Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelor Season 24: Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

It could be a Hannah's season reject will be the lead for twenty-fourth cycle to be filmed in September. Who will be?

My gut would have to say Mike, the black Air Force dude from San Antonio competed in Hannah's season.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, ApprenticeFan said:

My gut would have to say Mike, the black Air Force dude from San Antonio competed in Hannah's season.

I would so love that!  But my gut is saying that it will be Tyler based on his social media popularity.   

• Love 1

I keep checking, I'm getting obsessive about it.  I really would like Mike.  We're way overdue for black lead.  Add in he's handsome and charming.  He's also from my town and we're both former Air Force families.  Tyer is definitely my second pick.  Peter, meh. He looks like a teenager from the 80's to me for some reason. Plus, I don't want another "On The Wings of Love" theme. 

• Love 6

RS doesn't really know anything, he admits that, but this is what he said today....

Time for a new entry into the show, and it’s Mike. When Mike walked onto the beach, I think it would’ve been more appropriate if the guy just announced “I’m here for my Bachelor audition everyone!” Which inevitably I’m sure will lead to me getting emails, DM’s, IG messages and what not today asking, “Do you think after Mike’s appearance on BIP it will help him to get the Bachelor gig?” After I pluck all my eyebrows out by hand bang my shins against the wall, I will answer that I don’t know. I still think it will be Peter if you ask me today, but I’m basing that on nothing whatsoever other than I know he’s a candidate. You listen to any Chris Harrison interviews and he’s not saying they’re any closer to naming someone either. They will wait until Paradise plays out then name it at the end of August or beginning of September. I think Peter has a better narrative than Mike, so I guess that’s why I’d go with him. They’re looking for who will make better television, not who they care about finding a wife more. But it’s all subjective. People will complain regardless.

Lets catch up and see how that Cam and Caelynn relationship is developing. When we last saw them, Cam is giving her the rose at the last rose ceremony. Now, Cam pulls her aside because he has something to share with her. A letter. A letter that, still to this morning, I don’t quite understand. I think it might’ve been better if he told her that stuff rather than read it off paper. And it’s safe to say Caelynn’s reaction was that of Ross after Rachel gave him an 18 page letter…FRONT AND BACK!!!
Yeah, that letter didn’t go over so well if you ask me. I mean, there were already people calling out Caelynn last episode for making out with Cam just so she could get a rose, so this was just painful to watch.
Time for a new entry into the show, and it’s Mike. When Mike walked onto the beach, I think it would’ve been more appropriate if the guy just announced “I’m here for my Bachelor audition everyone!” Which inevitably I’m sure will lead to me getting emails, DM’s, IG messages and what not today asking, “Do you think after Mike’s appearance on BIP it will help him to get the Bachelor gig?” After I pluck all my eyebrows out by hand bang my shins against the wall, I will answer that I don’t know. I still think it will be Peter if you ask me today, but I’m basing that on nothing whatsoever other than I know he’s a candidate. You listen to any Chris Harrison interviews and he’s not saying they’re any closer to naming someone either. They will wait until Paradise plays out then name it at the end of August or beginning of September. I think Peter has a better narrative than Mike, so I guess that’s why I’d go with him. They’re looking for who will make better television, not who they care about finding a wife more. But it’s all subjective. People will complain regardless.
And you notice how the Tyler/Gigi stuff has gone completely silent for the last week. I say that today if you ask me, I think it will be Peter, but that’s assuming Tyler is out of the running. If Tyler is a possibility and he and Gigi are over, and he and Hannah are over (which they are), then of course Tyler will always be a possibility. The show would be dumb not to capitalize on the most popular contestant this show has ever had. The Gigi stuff may have set him back and a bit, and hey, maybe Tyler doesn’t even want to do it. Maybe he would just rather date whoever he wants rather than a hand picked 30 women from a casting department. That’s entirely possible. I don’t think any of us know exactly what Tyler wants because of all of Hannah’s final four men, he’s spoken the least since the season ended. Maybe the Gigi thing was a short little fling and nothing more. But if Tyler ever declared the “Bachelor” was something he was interested in and would love to be in that role, there’s no doubt in my mind he’d get it. I’m just not getting much sense that he is.

