Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelor Season 24: Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, valen said:

Evan Bass had a really interesting tweet. He thinks Peter and Victoria have ALREADY had sex, and that is why Peter keeps her around. That would also make more sense with the clip of Peter saying he was intimate with someone "six days prior to this." Could that be after their talk but before the Fantasy Suite dates? She tells him she's a virgin, and if that he sleeps with someone else it will hurt her, but it's already too late, because he's already slept with Victoria? Now that would be dramatic.

Hmm. She did go to his hotel room to “make up” after the home town debacle...

• Love 3

I didn’t watch all of Hannah’s season. Just read the spoilers. 

If the windmill with Peter was fantasy suite why was Luke there? Wasn’t he eliminated during the previous episode/hometowns?

I’ve heard that Andi Dorfman is being considered. I’d also like to see Kendall — newly single and made it to final 3. Taysha would work too and they’d have their second black Bachelorette though I personally wasn’t a huge fan of hers. Would love Katie Morton actually.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, SoWindsor said:

If the windmill with Peter was fantasy suite why was Luke there? Wasn’t he eliminated during the previous episode/hometowns?

No, Hannah couldn't choose and so she didn't eliminate anyone after Hometowns. And so yes there were four overnight dates planned. 

6 hours ago, SoWindsor said:

I didn’t watch all of Hannah’s season. Just read the spoilers. 

I’ve heard that Andi Dorfman is being considered. I’d also like to see Kendall — newly single and made it to final 3. Taysha would work too and they’d have their second black Bachelorette though I personally wasn’t a huge fan of hers. Would love Katie Morton actually.

I don't think Natasha got fair time this season!  What I saw of her I liked.  She could manage the lead quite well!I

I do think Kelly, the attorney from Chicago, might get a shot at Bachelorette!

Edited by Jeanne222
  • Love 4
22 hours ago, valen said:

The main difference between Madi and Luke is that she tells him BEFORE he goes to the fantasy suites, not after. He is informed of her wishes and he gets to decide if he wants to honor them or not. 

She did? Granted I don't watch the episodes with full attention but isn't she going to tell him during the dinner date for fantasy suite? Or did she expressed during home towns that she can't be with him if he has slept with someone?

Madison definitely seems less unstable than Luke. But the words she said during the preview is not different from Luke at all. Peter's reaction would be better than Hannah B's though. He won't flip the lid on Madison like Hannah did to Luke. Or perhaps he can tell Maddy "Jesus still loves me, my wife would not say this to me" or something to that effect to quote Hannah B.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
54 minutes ago, waving feather said:

She did? Granted I don't watch the episodes with full attention but isn't she going to tell him during the dinner date for fantasy suite? Or did she expressed during home towns that she can't be with him if he has slept with someone?

Madison definitely seems less unstable than Luke. But the words she said during the preview is not different from Luke at all. Peter's reaction would be better than Hannah B's though. He won't flip the lid on Madison like Hannah did to Luke. Or perhaps he can tell Maddy "Jesus still loves me, my wife would not say this to me" or something to that effect to quote Hannah B.

She does, according to Reality Steve. He knows going into the FS that this is her line. According to RS, he chooses to violate it.

In the scene where they are sitting down and she's telling him, I'm pretty sure she has on the same jumpsuit from the most recent rose ceremony.

The other girls also know about it when they are living together during the FS time (which is gross and awkward) so I believe it does happen before the FS start. 

I wish I knew if Peter is wearing the same clothes from the time she tells him (possibly at the rose ceremony) and when he says he was intimate with someone six days prior. If so, that backs up Evan Bass's theory that Peter has already slept with Victoria, maybe when she came to his hotel room to apologize.

• Love 2

Here's the issue for me:

I'm fine with Madison letting him know what her status is.  Where I draw the line is

Spoiler

her telling him he can't do anything with the other two.  It's none of her business and if she does have an issue with this, she's on the wrong show and needs to excuse herself.

