Type keyword(s) to search

Former Hosts: PROFESSIONAL Life After The View

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Nicolle's starting her show at 2:30pm CDT today.  So I guess it is a thing now, and that 2:40 start on Monday was because the news about Boris Johnson broke earlier that hour, and they ran long.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

And she tweeted that there's a palm sized spider in her basement "studio" with her!

OMG!  Well, at least we'll know what's going on if we hear an "eek" or an outright scream.

I've only seen one of those once, when I was 6 years old and in my family's garage, and I screamed.  I was practicing riding my new bicycle with the training wheels still on, and did not feel brave enough to get off and go inside.  Luckily, my dad was home, rescued me, and took care of the spider, which looked just like a tarantula, fuzzy and brown, but he didn't think it was.

• Love 3

There were two pictures of fish, if I'm remembering correctly, and the picture next to them was hard to decipher at first, but I think it was a dolphin, which would fit in with the sea life theme.  The background was water, and it was beautifully done, I thought, but there was something going on (artistically) with the dolphin's face that made it less than instantly recognizable.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, lusinia said:

There were two pictures of fish, if I'm remembering correctly, and the picture next to them was hard to decipher at first, but I think it was a dolphin, which would fit in with the sea life theme.  The background was water, and it was beautifully done, I thought, but there was something going on (artistically) with the dolphin's face that made it less than instantly recognizable.

That's what I thought, at first, but the more I focused, it looked like a scared dog with something in it's mouth.  That just "my take".  Maybe someone is familiar with the actual picture.

• Love 3
(edited)

Hopefully she'll be on again, and in the same spot, so we can get another look!

Added - Jen tweeted this photo, that was retweeted on the show's website.  Not a dolphin, although from a distance I can still see that, but not when I zoom in.  I can also see how you thought it was a dog with something in it's mouth.  A couple of people in the comments are saying it's a fish -

Edited by lusinia
  • Love 1

Nicolle just had a great talk with Jonathan Karl.  So much better than the one he had with the ladies of this show.  Unless the mix is just right, four people conducting an interview simply can't compare.

• Love 6

Nicolle not on today because high winds have knocked out her camera.  That must have happened to Brian Williams as well; he was supposed to co-anchor with Katy, who at the end of her time showed some adorable photos of her son at his first birthday "party" yesterday.  She was going to show him off, like her husband did on the CBS morning show earlier, but he was still napping.  He looks just like her.

Edited by lusinia
  • Love 2

That sound you just heard was me, shouting, "Noooooooooo, no, no, no, no, no" when Katy Tur announced that Nicolle and Brian Williams would be co-anchoring together at 3pm ET.

I was glad earlier when he wasn't on with Katy today, since she's looked so miserable having to share her time with him, but it didn't occur to me that he would switch to co-anchoring with Nicolle.  

Okay, it might not be so bad.  It sounds like he and Nicolle will both be on this hour, and Nicolle will have her regular hour to herself.  Crisis averted.

Added - Brian was only on for the first 30 minutes - even better.

Edited by lusinia
  • Love 6

According to my cable guide, Rosie O'Donnell will be on Seth Meyers' program tonight.  If it's like his recent from-home shows, it should be a pretty long interview, since she's the only guest scheduled.

• Love 4

Yesterday I had ABC on at noon and there was an ABC news show on. I knew it wasn't was normally on at that time but for the life of me I couldn't remember what show usually was. Then I was reading this forum and someone mentioned Sarah. Then I remembered that awful show...if one good thing comes from this mess, let it be that embarrassing show is cancelled.

• Love 2
On 4/30/2020 at 10:29 AM, GiveMeSpace said:

Yesterday I had ABC on at noon and there was an ABC news show on. I knew it wasn't was normally on at that time but for the life of me I couldn't remember what show usually was. Then I was reading this forum and someone mentioned Sarah. Then I remembered that awful show...if one good thing comes from this mess, let it be that embarrassing show is cancelled.

It seems that the show is only on their social media. I think they do 1 or 2 segments a day or something like that. 

Brian Williams was on with Nicolle before her regular show today.  They seem to have an easy rapport & enjoy each other's contribution.  Speaking of contribution, Brian had James Carville & Eugene Robinson on his show tonight.  Pure gold ... what a hoot ... I wish Nicolle was there too.

• Love 7

I can't with Brian Williams.  Can't forget lack of ethics,  i.e., lying/ white male privilege. 

