Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, ByTor said:

What links?

Honestly I don't think that's so far fetched, especially about their regular judges.  Would the judges have been just as "honest" if Cassie weren't Judy's daughter.

Here's the thing about Marshall personally that makes me nuts..he mocks us (even screencapped posts here & put on his IG) for being"bullies hiding behind computer screens"...as he does said mocking behind his computer screen on his private Instagram!

What makes Kelli and I laugh?  And they insult others for grammar?

lol   Judy just said on Pluto "the girls want to impress Kelli and I."

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
56 minutes ago, hathorlive said:

Several of us have mentioned repeatedly that it's not Kelli's influence in the dance world that prompted the praise from Travis.  It's Travis giving praise based on competition dance bots who fill his sessions at dance conventions.  He makes money off girls like Veruca.   Did you every wonder why the judges on SYTYCD seem so comfortable with some contestants?  Occasionally they slip and mention that they've known these dancers since they were kids.  I believe Mary said this about Benji (she knew his dad quite well and watched him dance for years before he tried out on the show).  And Mia did the same thing with Travis.  Who do you think paid her for years for her classes at dance competitions like Nuvo?  So yes, it is in Travis' best interest to praise the dance bots so he can get more dance bots who want to turn just as badly as Veruca.   Especially since she is in his genre.   

I understand we all have favorites.  But there are facts that are hard to ignore.  

Thanks, I was gonna respond, but you covered it for me.  I am tired......

57 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

How did Kelli not know this?

gettyimages-542502429-27867461d697a947417e7f8760b72b1c96880582-s800-c85.thumb.jpg.ef5285f345396179e134a5114f453dad.jpg

I didn't, but then that's not the kind of news I watch.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Opine said:

I didn't, but then that's not the kind of news I watch.

I didn't know this either but if I was putting it in a dance I would have educated myself.  Some of the girls had to have known but once again they would never speak up to Kelli.  

• Love 6
2 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

And judges who have been on the panel for over a decade are afraid to vote honestly for this one candidate, but they are not afraid to be honest about  long term vets and other DCC favs like Maddie (who scored lower than VK) or Shelly’s daughter when she was auditioning?

Kelli told one TCC that eleven judges voted against her but since Kelli liked her, she still a chance.  So if Kelli wants you, you're in.

• Love 12

Wow!   Meredith really almost hurt other people. I have to applaud whoever was on her left side, that was balancing herself, and pulled Meredith back up.  That first kick line was hideous too.    I'm just hoping no one was injured, because that looked like a total train wreck.  

• Love 1
8 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

gettyimages-1170260090-612x612.jpg.62a76cd418d4b3fa9accc0c1f46ab03c.jpg

This has got to be one of the most wavy jump split lines I've ever seen! Judy must have been yanking out her hair! It looks like the girls closest to the right (looking at the picture) either jumped late or too high. And Taylor...in this pic you can see she's not just gained in her waist & face. Her right thigh is looking thicker too. That's got to make for a rougher landing because the heavier you are, the harder the impact.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Jesiklyn said:

Holy crap with this shot.

One - Jalyns splits are awful and her back leg is so low!

Two - Alannahs facials!

20190927_100831.jpg

I have to defend Jalyn here (and other jump split photos). It’s really hard to get a perfect jump split photo. You only hit the full split in the air for a second, then your legs slowly drop out of the full split.  The photo was likely a mili-second or two after Jalyn hit a full split. She was dropping her back leg a little early, but in practice, it goes so quick that it’s hard to have perfect sync on this.

At least the way I was taught - your outside knees and thighs hit the turf first, not your pelvis. You don’t hit the ground in a full out split. That’s why pointing your toes in a turned out position is crucial, so your heel doesn’t catch the turf. My college team was the same.

my high school coach would yell and scream if your pinky was at the wrong angle in a photo (true story) but rarely complained over a wonky jump split photo as long as toes were pointed.  

The Rangerettes have the best jump split photos I’ve ever seen, but even they get an out of sync photo on occasion.

