Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: Love Is A Battlefield

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

That is true but WE know about the ring, Jeniffer does not.  Having said that, I do not think it is the ring, lol.  I think he is broke.  Or his fancy car is a rental.

The fact that Tim said he's worried about telling her because he knows she's "jealous" is what has me thinking that it's not anything money-based. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, DiamondGirl said:

Ok, confession time:  when Tim said he has to tell Jeniffer (?) a secret that she might not like, did you think it could be that he used to be a woman?

When Tim said he has a secret, I thought Oh sweet Jesus not another fucking secret.  This show has begun to turn even more formulaic--I'm so sick of I have a secret that might destroy this relationship.

I've already quit Pillow Talk; now I'm thinking of laying off the show itself, if I can figure out which damn iteration (screw you TLC) it is I want to avoid.

• Love 6

Did I hear Zied say that he thinks of himself as "controlling and jealous"? That's some rare honesty on one of these shitshows.

ETA: I still loathe the mumbly greaseball, just want to make that clear.

Edited by the-grey-lady
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12
7 hours ago, Cementhead said:

Yes, I agree, what a giant fucking waste.  Did you catch when they were driving over a bridge in the cab on the way to the Airbnb and Tom says to her, "No, this isn't London Bridge." 

When Tom was showing her around the Airbnb and he was having to carefully walk her up and down the stairs by hand because of those goddamn ridiculous fuck-me hooker boots?  What a sight to behold.

Darcey really and truly is the saddest, most pathetic woman I have ever seen on my tv screen.  She is just so unabashedly desperate.  There is no 'there' there.  You take away her self-perceived costume of sexy and she is just an empty vessel of nothingness.  Jesse was 100% correct, she really does need to go work on herself.  Her poor daughters are fucking doomed.

Saying:  "Is that where we will get married?" on YOUR FIRST DATE, then crying because he won't sleep with her?  Give her a plane ticket home and block her from all social media.

She tried to peddle it "Well we have known each other for four years and flirt on the phone!" Yeah and....you just met, dummy.  Look, I knew my hubby as kids and we reconnected as adults but.....how can I say this?  We did not jiggy jiggy on first date.  Nor did I mention a wedding site nor cry!!  Wow, imagine that.....

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 21

There was a scene where the mother picked the kid up and put it back in the seat without  the seatbelt on so I think the kid was just climbing around the car during the conversation.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, the-grey-lady said:

Did I hear Zied say that he thinks of himself as "controlling and jealous"? That's some rare honesty on one of these shitshows.

ETA: I still loathe the mumbly greaseball, just want to make that clear.

So beautiful. So sexy. 🤮

• LOL 12
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Gigglepuff said:

I felt that Jesse was abrupt, but was basically on his side through much of the drama between those two.

That's the Dutch way. My company's EU HQ is in The Netherlands and abrupt and willing to share their opinions (which are the ONLY ones worth considering, don't you know!) is pretty common. There are even articles in business magazines and LinkedIn about "How to Work with the Dutch" that warn about their 'ways' that are sometimes quite off-putting to Americans.

• Useful 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, pdlinda said:

Your comment seems to imply that Darcy's reality TV gig has "legs" and is likely to proceed for the foreseeable future???  I don't see Darcy having any other viable means to earn a living (Info was that her clothing "empire" lost wind and collapsed).  I believe most of her behavior and "get-ups" are producer driven--with her a willing accomplice.  I get a real "soap-opera" drama vibe with Darcy and if she can pull the string on ricocheting between prospective mates, she probably figures,  "It's a living,"  😃

And as long as she has no shame, no self-awareness, no limit on how much humilitation and degradation she will endure, and no self-respect, I'll tune into every single reality show which casts her desperate ass.  

Whilst eating steak cut on the bias and skillet-fried Rice-A-Roni, wearing a huge white fluffy coat, and shouting at the screen YOU NEVER LOVED ME...GET OUT OF MY LIFE!!!

