Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

51 minutes ago, ByTor said:

LOL I love Alexis, but not a fan of her "I have to pee and am trying to hold it in" leg-cross pose at the end 🙂 

I saw another pose on Instagram.  I thought it was Amy but really couldn’t tell.  Her pose was very awkward.  Photographer directions? 

54 minutes ago, ByTor said:

LOL I love Alexis, but not a fan of her "I have to pee and am trying to hold it in" leg-cross pose at the end 🙂 

Tess did the same Pose 

1 minute ago, Jazzmom said:

I saw another pose on Instagram.  I thought it was Amy but really couldn’t tell.  Her pose was very awkward.  Photographer directions? 

Yeah, maybe that's why the transition from pose to pose looks a little awkward.

28 minutes ago, DCCFan197605 said:

Is it me or does this angle make Brennan look “enhanced?”

IMO it definitely makes Brennan not look like Brennan.

• Love 6
19 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

Except I don't think the "as long as you don't gain weight/follow through on your responsibilities" was ever part of the equation. I wouldn't imagine Kelli ever thought it needed it to be.

I don't think it was an outright promise, as in Kelli walked up to her and said, "Victoria, come to auditions and you're on the team," but more something that's been understood / a given for a very long time: as soon as Victoria is old enough, she WILL be a DCC. Never in her wildest dreams do I think Kelli ever imagined a scenario like last year would happen. I'm sure she just thought Victoria would come, go through training camp, and become a DCC -- instead she got an immature child with an overt weight gain who she still gave chance after chance until she just plain ran out of time/excuses. Kelli tried her hardest to put VK on the team last year, but in the end VK turned out to be such a mess that there was no way Kelli could justify it.

I agree with this. I think that all through her life, VK has been around the DCC culture & grew up hearing "awww look at her, she'll make such a great cheerleader" or "Victoria honey, when are you going to be following in Mommy's boot prints?" Who knows if she's ever been encouraged to do anything else with her life. I imagine that it was always implied that she had a spot waiting for her & that she had the expectation that it was hers for the taking no matter what she did hence her not taking losing weight seriously, complaining that she didn't get show group & her general "I can do whatever" attitude. I mean look at her compared to other rookies last year like Dayton who had such a great attitude & worked so hard or Melena who was so committed to making it work that she quit her job. Was VK making that same effort? I don't think so.

Personally I don't think Kelli, Kitty or Tina did VK any favors by letting her believe a spot on the team was her right given the fact that training camp is rigorous and that by being a brand ambassador, you are expected to be well-spoken, mature, work well with your teammates, have a positive attitude & be fit. Growing up knowing what the requirements of training camp are, VK should have been prepared to deal with that. If it were me, I would have been practicing my public speaking, studying current events, eating healthy & I would have listened to vets & been appreciative of their help. It would have been better for everyone if Kelli had been like "look training camp is tough and we have hundreds of talented girls audition every year and we send a lot of them home if they can't perform to DCC standards. We can only give you a chance but it's up to you to apply yourself. I can't promise you that you will make it, but I can promise that if you don't put in the work, you surely won't." Maybe hearing a speech like that before it all started would have instilled a better work ethic in VK.

• Love 15
(edited)
10 hours ago, IHopeUDance said:

Now that we have confirmation from Shelly B that VK and the other SG rookies are NOT going to Oxnard as “several credible insiders” had said...all future “insider” info is back to a grain of salt for me. 🤣

It’s entertaining to believe someone (aka Veruca 🙄) threw a fit to their mommy and mommy ran to her bestie to get their way....but most of us pretty much knew that was just pot stirring.  But, if there really are “insiders” feeding someone this bad info...they’re laughing right now that so many bought it!  

🤣😂🤣😂

Actually, there has been a LOT of things the insiders have said that have been proven true as well so I'm not going to ignore them completely just because they have insights and information that we don't get from the official story.  Despite what people might think, I'm waiting to see the pictures and videos from Oxnard and not just the official ones.  I want the fan pictures and videos as well because those will show what the official ones won't.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 17
7 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

I still love this kickline. So many pretty kicks (Lacey's being the best).

However, I will never understand why they take someone into TC with low kicks. It's impossible to get that flexible in 8-10 weeks unless you just break a few bones.