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, b2H said:

Here's the issue for me:

I'm fine with Madison letting him know what her status is.  Where I draw the line is

Hide contents

her telling him he can't do anything with the other two.  It's none of her business and if she does have an issue with this, she's on the wrong show and needs to excuse herself.

I don’t agree. It seems she is very honestly telling him that if he sleeps/slept with the other women, she can’t stay. Personally, I think that’s reasonable. 
Even horn dog Nick said he didn’t have sex with anyone other than Vanessa because he really wanted it to work out on real life. 

• Love 14

Interesting paragraph from Steve's blog today....I totally agree with him that it's pretty sick the producers did that....

Couple things came out yesterday that added some clarity to the overnight date episode when ABC put out the press release for next week. It was officially confirmed that all 3 women stayed in the same suite in Australia. This question was asked a lot this week so I’m just gonna cover it here. That’s never happened in the history of the show before, this is clearly producer driven because they basically knew exactly what was gonna happen. I’m sure Robert Mills or maybe even Chris Harrison will do a podcast at some point and explain their “reasoning” why all the sudden they changed up the format this season for the first time in 39 seasons to make the final 3 all stay together in the same suite during overnight dates, and I don’t know what their answer will be, I just know it’ll be bullshit. They’ve each gotten their own room EVERY season. Just admit you did it because Madison is a virgin, you knew it was highly likely Peter would have sex with the other ones, and you wanted Madison to find out. There’s no other explanation for why they did this. None. But I’m sure they’ll give some bogus one. Hell, once you get to final four, the only other time you even SEE the other contestants is at the rose ceremonies and you’re basically not even allowed to speak to them. Now all the sudden they’re staying together, one will leave to go on her overnight, return the next morning aaaaannnnndddd…do what? Please. It’s actually pretty sick what they’re doing, but not the least bit surprising they would.

• Love 20
4 hours ago, nutty1 said:

I don’t agree. It seems she is very honestly telling him that if he sleeps/slept with the other women, she can’t stay. Personally, I think that’s reasonable. 
Even horn dog Nick said he didn’t have sex with anyone other than Vanessa because he really wanted it to work out on real life. 

Yep. Virgin or not, I don't know anyone who would be okay with getting engaged to someone who had slept with someone else just days prior. It seems entirely reasonable to me, especially as she's basically just expressing her wishes. It's entirely his choice to do what he wants. 

• Love 10
19 minutes ago, SallyAlbright said:

Yep. Virgin or not, I don't know anyone who would be okay with getting engaged to someone who had slept with someone else just days prior. It seems entirely reasonable to me, especially as she's basically just expressing her wishes. It's entirely his choice to do what he wants. 

Agreed. I personally believe in test drive before you buy, but I wouldn’t get engaged to someone who just slept with other people. You don’t need to be religious or a sex shaming prude to draw the line somewhere. It’s basic decency and respect. 

• Love 19

Madison knew Pete the pilot was a horny one!  Everybody knows about Pete and Hanna and the windmill.

So if she's so strong in her faith why do a program like this?

When Sean Lowe was the Bachelor he made his religion and now he believed quite clear to the ladies.  He chose Catherine with similar views and both are quite proud they waited for marriage.

I just don't understand Madison signing up for such a show with such a guy?????

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Madison knew Pete the pilot was a horny one!  Everybody knows about Pete and Hanna and the windmill.

So if she's so strong in her faith why do a program like this?

When Sean Lowe was the Bachelor he made his religion and now he believed quite clear to the ladies.  He chose Catherine with similar views and both are quite proud they waited for marriage.

I just don't understand Madison signing up for such a show with such a guy?????

I don't know her, so can't speak for her reasoning. However, I do think some of these girls "audition" and get cast before the Bachelor is announced. They can still drop out I'm sure, but I think they go through most of the process before the guy is picked.

That said, maybe she doesn't care if her husband is a virgin. I had a very religious friend who waited for marriage and she married a guy who was definitely not a virgin. He respected her decision, but she didn't judge him for his previous relationships either. 