• LOL 15
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Did you notice the one brief shot where they were driving and the kid wasn't in the car seat at all?  It was the two people and an empty car seat.  In the middle of a scene filled with shots of the two people and the kid in the car seat.  Why did they have to have that odd shot in there?  Are the editors that incompetent, or are they just fucking with us?

I thought I saw that but then when I saw the kid the next time I figured that maybe it had just been the angle of the camera that made it look empty, like the kid was leaning forward. Yes, it's much more plausible that it's the usual wonky, sloppy editing.

• Love 2

Saying:  "Is that where we will get married?" on YOUR FIRST DATE, then crying because he won't sleep with her?  Give her a plane ticket home and block her from all social media.

She tried to peddle it "Well we have known each other for four years and flirt on the phone!" Yeah and....you just met, dummy.  Look, I knew my hubby as kids and we reconnected as adults but.....how can I say this?  We did not jiggy jiggy on first date.  Nor did I mention a wedding site nor cry!!  Wow, imagine that.....

Well clearly we can't make fun of you if you insist on being dignified!

The comments about "where they're getting married", sheesh. Smh.

Edited by blubld43
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, blubld43 said:

Well clearly we can't make fun of you if you insist on being dignified!

The comments about "where they're getting married", sheesh. Smh.

Well you can still mock me.....but not about that.  Off topic:  Not only did I not mention "Is that where we were getting married?" - we never talked about marriage, even after 2 and half years of dating.  Take THAT, Darcy.  So when he did propose, I projectile cried as I was so shocked.  But they were not pity me tears, nor was I drunk, lol.  (And clearly, I said yes!)  Then we waited another two and half years to finally wed.  Take that AGAIN Darcy!!

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, essexjan said:

If Rebecca had done that, she'd have learned the following:

• adultery is a criminal offence punishable by up to 5 years in prison, so the fact she's still married is a serious issue for Zied as it could result in him going to prison

Makes no difference, since adultery with an UNmarried woman is as well punishable in Tunisia. :-)

• Useful 1
7 hours ago, Gigglepuff said:

I just wanted to say that Avery is not wearing a burka (I've seen a few comments around the board mentioning her burka). Burkas aren't from the Arabic parts of the world and are more of an Afghanistani and other parts of central Asia thing. There are garbs similar to the burka in the Arab world, but Avery isn't even wearing one of them either. 

Indeed, she is wearing a hijab, like most islamic women in western countries who consider themselves conservative religious. Non-conservatives wear a simple headscarf or open hair.

Niqab (all covered except the eyes) and Burka (all covered) are not "more conservative" but belong to a different local tradition, like Afghanistan. Under Taliban rulership, they were mandatory for women there.

However, they are being introduced in recent years as "conservative" dress for all women mostly from conservative and extremist religious groups (who also promote children wearing thoses dresses, a claim that has no foundation at all in the Quran). No wonder that you could and can seem them eg. in the IS regions and in certain muslim regions of Africa.

In Iran, there is a slight variation of the headscarf mandatory, called Chador, which covers the hair, but is not tightly bound, so sometimes, hair strains will show up.

• Useful 8
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, Drogo said:
19 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I was thinking that when he put those ridiculous things under his eyes on the plane.

I have used those ridiculous things and they're really awesome.  

Ditto. But it's funny to see a guy doing it. Actually, to see anyone doing it. But they work great.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

How is Omar only 24 and already a dentist? Something fishy there. 

I was wondering that too. But someone else commented that in Syria you only need a bachelor's so I think I'll stick my US dentists!

• Love 2
8 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

how the women who are planning to marry and live in certain countries that have restrictions on alcohol, attire for women, laws on public conduct, etc.  REALLY need to consult with a legal professional BEFORE they get married.

I agree that they should consult, but with someone who has actually lived there. Laws do not necessarily apply in such countries, but can be rendered invalid by money, parentage and status. :-)

• Useful 2
7 hours ago, Adeejay said:

The producers at TLC seem to think that viewers of this show are stupid. 

No. But they do consider the show being entertaining, not intelligent, educational or authentic.

