Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

Just now, DCCFanInKy said:

Pretty sad that tattling and lying are "approved" from such a "World Class" organization.

and that is why VK will never being accepted as a "legitimate" DCC no matter how she dances.

• Love 15
Just now, scorpio1031 said:

Or Cassie

5 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Tattling is actually required based on both inside info we’ve gotten in the past and the whole jenna/holly thing. Even if it wasn’t ‘approved’, well I guess lying isn’t approved either but they seem to accept it if it comes from vk...

Yes it seems that tattling and lying are only "approved" if it comes from a "legacy"

• Love 11
22 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Yes it seems that tattling and lying are only "approved" if it comes from a "legacy"

Not so much ... I got the impression Ally Traylor and Sarah Gorley did their fair share of some of what the "legacies" are being accused of 🙄

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, lah715 said:

Not so much ... I got the impression Ally Traylor and Sarah Gorley did their fair share of some of what the "legacies" are being accused of 🙄

Maybe -- but they didn't wash out of TC the first time out and then come back to TCC and not only make the team but make SG.  They were also group leaders I believe.

VK was excused because of her mom -- she is never going to get around that -- the same way that Cassie will never get around the fact that she made it back her last year after injury because of Judy.

Jay was right -- if she had been other candidate she would not have made it back.  (Yes, I know Danielle made back after injury, but maybe she shouldn't have.  On the other hand, she obviously worked her ass off to get back to where she needed to be.)

Unfortunately the hypocrisy and lack of consistency is rampant -- we can all bitch about it but there it is.

Edited by MTTFan
  • Love 12

If you're injured on the job and can't get your spot back after four years on the team because you haven't recovered 100%, that seems like total BS to me.  Brooke Sorenson got the same grace.  I do think they pick and choose on that front, but there was already a precedent set for such things.

Maybe the DCC need an "injured reserve" spot on the roster!

Edited by kalibean
  • Love 13
4 minutes ago, MTTFan said:

Maybe -- but they didn't wash out of TC the first time out and then came back to TCC and not only make the team but made SG.  They were also group leaders I believe.

VK was excused because of her mom -- she is never going to get around that -- the same way that Cassie will never get around the fact that she made it back her last year her last year after injury because of Judy.

Jay was right -- if she had been other candidate she would not have made it back.  (Yes, I know Danielle made back after injury, but maybe she shouldn't have.  On the other hand, she obviously worked her ass off to get back to where she needed to be.)

Unfortunately the hypocrisy and lack of consistency is rampant -- we can all bitch about it but there it is.

Cassie making it back for her last year ... was deserving .. she had 4 years invested and hurt on USO tour not on her own time  ... Giving a pass to a veteran as apposed to an unknown trying out is apples and oranges and the Judges voted her in anyway ... I highly doubt they were afraid of Judy and if Charlotte approved then why not ... if I were hurt at a job and put in years I would hope they would show some support and keep me.   They kept Brooke and she was just one year in ... I think injuries just depend on the dancer. 

I am trying to understand the hypocrisy ... Danielle not voted in second year yet kept ... Brooke hurt during training camp and basically out all season yet kept .. Kandi hurt her 3rd season and looking at her weight should have been let go yet kept .... VK (Legacy) brought into camp gained weight and couldnt keep up with dance and let go .... Cassie (legacy) barely making training camp and not put on SG until 2nd or 3rd year... 

I guess its just they way every person views a situation .... Morgan SUCKED and yet put on because of an obligation to someone ... I am thinking Kat also was a favor spot to someone in the organization or close to it ..

7 minutes ago, kalibean said:

If you're injured on the job and can't get your spot back after four years on the team because you haven't recovered 100%, that seems like total BS to me.  Brooke Sorenson got the same grace.  I do think they pick and choose on that front, but there was already a precedent set for such things.

Maybe the DCC need an "injured reserve" spot on the roster!

I totally agree ... cannot understand why they dont pick 36 regulars and 2 alternates like the do for show group ... look what happened a couple years ago with rookies and vets not completing their season.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, DanceProf said:

First Jenna got in trouble for NOT tattling on Holly then everyone hated her for tattling on Erica.  These women can't win. 

Is this about Erica being caught in the stands when she was supposed to be in the locker room?

