6c433fb.png

You can buy for 499.99 dollars.  Don't you want this on your wall?  Sorry, I just had to laugh when I saw the links went to Rueters.   I can see my friends blowing these up and taping them on the walls of my office at work.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

How did Kelli not know this?

gettyimages-542502429-27867461d697a947417e7f8760b72b1c96880582-s800-c85.thumb.jpg.ef5285f345396179e134a5114f453dad.jpg

Because she lives in a DCC bubble and thinks what Maddie does is hip hop?  I think this group is more insular than the Amish.  You pick girls just like  you for TCC, you make girls just like you DCC, it's a cycle.  It's the same reason there is little diversity on the squad.  I guess Kelli needs to change her sources of news, since this was all over the press the last two years.  There are NO words, Kelli.  You've got some work to do.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, hathorlive said:

I just had to laugh when I saw the links went to Rueters.

What links?  ETA nevermind, I see you meant the original links to the pictures, duh me.  $499, are they nuts???

2 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

So Kelli Finglass is so powerful in the dance industry she has all these big name choreographers like Travis Wall pushing her agenda?   And judges who have been on the panel for over a decade are afraid to vote honestly for this one candidate, but they are not afraid to be honest about  long term vets and other DCC favs like Maddie (who scored lower than VK) or Shelly’s daughter when she was auditioning?

Honestly I don't think that's so far fetched, especially about their regular judges.  Would the judges have been just as "honest" if Cassie weren't Judy's daughter?

Now, regarding Marshall...here's the thing about Marshall personally that makes me nuts..he mocks us (even screencapped posts here & put on his IG) for being"bullies hiding behind computer screens"...as he does said mocking behind his computer screen on his private Instagram!

52 minutes ago, Tootie said:

What makes Kelli and I laugh?  And they insult others for grammar?

• LOL 8
  • Love 12