Love Nicole and feel sorry that she has to share time with him. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Tosia said:

I can't with Brian Williams.  Can't forget lack of ethics,  i.e., lying/ white male privilege. 

Love Nicole and feel sorry that she has to share time with him. 

You're not the only one still holding a grudge, but I see his "missteps" a bit differently.  My family was comprised of five girls & one boy.  My brother was funny, charming, generous & could take a seed of a situation & grow it into a huge, hilarious tree.  We all knew he was exaggerating & was full of crap, but we loved him & his crazy stories anyway.  That's how I feel about Brian Williams.  (Just sayin'!!)

• Love 9
7 hours ago, merriebreeze said:

Wish they had posted the whole article

I saw the link earlier tonight (right here on the front page of PrimeTimer) and wished the same thing.

• Love 1

Sherri Shepherd joined Bevy Smith on Bevelations to talk the new season Mr. Iglesias and opened up about working with Barbara Fedida during her time on The View saying she’s not surprised by the allegations of racist comments or her suspension.

• Love 3

This is probably the reason why - 

Sherri was just trying to be helpful, not nasty at all, but it made "strong, smart woman" Meghan basically say "off with her head!"

• Love 4
On 6/26/2020 at 12:33 AM, Kayz Opinion said:

Guess I'm out of the loop.  WHY isn't Sherri Shepherd allowed back at "The View."

Surely there's more than this (below).  Maybe Sherri needs to give a full explanation.

17 hours ago, lusinia said:

Sherri was just trying to be helpful, not nasty at all, but it made "strong, smart woman" Meghan basically say "off with her head!"

• Love 2

The news on the Primetimer homepage has an item that says Page Six is reporting Sara's show won't be returning, but there's no official confirmation from ABC yet. 

With the regulars having so much trouble adapting to doing the show remotely, I can't imagine that the producers would prefer using multiple guest hosts when Meghan's off, so hopefully Sara will be given that opportunity.

• Love 6

Last time Sarah was on she said something like: I am trying to get closer to you ladies!  I thought it was pretty clear what she meant. 

I really hope they bring her back.  She will be a good balance to MeAgain.  She is a lot more confident than before and will hold her own.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, bannana said:

Last time Sarah was on she said something like: I am trying to get closer to you ladies!  I thought it was pretty clear what she meant. 

I really hope they bring her back.  She will be a good balance to MeAgain.  She is a lot more confident than before and will hold her own.

I agree. The show misses her terribly.

• Love 7

Sara's show was terrible.  I can't help but think her returning to The View would be a step back in her career.  Not sure what else ABC could do with her though.

• Love 5

I was on another site earlier reading an article about Sarah's show being cancelled and I snickered reading the comments section because it was basically peppered with about 20 different versions of this sentiment:  How about cancelling that awful show The View next? 

I mean, they aren't wrong... 🤷‍♀️  😝

• LOL 8
(edited)
39 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

I mean, they aren't wrong..

It's longevity, and the fact that Barbara Walters is still with us, are the only things keeping it from being canceled.  (Well, maybe not the only things.  But acceptable ratings and an Emmy award don't equal quality, which ABC obviously doesn't care about.)

Edited by lusinia
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, lusinia said:

It's longevity, and the fact that Barbara Walters is still with us, are the only things keeping it from being canceled.  (Well, maybe not the only things.  But acceptable ratings and an Emmy award don't equal quality, which ABC obviously doesn't care about.)

I also think it's a question of what would they replace it with.  Does ABC have something that could get the same ratings.  The show airs in most markets at 11 am which leads into the local news noon broadcasts.  Affiliates will care what airs in that slot.

• Love 6

Ratings for the show are still strong. Don't look at year-over-year numbers (which are pretty flat), but instead what other daytime shows do. The View is consistently in the daytime top 5, and draws about double the audience of The Talk. ABC is happy with it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 7/3/2020 at 7:14 AM, Haleth said:

Sara's show was terrible.  I can't help but think her returning to The View would be a step back in her career.  Not sure what else ABC could do with her though.

Not to mention, the hosts on the show clearly did not like each other.. It was really obvious when they did a show at home talking about the protests and the tension between Michael and Keke was so obvious.  Sarah was being herself asking  pertinent questions about what it is like to Black in America..

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I can't stand Michael!

4 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

they did a show at home talking about the protests and the tension between Michael and Keke was so obvious

And since I can't stand him I never watch the show, so @Pearson80, what was the tension about?

• Love 1