Meredith is going to hurt herself.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 16
25 minutes ago, Bellisima08 said:

This has got to be one of the most wavy jump split lines I've ever seen! Judy must have been yanking out her hair! It looks like the girls closest to the right (looking at the picture) either jumped late or too high. And Taylor...in this pic you can see she's not just gained in her waist & face. Her right thigh is looking thicker too. That's got to make for a rougher landing because the heavier you are, the harder the impact.

Who is the brunette next to rookie Taylor who is closer to the ground than everyone else?

2 hours ago, hathorlive said:

Because she lives in a DCC bubble and thinks what Maddie does is hip hop?  I think this group is more insular than the Amish.  You pick girls just like  you for TCC, you make girls just like you DCC, it's a cycle.  It's the same reason there is little diversity on the squad.  I guess Kelli needs to change her sources of news, since this was all over the press the last two years.  There are NO words, Kelli.  You've got some work to do.

We should give her a test on current events.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
57 minutes ago, IrishJig said:

I have to defend Jalyn here (and other jump split photos). It’s really hard to get a perfect jump split photo. You only hit the full split in the air for a second, then your legs slowly drop out of the full split.  The photo was likely a mili-second or two after Jalyn hit a full split. She was dropping her back leg a little early, but in practice, it goes so quick that it’s hard to have perfect sync on this.

At least the way I was taught - your outside knees and thighs hit the turf first, not your pelvis. You don’t hit the ground in a full out split. That’s why pointing your toes in a turned out position is crucial, so your heel doesn’t catch the turf. My college team was the same.

my high school coach would yell and scream if your pinky was at the wrong angle in a photo (true story) but rarely complained over a wonky jump split photo as long as toes were pointed.  

The Rangerettes have the best jump split photos I’ve ever seen, but even they get an out of sync photo on occasion.

By complete coincidence Pluto just showed Season 4 jump split clinic with veteran Meredith Ogden. Clarification that her feet hit the ground first, then legs, then pelvis.

(I really don’t think that was how I was taught but it’s been 15 years since I performed a jump split, so I defer to Meredith O., former Rangerette)

Regardless, you don’t hit the ground in a full split.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Wow!   Meredith really almost hurt other people. I have to applaud whoever was on her left side, that was balancing herself, and pulled Meredith back up.  That first kick line was hideous too.    I'm just hoping no one was injured, because that looked like a total train wreck.  

I think we are seeing where the messy game things are coming from. I've never seen a kickline go that bad on MTT.  I'm usually shocked at fast they seem to pick it up.  This was the worst kickline they've every shown on the show.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, ByTor said:

Rainer Schneck? He owns PIN salon in Dallas.

I don’t remember what season it was...but, Rainer and Kelli were at odds over a TCC’s hair. He seemed pretty angry. They called in another stylist and I think that stylist sided with Kelli on the TCC’s hairstyle. Rainer seemed very upset and commented that he and Kelli do not always agree on the style/color. I’m sure he was annoyed that his opinion was being overlooked...he is the expert on hair. When he was replaced and/or left, I wasn’t surprised. I was sad but not surprised. I felt he always did a great job on the girls hair. 

Does anyone recall what season this was? 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Pksbena1 said:

I don’t remember what season it was...but, Rainer and Kelli were at odds over a TCC’s hair. He seemed pretty angry. They called in another stylist and I think that stylist sided with Kelli on the TCC’s hairstyle. Rainer seemed very upset and commented that he and Kelli do not always agree on the style/color. I’m sure he was annoyed that his opinion was being overlooked...he is the expert on hair. When he was replaced and/or left, I wasn’t surprised. I was sad but not surprised. I felt he always did a great job on the girls hair. 

Does anyone recall what season this was? 

Season 7 - Danielle

8 minutes ago, DCCdazzle said:

Ugh, Meredith, AGAIN...mistake after mistake after mistake..