Preach!!! I wonder about this at the start of every season. I even recall one year where, during the closed door session with the other judges after watching the girls on the field, Judy (at least I think it was Judy) said something about the height of the kicks on some of the girls and should they even be letting them in if they can't kick past a certain level. I can't remember how many seasons ago this was, but to me, it makes no sense that they stress the importance of having a strong, high kickline and then they turn around and let in people who can barely get their kicks above waist high.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Bellisima08 said:

Preach!!! I wonder about this at the start of every season. I even recall one year where, during the closed door session with the other judges after watching the girls on the field, Judy (at least I think it was Judy) said something about the height of the kicks on some of the girls and should they even be letting them in if they can't kick past a certain level. I can't remember how many seasons ago this was, but to me, it makes no sense that they stress the importance of having a strong, high kickline and then they turn around and let in people who can barely get their kicks above waist high.

I remember when Tessa injured her leg/knee  and came tell them she had to leave TC. After she left Judy said something about pretty girls that can't kick. It was either "I'm tired of  taking pretty girls that can't kick" or "I'm tired of cutting pretty girls that can't kick".

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

I remember when Tessa injured her leg/knee  and came tell them she had to leave TC. After she left Judy said something about pretty girls that can't kick. It was either "I'm tired of  taking pretty girls that can't kick" or "I'm tired of cutting pretty girls that can't kick".

I remember that episode. I felt so bad for Tessa because she was a nice girl. She tried out again the next season, but she didn't get in & I recall that they mentioned her flexibility issues.

• Love 1
(edited)

I think there's another issue that we're all forgetting, myself included.  If I remember what was said correctly, it was that Victoria/Tina (if they were even mentioned by name) were unhappy that "rookies" weren't going to Oxnard and that certain people weren't in the intro and "threw a temper tantrum" about both things, NOT that the rookies were absolutely going or not going.  I don't think it was explicitly SAID who was involved, but the only people who would be upset about "rookies" not going to Oxnard (besides Kayce and Amanda who wouldn't mention it) would be Tina and Victoria and they're the only two I can think of who would cause any sort of fuss about it.  The whole "rookies going to Oxnard" thing HAS gotten a little overblown.

I know there are enough people who would love to prove me wrong about what was said and about whom that I'm sure someone can come up with exactly what was said in that post. 

However, I'm still interested to see WHO actually shows up to Oxnard.  Even if 12 DO go, they'll probably still take all veterans and leave Victoria, Kayce and Amanda back in Dallas.  The main reason I can think of to take all the veterans is injury and illness (including heat related issues).

Edited by EricaShadows
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
(edited)

KaShara did not make ShowGroup her rookie year-she made it during her 3rd year of being a DCC.

I looked through several videos and photos of  the DCC at Oxnard... Here's what I found:

• 2012-(8) Whitney I, Mia, Lauren, Cassie, Melissa K, Meghan M, Jackie & Sydney-all veteran DCC.  I'm not sure who the TCC ShowGroup members were (possibly Jacie and Olivia) but none of the TCC's danced at Oxnard.
  • 2013-(12) Jackie, Sydney, Carisa, Jennifer E, Olivia, Mia, Brittney S, Lauren, Emma, Holly H & Jacie .  TCC ShowGroup members were Ashley H, Jennifer A, Hannah W & Samantha--none of them danced at Oxnard.
  • 2014-(12) Sydney, Emma, Kinzie, Kelsey B, Jenna, Jinelle, Jessica P, Ashley H, Jennifer E, Jennifer A & Jacie .  TCC ShowGroup members were Erica, Lacey & Melissa W--none of them danced at Oxnard.
  • 2015-(12) Kelsey B, Jennifer A, Ashley H, Erica, Holly H, Mary, Jacie, Kinzie, Jenna, Melissa W, Jessica P & Lacey.  TCC ShowGroup members were Megan C, Holly P & Amy T--none of them danced at Oxnard.
  •  2016-(12) Melissa W, Erica, Holly P, Jinelle, Jennifer A, Amy T, Jenna, Robin, Lacey, Jessica P, MANDY V & KELLI Q.  TCC ShowGroup members were Mandy V, Kelli Q, Maddie & Maggie.                                            THIS IS THE ONLY (recent) YEAR THAT I FOUND WHERE "TRUE ROOKIES/TCCs" WENT TO OXNARD!!
  • 2017-(13) Heather O, Jinelle, Robin, Maggie, Holly P, Jenna, Lacey, Kelli, KaShara, Cersten, Maddie, Tasha & Stephanie.  TCC ShowGroup members were Gina, Kalyssa & Lauren P--none of them danced at Oxnard.
  • 2018-(12) Gina, KaShara, Tess, Heather, Maddie, Tasha, Khalyn, Amy L, Lacey, Lexie, Kelli & Lauren.  TCC ShowGroup members were Amber, Bridget, Daphne, Hannah & Jalyn--none of them danced at Oxnard.

