Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelor Season 24: Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

Reality Steve has more information up today. He shared that Madison tells Peter before overnights that she is a virgin and that she would have a hard time moving forward with him if he sleeps with anyone else. So, he knows going into overnights how she feels. She then finds out through a group text with the other girls that he had sex with at least one of them. She then leaves the show.

She was filming something yesterday. Steve thinks that she is with Peter now, but they are not engaged. I just can't see how they ever make it given that she explained to him how she felt and he went ahead and slept with someone else anyway. I don't know how you ever get over that. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, valen said:

Reality Steve has more information up today. He shared that Madison tells Peter before overnights that she is a virgin and that she would have a hard time moving forward with him if he sleeps with anyone else. So, he knows going into overnights how she feels. She then finds out through a group text with the other girls that he had sex with at least one of them. She then leaves the show.

She was filming something yesterday. Steve thinks that she is with Peter now, but they are not engaged. I just can't see how they ever make it given that she explained to him how she felt and he went ahead and slept with someone else anyway. I don't know how you ever get over that. 

I have said it all along...Peter couldn't wait to bang Victoria F. So even if Maddie was the one he wanted, he couldn't resist Victoria. I say throw him to the curb, that horn dog!

• Love 18
1 hour ago, nutty1 said:

I have said it all along...Peter couldn't wait to bang Victoria F. So even if Maddie was the one he wanted, he couldn't resist Victoria. I say throw him to the curb, that horn dog!

I agree with this. Steve says that all of the footage and pictures taken from people that saw them on the day portion of Victoria's hometown said they were all over each other. He dumps her when he finds out about her homewrecking, but then lets her come back long enough to have sex with her and then dumps her again. It's gross.

• Love 12

This sounds very dramatic and idiotic. Madison, you don’t get to go on a show that has overnight dates which are usually consummated and demand he doesn’t participate. Peter, you don’t dump the home wrecker and then consummate, then re dump. 

What a bunch of morons. But it’s all set up for Peters mother to chew the scenery and reference two songs from different genres. Bring him (her) home/don’t let her go. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
7 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

Madison, you don’t get to go on a show that has overnight dates which are usually consummated and demand he doesn’t participate.

Especially a guy whose entire season was themed around his banging a woman four times in a windmill. Like really, girl? And to wait that late in the process to share these concerns and feelings? Okay then. I mean kudos to her for peacing out, which is her right. But yeah, kind of naive on her part. 

• Love 20

I think part of Madison's approach may be "if it's meant to be, it will be." She did say something along those lines this past Monday. She probably believes that if she is meant to be with Peter that it will work out, and if it's not, then it will be okay too. 

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

This sounds very dramatic and idiotic. Madison, you don’t get to go on a show that has overnight dates which are usually consummated and demand he doesn’t participate.

Yeah, I don’t see how Madison is any better than Luke P in that respect.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
35 minutes ago, valen said:

I think part of Madison's approach may be "if it's meant to be, it will be." She did say something along those lines this past Monday. She probably believes that if she is meant to be with Peter that it will work out, and if it's not, then it will be okay too. 

Oh my god. I already have Peters mom singing show tunes/lite rock in my head. Now Madison is chiming in with pop/contemporary/country ballads.

Peters mom: “Brrriiing heeer HOOOMM.”

Switches gears: “Don’t let her go! Just give it a chance to grow!”

Madison: “If it’s meant to be it’ll be, baby it was meant to be”. 

• LOL 8
5 minutes ago, Bobcatkitten said:

Sounds like she does exactly what Luke P does. Tell him not to sleep with people or she will leave and he does and she leaves. 

But, Luke P said it during the fantasy suite, Madison at least told him before.

• Love 8

I seem to remember on countless previous seasons that the Fantasy Suite doesn't NECESSARILY mean they had sex.  It could just be time to cuddle and talk and truly get to know each other without the cameras pointed in your direction.

If someone SAYS they had sex in the FS, then fine, but I'm pretty sure there've been more than a few where nothing happened that one couldn't do in front of one's parents or children.

• Love 11

I think Luke P. and Madison have similar values but the way they've presented them feels very different. 

To me, Luke P. seemed a bit more controlling in terms of "if you sleep with someone else you are a bad person and 'dirty' to me." He also was NOT a virgin so it felt a bit more hypocritical to me. He was very aggressive in his demeanor and his ordering Hannah to comply with him. He also used his religion to judge the other guys in the house and constantly pick fights with them. 

