Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelor Season 24: Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

Steve has said this is not speculation, this is what happened. I know a lot of people do not care for Reality Steve, but I love that he one upped ABC yet again, LOL!

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
34 minutes ago, ApprenticeFan said:

Hopefully the proposal during ATFR will be happening, if not, Peter and his potential F1 will stay dating.

Someone replied to Reality Steve and pointed out that if the proposal was supposed to be a surprise to Madison, it won't be any longer. Whoops.

• LOL 9

Do you think Chris Harrison told Peter the day of the final rose ceremony about Madison? Is that the scene we see where Peter is laying on the bed? If so, I am curious when she actually left and if the producers purposely did not tell him until then. Would not surprise me at all. Because Steve said she was already back in the states so he couldn't talk to her there.

• Love 2
(edited)

Why exactly does Peter need to earn back Madi's trust? I mean I'm not a Peter fan but he did nothing untrustworthy. He just didn't abide by her rule, which she then tossed aside and stayed. 

Oh yeah and Hannah Ann should have given him a big fat no to seeing where things go. If he wasn't ready to choose her then that's her answer. Period. Shouldn't matter what Madi does. 

Edited by Bobcatkitten
  • Love 13

I know people criticized Lauren for taking Arie back without giving him a hard time (we don't really know but that was what was shown on the screen), but they started off on the right foot with that, on a positive note. Hearing that Peter had to toil and labour to win back Madison and her family's trust over something minor (at least not even as bad as what happened to Lauren) doesn't bode well for their future.

• Love 4

It makes me sad that Hannah Ann apparently didn't have the self respect to tell him off and instead waited for him to talk to Madi and make up his mind. If he didn't want you when it was only you at the end, that's a very bad sign.

Seems like an unpopular opinion, but I'm glad Madison is making Peter work to earn her because I think he's an indecisive idiot. It will never work out, but I'm glad he's at least had to do some groveling instead of sleeping with everybody and having her not mind.  If he wants her that badly, show her. He certainly didn't do that on the show thus far. 

• Love 19

Now, Steve is saying that his phone has been blowing up saying his post is wrong. His original source is still adamant that it's right, but now he says he doesn't know what to believe.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
(edited)

I know family is important, but Peter didn't sleep with anybody in Madison's family, so they need to keep their noses out of it.  And she's an adult, supposedly.

If she's old enough to be in a committed relationship, it shouldn't hinge on whether mommy & daddy think it's ok.  She should be mature enough to make her own decision.  But yeah, that's a laugh.  

Where does she even live?  With her parents still?  He's based in California, and I doubt flies to Alabama very often.  That long-distance shit almost never works.  Most of the couples have proved that. 

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 9
10 minutes ago, leighdear said:

I know family is important, but Peter didn't sleep with anybody in Madison's family, so they need to keep their noses out of it.  And she's an adult, supposedly.

If she's old enough to be in a committed relationship, it shouldn't hinge on whether mommy & daddy think it's ok.  She should be mature enough to make her own decision.  But yeah, that's a laugh.  

Where does she even live?  With her parents still?  He's based in California, and I doubt flies to Alabama very often.  That long-distance shit almost never works.  Most of the couples have proved that. 

Auburn is only about an hour and 45 minutes from Atlanta. Delta's largest hub is in Atlanta. There are a TON of Auburn alum that move to Atlanta after graduation. I was one of them. It wouldn't be hard for them to be together if they wanted to be.

• Love 1

I'm glad the producers are getting the drama they love, but what a shitshow. I don't even like Hannah Ann, but I really hope she pushed Peter into a lake or something. He (maybe) doesn't even have the guts to cut her loose? That's a big FU to her, and should also be a red flag for Madi. 

28 minutes ago, leighdear said:

At this point, I actually don't really care what happens with these immature, wishy-washy children, except that I hope they don't breed!

Indeed! What a hot mess of a season.

• Love 7
35 minutes ago, CrazyDog said:

I'm glad the producers are getting the drama they love, but what a shitshow. I don't even like Hannah Ann, but I really hope she pushed Peter into a lake or something. He (maybe) doesn't even have the guts to cut her loose? That's a big FU to her, and should also be a red flag for Madi. 

Indeed! What a hot mess of a season.

There is a poster on reddit that is claiming to be a friend of the family. She says Madi was chosen as soon as they all returned to the U.S. in November. So, I guess he cancels the FRC and breaks up with HA as soon as they return to the U.S.?

