Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

8 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Ok, is there any VK fan that can objectively say that VK outdanced Jalyn?

36 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

I am not a VK fan at all. But none of us saw the auditions so how are we to know what the judges saw? Jalyn, minus her red hair, perhaps was less than her usual stellar self. Perhaps the judges felt she was just another so-so skinny brunette. Whereas VK draws attention (not necessarily always for the right reasons) - maybe she was lucky had an A++ day. 

No idea. My heart breaks for Jalyn.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Jennv said:

So did Jalyn get cut entirely or just SG?

Just from sg 

Just now, dotdot 37 said:

i wonder how many girls will decided its not worth staying on the team because they have to worry about every thing they say in the locker room will get back to the JKC

I think a lot more girls will retire after this season 

• Love 10
10 minutes ago, IzzyEnd said:

It's obvious that Kelly is defiantly "Showing" off VK. This was never going any differently and we all know it. The more criticism, the more "brave" she is. The more outrage, the more "praise" she will get. The more we as fans/viewers remind TPTB or their hypocrisy, the more "exceptional effort" this "brave and courageous" person VK is. Honestly, I pity VK because her life is not real, not in the big picture of a healthy balanced life. But in the microcosm developed for her, Mommies money will protect that bubble.

Regardless, I am disgusted. There is no lesson of humility going on here, and likely will be no accountability. My only hope is that she will be gracious, but I have heard not much has changed behind the scenes with her entitled behavior. In fact, she has become more manipulative to try and avoid disenchanting her enabling "handlers" if you will.

From what I have heard, the message to Vets and TCC is like it or leave and be supportive of our choices or leave. They have placed the responsibility onto a very select few to try to keep VK from making a fool of herself so that Kelly will not be the one touted as the fool she is. VK has her own dedicated damage control, prevention team. Expect her to get ROTY as well for "exceptional work ethic" blah blah. Provided she remains healthy and reasonable fit, the point will be hers by year 3. 

Kelly feels the right to do this, feels the years of sacrificing her life for DCC is enough of a reason. VK came back slightly better, even I can see that. But nothing earth shattering awesome. That is all they privately required. 

So there you go folks. I do not intend on watching just because I am already ill with the arrogance of the leadership there.  I am most disgusted with the lack of honestly. You know that good ole value they spew out to vulnerable TCC ladies hoping for this great dream come true.

Challenge this if they want, people always do. Mental health is very important and it really pains me to see dysfunction like this. Most of these wonderful young women work hard at improving themselves in a spiritual sense. Not all, obviously. It's a good thing Ecounseling Services and most State laws allow for properly diagnosing and Rx dispensing. Keeps "secrets" where they want them. In the dark. Good and very bad ones. DCC organizations love services that let lights be turned out conveniently.

Jayln, you have my support, my praise, my admiration, and sincere condolences, as this must feel like a death of sorts to you. Grieve in a healthy way, let your inner circle have your back so rehearsals can get back to being fun. DO not be tempted to kiss ass, I promise it makes it worse at times like this. I know you feel betrayed. It sucks. Know we care about your life. This will pass eventually, but for now, it is shitty, plain and simple. Sending my electronic girl power infusion of validation of your grace and skill, and respect for your honorable ethical outlook on life. Keep at it, in the end, you are the winner.

Who is her damage control team I’m sorry that’s funny !!😂

• Love 2

I'm not defending VK by any means, but Maddie went from being cut her first time trying out to making the team AND show group her second time trying out.  And becoming a first group leader by her 3rd year.  Last year, Heather was "demoted" from being 2nd group leader, to NOT being a group leader.

So while I feel for VK and Jalyn, it's also happened to others in the past.  If you want to throw a fit about Kelli and Judy being unfair and not watching anymore, you should have stopped watching years ago!

I'm genuinely excited about the upcoming season.  I wanna know the behind the scenes commentary about why some decisions were made... regardless of whether it is spin or not.  It's a TV show, and I watch it as entertainment!  

• Love 18
40 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

There's always been something wrong with the politics of the DCC, the Jenna/Erica/Holly situation comes to mind. They didn't care what was going on until it directly affected them and their brand. How long did they let their actions slide for? This is nothing new. They will 100% protect the people they want on their team. Anyone else would never get the same preferential treatment those three did.

