Type keyword(s) to search

Former Hosts: PROFESSIONAL Life After The View

Jaded
  • Start Topic

20 hours ago, Rightside said:

Does Meghan realize that people don't think about her as much as she thinks they do??

"Shortly before she departed, McCain offered a list of her preferred candidates to Teta and other top show leaders." ????

https://nypost.com/2022/01/15/liz-wheeler-in-talks-to-replace-meghan-mccain-on-the-view/

I’m sorry, but, who is this Meghan person of which you speak?

Edited by Bronzedog
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1

If this Wheeler person is in talks I would be as down as Joy.

Saw a headline but did not read it - this is Joy's last season.

I don't blame her at all and will miss her terribly...if I watch.

Seems to me Wheeler is worse than MM and that is awful.

Edited by maggiemae
6 hours ago, HerkyJerky said:

An article from two years ago:

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/joy-behar-retire-the-view-1234574576/

It seems like Joy's contract is up this year.

Sigh.  That sux but i knew something was coming this last week she was so stressed. And SWSRN better not try and take ANY credit for it.  I can hear, or i guess that should be 'see' her now saying she wore Joy down or something.  Dam dam dam.  Better not get any ideas Whoopi Im lookin at you!  Sunny too! Alright thats going to vacate two seats now, Ana Im lookin at you now two errrr too!   🙃  gah.  I hate change.

Edited by ForumLou
fixed
19 hours ago, ForumLou said:

Sigh.  That sux but i knew something was coming this last week she was so stressed. And SWSRN better not try and take ANY credit for it.  I can hear, or i guess that should be 'see' her now saying she wore Joy down or something.  Dam dam dam.  Better not get any ideas Whoopi Im lookin at you!  Sunny too! Alright thats going to vacate two seats now, Ana Im lookin at you now two errrr too!   🙃  gah.  I hate change.

What is SWSRN?

At least several things are possible

1 contract will be renewed

2 Joy is ready for it to end

3 contract won’t be renewed and Joy isn’t ready for it to end 

4 abc/Disney wants new contract and Joy doesn’t. 

• Useful 1

I'm sure Joy's contract will be renewed unless she just doesn't want to continue. I remember an article coming out a year or two back saying the same thing, that she was retiring--it was mostly pushed by McCain's camp to deflect from the continual calls for McCain to be fired. Joy will retire eventually, but I'm not sure it's yet. Who knows though. I definitely hope *NOT*!

I still feel the show is in big trouble once Joy leaves. It only took two seasons for it to go down the tubes last time and there won't be any positive influence in the form of a Rosie O'Donnell-type co-host this time around either... Moreover, I've said it before, but if Joy leaves, I wouldn't be surprised if they end up having to look for three co-hosts--the conservative seat, Joy's replacement, and Sunny's replacement. No way Sunny lasts long with Whoopi fully in charge.

EDIT: Okay, I see this is an old article you're all talking about (the one I was referring to above actually). I was wondering why I didn't see anything via Google. Yeah, that doesn't worry me. Especially since there would be an announcement on the show if Joy decided to leave at the end of the season, imo, sort of Year of Barbara-style with plenty of warning and fanfare.

Edited by TheGreenKnight

Joy already left the show once and we see how that worked out for her.

I seriously doubt she's ready to retire. Where else can she work 5 hours a week and get paid several million dollars a year!  And from home (on & off) to boot!

• Love 1
3 hours ago, MsTree said:

I seriously doubt she's ready to retire. Where else can she work 5 hours a week and get paid several million dollars a year!  And from home (on & off) to boot!

She’s not the only one.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, MsTree said:

Joy was doing fine.  The show asked her to come back.

4 hours ago, MsTree said:

If she isn't ready to retire she will find things to do.  She still writes comedy. And I believe if she leaves the View it will be her choice.

• Love 14
11 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I'm sure McCain wants a lot of things she won't get. Why does someone who was fired think they would have input on the hiring process?

Do you know who her father is?

