Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

28 minutes ago, loveanddcc said:

The photo they just posted shows 34 girls, both Kat and Meredith are in uniform. Savannah, Alexis, and Christina are missing...

The hip hop outfits if so Christina came on ig story in that uniform talking abt the hip hop half time 

Edited by Holly85
1 hour ago, iwtv123 said:

Not sure which thread to write this in but...does anyone else find it interesting Lacey is dating Trevor who used to date Rachel W? Sorry if this topic has already been mentioned

Yeah it is interesting. Trevor Knight used to date Sadie Robertson too. It’s kind of like Mandy’s ex boyfriend now dates Christina (though Mandy and Christina were never on team at same time). 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

She was a Miami Dolphins cheerleader for 2 seasons (2017-18, 2018-19). She got into trouble  with the law near the end of her 2nd season. She did make it to MDC training camp this year but did not make it back on the team.

Now, this is the same girl (Whitney) who Kelli said didn’t have the DCC look (or didn’t like her look) & even told her that when she was cut...but the girl came back the next year & auditioned & K said the same rude remark during their deliberations when her picture came up...(?!?!?)

Thanks

Funny how I can remember what happened on earlier shows, but can’t for the life of me know who Hannah or Alexis are...

Edited by BBK
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, TinyHands said:

They literally participated in Meet the Team!! They have uniforms, lockers, and cheer at the games. What is the standard for being on the team? 

Even when the Maverick’s dancers had to “try out” for each halftime performance, no one said they weren’t on the team. 

1ADDB499-AD39-4FD8-8B51-A217D173E969.jpeg

6A28BB5F-0AFE-4BAD-AA30-3D3A7E9BF865.jpeg

Meredith is stunning but that cameo is terrible. She looks like her back is hurting her and she can’t stand upright.

2 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

image1 (16).png

image1 (30).jpeg

Gotta say, Gina is absolutely bringing it in this photo. Maddie should go home or at least stop trying to act ‘swag’. It ain’t gonna happen.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Gotta say, Gina is absolutely bringing it in this photo. Maddie should go home or at least stop trying to act ‘swag’. It ain’t gonna happen.

HaHa...I would be doing the Brennan pose... 🧞‍♂️

Edited by BBK
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

Do you see her retiring? For all the hate Jenna got for not moving on from dcc due to not having anywhere to go, Maddie gets a free pass... but she’s definitely on the same boat.

Yeah, but isn't Maddie a 4th year girl? Jenna was like 5 or 6 when she retired, right?

11 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Meredith is stunning but that cameo is terrible. She looks like her back is hurting her and she can’t stand upright.

That's Maddie's studio stank face.  Everything about her dance is manufactured in the studio.

• Love 5

Gina can do no wrong in my eyes! 😍😍 I don’t even know what to think about all these girls missing and alternates, but I will say based on dancing alone, Victoria definitely dances better than Kat and Merideth.

i love Gina, but tbf, I loved Erica, and you see how that turned out.

it has taken me a long time to catch up and I’m having to force myself to watch these episodes (I’ve watched 4 I think-to where they cut two in the middle of practice), and Travis was sucking Victoria’s butt. He definitely knows where his bread gets buttered. 😂 my daughter was watching it with me and mocked him every time he said Victoria- it was pretty funny. What she did last year was shitty, but since she’s a completely different person, we should all forgive her, right? 😂☺️ The joys of youth! Honestly, she seems to blend because I haven’t noticed her except when Aunt Kel seems to feel the need to stick her in our faces.

Poor Kat, what the hell?! She’s pretty, but damn. She reminds me of Kalli and Karissa, and maybe Alexandra. They just did not have the studio training and struggled like crazy. She must really get it together to make the team because she is just...yikes.

We don’t see Merideth a lot, and I figure there’s a reason for that. (She probably doesn’t dance great.) 

this season is a hot mess. I’m interested to see how the performance looks today.

• Love 5
25 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Why does the girl in between Tess and Amanda look like Jenn K to me? Lol I know it's not her but that was my first thought. I'm assuming it's Miranda. 

It's OK at first glance I thought Caroline Sundvold  was Lauren Parker

40 minutes ago, Lily80 said:

Yeah, but isn't Maddie a 4th year girl? Jenna was like 5 or 6 when she retired, right?

IIRC 6th

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

It's OK at first glance I thought Caroline Sundvold  was Lauren Parker

IIRC 6th

Speaking of Caroline, I don't like that lighter hair on her. I know a lot of people do, but it's just not a good color IMO. I hate that orangey light brown.. whatever it is. Ha

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Which group is this? Don't think I've seen this routine/heard this song before...

Lisa's hispanic ?(if this has been covered I haven't seen it) ^^^

What have they done to Hannah's hair? Looks orange!

The video is group 3 

• Love 4
Just now, DCCFanInKy said:

Which group is this? Don't think I've seen this routine/heard this song before...

