Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: Love Is A Battlefield

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, JennyMominFL said:

I get it. I get what Darcy is going for. I am 49 and in good shape and I want to look my best. Its hard to find that line. I don't want to dress like i'm in my 20’s like Darcey does but I also will not dress “old”. I thought my mother dressed so old at my age and it seems like my generation dresses younger than hers does.

There is a middle ground and dressing too young for your age just accentuates how old you really are. Darcey’s look is actually aging her and she doesn't  realize that.

I think almost anything would be more chic and stylish, scarves, great boho pants, not "old" at all! I'm older than Rebecca but I guarantee I'd look put together and respect the local customs too. Missed opportunities, smh.

Darcy is going to stick to her desperate streetwalker look, good thing she didn't fall in love with a Muslim.

Edited by blubld43
  • LOL 6
  • Love 17
49 minutes ago, blubld43 said:

Darcy is going to stick to her desperate streetwalker look, good thing she didn't fall in love with a Muslim.

What a horrible thought.  Darcey does Doha.  

• LOL 17
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Mothra said:

I was checking Marcy's mini blazer dress because of its uneven hemline--was it buttoned up wrong or what?--and came across this and a bunch of other ones:

image.thumb.png.4037962a53074817099161d90d3a43f6.png

This woman looks sober, gorgeous and we'll put together (no thigh high boots and giant hoop earrings) and I still would question if she was supposed to be wearing pants under that dress.

• LOL 6
  • Love 15

I don't know how tall Darcey is but I'm only 5 foot 4 so as a "fun sized girl" I know the idea of wearing shorter skirts to balance out my frame.  My legs are nice so I'm ok to show them off plus I don't have a lot of frame to work with so I don't want to be swallowed by fabric.

I also love knee high boots and have a nice collection of very strippery platform shoes and boots again for height.

That being said....

Yikes Darcey.

I understand her aesthetics….I do.   And yet it's even too tacky for me LOL   She just doesn't have any balance....something tight with something loose.....one impact item instead of ALL impact items etc.   You could put her outfit on a 20 year old and she would also look like a tacky thirsty stripper....just younger and fitter.   I mean men are going to react positively either way.....they aren't that complicated.

• LOL 3
  • Love 20
On 8/21/2019 at 12:04 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

Maybe I (and so many on these forums) are just up to here with "If this is gonna happen, I am GONE" and then they stay and defend him!!!  What the holy hell?

Yes!  And in so many variations, usually involving their children (whom they all Put First).  I haven't seen so many threats since we watched Father Libby say he was going to cut off Libby and Andale.  First rule of dealing with children and men who are interested only in sex:  Don't make empty threats.  If you say you're going to do it, you *must* by the power of Greyskull do it.

• LOL 7
  • Love 12

Darcy was clearly disappointed in Toms looks.....didn't she face time him? I have to lol they bcause her photos are also ..to quote Jesse..all an illusion. Darcy wanting to immediately hop in bed....she way she clung to him....reeks of desperation 

• Love 24
17 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Darcy was clearly disappointed in Toms looks.....didn't she face time him? I have to lol they bcause her photos are also ..to quote Jesse..all an illusion. Darcy wanting to immediately hop in bed....she way she clung to him....reeks of desperation 

They did video chat, but Tom, who knows his angles, was always in that lounging pose.  No tummy pooch when it's always neck up.  Like Rebecca and her stupid halo light.  The only way to really know is to be in person together. 

• Love 16

And I want to smack Avery so badly.  The dress shopping shows what I said about Omar not being flexible.  He is used to his traditions and mores.  And in the teaser for the next hour when mom asks about wife beating and all Avery does is giggle and say, "You better not beat me."  Yes, giggles always trump deeply ingrained ideas in a society...

• Love 17

Did we discuss Jennifer and her Flashdance workout scene? Other than Omar, it’s obvious that all the foreign fiancés and most of the Americans are seeking some type of career in show business and are foolish enough to think this show will be their ticket. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 20
16 hours ago, RealReality said:

This woman looks sober, gorgeous and we'll put together (no thigh high boots and giant hoop earrings) and I still would question if she was supposed to be wearing pants under that dress.

All those things plus she's about 20 years younger than Darcy. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, magemaud said:

at one point in the bathroom dressing scene, when Darcey was squatting on the floor rummaging through her suitcase, she WAS wearing a little black skirt, but I guess she decided not to wear it because I didn't see it when she buttoned that coat/dress. Maybe she chose that as her "remove one thing" item. 

She introduced herself as a "model." Maybe all the girls in Bucaramanga have been inspired by Pao's cuh-reer. 

Her friends were an odd pair.