Madison seems less judgmental in terms of how she treats other people. Her beliefs are obviously very important to her, but she hasn't been shown using them to put other people down or judge anyone (as far as we know). It seems like she's made the decision to wait until marriage and that's important to her. As long as she tells Peter about it and gives him the chance to make informed decisions, that seems fair. If he wants to pursue her and go along with waiting for her, great. If not, that's fine too. If she leaves, I feel like that's basically what she's saying. That said, I obviously haven't seen that so maybe it's way over the top dramatic and then that doesn't seem fair. 

I do agree that this show is not necessarily the best idea for her, but hey, both Colton and Sean Lowe would have been totally cool with this so maybe it's not as crazy as it seems. 

Just now, b2H said:

I seem to remember on countless previous seasons that the Fantasy Suite doesn't NECESSARILY mean they had sex.  It could just be time to cuddle and talk and truly get to know each other without the cameras pointed in your direction.

If someone SAYS they had sex in the FS, then fine, but I'm pretty sure there've been more than a few where nothing happened that one couldn't do in front of one's parents or children.

Yep, I remember Emily being very clear about using the FS to talk only and mentioning that she didn't want anything to be misconstrued as she had a young daughter at the time. 

• Love 18
1 minute ago, SallyAlbright said:

Yep, I remember Emily being very clear about using the FS to talk only and mentioning that she didn't want anything to be misconstrued as she had a young daughter at the time. 

I didn't watch back then, but Emily seems like someone who has the whole package-beauty, charm, and class. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, deSchenke said:

He presents himself better in interviews than he does in print.

He really does.  His interviews are remarkably caring and he's very considerate of his guests.  He never accuses, makes fun of or harasses anybody about some of the ridiculous things they've done on the show.  I've enjoyed all of them, even if I haven't particularly liked the contestant. 

3 hours ago, valen said:

I agree with this. Steve says that all of the footage and pictures taken from people that saw them on the day portion of Victoria's hometown said they were all over each other. He dumps her when he finds out about her homewrecking, but then lets her come back long enough to have sex with her and then dumps her again. It's gross.

Sounds to me like he's just emulating her sleazy behavior...

Edited by leighdear
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, b2H said:

gosh times have changed, in season 1 I dont know if shannon and alex had even kissed!!

• Love 2
11 hours ago, SallyAlbright said:

I think Luke P. and Madison have similar values but the way they've presented them feels very different. 

To me, Luke P. seemed a bit more controlling in terms of "if you sleep with someone else you are a bad person and 'dirty' to me." He also was NOT a virgin so it felt a bit more hypocritical to me. He was very aggressive in his demeanor and his ordering Hannah to comply with him. He also used his religion to judge the other guys in the house and constantly pick fights with them. 

Madison seems less judgmental in terms of how she treats other people. Her beliefs are obviously very important to her, but she hasn't been shown using them to put other people down or judge anyone (as far as we know). It seems like she's made the decision to wait until marriage and that's important to her. As long as she tells Peter about it and gives him the chance to make informed decisions, that seems fair. If he wants to pursue her and go along with waiting for her, great. If not, that's fine too. If she leaves, I feel like that's basically what she's saying. That said, I obviously haven't seen that so maybe it's way over the top dramatic and then that doesn't seem fair. 

I do agree that this show is not necessarily the best idea for her, but hey, both Colton and Sean Lowe would have been totally cool with this so maybe it's not as crazy as it seems. 

It came out afterwards that in her contract, the show was required to present her as not having sex in the fantasy suites, when, in fact, she did.   I don’t know if it was with all three, but she did have sex with at least one of the guys.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, DEL901 said:

It came out afterwards that in her contract, the show was required to present her as not having sex in the fantasy suites, when, in fact, she did.   I don’t know if it was with all three, but she did have sex with at least one of the guys.  

I believe she slept with Jef and Arie. Sean of course was already a born-again virgin at the time, so that wouldn’t happen.

But he’s one of the people who sort of confirmed the rumors of what actually happened, by admitting in an interview years later, how once the cameras stopped filming, Emily offered him the room key and told him they could go if he wanted.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I didn't watch back then, but Emily seems like someone who has the whole package-beauty, charm, and class. 