• Love 1

Yeah, Tyler's not dumb enough to drop Gigi Hadid for the Bachelor role. There are FAR more longterm benefits to being her arm candy than being the Bachelor, especially if he wants to continue modeling. They can posture about considering Mike all they want, I'll believe it when I see it. Pete is a blank slate, he falls in love with every girl who blinks at him, he's very popular with the ever important Facebook Moms demographic, and they've probably got all the pilot AND windmill jokes already written. He's a safe, reliable choice for a 6-12 month engagement, which they need after Hannah made a fucking mess of her season.

• Love 4

Just an opinion. No spoiler here. But I don’t know if Mike is getting enough air time to lead me to believe he is the next Bachelor. I think if they were seriously considering him, we’d be seeing more of him on BIP. If I was a betting gal, I’d put my money on Peter. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, nutty1 said:

Just an opinion. No spoiler here. But I don’t know if Mike is getting enough air time to lead me to believe he is the next Bachelor. I think if they were seriously considering him, we’d be seeing more of him on BIP. If I was a betting gal, I’d put my money on Peter. 

I agree which is a bummer because I would like to see him as the next Bachelor.  Personally I think they are grooming Derek to be the next one.  He is getting the sympathetic story-line with Demi and is playing it smooth with that.   I am really anyone but Peter aka Blonde Ben Higgins. 

• Love 4
21 hours ago, LBS said:

Personally I think they are grooming Derek to be the next one.  He is getting the sympathetic story-line with Demi and is playing it smooth with that.

The first thing that popped into my mind upon reading this is "Ew". He is so unappealing to me. Don't the previews show him and JPJ getting into it over Tayshia with JPJ calling Derek out for being disrespectful and taking advantage of her? I think his edit may be heading for a sharp turn. I would be shocked if they chose lame ass Derek over much more solid options in Peter and Mike.

Edited by dom16
  • Love 1

I think Derek has the potential to be an interesting Bachelor if he doesn't become a producers puppet.  He is pretty self-aware and outspoken on Twitter.   But he also puts a lot of Instagram stories of him playing his guitar and singing his original songs and I want to pierce my eardrums.  I don't want another Jed!

• Love 4
11 hours ago, dom16 said:

*Pretends to be shocked*

Double groan.  He was my last pick.  Though Tyler seemed like a good choice early on, he's getting a little too famewhorish for my liking.  But I do wish him well with GiGi.  

Mike, you'll still be my #1 pick for the Bachelor.  

• Love 3

Guess I'll sit this one out like I did Colton's season. (Except I did watch the fence jump episode and what happened after, per Reality Steve's advisory.  And if RS says something interesting is going to happen in a specific episode of Peter's season, then sure, I may watch.)

I honestly have zero interest in this already established Player.  I mean, isn't Peter the one who introduced his GF to his family, discussed having children with her, and then wanted her to move to California from Florida--right up until he made it onto TB, and then he just broke it off? Wasn't that him?  Or am I remembering that wrong?

I guess that "auditioning" he and his family did paid off?

• Love 3

Im happy with Peter, but quite honestly, I would love for them to do some kind of "dual bachelor" theme with him and Mike. and honestly, i was so annoyed with his ex gf trying ti stir the pot even though she has a boyfriend, it makes me happy that it will piss her off because Im immature like that!!

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I liked this show so much better when they used to surprise us with a new somebody!  Now it's always somebody slightly USED from Bachelor Nation!

I'm not sure if 4 times in a windmill constitutes only being "slightly" used. 

• LOL 9

Peter will be fine, it's the girls that will make the show.  

Like adhoc, I sat out Colton's season, but watched the fence jump out of curiosity.  (I also sat out Nick's too, because I hate him with the fiery passion of a million burning suns). 

