Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 5/20/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, geekburger said:

The interview with the AI winner was an awkward hot ass mess. From start to finish. 

I thought for sure they gave American Idol contestants media training, but maybe not, or maybe they don't do it until after the winner is crowned. That poor kid needs a lot of help, if that interview is any indication.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I have been thinking about all the grief she is getting and why not really before.  I think she has always been this way but has been seen in small doses.  Not many people I presume watched her on Fox, she was a blip on MSNBC, but this is the 1st time people are getting a taste of John McCain's daughter in all her glory and many are finding her repellent.  She has zero respect for anyone else even if they share her views, she doesn't know how to debate, she thinks she is badass when really she is just an ass, and needs to grow up.  She has the maturity of a surly 12 year old and viewers just aren't happy nor should they be.  She derides the audience and has no respect for her cohosts whose careers were attained by talent and not by being born to a congressman.  Add in her rage tweeting neanderthal husband and it makes her look worse.  I am judging her by the company she keeps.

She used to be on TV with Rachel Campos-Duffy. I think that some of the nastiness we get with Meghan rubbed off from Rachel. 

images.jpeg

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
48 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

She also proclaimed that FLASHY "The View" jacket they presented to him was "like Johnny Cash."  Poor little ig-nernt country girl wannabe (expert on All Things Country).  Johnny Cash, The Man in Black, NOT The Man in BLING!  His clothes weren't flashy, his guitars weren't flashy. (I hope that poor kid has what it takes to live the life of a solo musician.)

Hahaha!! I totally missed that, but you are so correct @HaaCHOO, Johnny Cash is not blingy at all!

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, TheView said:

She used to be on TV with Rachel Campos-Duffy. I think that some of the nastiness we get with Meghan rubbed off from Rachel. 

images.jpeg

So is this Nutmeg, the one on the left? Holy how many procedures ago? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

she told the west coast NOT TO WATCH The View!!!!!

you don't ever tell people to not watch your show.

Yes, this! @tinkerbell!

In addition to blaming the producers, she then tweets to tell people not to watch the show!  🤦‍♀️

She must have received a very stern reprimand and that is why she was in such a foul mood.  But she probably will get another reprimand for being a stupid bitch, bitching about the audience applauding, and randomly saying that a phone is ringing in the audience, when none of us watching can hear it!  Not to mention screwing up the jacket thing and trying to disrobe the AI guy who is miked for a reason.  😁

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

When Nutmeg donned that bedazzled jacket meant for Laine, Mr. Rain said, "If that jacket fits her then it's gonna be miles too big on the kid".   So what was that all about anyway?  Laine's a little bitty thing.   Why would they give him a jacket 12 sizes too big? 

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
22 hours ago, maggiemae said:

I've had 2 pneumonia shots - after the first one they came out with an even better one. Always ask your doctor if your shot is up to date.

Same here...I had the new pneumonia shot, and I always get the regular Flu shot.  I am surprised that the doctors did not mention getting the shot(I was told everyone over 60 should get a pneumonia shot)

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

I saw the show earlier today, but this is one of those rare episodes I'm keeping on my DVR for a few days so I can rewatch the first half.  Joy and Sunny double-teaming Meagan was a thing of beauty and a joy forever.   

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
41 minutes ago, heysmilinstrange said:

I thought for sure they gave American Idol contestants media training, but maybe not, or maybe they don't do it until after the winner is crowned. That poor kid needs a lot of help, if that interview is any indication.

Maybe I am wrong but I thought I heard Ryan saying that they were supposed to fly to NYC right after the show and the AI winner couldn't fly and got off the plane on the tarmac.  I won't fly either and I feel for him.  Trying to do talk shows and all you can think is that you have to get back on a plane.............................I have had to be medicated, heavily.

1 minute ago, Gemma Violet said:

I saw the show earlier today, but this is one of those rare episodes I'm keeping on my DVR for a few days so I can rewatch the first half.  Joy and Sunny double-teaming Meagan was a thing of beauty and a joy forever.   

I just wanted MM to SHUT THE FUCK UP!

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, Gemma Violet said:

They’re giving Meghan a taste of her own medicine. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I am leaning more towards SE Cupp or just seeing what they can do to bring Ana on full time.  I don't think Heaton, Malkin or Coulter would do well.  

