Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

51 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Someone said they no longer have them stay so late because they were paying them to wait around.  That is why cuts are being done in the middle of practice.  I assumed that since those were filming nights they were getting paid by CMT as well.  I wonder if they were mentioned in the lawsuit anywhere??  

The bad thing is that the girls walk out by themselves now and that's it.  Cheryl walks in to take them to the office and you can just see the looks on everyone's face.  CMT claims this was going to be a more positive year, but I don't see how.

I feel bad for the girls who are having to walk out alone, but if that allows the rest of the team to leave at a decent time, that’s an appropriate trade off IMO. Someone like Brennan shouldn’t have to wait until 2 am to wait and see if someone (who she may or may not be close too), gets cut. She actually has a job that she has to wake up for in the morning. 

• Love 14
54 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I feel bad for the girls who are having to walk out alone, but if that allows the rest of the team to leave at a decent time, that’s an appropriate trade off IMO. Someone like Brennan shouldn’t have to wait until 2 am to wait and see if someone (who she may or may not be close too), gets cut. She actually has a job that she has to wake up for in the morning. 

Lauren and Rachel A would post IG stories from the gym at like 5:30 in the morning.  I remember thinking that I hoped they got out early the night before.

It will be interesting to see what else is affected this season because of this.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

CMT claims this was going to be a more positive year, but I don't see how.

Well look at it this way.  At least they are driving home safer than when they were doing so in the wee hours.  As someone who has driven home on fumes after an 18+ hour shoot day, I do see that as a positive.

• Love 17
6 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Someone said they no longer have them stay so late because they were paying them to wait around.  That is why cuts are being done in the middle of practice.  I assumed that since those were filming nights they were getting paid by CMT as well.  I wonder if they were mentioned in the lawsuit anywhere??  

The bad thing is that the girls walk out by themselves now and that's it.  Cheryl walks in to take them to the office and you can just see the looks on everyone's face.  CMT claims this was going to be a more positive year, but I don't see how.

I could’ve sworn the cut girls gets walked to the car by security to be sure they are safe, or that’s what I saw on last few episodes unless I am blind.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I still think it has to do with Malena going so crazy.......

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
20 hours ago, ByTor said:

I guess I don't see what others do, I never got the fuss TPTB made over Jalyn.

I'm the same way.  Don't get me wrong, I really like her, but she blended to me.  

• Love 6

I have been going through the thread since Sunday but haven’t seen anything about the alternate situation.

Please correct me if I’m wrong. So first game Rachel A. sat out and second game Kat sat out. Does anyone know what happened with this last game? Thanks. 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, ByTor said:

I'll actually give Tina a pass, if the photo was already in the gameday program it was fair game.

Exactly....my thoughts as well.  Anyone can now share the photo...regardless of whether they have a daughter on the squad or not 🙂

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Cruisegirl said:

Taylor T, and Jasmin came back but didn’t make it to TC 

10 hours ago, KatieC said:

Malena too. 

Even with all the talk about Malena and her meltdown last season, I completely forgot about her.  I think there was also talk about Taylor T. coming back and I forgot about her as well.  That makes at least 6 girls from last year's Training Camp who came back, but only three who made it to this year's Training Camp.

• Love 1

Idk y'all but Bridget, she has always remind me the actress Rachel Weisz that's why i find her soo beautiful and unique of the rest of the girls and has appeal (i dont findAlexis P beautiful)  i know some of you dont find her attractive, but she is definitely not overrated and she is also a very well trained dancer ( for me, the best dancer in the room) and definitely will get point in 2 years if she stays long enough. I love her she is my fav.

randb.jpg

Edited by MadisonWu
  • Love 18
6 hours ago, CrazyEve said:

I could’ve sworn the cut girls gets walked to the car by security to be sure they are safe, or that’s what I saw on last few episodes unless I am blind.

Oh I meant that when they come out there are no other girls to hug or cry with 

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Idk. I definitely think they should be paid more for the hours that they put in, but making it a "real" part-time job seems more realistic than paying them all $75k, IMO.  There's no need to be having them there until 2 a.m., or to refuse to work around school schedules (as Milan indicated). Other than group leaders, I don't really see the need for 36 full-time cheerleaders, when they could simply show more respect for their time, so they could maintain full-time jobs more easily. 

Now, could the Cowboys afford it? Sure, but as much as I respect their dance ability and value, the football team is still the draw. Certainly, the gameday experience (and my tv viewing experience lol) wouldn't be the same without the DCCs (other NFL teams, I don't think the cheerleaders are noticed as much), but they're not pro ballet dancers or broadway performers, who are required for a production of Swan Lake or the Lion King; they're not nurses, who the hospital could not function without, they're not teachers, who the school couldn't go on without; they're not prosecutors or public defenders, who you could not have a justice system without, etc. Basically, the game could go on without them. 