I just pay less attention to the Bachelor, because the women get really annoying, really quickly.  I'm more interested in the eye candy of the Bachelorette, though Hannah's boys were seriously lacking.  

And yes, millions will always watch, as Steve said.  But some of us do opt out of a particular season simply because of disinterest.  Not a big deal, we're not pissed, we didn't specifically want somebody else, we don't vow to NEVER.WATCH.AGAIN or anything so dramatic.  *LOL*    We're just grownups that decide to watch or do other things on Monday night that interest us more.  

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 3

Peter is nice looking, the right age, has a REAL professional job, a supportive family and will obligingly jump through all the hoops that the producers will want him to.  

He's Ben Higgins 2.0

We usually see more personality from then lead once they're in position.  Hopefully he will surprise us.  Hannah got trashed until her season got underway, and she ended up with the highest ratings of anybody.   

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
14 minutes ago, leighdear said:

We usually see more personality from then lead once they're in position.  Hopefully he will surprise us.  Hannah got trashed until her season got underway, and she ended up with the highest ratings of anybody.   

That's because we cannot look away from a train wreck!!!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, nutty1 said:

That's because we cannot look away from a train wreck!!!

That's what TPTB count on and build the franchise upon. It's a Real World-esque bacchanal cloaked in big 3-network approval with more expensive wardrobe, tied in the trip-wire ribbon of "finding love." No one casting cares about love. That happens by accident. 

I'm happy about Peter. I wanted Tyler but he's disappointed me greatly by going for a Hadid. Not as much substance as we gave him credit for. Nick was an anomaly - I don't really suspect we will ever see a Bachelor come out of Paradise regularly. I'll watch, and hope for some decent young women I can root for. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Stats Queen said:

Same here

9 hours ago, thesupremediva1 said:

I wanted Tyler but he's disappointed me greatly by going for a Hadid.

As long as it isn’t Yolanda, it doesn’t bother me. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

A Hadid hook-up has potentially got more connections to the entertainment biz and modelling contracts than as lead for an ABC reality show that's more of a punch line than a step to anything beyond a follow-up on DWTS.  And yeah, some cash. 

Maybe $200K total for both shows (IF DWTS wanted him), versus possible mega money in the Hadid world with modelling jobs and endorsements.  I'd take the risk of maybe just a few months in that world rather than let ABC manipulate me from asshole to eyeballs on national TV.  Even an eventual GiGi breakup would garner more public sympathy than what he'd allow ABC to do to him. 

I think he's made the right choice. 

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 17
2 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

Same here

Ditto!

35 minutes ago, leighdear said:

A Hadid hook-up has potentially got more connections to the entertainment biz and modelling contracts than as lead for an ABC reality show that's more of a punch line than a step to anything beyond a follow-up on DWTS.  And yeah, some cash. 

Maybe $200K total for both shows (IF DWTS wanted him), versus possible mega money in the Hadid world with modelling jobs and endorsements.  I'd take the risk of maybe just a few months in that world rather than let ABC manipulate me from asshole to eyeballs on national TV.  Even an eventual GiGi breakup would garner more public sympathy than what he'd allow ABC to do to him. 

Good thinking!  I wonder if he made that decision his own or has an agent advising him?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, leighdear said:

All of this. Apparently he's already signed with WME, one of the top talent agencies in the world. In fact, IMG, one of the top modeling agencies, which represents Gigi, among others, is under the WME umbrella. 

Putting aside the fact that frankly I never really got the impression that Tyler particularly wanted to be The Bachelor even before Gigi started following him on Instagram and we assume, slid into his DM's, but I fail to see what is so much greater in his going deeper into Bachelor world versus dating Gigi Hadid.

Okay, some believe she's just some shallow girl who made a career off Daddy's money. But do we really think Tyler's being The Bachelor would have introduced him to some high brow, high standard quality of women? No, he would have met a bunch of 23-25 year olds chasing Instagram fame. At best, there would have been one or two decent apples in the bunch that hopefully a real connection would maybe develop from. 

