Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: Love Is A Battlefield

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, MajorNelson said:

I hope Tim and Jennifer blow up; then he returns and Veronica and he wed or whatever.

Akini is kinda nice (and innocent sounding).  Weird that her friend says she watches movies and likes whites.  Weird too that Ben is not her type but she nonetheless digs him.  Good luck, all.  Oh did you notice Ben's first wife was black?  So this couple has a 2-way jungle-fever thing happening!

I know I'm wrong, but I'm kinda rooting for these two crazy kids.  She seemed so genuine, that girl from Haiti could barely contain her disgust but akini was so happy.  

I know he is broke and her family is probably going to try to extort him but I hope it works out!,

• Love 8
12 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Tim definitely has at least a slight, effeminate twinge to him. 

SLIGHT? 

11 hours ago, Spike said:

There was no cricket in this episode.

The cricket attire was in the previews

• Love 3
On 8/25/2019 at 7:58 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

Tom may be turned off by Darcy, due to her emotions, but I also believe that he is just not into her at all. He seems actually repulsed, imo. She has to know that he doesn't want her to touch him.

Rebecca seems like a real drama queen who feeds off discord.  She can't plead ignorance.  She knows what she's doing.  I don't like her at all.

Avery's mother is very unlikeable. She seems to lack common sense.

I have lost any sympathy for Ceasar.

Tom is trying so hard not to sleep with her and based on this episode I hope he can resist.  Sleeping with Darcy would be an epic disaster.  He would almost certainly have to move.  She would 220% say she was led on.  

When she was like "yeah, we have a good conversation last night" I was like....."girl is that what you call it when you beg a man to bang you as your drunkenly blubber?"

I feel for Tom, he may be a fame whore, but yikes.  Also, why doesn't Darcy wear those "heeled" sneakers?  At least she would be able to walk.....with her love of liquor and ridiculous heels she is going to end up in the river.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, mamadrama said:

She's literally sitting in a car and saying, "Yeah, I could live here" before she's even stepped foot on the street.

I think Darcey was picturing herself in a fairy tale, as royalty living in Buckingham Palace. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 9
On 8/26/2019 at 12:19 AM, MajorNelson said:

Darcy wants to make sure Tom is in "exclusive" mode, and finds out he put the other women on hold, but is just giving their relationship some space...and is befuddled.  She is a disaster!

Avery is planning to get married 6 months after converting.  Oh, swell! 😕

The rest of the sad sacks, well you all know the basics....more delusion!

I thought tom did the right thing.  I wouldn't want to fly across the country for a guy who was dating multiple women, so I get that.  But why does she keep pushing....why does she think he wants to marry her especially after she was a drunken mess the night before?  Do drunks think this is a turn on for people who aren't drunk?

If I were Darcy I'd be so embarrassed that I'd be playing it cucumbers cool in an effort to get my dignity back. 

On 8/26/2019 at 6:12 AM, blubld43 said:

I thought she wasn't as hot as Tim thinks she is, can't really explain why but something about her face is very masculine, her jawline, idk.

OMG......this!  I find her face very masculine. 

She looked really pretty in some of the taxi shots, but her THs make her look kinda manly. 

On 8/26/2019 at 7:22 AM, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Violet is adorable though!  I guess I have to give Tim credit for being engaging, yet respectful with the little girl.  

Violet is very sweet and cute.  

23 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Some of the stairs in UK homes and public places can be narrow and steep. Darcey should simply have removed her shoes.

I remember there being so many cobblestones.  I would die in those heels.  

22 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Maybe we need a 90 Day Fiance Protection Program.  

That should be a thing....for the Darcy's, Dani's and Angela's of the world. 

21 hours ago, JennyMominFL said:

Yeah, I get that.. But I mean, I put my expensive makeup in my carry on bags and wont check it. $200 is clearly a lot of money to Cesar.

I bet he could find something cheaper and better looking in Mexico....or in a random box or cracker jacks. 

20 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

She'd have to get some poor sucker to marry her first, though.  

There is a football field full of Tunisian men ready for the challenge!

17 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

Did I hear Zied say that he thinks of himself as "controlling and jealous"? That's some rare honesty on one of these shitshows.

