Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E05: Liar, Liar, Friendships On Fire

• Start Topic

I don't have much to say other than Emily's daughter is cute, I loved the petting zoo, Shane is a douche, Archie is a rock star, and Braunwyn should have told Tamra to eff off and then just gotten off the bus and gone home.  (And once again, Tamra starts some mean girl shit and then runs over to force someone to "look at me" after claiming she can't stand to see her cry when she instigated the shit.)  

Otherwise boring.  I may be done with this franchise.  

• Love 15
53 minutes ago, nr65000 said:

That scene reminded me of Darcy from 90DF....8 carrot soup....carrots?, like an engagement ring??????

This conversation showed me how interested I am in getting married.  The waiter said 8 carrot soup, Kelly thought of engagement rings and I thought, "8 carrot soup?  Ewww."

• LOL 11
  • Love 2

I think Shane knew that he didn't pass and was embarrassed to be filmed talking about it, knowing it would air after the results were posted.  That said, he loathes his wife and family. He doesn't even enjoy spending time with his kids.  He's stuck because Emily is the breadwinner and unless he wants to move across the street to mommy's house., he has nowhere to go.  I hope that Emily can find some inner strength and kick him to the curb.

I wonder when Kelly learned of Tamra's role in the train rumor.

So Gina has two interview looks, the platinum hair which matches the intro and orange hair which is closer to how she looked during filming. Which is the latest?

• Love 11
10 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

I don't know.  The crying jag manipulated Tamra into dropping her line of attack.  I'm not shocked that Bronwyn did show recon before starting to film.  She is transparently thirsty about being a reality star.

I agree with this. I think she manipulated the hell out of everyone. She was exceptionally quick with the self-awareness and psychological analysis of the root of all her issues. "I'm so sorry, ladies. You're 100% right. I messed up, but I'm so glad it happened because now I know now that I need to work on myself!" 

Tamra has met her match.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Bronzedog said:

This conversation showed me how interested I am in getting married.  The waiter said 8 carrot soup, Kelly thought of engagement rings and I thought, "8 carrot soup?  Ewww."

And I was trying to count the number of different-colored carrots I’ve seen and eaten. I think my Trader Joe’s Carrots of Many Colors only has three or four...

• LOL 2

Initially I agreed somewhat with Rainbow Brite but reading KeyWestClubKid's post completely changed my mind.  My self reliance started around 10.  Last of 7 kids raised by a single mom I had been left to my own devices.  Bronwyn just rubbed me the wrong way with her whining but Rainbow Brite has no right to justify shit.

Dammit why did I start watching this mess again?!

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
13 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Braunie’s pity party is getting old already. She’s going to blame her bad childhood for every mistake she makes.  Very few people have had a perfect childhood or parents. And like her mom said at least she’s didn’t turn out to be a refugee. 

Sorry - but B's mom looks like she escaped from Clown Prison - so she might be a refugee seeking asylum from Bozo & Co

• LOL 15
  • Love 6

Surprise, surprise Browned Wind is a messy bitch. I am all about fucking with demon seed Tamra's life but jeez lady she crumbled like a ritz cracker under an elephant's foot as soon as she was found out.  And her excuse is that she had a rough childhood which made her a people pleaser. Really?!!? And Tamra fell for that?  Another lie - Browned Wind claiming she didn't know there was beef between those 2 ladies and Tamra. Browned Wind strikes me as a thirsty fan who wanted in on the franchise, no way was she unaware. 

In all seriousness, Tamra beefs with everyone and I cannot think of too many ex OC HW besides Heather Dubrow, Lauri and maybe Lynne that Tamra is on good terms with. Further indication that Tamra is the problem. Tamra would've had a problem if Brown reached out to anyone. 

Another thing about Browned Wind, I hate when women come on this show and claim to want to find themselves and take down their walls. Bitch, RH is not the place to be taking down walls -  you, in fact, want to erect more. BUILD. THAT. WALL. 