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
30 minutes ago, magemaud said:

at one point in the bathroom dressing scene, when Darcey was squatting on the floor rummaging through her suitcase, she WAS wearing a little black skirt, but I guess she decided not to wear it because I didn't see it when she buttoned that coat/dress. Maybe she chose that as her "remove one thing" item. 

She introduced herself as a "model." Maybe all the girls in Bucaramanga have been inspired by Pao's cuh-reer. 

Such good observations. I was kind of surprised the way she was rummaging through trying to decide what to wear. I don't buy it. She is so consumed with her appearance that I have a hard time believing she hadn't had it already figured out what she would change into.

The bold part is too funny. Love that thought!!

• LOL 8
  • Love 6
On 8/21/2019 at 2:05 PM, JennyMominFL said:

Wow, darcey is just an absolute disaster. I cant believe how she is behaving. I stand by my belief that he will end up being the one who is unhappy and calls it off

She makes Daneel look chock full of dignity!

• LOL 13
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, charmed1 said:

Is “opening a store” the ultimate prize in the Tunisian/Moroccan Love Rat game? Those men’s eyes lit up at the prospect of $3K to open their very own Azan Make-Up Store franchise. Is there a street in Tunisia lined with himbo stores?

It was very telling when one of Zied’s friends said that he hoped Rebecca will take good care of Zied. Not that they take care of each other. It was actually kind of sad to see all of them huddled around Zied, staring at him with envy while he beamed with pride. I imagine they all have framed posters of Rat King Mohammed Jbali at home. 

Rebecca should own it though and not feel so bad about it.  If Zied just turns out to be a regular guy who is looking for a rich lady to take care of him then she's just participating in common role reversal.   Plenty of young women latch onto rich men here....20, 30, 40 years younger in exchange for lifestyle.   Why not?

My problem is Zied seems a little too unbalanced for my liking LOL.  I don't mind being used for my money….I guess I would have picked one of his friends though.  Might as well go young and hot right?

Just now, RealReality said:

Did she ever have it to begin with? 🤣

She lost it when she cut it on the bias.

I'm not sure I can watch that scene again on Sunday.   or Monday.   Or whichever this one is lol.  I want to blame the alcohol and just say she's a sad messy drunk but unfortunately it seems like her personality.   No wonder Jesse didn't want her drinking.   I don't need to be babysitting a grown ass adult out in public who is peeling off her clothes and throwing herself at me while weeping uncontrollably.    ICK

• LOL 6
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, HappyDancex2 said:

Plenty of young women latch onto rich men here....20, 30, 40 years younger in exchange for lifestyle.   Why not?

They sure do, except they don’t make demands on what what their tricks wear. And I doubt they have any qualms about giving oral satisfaction like Aladin. These Tunisian Love Rats have the ho game twisted. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, charmed1 said:

They sure do, except they don’t make demands on what what their tricks wear. And I doubt they have any qualms about giving oral satisfaction like Aladin. These Tunisian Love Rats have the ho game twisted. 

That's Laura's fault.  Gotta kick the tires before you buy.  If she had held out I'm sure they could have met in a third location and had sex.  

But, she let him control everything while she made pathetic noises about being an independent lady with a killer handshake and a purple vibrator.

So instead of having a weekend of awful sex and heading home to her son and her dogs... she is now legally tied to someone who she really doesn't have anything in common with, in a country she is unfamiliar with and uncomfortable in, with no friends and family.....and the sex is bad.

As for demanding what a trick wear, also Laura's fault.  She moved to another country and there are cultural norms.

She was a dummy to uproot her life and move to a country that doesn't allow her to wear her jean Capri shorts and cold shoulder tops....all for some bad sex.  

A woman who wasn't a nitwit would have played her hand better.  

Edited by RealReality
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13
On 8/23/2019 at 10:58 PM, HappyDancex2 said:

Darcey in bed with full makeup, fake spider lashes, her extensions mullet and hula hoop sized earrings was....typical.

Didn't she do that at Jesse's place, he asked her not to wear make up because he knew what a mess it would make on the sheets. Darcy does not learn from past relationships, Tom does not seem like he would put up with hystrionics, Brits are not known for loving big emotional scenes in public or in private. Darcy fails to understand men like a self assured, confident woman, not an emotional, unbalanced, over sexed, delusional woman who's only goal is marriage after the first date.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 19
On 8/22/2019 at 9:12 PM, charmed1 said:

I believe Avery has many siblings and is desperate for attention. I predict Omar will be the first of many husbands.

Probably not. She will be killed in Qatar, end of story, a relief for her family. Just get rid of her.

• LOL 2
On 8/21/2019 at 3:09 AM, Scout Finch said:

Only $3,000 to open a shop in Tunisia? Azan should move there since it's apparently half the price than it is in Morocco. 