How about Tara Setmayer? She’s awesome. 

• Love 15
10 hours ago, maggiemae said:

Hey Meghan -if the town's pop is 4,000 and there were 10,000 means 6,000 drove in, not 9,000.

It depends on who is "counting" the crowd.  If the Trump people are counting, the number of people could be closer to 3,000!

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, OnTime said:

I don't miss Abby!

I do.  She's respectful, calm and seems to be very likable.  She's everything Meghan is not.  

And speaking of that she-beast, how much longer do we have to endure her negative energy.  I know this is a recurring them, but her nastiness knows no end.  I don't know how much longer I can watch with her there.  

• Love 8
2 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

She also proclaimed that FLASHY "The View" jacket they presented to him was "like Johnny Cash."  Poor little ig-nernt country girl wannabe (expert on All Things Country).  Johnny Cash, The Man in Black, NOT The Man in BLING! 

My mother who is Southern and country said it was like Porter Waggoner who loved flashy clothes. Meghan needs to study her country music handbook.

• Love 7

Just watching now.  Meghan could not SHUT UP about how "58% of Americans think they should stop the Russia investigation, 65% are against impeachment, blah blah blah."   REALLY, Meghan?   according to whom?  

First -  where do you get your bullshit statistics?  were they taken this morning?  because every day more stuff comes out, and every day more people are seeing the evidence.  if you're going to continue to give us percentages of what americans think -  tell us - who asked the question, whom did they ask, and what was the exact wording?  Otherwise, keep your damn mouth shut about what percentage thinks what.  we all know how polls can be manipulated. 

Second - if impeachment is the right thing to do, if it's needed, then the democrats need to do what the law says, do what's best for the country, not take a POLL and base decisions on that.  She's actually saying that they should NOT impeach because "65% of americans think...."  

Then, after she says her piece and Sunny has some really good points to make, Meghan wouldn't shut up, kept talking over her, making little aside remarks, making the point that we shouldn't impeach trump BECAUSE HE"S POPULAR!   

• Useful 1
  • Love 19
(edited)
3 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Joy and Sunny seemed to be leaning on their stools instead of sitting. Joy looked too short for hers and I don't blame her for not wanting to take a risk of falling, but Sunny's issue was her dress looked as if it would rip if she tried to sit properly. You'd think they'd have given her something different to wear considering.

Choosing those stools was absolutely WRONG for women who generally are wearing dresses and heels.  The raised "chairs" they sit on every day aren't good for them either.  The fabric is something like velvet...some material that doesn't allow one to "slide" into place.  Not one of them ever just glides into her seat--she glides, but her outfit sticks.  The show needs a furniture designer who understands ergonomics for women--and who can create something that looks elegant on TV...but is comfortable for the ladies and guests.

Edited by HaaCHOO
oops...left out WRONG
  • Love 17

Where in the hell did Nutmeg get the idea that she was supposed to change the minds of her Co hosts regarding her worries over the Dems?  

She spouted this inane nugget after  they were reacting to her irrational rally numbers that Nutmeg herself read off of her blue cards. Hubbie needs to check his stats more carefully.  More proof that MM doesn't think for herself, I mean, think in general. Or prep for a halfway sane discussion. She's the joke.  

It was funny. 10,000 show up in a town of 4,000. 🙂 Sure, right. 6, 000 drive in, sure, (not 9,000) .  Hyper-bowl? Maybe.  Like the inaugural crowd, I mean smattering.  Guess math is another of MM's skills that was lost amid her vast political acumen incubated in the womb.   

God, Mehgun is stupid. 

I was glad she shut up and pouted cuz it was a million times better than her screeching on Monday.  Why doesn't one of the other cohosts say, "Stop yelling! We're  right here.  We can hear you! "  She must have been insufferable at the dinner table.  

• Love 18
9 hours ago, bannana said:

She must have received a very stern reprimand and that is why she was in such a foul mood.  But she probably will get another reprimand for being a stupid bitch, bitching about the audience applauding, and randomly saying that a phone is ringing in the audience, when none of us watching can hear it!  Not to mention screwing up the jacket thing and trying to disrobe the AI guy who is miked for a reason.  😁

ABC's patience has to be running out with Meghan.  It's one thing to "cause sparks" but her behavior is becoming unbearable.  It's one thing for co hosts to have their spats behind the scenes but Joy and Sunny are showing their dislike for Meghan on air.  And while it's enjoyable to watch for me other viewers might not find it so enjoyable.  