But yeah I'm not seeing the shame in anyone moving on with their life from that franchise. I don't care who it is they're dating. Bachelor Nation is one giant incestuous toxic cesspool as far as I'm concerned. It's awesome for my snarking purposes but I applaud anyone who gets in and gets the fuck out quickly. 

As for Peter, whatever. I don't buy that Mike was ever in contention and his stating flat out in multiple interviews that he never had any serious talks with the producers, confirm this. I think this was always going to be Peter and then Tyler caught up as the hype around him became insane, in the latter part of the season. I definitely think if he'd been interested, he would have gotten it.

But once he made it clear he wasn't, this was a done deal for Peter. And yes, we can start counting from now the number of windmill jokes that will be made, just in the season premiere alone. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 10

As Bachelor, a weekend getaway is a trip to Nashville with other nation guys, to pick up random chicks, get drunk & pass out in a Motel 6.  

In Hadid land, a weekend getaway is a private jet to Cabo with Kim & Kanye, to para sail, jet ski and chill in a private resort.   *LOL*

HUGE difference, I'm thinking.  He really has nothing to lose opting out of being the B, if he was in consideration.  It could be TPTB had Peter slotted from the beginning, though I doubt we'll ever know.  

Edited by leighdear
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
23 hours ago, thesupremediva1 said:

I'm happy about Peter. I wanted Tyler but he's disappointed me greatly by going for a Hadid. Not as much substance as we gave him credit for. 

Not sure I understand what you’re saying here. Are you saying Tyler would show more “substance” if he chose to be the Bachelor instead of dating a supermodel that he met in the real world? Because I think Tyler eschewing Bachelor-nation famewhoredom for something different is a sign he has more substance than just about every other person who goes on this show. Or is it that you think he’s shallow just because he’s dating Gigi? I don’t know her, she seems like a sweet woman with a good head on her shoulders and successful. Just because she’s a model doesn’t mean she’s necessarily vapid. 

• Love 16
19 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

Okay, some believe she's just some shallow girl who made a career off Daddy's money. But do we really think Tyler's being The Bachelor would have introduced him to some high brow, high standard quality of women? No, he would have met a bunch of 23-25 year olds chasing Instagram fame. At best, there would have been one or two decent apples in the bunch that hopefully a real connection would maybe develop from. 

Yep, he would have met a bunch of girls who aspire to be Gigi Hadid. Might as well go for the real thing if you have the chance. 

6 hours ago, Stan39 said:

Because I think Tyler eschewing Bachelor-nation famewhoredom for something different is a sign he has more substance than just about every other person who goes on this show.

Yep. One of the things I like best about Tyler (beyond looking longingly at that perfect face and chisled body...wait, what was I saying? Or right, um) is that he went on the show, had the experience and is getting the hell out because he is assimilated into THE NATION!!!!

I am no fan of the Hadid's. All I know about them are they are mega rich and the girls all seem to be vacuous model types or at least pretend to be. They are like blonder Kardasians or something. But Tyler is a model, she is a model, they swim in the same pool, only he was probably in the kiddie pool until she invited him into the luxury pool. I don't think they will get married and have bunches of kids or anything, they're just dating. Tyler seems like he is just enjoying his life and for that I say good on him. I do question his taste in women but it's nowhere near as bad as Hannah's taste in men so he could do a lot worse than his super rich, super hot, super connected current girlfriend. 

I do not think he went into Bachelor thinking "This will land me a super hot, rich, supermodel GF" but when the opportunity knocked, he threw open the door like any reasonable person would. 

• Love 12

Yolanda Hadid, Gigi and Bella’s mom, was a very successful model herself and has lots of business savvy. She groomed her daughters early on in what it took to be a model.

I think exposure on reality TV, their training, and their raw talent had more to do with their success than their dad’s money.

But in this day and age, I’m not sure raw talent on their own would have made them the huge successes they are today. 

(I think they are both way too skinny to be totally healthy) as sadly are many other models.

Gigi does seem to be a very nice person despite all her privileges- admittedly, I don’t really follow the industry but the real housewives used to be my guilty pleasure....