I think there's a difference between Madison wanting Peter to be a virgin and wanting him not to sleep with someone else right before proposing to her. I'm very curious to see how it plays out next week and how she articulates her wishes. 

• Love 10

Wow, they make the final three room together knowing every date is probably a sex date? That’s gross man, and like being in a harem. It’s 2020, just scrap the overnight dates. 
Sounds like they are grooming Madison for the Bachelorette. I won’t be mad, the girl has led a charmed life and seems pretty decent. I liked her family including Freddie Couples looking father. They actually had a toast not a “Cheers”, though it was sweet tea. I liked the special plate tradition. I want to be adopted by them. 

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, SallyAlbright said:

I don't know her, so can't speak for her reasoning. However, I do think some of these girls "audition" and get cast before the Bachelor is announced. They can still drop out I'm sure, but I think they go through most of the process before the guy is picked.

That said, maybe she doesn't care if her husband is a virgin. I had a very religious friend who waited for marriage and she married a guy who was definitely not a virgin. He respected her decision, but she didn't judge him for his previous relationships either. 

I think there's a difference between Madison wanting Peter to be a virgin and wanting him not to sleep with someone else right before proposing to her. I'm very curious to see how it plays out next week and how she articulates her wishes. 

I agree with everything you said.  I just think Pete the pilot went beyond having had experience!

Four times in a windmill with a girl he met on a reality show seemed more than experience gathering!  Lol

• Love 3

Hannah B looks to be out of the Bachelorette running since she'll be on the DWTS tour, so Madison does seem possible. 

I'm just still too creeped out by her dad being all up in the status of her lady business.  Just NOT done, dude.  

Cue to next week when some "nice" ex boyfriend of Madison's hit social media with the reveal that her fave position in the sack is a reverse cowgirl.  *LOL*

Edited by leighdear
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, leighdear said:

Hannah B looks to be out of the Bachelorette running since she'll be on the DWTS tour, so Madison does seem possible. 

I'm just still too creeped out by her dad being all up in the status of her lady business.  Just NOT done, dude.  

Cue to next week when some "nice" ex boyfriend of Madison's hit social media with the reveal that her fave position in the sack is a reverse cowgirl.  *LOL*

Has Madison used the v-word or is she just "saving herself for marriage" [now]? Sean was celibate when he was a contestant and lead, but not a virgin, and there was Luke with his revelation in the shower that God wanted him to stop sleeping around. If it turns out that she's done stuff or slept with someone before, she can always spin it that she regrets her "past" and has since chosen to walk a different path.

I agree it's entirely possible that Madison applied to the franchise a while ago, before knowing it would be Peter, but ended up being attracted to him. They get on well when they're together and facially, he reminds me a bit of her father (IMO it's not out of the ordinary to be unconsciously drawn to romantic partners who resemble a parent). Colton was the last Bachelor before this year, and he had a contestant who'd never even kissed anyone. Madison wouldn't have seemed wildly out of place back then (though Colton maintained that he hadn't stayed a virgin for religious reasons). 

Mama Weber's tearful dramatics have to be about Madison, right? If Madi bails at some point despite being The One for Peter, I'm wondering if the parents ask happened, and Peter has to explain to them what went wrong. His mom cheered the windmill antics, so he might actually tell them. Would make for interesting TV if nothing else...

• Love 1
5 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Agreed. I personally believe in test drive before you buy, but I wouldn’t get engaged to someone who just slept with other people. You don’t need to be religious or a sex shaming prude to draw the line somewhere. It’s basic decency and respect. 

This  show takes the "test drive before you buy"  thing a bit too far.   they do everything they can to tell the story that there is sex happening on every fantasy suite date.  Showing them in bed the next morning, shots of clothing strewn about on the floor, etc.   So it seems as though the bachelor "test drives"  3 cars and then picks the one that performed the best.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, valen said:

Steve thinks Madison may be getting the Bachelorette edit now. He didn't think so at first, but he says he's starting to see it.