• Love 3

In fairness my romantic relationship with my now husband started when I decided it would be a good idea to have sex with my best friend after copious amounts of alcohol.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, WWalter said:

Indeed, she is wearing a hijab, like most islamic women in western countries who consider themselves conservative religious. Non-conservatives wear a simple headscarf or open hair.

Niqab (all covered except the eyes) and Burka (all covered) are not "more conservative" but belong to a different local tradition, like Afghanistan. Under Taliban rulership, they were mandatory for women there.

However, they are being introduced in recent years as "conservative" dress for all women mostly from conservative and extremist religious groups (who also promote children wearing thoses dresses, a claim that has no foundation at all in the Quran). No wonder that you could and can seem them eg. in the IS regions and in certain muslim regions of Africa.

In Iran, there is a slight variation of the headscarf mandatory, called Chador, which covers the hair, but is not tightly bound, so sometimes, hair strains will show up.

Good explanation. Here's a simple visual for anyone interested. Of course, there are variations on some of the styles shown below as well.   

islamic-women-clothes-muslim-veils-260nw

• Useful 18
  • Love 6
29 minutes ago, BoomerRumor said:

I was wondering that too. But someone else commented that in Syria you only need a bachelor's so I think I'll stick my US dentists!

Once again, the BDS is recognized by the ADA as the exact equivalent of an American DMD or DDS degree. And if your foreign trained dentist is practicing here in the US, he or she has undergone two additional years of education for an American credential, and has taken and passed all the licensing requirements for your state. So no worries. And that is true for any credential from any country. My former boss was Greek and went to dental school in Greece, receiving a DDS. He still had to do two more years for an American DMD and pass all the exams that the dental school kids he was teaching did. (He was a professor in the dental school and had a Periodontology certificate from Tufts-that's three years of post graduate training-and a PhD from Harvard). A foreign trained dentist is probably better educated than any home grown DMD or DDS.

Edited by Pepper Mostly
  • Useful 5
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, DiamondGirl said:

confession time:  when Tim said he has to tell Jeniffer (?) a secret that she might not like, did you think it could be that he used to be a woman?

Definitely not. That is a deep male voice, although is is foppish in appearance.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, BoomerRumor said:

As someone that has known a fair number of doctors both personally and professionally, we put way too much stock in the education/intelligence of doctors.

Don't get me wrong, there are brilliant, great doctors who are highly educated. There are also lots of doctors that's skill set and knowledge seems limited to passing exams and not maiming/killing too many patients.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
10 minutes ago, Gigglepuff said:

Good explanation. Here's a simple visual for anyone interested. Of course, there are variations on some of the styles shown below as well.   

islamic-women-clothes-muslim-veils-260nw

This is great, THANK YOU! I once attended a regional workshop in Jordan and the array of head dress across the room was so interesting. Ladies from Egypt wore a sort of pre-made turban (like something out of a 1940's movie), ladies from Morocco wore a very breezy head scarf that often fell backward and showed a lot of hair, one of my facilitators was a Kurd and she went scarf-less, ladies from Iran wore a khimar, and others from Algeria wore the hijab. So many varieties, who knew...?!? I asked my Moroccan male co-facilitator why there were so many different head dress styles and he said, "What? Are there? I don't notice them..." As a married man he was not supposed to look at the details of other women...though how he didn't notice that I don't know...

• Useful 4
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, BookElitist said:

To me, Jennifer looks like a young man...Possibly transitioned. That’s the impression I get every time that i see her.

Wouldn't it be hilarious if Jennifer was a former man and Tim a former woman? :-)

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
13 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Once again, the BDS is recognized by the ADA as the exact equivalent of an American DMD or DDS degree. And if your foreign trained dentist is practicing here in the US, he or she has undergone two additional years of education for an American credential, and has taken and passed all the licensing requirements for your state. So no worries. And that is true for any credential from any country. My former boss was Greek and went to dental school in Greece, receiving a DDS. He still had to do two more years for an American DMD and pass all the exams that the dental school kids he was teaching did. (He was a professor in the dental school and had a Periodontology certificate from Tufts-that's three years of post graduate training-and a PhD from Harvard). A foreign trained dentist is probably better educated than an home grown DMD or DDS.