• Love 1
(edited)

This all sounds about right.  If so, Hannah Ann dodged a huge bullet with this one.  Ever since Pete and Maddie had their *talk*, it was obvious he was completely preoccupied with her at the last rose ceremony - all nervous looking around for her, will she show up/not show up, will she take the rose.  Hannah Ann had to pick up on it.  She seemed over it when Maddie made her little comment about finding out whether love will conquer all.  Hopefully Hannah Ann tells him off in grand style!!

Edited by neece26
  • Love 4
(edited)

Contestants aren't paid, only the lead.  Peter got cash, but Madison & Hannah Ann got nothing but their travel, lodging, food & incidentals paid for.  Probably production paid for the condoms though, in the case of Victoria & Hannah Ann.  The girls can't just hit up a CVS on the way to their overnight. 

Funny though, Courtney Robertson said they didn't provide any condoms on the season she was on with Ben Flajnik.  I think that's changed. 

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 3

I just had the most disturbing thought and I'm going to be awful and share it with all of you!  🤷‍♂️  Please forgive me!

Is it possible that Mama Pete might have planted the idea that the franchise should have a Senior Bachelor/ette?  The fact that Pete's parents have been so involved (and in such a cringey way) with the show is suspicious.  Maybe they might be cast in some way as part of the Senior edition?  Maybe Mama Pete might be tapped to host?  🤦‍♀️  I'm very close to my son who is about Peter's age and I can't imagine embarrassing him the way this woman has.  Even worse, I can't imagine any healthy son allowing it! 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Recyclorette said:

I just had the most disturbing thought and I'm going to be awful and share it with all of you!  🤷‍♂️  Please forgive me!

This is so disturbing and so stomach-turning and you might be on to something. I don't know that Chris Harrison would forgo his role as host and hand it over to Mama Weber (she'd have to fight Ben Higgins for it don't forget). However, maybe, because the Senior Bachelor might not have living parents, Mama Weber has probably already inked the contract to fill in and play the role of the "mother/advisor."  

Our only hope is that Peter has proven to be such a terrible and unpopular bachelor that Fleiss & Co. might decide to cut their losses and tell Mama Weber they are going in the proverbial different direction.

• LOL 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, nutty1 said:

I must say, I’m looking more forward to this finale than I have in quite a few seasons. 

I don't really care about the actual relationships here, but I admit I'm curious how they'll spin, spin, spin it all. 

The leads for some of these last few seasons have been crazy out of control and just NOT cooperating in the usual Bachelor style.  Arie ditched Becca after the fact & snagged Lauren, Colton ran off & didn't choose anybody, but is now with Cassie, Hannah chose a dud with Jed, but won DWTS, now Peter pulls a Colton and screws up the whole final rose ceremony and still no engagement.

Isn't ANYBODY thinking about Neil Lane?  😞 

And NOW we're pinning our collective show hopes on an almost-40 hairdresser who's been through the franchise wringer, and talks to random animals that may or may not be there?

I hope Clare gives us our normal show back!

Edited by leighdear
  • LOL 3
  • Love 11
22 hours ago, waving feather said:

Assuming that is all that went down, he is worse than Arie to me. At least Arie took the risk and chose someone and then changed his mind. Peter wouldn't even take that risk and let Hannah Ann go before chasing down Madison. 

And I just don't get him trying to win over Madison and her family again. It is not like he cheated on her. At least not in the context of the show. How odd. Have some self respect Peter and Hannah Ann!

Really? You think this? Arie got ENGAGED to a woman, then snuck around behind her back to line up things with another woman. I still think what he did was way shadier. At least Peter doesn’t make any promises to Hannah (though I agree with everyone who questions why she sticks around for all this). 

• Love 10
29 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

Really? You think this? Arie got ENGAGED to a woman, then snuck around behind her back to line up things with another woman. I still think what he did was way shadier. At least Peter doesn’t make any promises to Hannah (though I agree with everyone who questions why she sticks around for all this). 