She's always been my favorite Bachelorette.  The iron fist in the velvet glove.  She made those guys chase her, never coming off needy or like they were doing HER a favor.  Her locations were breathtaking & the dates were interesting & fun, not embarrassing and humiliating .  And I think she had some of the best looking and most personable guys ever, and they all rocked the kilts!  

But this was just before BIP, constant social media contact and where being a contestant was just the first step to being an "influencer" and having your own podcast.  

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, leighdear said:

She's always been my favorite Bachelorette.  The iron fist in the velvet glove.  She made those guys chase her, never coming off needy or like they were doing HER a favor.  Her locations were breathtaking & the dates were interesting & fun, not embarrassing and humiliating .  And I think she had some of the best looking and most personable guys ever, and they all rocked the kilts!  

But this was just before BIP, constant social media contact and where being a contestant was just the first step to being an "influencer" and having your own podcast.  

Sounds like the perfect season! I might try to watch it sometime. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

Sounds like the perfect season! I might try to watch it sometime. 

Her season was my first season ever to watch and it was great.  Her group of guys were fun and the "villain" take down was fantastic.  

• Love 4
4 hours ago, nutty1 said:

I’ve also heard through the grapevine that Emily slept with Arie and Jef.  

Yep, and she would have done the trifecta with Sean if he'd been game.  

2 hours ago, LBS said:

Her season was my first season ever to watch and it was great.  Her group of guys were fun and the "villain" take down was fantastic.  

Oooo the infamous Kalon!  TOO much fun!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

@leighdear  She was only 25 too!  When I look at this current crop and compare them to her... it boggles the mind.  Kalon was so smug!  (goes to google "where are they now")

And to keep it on topic for this season, even the spoilers are dull.  I thought going into this not really knowing would be fun but it has been a slog fest.  I have zero connection to any of the women and Peter has a personality of a dishrag that has been left in the sink for a day too long.  The WTA will be just be 3 hours of screeching and MyKeena's eyebrows scrunching as she tries to get the tears flowing.  I can't even get excited about the Bachelorette because I can't see anyone from this crew on it.  Even the ones I liked (Kelley, Natasha, and wow.  Those are the only two I like) wouldn't be able to carry the lead.   And will I watch the final 100 hours of this crap? Undoubtedly yes. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

Next Bachelorette will be The Virgin Bachelorette. They haven't done that one yet. That I remember anyway.

TMZ says rumor has it Peter doesn't pick any of the b-ettes, he ends up with one of the producers. Photos of Peter and the producer chick at a Peter Pilot family function are on Dad's Insta account. Another photo of the producer chick on NYE has a guy looking a lot like Peter behind her.

TMZ's second rumor has Peter back with Hannah.

Just sayin'.

• Love 1

Yeah, we picked apart the Petey & the Producer ridiculousness last week, so TMZ is late to the party and stupid to think it has any validity.  And I love Harvey & his crew, but there simply can't be anything there. 

I agree with Steve, that so far it's looking like a Hannah Brown 2.0 season for The Bachelorette. 

I'm actually ok with it, as I liked her spunkiness, I liked that she didn't really take any shit from the guys, and I'm betting she's learned a LOT from her last stint that would alter her behaviors a bit.  I think it could be great.  And not a single girl on this season could handle it. 

This season?  Too convoluted, too messy, too much crying, too many children and a lead with all the appeal of partially-cooked pasta.  I don't care how it ends, honestly.  

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, leighdear said:

Yeah, we picked apart the Petey & the Producer ridiculousness last week, so TMZ is late to the party

Oh, crumb, and here I thought I had some hot scoopage. I hadn't been reading here since I dropped out this season. This show had been must-see tv since season 1, but I couldn't take it any more. @leighdear summed it up perfectly:

"Too convoluted, too messy, too much crying, too many children and a lead with all the appeal of partially-cooked pasta.  I don't care how it ends, honestly."

Amen.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Damn, then she ran things even better than I thought! She really was the boss of her season in a way not many other leads have been. 

• Love 7
20 minutes ago, SallyAlbright said:

Damn, then she ran things even better than I thought! She really was the boss of her season in a way not many other leads have been. 

I also heard she demanded - and got - a $300,000 apparel budget and got to keep everything she wore on the show.