And other countries' education system and curriculums can be arranged differently than ours in other ways, too. My first two years of college were basically my British husband's equivalent of his last two years of "high school." It takes us around 4-5 years to get a BA, but he was able to graduate with his MA at 22. It's not because I am more educated than him, it's just the way their "high school" is organized. When I started my BA program, I took 2 years of general ed and then 2 years of mostly degree program classes; when he started his BA program, ALL of his classes were degree program classes because he'd already had general ed as part of his "high school"curriculum. 

I'd go to Omar. The best dentist experience I EVER had was with one in Budapest and I couldn't understand a word of what he was saying. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, essexjan said:

Her ex, I understand, is a 50-year-old white guy who fancies himself as a rapper. Yet he is considered the more suitable parent to have custody of the girls.

6 hours ago, Spike said:

Both Darcey and Stacey picked losers to marry and they were both homely so I guess they were just looking to be supported.

Darcey's ex is also a real estate agent and owns a bed & breakfast in the Catskills. Stacey's is a retired professional soccer player. He now does a little bit of coaching and runs a kids' soccer camp. That's pretty standard for former professional athletes, especially if their professional careers were just ok.

6 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I think Mother Avery is a bit too blunt about things.  But, I see her as mother who sees her young, immature, impulsive, naive daughter potentially making a terrible and possibly even fatal (if she goes to war torn Syria) mistake.   

It seems to me like she is both asking some legitimate questions and trying to see if she can get Omar to show Avery another side.   

The situation is really bizarre when you think about it.  Avery converted to Islam 6 months ago (does anyone know why?) and since then has decided to spend the rest of her life with a man from halfway across the world, who she knows almost nothing about and had never met, and who lives in one of the world's most dangerous war zones.

Avery's mother wasn't asking legitimate questions. They were questions designed as a gotcha not to reconsider marrying Omar, but to reconsider Islam. Legitimate questions to Omar would have been about his family and home life, schooling, his future job prospects in Syria or Lebanon, whether he has any interest in coming to the states, thoughts about raising children, and his concerns about US restrictions for Syrian emigres. That's the kind of shit you ask the person who is planning on marrying your child.

Her mother is trying to relitigate Avery's conversion. And that's bullshit. Her mother is stubborn and resistant to anything different or unusual. I read somewhere that mom is a nurse. She acts like there's no way a Muslim person can be trusted when as a nurse she undoubtedly works with a few Muslim people. Furthermore, there's no way that she would have put up this much of a fuss if Avery had converted to a Christian denomination that mom might be less familiar with like Southern Baptist, Pentecostal, or Church of Christ. When she really should be because some of those congregations can be very conservative and literal in their interpretations of the bible. She is a massive hypocrite and ignorant as shit. Her mother has never treated Avery's conversion like a valid legitimate choice Avery has made.

Avery converted because a co-worker talked to her about Islam. Except for missionaries, this is usually how people convert. A friend, co-worker, significant other, or loved one tells them about this other religion. My mom converted to buddhism decades ago. After having multiple people in her social circle tell her about Buddhism, including Herbie Hancock and Tina Turner, it was a janitor in the UN who struck a nerve with her.* He said he watched her walk in and out of the building every day increasingly miserable and felt he had to do something about it. He talked to her about Buddhism and taught her the chants and mantra in a space so public and conspicuous in the UN that he could have been fired. That really was the thing that did it. It took less than 10 minutes. My mother was a Buddhist and has been for more than 40 years. Why is one conversion considered less valid than the other? If you know a little bit about the history of Southeast Asia, Buddhists can be just as violent as any group because Buddhists are people and people are violent.

*My mother is weirdly fame adjacent.

• Useful 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11

Darcy makes me sad. It hurts to see someone, especially a mom, wanting to be loved that much. I think Tom is taking the correct approach with Darcy. He knows he has the control in the relationship and it seems like he is trying to keep things neutral. I hope she can relax. 