Agree that politics have always played a role, and Kelli has always played favorites, but I get why this situation grates on people more than others. VK is a rookie candidate, a mediocre dancer, and while she’s pretty, she’s not Kelsey-level glamorous. She also doesn’t seem to do much of anything but dance, so you don’t even have the “she’s a sexy scientist!” storyline. Say what you will about Holly, Jenna, and Erica’s behavior, but they were top dancers on the team and vets who had been there for years. Had Jenna gained a bunch of weight her rookie training camp, lied to Kelli, and thrown a staff member under the bus, I’m going to go out on a limb and say that she never would’ve made the team, ever. 

There is no reason why VK has received any of the treatment that she has other than that she’s Tina’s daughter. There’s nothing fat she brings to the table that’s above and beyond what the other tccs provide. In that regard, the favoritism that she has received is on a different level. At the very least, Cassie was always in shape. And even with Malena who was the benefit of favoritism, she was uniform-ready and following the rules. 

Now, I’m not gonna stop watching over VK, and I don’t even dislike her. If (and we don’t know this) Kelli pushed out Jalyn to make room for VK on show group, that’s on Kelli, not her. However, I get why people don’t like the situation and vent about it on here.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, LadyMsJay said:

False.

Literally.

Meh. She could carry a tune, but "sing her heart out" is a bit..much. Maybe compared to her competition.

They weren’t even on the team at the same time...sigh🙄.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Who is her damage control team I’m sorry that’s funny !!😂

Hey good, ole hyper micromanager, Kelly makes sure there is a proper chain of command specifically for her. What is so upsetting is by reports most of the girls are not even allowed to call. I initially had misunderstood DCC were encouraged to remain in contact, but it turns out, not direct contact.    

Dysfunction on this sort often results in a scenario where a person like Auntie Kelly becomes the one checking in with you, as a gentle reminder to keep at the good work and discuss any rumors or chatter of things unpleasant, to address. Not as a warning, but as a counteractive agent thing. And oh by the way..." so and so" will be helping you out this week. Tying to balance those they are willing to risk trusting, with those who get burned out having to wrangle by the one being enabled. Man, it must be tiresome for all those caught in the crossfire of rumor mills, factual reporting, the actual lowdown that's just crappy to deal with, and so on. All for hardly any paid income at all.

By the way...the motivation for the VK being on SG, is to also allow for the most exposure to whose who. TV appearances and performances, best community appearance offers, biggest media events, rubbing armpits with famous people armpits...etc.....being on SG justifies that. Just saying...more to come...more to come I am sure. 

19 minutes ago, Stee said:

If you want to throw a fit about Kelli and Judy being unfair and not watching anymore, you should have stopped watching years ago!

Well, to each their own. I think what most are saying when expressing not watching anymore, is not so much as "NEVER" watching an episode. But setting every record reminder or protected DVR space. just is no longer a priority. Will not purchase the season etc. The hype has evaporated when we used to be more excited and happy to share the experience with the gals...etc, etc.

People getting disenchanted is kinda normal for any show 14 years long. People stop watching all kinds of things based on ethical differences. That is the sticking point here, Doesn't mean we don't stay informed. But I hear ya. 

Tiresome...and as a viewer, my lack of viewership is one way to communicate. There is a reason why so many areas stopped including CMT shows. But I get your point, I do.

• Love 1
(edited)

I wonder if vk expects to travel with show group when they leave for Oxnard for cowboys training camp even though she hasn’t official made the team 

Edited by Holly85

Based on the info above, I wonder if Jalyn is considering quitting TC right now, & if others who see how things are going, & likely to go, would join in quitting now rather than retiring at the end of the season.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
Just now, allirish47 said:

Based on the info above, I wonder if Jalyn is considering quitting TC right now, & if others who see how things are going, & likely to go, would join in quitting now rather than retiring at the end of the season.

That’s a good question I wonder that to 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, allirish47 said:

I don’t see her quitting over that as it would be quite unprofessional-yes it’s unfair, but she has signed a contract to be a dcc, not SG and she will honor that. Unfortunately, i don’t see her staying for a third year...