It's like watching Breelan all over again down to the terrified look on camera

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
10 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Isn't it great having Pluto 24/7 - so easy to remember things and so easy to find examples to use while arguing about a current season:)

I own seasons 3-12. Got Season 13 for free when Amazon (?) had that one free day to download. Season 14...not feeling it. Season 1-2....would LOVE to own. Love those seasons. It wasn’t a reality show back then...it was about real women working hard to make the team with no drama....but, yes....Pluto 24/7 is my go to tv now! 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, hathorlive said:

Several of us have mentioned repeatedly that it's not Kelli's influence in the dance world that prompted the praise from Travis.  It's Travis giving praise based on competition dance bots who fill his sessions at dance conventions.  He makes money off girls like Veruca.   Did you every wonder why the judges on SYTYCD seem so comfortable with some contestants?  Occasionally they slip and mention that they've known these dancers since they were kids.  I believe Mary said this about Benji (she knew his dad quite well and watched him dance for years before he tried out on the show).  And Mia did the same thing with Travis.  Who do you think paid her for years for her classes at dance competitions like Nuvo?  So yes, it is in Travis' best interest to praise the dance bots so he can get more dance bots who want to turn just as badly as Veruca.   Especially since she is in his genre.   

I understand we all have favorites.  But there are facts that are hard to ignore.  

But almost all the DCC candidates are “competition dance bots”.   With the exception of someone like Kat, how do you think they learned how to dance?   I bet 90% of them did competition dance growing up and trained at competition studios.    What’s w/ this assumption that VK was the only one who did dance competitions and conventions and who may know some of these guests?   There are videos online of a good portion of them doing solos at dance comps - they all did them. 

Those SYTYCD types come to my daughter’s studio sometimes and they call out girls in their workshops that they think stand out - guess what, they still are the best dancers.  They aren’t going to lie and just pick people that aren’t good just to kiss up to their moms.  Lol. 

And nothing stated in the above post is a “fact that’s hard to ignore”.   It’s speculation and assumptions about industry choreographers compromising their professional integrity for what exactly?  To say they knew a girl when she was young?  And lots of dancers get scholarships to future conventions when they perform well at one location - it’s not uncommon for good dancers to earn them and not pay, that’s probably all that happened to Mia - it’s not a conspiracy.

Edited by MyFavShows
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
40 minutes ago, Pksbena1 said:

I own seasons 3-12. Got Season 13 for free when Amazon (?) had that one free day to download. Season 14...not feeling it. Season 1-2....would LOVE to own. Love those seasons. It wasn’t a reality show back then...it was about real women working hard to make the team with no drama....but, yes....Pluto 24/7 is my go to tv now! 

I also own 3-13 on Amazon.  Didn't watch it much, but when it came to Pluto, I watched more cause I wanted to keep up with the Past Seasons thread:)  But yes, enjoyed it so much more back then.  To me, watching girls struggle to make the team is already a drama.  Watching a vet trying to keep her spot is a drama.  I don't need any edited or fabricated drama.

49 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

“Love your hair,” says Rainer, who spent 12 years as the Head Stylist for the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders. “It’s unique to you.

I wonder what he would have said in Season 8 when all the stylists wanted to chop off Jinelle's hair.  Like Jinelle, I love Derek, the lone stylist, who saved her:) 

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, VirgoDCCFan said:

RE Ranier @ PIN Salon (I can't get the board to cooperate to quote the post I need to quote)...did Billy on the PIN staff work with Ranier @ Premier Atelier Salon & Spa?

Had to look him up - I thought he did???

9 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Had to look him up - I thought he did???

Billy sure looks familiar but I really didn't pay that close attention to the makeovers tbh

3 minutes ago, beagledog100 said:

Is there a reason that they don’t practice dancing with boots on earlier in the season?  You would think they’d want as much time practicing in boots as possible.

I've wondered that too.  I think they make a point of handing out the boots later rather than sooner so the girls "earn" them (JMO)

9 minutes ago, VirgoDCCFan said:

Billy sure looks familiar but I really didn't pay that close attention to the makeovers tbh

Ok, just looked at season 7 - he is the one Kelli brings over to get his opinion on Danielle's hair color after "discussing" it with Ranier:)

• Love 3
58 minutes ago, beagledog100 said:

Is there a reason that they don’t practice dancing with boots on earlier in the season?  You would think they’d want as much time practicing in boots as possible.

I can only assume that it's so they don't have buy 45 pairs of Lucchese boots when they're only going to need 36 pairs for the season. Or maybe they get them for free since the head of the company is a judge?

And I feel like in the past they may have done boots and across the field on the same night and then wondered why everyone was a mess. 

