Type keyword(s) to search

Former Hosts: PROFESSIONAL Life After The View

Jaded
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

Makes me wonder if her "dummy" persona is just that, a persona.

I was surprised too.  I think there IS a dummy in there, but how long could she work as a legal secretary (which she did) and be as dumb as she puts on?  Also, that oversexed desperation has GOT TO GO!  She has a good career going and it's time for someone to make sure she changes so gradually it's barely noticed.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

I was surprised too.  I think there IS a dummy in there, but how long could she work as a legal secretary (which she did) and be as dumb as she puts on?  Also, that oversexed desperation has GOT TO GO!  She has a good career going and it's time for someone to make sure she changes so gradually it's barely noticed.

I think that's happening, but subliminally.  LOL.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I've been a devotee of Nicolle's show ... until recently.  Today, for example, she had SIX great guests as a show-opener & they barely got to speak.  She blathers on about HER time in the White House, background on the subject  ad infinitum ...  I deleted the show fifteen minutes in.  Anyone else feeling this way????

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

I've been a devotee of Nicolle's show ... until recently.  Today, for example, she had SIX great guests as a show-opener & they barely got to speak.  She blathers on about HER time in the White House, background on the subject  ad infinitum ...  I deleted the show fifteen minutes in.  Anyone else feeling this way????

I agree that she blathers on.  Even when she says she is not going to.  Haven't watched in a couple of weeks though.  I also find that starting to watch the show when she goes to panel is better than the first 10 or so minutes.  But even then, she can go on and on.

I still cannot get over that Mike Schmidt is the new man in her life and that he wears that weird fleece or golf jacket, on every single show, with a shirt and tie.  It's her show, he's her man, she should tell him to either ditch the tie or get a proper jacket that goes with a shirt and tie! 😜

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
46 minutes ago, bannana said:

I still cannot get over that Mike Schmidt is the new man in her life and that he wears that weird fleece or golf jacket, on every single show, with a shirt and tie

He seems really smart.  He's cute enough and I like what he wears because it's unique.  The other guys wear the same-ol'-same-ol' and no one ever comments.

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

I still like her show best of all the news shows of this type. I love that yummy Jake Tapper but don’t want to watch two hours of basically the same stuff so record Nicolle. If I am in the car I listen to it instead. 

She is better than most, and of course she is doing so well after leaving the shit show The View.

• Love 7

I used to really love her show until recently (familiarity breeds not exactly contempt, but predictability). A major annoyance is her constant ass-kissing and praising all journalist guests for their awesome reporting ad nauseum like a teacher trying to curry favor from the popular students. Plus after a year or so I did notice how shrill her voice is (but i think that's an MSNBC prerequisite). I guess I still like her though, cuz I watch every day (of course, i also watch the VIEW daily too!)

• Love 6
On 9/21/2019 at 2:51 AM, bannana said:

I still cannot get over that Mike Schmidt is the new man in her life and that he wears that weird fleece or golf jacket, on every single show, with a shirt and tie.  It's her show, he's her man, she should tell him to either ditch the tie or get a proper jacket that goes with a shirt and tie! 😜

Wait. What? Did she and Mark get divorced? 

Is Mike Schmidt the new man in her life, or was this just a funny way of saying he's her new go-to guest (maybe now that we seldom see Steve Schmidt)?

Edited by General Days
Got my Marks and Mikes mixed up. Maybe that's what happened to Nicolle?
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Thanks lookeyloo. They called South by Southwest a "conference" lol.

Here's another story on Page Six, for anyone who wants the gossip, but hesitates to go to the Washington Examiner.

https://pagesix.com/2019/03/27/nicolle-wallace-and-msnbc-contributor-michael-schmidt-are-dating/

• Love 1

This is kind of Nicolle adjacent, but I mentioned them here earlier this year.

Today Jonathan Swan and Betsy Woodruff were both on her show again, and Nicolle introduced Betsy Woodruff as Betsy Woodruff Swan, so obviously they did get married.  I looked, and can't find any information about when they were married.  Her new name was also on the chyron.  I wonder if today was the first time, or if I didn't notice it before (I never miss Nicolle's show; if I can't watch it live, I record it.)    

