Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 5/20/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

I could never date an ex of one of my friends. I've heard of it happening before, but I don't get it. 

I was just about to point this out. Whoopi kept looking at Meghan, as if she wanted her to chime in. It's like they know Meghan's going to throw a hissy fit during the political discussions, so they have to talk about something like the Housewives to appease Meghan when they come back from the commercial break. Meghan didn't seem interested in talking about it this time, though. She still looked pissed off. 😂

I don't know if Meghan was just totally pissed off today, although it seems like she did come in with a chip on her shoulder and very snotty, but I think the reason she didn't really comment on the housewives is because they were discussing Denise Richards' constantly talking about sex, and we all know that Meghan really doesn't like to discuss anything to do with sex.  

It was disturbing to see that Whoopi was left hanging in the wind there by her "babe" Meghan.  She is the only one at the table who watches the Real Housewives, so this should have been her topic to take the lead on.  

I think something bad must have happened during their pre-show meeting, because the whole hot topics segment seemed very stilted and uncomfortable.   

• LOL 1
  • Love 21

That's a good point @njbchlover, but it's one of the few topics where she usually lights up though. And I'm pretty sure the only reason she says she doesn't like talking about sex is because her grandmother watches the show. It may have been posted on Meghan's thread already, but there are instances of her talking about sex openly in the past. 

• Love 10

I loved Joy calling McCain out for acting faux concerned for Democrats. Screw her and her craptastic “advice.”

I thought it was funny Whoopi decided to zero in on Sunny (and Sherri) for bringing up “friends,” but left out the biggest offenders (Elisabeth and Meghan). They have a friend for every occasion. A gay friend, a black friend, a Southern friend, a poor friend, etc. etc. And I agree with Sunny; who would still want to be around a friend who's dating your ex? Too bad she can't have a different opinion without Whoopi acting like a psycho.

I like Laine’s voice although I was hoping he would leave the Elvis schtick behind now that he’d won the show. Whoopi was being nice when she said he won because he had the IT factor... More like he was the country-leaning white guy option in the group and those win 9 times out of 10 on these shows. Hasn't there been a to-do about The Voice recently because they had around 5 country guys in the top 7 this season?

• Love 17
13 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

More like he was the country-leaning white guy option in the group and those win 9 times out of 10 on these shows.

I stopped watching AI years ago when Chris Daughtery didn't win.

13 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Hasn't there been a to-do about The Voice recently because they had around 5 country guys in the top 7 this season?

Yes there was.

• Love 2

I knew that wasn't just in my head. I love Kelly Clarkson, but I haven't been able to force myself to watch The Voice the past two seasons just for her.

I couldn't help laughing when McCain talked about "trashiness" in regards to anyone but herself. And unlike Paula and Sara, who are practically English ladies in comparison to her, she watches that Real Housewives garbage and idolizes those surgical experiments.

• LOL 10
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, movingtargetgal said:

People are tuning in to see Meghan lose it on air.  It seems that her behavior is getting worse and she is derailing the show.   Next season is an important political year and I can't see the TPTB will want Meghan to continue to diminish the reputation of the show. 

I think that's the part that ABC and the producers of the show care about.  More eyeballs means more advertising dollars which is why the show is basically all commercials now.  And Meghan's being on the show has added to the show's presence on social media platforms which is sadly a big deal now.  And they don't care if it's negative. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
5 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Loved the back and forth between Joy and Sunny and Meghan just finally saying fine and stopped talking.  They were subtly icing  her out and it was wonderful to watch.

That is the best way to deal with a petulant child - just not deal with them!  Meghan doesn't seem to get it, though.  

• Love 22
1 hour ago, OnTime said:

Meghan just loves to give out advice to the democrats running for president. Yesterday she was yapping on and on what Pete Buttigieg needs to do and today she yaps about how the democrats need to focus.

They are not sitting at the edge of their seats waiting to hear from her. Gosh she thinks entirely too much of her big self!!

She must have seen John Heilmann (sp?) on Nicolle Wallace's show yesterday who said the Dems need to do SOMETHING & quit whining.

• Love 6
(edited)
28 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I knew that wasn't just in my head. I love Kelly Clarkson, but I haven't been able to force myself to watch The Voice the past two seasons just for her.

I couldn't help laughing when McCain talked about "trashiness" in regards to anyone but herself. And unlike Paula and Sara, who are practically English ladies in comparison to her, she watches that Real Housewives garbage and idolizes those surgical experiments.

Great point. She pretty much called Sara and Paula trashy.  Erika Jayne her idol,  is what than?

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • LOL 8
  • Love 6

Wow. MM is getting worse.

I stopped watching AI when the first one ended. I kind of liked the Flame song. I wondered why there was no table and only stools.

Now I get it. 