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
On 1/17/2022 at 9:18 PM, TheGreenKnight said:

I'm sure Joy's contract will be renewed unless she just doesn't want to continue. I remember an article coming out a year or two back saying the same thing, that she was retiring--it was mostly pushed by McCain's camp to deflect from the continual calls for McCain to be fired. Joy will retire eventually, but I'm not sure it's yet. Who knows though. I definitely hope *NOT*!

I still feel the show is in big trouble once Joy leaves. It only took two seasons for it to go down the tubes last time and there won't be any positive influence in the form of a Rosie O'Donnell-type co-host this time around either... Moreover, I've said it before, but if Joy leaves, I wouldn't be surprised if they end up having to look for three co-hosts--the conservative seat, Joy's replacement, and Sunny's replacement. No way Sunny lasts long with Whoopi fully in charge.

EDIT: Okay, I see this is an old article you're all talking about (the one I was referring to above actually). I was wondering why I didn't see anything via Google. Yeah, that doesn't worry me. Especially since there would be an announcement on the show if Joy decided to leave at the end of the season, imo, sort of Year of Barbara-style with plenty of warning and fanfare.

Yeah I didnt see that at first either.  Someone's wishful thinking maybe. 

I'm trying to tell if you're joking or not.  They are just now doing a skit about him on SNL. If you're joking, hah! good one.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Rightside said:

Does anyone think Meghan really writes this word for word?

"I finally got Covid and it was so horrible it made me doubt if America will ever recover from this pandemic. It WILL but not with moronic Biden in charge"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10443695/MEGHAN-MCCAIN-got-Covid-doubt-America-recover-not-Biden.html

It doesn't say if she was boosted.

She said they got sick several weeks ago and she has been miserable ever since.  Was that before or after she posted pics of her and Ben and Liberty outside in the woods looking pretty damn happy?  I also have a hard time believing she didn't give hourly Twitter updates on her health.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Rightside said:

Does anyone think Meghan really writes this word for word?

"I finally got Covid and it was so horrible it made me doubt if America will ever recover from this pandemic. It WILL but not with moronic Biden in charge"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10443695/MEGHAN-MCCAIN-got-Covid-doubt-America-recover-not-Biden.html

It doesn't say if she was boosted.

People are dying, Kim.

• Love 1
On 1/26/2022 at 10:18 AM, ifionlyknew said:

She said they got sick several weeks ago and she has been miserable ever since.  Was that before or after she posted pics of her and Ben and Liberty outside in the woods looking pretty damn happy?  I also have a hard time believing she didn't give hourly Twitter updates on her health.

Yeah but was she hospitalized? Get put on a respirator?   shaaaaaaaaaadup

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, Axie said:

Waiting for a anti Whoopie tweet from a recent former cohost.

12 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

No need to wait! She already has an article. 

Meghan McCain really went after Whoopi in this -- at least in the parts where she wasn't talking about herself (Meghan is Meghan's favorite subject, after all). 

I'm linking to an archive of the article, mostly so if it goes away, people will still be able to see it, but also so that she gets fewer hits on it. 😉

https://web.archive.org/web/20220202051231/https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10465411/MEGHAN-MCCAIN-Whoopis-half-assed-apology-antisemitism-shows-double-standards-liberals.html

• Love 7
40 minutes ago, General Days said:

Meghan McCain really went after Whoopi in this -- at least in the parts where she wasn't talking about herself (Meghan is Meghan's favorite subject, after all). 

I'm linking to an archive of the article, mostly so if it goes away, people will still be able to see it, but also so that she gets fewer hits on it. 😉

https://web.archive.org/web/20220202051231/https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10465411/MEGHAN-MCCAIN-Whoopis-half-assed-apology-antisemitism-shows-double-standards-liberals.html

Smart thinking! I almost posted it but didn't want to give her a bunch of clicks. 

32 minutes ago, maggiemae said:

Seriously - this made MM very happy.

So much for dad and Whoopi.

Sounds like Whoopi is moving into the same group as her "uncle."

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, General Days said:

From the article:

The show doesn't define me like it has so many other people who have worked there over the years, and I have found liberation and satisfaction in my career working here at DailyMail.com.