• Love 1

I'm mostly joking about the injured reserve - the All Stars fill in for performances as needed, so they've got that covered.  But if a veteran needs to be put on desk/ambassador only duty while they recover from an injury, that legit makes perfect sense to me.  That's what would happen if they were injured during the regular season, so why not also during camp?  They're being punished for timing?  That's silly.  I see why they wouldn't do it for a newbie TCC that hasn't yet proven themselves to the organization, though. 

IMO, since there are just a handful of football games, most of their actual time in uniform is spent on ambassador duties anyway.  It's not like they're Rockettes, doing 3-5 shows a day and just a tiny bit of ambassador type duties.  The DCC is a dance job, sure, but a very different animal than most actual dance jobs.

Show Group is an interesting thing to me as well...back when Cassie was on the squad, they did full tours and variety shows.  Her singing and tumbling abilities gave her a little extra, even though her dancing was in the lower quartile for the squad.  I don't think they do those same types of performances now, though.  

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, kalibean said:

I'm mostly joking about the injured reserve - the All Stars fill in for performances as needed, so they've got that covered.  But if a veteran needs to be put on desk/ambassador only duty while they recover from an injury, that legit makes perfect sense to me. 

That was Cassie's 4th knee surgery.  I think that is why the story was going around that she never did the rehab on it that she should to rebuild the strength.  She would just go back to pro cheer, stunts, dance, etc, and put pressure on it.  And I don't remember if she ended up doing kick line her last season.  I think someone said she wasn't doing kick line on the USO tour.  But being a DCC for her 5th season was what she and mama wanted.

15 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

That was Cassie's 4th knee surgery.  I think that is why the story was going around that she never did the rehab on it that she should to rebuild the strength.  She would just go back to pro cheer, stunts, dance, etc, and put pressure on it.  And I don't remember if she ended up doing kick line her last season.  I think someone said she wasn't doing kick line on the USO tour.  But being a DCC for her 5th season was what she and mama wanted.

Yeah, that's bananas.  Call me crazy, but I would prefer to be able to function normally in my non-athlete years.  FOUR SURGERIES!!  I mean, there's your sign.  I'm sure Andrew Luck wanted to keep making his millions too, but at some point you just want quality of life.  And it's not like the DCC are bringing in NFL money.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, kalibean said:

Yeah, that's bananas.  Call me crazy, but I would prefer to be able to function normally in my non-athlete years.  FOUR SURGERIES!!  I mean, there's your sign.  I'm sure Andrew Luck wanted to keep making his millions too, but at some point you just want quality of life.  And it's not like the DCC are bringing in NFL money.

Right? When she has to use a walker at age 55 she will definitely be kicking herself

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
22 minutes ago, Jennv said:

Right? When she has to use a walker at age 55 she will definitely be kicking herself

She'll get her new knee before that...and most likely be wondering why she didn't do it sooner...

5 minutes ago, Jennv said:

Just saw a news report that Erica’s lawsuit settled and as a result the squad got a raise

Oooh, they'll be making about $20k unless my math is way off...

• Love 2
3 hours ago, MTTFan said:

Having said that -- if the girls aren't supposed to approach the K/J directly whatever is going on is probably filtered through the group leaders.

That's one of the strangest things I've heard here.  What's the problem with the girls just "speaking" to K&J?  And what happens if a cheerleader needs to talk to K&J before the GL's are named?

I looked at CMT's episode guide, and for this Friday's episode they have a blurb about makeovers, so I'm not expecting much time devoted to that.    I really like the makeovers, and wish they showed much more of that.    I have read that Marshall's salon (Tangerine I think) does DCC type makeovers, and I'm wondering if a lot of aspiring DCC go there before tryouts, and some probably do a consultation, and then get the makeover during training camp

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

That's one of the strangest things I've heard here.  What's the problem with the girls just "speaking" to K&J?  And what happens if a cheerleader needs to talk to K&J before the GL's are named?

I thought it was kind of weird too.  I think it was on Milan's podcast.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, MTTFan said:

Maybe -- but they didn't wash out of TC the first time out and then come back to TCC and not only make the team but make SG.  They were also group leaders I believe.

VK was excused because of her mom -- she is never going to get around that -- the same way that Cassie will never get around the fact that she made it back her last year after injury because of Judy.