I think the confusion in this conversation has been if the girls were "veteran DCC/rookie SG" versus "rookie DCC/rookie SG".  There have been lots of times that vet DCC/rk SG (KaShara, for example) have gone to Oxnard.  With 15 veteran DCC on ShowGroup this year, surely they can come up with 12 to make the trip...

Edited by Tootie
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, Tootie said:

From the pictures I've seen, it looks like their makeup is prettier than last year...  Fingers crossed for decent pics this year!!  😀

I’ve seen a picture of Julia’s makeup done she looks so good 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

I still love this kickline. So many pretty kicks (Lacey's being the best).

However, I will never understand why they take someone into TC with low kicks. It's impossible to get that flexible in 8-10 weeks unless you just break a few bones.

Lacey has good kicks, but we all know that the best kickers of all time are Holly P, Meredith Oden and Emma Dawson ! They should show the girls those girls with their extraordinary legendary kicks! awesome video 😄

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, bupbupbip said:

Lacey has good kicks, but we all know that the best kickers of all time are Holly P, Meredith Oden and Emma Dawson ! They should show the girls those girls with their extraordinary legendary kicks! awesome video 😄

Lacey 100% belongs in the group of “best kicks.” She is more than good for sure.

• Love 20
2 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I think there's another issue that we're all forgetting, myself included.  If I remember what was said correctly, it was that Victoria/Tina (if they were even mentioned by name) were unhappy that "rookies" weren't going to Oxnard and that certain people weren't in the intro and "threw a temper tantrum" about both things, NOT that the rookies were absolutely going or not going.  I don't think it was explicitly SAID who was involved, but the only people who would be upset about "rookies" not going to Oxnard (besides Kayce and Amanda who wouldn't mention it) would be Tina and Victoria and they're the only two I can think of who would cause any sort of fuss about it.  The whole "rookies going to Oxnard" thing HAS gotten a little overblown.

I know there are enough people who would love to prove me wrong about what was said and about whom that I'm sure someone can come up with exactly what was said in that post. 

However, I'm still interested to see WHO actually shows up to Oxnard.  Even if 12 DO go, they'll probably still take all veterans and leave Victoria, Kayce and Amanda back in Dallas.  The main reason I can think of to take all the veterans is injury and illness (including heat related issues).

The conversation about “sources” saying that the SG rookies were going to Oxnard began on pg 137... enjoy 😉 

Man...talk about how one tidbit of bad “insider” info from a “few sources”  can cause a firestorm of crazy, hateful speculations. Woah. That thread alone is why I don’t take any of the rest of this seriously.  🙄

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, IHopeUDance said:

The conversation about “sources” saying that the SG rookies were going to Oxnard began on pg 137... enjoy 😉 

Man...talk about how one tidbit of bad “insider” info from a “few sources”  can cause a firestorm of crazy, hateful speculations. Woah. That thread alone is why I don’t take any of the rest of this seriously.  🙄

Just wait until the show starts.  Then it will get really crazy around here😜

• LOL 1
10 hours ago, CrazyMoon said:

Isn't that Kellie Pickler? Two thumbs down for me, they can do so much better.

For all the VK haters, Malena was kept longer than VK, should have been let go weeks earlier and perhaps before Dayton. Those kinds of memory problems just don't disappear. Briana in season 12 should have been let go the first two weeks, not 6 weeks in...Kelli has her favorites, she hangs on like a dog with a bone, gossip, speculation and insider innuendo aside. 

Just because Malena was cut after Vikkie, doesn't mean Vikkie didn't deserve to be cut, wasn't shown favoritism and made an a** of herself throughout training camp. And, people were calling for both Malena and Briana to be cut the entire time. 

• Love 7

Vikkie background is lyrical/contemporary, Travis Wall's foundation is contemporary. Of course he would pick her as a favorite. And unfortunately for Vikkie, Travis wasn't given stickers to put up like everyone else. She had a dozen opportunities to be awarded stickers and wasn't. But, that doesn't excuse or make-up for the Jinelle altercation. 

The thing with Vikkie, and again; this is just my opinion, is that it was never one or, even two things, she did wrong. It was like, every time I saw something new, she said something different, we heard more insider information I kept thinking, "It could never get any worse..." And then it did, every single time up until her cut. 