• Love 16

Sarah and Paula are two my favorites I truly do not remember them talking about sex a lot.  Sunny agreed so I must have toned this segments out.  It really was a little mean spirited to call them trashy especially if the rumors of Megan/Sarah are true. 

What I want to know is how much are these rallies costing?   Two past presidents came here to talk at colleges.  The traffic was backed up.  Security was crazy.  Extra police hired.  People were all up in arms how it inconvenient it was to get around.  

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Sarah and Paula are two my favorites I truly do not remember them talking about sex a lot.  Sunny agreed so I must have toned this segments out.  It really was a little mean spirited to call them trashy especially if the rumors of Megan/Sarah are true. 

I didn't start watching again till Meghan came on because I knew it was going to be a train wreck so I only saw Paula when she would be a co host on Fridays but I don't remember her ever oversharing about sex.  And isn't she really religious?  And I don't ever remember Sara talking about sex all the time.

As mentioned already Meghan was swooning over Erika Jayne when she was a guest.  And she said she is a huge Howard Stern fan.  Neither one of those two are prudes when it comes to sex.

Maybe she is trying to follow in Elisabeth's footsteps and be all about her "faith". Which speaking of which have we ever heard  her say she goes to church?

• Love 18
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

Maybe she is trying to follow in Elisabeth's footsteps and be all about her "faith". Which speaking of which have we ever heard  her say she goes to church?

Love it!  I think she worships at The Wall of Our Founding Fathers...those portraits on her apartment wall she's always bragging about.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

ABC's patience has to be running out with Meghan.  It's one thing to "cause sparks" but her behavior is becoming unbearable.

If it's all about the ratings, then this forum should be a good indicator.  There's A LOT more traffic here recently...mostly regarding Meghan's poor behavior.  These days networks don't care if the interest they generate is negative.  I think only the sponsors care.

Maybe a "We'll Watch But We Won't Buy," initiative is needed. 

• Love 11
18 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

If Meghan’s contract isn’t renewed, please let her replacement be someone likable! 

18 hours ago, ching5411 said:

How about Patricia Heaton?

Ha Ha Ha Ha....RealHousewife said "likeable."

17 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I am leaning more towards SE Cupp

She has somehow reinvented herself.  The last few times I saw her, she was NOT as desperate, annoying, and pushy as a couple of years ago.  Still...I don't trust that she'd be able to keep her "new persona" long on The View.  Doesn't she still have her own political show, "S.E. Cupp, Unfiltered"?

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Haleth said:

16 minutes in. My dad died of cancer. During a conversation about Ben Carson’s qualifications to run HHR. 

The topic could be braiding your hair and Meghan would bring up her dad.

• LOL 9
  • Love 8

I still haven’t watched yesterday’s episode. Did she really call Sarah and Paula trashy?! I remember they’d occasionally discuss/joke about sex, but they were never vulgar. I can see someone who’s very conservative about sex being uncomfortable with any sex talk period on TV. If Meghan doesn’t want to talk about it herself, I don’t blame her for that. As you guys said though, for a proud Howard Stern fan to call out Sarah and Paula of all people, just doesn’t make sense. Both Sarah and Paula also seem like such nice women too. Erika Jayne is a provocative showgirl (no worse than all the other pop stars imo), but Howard Stern is vulgar by anyone’s standards, at least he should be. While he may have softened throughout the years, he also showed a real mean streak at times back in the day. But I guess he’s one of the “cool people,” so Meghan can’t be offended by him! 

Meghan’s long gotten on my nerves discussing politics though, so her being hypocritical and holding different people to different standards shouldn’t really surprise me. It’s the same chick who has an easier time giving Trump credit than Obama! 

• Love 16
(edited)
5 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

While he may have softened throughout the years, he also showed a real mean streak at times back in the day. But I guess he’s one of the “cool people,” so Meghan can’t be offended by him! 