Rebecca gets under my skin. I don't know why women feel like they have to go overseas to assert themselves as women. There are plenty of ignorant people here with outdated views on a woman's dress who she can challenge. She doesn't have to travel to do that.  It's ignorant to go to another country and purposely try to ruffle their feathers. I will try to see into the mind of Zied and perhaps he knows he cannot control his temper and did not want to he in a public situation in which he would get into a fight with another man, because Rebecca wants to wear a sleeveless nightie. 

More importantly why was Zied's hair still wet after she blow dried it? 

I don't think there was anything wrong with Avery trying to pick a dress Omar would like. American women and men do that when they get married. 

I also think it's interesting how Rebecca faces criticism for not temporarily conforming to a more conservative style of dress in Tunisia,  but Avery is criticized for converting and dressing conservatively so she doesn't stand out.

I still think Ben is weird AF.

• Love 14
36 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Her mother is trying to relitigate Avery's conversion. And that's bullshit. Her mother is stubborn and resistant to anything different or unusual. I read somewhere that mom is a nurse. She acts like there's no way a Muslim person can be trusted when as a nurse she undoubtedly works with a few Muslim people. Furthermore, there's no way that she would have put up this much of a fuss if Avery had converted to a Christian denomination that mom might be less familiar with like Southern Baptist, Pentecostal, or Church of Christ.

I completely disagree, her mother is treating her like the burden that she is that has decided to take no steps towards independence or rational decision making anywhere in her life including her religion/relationship.

This isn't about religion, this is about her adult daughter being an idiot and a dependent. Avery, having taken any responsibility for her life, would be able to navigate travel and marriage just fine without her mother's involvement. Getting married is not difficult, it's actually shockingly easy if you have any independent agency, something Avery has decided to surrender.

Edited by John M
  • Love 3

My understanding is that Avery's mother insisted on accompanying her to Lebanon, not that Avery made her go. Either way, Avery is legally an adult and can do as she wishes. Her mother is the one practically screaming for Jager bombs and wanting her daughter to dress like a hoochie. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
13 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I agree on Rebecca and Zied.  When in Rome, do as the Romans do.

Yes, that would be common wisdom (or wit?). However, we have to differentiate here.

She is not in a conservative muslim country, there are no clothes restrictions in Tunisia and she is in a tourist area (the cafe "Latino" is located in Hammamet close to the hotel zone).

There are no restrictions on what a woman or man can wear or not in Tunisia (apart from beachwear or underwear). In fact, Tunisian women do wear all sorts of clothes, from traditional Tunisian clothes to islamic clothes to low cut shirts and mini skirts. In fact, conservative islamic clothes (as well as "Afghani" look clothes) were even banned until 2010.

Tourists in Tunisia can basically wear what they want (even beachwear). They are exempted from almost all social/moral regulations. They certainly can wear armless shirts and show off tatoos, especially when being in the tourist areas.

However ... it is true that there will be problems. They do, though, not derive from the "tunisian" natives there, but from young, often uneducated and usually poor men that hang around and try to get a piece of the action. They will, in almost all cases, make bad remarks towards women (sometimes in western languages, almost always in arabic) and stare sheeply at them. The problem that Zied sees has, therefore, nothing to do with tradition or religion, but with the part of the society that is present at the place where they will go.

Now comes a second point into play: Male tunisians are expected to "protect" the females with them. They MUST act immediately and aggressively if another man comes too close to them (by staring, by talking, etc.). If he does not do it, he is not considered to be "a man" - not by the females, not by his friends, not by other people.

In other words - Zied knows that there will be trouble if Rebecca goes out with him dressed in a certain way, and not because the dress itself, but by what he is expected to do.

However (2) ... usually, tunisian men who are with tourist women, are usually be left alone, because, especially when the woman is older than him, because the others (remember, we talking here about a certain group of the society) consider her his "sugar mama" or, in other words, his own "business". So, there was no real reason here why the situation became energized, most probably, the TV being present, played a role in it.