ETA: I still loathe the mumbly greaseball, just want to make that clear.

He has said it like 10 times and Rebecca continues to act like as desperate for attention as Darcy with some excuse about how she needs to "find out" if zied is jealous and controlling....because the fact that he has said it multiple times is not proof enough....she definately has to test it by doing something to get attention.

She thinks it's cute for zied to fight over her.  Loves being the center of attention.  She is such a strong American woman, why didn't she insist they leave after the fight?  Instead she sat there and put on her best worried face and tried not to show her sheer delight at being fought over. 

Edited by RealReality
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9

I won't eat eggplant.  It's a texture and taste thing for me.  I'm actually a very picky eater, but I'm no nuggets and fries only girl, like Nicole.  I actively seek out interesting recipes with the foods I do eat so I'm not stuck in a rut.

I'm slightly on Team Rebecca this week.  Zied never objected to the shirt under religious or cultural reasons, he just kept saying too sexy.  And he admitted his objection was because of jealousy.  I wouldn't put up with that as a reason either, but I also hope I'd pick a better man in the first place.

At this point Avery's mother has no idea that she intends to live in Syria.  As far as she knows, Avery and Omar will be together like a week before Avery returns to the US to work on his Visa.  The mom is just shit stirring.  If she honestly cared, she'd be trying to learn about Omar specifically, and not harping on one online article.

I love how Tim keeps saying Jeniffer is "slightly" out of his league.  No, she's way out of your league Eyebrows.  I like her so far.  She seems rational.  She's understandably upset about Vanessa.  It is weird.  And I think Tim said his secret is that she doesn't know just how involved he is with Vanessa.

Akini thinks American men are all rich.  It's why she couldn't name her bride price until he got there and they had a sense of his wealth.  I think she might genuinely grow to be affectionate with him.  I see it more as a Matt and Alla business type match, that ends well, as opposed to a love for the ages.

PS, the only tigers in Africa are in zoos, since they're native to Asia.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, Kangatush said:

At this point Avery's mother has no idea that she intends to live in Syria.  As far as she knows, Avery and Omar will be together like a week before Avery returns to the US to work on his Visa.  The mom is just shit stirring.  If she honestly cared, she'd be trying to learn about Omar specifically, and not harping on one online article.

Avery's mom is so ignorant, I half expected her to start throwing 9/11 in Omar's face. Get to know the person, he's standing right there. He looks exactly like his pictures, he's a professional man, and seems to be making every effort to be respectful. Dumbass, ordering a Long Island iced tea like some college student.

• LOL 2
  • Love 17
7 hours ago, Kangatush said:

I see it more as a Matt and Alla business type match, that ends well, as opposed to a love for the ages.

Alla is probably the most honest person who's ever appeared on 90DF. She never pretended to love Matt and he knew that part of her being attracted to him was his ability to provide her with a better life.  But unlike many of the other foreign spouses, Alla liked Matt and was fond of him.  She made it clear she would do her best to be a good wife to him and hoped that in time she'd come to love him. She kept that promise and (IIRC), in a later episode, I think she said she'd fallen in love with him.

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, essexjan said:

Alla is probably the most honest person who's ever appeared on 90DF. She never pretended to love Matt and he knew that part of her being attracted to him was his ability to provide her with a better life.  But unlike many of the other foreign spouses, Alla liked Matt and was fond of him.  She made it clear she would do her best to be a good wife to him and hoped that in time she'd come to love him. She kept that promise and (IIRC), in a later episode, I think she said she'd fallen in love with him.

I didn't watch their season. But I keep seeing their names on here. Can you please tell me which version of this show and what season they were in?

12 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

And as long as she has no shame, no self-awareness, no limit on how much humilitation and degradation she will endure, and no self-respect, I'll tune into every single reality show which casts her desperate ass.  

Oh, me too.  Marcy is the only reason I still watch this show.  The most self-deluded person on the planet, and she seems to believe that we, too, were watching the show that's running inside her head, instead of what was really happening.

Wonder when she'll begin complaining of a bad edit?

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

A foreign trained dentist is probably better educated than any home grown DMD or DDS.

