Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E01: Walking on Eggshells

druzy
  • Start Topic

Catelynn and Tyler move back in together after a 30-day trial separation.

Ryan returns home after rehab and wants to meet up with Maci.

Cheyenne and Cory argue over his new girlfriend being around Ryder.

Amber has an online feud with TM2's Jenelle.

Airs June 10, 2019 at 9 PM 

• Love 3

Hopefully this is the beginning of the end for these spoiled brats. I'm looking forward to the real show when they can no longer call it in and collect MTV checks.

Oh look- Amber on a couch. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

I don’t care a bit about Cheyenne but I totally hate Cory. I don’t believe he would be nearly as into being a father to little Ryder if there weren’t an MTV show about it. And I believe he has had relationships with different women on each and every reality show he’s appeared on, so Cheyenne’s fears are well founded.

• Love 21

Unpopular opinion, but I still feel sorry for Mackenzie. Yeah, she was an opportunistic dumbass when this all started, and having a trap baby was the dumbest possible move, but we have to remember how young she is.  I was an irredeemable idiot at her age; luckily I never dated or got knocked up by an addict back then. But her life is just such a shitshow, and not only do I doubt Ryan will ever maintain his sobriety, but it’s also painfully obvious that he doesn’t love Mack. Sigh.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, druzy said:

Will Maci's earlobes go back to normal if she stops wearing those earrings or will she need surgery? 

More than likely, she’ll need surgery. I have a friend with plugs much larger than Maci’s, and when he takes them out, they are just...droopy. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Brooklynista said:

Andrew was giving me Jim Jones realness right here.

I saw nothing but Fat Elvis when I watched, but now, I can see nothing but Jim Jones.  I was really torn between the 'useful' reaction, or the 'funny' reaction because it was equal parts of each.  Thank you for the laugh!

• LOL 10
  • Love 6
(edited)

Cheyenne may as well get over Cory now.  It's not gonna happen.  He only seemed to want her (who knows if he really did or not) when she was with someone else.  As soon as he was 'picked' it was game over.  Anybody know if he's still with Taylor (?) in real time?

Mack, you kinda did sign up to be a single mom by getting knocked up by someone who has never been mentally or emotionally present for anyone. 

I know Amber is the main cast member here, but Gary has been with the show as long as she has.  I think that's long enough that we should be able to see Gary and Kristina doing Gary and Kristina things.  They have lives outside of Amber's issues. 

I'm so glad Bristol left. 

Edited by eskimo
  • Love 23
8 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

Andrew was giving me Jim Jones realness right here.

THANK YOU! I could not place it. It would have been a google image search all day project without you, Brooklynista. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, eskimo said:

I saw nothing but Fat Elvis when I watched, but now, I can see nothing but Jim Jones.  I was really torn between the 'useful' reaction, or the 'funny' reaction because it was equal parts of each.  Thank you for the laugh!

@Brooklynista brings it again!

• Love 3

What a dull, depressing episode. I think I'm done with this show. All Amber talks about is social media and her "fans." Oh, and her mental illnesses and her counseling. She didn't mention Leah once.  Switch over to Gary & Kristina, whose segments I normally enjoy, and all they talk about it Amber's mental illness.

Caitlynn and Tyler just sit around like sad sacks. Tyler's mom comes over so they can all discuss the various counseling they are in, and Caitlynn's mental illnesses. Tyler goes to TX so her can meet up with his dad & sister, so the can talk about their addictions and counseling.

I FF through Cheyenne's segments, so maybe something more than mental illness/addiction/counseling is discussed. Maybe?

Maci's segments are all discussions about Ryan's addictions and the impact on Bentley.

Mac & Ryan have dinner and talk about Ryan's recent rehab stay, while he sips a beer. Ryan's parents and Mac tearfully discuss his addictions and arrest and jail sentence.

W.T.F? No thanks, I'm out.

• Love 18
41 minutes ago, RockClimb said:

What a dull, depressing episode. I think I'm done with this show. All Amber talks about is social media and her "fans." Oh, and her mental illnesses and her counseling. She didn't mention Leah once.  Switch over to Gary & Kristina, whose segments I normally enjoy, and all they talk about it Amber's mental illness.

Caitlynn and Tyler just sit around like sad sacks. Tyler's mom comes over so they can all discuss the various counseling they are in, and Caitlynn's mental illnesses. Tyler goes to TX so her can meet up with his dad & sister, so the can talk about their addictions and counseling.

I FF through Cheyenne's segments, so maybe something more than mental illness/addiction/counseling is discussed. Maybe?

Maci's segments are all discussions about Ryan's addictions and the impact on Bentley.

Mac & Ryan have dinner and talk about Ryan's recent rehab stay, while he sips a beer. Ryan's parents and Mac tearfully discuss his addictions and arrest and jail sentence.