I thought the same with the Auburn basketball date.  

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

This  show takes the "test drive before you buy"  thing a bit too far.   they do everything they can to tell the story that there is sex happening on every fantasy suite date.  Showing them in bed the next morning, shots of clothing strewn about on the floor, etc.   So it seems as though the bachelor "test drives"  3 cars and then picks the one that performed the best.  

Oh I absolutely agree. They literally treat the remaining few like cars. What I meant is I personally wouldn't get married to someone without knowing we're going to be happy with each other in the bedroom. (However I don't judge girls like Madison, who's lovely and my favorite.) I was just trying to make the point I'm not someone who thinks sex doesn't matter or we all need to save ourselves before marriage. I have friends who are a lot freer than I am regarding hookups and such, and I don't judge. I still find sleeping with different people back to back and being so in your face about it to the world quite gross. If you truly love someone, it's going to hurt your heart that he/she is sleeping with different people. That doesn't make you unreasonable, prude, or a jealous person. It means you care for that person and want that person to care the same for you. When Hannah Brown was all "You don't own me. You have sins too." I wasn't even a Luke fan and know he messed up with things he said and did, but the bottom line is people do not want to get engaged to someone who JUST slept with another person. Only on this show are people like us considered the crazy ones. 

• Love 7
9 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Yes, it has always seemed a bit disgusting, but it seems like as the show goes on it feels even more so.  It makes me really respect Madison, because it seems refreshing not to be sharing someone so intimately with everyone else.  Even if they end up together later, at least he has some time to clean off a bit before they are intimate.  lol

I also never understand why the couples can't just see it as a time to hang out without the cameras/no pressure.  I get love and intimacy, and all of that, but it is very strange to have sex with three women that know each other night after night after night.  Ick.  

• Love 11
15 hours ago, valen said:

Steve thinks Madison may be getting the Bachelorette edit now. He didn't think so at first, but he says he's starting to see it.

If they’re taking someone who had a very good edit and then torturing her in the end, my guess is yes. I can’t see this girl having any interest in this unremarkable looking and acting goober. Madison is that girl you envy, but don’t hate on. She’s actually perfect, especially after that anxiety ridden mess Hanna B. People want to see someone with confidence, not someone they can get by looking in the mirror.

That disco pantsuit she was wearing was sublime. Wouldn’t have worked on anyone else. 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

So if Madison becomes Bachelorette and Hanna dances with the stars does that mean pilot Pete picks Victoria???

I'd give them one month!!!

I think he chose Madison, and so does Reality Steve, but the rumor is that as she watches the season, she, like many past "winners" is upset with his behavior with the other women. They are supposedly very rocky right now. I wouldn't be surprised if she calls it off. According to Steve, Peter cuts Victoria after the fantasy suites.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, valen said:

I think he chose Madison, and so does Reality Steve, but the rumor is that as she watches the season, she, like many past "winners" is upset with his behavior with the other women. They are supposedly very rocky right now. I wouldn't be surprised if she calls it off. According to Steve, Peter cuts Victoria after the fantasy suites.

So he gets what he wanted from Victoria and then lets her go?  I mean come on, he knows she isn't stable.  He is clearly using her.  Not that I have some kind feelings for Victoria, but this is one of those cases where he is taking things too far with her.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, valen said:

Hummm  I don't remember another season where the Bachelor picks a girl, she walks away and becomes the next bachelorette!

This turns out being like Hannah's season!

Not looking so good for the franchise.

Edited by Jeanne222
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

Hummm  I don't remember another season where the Bachelor picks a girl, she walks away and becomes the next bachelorette!

This turns out being like Hannah's season!

Not looking so good for the franchise.

Isn’t this basically how Emily became the Bachelorette? There might have been more space between Brad's season ending and hers starting, and they were still together for After the Final Rose, but barely. Jen Schefft was also Andrew Firestone's F1 and ended up Bachelorette. So, it's happened before, but not recently. 