With Danielle though i believe it was quite unfair she was judged on an injury so fresh-she literally injured her foot during rehearsals for her solo. That’s something you know will be fixed before the first month of tc is over the latest. Cassie’s problem was much more severe.

2 hours ago, DanceProf said:

First Jenna got in trouble for NOT tattling on Holly then everyone hated her for tattling on Erica.  These women can't win. 

I honestly don’t get what happened there considering that they’re still friends.

1 hour ago, kalibean said:

No offense and i may sound mean, but is she completely crazy? Not that I was ever a Cassie fan, but now I also think she’s completely stupid and I blame Judy too. You don’t put yourself through that just to have the honor of dancing in underwear. What the hell? And she was also an accident waiting to happen-we all saw her almost taking down these poor guys during the pink halftime rehearsal.  That right there should have been a termination reason for Judy. You don’t risk a career ending injury on behalf of unsuspecting people just to get a stupid ring (or whatever they get for the 5th year) for your daughter. 

I’m just glad Cassie and VK had some years apart because I can’t even with them.

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, lah715 said:

They kept Brooke and she was just one year in ... I think injuries just depend on the dancer. 

Deryn was also injured and could not do leg lifts for a few weeks.   And had to go to the DCC doctors for it.  They sure did not want to let her go and I don't blame them.

• Love 5

I know the Jenna and Holly situation has been talked about so much but I just wanted to say some things. I know she was supposed to be a leader and all it was her job, and she should be setting a good example and blah blah blah. Lol but I'm sure Jenna was enjoying partying with players and stuff as much as Holly was, so why should/would she tell her not to do that? When Kelli was asking her if she just watched her friends drown and make bad choices and not say anything, why was that her responsibility? When Jenna was doing the same thing, except not drinking/going to a bar underage. Why would she be expected to tattle on Holly when she was right there with her? That wouldn't make sense. Ha 

And certainly in other people's lives, they might have underage friends that they drink with or buy alcohol for. Not that's it right, I'm just saying. We should help our friends make good choices and they had rules about those kinds of things. But Jenna was participating in it and having a good time presumably. So it's like why was that all she was seemingly in trouble for, not stopping Holly..of course it was probably more than that, but they didn't really show it.

Edited by pinkandsparkly13
Added more
  • Love 9
13 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

Deryn was also injured and could not do leg lifts for a few weeks.   And had to go to the DCC doctors for it.  They sure did not want to let her go and I don't blame them.

WOC, good storyline with the hurricane (Katrina?), decent dancer

ETA didn't she dance for the NO Saints?

Edited by DCCFanInKy
Added something.
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

With Danielle though i believe it was quite unfair she was judged on an injury so fresh-she literally injured her foot during rehearsals for her solo. That’s something you know will be fixed before the first month of tc is over the latest. Cassie’s problem was much more severe.

I honestly don’t get what happened there considering that they’re still friends.

No offense and i may sound mean, but is she completely crazy? Not that I was ever a Cassie fan, but now I also think she’s completely stupid and I blame Judy too. You don’t put yourself through that just to have the honor of dancing in underwear. What the hell? And she was also an accident waiting to happen-we all saw her almost taking down these poor guys during the pink halftime rehearsal.  That right there should have been a termination reason for Judy. You don’t risk a career ending injury on behalf of unsuspecting people just to get a stupid ring (or whatever they get for the 5th year) for your daughter. 

I’m just glad Cassie and VK had some years apart because I can’t even with them.

In defense of the half time show ... they had the guys to close behind her group and when they threw her into the air they had no room to step back ... that was that coaches fault ... he should have had them spread farther apart.  Once they did the correction the half time went without incident .. as I recall 😉

On 9/9/2019 at 6:13 PM, TB12 said:

IMG_0503.jpg

Every time I see this picture I think of the Denise Austin work out videos from the late 80s where she would be laying on the floor stretching at the end of the workout, and say “make yourself loooong and skinnnny” in her annoying breathy voice.  Lol

Edited by ClosetDCCFan
  • LOL 9
  • Love 4
On 9/9/2019 at 1:22 PM, kalibean said:

@ShellyB - I think what @DCC fan in KY was asking was how many All Stars have been used at one time as a sub for a particular performance.  IE, have more than two ever been used in a pre-game performance?  The total number of All-Stars seems consistent, but sometimes none are needed for a game, sometimes two, maybe more?  Yikes, that would be a tough day for injuries on the regular squad!  

