Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelor Season 24: Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

Steve threw out the Bachelorette possibilities as Kelsey, Tayshia and Tia. 

I'd watch Kelsey or Tayshia (Though I never bought her fling with JPJ), but there is no way I would spend a moment on annoying, twangy Tia.  She make me want to throw things.  And I can't believe she's got the following to make decent ratings.  

• Love 3

I just watched Roses and Rose with Lauren, and she seems so angry at Madi. She is flat out mean. Why does what Madi do inspire so much anger in her? Was she angry at Colton? She ranted about her coming on the Bachelor and being unwilling to have sex m. She’s not the first. It was weird man. Chris did defend Madi’s faith and choice and Peter has been very supportive and said that she did exactly what he asked them all to do - she told him how she felt and what matters to her. Lauren’s vitriol was WEIRD.

Taken with her deleted tweet that asked how in the world Peter doesn’t choose Hannah Ann, and it seems like she is truly angry that he is with or wants Madison. That’s so strange to me. She tried to explaining deleting that tweet but it was a joke of an excuse.

• Love 3
55 minutes ago, nlkm9 said:

well if that is the case, what is she winning? a guy who BEGS and PLEADS for Madi to stay. UGH seriously if thats a prize, I guess that is why she told him to go ahead and do what he needed to do and shed be there waiting. GROSS.

Hence my use of quotations marks around the word winner! 😋

15 minutes ago, valen said:

I just watched Roses and Rose with Lauren, and she seems so angry at Madi. She is flat out mean. Why does what Madi do inspire so much anger in her? Was she angry at Colton? She ranted about her coming on the Bachelor and being unwilling to have sex m. She’s not the first. It was weird man. Chris did defend Madi’s faith and choice and Peter has been very supportive and said that she did exactly what he asked them all to do - she told him how she felt and what matters to her. Lauren’s vitriol was WEIRD.

Taken with her deleted tweet that asked how in the world Peter doesn’t choose Hannah Ann, and it seems like she is truly angry that he is with or wants Madison. That’s so strange to me. She tried to explaining deleting that tweet but it was a joke of an excuse.

Chris was pretty negative about Madi on Rachel’s podcast. That’s why I started questioning things. I usually don’t find Lauren Zima to be that bad, but I did today. 

Edited by nutty1
  • Love 3

My theory is that people like Madi make folks question lol “ the process” when someone reasonably says honey if you want to marry me please don’t sleep with anyone else . And Chris Harrison’s life work is this show . 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, leighdear said:

I'd watch Kelsey or Tayshia (Though I never bought her fling with JPJ), but there is no way I would spend a moment on annoying, twangy Tia.  She make me want to throw things.  And I can't believe she's got the following to make decent ratings.  

Ugh tia. I have hated her since she made Becca sent Colton home- not because i liked Colton but i thought it was incredibly selfish. I can’t stand Kelsey and she cannot with stand the pressure of this show. Why in the world would guys want to fight over this drama queen who cried for days over a stupid champagne bottle . They are really scraping the bottom of the barrel aren’t they ? Sheesh.  

• Love 5

I have heard Kendall's name be thrown around a few times. I honestly cannot think of one single woman who I would really be excited over. Maybe Madi, but not Kelsey or HannahAnn. Though I fear HannahAnn may be it.

I think Natasha would be entertaining and could carry a show, and she is gorgeous. But with her not being at the WTA, I'd say that is a big no.

3 hours ago, leighdear said:

I think those are all bad choices....

• Love 1
2 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

My theory is that people like Madi make folks question lol “ the process” when someone reasonably says honey if you want to marry me please don’t sleep with anyone else . And Chris Harrison’s life work is this show . 

Interesting...perhaps this is it. The producer manipulation has gotten a lot of media attention this season. The champagne finasco is one thing, but making the Top 3 stay together for Fantasy Suite week and arranging for Madison to go last has been particularly called out as over the line by fans and even Bachelor alums. Maybe TPTB didn't expect such a backlash directed their way? Madison saying she can't wrap her head around getting engaged to a guy who'd just slept with someone else a few days ago, was probably a bit too blunt for TPTB. The first rule about The Process is not calling attention to how bizarre The Process is, lol. Rather than concede how The Process can lead to messed up relationship dynamics, it's easier for Chris Harrison and surrogates to be mad at Madison for upsetting the apple cart. Sure, you're going to have some fans who will say Bachelor-engaged is not real-world engaged, but with the truth about Fantasy Suites being spelled out, it's much more difficult for TPTB to sell the "romance" of the happy couple in the end.  

Edited by Dejana
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13

I think they're in some big trouble trying to figure out the next Bachelorette...none of the possible candidates seem like good options this year.

Kelsey is too emotional and seems a little bit desperate. I'm not sure why, she's pretty and seems nice, but she came off as very clingy with Peter and doesn't seem to have the confidence to carry a whole season.

Hannah Ann is pretty but very dull and again, not sure she could carry the show. There's just not a lot there, personality-wise. She's also very young. 