Wow, when you put it out there like this, it's really disheartening, and certainly takes the wind out of the "we're doing good for society by reducing teen pregnancy" myth they've been selling each other. To put your post another way:

Bentley: confirmed addict for a mostly absentee dad who is now married to someone else and has a new baby to distract him. Potential functional alcoholics for two current parents. 

Leah: confirmed addict for a mom, with self proclaimed mental illness (not doubting, just saying we can't know the pro diagnosis) and non-substance related addiction issues. 

Weird name kids: confirmed addict for a mom, confirmed mental illness for mom, confirmed addicts on both grandparental sides, confirmed terrible writer for a dad. 

Sophia: all sorts of problems with mom but no confirmed substance abuse issues. Lots of emotional and relationship issues she'll end up modeling though.

It's a bit of a chicken-and-egg problem I guess. Are they fucked up because they're not equipped to handle all that comes with the show, or did the show fuck up their ability to deal with real life? This show is a fucking trainwreck and the sooner it's off the air, the better for those kids. 

• Love 15
15 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

I don’t care a bit about Cheyenne but I totally hate Cory. I don’t believe he would be nearly as into being a father to little Ryder if there weren’t an MTV show about it. And I believe he has had relationships with different women on each and every reality show he’s appeared on, so Cheyenne’s fears are well founded.

So true! I loathe this guy...what an opportunist! Cheyenne is right to be concerned about Cory bringing Ryder around every girl he is banging at any particular moment. Ugh...he is so full of himself! He thinks he's the shizz....what an inflated ego. I agree...he's only around Ryder because of MTV cameras.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, DudeLeaveMeAlone said:

A two hour premier generated 18 comments? This show is DONE. I removed it (and TM2) from my DVR after the dog killing incident. Clearly I'm not missing anything.

I love this. Means that more of us have stopped watching this mess.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, RockClimb said:

Exactly! I was so depressed myself after I watched this...OMG! All of these girls would have been better served to have left the show or the show end a long time ago so they could pursue their educations and get some sort of career or steady jobs. They are worse off now then 10 years ago because they never grew up and became adults with lives that don't revolve around cameras. And shocker....Butch is living with a former addict and isn't working the program AND using weed...Ryan is drinking in the middle of the afternoon and doing 90 days in jail for violating probation. Could anyone look more disinterested in his baby than Ryan? BTW...I thought Mac quit the show?

• Love 11
7 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Read this and a good bowel movement came to mind:

86711AD7-3101-4EC7-855A-6B7C56ADB7EA.jpeg

Is he serious? Catelynn is a mess and has some serious depression. And Tyler is full of bitterness and anger at his family and their addiction issues. Give me a break Tyler.

• Love 5

Walking on eggshells will be the theme of Andrew's life with Amber. When she snapped at him about growing up in Malibu etc., I was, like, dude: grab your baby and run! His parents must be so fucking pissed that he hooked up and procreated with a trashy cow like that.

Cheyenne needs to grow up because she will not be building a life with Cory, though I hope he continues to co-parent.

Tyler and Caitlyn are still self-absorbed hot messes and Ryan, Ryan, Ryan. What a hot fucking mess and from the previews of the season it's only downhill from here.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13

I'm sure it's probably on my DVR at home, but I had no idea this came back last night. 

54 minutes ago, jacksgirl said:

Didnt watch, but reading comments. Is the TM Gravy Train finally leaving the station?

My fingers AND toes are crossed too!! 

9 minutes ago, blubld43 said:

I think Jenelle and the dogkiller have done this in. 

I agree that they will be the *main* reason for the bitter end, but they've all done themselves in with real-time news, and their own social medias. When I realized that it came back I was trying to think what I'd even want to see. I know that Catelynn & Tyler had a RAINBOW!!!! baby, and are still lying to themselves & their "fans" about their vewy speshul twu luv. I know Amber has spent the hiatus fused to a couch somewhere keeping it rill. I know Maci & Taylor do nothing but drink Bud Lights & think of different people they can send TTM shirts to while talking about Ryan. Who else is there? Cheye...zzzzzzzzzz...

Do I need to watch? 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, politichick said:

Walking on eggshells will be the theme of Andrew's life with Amber.

Yes.  It's his responsibility to assess 'how she's feeling' at all times and act accordingly. It's not up to Amber to learn to control herself.  I'm so glad that they found a therapist that will teach  him better coping skills.  🙄

Edited by eskimo
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 7
(edited)

Maci:  Tired of TTM shirts.  Appreciated the Bud Light in a pink cozy.

Mackenzie:  sorry, bitch, you’re Ryan Edwards’...fourth? Relationship since the whole world has known he was an addict.  You’re not “done” until you stop cashing the checks, k?

Catelynn:  still not sure she enjoys”mom-ing”.  Is Nova getting kinda bratty?

