Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelor Season 24: Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

On 1/18/2020 at 5:14 AM, phlebas said:

I agree. If it's not one of those two, I think they go outside the season. Maybe Tayshia. Please not Hannah B again.

I can't shake the ugly feeling they are deciding between Hannah B and Demi, because they are still trying to make them both relevant during Peter's season.  

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, eyelash said:

I can't shake the ugly feeling they are deciding between Hannah B and Demi, because they are still trying to make them both relevant during Peter's season.  

OMG. ANYONE but Tayisha or DEmi--Demi I would not watch, which would be a first for me, a watcher since the very first season..

• Love 4
14 hours ago, eyelash said:

Thanks for the nightmare fuel...

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
On 1/24/2020 at 10:32 AM, RealHousewife said:

If Demi were selected, would they have her choosing between both men and women? 

Well she is dating nick vaill, maybe she would do what kaitlyn did and have him join the season late 😂😂. Seriously just kidding , i think Demi faked an entire love story with Christian and she just couldn’t keep faking . Ugh . 

• Love 3
On 9/10/2019 at 11:03 PM, ApprenticeFan said:

Info released from bachelornationdaily, bachelornationspoilers, bachelor.spoilersall.things.bachelor and doyoucallthisimmature via Reddit to release the potential girls of Peter Weber's season in the last 24 hours:

• Alayah Benavidez, 24, is from San Antonio, Texas; Miss Texas USA 2019 who obtains a degree in Ph.D. in University of Texas at San Antonio and is a part-time Orthodontic Assistant where she has a story about being dyslexic who loves to read literature

Alayah has a PhD???

Does Sarah know Steve has a crush on her?

• Love 1
On 1/24/2020 at 10:45 AM, phlebas said:

I think someone could figure it out... but I bet it wouldn't be ABC.

There was a show called Tila Tequila, a shot at love on MTV in 2007. I watched it.

”Are you ready for the ultimate battle of the sexes? There's about to be an all-out war over cyber hottie Tila Tequila! She's on the hunt for the `one' - whether that's a him or a her.”

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Kerri Johnson said:

Alayah has a PhD???

Both People and Marie Claire articles about her say that she wants to get a PhD. Which, to me, sounds like she's not even enrolled in a program yet. If she was currently enrolled, I'm sure her Bachelor job title would be "PhD student" and not "orthodontics assistant".

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Kerri Johnson said:

who obtains a degree in Ph.D.

Don't you obtain a Ph.D. and not a "degree in Ph.D."?  And why would someone with a Ph.D. be an orthodontics assistant?

Edited by deSchenke
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, deSchenke said:

Don't you obtain a Ph.D. and not a "degree in Ph.D."?  And why would someone with a Ph.D. be an orthodontics assistant?

After 8+ years of student loans to get a doctorate? She probably flosses people for pocket change on the subway.

"A doctorate in Ph.D" is weird, though. Maybe it was fat-fingered at ABC, because it's rare to get a degree in Doctorate of Philosophy.

:)

• Love 2

This is spoilery for sure, but an article on realitytvworld.com says that Steve has confirmed that Peter does not propose at the final rose ceremony. He may have gotten engaged since, or he may propose on the ATFR, but he does not propose to anyone at the last rose ceremony.

• Love 2
On 1/26/2020 at 10:20 AM, chocolatine said:

Both People and Marie Claire articles about her say that she wants to get a PhD. Which, to me, sounds like she's not even enrolled in a program yet.

She doesn't even have a B.A. yet.  The UTSA website has her in the class of 2020 for a degree in English.  I think they would know. 

After she graduates with her B.A. in English, she plans on continuing her education at UTSA and earning both her M.A. and Ph.D.

https://future.utsa.edu/student-spotlight/alayah-benavidez/

In other news, why isn't every website on the planet required to have a publication date on it somewhere?  This one talks about her being a junior, and in the class of 2020, so you can kind of figure it out, but just stick a damn date on it and take the burden off the reader.

• Love 5

Probably an unpopular opinion...

I kinda feel bad for Victoria F.  Or at least the person we can construct from what we're shown of her.

I know what the spoilers say about how her time ends on the show and her homewrecker tendencies and all that. Taking that at face value, it seems to me there is some serious self-esteem issues there. It looks like she's trying to hide while still trying to Peter's attention and, possibly, affection.

She seems embarrassed about everything she does, and tries to cower like an abused animal. 

She's got a body that could cause traffic accidents, and she must know that. Maybe she's tried to find someone for whom that doesn't matter and can value her for something else? I don't know what to make of the Chase Rice stuff, but if he's telling the truth about it being a one-night stand, she may have constructed something more to try to keep her head up. "He was my boyfriend and I ended it" has to feel different from "we met and screwed like bunnies who just left the priesthood, then I got an Uber."