12 hours ago, Dance4Life said:

A husband that doesn’t want to be on camera and over all the fakeness that is this show!

If he truly doesn't want to be on camera, then why do a talking head? I don't believe husbands are obligated to do one, so why do it? Doing it did him no favors. He just tripled down on being an asshole by doing that. 

2 hours ago, OFDgal said:

I missed how Tamra got the screen shots of Brawn's texts.  Can someone help me out here?  

Emily had them for some reason. 

Please Bravo, no hip hop dancing ever again. Shannon made me uncomfortable. The only thing that could've been worse was having Vicki there so thank goodness for small favors.

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 11
11 hours ago, Dance4Life said:

Or, play it at the end to get a better deal in the divorce. Very manipulative.

Shane looked like he had been out partying and showed up starving! He looked all sweaty and in major a’hole-mode! 

If my husband left to some hotel to *study* and did not want me to stop by during a meal to chat......I would change the locks.  

But, this marital drama is her storyline! 

I am not sticking up for Shane.  I just do not like how Emily is giving this ‘end of marriage’  storyline life. 

It would not make one bit of difference in the divorce if she got his cruelty on camera.  It's a no fault divorce state and spouses aren't penalized financially for bad behavior (unless its financial misconduct). 

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

Another thing about Browned Wind, I hate when women come on this show and claim to want to find themselves and take down their walls. Bitch, RH is not the place to be taking down walls -  you, in fact, want to erect more. BUILD. THAT. WALL. 

This!!!  And of all people, DoNOTConfideInTamra!!!  She will use that against you at some point.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Carolina Girl said:

Oh, and Tammy Sue and Shannon? There are plenty of reasons Emily isn't defending Gina in this.  There are attorneys who SPECIALIZE in handling DUI cases, and are experts on the types of arguments to make, the challenge to the breathalyzer calibration, etc., especially in the case of a first offense, as well as having a working relationship with the courthouse staff that most likely hears these cases.  They have an ongoing professional relationship with the DA's in Orange County and would be able to strike a bargain regarding fines, community service, etc.  They also can be useful regarding dealing with the DMV.  This is the lawyer you want to take with you.  A friend who got busted for DUI asked our mutual lawyer friend to handle his matter, and the friend said "no - you want someone who knows their way around these matters."

Not surprising coming from Tammy "Cyst and Deceased letter" Sue.  I enjoyed Emily's response on twitter.

• LOL 17
  • Love 5
19 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Didn't she say on the last episode (in regards to Emily's apolecia/stress) you're gonna realize how STUPID your problems are compared to mine.

In this episode, Gina said their relationship was Emily checking in to see how Gina was doing and that Emily was slacking on the job.

Fuck you Gina

what about the preview for next week that Gina says Shannon is her new best friend and shits all over Emily who has been there for her since forever... Gina girl with your  bloated drunk face you need to check yourself cause Shannon is def a fairweather friend and will dump you if you cross Tamra 

• Love 11

I get that Shane probably didn't want to talk about the test. Days of non stop studying, it must have been a relief to be done with it. I also don't believe in your gut post test telling you how you did. Too many variables. Some  people think they ace everything, others think they fail everything. Self-perception can be so off.  And unless you totally bombed, like the questions were so foreign that there's no way you answered them right, I wouldn't want to conduct a post mortem either. So you know what you do? You don't fucking film!! Just say no. 

I know people who passed the bar on the 3rd time, but I don't know anyone who failed 3 times and passed on the 4th, 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I feel like I have a speech impediment when I say Braunwyn's name.    And for having 438 kids, I sense zero sexual chemistry between her and her husband.    Also, her mom is a weirdo.

Shane.  I think he's a dick.  But dick's don't bother me - at least he's putting his dickness out there and not being a sniper dick from the side.  Shrug.  Honestly, I get the vibe he wanted nothing to do with RHOC from jump, doesn't want to be on camera, doesn't want to be filmed and is doing so by protest. 