If the girl being cut, was the girl who walked into training camp that first day, she probably wouldn't have been cut because it was the single time she showed a thread of maturity and decorum. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7

She said in her dismissal interview that she'd come back more mature. It was a hard pill for her to swallow. I hope she learns from it. She had enough stickers to stay to the last week...The Gina haters follow a similar path...she was stuck up and toxic in the locker room...she either made a complete 180 or got some bad press...

• Love 2

Gina definitely got a rougher edit, but I 100% believe she was stuck up. But just because you come in stuck up, doesn't mean you don't learn how to adapt. 

Vikkie had way too many big errors to get over in one season. With only 1 sticker to keep her, her being kept to the end, was more to do with favoritism than anything else. If Kelli could have gotten her on that team last year, she would have---I think at the end of the day it wasn't the toxic attitude and lying that got her cut, it was that her stomach spilled over her shorts and that couldn't be ignored. 

I do hope for Vikkie's sake that she's grown up, but I also know that in order to make that big of an improvement you have to work for it, change your life and experience new things. Thank to the joys of social media, we know she didn't do any of that. Vikkie is still Vikkie; just better at stealth mode and dieting. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 13

In that last interview she looked like she'd started to tone up a bit. She also did some 'better-late-than-never' apologizing. 

And why are you blaming VK for this?:

16 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

If Kelli could have gotten her on that team last year, she would have---

At the end of the day VK wasn't ready for the team, we (as DCC fans) knew it and ultimately Kelli knew it. It doesn't matter whether VK knew it or not. And the unfounded and unreasonable assumption that Jaylen didn't make show group because VK took her spot nonsense...more speculation and gossip. No clue why Jaylen didn't make SG, we'll see when the season starts.

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Vikkie is still Vikkie; just better at stealth mode and dieting. 

that's what I'm afraid of.  I found her attitude last year to be really appalling, but I'd really been hoping hard for her that she was just maybe happy puppy clueless and immature, and that having had a year to grow would make the difference for her (especially since Marshall vouched for her, and there have been people here who spoke about interacting with her in a positive way).  It's still possible that could be the case, but I'm starting to feel as though that's not really likely given some of the insider comments about stealth nasty.  I believe @GuiltyJohn had also mentioned this specifically, which makes me really sad.  I don't know these girls but I do love rooting for them and I like to cherish the idea (hope) that they are kind to and supportive of each other.  When I hear mean girls, I want to think of Tina Fey, not the DCC.

• Love 9

I’m rewatching last season as well, and I’m just torn on VK. She wasn’t as bad personality-wise as I remembered. Kelli has kept other floppy, immature puppies (love this comparison, and so apt!) around hoping they’d get their shit together, and that was without the personal ties she has to VK. Taylor comes to mind. 

I even get keeping her around a long time, because it’s a paid dance job and practice she desperately needs in the style.  Less appropriate “internships” have happened, and VK does have oodles of potential. 

I personally think VK is attractive enough, especially out on the field where over the top works. It’s the spoiled entitlement and web of lies that got me. Also, eat clean for a few months girl, it won’t kill you to cut sugar. (As I drink my sweetened cold brew 😂😂😂)

So yes, torn. I hate wasted potential. VK could be a great DCC, I just wish she had grown up a bit first. 

• Love 11
6 hours ago, raindancer said:

that's what I'm afraid of.  I found her attitude last year to be really appalling, but I'd really been hoping hard for her that she was just maybe happy puppy clueless and immature, and that having had a year to grow would make the difference for her (especially since Marshall vouched for her, and there have been people here who spoke about interacting with her in a positive way).  It's still possible that could be the case, but I'm starting to feel as though that's not really likely given some of the insider comments about stealth nasty.  I believe @GuiltyJohn had also mentioned this specifically, which makes me really sad.  I don't know these girls but I do love rooting for them and I like to cherish the idea (hope) that they are kind to and supportive of each other.  When I hear mean girls, I want to think of Tina Fey, not the DCC.

#agree.

While the blatant coddling bothered me last year, that wasn't on VK; that was on Kelli.  What made me lose complete respect for both VK & Kelli was the second meeting with Jinelle.  We viewers were clearly not privy to the full conversation and it was highly edited.  But at one point, Victoria said [I'm paraphrasing a little]: "I just don't like the position I'm in."  And she seemed to be quietly seething.  Whether that position was being called in for weight or for allegedly lying or just because her dance wasn't up to snuff, IT.DOESN'T.MATTER.   NO OTHER TCC could EVER get away with saying that.  The answer would be, "Then don't be in it; tonight is your last night."     