Well I don’t give a shit about football. The only reason I would ever go to a game, watch a game, or care about the Cowboys is to see the dancers. And I LOVE power pom dance. I love it more than ballet, more than broadway. So I want to see it continue and I want to see girls have the pay that enables them to dedicate their entire lives to it. Football or any sport is really just not the same without cheer. I’m sorry I just don’t actually care much about sports. It’s the dancers that are the only draw for me.

• LOL 2
  • Love 13
6 hours ago, Opine said:

I still think it has to do with Malena going so crazy.......

But didn't Malena get cut mid-practice last year? If I remember correctly, they were out practicing on the field and Cheryl came and got her and they took that looong golf cart ride (that had to be torture) to Kelli's "office" there. The very end of last season seemed to be the start of mid-practice cuts -- before Malena's meltdown.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I would guess that you’re the exception not the norm though. 

I’ve never been to a home cowboys game but when I’ve seen some clips posted, the stadium often looks pretty empty for their pregame show. People aren’t getting there early to see the cheerleaders. They get there on time to see the game.  Just my impressions! I love this show and cheer, but other than when my daughter is cheering, in there for football, not the cheerleaders. 

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, ClosetMTTfan said:

I would guess that you’re the exception not the norm though. 

I’ve never been to a home cowboys game but when I’ve seen some clips posted, the stadium often looks pretty empty for their pregame show. People aren’t getting there early to see the cheerleaders. They get there on time to see the game.  Just my impressions! I love this show and cheer, but other than when my daughter is cheering, in there for football, not the cheerleaders. 

Most people are still in line also for food and drinks as well and standing in the standing room only to eat bc there are tables 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 4

I live in a soccer country and I absolutely love the sport. There is only one soccer team here that has cheerleaders and most people think they don’t belong in the sport. But every time a team uses thunderstruck music while warming up I really really miss the DCC... I’d definetly love to go to a Cowboys home game once in my life and I’d only be going for the cheerleaders lol. The only reason I sometimes go to basketball games is to watch the cheerleaders... but I know that I’m totally in the minority and for most people it’s the sport or a least the overall entertainment of game day that counts. 

Back on topic, i feel so disconnected from this season. It always takes me a couple of days before i get to watch the new episodes and I feel like i don’t even know all the TCCs yet. I literally had no idea who Taylor was. It’s like i only really know Meredith and Kat (who doesn’t really seem to be taking anything seriously, but that’s probably an act)

• Love 1

Did anyone read Sharon Grigsby's piece in The Dallas Morning News on the DCC? Yeowch!! 

1 hour ago, Preity said:

Back on topic, i feel so disconnected from this season. It always takes me a couple of days before i get to watch the new episodes and I feel like i don’t even know all the TCCs yet. I literally had no idea who Taylor was. It’s like i only really know Meredith and Kat (who doesn’t really seem to be taking anything seriously, but that’s probably an act)

I doubt I will be watching next year. Now that Kashara and Lacey are gone and retired, it no longer feels like the glory days 

Edited by tinabee1967
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

But didn't Malena get cut mid-practice last year? If I remember correctly, they were out practicing on the field and Cheryl came and got her and they took that looong golf cart ride (that had to be torture) to Kelli's "office" there. The very end of last season seemed to be the start of mid-practice cuts -- before Malena's meltdown.

Yes, that's true.  I had heard scuttlebutt here that maybe that melt down was much worse (and maybe longer) than we saw.  So, I thought maybe K&J or even some of the cheerleaders were made uncomfortable by it......

• Love 2
1 hour ago, DanceProf said:

Since this is the spoilers thread and we already know who made the team, then what are appropriate topics in this thread?  

People who only watch the show don’t know who made the team yet! 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, OhFFS said:

This is DCC... NONE of it is important. 😉

Hell, Whaddaya mean by this...,..,!?My very existence depends on this ; each time I hear the theme tune I get the urge to do a high kick , we receive scraps here in uk, no access to all the episodes, I swear I’d pass out if I found a way. A life without DCC is no life at all 😩

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, MadisonWu said:

Idk y'all but Bridget, she has always remind me the actress Rachel Weisz that's why i find her soo beautiful and unique of the rest of the girls and has appeal (i dont findAlexis P beautiful)  i know some of you dont find her attractive, but she is definitely not overrated and she is also a very well trained dancer ( for me, the best dancer in the room) and definitely will get point in 2 years if she stays long enough. I love her she is my fav.

randb.jpg

2 years?! She better be point next year!