I wonder if Luke P is kicking himself (j/k, Madison seems like a nice person who gets along well with others, she deserves better than him).

Edited by Dejana
  • Love 5

Apparently, Hannah Ann posted on IG last night that she is moving to LA next week. Reality Steve discussed it in his most recent podcast. While some think this is proof that she wins, he thinks it's the exact opposite. She would never post that if she were the winner. She has had several posts this season that have made it seem like she is trying very hard to imply that she is the winner. She posted a picture of her playing golf the same day Peter did. She posted a picture of her on an island the same that Peter did, with the same caption, even though it was easily seen that they were in different places. Now this. Peter lives in L.A. She's either the worst secret keeper in the world, or she is trying to imply that she won.

Also, if Peter picks Madison, she dumps him, and she's announced as the next Bachelorette on the ATFR, I cannot imaginw how painful and awkward that will be for Peter. It might actually be the most dramatic ATFR ever.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, alexa said:

So he gets what he wanted from Victoria and then lets her go?  I mean come on, he knows she isn't stable.  He is clearly using her.  Not that I have some kind feelings for Victoria, but this is one of those cases where he is taking things too far with her.

Essentially. As I've said, I haven't watched the season so I'm going off bits and pieces I've seen and read. But Tyler was on the Strahan, Sara and Keke show last week, along with Wells, to discuss the latest episode and I was surprised at his casual comment that Victoria was still there because Peter wanted to go into the Fantasy Suite with her. 

Why it struck me was one, he didn't say it in this snarky, shady, "wink, wink" way but rather in a shrug, that's just what's happening here. And I know Tyler has spent time with Peter since Peter got back from filming. So that comment definitely stood out to me. 

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, valen said:

Also, if Peter picks Madison, she dumps him, and she's announced as the next Bachelorette on the ATFR, I cannot imaginw how painful and awkward that will be for Peter. It might actually be the most dramatic ATFR ever.

It might be the first ATFR in the history of the show that will actually be worth watching.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

I am now really hoping that he picks Madison (to spare Hannah Ann who seems nice enough but he is clearly not as into) but that Madison dumps him and becomes the Bachelorette. I'd love a season of her, and I think she's too good for Peter. 

I can't really see any of the others as the Bachelorette. Kelsey got the clingy emotional edit, Hannah Ann is cute but didn't get to show much or any personality, and Victoria is Victoria. The next two, Natasha and Kelley, didn't get much screen time and don't seem that popular, respectively. 

• Love 3
13 hours ago, valen said:

Apparently, Hannah Ann posted on IG last night that she is moving to LA next week. Reality Steve discussed it in his most recent podcast. While some think this is proof that she wins, he thinks it's the exact opposite. She would never post that if she were the winner. She has had several posts this season that have made it seem like she is trying very hard to imply that she is the winner. She posted a picture of her playing golf the same day Peter did. She posted a picture of her on an island the same that Peter did, with the same caption, even though it was easily seen that they were in different places. Now this. Peter lives in L.A. She's either the worst secret keeper in the world, or she is trying to imply that she won.

Or she's a stalker.  Funny if it turned out she's crazier than Victoria.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

The WTA taping is today, and Reality Steve just tweeted that Victoria F is there. He wasn't sure if she would be there or not, because he didn't know exactly what episode would show her leaving for good. Guess it is Monday's....YEA!

Edited by nutty1
  • Love 1

Madi as Bachelorette would be... something. I know we've done the virgin thing already, but Colton wasn't invested in remaining a virgin.  Madison is deliberately waiting for marriage. She's also said how important faith is to her -- they're going to have an interesting time picking guys.

Luke P might have been the right choice one season early.