Our dentist does not have a bachelor's degree.  A high school classmate of my husband's, he was flailing around after HS graduation (from a highly competitive academic HS), and a family friend recommended he look into dentistry.  And he did.  You don't need a bachelor's degree to get into dental school, or at least you didn't in 1965.

(as an aside:  He went to Temple School of Dentistry, in Phila., where his father was professor and head of the music department, so *maybe* an exception was made.)

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Look, I knew my hubby as kids and we reconnected as adults but.....how can I say this?  We did not jiggy jiggy on first date.  Nor did I mention a wedding site nor cry!!  Wow, imagine that.....

I had known my husband as a friend of a friend's hubby for 10 years before we got together, and I didn't talk about weddings or cry on our first date either.  What's wrong with us?  🙂

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, lh25 said:

I had known my husband as a friend of a friend's hubby for 10 years before we got together, and I didn't talk about weddings or cry on our first date either.  What's wrong with us?  🙂

Yeah, and I must add that the expectation of jiggy jiggy was never on the table for the first date either.  What kind of Prudy McPrudes are we??

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, John M said:

I completely disagree, her mother is treating her like the burden that she is that has decided to take no steps towards independence or rational decision making anywhere in her life including her religion/relationship.

I'm with @hunterhunted on this--in fact, I wish I could "like" his/her post a hundred times.  Avery's mom is a) playing to the cameras b) digging up misleading "information"--if we've learned anything on this forum, it's that there's immense variety in how Islam is practiced, even within the same country--and posing *gotcha* questions to Omar and c) not least of all, fucking rude in her confrontational style of talking to Omar.  If these were true concerns, she would have first asked Omar to clarify what his religion teaches, not what Islam--of which there are about a zillion followers--teaches.  She isn't looking for information; she is trying to look smart on TV and embarrass her future son-in-law into the bargain.  We may feel Avery's swift conversion indicates immaturity, but as Einstein teaches us, the apple fell out of the tree. 

Avery's mom thinks she is hot shit, as my grandmother used to say, but she's just a cold fart.

• LOL 3
  • Love 12
8 hours ago, alegtostandon said:

I guess I am in the minority regarding Avery, Mom & The Dentist.   I understand that Avery is over 18, but by one year.  If my 19 year old daughter,  who just 6 months prior ran around in tank tops and short shorts, declared that she is now Muslim, met some guy from Syria on a Muslim dating app, is traveling to Lebanon to not only meet this guy,  but marry him 2 days after arriving,  then moving to Syria,  you can bet I'd try everything I could to stop her.  I know Mom came across sounding ignorant but the way I viewed it,  she was trying whatever she could to plant a seed of doubt in her daughter's head. 

And she's doing it in the worse, most ham fisted way possible. Look, if my 19 year old daughter proposed to do something so drastic, I too would be trying to talk her out of it. BUT Teri isn't trying to understand her daughter or even look at herself honestly and see if she bears any responsibility (she did raise Avery after all). She's being unbelievably rude and insulting to Omar, who seems pleasant enough. He respectfully lets Teri talk smack to him, presumably because she's his fiancee's mother and his elder. Though she doesn't act like it. Long Island Iced Tea? For one, you are not 20 years old. For two, its not 1989. And her expressing disappointment that her daughter isn't pounding LIIT's with her is, well, troubling at the very least.

8 hours ago, Kangatush said:

I won't eat eggplant.  It's a texture and taste thing for me.  I'm actually a very picky eater, but I'm no nuggets and fries only girl, like Nicole.  I actively seek out interesting recipes with the foods I do eat so I'm not stuck in a rut.

Texture issues are a real thing! There are things my son won't touch because of texture. And he's a professional chef. Jane Stern, the food writer, is a fabulously picky eater. (Read "Two For the Road", about her and her husband's travels around the US--there's a hilarious bit about being served fish in a restaurant because the chef insisted on selecting their menu, and she loathes fish. Gold. I still laugh out loud when I read it). My issue was the way Teri turned up her nose and snotted "no eggplant!". Like Omar has suggested live worms or something.

7 hours ago, RealReality said:

She is a big girl and she won't be told what to do.  Because when anyone dares to set a cultural boundary for Rebecca it's because they aren't letting her be the strong, independent woman who catfishes a man with filtered pics and creepily puts the equally filtered photos of a man half her age on a mug.