I don't know. "I ruin marriages as a hobby" sounds pathological. Maybe I'm taking it on faith that there's something more human there. Probably never know for sure, I guess.

• Love 4

Going on a Reality TV show is no substitute for psychotherapy. 

I have no sympathy for somebody in their mid-20's to be SO lacking in self-awareness and unwilling to work on their insides.  Obviously, all of these women pour HUGE amounts of money and effort into their outsides.  Those collagen injections, fake boobs and veneers don't come free.  They all need more interior work.  

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 11

Victoria does have an amazing little figure. But I don’t get women like her. You’d think she’d at least want to respect other people’s relationships in order avoid the bad karma that comes with being the “other woman.” Being a cute young girl with a banging body is fun for now, but how will she feel if she married a pilot? Or a man who will have a pretty young secretary? Does she not realize she won’t be the young hottie forever, and she can be the recipient of the same exact hurt she’s caused? I get the vibe she’s used to being the hot chick in the room and enjoys it a little too much, hence her crying about all those other pretty girls and Peter not only seeing her.

• Love 10
46 minutes ago, leighdear said:

Going on a Reality TV show is no substitute for psychotherapy. 

I have no sympathy for somebody in their mid-20's to be SO lacking in self-awareness and unwilling to work on their insides. 

Wouldn't lacking self-awareness preclude having the insight needed to get help for your insides?

13 minutes ago, phlebas said:

Wouldn't lacking self-awareness preclude having the insight needed to get help for your insides?

All she has to do is take a Cosmo quiz.  I imagine that's how most of these young women get their information about their strengths and weaknesses.  

• LOL 11
  • Love 1

I've only seen one of Victoria F's IG posts, but in it, she's throwing rose petals up and warning people to get ready for a wild ride. That seems contradictory to the persona on television.

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, leighdear said:

All she has to do is take a Cosmo quiz.  I imagine that's how most of these young women get their information about their strengths and weaknesses.  

I did say mine was likely an unpopular opinion 🙂 No disrespect meant to the good people at Cosmopolitan.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 1/29/2020 at 3:09 AM, phlebas said:

She seems embarrassed about everything she does, and tries to cower like an abused animal. 

My impression of her being a cowering abused animal went out the window when she did that verbal lashing on Alayah. I literally went "man, that's harsh" when I was watching it. She's nasty.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, waving feather said:

My impression of her being a cowering abused animal went out the window when she did that verbal lashing on Alayah. I literally went "man, that's harsh" when I was watching it. She's nasty.

Fair.  The cowering seems limited to her interactions with Peter.  But I do get her anger at Alayah -- and I also think it sucks she was allowed to go home and get caught up on social media before coming back.

• Love 2

I take it as this is her ploy: to appear defenseless and in need of reassurance, and the guy on the receiving end thinks, "wow, this beautiful hot woman is asking me for reassurance and protection, and she really appreciates me giving it to her!" She makes the guy feel good about himself!

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

I look forward to there only being six women left after next week. Hopefully that means we'll finally get to see Peter build some relationships beyond "thank you for showing me your heart, now let's make out". IMO the last two episodes were a waste of time because it's obvious that neither Alayah, Sydney, or Victoria P. are frontrunners, so their drama is totally pointless.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, chocolatine said:

I look forward to there only being six women left after next week. Hopefully that means we'll finally get to see Peter build some relationships beyond "thank you for showing me your heart, now let's make out". IMO the last two episodes were a waste of time because it's obvious that neither Alayah, Sydney, or Victoria P. are frontrunners, so their drama is totally pointless.

That is what I didn’t understand.  Peter had to have some clue none of those girls were worth so much effort and drama.

• Love 3

OK, I already had a low opinion of her after reading that she's slept with four of her friends' husbands, but modeling for WLM is absolutely, irredeemably, deplorable. It's like the show goes out of its way to cast at least one racist on every season. Happy to hear that Cosmopolitan, at least, has higher standards.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 13
21 minutes ago, Dejana said:

WLM refers to White Lives Matter. The pics in question: 

Wow! Thank you for explaining. I assumed that stood for Wilhemina modeling agency or whatever it’s called. That’s despicable! I mean, it’s almost besides the point but...Victoria isn’t even white, is she? This isn’t to say it’s all fine and well if she were!! I just mean that if she is in a marginalized race, why would she do this—or moreover, why would they choose her? The whole thing is confusing and sickening.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

Not sure if this is considered a spoiler or not. Remember Sydney said she ate lunch in the bathroom every day of her senior year? Here’s some of her yearbook pictures. 