Loved Joy (as usual I  love her)

My friend with a long term ex would be weird. I wouldn't die over it, but would not love it

• Love 7

Cementhead, I totally see your point.  The question I have is,  Has Meghan crossed the line.  Has the negative publicity that brought in eyeballs turned toxic?  Will advertisers not want to associate their products with Meghan?  Meghan's behavior has become more and more offensive.

• Love 16
1 minute ago, movingtargetgal said:

Cementhead, I totally see your point.  The question I have is,  Has Meghan crossed the line.  Has the negative publicity that brought in eyeballs turned toxic?  Will advertisers not want to associate their products with Meghan?  Meghan's behavior has become more and more offensive.

Let's hope so!!  I am totally there with you in wishing and hoping that her time is coming.  I just think that sadly we are in a time where bad people are getting rewarded for bad behaviour as long as their behaviour brings the eyeballs and the re-tweets and the likes.  Meghan would never have been allowed to get away with this crap before say, hmmm, 2016.🤨

• Love 21
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

But the show wasn’t the topic. Fans’ reaction to the show was the topic. 

Speaking of reactions, Meh must be really upset about the negative publicity about her spilling the beans. She’s snarling at everyone. 

Including the person whose phone went off while she was talking. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

Probably because she is getting raked over the coals online for her GOT spoiler.

I'm sure Meghan thinks everyone hates her because blah blah blah. But any negative attention Meghan receives is because of  her own actions.

The reaction was made worse by her tone-deaf apology. Had she been more like "I'm so sorry. I wasn't thinking" she would have had less negative reaction than "It's the producers' fault. Oh wait, I mean it's your own fault for not watching live. No wait, definitely the producers. WHAT DO YOU PEOPLE WANT FROM ME!?!?"

2 hours ago, Haleth said:

But the show wasn’t the topic. Fans’ reaction to the show was the topic. 

Speaking of reactions, Meh must be really upset about the negative publicity about her spilling the beans. She’s snarling at everyone. 

Right.  All the other talk shows were able to discuss GoT without giving away specific details of the ending.   Talking about the number of people who watched, about how the popular series has reached its end after x number of seasons/episodes, how the reactions of fans are mixed, with some people being angry at the way the series ended.  All can be discussed without giving away plot points.   

• Love 21

Wow!  MM is really angry with someone!  As Whoopie was talking about people refusing to appear before Congress who have received subpoenas, MM brought up collusion - I liked how Whoopie said that she was talking about that, she was talking about the people refusing to appear and how they were "buddies" of the orange guy.  MM didn't seem to like that and mumbled on about someone saying it was collusion (?) - not quite sure what she meant.

Joy's asking MM if MM was going to vote Democrat because she seems so concerned about "mistakes" that (in MM's opinion) they are making. That was priceless 🙂 

I enjoyed how Joy, during Housewives discussion, said something "da, da, da, da,da" in place of words 🙂 

• LOL 4
  • Love 16

Meghan might have been at her highest level of bitch today. I was sitting here mouth-agape when she called out Sara and Paula's behavior on past seasons as "trashy."

I loved Joy and Sunny trolling her throughout HT. Snarky Sunny is my favorite.

• Love 22
4 minutes ago, pinguina said:

I enjoyed how Joy, during Housewives discussion, said something "da, da, da, da,da" in place of words 🙂 

And I love how Whoopi genuinely laughed at the da da da. It was a cute moment.

• Love 14

I agree that Meghan is probably uncomfortable discussing sex knowing her family is watching. I always wonder if people in the public ever think how what they say affects their families. I don’t blame Meghan for keeping her mouth mostly zipped regarding sex.

It does sound like she was a piece of work as usual today, so I’m sure after watching the episode I’ll go back to my posts complaining about her attitude!

• Love 4
(edited)

Good God!  What crawled up MMs fat ass and how did it manage to get passed that giant stick that is already up there.  8 minutes into the show and my stomach was already upset by the tension.  She was especially nasty and obnoxious today.  And that is saying a lot! And I swear, she acts like she has a crystal ball and sees all and knows all about the upcoming political fight. 

And thank you Joy for the question about if she would vote dem.  Stopped her dead. 👏🏻

I had a good friend that dated my ex.  I was rooting for them because he was just one of those that needed some care taking.

Edited by Lifesabeach
  • LOL 3
  • Love 17
32 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan is so full of shit.  She is not a prude when it comes to talking about sex.  She wrote a fucking book called Dirty Sexy Politics.  She has said she is strictly dickly.  She has laughed about knowing what motorboating is.  This clutching her pearls about sex is just part of her role as conservative killjoy.

I never knew any of this, which makes my dislike of her even more intense. I have a friend who does the " clutching of pearls" (love that term), and it is old and phony, since she's been married twice, (one divorce), claims to know so little about sex, and fakes embarrassment whenever the subject comes up. Drives me crazy!

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, Lilaclily said:

Her talking about sex on television, should be the least of her worries of exposing her family to. Her behaviour should be what she worries about them seeing. 