Gina looks horribly washed out in her talking heads.  White blond is not her friend. 

And finally, a show without the OG Vicki.  Didn't miss her one iota.  

• Love 13

I don't like Emily so I don't really care that her marriage is crumbling, but that Shane is seriously an asshole and she's stupid to practically beg for affection from a man who clearly has none for her. I do agree, though, that he didn't want to talk about the exam and she just kept pushing it, which was unwise. Kudos to the poster who said Shane totally "friend zoned" his wife.

Gina. She's a fair weather friend. And even though I don't like Emily, she doesn't deserve to have Gina throwing her new "friendship" with Shannon in her face, especially since she's the only one who has been there for the DUIdiot the entire time. Shannon is being kind to Gina because the girl is a fucking mess, she's been through a painful divorce herself and feels sorry for her, but I don't think she like-likes her as a real friend. Tamra's probably more than enough trashy than Shannon can bear. And Gina's more interested in what Shannon can do for her than being a real friend.

Moreover, post-divorce life for her is going to be a whole different cup of tea. Shannon is living the life of the gay divorcee without a money care in the world. She was quite well off before her marriage and she's quite well off now. Matt doesn't have a fucking job. This girl can't seem to even furnish her rental with the basics, never mind fill it with expensive furnishings. There was practically an echo in there. 

Gina said she was mean to Shannon because she was secretly going through the same thing. She's going to resent her again when she's broke as a joke when all is settled. Even Tamra, who is supposed to be Shannon's friend, resented her temporary alimony deal.

Gina needs to pack her bags and head back to Long Island.

• Love 15
14 hours ago, Dance4Life said:

There is a rumor about wanna-be’s stalking current housewives to get on the show.

Braunwyn was busted.   Hello Lizzie!  Hello Gretchen!

Oh, honey....we gotta get a membership to the Balboa Club.  I can stalk Kelly there!

girrrrrrl!  🤣

She is a mommy blogger looking for exposure to sell a book about her life (😴😴😴😴😴) and leotards!

and, will befriend this bunch to make it happen.  

The scene with her daughter about the leotard company bugged the shit out of me.  Sure, spend a bunch of money trying to make your teen an instagram influencer/biz person just to give her something else to focus on.  How about paying for someone to take her SAT's while you are at it?  They strike me as THAT type of parent.  

I didn't like much about this episode.  Gina needs a minder and off this show (could she BE any messier??), Emily is boring AF and how many ways does Shane need to show you he is over it, Tamra is gross, Shannon (who I normally like well enough) was a see ya next Tuesday to Braunwyn re the lie (which also bugged me, own your actions!), the costumes for the dance lesson was inappropriate, and Kelly seems desperate and if that dude wasn't a plastic surgeon she would have no time for him.  So I am left with why the eff am I watching??  

• Love 8
13 hours ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

They need to keep Shane off my screen. He is the biggest asshole of all the husbands I've ever watched on all the "Housewives" franchises. What husband laughs when asked if he misses his wife? 

And anytime Emily tries to converse with him or even touch him, he recoils like she has cooties. Why is she torturing herself by staying in this marriage?

Nah, that is Jim Marchese from NJ who cut off his son's support after he found out he was gay.  Among other issues. 

I suspect Shane had enough of the show last season and told Emily, FINE, go ahead and be on the show but I want no part of it.  That is what I got from the scene an ep or so ago where he was studying for the bar and referenced everyone calling him and how it bordered on harassment.  I suspect production for some of the calls.  Shane is clearly over Emily and her fame grab.  I too am clearly over Emily (and Pari) so I get it.  HA!  This show is circling the drain and picking up speed.

• Love 14

Liked it when Shannon told Gina that it "wasn't the right time to talk" which I took to mean, because it was being filmed. Good on Shannon.