But it does seem silly to wait six weeks to give them the tools they need to perform.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

I can only assume that it's so they don't have buy 45 pairs of Lucchese boots when they're only going to need 36 pairs for the season. Or maybe they get them for free since the head of the company is a judge?

And I feel like in the past they may have done boots and across the field on the same night and then wondered why everyone was a mess. 

But it does seem silly to wait six weeks to give them the tools they need to perform.

I believe Shelly has said that they use old boots (from previous years) during training camp -- they have a closet full, so how many they need (45 vs. 40) shouldn't be an issue.

ETA: They wouldn't even need to come up with 40 (or 45 earlier) "new" pairs of boots since all of the returning vets/rookies would already have a pair. They would only need to find boots for the new TCCs.

I would think that it might be that they initially want to concentrate on learning the routines.

Edited by hannahbanana
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

You are so right about that.  I wish these girls had a voice but I know they can not say a word or Kelli wont consider them for the team.  When they were taking Julia's extensions out and giving her new ones I wanted to scream "NO don't let them do that".  The extensions  Tangerine Salon uses  are very harmful to your hair.   From this pix of Julia it looks like she is not happy about what they did I am sure she knew they were not good for her hair.  

See I thought that tape-in extensions were actually much better for your hair, since the keratin bonds can really pull at the root and cause traction alopecia, whereas tape-in are easier to remove and lie more gently on the root - then again, I honestly don't know much at all about them on a practical basis.  I'd wanted extensions, but I chickened out when I saw how many horror stories were out there about them.  Could it be because of how it looks when it flips?  I kind of feel like keratin bonds might possibly make hair look really stringy in DCC motion.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, beagledog100 said:

As a former NFL cheerleader from Texas, the white boots get very dirty. We practiced in the older ones and saved our new boots each season for game days and appearances. They were rather a pain the keep looking good. The turf is not kind. 

• Love 9
13 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

I didn't know this either but if I was putting it in a dance I would have educated myself.  Some of the girls had to have known but once again they would never speak up to Kelli.  

They can’t rip the girls for not knowing about current events, and they themselves be oblivious to something like this.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
16 hours ago, VirgoDCCFan said:

Are she and Sam Finglass the same age and how old are they?  For some reason I'm thinking Victoria's older....?

Sam is older...she and Dayton are close to the same age and Dayton just turned 22.  I think Sam is just a little older than her. 

Edited by Kayce
14 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

And Meredith looks terrified. 

At least her split jump looks ok  😛 Rachel W....she is the most photogenic of the group...she is mid-air and still looks great. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, IllegitimateDCC said:

Noticed Gina changed her Instagram profile image. Looks new.

71886303_2369115020073246_6962659371461378048_n.thumb.jpg.1de201300784b2f8d59568ec39de2f38.jpg

What a great and powerful dancer! She is up there with the likes of Melissa Wallace, Megan Carcioppolo, Holly Powell.

And she is such a great team member! I still appreciate how much she helped Gina Marie when she was on TC. Heart-warming. I fear that we will lose her and Jalyn next year. 

😭

Edited by Pau84
change
  • Love 11
15 hours ago, hathorlive said:

You can buy for 499.99 dollars.  Don't you want this on your wall?  Sorry, I just had to laugh when I saw the links went to Rueters.   I can see my friends blowing these up and taping them on the walls of my office at work.

Oh I bet Tina has them plastered all over the mansion. 😁

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

I found a few videos on youtube that I don't think have been posted in here yet.

Thank you for sharing -- re the middle video:  So proud of the Cowboys who carefully observe the no fraternization clause they had to sign with their contract. They conscientiously huddle up in a circle facing one another and do not make eye contact with any of the lovely ladies who surround them.  They know they should really exit the field, but apparently they are in the midst of some sort of professional game and it would be even worse form for them to head to the locker room at this time.  If the unthinkable should occur and one of them is released from the team over this glaring infraction, they're prepared to huddle up again offering hugs and reassurance that God has another plan for the punished player. 

Edited by PattiD4DCC
  • LOL 11
14 hours ago, IrishJig said:

Meredith is either going to hurt herself or take someone out ...yikes!

• Useful 1
  • Love 2