Let me qualify say this by saying that I teach high school seniors and am SO amazed at the poise, confidence, and maturity of the 18 year old TCC candidates; many young 'uns have come through with grace (Kinzie - who stayed as far away from the cameras as possible - Melissa K, Abigail, even Caila (spelling) and several others.  VK had some growing to do in comparison to these young women; however, that one sentence showed her sense of entitlement IMHO.

• Love 19
10 minutes ago, DAthene said:

Victoria said [I'm paraphrasing a little]: "I just don't like the position I'm in."  And she seemed to be quietly seething. 

I recall her saying that, but I interpreted it a little differently.  I thought the position she didn't like being in was the "position" (for lack of a better word) of having gained 10+ pounds in TC.  I thought she was embarrassed.  Yep, I know we all do it to ourselves by overeating/unhealthy eating/being underactive, but I know from experience it's not a pleasant feeling when you're called out on it.

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, PhoebeKelly1992 said:

I'm so excited to see this year's cameos now! 😊 All of the girls I seen featured on Social Media (basically all of the vets) looked amazing and hair and makeup looked great on everyone! How amazing does Hannah look with straight hair?! 😊 

IMG_20190723_134312.jpg

They both look incredible here. I mean I think they’re both beautiful anyway but especially here. I really like this current group of veterans; they all have something different to offer. If they’re not rock star dancers, they’re great ambassadors or Academy teachers (I’m talking Miranda, Alexis, Amy etc). Some are all of the above too!

• Love 10
12 minutes ago, PhoebeKelly1992 said:

I'm so excited to see this year's cameos now! 😊 All of the girls I seen featured on Social Media (basically all of the vets) looked amazing and hair and makeup looked great on everyone! How amazing does Hannah look with straight hair?! 😊 

IMG_20190723_134312.jpg

I swear if they choose the worst picture of Hannah to be her cameo again I will scream, she's a beautiful girl and they made her look like she was harsh and old

• Love 7

I just wish they would keep VK in the background this year. I get why people are sick of the conversation about her and wish people would get over the fact that VK will likely make the team, and I also get why she is such a topic of discussion among people who disliked what we saw last year. Kelli always has her favorites, where she overlooks some shortcomings (see Malena, where her dance issues were given a pass for too long), but with VK, it was a matter of overlooking multiple shortcomings (weight, dance, behavior, maturity). It truly was above and beyond what we’ve seen in 13 seasons. 

The rational option would be to focus on other rookies this year. People who dislike her are not going to suddenly believe that she turned it around when we all know that this show is selectively edited, and people who like her will believe the best regardless. So, as someone who doesn’t care about her making the team one way or the other, I hope she’s just a footnote this year. That would probably be the best thing for her and everyone else. 

• Love 24
1 hour ago, PhoebeKelly1992 said:

IMG_20190723_134312.jpg

Hannah's swimsuit pictures were fantastic as well 🙂

• Love 4
1 hour ago, DCC-UK said:

They both look incredible here. I mean I think they’re both beautiful anyway but especially here. I really like this current group of veterans; they all have something different to offer. If they’re not rock star dancers, they’re great ambassadors or Academy teachers (I’m talking Miranda, Alexis, Amy etc). Some are all of the above too!

Hannah and Bridget look fantastic in that picture! I'm so happy to see Hannah look so good. I met her last year and she was really sweet. Shy and quiet, but still very sweet. She and my daughter have a mutual friend and we talked about that. 

• Love 13
(edited)
41 minutes ago, Jennv said:

For me it was when she turned to Jinelle , shooting daggers with her eyes, and said “ I just know that you’ve never had a weight problem “ it was said with such venom, and dare I say it, hatred. Up to that point all we had seen if Veruca was silly, hair pulling, overly bubbly immaturity, which is obnoxious, but not necessarily toxic. That one little moment showed that the friendly, bubbly puppy has a vicious side. 

Victoria also said this without any hesitation or an ounce of guilt. For someone who "had no words" when it came to media day, she sure was incredibly sharp and prepared when accused of lying in front of K/J.

Edited by Stee
  • Love 22
2 hours ago, PhoebeKelly1992 said:

IMG_20190723_134312.jpg

Hannah looks like a Barbie doll 😍

• Love 19