Victoria is a no for every possible reason.

Kelley and Natasha don't seem particularly popular with the producers or the audience. Neither got a ton of screentime or a great edit. 

Older contestants like Tia, Tayshia and Kendall all have had other Bachelor nation relationships, which I guess isn't a dealbreaker but seems quite incestuous. None of them seems to be overwhelmingly popular, either. It took me a minute to even remember who Tia was and I follow this show pretty regularly.

I'm truly interested to see what they do because Madison seems like the only possible candidate to me, and there's a good chance she's still dating Peter. 

• Love 4

I wish they could find someone fun like Jillian was.  Even though her final pick was a turd, the season was great otherwise, and the guys all seemed to really like her.  Plus she knew how to switch from romantic to being one of the guys as circumstances dictated.  Self-confidence + a sense of humor + a warm personality should be the top criteria for picking the next Bachelorette.  I wish Madison wasn't so virgin-y, and was a few years older, because she hits at least a few of my preference points.

Edited by EllenB
  • Love 15
4 hours ago, EllenB said:

I wish they could find someone fun like Jillian was.  Even though her final pick was a turd, the season was great otherwise, and the guys all seemed to really like her.  Plus she knew how to switch from romantic to being one of the guys as circumstances dictated.  Self-confidence + a sense of humor + a warm personality should be the top criteria for picking the next Bachelorette.  I wish Madison wasn't so virgin-y, and was a few years older, because she hits at least a few of my preference points.

I liked Jillian because she wasnt model perfect and she was fun!. people need to remember like the bachelor, the premise is someone people want to fight over, who is a catch. as much as i disliked her, Emily was the perfect bachlorette and the guys were nuts over her. Deanna (gag) was a terrible bachlorette because she was so sour and the guys ended up enjoying hanging out with each other more. Tayshia is very beautiful, but on her season, the constant "look at me Im so much fun" was so irritating, but as much as I hate to admit it, she could carry the show. these are all in my opinion. poor and desperate choices. again, who is believable as someone men will fight for? Although I know its not happening, this is when i wish they would go for someone new, not someone elses discards.

FYI--I have a friend who applied for the senior version and Im praying she gets selected!!

7 hours ago, chocolatine said:

And Clare is in her late 30s; Fleiss is definitely not going there.

I would love to see Claire, esp if they brought the racoon back

• Love 6

I would hate it if the editors make an older person look bad. They can make people say whatever they want by slicing bits and pieces of things you do say together. I would hate it if an older friend or relative went on the show and they were treated poorly in the edit.

• Love 9

Has anyone listened to Reality Steve's most recent podcast? He says he received some news last night, which, if true about this season, will just make him throw up his hands in frustration. Very interesting.... He says he will confirm it and share it if he can, but, if he can't, he'll reveal it at the end of the show no matter what.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, deSchenke said:

I would hate it if the editors make an older person look bad. They can make people say whatever they want by slicing bits and pieces of things you do say together. I would hate it if an older friend or relative went on the show and they were treated poorly in the edit.

I know. Heck, I feel bad for the young, naive people who sign up too. 

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, valen said:

Has anyone listened to Reality Steve's most recent podcast? He says he received some news last night, which, if true about this season, will just make him throw up his hands in frustration. Very interesting.... He says he will confirm it and share it if he can, but, if he can't, he'll reveal it at the end of the show no matter what.

I think it can be shared here since this is spoilers!  Maybe He just promoting!  Lol

• Love 1

I don't know why pilot Pete and Hanna Brown don't just wrap it up!  They are sexually compatible and he was runner up her season.

She's going on that dating site looking for a guy.

Just hitch up and put us all out of our misery!

• Love 5
30 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I think it can be shared here since this is spoilers!  Maybe He just promoting!  Lol

I don't think he actually shared anything, which is making people frustrated with him. He is teasing that he has this new information, but he won't share what it is.

• Love 1

I can’t decide whether I like the seniors idea or not.  As others have mentioned, I’d hate to see what the editing monkeys could do to these poor people.  And I DEFINITELY don’t want to see Seniors in Paradise!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

It (Bachelor for Seniors) would certainly be a different show from what they have now. I doubt those over 65 are looking for Instagram fame, or wanting a platform to launch their music career. I suspect there will be those who are lonely, retired and bored, or who are looking for travel on someone else's dime.

I shudder at the thought of Fantasy Suite. 

I've been raised to respect my elders and would hate to see someone be made a fool of.  That's something that happens often on this show.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, TomGirl said:

I can’t decide whether I like the seniors idea or not.  As others have mentioned, I’d hate to see what the editing monkeys could do to these poor people.  And I DEFINITELY don’t want to see Seniors in Paradise!