Your whole post was great  but this had me roaring!

21 minutes ago, Mothra said:

I'm with @hunterhunted on this--in fact, I wish I could "like" his/her post a hundred times.  Avery's mom is a) playing to the cameras b) digging up misleading "information"--if we've learned anything on this forum, it's that there's immense variety in how Islam is practiced, even within the same country--and posing *gotcha* questions to Omar and c) not least of all, fucking rude in her confrontational style of talking to Omar.  If these were true concerns, she would have first asked Omar to clarify what his religion teaches, not what Islam--of which there are about a zillion followers--teaches.  She isn't looking for information; she is trying to look smart on TV and embarrass her future son-in-law into the bargain.  We may feel Avery's swift conversion indicates immaturity, but as Einstein teaches us, the apple fell out of the tree. 

Avery's mom thinks she is hot shit, as my grandmother used to say, but she's just a cold fart.

Yes, this.

And around my way we used to say "she thinks she's a hot shit in a champagne glass, but she's just a cold turd in a dixie cup".

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, alegtostandon said:

I guess I am in the minority regarding Avery, Mom & The Dentist.   I understand that Avery is over 18, but by one year.  If my 19 year old daughter,  who just 6 months prior ran around in tank tops and short shorts, declared that she is now Muslim, met some guy from Syria on a Muslim dating app, is traveling to Lebanon to not only meet this guy,  but marry him 2 days after arriving,  then moving to Syria,  you can bet I'd try everything I could to stop her.  I know Mom came across sounding ignorant but the way I viewed it,  she was trying whatever she could to plant a seed of doubt in her daughter's head.  

This is my read too. Avery is a moron, yes she is over 18 and can marry anyone she wants, she is also living at home and appears to have no rational direction in her life.

Her mother is just trying to stop her from doing something stupid, she is not doing a particularly good job at it, but she is dealing with her idiot child.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Mothra said:

Oh, me too.  Marcy is the only reason I still watch this show.  The most self-deluded person on the planet, and she seems to believe that we, too, were watching the show that's running inside her head, instead of what was really happening.

Wonder when she'll begin complaining of a bad edit?

I figure she probably told Tom it was just editing when he most surely had to have watched her previous seasons.  "I'm really not like that at all, Tom!"  😂

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
52 minutes ago, Mothra said:
52 minutes ago, Mothra said:

OMG, I'm totally stealing this from your grandmother.  That's hilarious and your grandmother sounds like a hoot.

Avery's mom was very cringe.  It was extremely telling that when Avery wanted to use her phone to look up old testament verses mom immediately pulled the phone away.

First you know a Google search for "Muslim wife" is going to bring up loaded results.....very loaded if what a I suspect is true about what else her mother has been Google searching ("how to get my kid to reconvert to a Christianity" etc etc).

Second, the "handbook" she was referring to sounded like someone's interpretation or analysis of the koran.  Which is exactly what Christians have done as well. 

Christian Slave owners "interpreted" biblical verses to justify slavery.  Other Christian's have "interpreted" the tower of Babel story to justify xenophobia and nationalism.  Some christians interpret the story of Adam and Eve to justify all sorts of sexist behaviors and attitudes.  Some christians interpret the story of soddom and gommorah to justify homophobia.  I cannot even begin to imagine how often "spare the rod and spoil the child" has been used to justify terribly over the top child abuse.

So that "gotcha" moment was ridiculous.

Third, she is putting herself in a great position to have no relationship with a future grandchild if they stay together.  If I were Omar and someone was so blatantly disrespectful without cause to be, I'd be very put off and likely wouldn't want my future child around them so they could shittalk my culture.  She should hope that Omar isn't the man she has basically accuses him if being. 

Also, she says Avery doesn't like to be told what to do.....and then she basically tries to shove some liquor down her throat.  Come on lady!

Edited by RealReality
  • Useful 1
  • Love 15
17 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Saying:  "Is that where we will get married?" on YOUR FIRST DATE, then crying because he won't sleep with her?  Give her a plane ticket home and block her from all social media.