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

I wonder if vk expects to travel with show group when they leave for Oxnard for cowboys training camp even though she hasn’t official made the team 

She's been around the team for most of her life, I don't think she's stupid enough to think she's going to go to Oxnard.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

I don’t see her quitting over that as it would be quite unprofessional-yes it’s unfair, but she has signed a contract to be a dcc, not SG and she will honor that. Unfortunately, i don’t see her staying for a third year...

True bc I remember Angela did five years and never made show group she didn’t quit bc of it !! 

8 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

I mean, that's what happened to Tara so...Jalyn's head could be cut. 

It’s interesting one thing I noticed was that lately Jalyn hasn’t been featured as much as she was last year especially as one of the strongest dancers. You see a lot more of Caroline, Bridget, other girls who weren’t as promient last year. Noting from her solo was shown and I was wondering why she was fading so maybe there’s something more going on? I mean look if we’re being honest if a vet had to be booted off of showgroup for doing a bad job at the auditions from what we saw it should be Daphne. Had someone said Daphne didn’t make it but VK did, based on those small clips we saw I’d be like ‘ok fair enough, VK was MUCH better than her’. But Daphne has what looks to have been a pretty bad all around Audition and is kept but Jalyn is off? That’s odd. 

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Mercurialsteph said:

It’s interesting one thing I noticed was that lately Jalyn hasn’t been featured as much as she was last year especially as one of the strongest dancers. You see a lot more of Caroline, Bridget, other girls who weren’t as promient last year. Noting from her solo was shown and I was wondering why she was fading so maybe there’s something more going on? I mean look if we’re being honest if a vet had to be booted off of showgroup for doing a bad job at the auditions from what we saw it should be Daphne. Had someone said Daphne didn’t make it but VK did, based on those small clips we saw I’d be like ‘ok fair enough, VK was MUCH better than her’. But Daphne has what looks to have been a pretty bad all around Audition and is kept but Jalyn is off? That’s odd. 

Jalyn is the only Vet that didn't make it back, which mean Daphne has. Daphne has caused negative PR for the group and every clip we got of her was lackluster at auditions. Her kicks were low, her dancing was sloppy...etc. I was actually confused and had to blow up the imagine to see who it was, because Daphne was a much stronger dance last year. 

• Love 5

I honestly don’t think Jalyn, or any of the vets, would be stupid enough to talk smack about VK after being there last year. The writing has been on the wall for a long time. 

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

While I think quitting solely because she didn’t make show group again would be childish, I don’t necessarily see it as unprofessional if she is upset about the lack of transparency or thinks that there may be some underlying issue. I know that it’s not completely apples to apples, but It’s kind of similar to a person getting demoted in a regular job, and most people would expect some sort of explanation. Did she just get outdanced or is there something else going on? If it’s the latter, then I think she would be smart to get out now. Kelli doesn’t let stuff go. 

Im also curious about the contract. Given that they’re in training camp and can be cut for simply being outdanced, I wouldn’t think that she would be breaking her contract to leave at this point, but I don’t know how it’s written. 

If anything, I think they would make her look bad on the show if she left, so it may be smart to just avoid that, although Holly has certainly bounced back in her dance career, so there’s that.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Jalyn is the only Vet that didn't make it back, which mean Daphne has. Daphne has caused negative PR for the group and every clip we got of her was lackluster at auditions. Her kicks were low, her dancing was sloppy...etc. I was actually confused and had to blow up the imagine to see who it was, because Daphne was a much stronger dance last year. 

No I know Daphne has made it back thats what I was saying HAD it been Daphne cut and VK put on in her place I would have thought that plausible since in those clips VK looked at least ten times better than Daphne. But for BOTH to make it and Jalyn not to unless she had an absolute disasterous showing is suspect. And considering Jalyn lately is NEVER shown...how could we know? I am worried for her that she is the next Tara with how little we see of her in general lately 

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Mercurialsteph said:

No I know Daphne has made it back thats what I was saying HAD it been Daphne cut and VK put on in her place I would have thought that plausible since in those clips VK looked at least ten times better than Daphne. But for BOTH to make it and Jalyn not to unless she had an absolute disasterous showing is suspect. And considering Jalyn lately is NEVER shown...how could we know? I am worried for her that she is the next Tara with how little we see of her in general lately 

Worried for her as well...