Is Kelli aware that pictures are out on social media of the cheerleaders and Victoria isn't  front and center in any of them. This could be bad for the rest of the team. 

Just now, DCCFanInKy said:

Now we know why Lisa is on the team.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Alexis looks bored... i know she is beautiful and she might be a good teacher, but considering that 2Gl going on to be GL if they don’t retire, i really can’t see her front and center leading a group.

I don’t see her being bored !! But it’s also hard to see her face bc of the sun 

Madeline, Julia, Alexandra, and Shaina are the only remaining cuts, right? Madeline is only a step above Kat and Meredith, IMO, so her cut makes sense. However, I’m curious as to the reasons why the other 3 get cut. 

Meredith appears to be a Kelli favorite, so I think that explains why she makes it - as an alternate. As weak as Kat is, I think she has looked fine in some of the DCC choreo dance clips. Meredith always looks like she’s a half step behind. At the end of the episode when she was praised for stepping up, i thought she looked awful during that dance. 

I continue to be underwhelmed by Lily. Julia is stronger than her IMO.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, BBK said:

Now, this is the same girl (Whitney) who Kelli said didn’t have the DCC look (or didn’t like her look) & even told her that when she was cut...but the girl came back the next year & auditioned & K said the same rude remark during their deliberations when her picture came up...(?!?!?)

Thanks

Funny how I can remember what happened on earlier shows, but can’t for the life of me know who Hannah or Alexis are...

Yes that's her.  She was a on the AA Ice Angels for 1 season (2016-17) and then came back in 2017 to audition for the DCC again.

She and a couple of  TX girls went to FL that summer and auditioned for the MDC and made the team. If she wouldn't have had her arrest she probably would be back on the team. 

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

I don’t see her being bored !! But it’s also hard to see her face bc of the sun 

I meant her dancing is kinda off and looks bored, not her expression! 

Edited by dreamcatcher
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, Weeklydcc said:

VK was point for the rookie performance at the VA hospital.

I just rewatched this portion of the episode and the girls were supposed to be in 2 lines, Victoria was supposed to be in the middle of the first line beside Amanda. However, as we all know VK can’t dance in her spot so she was too far forward and made herself point of the group 😂

• LOL 17
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, MelissaB326 said:

I just rewatched this portion of the episode and the girls were supposed to be in 2 lines, Victoria was supposed to be in the middle of the first line beside Amanda. However, as we all know VK can’t dance in her spot so she was too far forward and made herself point of the group 😂

Of course she did!  

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
58 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

The video is group 3 

It's such a shame. Heather really stepped it up this year and she's been hidden in TS. At least she's GL. Christina looks good in this too. Maybe she stepped it up too being in the same group as Bridget, Amber and Jaylyn! 

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, JayDKay said:

It's such a shame. Heather really stepped it up this year and she's been hidden in TS. At least she's GL. Christina looks good in this too. Maybe she stepped it up too being in the same group as Bridget, Amber and Jaylyn! 

I am a big fan of heathers always have been 

• Love 9

I thought Heather coming back was a sign she was going to be point. I thought it was a lock between her or Lexie. I thought everyone suggesting Gina as point was crazy, I’m mind blown that it is shared between Maddie and Amy. Heathers barely visible in the triangle whatsoever ... even Tess is more prominent than her. Didn’t see that coming. 

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, Stee said:

I thought Heather coming back was a sign she was going to be point. I thought it was a lock between her or Lexie. I thought everyone suggesting Gina as point was crazy, I’m mind blown that it is shared between Maddie and Amy. Heathers barely visible in the triangle whatsoever ... even Tess is more prominent than her. Didn’t see that coming. 

I honestly think this is heathers last year since she struggled with her choice to come back this year 

• Love 1
17 hours ago, KatieC said:

No. There was speculation only. 

Edited to add that I have also seen speculation she was cut as a result of media training and/or because she works with a station that competes with the station the Cowboys contract with. 

I know for sure she was in a car accident near the end of training camp, I don’t know if that had anything to do with her cut.  

Edited by klh25
  • Love 2
On 9/6/2019 at 8:35 PM, ClosetBachJunkie said:

Oh, is THAT what he said? To this day I've never understood that line. Now I need it on a t-shirt.

Yes!!! I'm not sure if it's been on a t-shirt, but I'm sure I've seen that quote printed on something. There's another Sanderson sister that VK reminds me of. The blond one named Sarah. I mean Sarah spends most of the movie dancing in her own world with her arms waving, hair flying & going amok.  Maybe Charm should choreograph a dance number set to "I'll Put A Spell On You." Actually I think they are overdue for a change to the number that's usually done around Halloween. They've been doing that one set to the Brittney Spears song for a while now.

giphy.gif

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, JayDKay said:

Christina looks good in this too. Maybe she stepped it up too being in the same group as Bridget, Amber and Jaylyn! 