I can only assume that she stuck around because she thought it would get her the Bachelorette gig. She has seemed to stir the pot on social media all season long. I also think in some of those posts she seems a little bitter, particularly after Clare was announced. I can understand her bitterness though. He treated her poorly, she stuck around in hopes of a reward, and ended up with nothing. I have read that the producers didn't like her since she wouldn't cooperate after the whole champagne thing. It is weird to me how much Lauren Zima seems to be on her side and to be angry towards Madi.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, valen said:

I can only assume that she stuck around because she thought it would get her the Bachelorette gig. She has seemed to stir the pot on social media all season long. I also think in some of those posts she seems a little bitter, particularly after Clare was announced. I can understand her bitterness though. He treated her poorly, she stuck around in hopes of a reward, and ended up with nothing. I have read that the producers didn't like her since she wouldn't cooperate after the whole champagne thing. It is weird to me how much Lauren Zima seems to be on her side and to be angry towards Madi.

Yup. I agree. Or, maybe she was even willing to be his backup pick if Madison didn’t work out, just for the IG followers and sponcon stuff. Then she can go on BIP as the jilted Ex 

• Love 4
39 minutes ago, leighdear said:

Isn't ANYBODY thinking about Neil Lane?  😞 

Right? Neil thought he and Victoria Fuller were going to be happy FOREVER but then she sunk her claws into that hairy gigolo Chase Rice. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Did TPTB announce Clare as Bachelorette to head off the audience rallying behind Hannah Ann for the role? When Arie pulled his switcheroo and broke Becca's heart, it made her a fan favorite as the next lead. If TPTB don't think Hannah Ann is right for Bachelorette (too young, too boring, too wary of producer shenanigans, etc.), they make a big show of naming Clare before the season is even over, so no one else's fans gets their hopes up. It's like how they announced Rachel and spoiled their own Bachelor season, because they really wanted her as lead and were snuffing out any fans pushing for Raven or whoever else was in the running.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, Dejana said:

Did TPTB announce Clare as Bachelorette to head off the audience rallying behind Hannah Ann for the role? When Arie pulled his switcheroo and broke Becca's heart, it made her a fan favorite as the next lead. If TPTB don't think Hannah Ann is right for Bachelorette (too young, too boring, too wary of producer shenanigans, etc.), they make a big show of naming Clare before the season is even over, so no one else's fans gets their hopes up. It's like how they announced Rachel and spoiled their own Bachelor season, because they really wanted her as lead and were snuffing out any fans pushing for Raven or whoever else was in the running.

I've heard almost the exact theory about Kelley -- announce Clare and short-circuit conspiracy theories about why Kelley wasn't invited to WTA.

Either theory sort of depends on believing TPTB care what we think.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, phlebas said:

I've heard almost the exact theory about Kelley -- announce Clare and short-circuit conspiracy theories about why Kelley wasn't invited to WTA.

Either theory sort of depends on believing TPTB care what we think.

I could actually see their reasoning though, you know how crazed some of the fans are.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Dejana said:

I doubt it. They’ve spoiled past seasons by announcing the next lead while the previous season is still undecided. My guess is that it has more to do with scheduling, the Bachelorette starts filming soon and they needed to recast a lot of older men for Clare. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, valen said:

Maybe as a former cast member of “disaster date” Lauren Z feels that Madi isn’t showing enough respect to manipulative 📺.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, NoWhammies said:

I hope that Peter's fame whore family never graces my screen again. That's about all I've got.

And let’s hope they don’t bring back Hannah B to offer up all her “sage wisdom” 

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
On 3/5/2020 at 12:49 PM, SallyAlbright said:

It makes me sad that Hannah Ann apparently didn't have the self respect to tell him off and instead waited for him to talk to Madi and make up his mind. If he didn't want you when it was only you at the end, that's a very bad sign.

Seems like an unpopular opinion, but I'm glad Madison is making Peter work to earn her because I think he's an indecisive idiot. It will never work out, but I'm glad he's at least had to do some groveling instead of sleeping with everybody and having her not mind.  If he wants her that badly, show her. He certainly didn't do that on the show thus far. 

she never had self respect. she told peter it was his choice to do whatever he wanted to do in the fantasy suites and she didnt want to pressure him. pathetic. remember those 2 girls on charlie oconells season agreed to date him cause he "couldnt decide". blech

• Love 4
(edited)

I wonder if Madi's main appeal as of now is the drama she's bringing to their relationship. Peter told Victoria he wanted "crazy"--or some words to that effect--that he didn't want a calm relationship but one that was never dull.  Well, if he wanted excitement, he's got that now in spades with Madi--First she's all, "No, Peter.  If you had sex with any of the other girls, our relationship can't continue."  But then she shows up, late, to the rose ceremony, hesitates when he calls her name, reluctantly takes the rose.  Peter asks, "Are you sure?"  Will she? Won't she?  I think Peter is loving all the drama.  I think maybe Peter is in love with love.