• Love 1
(edited)
12 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

While I think quitting solely because she didn’t make show group again would be childish, I don’t necessarily see it as unprofessional if she is upset about the lack of transparency or thinks that there may be some underlying issue. I know that it’s not completely apples to apples, but It’s kind of similar to a person getting demoted in a regular job, and most people would expect some sort of explanation. Did she just get outdanced or is there something else going on? If it’s the latter, then I think she would be smart to get out now. Kelli doesn’t let stuff go. 

Im also curious about the contract. Given that they’re in training camp and can be cut for simply being outdanced, I wouldn’t think that she would be breaking her contract to leave at this point, but I don’t know how it’s written. 

If anything, I think they would make her look bad on the show if she left, so it may be smart to just avoid that, although Holly has certainly bounced back in her dance career, so there’s that.

I seriously hope a ton of vets leave after this year. DCC is no longer world class and TPTB need to see talented dancers aren’t going to play bs politics anymore. The best dancers should make SG and there is no way that’s Victoria is a better over all ambassador than Jalyn. Needless to say, I will not be watching this year. 

Edit: I think this might have been why Kashara left as well. She probably saw the writing on the wall.

Edited by chrishunt
  • Love 12

Not sure if the Tara comparison is the right one for this situation. I liked Tara just fine and thought she had a cute narrative with Savannah, but always thought she was a blender. She’s pretty, but not drop dead gorgeous like some others. She had short legs in the uniform, didn’t usually photograph that well, and had lost a lot of her sparkle through the season. 

It always stinks when a vet is cut unless it’s a big old schadenfreude situation, but I feel like Tara got elevated to Star DCC status somewhere along the way and not sure why that happened. I was much more bummed when Kali was cut, or even Gabby this year. Tara’s I understood. 

The Jaylyn situation is very disappointing, so hopefully it’ll be addressed on the show or through inside info. I really liked Daphne last season, but she’s obviously struggling. I will say, many of the women that we thought had gotten too thin (thinking Daphne, Tess, Gina and a few others normally not on the radar) looked fantastic in the pics. Photoshop is a terrifying tool. 

• Love 7

daphne went to UCLA and they love that. She’ll never get cut.  

This is also a reality show and I don’t know Jalyn nor do I have vested interest in any of these people so I’m not sad or mad.  I like watching the show and the best episodes are when drama happens (chelsey, Tara). I’m cold hearted I guess but drama makes the show interesting. 

• Love 4
Just now, unknownuser said:

does someone have a list of all the show group members from last year? how many spaces opened up due to retirees? 

Returning Vets on Show Group from Last Season: 

Amy, Amber, Bridget, Daphne, Gina, Hannah, Heather, (Jalyn-Cut), Lexie, Maddie and Tess 

• Love 1
Just now, Kayce said:

Returning Vets on Show Group from Last Season: 

Amy, Amber, Bridget, Daphne, Gina, Hannah, Heather, (Jalyn-Cut), Lexie, Maddie and Tess 

So we know Amanda and Victoria are added to that list so five open spots: I bet it’s Caroline, Alexis, Miranda, Erin, Madeline M. Maybe sub Kelcey or Ashlee for one of those. 

1 minute ago, Mercurialsteph said:

So we know Amanda and Victoria are added to that list so five open spots: I bet it’s Caroline, Alexis, Miranda, Erin, Madeline M. Maybe sub Kelcey or Ashlee for one of those. 

I could see any/all of them on SG 🙂 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Perhaps she was overheard being critical of VK . . .

Well, if that's the case she needs to be careful. Could be Tara'ed before TC is over.

50 minutes ago, kalibean said:

The Jaylyn situation is very disappointing, so hopefully it’ll be addressed on the show or through inside info.

I have no doubt it will be "addressed" on the show. Judy and Kelli will say something about "performance signals" probably ;).

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I'll continue to watch the show.  I always liked Jalyn so do hate that for her.  Will be interesting to see how the discussion went (if we get to see it).  

Something had to have happened we just don't know about yet.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Stee said:

I'm not defending VK by any means, but Maddie went from being cut her first time trying out to making the team AND show group her second time trying out.  And becoming a first group leader by her 3rd year.  Last year, Heather was "demoted" from being 2nd group leader, to NOT being a group leader.

So while I feel for VK and Jalyn, it's also happened to others in the past.  If you want to throw a fit about Kelli and Judy being unfair and not watching anymore, you should have stopped watching years ago!