Most people wouldn't know who she was if not for the View.  And she gets satisfaction working at the Daily Mail?  All I can say is water meets it's own level.

Also from the article:

I am not calling for Whoopi Goldberg to be fired, if only because I don't believe there is any universe where she could possibly do anything that could get her fired – she is the crown jewel of The View and a pop culture icon.

I don't think anyone other than Whoopi thinks she is the crown jewel of the View.

6 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Nutmeg is just so vile and vindictive.  Whoopie coddled her so much when she was on the show. 

She is such a bitch.  She is still in a snit Whoopi didn't save Meghan's job.

• Love 6

From Meghan's column:

"It's not that I expect compelling or nuanced political discussions from daytime television, but it's sad to see the recent litany of embarrassing moments from a show I invested so much time and effort in trying to elevate to a more serious level."

Well-FINALLY we get an explanation for the crazy hair -she was trying to elevate the show to a more serious level. hahahahahahaha! I can't.

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

but it's sad to see the recent litany of embarrassing moments

What litany is she talking about?  Other than this thing with Whoopi I don't think there has been anything embarrassing.  Sure they talk over one another but that isn't embarrassing. That is normal for the View.

15 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Well-FINALLY we get an explanation for the crazy hair

Now that was a litany of embarrassing moments.

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
43 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

From Meghan's column:

"It's not that I expect compelling or nuanced political discussions from daytime television, but it's sad to see the recent litany of embarrassing moments from a show I invested so much time and effort in trying to elevate to a more serious level."

Well-FINALLY we get an explanation for the crazy hair -she was trying to elevate the show to a more serious level. hahahahahahaha! I can't.

Megan is the absolute worst and the fact that she is taking advantage of this situation to slam Whoopie and the other ladies by extension while elevating herself and clothing herself in victimhood is maddening.

• Love 12
17 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Megan is the absolute worst and the fact that she is taking advantage of this situation to slam Whoopie and the other ladies by extension while elevating herself and clothing herself in victimhood is maddening.

Maddening but totally on brand.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

From Meghan's column:

Not gonna lie, I was going to quote that part and post a meme. I stopped myself because I had toned down the snark without her being on the show. I thought I'd keep the relatively nicer RealHousewife going. Fuck it. The snarky bitch is back.

Meghan girl, you spent so much time getting your hair did! 

808f29dbb12b4b2b9c4214a223145073d2-megha

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

"Those are the hairstyles of a serious journalist who is trying to elevate a daytime chatfest to serious tv!" said No One Ever.

And if she wants to be considered a serious journalist, why did she leave the View for a Tabloid?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

From Meghan's column:

says the woman who nonstop called the show ICONIC

1 hour ago, deirdra said:

And if she wants to be considered a serious journalist, why did she leave the View for a Tabloid?

to be fair like Ms Huntsman, she does not NEED a job. they can pretty much decide at anytime they want to work and they'll get sometime. Abby herself worked at Huffpo, ABC, MSNBC, and Fox News....

Meghan’s article was awful. Of all people to critique hosts on the show. Some of the things she wrote apply to her, but she doesn’t get that. It was poorly written, also. Are the editors on strike?

Another excerpt:

”The View was founded by one of the most famous Jewish American women in American history - Barbara Walters.

I don't believe a show of one myopic opinion was her intention.

American viewers deserve a better class of debate, especially on a topic of such importance to understanding the capacity of evil in the world.”

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 1
13 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Just amazing how delusional somebody can be. She lowered this show more than any other co-host has. It became more like The Jerry Springer Show than what Barbara began.

I'm not surprised in the least, in fact I expected this to happen whenever one of the co-hosts stepped in it and it was only a matter of time before it happened since they're only human. It's just more of her sour grapes over being fired. If you have to tell people you've moved on as you incessantly chime in on them, you haven't moved on at all. What would a nobody like her have to move on to anyway? Still, to go after Whoopi in particular--the woman who got her this job and helped her keep it far longer than she deserved--is yet another case of McCain proving herself to be utterly without shame.

• Love 10