She tried to peddle it "Well we have known each other for four years and flirt on the phone!" Yeah and....you just met, dummy.  Look, I knew my hubby as kids and we reconnected as adults but.....how can I say this?  We did not jiggy jiggy on first date.  Nor did I mention a wedding site nor cry!!  Wow, imagine that.....

You rebel, you.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

Oh, I am cringing in embarrassment at Darcey's incredible, unabashed neediness. "It's just like walking down the aisle!"

SHUT UP, DARCEY. YOU ARE PATHETIC.

It's almost like an addiction.  It's probably too much to ask her to quit cold turkey. 

Maybe if she could just commit to making one less inappropriate marriage reference a day......

In a few years from now she'd only be making like 10 a day.....progress!

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, RealReality said:

Wow, Rebecca could barely hide her glee.  Two men fighting over her?!?!????, And nary a light ring or filtered photo involved.  

How many times has zied said he is some version of jealous and controlling?  Like 5 times at least, right?  

But the only way Rebecca could know if he was jealous and controlling was to publicly make a spectacle of herself and set fires and then act confused and dismayed that shit was burning down?  

If two different people from a culture tell you that what you're wearing is disrespectful to the culture, why would you refuse to believe them?  

And she can all the way miss me with her "yeah, I know it's not culturally correct, but I'm tired of changing myself for a man!". Girl, what the hell?  

Truly though zied and that guy eyeballing rebecca were both ugly as fuck.  She may have stumbled on the one guy less attractive than zied.  He looked like a literal love rat. 

Oy, and when the men were arguing and she was leaning back, boobs and tats exposed, cigarette in one hand, and drink in other, she looked like the stereotypical American "bar fly" Parents Persnickety used to describe back in the day. 

I had immense second-hand embarrassment for her, but I quickly got over it when she tried to play the "I didn't know" bullshit card.  Zied had made it clear (in spite of the language barrier) that this is precisely what would happen if she went out dressed like that. 

Hell, the other people in that bar probably thought the American Circus had come to town.  It would be like me sitting at the local diner, spotting Big Foot sitting in a corner, but being expected to not gawk.  

I do find irony in that the "hills" some of these women choose to die on are their breasts.  I'm easily entertained.  

• LOL 10
  • Love 11
On 8/26/2019 at 9:54 AM, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Avery’s mom is a nasty, condescending, offensive little witch isn’t she?  Who the hell, as an adult, is rude enough to say that kind of stuff to someone in their face on their turf?  That’s some American arrogance right there.  She needs to watch less toxic news shows, and open her damned mind.  Omar is probably as good as Avery will get.  If Omar came here, and his family rattled off a list of stereotypes about young white girls that wear booty shorts and sleep with men they’re not married to, she’s scream bloody murder.  Someone needs to tell her her racism is showing. 

I haven't even read the rest of your post yet but I had to quote this and say yeeeeessssss to ALL of this.  Mother Avery is an absolute embarrassment of a human being.  Thus far she's come off a shit parent and an ignorant racist...Grade A Asshole. 

• Love 10
8 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

Oh, I am cringing in embarrassment at Darcey's incredible, unabashed neediness. "It's just like walking down the aisle!"

SHUT UP, DARCEY. YOU ARE PATHETIC.

Someone needs to do her a favor and burn all of her old Danielle Steel novels that she's desperately trying to bring to real life.  😄  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

Oy, and when the men were arguing and she was leaning back, boobs and tats exposed, cigarette in one hand, and drink in other, she looked like the stereotypical American "bar fly" Parents Persnickety used to describe back in the day. 

I had immense second-hand embarrassment for her, but I quickly got over it when she tried to play the "I didn't know" bullshit card.  Zied had made it clear (in spite of the language barrier) that this is precisely what would happen if she went out dressed like that. 

Hell, the other people in that bar probably thought the American Circus had come to town.  It would be like me sitting at the local diner, spotting Big Foot sitting in a corner, but being expected to not gawk.  

I do find irony in that the "hills" some of these women choose to die on are their breasts.  I'm easily entertained.  