I'm genuinely excited about the upcoming season.  I wanna know the behind the scenes commentary about why some decisions were made... regardless of whether it is spin or not.  It's a TV show, and I watch it as entertainment!  

Yes!!!! I watch for the entertainment.   Not my team and not personally invested. I don't care who makes the team, just show me a ton of dancing and deliberations.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, IzzyEnd said:

Kelly feels the right to do this, feels the years of sacrificing her life for DCC is enough of a reason.

DCC is much of her identity so I don't understand why she would consider it as sacrificing her life.  She can give her notice any time and go somewhere else.

• Love 2

Idk how many of y'all follow college basketball, but the whole VK thing makes me think of the benchwarmer kid of the Kentucky coach.

It says "Earned not given" if you can't read it 😄

earned-not-given.jpg

• Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

I am not a VK fan at all. But none of us saw the auditions so how are we to know what the judges saw? Jalyn, minus her red hair, perhaps was less than her usual stellar self. Perhaps the judges felt she was just another so-so skinny brunette. Whereas VK draws attention (not necessarily always for the right reasons) - maybe she was lucky had an A++ day. 

No idea. My heart breaks for Jalyn.

I agree...and VK was Kelli’s amazing superstar last year (but it all unraveled) so even if there is a smidgen of improvement this year, Kelli is going to be even more amazed by this talented, beautiful storm and will make a space for VK, anywhere and everywhere. 

The night we were waiting for SG announcements, didn’t someone come on this board and write a long post about VK and how she deserves grace and forgiveness...something like that? 

Edit:  I’m not sure VK pulled a Maddie this year.  Maddie could dance but needed the DCC look.  Based on last year, if VK makes a dance mistake it is forgiven. 

Edited by Jazzmom
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Mercurialsteph said:

Good analysis.  I’ve never understood the cult of Daphne.  I found her milquetoast before and now she’s unattractively thin.  Do straight men really find her that sexy? Is her dancing really all that?

4 hours ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

There's always been something wrong with the politics of the DCC, the Jenna/Erica/Holly situation comes to mind. They didn't care what was going on until it directly affected them and their brand. How long did they let their actions slide for? This is nothing new. They will 100% protect the people they want on their team. Anyone else would never get the same preferential treatment those three did.

Well it is above all a business. Profit and brand come first and foremost. Not fairness, kindness, talent. 

• Love 1

What in the holy hell is happening, Kelli Finglass? Have you lost all your damn minds? Jalyn was robbed. Daphne needs cut or given the op to excuse herself from camp. Girl looks horrible physically and has no stamina. 

I’m shocked they haven’t put Miss Almost America on show group.

i can’t even decide what to comment on VK, except reinforcing my prediction that she’ll hopefully be a one bit wonder.

Also TOLD Y’ALL SHE’D MAKE SHOWGROUP!

• Love 12

I think all of the previous and current DCC's have earned their spots on the team .  I can understand that we all have our favorites and opinions on dance and attractiveness .  I have always felt that all of these young women are at the very least great dancers, fit, and very pretty!

UNTIL NOW !

I think back to the episode where TIna made comments about Chandler's smile - VK's mouth looks the exact same to me.  As others have said, her last year behavior would have had her cut at Finals or Semi's and instead she is rewarded with Show group ?  Someone needs to add a "throw up" emoji option to this forum!

The organization  has to wonder why their audition numbers are dwindling - it will only get worse as many dancers will be thinking they don't have a chance unless they already have an "in".  

As others have said , I will not watch this season!

Jaylyn - they don't deserve your talent - keep your chin up !!

• Love 11

From what we saw, Victoria was better than Daphne, so if anyone got favorable treatment it was Daphne. But as usual, every decision the DCC makes has to be run through the VK Filter. Have we even seen Jalyn's SG audition? What was her reputation last year? I mean, they took Daphne over her so there must be a non-Victoria reason for her cut. I know that hurts the narrative, but what can you do.

After the backlash to Victoria's reaction for not making it last year, I hope Jalyn has the good sense to suck it up and not whine about it. If anyone (not picking on Jalyn, just in general) quits over not making SG, I say good riddance. No one needs entitled brats on the team.

Of course, I don't give a rodent's rear who is on SG. Like it literally does not matter to me at all.

• Love 7