Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

13 hours ago, go4luca said:

My eyes kept going to Bridget.  She looked confident & strong.

They need to put Bridget at point and move on.... :)

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Monique said:

I’m shocked that RachelW is in front of Gina but Gina is still up close being as she’s only behind the GLs and Rachel. Although i do think it would look a bit offf to have Gina be in Rachel’s spot given she’s kinda on the shorter side

I thought it was strange too and for me, clearly only due to her beauty queen background. I can see that she has improved as @LaurenBrook said, but for me it’s unfair she went ahead of more senior girls, as well as the 2nd years who were rockstars from the beginning (including Bridget). 

Also, since at some point we speculated that Lexie might be a contender, i guess it’s not going to happen considering that she was behind two 2nd years.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

I thought it was strange too and for me, clearly only due to her beauty queen background. I can see that she has improved as @LaurenBrook said, but for me it’s unfair she went ahead of more senior girls, as well as the 2nd years who were rockstars from the beginning (including Bridget). 

Also, since at some point we speculated that Lexie might be a contender, i guess it’s not going to happen considering that she was behind two 2nd years.

Although I feel for Gina, it doesn't bother me to see strong dancers up front of other 3rd years.  The new 2nd years are extremely strong and although Rachel W. is not a fav of mine, @LaurenBrook knows this 😉😘, I do 100% agree she is stronger this year.  Good for her.  It brings up the overall caliber of the squad when a girl improves on her previous year.

I think seniority has its place in certain areas, but just my humble opinion, the stronger dancers, no matter their year - especially if they can handle it, deserve being in the spotlight.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

Even though Maggie isn't on the team anymore, I'm #teammaggie for point. 💁‍♀️

Maggie ❤️

One of the best of the best of the best!

• Love 10
2 hours ago, GeorgiaPeach11 said:

Agreed on your point about rehashing old media. However, no attack against you at all but I honestly never thought they had more class. After watching and following the show for years I have often wondered what they were saying to each other under their breaths and in private during this process and I'm not at all shocked at the things they are saying because I figured they were talking much trash about certain girls. 

You are probably right about never having much class. The more I watch, the less I see of this wonderful sisterhood they claim to have. 

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Is she in front of Bridget?? I thought she was behind her.  I feel like there were so many great spots with this stage! Like as much as I adore her, Sav is not the strongest on the squad and she still had a very visible spot.  

I'm personally not putting stock into this as giving any idea of what the final formation will be for Thunderstruck.  

• Love 2
3 hours ago, bjo1969 said:

Meh ~ not impressed. JMHO. Their dances look the same regardless of the music. But what do I know?

I wasn’t impressed.  If I was going to the concert I would have no interest in seeing DCC shaking their booty 🤣 The dances are all the same 

• Love 9
22 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Since the other youtube link seems to have gone AWOL, this one still currently works.

Thank you for posting these videos.  

• Love 4
(edited)
20 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Is she in front of Bridget?? 

I'm personally not putting stock into this as giving any idea of what the final formation will be for Thunderstruck.  

Your girl Rachel W. is in front of Bridget in this one!

Agree with you that this is not telling us yet who will be where in Thunderstruck.  But I'm dying to know, lol!

17 minutes ago, J-R said:

Thank you for posting these videos.  

I wasn't the original poster.  Just noticed the other one went AWOL so posted a new link.  Silly youtube.

But thanks! 😊

Edited by go4luca
spelling. I am a doofus.
  • Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, Rosie-Brooklyn said:

I love Maddie but she's hip hop through and through, and KILLS it at that. 

She definitely has the hip hop LOOK down pat.  Not sure about the dancing though.

Edited by parrotfeathers
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

Even though Maggie isn't on the team anymore, I'm #teammaggie for point. 💁‍♀️

I definitely miss Maggie and wish she cold have remained at least one more year.  Gorgeous girl & funny too!

• Love 5

I just have to say this--Mr. Lambert's trousers certainly look good on him.  Yes, that's pretty tame for social media I think.

I think all the DCC looked wonderful.   I love Rachel W.  Good for her being up front some.

• Love 7

I think a lot of who danced where had a lot to do with camera shots, what showed on in the jumbo trans, and where Brian and Adam were going to walk.  It was all part of the scripted production. 

• Love 1

I hadn’t seen it before now but Amy’s cock-up (sorry, I’m very English) was bad. She could definitely lose point over this because she was front and centre and it wasn’t very subtle. I personally don’t think she has enough pop or sparkle for Point personally. 