Women I know have had increased overall self-confidence after breast augmentation.  I think that is what we are seeing with Christina.  She loves her new body and it shows in the way she dances.

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, MelissaB326 said:

Oh, she has plenty of long time practice in finding ways to draw attention to herself

56 minutes ago, Blue hues said:

Re VK in the group photo...  she really has become a caricature hasn’t she!?!

What is the name of the DCC mascot - the one with the pigtails?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

If the girls vote for ROTY, she’s got no shot. They kiss her ass to stay in Kelli’s good graces, but behind the scenes, VK is despised. 

@Smplsimon - Any chance you can tell us which rookies are most well-liked? Maybe just a name or two of someone who has made a good impression on the vets? Curious to know (secretly hoping my fave, Chandi, is a good teammate :-)).

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, BBK said:

HaHa HaHa HaHa...be nice... ☮️💜💃🏻

I know:)  I think Victoria is pretty underneath that blonde that does nothing for her, and all the makeup she is piling on.  I don't understand why they can't go with a soft glamour look for her.

Something like this:

• Love 8

It's super hard to get a good screenshot but the insta story on dcc of group 4 shows the lines are a complete mess. And its Gina that's the worst. She is up in front of everyone by a couple of steps and in her own line.

20190909_120119.gif

• Love 1

Ok, time for my musings on this week's episode:

I liked Charm's choreography & the way she gave feedback to each girl. She knows how to mix honesty with kindness & you can tell she really wants them all to succeed. One observation is that she is one of the few choreographers who doesn't seem to be trying to kiss up to Kelli & Judy & fall in line with them.

I loved seeing Kashara again. She seems to have let her hair go to a bit of a darker blond which looks great. I would love for her to be the regular "on-call" mentor instead of Melissa R.

I am really feeling bad for Cheryl when she has to go out into the practice room to bring a girl into the office. To have all those eyes on you must be so uncomfortable. In past seasons the other girls would all be waiting in another room while she brought whoever was summoned into the office. Now you can practically hear girls whispering under their breath "don't come up to me!" Also poor Lauren. When she started crying my heart broke for her.

I was so happy for Shaina to get some positive attention from a choreographer & from Marshall. She is so pretty & seems to have a really lovely attitude. You could tell that K&J were really impressed with her as she talked about the visit with the Veterans. She would make sure a great ambassador so I really hope they tell her to try out again and that she decides to. So far I've seen nothing that justifies her being cut. I do wonder if the death of her friends plays a role, like maybe the sadness of losing them takes her head out of the game. I mean grief can impact your sleep, eating habits & immune system to name a few things. I guess we'll just have to see how it plays out.

So far, I'm still seeing no reason for Kat and Meredith to be making the team in any capacity over someone like Julia. Meredith is pretty & has a great attitude, but I didn't see that moment of her fighting for it like the one choreographer said she was. As for Kat, she seems to just be scraping by. Maybe they are good with the whole alternate thing because they are just glad to be part of it, but I think its a a bit dismissive of them & a bit unfair in the sense that they could have gotten a job somewhere else that allows them to do more. Alternate just seems like a very thankless position.

Loved the visit with the Veterans. How they all keep from getting emotional while talking with them is beyond me. I'd be a weeping mess after hearing some of those stories. I could have done without seeing VK front & center during the dance. Dear God please don't let that be a sign of things to come. Also her hip hop outfit was not flattering on her. It made her torso look very rectangular.

Lastly, that preview for next week floored me. I usually like Cheryl Burke, but to see her being so rough on Jalyn shocked me. She's always seems so easygoing on Dancing With the Stars & it just seems odd that K&J would cut Jalyn based on just Cheryl's feedback.

All in all, while Charm elevated the episode a bit, it was still just ok. Looking forward to show group auditions play out.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, jlc said:

PART 1:  Is Kelli aware that pictures are out on social media of the cheerleaders and Victoria isn't  front and center in any of them. This could be bad for the rest of the team. 

PART 2:  Now we know why Lisa is on the team.

Part 1:  Hahahaha, I like that!

Part 2:  I think she is on the team because she is a powerful cheerleader and a cutie!  I think somewhere way up someone covered that she is 1/2 Hispanic, raised by a single mom, has an excellent degree from an excellent school and high medical ambitions for the future.  I so much prefer that to the life goal is to be a DCC girls.  I think it makes them perform better too because they know this is just a pause in their life, not the highlight of their life. 

I didn't check out whether she made the WOC list because I don't care.  I want the best people for the job, not quotas.

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

Just posted on Twitter!

DCC is just trying to scream "Look at how diverse and inclusive we are!" with the Lisa segment and now this.  I find this video super awkward with all the girls standing behind her just smiling. They should have just done it with Kristin. 

• Love 20