• Useful 13
  • Love 9
14 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

My understanding is that Avery's mother insisted on accompanying her to Lebanon, not that Avery made her go. Either way, Avery is legally an adult and can do as she wishes. Her mother is the one practically screaming for Jager bombs and wanting her daughter to dress like a hoochie. 

Avery either can not or chooses not to independently support herself, otherwise her mother couldn't exercise any control over her trip

Avery is an adult but that does not mean she can do whatever she wishes because she has decided not to exercise independent control over her life, if she had her mother wouldn't even be involved in this.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I use to teach computer skills to Muslim women from Saudi Arabia and I'll never forget the time they had a party and invited me to the house that had been rented for them to entertain in. (6 different families but one house for the women to congregate in.) I dressed modestly, trying to be respectful. I'd never seen anything other than the women's eyes and hands. When the dark-headed beauty with the mini skirt, stiletto heels, low-cut top, false eyelashes, ruby red lipstick, and fishnets opened the door I thought I was at the wrong house. I was the one under dressed. 

I'm underwhelmed by London these days. There are other European cities where I'd prefer to live (Sarajevo, Prague, Vienna, Zagreb, Marbella...) but that's just a personal preference. After my years as a travel writer, I just prefer Eastern Europe. I've lived all over the UK and my kids are dual citizens, and if we were to move back I'd much rather return to the tiny town in Wales where I attended uni. I can definitely understand visiting a place and wanting to move there, though. I did the same with Gatlinburg and New Orleans. But yeah, visiting as a tourist is a MUCH different experience than living there with a work schedule, grocery bill, rent, and transportation to maneuver. It's akin to the honeymoon phase in a relationship. As a tourist you're seeing the best of what a place has to offer. As a resident you see much more of the mundane. I could totally understand it if Darcy were traveling around London, seeing the sights and falling in love with the architecture, the pub culture, the theater, the multitude of ethnic restaurants, etc. That's not even what she's doing, though. She's literally sitting in a car and saying, "Yeah, I could live here" before she's even stepped foot on the street. Everything is so extreme to her. He can't just be a nice guy with whom she may have a future with-he has to be the love of her life. It can't just be a walk down a plank-it has to be a bridle aisle. It can't just be a pretty, historic building-it has to be where her wedding will take place. Jesse can't just be her boyfriend talking to her kids-he has to be described as their "kinda step dad." There's some crazy mind wiring going on in her head. 

EVERYTHING Darcy does is in the superlative.

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

My understanding is that Avery's mother insisted on accompanying her to Lebanon, not that Avery made her go. Either way, Avery is legally an adult and can do as she wishes.

Not necessarily, because the laws of the country will apply, and there are quite a few countries where she would not be an adult with 19 years of age.

However, the age of marriage and majority is 18 in Syria and 17 in Lebanon.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, mamadrama said:

And other countries' education system and curriculums can be arranged differently than ours in other ways, too. My first two years of college were basically my British husband's equivalent of his last two years of "high school." It takes us around 4-5 years to get a BA, but he was able to graduate with his MA at 22. It's not because I am more educated than him, it's just the way their "high school" is organized. When I started my BA program, I took 2 years of general ed and then 2 years of mostly degree program classes; when he started his BA program, ALL of his classes were degree program classes because he'd already had general ed as part of his "high school"curriculum. 

I'd go to Omar. The best dentist experience I EVER had was with one in Budapest and I couldn't understand a word of what he was saying. 

This is mostly an off topic story.

One of my favorite old roommate’s was from Cyprus (Greek side). She started college in the US at 16.

Kinda funny. It was early days of Internet and I met her on a “chat” room looking for a new roommate, when I was looking for a new house (I had to find a place that would accept my house rabbit - she had a cat). When I spoke to her I thought she was British (turns out she went to the British International school in Cyprus).

When I first met her - I went you’re Greek (I worked in a NY greek diner during summers in college), and very young. She wasn’t even US legal to drink. One of my best roommates ever. I brought her along when I bought my first house. Lived with me for years (she basically moved in full time with her now husband shortly - but didn’t want her parents to know). She seemed far better educated than me. Kicked my ass in Scrabble everytime.