11 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

the costumes for the dance lesson was inappropriate,

Why do you say this Natalie68?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

what about the preview for next week that Gina says Shannon is her new best friend and shits all over Emily who has been there for her since forever... Gina girl with your  bloated drunk face you need to check yourself cause Shannon is def a fairweather friend and will dump you if you cross Tamra 

I think Shannon and Emily are being gaslighted. Gina and Tamra do not want Shannon and Emily to be friends.

It started last year. Of the 2 new HW's Emily got more audience approval. If one of them has to go, Gina is going to everything and anything she can to keep that orange. Gina is not a friend to Emily. I'm sure she whispered things to Emily about what Shannon said about her.

Tamra hates Emily. Tamra was whispering into Shannon's ears about how awful Emily was to her and lied about her.

Tamra and Gina are buddy/buddy.

Soon after the reunion filmed, Gina was already buddying up to Shannon and Tamra paved the way to make that happen. I don't think Emily really knew about it.

Does anyone remember what Emily said about Tamra at the reunion? It was something about her finances. It was from that point that Tamra's hate grew exponentially. If you remember at Tamra's house party, Shannon said she blocked Emily at the same time Tamra did.

Shannon is clingy and needy. She needs therapy and I don't think she realizes that she replaced David with Tamra. Tamra is abusive and holds things over her head. Last season, Shannon was berated by Tamra for being a "bad" friend - and Shannon took it because Tamra made her believe it was all Shannon's fault and that she was a bad friend. Shannon was the same with Vicki - because in the beginning of her stint on the show - Vicki showed her kindness and she lets that over-ride the abuse and manipulation.

If Shannon and Emily could have an honest heart to heart talk off camera and compare notes of what Gina/Tamra said to each of them - they could be friends. Unfortunately, Gina and Tamra know just how reactive both Emily and Shannon are and they know how to rile them up before each filmed event. They walk onto set already mad at each other

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Useful 6
  • Love 8
15 hours ago, Andi27 said:

Shane is an ass, but I can't blame him for not wanting to talk about the bar exam in the immediate aftermath.

He doesn't want to talk about it, leave it. But then he needs to engage with his family; he doesn't seem to be able to acknowledge that other people have needs, lives, burdens and stress.

I'm sure this is what the producers requested Emily to discuss with Shane when filming. Nothing about any of this franchise is real any more. It's just The (Some Are and Some Aren't) Housewives of Orange County. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, psychoticstate said:

According to Emily's Twitter, she didn't supply Tamra and Shannon with any text messages re Braunwyn.  Emily says she told Gina off-camera what happened and shared the texts with Gina and it was Gina who sent them to Tamra and Shannon.  

Great...so Gretchen and Lizzie take screen shots and share them with Emily , who gives them to Gina, who gives them to either or both Shannon and Tamra.

Tamra then loads up to hit Braunwynne with this.

On the show, I don't think they provided actual screenshots just reproductions on screen, so it;s possible Emily was included on them.

I think its all ridiculous, who knows what producer/handler called/emailed who's producer/handler first anyway?

Edited by MajorNelson
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, psychoticstate said:

According to Emily's Twitter, she didn't supply Tamra and Shannon with any text messages re Braunwyn.  Emily says she told Gina off-camera what happened and shared the texts with Gina and it was Gina who sent them to Tamra and Shannon.  

Right - Gina is totally playing Emily.

So Tamra doesn't like Braunwyn because Braunwyn is friends with Lizzie and Gretchen. I still call Bullshit when it comes to the rumor about Eddie being revealed at Vicki's party was planned by G&L. They did ask questions and wanted more details - but I don't think they invited the guy - Vicki did. This was Tamra and Eddie's friend - no one ever explained why they stopped being friends. Gretchen and Lizzie can't "act" and their curiosity seemed genuine.

Emily is good friends with Lizzie and never hid that - in fact she was in talks with Lizzie since last year to start some bathing suit/athletic wear line for curvier bodies.