Here are the pictures 
(Won’t let me upload the others)

9FDEBDD6-1598-4FE2-AA33-064A88A6D693.jpeg

Edited by nutty1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, nutty1 said:

Not sure if this is considered a spoiler or not. Remember Sydney said she ate lunch in the bathroom every day of her senior year? Here’s some of her yearbook pictures. 

Here are the pictures 
(Won’t let me upload the others)

9FDEBDD6-1598-4FE2-AA33-064A88A6D693.jpeg

The funny thing is that they cut to Sydney’s “sob story” immediately from Kelley lamenting that she “doesn’t have a sob story to make Peter fall in love with” me. So it must be the producers telling these girls that they have to divulge their childhood trauma to build intimacy, and if you don’t have any traumatic experiences then they won’t have the same connection that he’s building with the other women. Kelley doesn’t care about Peter, so she just pulled back the curtain. Sydney decided she better make something up! Maybe she had to sit alone one day when mono hit the popular crowd lunch table! I mean, of course she’d have to sit alone rather than be seen with the undesirables!

• Love 8

I couldn't even make myself watch last night, too deep into "The Stranger" on Netflix.  AWESOME series.  

I just buzzed through the thread of commentary about the episode and am SO unbelievably grateful I didn't sacrifice 3 hours of my life for what happened.  Bless Reality Steve, as his previews are good enough.  

I'll probably watch the finale, but only out of curiosity about how it ends.  

13 hours ago, nutty1 said:

Cosmo did clarify that white lives matter is saving white marlin fish. Just throwing out the facts. 

I haven't seen the Cosmo statement.  Are they saying that the "group" White Lives Matter has taken up saving white marlin as a cause, and that they're not so bad because of it? 

All I could find are "parody" shirts that say White Lives Matter with an illustration of a white marlin, in support of marlin conservation.

No it seems that it's a group trying to prevent the killing of blue and white marlin fish, which I take are endangered. They used the ill-advised "White Lives Matter" and "Blue Lives Matter" slogans above marlin silhouettes on the tshirts, obviously assuming that would draw more attention. 

I can't stand Victoria F, but it's probably fair to assume she thought it was a good cause she was modeling for. No points for not recognizing the slogan was a bad idea, but the cause itself was fine. 

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, SallyAlbright said:

No it seems that it's a group trying to prevent the killing of blue and white marlin fish, which I take are endangered. They used the ill-advised "White Lives Matter" and "Blue Lives Matter" slogans above marlin silhouettes on the tshirts, obviously assuming that would draw more attention. 

I can't stand Victoria F, but it's probably fair to assume she thought it was a good cause she was modeling for. No points for not recognizing the slogan was a bad idea, but the cause itself was fine. 

Considering the WLM campaign also used a confederate flag (with fish on it, of course)  I think they knew exactly what they were doing. 

• Love 16
41 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Considering the WLM campaign also used a confederate flag (with fish on it, of course)  I think they knew exactly what they were doing. 

Looks like lizard faced Victoria blew it before she even got there. No insta career for her. I can’t imagine how this low energy woman is able to sell anything. Her looks are not engrossing nor is her personality. What a stupid thing to do. I just can’t stand her at all. I doubt TB will keep her around since there will be backlash. 

• Love 5

Sydney responds to the allegation she's made up the bullying claims:

Also, Sydney and Hannah Brown were in the same high school class and apparently Hannah has shaded Sydney in her Stories. On Twitter, there are *rumors* of Sydney bullying Hannah B in their school days.

Wonder if their connection will come up at any point...

Edited by Dejana
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Ah, didn't see that one. Stupid. Also irritating, since I'm all for helping animals and don't like when good causes are run by idiots. 

• Love 8
20 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I haven't seen the Cosmo statement.  Are they saying that the "group" White Lives Matter has taken up saving white marlin as a cause, and that they're not so bad because of it? 

All I could find are "parody" shirts that say White Lives Matter with an illustration of a white marlin, in support of marlin conservation.

No. I never said that. Just saying what group it was she posed for. Please don’t make more of my simple statement. 

• Love 1
On 1/31/2020 at 10:39 PM, nutty1 said:

From Reality Steve. I was too lazy too type it all out. 

89251C96-FE65-468B-98DE-2E53673C5569.jpeg

95C6E3E5-18FC-45CB-82DF-07D965787E4B.jpeg

RS is a piece of shit. Mykenna and Tammy are on the group date in Chile, as I spoiled back in October, Victoria F gets the second 1-on-1 in Chile, Hannah Ann will have on her 1-on-1 as well.

8 women on a group date, and 2 separate 1-on-1 dates.