• Love 2
7 hours ago, lusinia said:

This is kind of Nicolle adjacent, but I mentioned them here earlier this year.

Today Jonathan Swan and Betsy Woodruff were both on her show again, and Nicolle introduced Betsy Woodruff as Betsy Woodruff Swan, so obviously they did get married.  I looked, and can't find any information about when they were married.  Her new name was also on the chyron.  I wonder if today was the first time, or if I didn't notice it before (I never miss Nicolle's show; if I can't watch it live, I record it.)    

http://liverampup.com/entertainment/betsy-woodruff-bio-age-married-husband-parents-father-mother.html

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

His wikipedia page says they got married September 14.

Thanks!  I swear I looked there, but I didn't scroll down; I only looked at the box on the right.

6 hours ago, springtime said:

As 2020 arrives and ABC focuses on Barbara Walters saying “Welcome to 2020”  over the years - one would think they would share s bit about her. 

A Walters retrospective would have been timely, inexpensive, and attention-getting in a good way.

• Love 6

I was going to post this in the weekly thread, but decided to put it here. It was in response to the fact that Sara is guest co-hosting next week on the show.:

I so wish Sara would come back if Abby's not going to and Ana isn't allowed to be full-time. The funny thing is this past month, I've found myself occasionally walking away from the TV and not coming back to finish the second half of The View. So the TV keeps going and I end up seeing bits and pieces of that GMA Day show Sara went over to that comes on a little while after. I kind of feel sorry for Sara now. I think she was offered the position to help ABC get a third hour of GMA off the ground because she's a good employee in the same way that I think she was brought onto The View to help fix it back when it was really spinning off the rails after the entire panel of Nicolle and the two Rosie imploded. I think she ultimately said yes to get away from McCain, and yet now she has to work with Keke who's almost as bad.

I've always said McCain is sort of like a worse version of Raven Symone as far as someone who is both *really* dumb and yet very smug and self-entitled about it, except McCain adds screaming, defenses of evil things, and extreme rudeness to the list. Well, although I like her as an actress, Keke as a personality is also that way as far as being dumb and yet thinking she is the smartest person in the room and what she thinks is more important than anything anyone else could add. She sucks up all the oxygen. I remember she guested on The View a couple of times like she was trying to get added onto this show and I'm grateful that didn't happen. But if Sara left to get away from McCain only to be saddled with a slightly less-bad version of her, I can't help feeling bad for her. I don't think she and Michael are that chummy either, although they are at least professional with one another. I'd rather she just come back to The View. At least she would have Whoopi, Sara, Sunny, and Ana to get along with every day.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
52 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I was going to post this in the weekly thread, but decided to put it here. It was in response to the fact that Sara is guest co-hosting next week on the show.:

I so wish Sara would come back if Abby's not going to and Ana isn't allowed to be full-time. The funny thing is this past month, I've found myself occasionally walking away from the TV and not coming back to finish the second half of The View. So the TV keeps going and I end up seeing bits and pieces of that GMA Day show Sara went over to that comes on a little while after. I kind of feel sorry for Sara now. I think she was offered the position to help ABC get a third hour of GMA off the ground because she's a good employee in the same way that I think she was brought onto The View to help fix it back when it was really spinning off the rails after the entire panel of Nicolle and the two Rosie imploded. I think she ultimately said yes to get away from McCain, and yet now she has to work with Keke who's almost as bad.

I've always said McCain is sort of like a worse version of Raven Symone as far as someone who is both *really* dumb and yet very smug and self-entitled about it, except McCain adds screaming, defenses of evil things, and extreme rudeness to the list. Well, although I like her as an actress, Keke as a personality is also that way as far as being dumb and yet thinking she is the smartest person in the room and what she thinks is more important than anything anyone else could add. She sucks up all the oxygen. I remember she guested on The View a couple of times like she was trying to get added onto this show and I'm grateful that didn't happen. But if Sara left to get away from McCain only to be saddled with a slightly less-bad version of her, I can't help feeling bad for her. I don't think she and Michael are that chummy either, although they are at least professional with one another. I'd rather she just come back to The View. At least she would have Whoopi, Sara, Sunny, and Ana to get along with every day.