Emily needs to throw an event and surprise invite Lizzie & Gretchen - maybe Vegas so Tamra can lose her shit.

• LOL 2
  • Love 15
13 hours ago, Dance4Life said:

Eddie had his ‘I hate filming’ moment.... but now over the last few seasons Tamra doesn’t force him to film. We just see Eddie doing the least.  Either CUT scenes or some party where couples have to attend.

I am just tired of the fakeness.  Housewives come on this show and pretend everything is perfect.  

We spend all season calling their marriage fake and heading into divorce.

Then they come back next season......and, suck all the energy from the show and even expect our sympathy.

This is what Gina is doing this season.....yet, we all knew they were separated last season.  They just need to be honest.

Shannon did this, too.  David already had an affair and they were not sleeping in the same bedroom.

Who knows? Emily is an attorney.

Maybe Emily just wants all the ‘marital cruelty’ on camera to get a bigger alimony check.  But, she is very aware......Shane is looking very bad and forcing it all on camera.

It is like a sick game they are BOTH playing on camera.....and, quite frankly it is very uncomfortable to watch!  

And we were all fairly certain he had a side piece.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

Eddie may act a bit reserved and even annoyed at times, but he’s never acted anything remotely like Shane. Eddie clearly (and often inexplicably) loves Tamra the Terrible. I don’t know if Shane’s ever loved Emily. If he once did, those feelings appear to be long gone.

Is it ok in your early 40s? Braunwyn is 41. Although I’m not sure why someone’s age or how many kids they have has any bearing on getting your feelings hurt. 

Yeah that was my mistake and a dishonest one 😂. I have definitely read that Bronwyn is 41 before. Something about her face just screams middle aged to me and I don’t know why, maybe it’s just the excess filler in her lips.

I am 45 and get my feelings hurt by mean girls all the time and have even shed a tear over it. But I haven’t pasted a pout on my face, flounced off from the group and made a big production for a camera when wiping my tears. There was something about Braunwyns display that seemed like she was trying to play the victim. Getting caught in a lie is really embarrassing but something tells me Braunwyn will be turning on the tears a lot this season.

Also, I am all about bringing down walls and seeking intimacy in friendships but is a reality show the most authentic place to do this??

• Love 7
56 minutes ago, tvfanatic13 said:

Liked it when Shannon told Gina that it "wasn't the right time to talk" which I took to mean, because it was being filmed. Good on Shannon.

Why do you say this Natalie68?

I didn't think that dressing up as a past hip hop artist was a good look for them.  

• Love 2

This is the only one in the franchise that prefers them in their day to day as opposed to group outings.   It's the one time Tamra seems almost human.

And boo to any mention of Gretchen...she is a gifter that should never have joined the show.  The way she constantly threw Alexis under the bus showed her true character. 

Gina should have also been downgraded..but her groveling to Shannon was satisfying 🙂

any theories on why Emily doesn't like Shannon?

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

Indeed.  After listening to that ridiculous asshole, I was like "so these are the options?  A well adjusted child or a refugee?  And if your child did not end up the latter you can count yourself a successful parent?"  

And Mommy Dearest, Ringling Brothers is no more, so please stop dressing like an audition for the clown car.

This!  ^ Your post is dead on. 

That hag looks like an IT reject.  Seriously, the old hen needs to grow the eff up and pull her head out of her dumb ass.   She's only a unicorn-riding-fairy-princess in her vapid pea-brain. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 12

Where did all of Gina’s furniture disappear to. Last year she was living in a place that was furnished  

Was the furniture rented because it looks as if she now has almost no furniture. It looks like a crash pad. 

And with Matt out of a job and probably unemployable in the finance industry, she is gong to be reliant on the Bravo paycheck. 

Of course there are these ex-housewives like Gretchen who manage a fairly enviable economic lifestyle without any visible income. Can an ex-housewife really make that much money from social media payments and endorsements?

• Love 1