Type keyword(s) to search

Former Hosts: PROFESSIONAL Life After The View

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Sara and Michael never had the easy camaraderie that is needed with two hosts, and then Keke came in like a bull in a china shop which pushed Sara further to the background.  I never watched much, but definitely quit after that.

• Love 8
On 7/3/2020 at 2:00 AM, bannana said:

Last time Sarah was on she said something like: I am trying to get closer to you ladies!  I thought it was pretty clear what she meant. 

I really hope they bring her back.  She will be a good balance to MeAgain.  She is a lot more confident than before and will hold her own.

They don't need a fifth co-host being remote since they can barely balance out the four now.

Sara is just too vanilla for The View, they need Ana back on.

• Love 8
17 hours ago, HerkyJerky said:

I can't stand Michael!

And since I can't stand him I never watch the show, so @Pearson80, what was the tension about?

Keke wanted to have a real conversation about race and why the protests were happening while Michael did not want to have a real one but was instead trying to have a sanitized version discussion about race and that pissed off Keke.

Why do you dislike Michael? I have heard so many people expressed so much contempt for him. I thought he started great with Kelly on their show and somehow he just fell off.  

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Keke wanted to have a real conversation about race and why the protests were happening while Michael did not want to have a real one but was instead trying to have a sanitized version discussion about race and that pissed off Keke.

Why do you dislike Michael? I have heard so many people expressed so much contempt for him. I thought he started great with Kelly on their show and somehow he just fell off.  

I used to like him when he first came on Live.  Then over time he started to act like he was "all that" and more.  Except not so much.  Maybe it came from the Magic Mike role and he got even buffer. Don't know.  

• Love 4
9 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

I’ve seen a preview for What Would You Do? And Sara is on and she’s really crying about difficulty of mother hood. She’s really emotional and it’s sad. I’ll be watching. 

I saw it. Looks like she's *playing* the part of a stressed out mom.  Can't believe this is the way ABC intends to use her.  Very strange and dare I say, it looks like a demotion.  Guess they don't know what to do with her.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Badbea99 said:

I saw it. Looks like she's *playing* the part of a stressed out mom.  Can't believe this is the way ABC intends to use her.  Very strange and dare I say, it looks like a demotion.  Guess they don't know what to do with her.

Get that girl an acting job because those tears where one step away from the ugly cry. I agree that’s it’s not good use of her. 

• Love 3

Rosie O'Donnell was a guest on a Broadway interview show the other day, and she said she will be returning to Broadway in a major musical revival next year, once this virus is over. (Though Broadway is closed down until at least January, she doesn't think it will reopen until the Fall of 2021 - I agree!)

When asked what the musical revival will be she said she couldn't say, but threw a hint: "Hello Gorgeous!" (For those not familiar, it's 'Funny Girl').

One of the other guests asked, 'Aren't you too old to be playing 'Fanny Brice', and she curtly responded she'd be playing her mother 'Mrs. Brice'.  When asked for more details, again she kept saying she couldn't say - just that it was definitely happening next year when the theaters reopen.

A few years ago, she said it was definitely happening with Lady Gaga playing Fanny Brice. Last year, it was announced Idina Menzel was negotiating for the part - though she will be 50 and Brice should be early 20s.

Wonder if they will  have her on 'The View' pushing the revival ?

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Never gonna happen. Ro won't go near The View.

And I don't blame her either. Miss Whoopi was a bitch to her. Rosie doesn't need her or the show.

• Love 10
20 hours ago, OnTime said:

Never gonna happen. Ro won't go near The View.

I think you mean Rosie won't go near Whoopi.

I've always wondered why Rosie was so vocal against Hasslebeck for the past 13 years, yet never says anything bad about Whoopi - who was so openly hostile to her and always at odds with her. I honestly think Hasslebeck likes Rosie more than Whoopi does. Yet Rosie holds her tongue when it comes to Whoopi - never identifies her by name in her dealings with the show that season. 

I guess its because Rosie knows Hasslebeck is an easy target - one who will take Rosie's insults and commentary over the past decade, while Whoopi will fight back and make her look like a fool.

(edited)
1 hour ago, LetsStartTalking said:

I've always wondered why Rosie was so vocal against Hasslebeck for the past 13 years, yet never says anything bad about Whoopi - who was so openly hostile to her and always at odds with her. I honestly think Hasslebeck likes Rosie more than Whoopi does. Yet Rosie holds her tongue when it comes to Whoopi - never identifies her by name in her dealings with the show that season. 

I guess its because Rosie knows Hasslebeck is an easy target - one who will take Rosie's insults and commentary over the past decade, while Whoopi will fight back and make her look like a fool.