Edited by rebel2u
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, rebel2u said:

I wonder if Madi's main appeal as of now is the drama she's bringing to their relationship. Peter told Victoria he wanted "crazy"--or some words to that effect--that he didn't want a calm relationship but one that was never dull.  Well, if he wanted excitement, he's got that now in spades with Madi--First she's all, "No, Peter.  If you had sex with any of the other girls, our relationship can't continue."  But then she shows up, late, to the rose ceremony, hesitates when he calls her name, reluctantly takes the rose.  Peter asks, "Are you sure?"  Will she? Won't she?  I think Peter is loving all the drama.  I think maybe Peter is in love with love.

I definitely think the chase made Madison more appealing to Peter, as you said, based on his behavior this entire season. If she just happily accepted the rose this week and shows up next week, I think he’d just as likely be engaged to Hannah Ann right now.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, hyacinth said:

I'm trying to balance the time spent guessing this year's "winner" with figuring out exactly how much toilet paper I should be stockpiling.    

We might waste a lot of our stockpile cleaning up the mess that is sure to be the Bachelor finale.  💩💩💩

• LOL 8

I'd love be a season where all three (or four, since it's not consistent) Fantasy Suite chicks tell the guy what Madison did.  "Bachelor Dude, if you think I'm gonna take your sloppy seconds just-used skanky privates, you are out of your ever-loving egotistical tiny mind!"

• Love 8
8 hours ago, EllenB said:

I'd love be a season where all three (or four, since it's not consistent) Fantasy Suite chicks tell the guy what Madison did.  "Bachelor Dude, if you think I'm gonna take your sloppy seconds just-used skanky privates, you are out of your ever-loving egotistical tiny mind!"

If that's going to be acceptable, the other way round should be acceptable too, where the final four guys tell the Bachelorette that too. There should not be a double standard. 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, EllenB said:

In a perfect world the lead would have a sit down with the Fantasy Suite contenders and tell them that sex isn't going to happen, not because he doesn't find them desirable but because he realizes that it could put a strain on the relationship he is trying to build with his fiance and he would rather wait until he makes his decision to sleep with any of them. For me it's just a respect thing. 

At this point, each of them has to think they could be the one. They've come this far, and having sex with them just feels almost manipulative. Like, if you want the ring you're gonna have to put out even though I know I'm probably not picking you anyway. 

• Love 10
9 hours ago, EllenB said:

The problem is that ABC will never allow that. It’s always been the fatal flaw of the show. It wants to promote this (non-existent) romantic, wholesome, family-values show about finding true love, while also being this sensationalistic, “drama”-filled, voyeuristic, “every man’s fantasy” about dating 30 women. The Bachelor HAS to lead all of these women on because ABC’s ratings go down if all but one woman knows she’s not winning. It’s creepy AF and why I think Chris Harrison and the show are some of the sleaziest people in show business, in that they can so easily lie about what this show is and does to people. 

• Love 3
On 3/5/2020 at 12:36 PM, JenE4 said:

Hannah Ann, hold on tight in case Madison says no....

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck that!

A perfect ending would be, Madison says no, peter comes back to second-choice hannah Ann, and she tells him no. Two final rose proposals, two rejections. 

3 hours ago, Stan39 said:

The problem is that ABC will never allow that. It’s always been the fatal flaw of the show. It wants to promote this (non-existent) romantic, wholesome, family-values show about finding true love, while also being this sensationalistic, “drama”-filled, voyeuristic, “every man’s fantasy” about dating 30 women. The Bachelor HAS to lead all of these women on because ABC’s ratings go down if all but one woman knows she’s not winning. It’s creepy AF and why I think Chris Harrison and the show are some of the sleaziest people in show business, in that they can so easily lie about what this show is and does to people. 

Yes, we get the "I'm in love with (2, 3, 4) women, I dont know what to do."  Followed by telling the final choice, "it was always going to be you, I knew it from the start."

• Love 6
40 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

A perfect ending would be, Madison says no, peter comes back to second-choice hannah Ann, and she tells him no. Two final rose proposals, two rejections. 

That might be the only thing to redeem this suck-ass season. 

• Love 4