Tunisia and Morocco are more similar than most people would imagine. :-)

• LOL 3

I have a feeling that the Timothy, Victoria and Jeniffer storyline is manufactured.  Only Jeniffer isn’t in on it. Much like what Ricky and his wife did to Ximena last season. I don’t understand why Timothy would send Jeniffer a picture with Victoria and why he keeps talking about her.  I believe Timothy and Victoria cooked this up to be on television. 

Rebecca seems to be looking for trouble.  She appears to be trying to redo her last marriage. She allowed her ex to treat her like crap, so now she is determined to stand up for herself.  Problem is, I believe she picked the wrong guy, because Zied appears to be a hot head. 

• Love 21

Rebecca wearing that leather jacket thinking she’s bounty hunter Emma Swan. She’s got the mentality of a 14year old. I used to pull that manipulative attention seeking crap in middle school. I just KNEW that jacket was coming off. Then she’s gonna act surprised when her conservative boyfriend gets jealous. Obviously wants a boy she can boss around. No respect for her. Not cute. At all. Poor Ziegfeld 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 18

Jesse and Darcy were too much - both drama queens. Liking Tom's non-reactions to Darcy's high school antics; like he's commenting on a movie, not in it. Bet he won't do this again for awhile-Darcy not so much-her mantra is, Next!

. . . in fact, she probably had another one on deck while she was boob pic'ing Tom.

Edited by itsadryheat
typo
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, jayfay said:

Seriously- I was living for the looks of incredulity and chagrin that Omar kept giving Avery’s mom as she was reading about Muslim wives. 

It is kind of scary that Omar felt it was disrespecting his culture to object to the idea of him hitting Avery.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
16 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Caeser packed the engagement ring in a checked bag?  So, I guess he is generally a moron, not just a moron over Maria.

LOL, I wish someone would steal that  garbage ring of tin/diamonelle and think they hit the jackpot.

His collection of chocolate drawers probably has a higher retail value than that piece of junk.

Edited by RealReality
  • LOL 14
  • Love 5

Rebecca, you are replaying the same marriage you had to the former Muslim dude. Things are not going to be much different this time. Maybe look for more westernized men in the US. When in Tunisia, you follow the laws there, the rules, and the customs. Zied is showing you exactly who he is and you aren't liking it. Enjoy your three weeks vacation, and go home.

Mother Avery, back off and be polite. This is your daughter's current choice and whether you like it or not, she is old enough to make her own choices and mistakes. Getting on Omar's bad side is not going to do anyone any favours. Omar does not seem controlling as of yet - you may be sentencing your daughter to some bad treatment. Avery needs to really get to know the dude - the good days, the bad days, how he handles anger, etc. Maybe it would be a bit different if Avery was a college graduate, had a job, and knows what she is doing. She is running away from something and ultimately will have to deal with what happened to her and how she reacted by making these fly by night changes.

I can manage eggplant in moussaka.

Caesar, your hotel in wherever, Mexico looks cheap. Maria will not be impressed. She is expecting luxury. Granted, the $40,000 to give that luxury was sent to her.

Jeniffer, what do you see in what's his face. What kind of so-called model are you? Instagram, maybe some photos/editorial? Some models I know went to school and got a degree, and then a master's degree to move on to a more permanently lucrative field. You are dealing with a dude with odd eyebrows, and someone not quite up to snuff.

Benjamin, Akini seems nice enough to go after your wealth. Like many people, she will realize that not everyone in America is super rich like the Kardashians.  I'd give up a life having to go walk for water every day too.

Darcey, you do need to work on yourself a bit. A glass of wine here and there is not a problem. You were tired, jetlagged and had too much to drink. Tom is taking things slow - he doesn't know you all that well, and right now, he probably feels little to no attraction. You are simply too much. A guy who doesn't want to jump your bones two minutes after meeting you is someone you do want to know. He would like to treat you with respect - that you don't seem to have for yourself. It's all about image and style for you. Have you actually tried to talk to Tom about what he likes, what his interests are, you know, a basic conversation? He may not want an emotional woman, he may want someone a bit more down to earth who doesn't have the look at me look - more casually dressed, more suitably dressed, and not someone who is living the life of a fancy musical. What do you have to offer him? You seem to have been treated as an object for most of your life. Maybe get to know yourself as a person. You can excuse some of the behavior for being tired after a long flight and no sleep, but maybe some of it is just backing off a bit and not trying too hard.

• Love 18
10 minutes ago, RealReality said:

LOL, I wish someone would steal that  garbage ring of tin/diamonelle and think they hit the jackpot.

His collection of chocolate drawers probably has a higher retail value than that piece of junk.

Oh, I hadn't seen the ring.  I assumed he must have pampered thousands of nasty feet to pay for it.

• LOL 3