Andrew:  there’s an Outback around here somewhere, homie.  No one will judge you.  Promise.

Cheyenne:  you’re too pretty to be sweating Corey.  Every petty female hates another woman for being “jealous” or “immature.”

Edited by teapot
  • Love 8

I have to hand it to Amber. For someone who wants to compalin about how she is portrayed she actually knows what we are saying. Last year when she was laughing about laying in a sloth and then this episode "me sitting on a couch".  Those moments do make me laugh. 

Nova is not all about mom because she just loves Catelynn, she is terrified she will leave again. Thanks for trying to mask your trauma bonding, Catelynn. 

Glad Bristol is gone too. 

• Love 9

Is it just me or has Tyler's head gotten tinier?

Is Cheyenne's sister also a single mom?

Poor Kristina, having a father that committed suicide couldn't have been easy.

How the hell does Butch keep finding women?!

• LOL 7
  • Love 11
On 6/10/2019 at 10:05 PM, ilovebeaarthur said:

More than likely, she’ll need surgery. I have a friend with plugs much larger than Maci’s, and when he takes them out, they are just...droopy. 

Maybe she can go to dr pimple popper!  She fixed a girl's lobes in one of her early episodes. 

18 hours ago, lidarose9 said:

Am I the only one who thought Ryan looked high at dinner?

Nope... their first scene at Mackenzie's parents house I thought he looked really good. No crazy eyes, very with it.  At dinner he seemed to be in his drowsy state.  I think that's why Mackenzie was getting irritated plus the fact that he ordered a drink.  At least he was aware enough to say "does this look bad?" even though he didn't care. 

3 hours ago, MaggieG said:

I can see how Butch would be a charmer, however it's more of a addicts find addicts type of situation thing I think. And did they say that was his girlfriends house? Was it a halfway house that was a mansion??

• Love 8
23 hours ago, politichick said:

Walking on eggshells will be the theme of Andrew's life with Amber. When she snapped at him about growing up in Malibu etc., I was, like, dude: grab your baby and run! His parents must be so fucking pissed that he hooked up and procreated with a trashy cow like that.

Cheyenne needs to grow up because she will not be building a life with Cory, though I hope he continues to co-parent.

Tyler and Caitlyn are still self-absorbed hot messes and Ryan, Ryan, Ryan. What a hot fucking mess and from the previews of the season it's only downhill from here.

Yes! The dynamic between Amber and Andrew was palpable! Andrew knew if he said something in reply to her Malibu comment she would go off on him like no one's business. Doesn't take much to set her off...she has anger management issues on top of her other mental health disorders. Andrew should start taking steps to get full custody of James...it's only going to get worse with Amber. And I totally agree about Andrew's family being livid about this relationship...they know this means a lifetime of trouble for them and Andrew and a buttload of bills from lawyers.

• Love 12
(edited)

I said I wasn’t gonna watch this shit because I hate them all (not Geary and Leah’s actual mother), I even deleted it from the DVR...but then I turned on the TV 3 minutes before it started back to back reruns of the episodes so I’m watching 🙄 and I admit I may have smoked something...but while watching I was looking at my phone and not paying that much attention (bc this show sucks) and I heard a ringing phone so I looked up to see what was happening and saw this:

6DBBF56A-4C9F-4D90-8658-B02770953F4E.jpeg

...and was like, WHAT? Gary is calling Elizabeth Moss???? What the fuck has this show become?? A million questions in one second. And then it showed someone called “Lizzo” after Elisabeth and that Gary was actually FaceTiming Kristina. 🤦🏻‍♀️ I’m such a dumbass but it was perfect timing of her being there, him with his ringing phone and Kristina not yet on his screen. 🤣 It was actually an ad for the VMAs, btw. 

Edited by Rebecca
  • LOL 11
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Rebecca said:

I’m such a dumbass but it was perfect timing of her being there, him with his ringing phone and Kristina not yet on his screen. 🤣 It was actually an ad for the VMAs, btw. 

This is so hilarious.  When I smoke and watch the show I find the people much more enjoyable. Well, it depends on what I use.  If it's something with a head high then I can't pay attention. But a more relaxed thc makes me think "wow they are really trying".  LOL!!!

Baby James is very cute, I will say that.

20 hours ago, MaggieG said:

And April gets all these people to marry her too.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
22 hours ago, MaggieG said:

2 hours ago, IDreamofJoaquin said:

And April gets all these people to marry her too.

Give me some weed and about two hours and I'll come up with their amazing OurTime.com profiles. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
On 6/11/2019 at 11:49 AM, Uncle JUICE said:

Sophiaall sorts of problems with mom but no confirmed substance abuse issues. Lots of emotional and relationship issues she'll end up modeling though.

No idea if Farrah is abusing today, but in 2013 she had a DUI and blamed everyone else for it so I’m going to add her to your addiction issues list.  

• Love 3