Wasn’t she the one who did the jump split at a pre-game rehearsal when they never do? Shows signs of a dancer with concentration issues. 

• Love 5

if we are looking at the the girls in front as point contenders than I would say Heather is the clear stand out from that performance. Amy was off and made errors. Tess didn't stand out. Maddie as ok dancing but her posture drives me nuts when she is standing or walking. How did she get through years of dance training with shoulders rolled like that without an instructor correcting it? In a couple of pictures with other vets, she posture makes her look short and wide and she has a great figure. just my two cents.

• Love 4

What a cool experience for the DCC!!! I’m sure they had the best time. I thought they looked great but Amy’s mess up was pretty 😬. The audience was probably having a great time didn’t even notice though. Maddie is a favorite of mine and I definitely hope she is point. I thought she looked great. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, HookEmHorns said:

HANNAH HANNAH HANNAH!! That camera loved her. I feel like we don’t talk about this enough, but back flexibility like hers does wonders to these moves we’ve seen a million times. It’s feline-esque and so sexy. She is amazing!

This camera loved her! Maybe they were looking for a girl who was actually curvy for the Fat Bottom Girl song 😂 I think she looked amazing! 

• Love 12
40 minutes ago, Fwcowboysfan said:

What a cool experience for the DCC!!! I’m sure they had the best time. I thought they looked great but Amy’s mess up was pretty 😬. The audience was probably having a great time didn’t even notice though. Maddie is a favorite of mine and I definitely hope she is point. I thought she looked great. 

There were quite a few of the DCC not in sync. It was a rock show and they danced in a fun and excited way!  I’m sure no one cared or noticed.  Some tweets even stated that they are not Cowboys fans, but loved this!  This show was not for precision but to show Dallas pride with Queen.  Agree that it was a cool experience for DCC & the audience...& even Queen.  

Love Maddie too for point.  Heather looked good too last night when she switched out with Amy.  Amy was fine. There is really not one stand out this year for me.  Bridget is not ready for point, in my opinion.  

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Domino9062 said:

Trying not to read into Gina not being up front. Thinking maybe there was a reason she was where she was... ie camera angle, photo angle - and not just the big screen view. 

Bouquet of hair colour? 😉 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Jazzmom said:

There were quite a few of the DCC not in sync. It was a rock show and they danced in a fun and excited way!  I’m sure no one cared or noticed.  Some tweets even stated that they are not Cowboys fans, but loved this!  This show was not for precision but to show Dallas pride with Queen.  Agree that it was a cool experience for DCC & the audience...& even Queen.  

I was wondering how much time they had to prepare for this.  I realize that they should always be ready to perform, but since it was a one time only performance, and like you said a rock show - I think they just had fun.  I don't think they cared where they were on that stage, especially the non-SG members who rarely get to do something like this.

• Love 5

Bridget has already had experience leading a squad at point.  I would love to see how she looks performing point with the DCC.

Just my humble opinion that I'm 150% positive the DCC PTB won't care about, lol. 😆

• LOL 4
  • Love 12
20 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Bridget has already had experience leading a squad at point.  I would love to see how she looks performing point with the DCC.

Just my humble opinion that I'm 150% positive the DCC PTB won't care about, lol. 😆

You beat me to it....I was going to post the same picture.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I have to say, Kelcy looks good as a brunette, she stands out more than when she was blond. 

Also, there is a small snippet where you see Caroline dancing on Instastories. A few girls posted it for those that wanted to see. I absolutely think they were strategic in where they placed everyone and I think it's interesting that Gina was behind Rachel. Our of the 4 senior girls I'd like to see Heather, but I would love to see some of the 2nd year girls up there too. 

As much as I hate to say it because I'm pulling for her I'm afraid Lily being in that group isn't good. She seems like such a sweet supportive girl and worked hard taking classes all year. 

Screenshot_20190724-172832_Instagram.jpg

• Love 1
On 7/23/2019 at 10:29 AM, Jennv said:

For me it was when she turned to Jinelle , shooting daggers with her eyes, and said “ I just know that you’ve never had a weight problem “ it was said with such venom, and dare I say it, hatred.

Exactly! It was very snarky and rather passive aggressive. In looking back at the episode when Kelli first told VK that she was pairing her with Jinelle to help her, you can almost see VK thinking "oh hell no, they are not putting me with this skinny bitch!" If VK had been smart she would have looked at the situation like "ok, Jinelle probably knows what she's doing heath-wise because she's always been fit so I should listen to her", but instead she choose to have the attitude of "She's never had issues with her weight so there's nothing I want to hear from her."