I think it has to do with the fact that she genuinely likes Whoopie regardless of what happened between them and was genuinely hurt by Whoopie's nastiness. As an actress, she was a fan of Whoopie's work.  I remember her sharing a beautiful clip of Whoopie being awesome with a fan in the Netherlands I believe.. That is Whoopie being likable when she is being great with fans, I don't care for Whoopie on the view because it brings out the worst in her since she does not like her opinions to be challenged.. If you dare do that then you become enemy#1 in her book and she goes after you. She did that to Sunny , Jenny McCarthy, Paula and Jedidiah..

Hasselbeck used Rosie's kindness and genuine friendship with her as a comeup in order to become the darling of the right. Rosie felt betrayed by her and rightly so..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 8
58 minutes ago, LetsStartTalking said:

Nope, I mean Rosie won't go near The View, with or without Whoopi there.

• Love 2

This is really major for Nicolle. And controversial, as it is a clear demotion for Chuck Todd (well deserved, he is a doofus and should never have gotten MTP especially the Sunday version).

Edited by bannana
  • Love 6

Nicole getting fired from the view  was the best thing to have happened to her.. I just love her on her show.. I could say more but it would be off-topic..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 10

Speaking of after the View, I've been listening to the Michelle Collins Show on Sirius XM if I get out early enough for my walks.  I really do enjoy her show.  I'm not in her demographic but, still, find it enjoyable.

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Speaking of after the View, I've been listening to the Michelle Collins Show on Sirius XM if I get out early enough for my walks.  I really do enjoy her show.  I'm not in her demographic but, still, find it enjoyable.

The show screwed Michelle over... i enjoyed her despite her not being able to read a room when she made her jokes.. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Nicole getting fired from the view  was the best thing to have happened to her.. I just love her on her show.. I could say more but it would be off-topic..

Word. 😊

I totally forgot about Michelle! lol It seems like she's not mentioned nearly as often as other former hosts. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

Rosie Tweeted:

"i have come to know michael over the last year - we have become friends - an unlikely pairing some say - it was a pleasure to launch his new podcast #MeaCulpa tune in tomorrow wherever u get ur podcasts #redemption"

Sorry, but who is she talking about???

Candace Cameron Bure - one of the strangest choices to join the table - talked with FOX News recently, and said she'd rather 'share Jesus with people then return to THE VIEW'.  She claims she didn't reapply for the job this season, as they were looking to replace Abby for the fifth chair.

“I just don’t publicly want to talk about politics,” Bure explained. “Not because I don’t believe that my viewpoints and opinions are important but I would much rather share Jesus with people. That’s really my passion.”

She continued, “I don’t want to get into the political debate because it just is about division and separation. And I want to learn. I want to be [part of] a conversation about how to build a bridge.”

Candace Cameron Bure says she’d rather ‘share Jesus with people’ than return to ‘The View’

4 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

Candace Cameron Bure - one of the strangest choices to join the table - talked with FOX News recently, and said she'd rather 'share Jesus with people then return to THE VIEW'.  She claims she didn't reapply for the job this season, as they were looking to replace Abby for the fifth chair.

“I just don’t publicly want to talk about politics,” Bure explained. “Not because I don’t believe that my viewpoints and opinions are important but I would much rather share Jesus with people. That’s really my passion.”

She continued, “I don’t want to get into the political debate because it just is about division and separation. And I want to learn. I want to be [part of] a conversation about how to build a bridge.”

Candace Cameron Bure says she’d rather ‘share Jesus with people’ than return to ‘The View’

But don't the other beliefs she shares also cause division and separation?

• Love 4
13 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

8 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

But don't the other beliefs she shares also cause division and separation?

Candace's faith is all about division and separation. If you don't follow her faith then there is something wrong with you.

I didn't watch the View when she was a co host (it was during my boycott because they had let Joy go) and am glad to hear she doesn't want to come back.

• Love 8
15 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

Whatever Candace! she used dancing with the stars and the view to get her name out there when nobody was checking for her.. Since then, she has had a nice contract with the Hallmark channel to star in their movies, she has had commercials all over TV and full house came back for a reboot on netflix for a few seasons. She is all over social media promoting one of her kids who wants to get into the music business.  So now she wants to pull the Jesus card to make herself so holy and above the view.  People like her piss me off, they use religion to look down on others..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 13
21 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Watching old clips, and I miss Rosie O. And damn that Elizabeth was unbearable. 

Rosie was divine but  she let things get under her skin too much and that elevated Elizabeth and giving her relevance... Nutmeg is trying so hard to get that split screen moment, thank goodness the ladies  currently on the show will not give her that wish..

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Rosie was divine but  she let things get under her skin too much and that elevated Elizabeth and giving her relevance... Nutmeg is trying so hard to get that split screen moment, thank goodness the ladies  currently on the show will not give her that wish..

You're right. Didn't Rosie consider Elizabeth a friend, so her feelings got hurt? I feel for Rosie, because she is a sensitive person and people just see "big, fat, lesbian loud Rosie." I think Joy never cared for Meghan because since day one Meghan has been a bitch to her and trying to get those Rosie/Elizabeth moments. 

• Love 6