• Love 5
22 hours ago, leighdear said:

exactly. the show was so different then, I mean you always had jerks of both sexes who would come on for fame, this is such another level!! And look it worked for travis stork and some others, right? (he received one of the best lines in bachelor history about someones "eggs that were rotting". lol

18 hours ago, valen said:

From what I recall, they had not kissed. 

what was so great about shannon is this was the very first time anyone had ever seen the date card and she says;Oh so I bet you have a card for you and trista and you and amaznda" I loved shannon!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 2/12/2020 at 5:56 PM, b2H said:

hhahah i remember fless bragging that Bob Guiney had sex with 51/2 women--anyone remmeber that? I thought Jamie, who was on Tristas season and was great friends with Bob, was so good looking and thought he would make a great bachelor. I think they were even on Oprah together!

• Love 1

I've been thinking about this. I wonder if the thing Chris Harrison is there to tell Peter before the FR ceremony is that his parents are there to talk to him. Maybe he's decided to propose to HA and his mom talks him out of it... and convinces him to go after Madison. That would be dramatic. 

• Love 3
On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2020 at 4:11 AM, truthaboutluv said:

Yup, Emily did go to the Fantasy Suite.

I had no idea until years later when I read Reddit that she did indeed go.

The show did a great job pretending she never did.

• Love 2

Emily and Sean the two with values are both happily married..to other people of course.  Emily had a young daughter and now has three adorable little boys!  Sean and Catherine have two sweet boys and a beautiful baby daughter!is

I don't think Madison and Peter are on the same wave length!  She's saving herself for marriage and he's hot for Victoria and of course he's got that windmill thing following him around!

She should wait for some man that values her and has similar thoughts regarding sex.  

Peter will end up with a Victoria type and a boatload of heartbreak!

7 hours ago, CrazyDog said:

I could totally see that happening, actually. And it would suit this whole season for Peter's mom to be heavily involved in the finale. How embarrassing. 

I think Peters mother knows what she's working with!!!  She's trying....

• Love 4
On 2/14/2020 at 8:54 AM, leighdear said:

I'm actually ok with it, as I liked her spunkiness, I liked that she didn't really take any shit from the guys, and I'm betting she's learned a LOT from her last stint that would alter her behaviors a bit. 

Oh god no, she'd be an even worse lead than she was the first time. The only thing I ever appreciated about Hannah B is that she stuck by her decisions, not matter how terrible they were. Being the Bachelorette again only a year later? She would be paranoid the entire time about another Luke P or Jed deceiving her and would be even more of a psychotic, egotistical nightmare. And then she'd just pick another Luke P or Jed anyway.

With all that being said... another terrible Hannah B season would STILL actually be better than anyone from Peter's season. Hannah S looks and talks like a 15 year old, Victoria would bitch and whine at every single contestant, and Kelsey wouldn't be able to get through a single sentence without crying. At least Hannah B 2.0 would be morbidly fascinating, can't-look-away-from-the-car-crash television.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, deSchenke said:

She was funny, intelligent and spoke her mind without sounding like a bench.

Which is why she doesn't stand a chance of getting the lead, unfortunately. I'd watch her season but I think the show would prefer someone with no personality whom they can control. Natasha has personality and doesn't seem like she'd be easy for them to control. Also, she can do much, much better than whoever they scrape off the bottom of the social media barrel to compete for her hand for 6 months or so. 

I wish there was a dating show for folks who weren't looking for "followers" and "likes" on the SM. You know, like this show waaaaaaaaaaay back in the day when it had bachelors that were actually desirable. Peter might have a more legit profession than a content manager or influencer, but he's a mama's boy who lives with his parents. Not exactly a catch IMO. They haven't had a legit catch on this show is a long time. It has devolved. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
6 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

I wish there was a dating show for folks who weren't looking for "followers" and "likes" on the SM. You know, like this show waaaaaaaaaaay back in the day when it had bachelors that were actually desirable. Peter might have a more legit profession than a content manager or influencer, but he's a mama's boy who lives with his parents. Not exactly a catch IMO. They haven't had a legit catch on this show is a long time. It has devolved. 

Exactly. As ridiculous as it was, it was nice when they were competing for faux princes, D-list actors, ex-NFL players, and ER physicians who aspire to daytime television. It's a bit of a stretch to see women "compete" for some random dude you wouldn't look twice at if he was standing next to you in line at Starbucks. And yet I watch...