• Love 2
On 2/19/2020 at 6:40 PM, SallyAlbright said:

yet its ok for him to deeply make out and do everything but with other girls?? That to me is way more personal than sex, anyone can have sex. its the intimacy involved in fooling around leading up to it. I feel like Im back in high school having this discussion. I know shes a "pure" girl, but this is a show with fantasy suites she signed up for. I for one, would be more upset with the ol' "heavy petting" and kissing than anything else. 

4 minutes ago, nlkm9 said:

I know this is a pipe dream, but I wish Sarah Herron (the girl with one arm) could be the bachlorette--it would be such an interesting season and I really liked her. I hear she has a serious boyfriend though, and while Im happy for her, she would be a great pick. I dont care for Kendall, Hannah I would watch again, and Tayisha I find to be incredibly irritating. Natasha actually would be great, she is spunky and smart. Oh god PLEASE no DEMI.

PS: would love Madi as bachlorette, love the athletic angle 🙂

Edited by nlkm9
error
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

yet its ok for him to deeply make out and do everything but with other girls?? That to me is way more personal than sex, anyone can have sex. its the intimacy involved in fooling around leading up to it.

That's where I get stuck on the "no sex in the fantasy suite" concept. These "don't stick your penis in another girl before proposing to me" types are fine with him shoving his tongue down the throats of a dozen or so other women, leading said women on, telling other women he's "falling for them" but draw the line at penetration. 

I would just just as pissed, if I "won" this shitting contest, to see him professing feelings to other women days before proposing to me, telling other women he could see a life with them, asking other fathers for their hand, etc. There is a LOT more to intimacy than just sex. 

Of course, I also would not sign up for this horror show unless Chris Hemsworth were somehow, inexplicable the Bachelor. then I might throw my dignity out the window, but for a boyish airline pilot...nope. I don't care how much stamina he apparently has. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
22 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

I would just just as pissed, if I "won" this shitting contest, to see him professing feelings to other women days before proposing to me, telling other women he could see a life with them, asking other fathers for their hand, etc. There is a LOT more to intimacy than just sex. 

Yup, I've said this many times as well, about this show. That everyone harps on sex and the fantasy suites, but the fact is, by the time they get to Fantasy Suites, the lead has already been plenty intimate with multiple people.

Which is what makes this show, as I've said many times, a really icky way to meet your future husband or wife. So yeah, I can't feel too bad for Madison, any more than I did Luke P., because they both they chose to willingly sign up for a show that has someone "dating" and making out with multiple people. 

• Love 6

I don't know if anybody else saw it but on inside edition they talked about Hannah B going on some dating ap looking for a rich guy!

It's the one movie stars and millionaires use.  She's not been accepted yet!  She's on their waiting list!

10 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

That's where I get stuck on the "no sex in the fantasy suite" concept. These "don't stick your penis in another girl before proposing to me" types are fine with him shoving his tongue down the throats of a dozen or so other women, leading said women on, telling other women he's "falling for them" but draw the line at penetration. 

Of course, I also would not sign up for this horror show unless Chris Hemsworth were somehow, inexplicable the Bachelor. then I might throw my dignity out the window, but for a boyish airline pilot...nope. I don't care how much stamina he apparently has. 

Exactly. I mean he told Kelsey “ his heart had fallen” and at that moment he knew she was going home-that’s the first and only time i felt sorry for her. In college i knew many “ technical virgins” and they had pretty great sex lives 😂. I still remember all those years ago trista saying “ i can’t choose between Charlie and Ryan and wish i could combine them” and being shocked that Ryan was ok with it. It’s just so icky , to have feelings for someone and know and be friends with other women who are with him too. It’s. Crazy!!

• Love 2

I just read a tweet from Kelly saying that she wasn't invited to the WTA.  I was under the impression that all the memorable contestants were invited; and Kelly was memorable.  Wonder what gives.  Was she too outspoken?  Is there more to her and Peter that viewers aren't privy to?  Is she the mystery woman his mom is begging him to bring home?  Does this mean she is out of the running to be "The Bachelorette"?  I need answers. 

• Love 2