LOL...agreed.  the beauty of it all is that the guy was staring at her tatts and not her titts so her mission of attracting the adoring male gaze was a fail because he was looking at her like a circus freak.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, RealReality said:

It's almost like an addiction.  It's probably too much to ask her to quit cold turkey. 

Maybe if she could just commit to making one less inappropriate marriage reference a day......

Somebody please refresh my memory. Didn’t Darcey always make comments like that to Jesse? I know she talked incessantly about wanting him to give her a ring, but was devastated when he gave her what he called an “appreciation ring” and he would correct her when she called it anything more serious. 

Speaking of rings, I remember her wearing that wide sparkly band (CZs?) on her right hand on the way to England and now she appears to be wearing it on her left hand with the ring Tom gave her no doubt to give the appearance of a wedding set. Also she’s wearing it in her Central Park photo op. 

• Love 3
Just now, magemaud said:

Somebody please refresh my memory. Didn’t Darcey always make comments like that to Jesse? I know she talked incessantly about wanting him to give her a ring, but was devastated when he gave her what he called an “appreciation ring” and he would correct her when she called it anything more serious. 

Speaking of rings, I remember her wearing that wide sparkly band (CZs?) on her right hand on the way to England and now she appears to be wearing it on her left hand with the ring Tom gave her no doubt to give the appearance of a wedding set. Also she’s wearing it in her Central Park photo op. 

Oh, you remember correctly.  

IIRC, when she first arrived in Amsterdam and Jesse was giving her a little tour, she inquired a few times about whether one of the spots he pointed out did weddings.  

She must be so jealous that her twin got laid *and* got engaged on her first day in Bulgaria.  😄  

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, RealReality said:

Truly though zied and that guy eyeballing rebecca were both ugly as fuck.  She may have stumbled on the one guy less attractive than zied.  He looked like a literal love rat. 

Zied-friend-TLC.jpg

latest?cb=20120122041729

• LOL 17
  • Love 5

Darcy is acting like someone on the rebound. Not from Jesse, mind you, but from reality tv. She’s desperate to be back in a relationship with a tv show. She knows that her over the top performance got her noticed, and so she’s dialing it up to 11.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, RealReality said:

Zied had a tough time getting it out in English, but "this is too sexy for my culture" came through to mebefore they left.   I believe, he said, on multiple occasions that she wasn't in America, which made the message clear to me.    To which she proclaimed that she would wear a jacket to cover everything up because he had refused to go out with her putting her wonky boobs on full display otherwise.  

She is a big girl and she won't be told what to do.  Because when anyone dares to set a cultural boundary for Rebecca it's because they aren't letting her be the strong, independent woman who catfishes a man with filtered pics and creepily puts the equally filtered photos of a man half her age on a mug.

and she knew full well that her top was culturally unacceptable because she pretty much admitted to it before huffily saying that she doesn't want to change for anyone anymore.  But one has nothing to do with the other....at all.

If she believed half the nonsense she was spewing she should have just gone out alone.  I mean surely no one could have possibly been telling her to cover herself for safety or cultural reasons so, since she is such a billy badass, she could have just gone out to have her drinks and done her.

But, in my book, a person who is strong and independent and sure of themselves doesn't promise to do x and proceed to do the exact opposite.  That doesn't inspire any respect from me because I think subterfuge and trickery are for people who come from a position of subservience and weakness.  Do what you say and say what you do.  *

* - not you you, general you and royal we 🙂

Dead asz!  Lol. 👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, RealReality said:

the beauty of it all is that the guy was staring at her tatts and not her titts so her mission of attracting the adoring male gaze was a fail because he was looking at her like a circus freak.

I’ll admit if I glanced over at the person sitting right next to me and realized his or her arm was covered in colorful tattooed art, I’d have to stare. I’d be wondering why they chose that particular design, if it hurt, how much it cost, etc. The guy wasn’t LEERING at her. Anyway, these were the same tats Zied COMMANDED her to show his friends while he sat there proudly enjoying their reactions. 

• Love 14
18 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

Oh, you remember correctly.  

IIRC, when she first arrived in Amsterdam and Jesse was giving her a little tour, she inquired a few times about whether one of the spots he pointed out did weddings.  

She must be so jealous that her twin got laid *and* got engaged on her first day in Bulgaria.  😄  

She is absolutely seething with envy of her sister.