I think there has only been one time when two All Stars did TS...Emma & Mia, maybe Emma & Jennifer too.  I'm jogging my memory of when we would have to wait for them to start suite visits.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, lah715 said:

In defense of the half time show ... they had the guys to close behind her group and when they threw her into the air they had no room to step back ... that was that coaches fault ... he should have had them spread farther apart.  Once they did the correction the half time went without incident .. as I recall 😉

I just saw this episode the other day.  That coach was chewing them out that they should have known better.  I have no idea how those kinds of tricks are done, so I had no idea who looked to be at fault LOL.

4 hours ago, MTTFan said:

You can hang a lot of shit on Cassie — god knows she has faults. But I always thought bringing her back for year five was the right thing to do. 

She held up the standards of a DCC for four years — even if we think rattling and being bossy aren’t great traits, TPTB do.

She got hurt on the job after four years of getting the job done — bringing her back was legit. They knew where she was in recovery at that point, and she had proven to be a team player.

• Love 11
15 minutes ago, Lolfordays said:

You can hang a lot of shit on Cassie — god knows she has faults. But I always thought bringing her back for year five was the right thing to do. 

She held up the standards of a DCC for four years — even if we think rattling and being bossy aren’t great traits, TPTB do.

She got hurt on the job after four years of getting the job done — bringing her back was legit. They knew where she was in recovery at that point, and she had proven to be a team player.

I have no arguments with Cassie per se and I have posted elsewhere that I believed that she had proven herself over the four years. My point was to use her as an example of some candidates/legacies are given something of a "pass" a la VK - VK was given a pass without having the proven track record of Cassie and only because of her mom.  If VK has been anybody else, say Taylor for instance who repeatedly hedged the truth with Kelli.  Taylor never would have made her way back into camp.

I agree as a four year vet she was as one of the judges said, "no doubt a DCC," I think even Judy thought it when she was asked to leave the room "I would have thought she had the support of the judges." (I also happen to think that Judy being asked to leave the room was staged for the show -- an attempt to not show bias -- Jay may have been going out on a limb by voicing his opinion.)

Further, as Cassie goes, it may be somewhat unreasonable to consider what she said or did as "tattling."  I mean, seriously, what was she supposed to do - not talk to her mom? 

Edited by MTTFan
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, MTTFan said:

Further, as Cassie goes, it may be somewhat unreasonable to consider what she said or did as "tattling."  I mean, seriously, what was she supposed to do - not talk to her mom? 

Was she "tattling" or "embellishing"?  There is a difference.   And if it's true Judy told the judges Olivia S was toxic cause she got into it with Cassie, then that is another example of nepotism.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
3 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Was she "tattling" or "embellishing"?  There is a difference.   And if it's true Judy told the judges Olivia S was toxic cause she got into it with Cassie, then that is another example of nepotism.  

Agree with that example.

• Love 3
43 minutes ago, Lolfordays said:

She got hurt on the job after four years of getting the job done — bringing her back was legit.

If it was legit to bring Brooke back as a 2nd year candidate, it was definitely legit to bring Cassie back as a 5th year candidate.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, ByTor said:

If it was legit to bring Brooke back as a 2nd year candidate, it was definitely legit to bring Cassie back as a 5th year candidate.

Brooke was already back on the team.  She was injured after TC started during a SG appearance.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, scorpio1031 said:

Brooke was already back on the team.  She was injured after TC started during a SG appearance.

Answering in Past Seasons (forgot where I was for a minute LOL)

21 hours ago, Blue hues said:

So is this the official reveal of the photo?  I thought only the TPTB were the only ones to introduce the pic?  Or do the Kalinas play by their own rules?

Well if it was anyone else on the team posting the squad picture early, I'm sure there would be consequences, but Kelli probably saw the photo and was like "oh look how great my bestie Tina looks. Go ahead & share that so EVERYONE can enjoy it!"

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Bellisima08 said:

Well if it was anyone else on the team posting the squad picture early, I'm sure there would be consequences, but Kelli probably saw the photo and was like "oh look how great my bestie Tina looks. Go ahead & share that so EVERYONE can enjoy it!"