• Love 13
22 hours ago, M1977G said:

@Bellisima08, your comment and thinking about this has me wondering how or if they will address Shaina and the tragic plane crash. I'm not sure which is appropriate. Certainly, they should not exploit such tragedy for TV, but I also wonder if disregarding it altogether would feel (to Shaina) like they're minimizing the tragedy and not caring how it affected her in camp. Thoughts?

@M1977G I've been wondering about that as well. I've been trying to recall if there was ever another instance of one of the Rookies or even a Vet experiencing a personal loss while in training camp, but I can't think of one. Given how close Shaina was to those who died, I'm sure there were instances of her emotions getting to her. She probably could make the request to not have it be focused on, but if CMT wants to show it she may not be able to prevent it. I would hope that Kelli & Judy would try to lessen any scrutiny on her as they must know how hard it must be for her to be going through the loss of her friends. I wonder if she was able to go to the funerals.

• Love 1

I only watched the Queen video one time and unfortunately all i came away with was:  Hannah needs a larger pair of shorts and Jalyn (I think it was her) at the end appeared like she had some sort of tic *L* just kidding, her head movements were very noticeable since she was the only one moving her head about.  Otherwise I think they did fine.  Didn't even notice Amy's mistake that people were referring to.  So I guess I'd have to watch it again.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

Yes Bridgets got spunk and will dance with a cute little fire. But she looks like a high school cheerleader!!! For god sakes this is  pro dance and the look needs to be a polished woman . Not spunky cute high school look!!!

Goodness she’s on the team but she’s NOT point material 

Edited by RockYou
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Cruisegirl said:

I wasn’t impressed.  If I was going to the concert I would have no interest in seeing DCC shaking their booty 🤣 The dances are all the same 

I agree. And I’m a little sick of the posts all over social media about it and everyone saying it was the best night of their life over and over. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, KatieC said:

I agree. And I’m a little sick of the posts all over social media about it and everyone saying it was the best night of their life over and over. 

Re-watching the ep where they go to Kitty Carter's for feedback on solos and she says solo night is the most important day of their life.

• LOL 7
3 hours ago, Cruisegirl said:

THANK YOU!! I thought the dancing was very high school pom squad and not good at all. And if I am going to see Queen, get the DCC out of the way and off the stage so I can..you know...SEE Queen! 

• Love 8
(edited)

One thing I'm going to be watching very closely this year is how guest choreographers react to VK and how CMT presents those reactions. I was rewatching the episode from last year where they had Denise Dicharry come in just after show group auditions and I found it very interesting that they didn't actually show her making her comments to Kelli about VK not drawing her attention while VK was dancing. It was very different to when Travis Wall was praising VK & they showed him leaning over to tell Kelli while she danced. It felt like they were trying to minimize our perception of Denise's critique.

I will say that the talk in Kelli's office with VK about what Denise thought of her performance that night was another really awkward moment to watch. I mean here is Denise trying to give an honest assessment of what is lacking in VK's dancing & Kelli was trying to brush it off by saying if was just one off night (when we all know VK had been having issues with her dancing all though training camp). I mean yeah, I'm sure not making show group was weighing on her mind that night & impacted her ability to focus, but it doesn't account for her poor performance on other days that other people noticed.

Also I was just really turned off by her reaction to what Denise said. I mean she turned on those tears so quick & then way she just laid her head on Kelli's desk was so unprofessional. I mean you've got this top dance instructor/choreographer assessing you at what is essentially a job interview & you put your head on the desk of your potential boss & cry about how you're shocked you didn't get a straight pass to show group? She was just so clueless & immature & I was glad that Denise mentioned her lack of maturity.

Edited by Bellisima08
  • Love 21
19 minutes ago, nrskim said:

THANK YOU!! I thought the dancing was very high school pom squad and not good at all.

Wouldn't it be great if they could have a concert at ATT Stadium, give each DCC plenty of room, kill the poms, the boots and the power pom style, and just let them dance?  Do the tricks they do for SG auditions that they never get to do again.  Perform the leaps, pirouettes, fouettes, etc that they show off in solos.  

• Love 11
2 hours ago, go4luca said:

This picture! I’m so glad you posted it because this is the only reason I don’t like Bridget, girl has no neck. 