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

Facebook post from MTT: “She's back (as a guest choreographer!) KaShara is back in the studio to help Kelli and Judy find that all-important new point of the ️! Tune in for a new episode of Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making the Team this Friday at 9/8c on CMT!”

1: Of course Amy has her mouth wide open 😂

2: This hot mess of a point situation is partially Kashara’s doing? I like Kash and all, but BOOOOOOO. 

3: Gina (post ten avocados) for point! 

4: Or Heather? Or shoot, I can even see Lexie at point. Sigh.

B219D3E3-6A8F-43B4-9676-747B4F2DA5B7.jpeg

Edited by kalibean
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, kalibean said:

Facebook post from MTT: “She's back (as a guest choreographer!) KaShara is back in the studio to help Kelli and Judy find that all-important new point of the ️! Tune in for a new episode of Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making the Team this Friday at 9/8c on CMT!”

1: Of course Amy has her mouth wide open 😂

2: This hot mess of a point situation is partially Kashara’s doing? I like Kash and all, but BOOOOOOO. 

3: Gina (post ten avocados) for point! 

4: Or Heather? Or shoot, I can even see Lexie at point. Sigh.

B219D3E3-6A8F-43B4-9676-747B4F2DA5B7.jpeg

I was very surprised that Gina was not made point. I’m anxious to see how the decision was reached 

• Love 6
On 9/10/2019 at 11:03 PM, scorpio1031 said:

The bad thing is that the girls walk out by themselves now and that's it.  Cheryl walks in to take them to the office and you can just see the looks on everyone's face. 

I agree that its very hard to watch them leave in the middle of practice & then have to walk out without their teammates. On the one hand I get why K&J are doing it this way so that that no one has to stay longer than they need to (and then they don't have to pay them for that time), but it sucks for the girls who are leaving. Now they don't have that moment of group support with shoulders to cry on in the immediate aftermath of getting cut. I mean maybe they make plans to meet up later after the others finish practice, but still..they have that lonely walk out to their car now.

Edited by Bellisima08
  • Love 4

Just dropping in to say it appears over the last day or two we seem to have passed the record for most replies on a DCC thread with 309 pages, breaking the previous record of 307 pages held by "Finals, Trying Camp and Social Media" from 2018. We did it everybody! 😂🤣😂.

CONGRATS!

(Or maybe this isn't the top thread? Maybe there was a longer one but it's since been deleted? If so, then I apologize for spreading incorrect info haha.)

Sorry for the quick change of subject, just thought it was cool. Now back to your discussions 😉

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Lona said:

Just dropping in to say it appears over the last day or two we seem to have passed the record for most replies on a DCC thread with 309 pages, breaking the previous record of 307 pages held by "Finals, Trying Camp and Social Media" from 2018. We did it everybody! 😂🤣😂.

CONGRATS!

Milkshakes for everyone!!!

• LOL 21
  • Love 2

Someone mentioned the shorts being so low-rise that the waistbands of their tights are showing.  This is a snip of 2nd year Taylor, and yeah, it is bad.  Nobody wears these low rises anymore, I think they should go back to the kind of shorts Shelly wore.

image.png.ce57ac13ca3647cbc98deeb6d209aab4.png

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Someone mentioned the shorts being so low-rise that the waistbands of their tights are showing.  This is a snip of 2nd year Taylor, and yeah, it is bad.  Nobody wears these low rises anymore, I think they should go back to the kind of shorts Shelly wore.

I'd also like to know what kind of underwear they wear as well. They don't wear tights during cameos and squad photos and it doesn't look like there's anything under their shorts. 

4 minutes ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

I'd also like to know what kind of underwear they wear as well. They don't wear tights during cameos and squad photos and it doesn't look like there's anything under their shorts. 

At fitting it always looks like they are wearing bikini type underwear, you can always see the VPL when the seamstress is doing her hemming.

• Useful 1
1 minute ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

I thought is was the seam where the shorts were rolled. 

That's what I thought at 1st, but the lines are visible before the seamstress tucks the hem of the shorts.

22 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

Didn't Malena get cut mid-practice last year? If I remember correctly, they were out practicing on the field and Cheryl came and got her and they took that looong golf cart ride (that had to be torture) to Kelli's "office" there. The very end of last season seemed to be the start of mid-practice cuts -- before Malena's meltdown.

I think Amy Simone got cut before practice even started unless it was during it. Kyndall might have gotten cut that same night but after practice.

1 hour ago, ByTor said:

I like those Dolphin's skirt things.  I think they balance the top better.

• Love 3