Sara had been on the View for a couple years before I returned as a viewer. I had read these boards while I was not watching and some posters here had a negative opinion of Sara so I wasn't quite sure what to expect when I started watching again.  I didn't have a problem with her. On some issues I thought she played it too close to the middle but she seemed genuine and a nice person.  I absolutely believe Meghan drove her away.  Meghan was always running off at the mouth about knowing "the middle of the country" and Sara who actually did grow up in the middle of the country and had parents who are still there had to listen to Meghan be dismissive of her.  Abby was a lot like Sara but with more of a partisan attitude. And then Meghan drives her off too.  She is very threatened by someone she can't label a liberal/Democrat. She wants to be able to say any co host who challenges her is playing politics.  Even though she does exactly that every day.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Spill the tea about what you know about Michael and Sara not getting along? Her show with Michael and Keke is bad.  I can't watch a minute of it, it seems so forced and fake.  Why do you think that Keke is like Megan? I admit I saw her on the view and she was okay, nothing special in my opinion..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 4

Not just you, Green. They have zero chemistry and “forced” is a good word for their camaraderie. I think Kiki was brought in as a buffer but her presence hasn’t helped. The show is terrible. I doubt Sara would take a backward step though. 

• Love 6

MIchael has zero chemistry with the ladies.  I liked him with Kelly better, I know things fell apart in the end but they were amazing together.  I do think Michael shines when he is discussing football on his other show.. In any event, the show is terrible, Keke is just too much.  I think Sara would be better in another show. Megan is just an awful person to not be able to get along with somebody like Sara..

• Love 5
19 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

MIchael has zero chemistry with the ladies.  I liked him with Kelly better, I know things fell apart in the end but they were amazing together.  I do think Michael shines when he is discussing football on his other show.. In any event, the show is terrible, Keke is just too much.  I think Sara would be better in another show. Megan is just an awful person to not be able to get along with somebody like Sara..

I liked Michael in the beginning with Kelly, but then it seemed to me he began to think of himself at least outwardly as "all that" and to me he wasn't.  Maybe he brings that to the new show.  I can't watch but a minute of it.  I liked Sara when she was on with KLG and Hoda and hoped she would make a good career move.  Seems like she would have fit in with Hoda except Jenna Bush seems like a good fit too.  I enjoy some of these shows for what they are - mindless "entertainment"

• Love 1

I'm wondering if Nicolle will be hosting her show any time soon.  She hasn't been on this week.  Her son is in 3rd grade, I think, and with NYC schools cancelled, she may not have anyone available to watch him while she's at work.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, merriebreeze said:

Nicolle's on again at 4 today! Gotta go grab a glass of wine and settle in for the real deal

I happened to be watching the hour before, because I love Joshua Johnson, and was pleasantly surprised when he announced that she was coming up next.  But then, of course--WH press conference (at least 1 hour and 45 minutes long!), but it was good to see her for about 15 minutes and then the couple of times she broke in to discuss something that was said.

• Love 2

Just letting people who watch Nicolle's show know that for the last two days it's started early.

Monday it started twenty minutes early, and I figured there must've been technical problems during the previous hour, but then today it also started early.  i'm not sure when, because I was watching something else for about half an hour, but when i changed the channel to MSNBC 5 minutes before the usual start of her show, Nicolle was just finishing up an interview with Chicago's mayor.

I figure it must be on purpose.  On Monday Brian Williams started co-hosting Katy Tur's hour with her, and they continue on into the next hour, which is obviously out of choice, not necessity.  Maybe MSNBC is just changing things up this week.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

Bummer!!  I time my afternoon nap to be up for her show.  I noticed the "beginning" of today's show seemed odd & she ended early.  I'll have to change my schedule!!!

I know what you mean.  I always eat my lunch during her show, and now I have to remember to have it ready early.  We'll see if this odd timing lasts, but I'm not complaining; more of Nicolle is always a good thing.

• Love 3