I'll actually give Tina a pass, if the photo was already in the gameday program it was fair game.

• Love 19
4 hours ago, Jennv said:

Just saw a news report that Erica’s lawsuit settled and as a result the squad got a raise

Did I find the situation with Erica to be rather annoying at times? Yes
Do I think she was a great dancer? Yes
Do I think that this squad of talented ladies deserved a raise? 100% absolutely yes.

So thank you Erica's lawsuit, thank you.

• Love 21
1 hour ago, Lona said:

Did I find the situation with Erica to be rather annoying at times? Yes
Do I think she was a great dancer? Yes
Do I think that this squad of talented ladies deserved a raise? 100% absolutely yes.

So thank you Erica's lawsuit, thank you.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-settle-pay-dispute-entire-squad-gets-raise

I watched the game on Sunday and when I heard that the Cowboys were worth 5 billion and at least three players had guarantees of 100 million plus, I immediately thought that any argument that budget concerns kept the squad to 36 was bullshit.

Do I believe that Erica should have been released from contract for what she did -- yes -- she knew the rules and broke them.  Do I applaud the result of this lawsuit -- yes but I also think they should be paid more.

Edited by MTTFan
  • Love 9

Everybody? We really shouldn’t have to keep dipping in here and reminding you all that this is a spoiler thread. This isn’t a catch-all topic. If you’re talking about people who aren’t on the squad anymore, it doesn’t belong here. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 14
21 minutes ago, kariyaki said:

Everybody? We really shouldn’t have to keep dipping in here and reminding you all that this is a spoiler thread. This isn’t a catch-all topic. If you’re talking about people who aren’t on the squad anymore, it doesn’t belong here. 

SORRY. Saw the topic of discussion and just assumed this was the Former DCCs thread.

😂🤣😂

15 minutes ago, loveanddcc said:

I’m happy to hear the girls got a raise, but I honestly believe they each deserve to be paid 60-75K per season. I don’t care if they’re only “in studio” 20 hours a week for practice. They are also expected to practice outside of practice, i.e cardio, weights, stretching, extra dance rehearsals. Their every fucking meal revolves around maintaining the weight requirement. Their every public move is seen as an extension of their ambassadorship. It’s time to cut the crap with the girls needing a second job and allow professional cheer and dance to become that one job that they can focus all of their energy into. They deserve it. And God knows every NFL team has the money to pay these girls a good salary. Not to mention... will full time cheerleaders, they could do even more appearances and host even more workshops and camps to bring in money. Just saying. These girls are worth it.

Idk. I definitely think they should be paid more for the hours that they put in, but making it a "real" part-time job seems more realistic than paying them all $75k, IMO.  There's no need to be having them there until 2 a.m., or to refuse to work around school schedules (as Milan indicated). Other than group leaders, I don't really see the need for 36 full-time cheerleaders, when they could simply show more respect for their time, so they could maintain full-time jobs more easily. 

Now, could the Cowboys afford it? Sure, but as much as I respect their dance ability and value, the football team is still the draw. Certainly, the gameday experience (and my tv viewing experience lol) wouldn't be the same without the DCCs (other NFL teams, I don't think the cheerleaders are noticed as much), but they're not pro ballet dancers or broadway performers, who are required for a production of Swan Lake or the Lion King; they're not nurses, who the hospital could not function without, they're not teachers, who the school couldn't go on without; they're not prosecutors or public defenders, who you could not have a justice system without, etc. Basically, the game could go on without them. 

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Idk. I definitely think they should be paid more for the hours that they put in, but making it a "real" part-time job seems more realistic than paying them all $75k, IMO.  There's no need to be having them there until 2 a.m., or to refuse to work around school schedules (as Milan indicated). Other than group leaders, I don't really see the need for 36 full-time cheerleaders, when they could simply show more respect for their time, so they could maintain full-time jobs more easily. 

Someone said they no longer have them stay so late because they were paying them to wait around.  That is why cuts are being done in the middle of practice.  I assumed that since those were filming nights they were getting paid by CMT as well.  I wonder if they were mentioned in the lawsuit anywhere??  

The bad thing is that the girls walk out by themselves now and that's it.  Cheryl walks in to take them to the office and you can just see the looks on everyone's face.  CMT claims this was going to be a more positive year, but I don't see how.

• Useful 1