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Mabinogia said:

All I know about them are they are mega rich and the girls all seem to be vacuous model types or at least pretend to be. They are like blonder Kardasians or something.

I've actually seen and read a few interviews with Gigi and I think she's actually a little unfairly judged. The times I watched her in interviews, I found her to be very sweet, personable and relatively normal.

And she also does a lot of charity stuff, working with UNICEF, the last few weeks she's been using her social media to talk about what's happening in the Amazon Rainforest, she's even waded lightly in political waters because her father is Palestinian. 

Yeah there's no question that girl is of the new generation of models where she didn't have to be "discovered" because she had a famous name, thanks to her mom doing reality television and her dad being a billionaire. But I don't know, not knowing any of these people personally, money and looks aside, I think Gigi also seems more normal and less complicated than Hannah and all her emotional hang ups. And yes I do recognize that Gigi may just hide hers better than someone like Hannah. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Useful 2
  • Love 10
7 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

I've actually seen and read a few interviews with Gigi and I think she's actually a little unfairly judged. The times I watched her in interviews, I found her to be very sweet, personable and relatively normal.

And she also does a lot of charity stuff, working with UNICEF, the last few weeks she's been using her social media to talk about what's happening in the Amazon Rainforest, she's even waded lightly in political waters because her father is Palestinian. 

That's nice to hear. Like I said, I knew very little about the family so thank you. I can see, then, why Tyler would like her (other than she's drop dead gorgeous! Seriously, they are one damned fine looking couple). He is into charity work as well so that is another thing they have in common, besides modelling. 

• Love 4
16 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

Yep, he would have met a bunch of girls who aspire to be Gigi Hadid. Might as well go for the real thing if you have the chance. 

Yep. One of the things I like best about Tyler (beyond looking longingly at that perfect face and chisled body...wait, what was I saying? Or right, um) is that he went on the show, had the experience and is getting the hell out because he is assimilated into THE NATION!!!!

I am no fan of the Hadid's. All I know about them are they are mega rich and the girls all seem to be vacuous model types or at least pretend to be. They are like blonder Kardasians or something. But Tyler is a model, she is a model, they swim in the same pool, only he was probably in the kiddie pool until she invited him into the luxury pool. I don't think they will get married and have bunches of kids or anything, they're just dating. Tyler seems like he is just enjoying his life and for that I say good on him. I do question his taste in women but it's nowhere near as bad as Hannah's taste in men so he could do a lot worse than his super rich, super hot, super connected current girlfriend. 

I do not think he went into Bachelor thinking "This will land me a super hot, rich, supermodel GF" but when the opportunity knocked, he threw open the door like any reasonable person would. 

Yeah. I say good on Tyler. I’ve met plenty of poor, ugly people with supposedly good educations and “respectable” jobs who have horrible personalities and are just as shallow and vapid. Not saying Gigi is those things, but I’d certainly date her and not give a f*ck what strangers thought. 

• Love 6

Without even reading Reality Steve's listing of where they will be going next season, I can pretty much identify the locales as those where windmills are found in abundance...maybe they'll start with Solvang which is very close to L.A...

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

It could be easy the windmill dates in Solvang in between week 2 or 3. Solvang is inhabited by Danes just outside of LA around northwest west.

I do think they will have destinations for Peter's season:

• Japan 🇯🇵 (Tokyo and nearby towns in Ibaraki, Chiba, Shizuoka or Kanagawa Prefectures)
  • China 🇨🇳 (Beijing and the famous Great Wall)
  • The Philippines 🇵🇭 (Manila)
  • USA 🇺🇸 (Anchorage, Alaska; it would have the only US date outside of Los Angeles area.)
  • USA 🇺🇸 (Hometown dates of 4 contestants)
  • Australia 🇦🇺 (Alice Springs/Ayers Rock/Uluru and Great Ocean Road/Twelve Apostles) could possibly be the place for a Fantasy Suites + Meet the Parents + Last Chance Dates
Edited by ApprenticeFan
  • Love 1