• LOL 1
(edited)
9 minutes ago, NotthebadVictoria said:

This picture! I’m so glad you posted it because this is the only reason I don’t like Bridget, girl has no neck. 

No worries!  Same for @ROCKYOU's post above.  Varying opinions exist in this forum.  It's a regular thing here.  But now that you mentioned it, none of the girls in the pic have much of a neck. 😂

It's all good! 😉

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 2

Going back and watching the previous year's solos (well, the bits and pieces they show) now that I know who everyone is:

Amber is just amazing, as is Kristen - I wish they would consider live streaming solos.

Didn't realize that Hannah started them off, not a veteran.  Of course, it could be editing.

Nick Florez saying this is Brennan's year, crossing his fingers and saying "Crossies"

Dayton 🤬 Totally robbed!!!!!!!!

And Marshall, can't wait to see who he side eyes this year😂

• Love 7
28 minutes ago, Bellisima08 said:

One thing I'm going to be watching very closely this year is how guest choreographers react to VK and how CMT presents those reactions. I was rewatching the episode from last year where they had Denise Dicharry come in just after show group auditions and I found it very interesting that they didn't actually show her making her comments to Kelli about VK not drawing her attention while VK was dancing. It was very different to when Travis Wall was praising VK & they showed him leaning over to tell Kelli while she danced. It felt like they were trying to minimize our perception of Denise's critique.

I will say that the talk in Kelli's office with VK about what Denise thought of her performance that night was another really awkward moment to watch. I mean here is Denise trying to give an honest assessment of what is lacking in VK's dancing & Kelli was trying to brush it off by saying if was just one off night (when we all know VK had been having issues with her dancing all though training camp). I mean yeah, I'm sure not making show group was weighing on her mind that night & impacted her ability to focus, but it doesn't account for her poor performance on other days that other people noticed.

Also I was just really turned off by her reaction to what Denise said. I mean she turned on those tears so quick & then way she just laid her head on Kelli's desk was so unprofessional. I mean you've got this top dance instructor/choreographer assessing you at what is essentially a job interview & you put your head on the desk of your potential boss & cry about how you're shocked you didn't get a straight pass to show group? She was just so clueless & immature & I was glad that Denise mentioned her lack of maturity.

I don’t recall them ever calling someone in to go over with them how a guest choreographer viewed them while the guest is present. Usually the critique is given to K & J not the rookie candidate directly. This is another example of how VK was treated differently than other candidates. 

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, KatieC said:

I don’t recall them ever calling someone in to go over with them how a guest choreographer viewed them while the guest is present. Usually the critique is given to K & J not the rookie candidate directly. This is another example of how VK was treated differently than other candidates. 

That one choreographer in Season 10 called out Angela to her face, in front of everyone, about her performance after she didn't make SG.  But you're right, cause VK didn't get called out on her performance after she didn't get SG.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Blue hues said:

Is that VK in the back row of the Amy post that wished Kelcey a happy birthday?  Looks like Kat and Amanda are there so not too far off base if VK is.  Is that Amy’s group?

Yes it’s amy group 1 

Just now, Holly85 said:

Yes it’s amy group 1 

Yes that’s vk 

• Useful 1

Queen and the DCC. My introverted self might have actually braved the crowds *shutters* for that.  Well probably not but I like to entertain the idea of getting a life ;).

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

I'm sure if I got to perform with Queen, I'd think it was one of the best nights of my life, too! Now that I've seen better footage of the performance, I have a better idea of the formations. Guess the first one I saw was from the audience and was a limited single angle. Despite the painfully slowwwww tempo, I thought they looked pretty great. It's like other stadium performances--most folks just see in sync arm and pom stuff and the hair flips, so even though the choreography was nothing new to our eyes, I bet it looked solid from just about every seat in the house. 

So many of the girls got some good camera time! I loved seeing Hannah and Cici so much and felt like, wow, I could go for a Hannah-Cici-Ashlee triangle down the road. Those three together were pretty prominent because they framed Adam and they looked great together. Hannah's shorts are short, but her ass looked awesome in them. I thought Bridget, Rachel W, Heather, Lexi, Gina, Tess, Amber, and Daphne rocked it, too. I literally never looked at Maddie. She didn't draw my eye a single time after initially spotting her, and I've watched this like five times already. I hope we get to see some of this on the show! Seems like a pretty big thing to cover during training camp, especially because the rookies came to watch. I think it's really nice and fun that they brought the TCCs, too.

• Love 13