And Meghan proclaimed her fandom LONG before any recent softening* of Howard Stern.  Much of the talk on Howard's show was sextalk...and gross.  It was funny and I applaud Meghan for having the sense of humor I still don't believe.

Maybe it's that "mean streak" that appeals to her.  Sympatico.

*It's difficult to believe Howard has changed much--but a health scare, a good marriage (perhaps his wife influences him), and his age (65) could be reasons.

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, ari333 said:

MM cannot talk about sex, but floves Stern. Alrighty then

Fake front for the in-laws.  Her family already KNOWS her.  Soon everyone figures her out because she just can't help herself.

• Love 13
36 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

How did I know a conversation about Ben Carson would turn into "my father" and  "my family" for Meghan? It's nonstop with this girl. So self-centered. Me, mine, myself. Me, me, me.

Representative Ayanna Pressley is awesome. She handled Carson quite well. He's a gifted surgeon, but my God he is massively unqualified to be in the position he's in. 

Then when sunny said something about he could help people like my family growing up in public housing,  I heard Meghan say "I'm not making this personal." Huh? What?

• LOL 13
  • Love 10
(edited)
40 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I still haven’t watched yesterday’s episode. Did she really call Sarah and Paula trashy?! I remember they’d occasionally discuss/joke about sex, but they were never vulgar. I can see someone who’s very conservative about sex being uncomfortable with any sex talk period on TV. If Meghan doesn’t want to talk about it herself, I don’t blame her for that. As you guys said though, for a proud Howard Stern fan to call out Sarah and Paula of all people, just doesn’t make sense. Both Sarah and Paula also seem like such nice women too. Erika Jayne is a provocative showgirl (no worse than all the other pop stars imo), but Howard Stern is vulgar by anyone’s standards, at least he should be. While he may have softened throughout the years, he also showed a real mean streak at times back in the day. But I guess he’s one of the “cool people,” so Meghan can’t be offended by him! 

Meghan’s long gotten on my nerves discussing politics though, so her being hypocritical and holding different people to different standards shouldn’t really surprise me. It’s the same chick who has an easier time giving Trump credit than Obama! 

Meghan said something like,  one of the things she had to get used to once joining the view was Sara and Paula talking about their sex lives. She then said she thought talk like that is trashy , then said  no offense to her former coworkers.  So yeah she called them trashy.

I forgot about her Howard Stern love. Meghan thought Paula and Sara were trashy but Howard stern wasn't WTF? 

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Useful 1
  • Love 14
2 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

She’s going to be even more insufferable now they’ve been named most influential political show on the New Yorker magazine.  I won’t be able to tolerate her. She thinks she’s responsible for it I’m sure. 

Yes she does. She has said as much. 

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Meghan said something like,  one of the things she had to get used to once joining the view was Sara and Paula talking about their sex lives. She then said she thought talk like that is trashy , then said  no offense to her former coworkers.  So yeah she called them trashy.

I forgot about her Howard Stern love. Meghan thought Paula and Sara were trashy but Howard stern wasn't WTF? 

Thank you! 

I wonder if she ever reads posts like ours and thinks, you know what, I can see how that was rude or seems inconsistent. Does she really think she’s a sweet little princess who rubs people the wrong way just because she’s Republican? 

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, tribeca said:

What are these rumors?

• Useful 3
7 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

She’s going to be even more insufferable now they’ve been named most influential political show on the New Yorker magazine.  I won’t be able to tolerate her. She thinks she’s responsible for it I’m sure. 

Which is why she isn't going anywhere.  It's like Joy said last week, 'we're in the news every day now.' (paraphrasing)

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
49 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

Fake front for the in-laws.  Her family already KNOWS her.  Soon everyone figures her out because she just can't help herself.

I see your point, but why not pretend that she is horrified by Stern? You know, to keep up the facade. I find him disgusting for the reasons mentioned already

Whoopi and Joy seem to be the only two with the same hair everyday. I'm ok with it. MM's hair is.... IDK what

Edited by ari333
  • Love 7

About the AI guy...not buying the "aw shucks, i'm just a lil ole country boy who loves his mama" and the gaudy white trash ring she bought me" fake early Elvis shtick. He strikes me as someone who has the ego of God and is playing a role.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1