• Love 12

I blame Jason Mesnick.   He was the first “regular guy” and the whole final two debacle brought the show a ton of publicity.   They have been pushing the “most shocking ending” trope ever since.   

• Useful 3
  • Love 8

It's a bummer that ABC would be so creepy about a virgin Bachelorette, because Madison could be really fun. She's pretty and athletic, and she's nice and laid back. She has values beyond Instagram and an interesting job. I think lots of the guys would be really into her and it could be a fun season.

However, the producers are too creepy and would make it all about her virginity and the whole thing would be too gross. 

• Love 9

Evan Bass had a really interesting tweet. He thinks Peter and Victoria have ALREADY had sex, and that is why Peter keeps her around. That would also make more sense with the clip of Peter saying he was intimate with someone "six days prior to this." Could that be after their talk but before the Fantasy Suite dates? She tells him she's a virgin, and if that he sleeps with someone else it will hurt her, but it's already too late, because he's already slept with Victoria? Now that would be dramatic.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
29 minutes ago, valen said:

Evan Bass had a really interesting tweet. He thinks Peter and Victoria have ALREADY had sex, and that is why Peter keeps her around. That would also make more sense with the clip of Peter saying he was intimate with someone "six days prior to this." Could that be after their talk but before the Fantasy Suite dates? She tells him she's a virgin, and if that he sleeps with someone else it will hurt her, but it's already too late, because he's already slept with Victoria? Now that would be dramatic.

It makes sense, because Peter would look like a real dick if he had sex with Victoria and then cut her before the final 3.  

• Love 5

Okay, admittedly I haven't really watched this season because just no... So I can't really speak to Maddie's personality versus Luke P. last season. But watching the promo for next week, it made me very curious to see what the reaction will be to her ultimatum to Peter.

Because in the interest of fairness, tool though Luke P. may have been, Madison is not really saying anything different than he did. And like Luke, she willingly chose to sign up for this show.

And as I noted above, willingly chose to compete on a season with a guy who famously kiki'ed with the Bachelorette about their doing it four times in a windmill. And it seems like unlike Luke who was upfront about his Christianity from the start, it doesn't seem like she let Peter know about her feelings about pre-marital sex until Final 3. So again, really interesting to see the reaction from viewers next week.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Okay, admittedly I haven't really watched this season because just no... So I can't really speak to Maddie's personality versus Luke P. last season. But watching the promo for next week, it made me very curious to see what the reaction will be next week to her ultimatum to Peter.

Because in the interest of fairness, tool though Luke P. may have been, it is true that Madison is not really saying anything different than he did. And like Luke, she willingly chose to sign up for this show.

And as I noted above, willingly chose to compete on a season with a guy who famously kiki'ed with the Bachelorette about their doing it four times in a windmill. And it seems like unlike Luke who was upfront about his Christianity from the start, it doesn't seem like she let Peter know about her feelings about pre-marital sex until Final 3. So again, really interesting to see the reaction from viewers next week.

I am also very curious. Seems like they are doing the exact thing but people are defending her and attacking him. I mean yes he was a tool and didn't use his words. So maybe she is more eloquent? But still the same thing. Telling the bachelor that she essentially wants him to follow her morals. 

• Love 4

The main difference between Madi and Luke is that she tells him BEFORE he goes to the fantasy suites, not after. He is informed of her wishes and he gets to decide if he wants to honor them or not. Luke told Hannah B. after she had already been on a fantasy suite. It's also in the delivery, and, I suspect that Madi's delivery will be much different than Luke's. He also backtracked once he realized she had slept with someone else. I don't think Madi does that. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Bobcatkitten said:

I am also very curious. Seems like they are doing the exact thing but people are defending her and attacking him. I mean yes he was a tool and didn't use his words. So maybe she is more eloquent? But still the same thing. Telling the bachelor that she essentially wants him to follow her morals. 

That's why I said I'm interested to see the whole thing play out. Because just to be clear, I have no personal opinion and issue regarding Maddie and the situation, because as I noted, I haven't watched the season.

So unlike with Luke P. where by that point, it was a series of things of his being an ass, I don't think that's the same with Madison. But still it is essentially two people of faith expressing their feelings to the lead about sex in the fantasy suites. 

• Love 2