As the popular saying goes, "there's no fool like an old fool", and I really don't want to watch people my parents' age make fools of themselves, if this show is going to be anything like the main show.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, deSchenke said:

I think the minimum age is 65.

then she must be 65---she got her application in. I mean we all lie about our ages lol. She has a very strong personality, but not obnoxious and she would not let anyone push her around.Im going to text her and nose around 🙂

1 hour ago, chocolatine said:

As the popular saying goes, "there's no fool like an old fool", and I really don't want to watch people my parents' age make fools of themselves, if this show is going to be anything like the main show.

yes i certainly hope seniors are not added to the "bachlelor talent pool" reality steve said the other day we need to watch the music show because those folks will be in paradise and summer games but I just cant do it. Im already hate watching 🙂

Edited by nlkm9
typo.
  • Love 1
On 2/27/2020 at 1:23 PM, Jeanne222 said:

I don't know why pilot Pete and Hanna Brown don't just wrap it up!  They are sexually compatible and he was runner up her season.

She's going on that dating site looking for a guy.

Just hitch up and put us all out of our misery!

I dunno.  Maybe it took four tries for Pilot Pete to hit Hannah's hangar.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, SallyAlbright said:

Clare it is! I'll take it, I'm tired of watching children. Please cast older men.

OMG!! I hope this is true!!! She is so funny. I will never forget that crazy rambling speech se made on juan pablos season. to me she is watchable and deserving. now whether men will fight over--not sure.

• Love 4

Clare talking to the raccoon on the first season of BIP (or second season? IDK) was one of the BEST bachelor edits. She is a producer favorite for going along with all that with a smile on her face. 

Anyway, here's my theory. They already have their lead for Senior Bachelor and they will plant him on Clare's season.  She's what, 39 or 40? So they can stick a few silver foxes in her cast. He'll make it to F3 and get cut, and we will follow his journey on SENIOR Bachelor.  

Here's hoping that Clare finds true love .... and cheers to not having a TIA season.  

• Useful 5
  • Love 10
On 2/27/2020 at 2:51 PM, valen said:

I don't think he actually shared anything, which is making people frustrated with him. He is teasing that he has this new information, but he won't share what it is.

He is trying so desperately hard to remain relevant. It’s quite embarrassing. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Bethanne said:

He is trying so desperately hard to remain relevant. It’s quite embarrassing. 

This has always been him MO. Nothing new there. I still think he gets more spoilers than everyone else put together. 
At least he gave us the new Bachelorette quickly. 

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, nutty1 said:

At least he gave us the new Bachelorette quickly. 

Yeah but even that, wasn't it a total random online that first spoiled it and his initial response was that he had personally heard nothing of that nature. 

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Yeah but even that, wasn't it a total random online that first spoiled it and his initial response was that he had personally heard nothing of that nature. 

I wonder if this is what made him "throw up his hands in frustration" and it's actually nothing to do with Peter's season.

I like Madi, but I would kind of love it if in the end, Peter ends up with Hannah B. Steve has been so adamant that it is never happening, and he's kind of made fun of those that still believe it could, that it would be AMAZING if it did.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

OMG!! I hope this is true!!! She is so funny. I will never forget that crazy rambling speech se made on juan pablos season. to me she is watchable and deserving. now whether men will fight over--not sure.

I always thought Clare had one of the best bodies out of anyone that’s been on the show . I don’t think her looks would be an issue for the men .. but she does have a crazy girl vibe that might be . Either way , she definitely has a personality that will bring the tears and drama . 

• Love 3

I was pro Clare until her last appearance on this franchise. Hasn't she been on this franchise even more times than Nick V? Juan Pablo's season of the Bachelor, 2 seasons of BIP and 1 season of the Winter Games, where she got engaged during the reunion show and then broken the engagement a month later. My impression of her is that she doesn't know what she wants yet even at her age. I hope that has changed, else this time round isn't going to work for her again.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

Yea. But he then confirmed it. He also knew they were talking to Tia, Kelsey and Tayisha. 
Personally, I’d take Clare over any of them . 

• Love 2
(edited)

My impression of that whole Clare engagement was that she was just trying to be nice to that Ben Wha guy who was so smitten with her he put her on the spot on national tv. She kindly didn't turn him down in front of the world and gave  a relationship with him a good college try. Tried to make herself love someone who loved her, but in the end just couldn't muster up real lifelong love and passion for the guy. He just wasn't her type. She wanted to love him because he did all the romantic, right things to win her, but the spark just wasn't fully there in her, for him. Better she didn't marry someone she wasn't  in love with. Smart move I'd say. Nothing wrong with being honest with yourself and another person's heart. She would have been miserable handing out mercy kisses to Ben-Wha in a mercy marriage for the rest of her life, just to be "nice". 

I hope she finds mutual attraction and passion for someone in the group of men she will be meeting on her new "journey".

Go Clare! I'm rooting for you :)

Ben-Wha wasn't my type either. Too wimpy. She wants a manly man. You can't make your heart love someone it won't.

I know his name is spelled Benoit, but the pronunciation is just like those ben-wa balls, which sounds kind of silly.

Edited by SassyCat
  • Love 7