Her outfits! Remember that vision she wore to meet Jesse in NYC? Like a fever dream of Dr. Zhivago? And the pantsless wonder she wore to meet Tom. She might as well have a sandwich board on that says "Thirsty As Fuck".

• LOL 13
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

This is insulting to Rizzo, my absolute favorite muppet after Grover. He’s a hard working rodent who slaves all day slinging hash in a diner to support himself and his thousand siblings. He was also instrumental in getting muppet representation at Sardis all while risking his own life and the life of his fellow rats. He doesn’t prostitute himself to foolish elderly losers and he wears clothes that fit. These Love Rats are no match for Rizzo.

Yes, but do you find either of these rats attractive?  No you do not. 

No disrespect meant to Rizzo... though my favorite was the rat who skated on the flattop with butter squares: 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Persnickety1 said:

Hell, the other people in that bar probably thought the American Circus had come to town.

Nope, they think "great show, another western tourist showing off their culture". Notice the smile on some of the faces of the people sitting at the table. :-)

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

She is absolutely seething with envy of her sister.

Her outfits! Remember that vision she wore to meet Jesse in NYC? Like a fever dream of Dr. Zhivago? And the pantsless wonder she wore to meet Tom. She might as well have a sandwich board on that says "Thirsty As Fuck".

Don't forget the five inch slut heels she wears for every outing and day trip.  What a role model for her daughters.  I used to call her a hot mess, but she's just a mess.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, RealReality said:

Zied had a tough time getting it out in English, but "this is too sexy for my culture" came through to mebefore they left.   I believe, he said, on multiple occasions that she wasn't in America, which made the message clear to me. 

Their bonus scene in the “More to Love” that aired immediately before this episode (Rebecca and Zied are clothes shopping, Rebecca discovers a top she likes has a hole and tells Zied to ask for a discount because she can repair it, Zied balks and Rebecca realizes he may not understand 100% of what she is saying to him) really has me leaning toward the language barrier angle on this one. Who would have thought a relationship built primarily on emoji wouldn’t have the healthiest communication?!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, nutella fitzgerald said:

Their bonus scene in the “More to Love” that aired immediately before this episode (Rebecca and Zied are clothes shopping, Rebecca discovers a top she likes has a hole and tells Zied to ask for a discount because she can repair it, Zied balks and Rebecca realizes he may not understand 100% of what she is saying to him) really has me leaning toward the language barrier angle on this one. Who would have thought a relationship built primarily on emoji wouldn’t have the healthiest communication?!

She couldn't even decipher what "hatt" was when he said "I hatt that girl" referring to his ex.  She asked him if he meant "hate," and he just repeated "I hatt that girl" instead of saying yes or no.  Hell, I'm still not sure if he was saying "I had that girl," "I hate that girl," or if he did indeed "hat that girl" which might be some obscure sexual expression with which I'm not familiar.  

Clearly Rebecca doesn't have communication in her "Things I Need In A Relationship" list of requirements.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

I can SO picture Avery's mother on the sidelines at a gymnastics meet, arguing with the coach and judges about their decisions. She just gives off an air of confrontation (and bitchiness.) When someone said she's a nurse, all I could think of was Nurse Ratchet. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, alegtostandon said:

I couldnt agree with you more. I dont get why people think its not politically correct to NOT want your 19 year old daughter to run off to SYRIA  to marry an Internet boyfriend.

And, I believe she dresses Muslim style to gain attention, hence going on a TV show after her conversion. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

What I find fascinating about Avery's mom is that she's focused on Omar as some threat when it's obvious her daughter already suffered through some trauma. Sure, teens are mercurial and can be easy to change but Mom has a daughter that went from partying and wearing "skimpy" clothes to a girl that won't show any skin, put on weight, joined a religion that prohibits drinking, and is abdicating her decision making to someone else. That same kid who is desperately trying to not have the "bad thing" happen again also can't help putting herself in harms way (maybe not Omar, but for sure a war torn country). Lady, the horse left the barn and your kid is crying out for help. And it's not because of what Omar might do, it's because of something that happened under your roof.

• Useful 6
  • Love 17