This is where it really veers off topic - but also kinda funny. My other favorite was an active Australian Member of Parliament (honest to Sweet Baby Jesus), who was taking classes at Georgetown Law. He liked to read the Financial Times every night, while drinking gin in my dining room and was great at killing rats with a shovel (early 2000’s Capitol Hill). Again sorry so off topic - his name is Andrew Thomson. Doubt he’d mind at this point.

Unfortunately, he was actually scheduled to fly back to Australia on Sept 11th to vote. He was frantic and I told him it wasn’t going to happen (after I walked home from downtown). Turned out the PM from Australia was actually in DC and he managed to beg a ride back (though Andrew later told me they were far from friendly). My friend from Bloomberg later told me it was kinda a big deal there and he had to resign.

Again sorry so off topic. But it’s a good story. I miss Andrew. Luckily I don’t have rats to kill anymore. Mr. DC wouldn’t be up to it.

Edited by Jennifersdc
Sorry. Andrew didn’t resign. He already lost the primary. He currently lives in Japan with his wife. He was married when he lived with me.
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
14 hours ago, FurBabyMama said:

And if people in Muslim countries don’t drink, why are the restaurants serving liquor? 

Who did say that? In some of those countries, it is forbidden to sell/carry alcohole and/or to bring it into the country ... drinking it, is a different pair of shoes. :-)

Foreigners usually go into hotel restaurants. In many countries, the international hotels have a license to sell alcohole to foreigners (not necessarily to their own citizens, though).

• Love 2

I hope Tim and Jennifer blow up; then he returns and Veronica and he wed or whatever.

Akini is kinda nice (and innocent sounding).  Weird that her friend says she watches movies and likes whites.  Weird too that Ben is not her type but she nonetheless digs him.  Good luck, all.  Oh did you notice Ben's first wife was black?  So this couple has a 2-way jungle-fever thing happening!

Edited by MajorNelson
  • Love 2

6 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I could totally understand it if Darcy were traveling around London, seeing the sights and falling in love with the architecture, the pub culture, the theater, the multitude of ethnic restaurants, etc. That's not even what she's doing, though. She's literally sitting in a car and saying, "Yeah, I could live here" before she's even stepped foot on the street. . 

I love London.  It would be great to live there a couple of months a year.  I love Rome too and it would be great to live there a couple of months a year.  A month a year in Manhattan, enjoy some nightlife.  A month in Paris.  But living in another major city far from my home permanently requires more than just being an amazing tourist spot.

• Love 4
On 8/25/2019 at 6:04 PM, WWalter said:

Tunisia and Morocco are more similar than most people would imagine. 🙂

I didn't want to make the ignorant assumption that they were basically the same, which I thought at first, so I checked the geography. They're about a 1,000 miles apart so I figured they were probably very different. Apparently not!

Edited by Scout Finch
  • Useful 1

Wow, Rebecca could barely hide her glee.  Two men fighting over her?!?!????, And nary a light ring or filtered photo involved.  

How many times has zied said he is some version of jealous and controlling?  Like 5 times at least, right?  

But the only way Rebecca could know if he was jealous and controlling was to publicly make a spectacle of herself and set fires and then act confused and dismayed that shit was burning down?  

If two different people from a culture tell you that what you're wearing is disrespectful to the culture, why would you refuse to believe them?  

And she can all the way miss me with her "yeah, I know it's not culturally correct, but I'm tired of changing myself for a man!". Girl, what the hell?  

Truly though zied and that guy eyeballing rebecca were both ugly as fuck.  She may have stumbled on the one guy less attractive than zied.  He looked like a literal love rat. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 11
15 hours ago, blubld43 said:

And will someone please tell Jeniffer’s chicken-lipped ass that she is not cute.  When I look at her, all I see is the masks from “V for Vendetta”.  

My daughter doesn't have a TV and has never seen the show, but I made her watch a bit with me last night. Her reaction to Jeniffer was, "Boy, she sure does that duck lips thing a lot." 

I also noticed Jen's another "hair petter" like Darcey. 

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4