Meghan should join The Real Housewives herself 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, atlantaloves said:

TO THE VIEW: Ha, nope, they don't cast housewives that are obese.  Sorry Meeeeegan. (I wish they would take her, she makes me sick on our show)

Erika Jayne is her hero. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

Watching Meghan wet herself the day Erika Jayne performed was and still is one of the most cringe worthy things I have ever seen on this show.  Remember that?  She almost passed out.  It was a sight to see. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 3

MM referring to Paula and Sara (who she worked with everyday for a year) as “lovely people” was the equivalent to a Southerner saying “Well bless your heart!”

shady shady shady. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, deaja said:

The reaction was made worse by her tone-deaf apology. Had she been more like "I'm so sorry. I wasn't thinking" she would have had less negative reaction than "It's the producers' fault. Oh wait, I mean it's your own fault for not watching live. No wait, definitely the producers. WHAT DO YOU PEOPLE WANT FROM ME!?!?"

I suspect this was the reason for her bitchy mood before she even hauled herself onto the stool.  She probably got a reprimand this morning for blaming the producers (which was covered in media reports) when the spoiler alert note was written on her blue cards.

• LOL 3
  • Love 16
3 hours ago, merriebreeze said:

She said in 2000 a republican won. Yes, because Nader siphoned votes from Gore.

She said in 2000 a republican won. Yes, McIDIOT, because Green Party Nader siphoned votes from Democrat Gore.

(So she can't even subract or add?)

• LOL 4
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

She could also join the military. 

She has said she's too old.  She's NOT too old to join the Army (age limit: 35), but she would HAVE to join the Navy as a legacy.  Ahhh...so sad, she just missed the age cut of 34.  She did proclaim herself too old when she was still 33.

Can you IMAGINE how she would fare in a system where there are stringent rules and chain of command?  Oh, it's a dream sitcom!

• LOL 5
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

I agree that Meghan is probably uncomfortable discussing sex knowing her family is watching. I always wonder if people in the public ever think how what they say affects their families. I don’t blame Meghan for keeping her mouth mostly zipped regarding sex.

Sex Talk by Meghan is probably the last thing her family is worried about.  Her snarling, screeching, overtalking, lying, bitchiness, general rudeness, AND mean personality overshadow anything she could possibly mention on network TV.

• Love 15
3 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

Can you IMAGINE how she would fare in a system where there are stringent rules and chain of command?  Oh, it's a dream sitcom!

But she is John McCain's daughter damn it!!!!  Surely the rules would be relaxed for her.

19 minutes ago, bannana said:

I suspect this was the reason for her bitchy mood before she even hauled herself onto the stool.  She probably got a reprimand this morning for blaming the producers (which was covered in media reports) when the spoiler alert note was written on her blue cards.

I finished reading the View book last night and producers on this show can be your best friend or your worst enemy.  Meghan better watch herself.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14
(edited)

Oooh, Meghan was so upset that Joy said that the Republicans in Congress should be thrown in jail. Then Joy asked her if she had ever heard of hyperbole. Any bets on Meghan knowing the definition of that word? Maybe she should look up the word insufferable too and know that it applies to her. I can't imagine anyone else on a television talk show getting away with the behavior she displayed today. They may think if they fire her she will have a complete breakdown. Or, yes, they may like the ratings that she might be generating. It's really a disgusting spectacle. 

Edited by Kenz
  • LOL 2
  • Love 15
3 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

Sex Talk by Meghan is probably the last thing her family is worried about.  Her snarling, screeching, overtalking, lying, bitchiness, general rudeness, AND mean personality overshadow anything she could possibly mention on network TV.

I can’t argue with that.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I thought it was funny Whoopi decided to zero in on Sunny (and Sherri) for bringing up “friends,” but left out the biggest offenders (Elisabeth and Meghan). They have a friend for every occasion. A gay friend, a black friend, a Southern friend, a poor friend, etc. etc.

And we believed each of them every.freakin'.time.  Didn't we (heh heh)?

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Kenz said:

Then Joy asked her if she had ever heard of hyperbole. Any bets on Meghan knowing the definition of that word?

She did look confused by that.  Meghan can use all the big words she wants. Girl just ain't that smart.

• LOL 9
  • Love 5

This article does a very thorough recap of that messy hot topic today.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/meghan-mccain-demands-to-be-taken-seriously-by-the-view-co-hosts/ar-AABH03n?li=BBnbfcL

Whoopi was clearly frustrated with Nutmeg's ornery display today.  When Whoopi gently tried to get her back to what they were talking about, NutMeg defensively says she was responding to what Sunny was saying.

When Joy asked her if she was going to vote for a Democrat, NutMeg said she didn't like any of the Democrats, at which point Sunny interjected that she likes Biden.  For some strange reason NutMeg took great offense, and with the upper lip snarling, she sputtered that of course she likes Joe Biden, everyone knows that.  With her head shaking, lip snarling and jerky glances toward the audience, she said that Biden helped her through her father's death, and announced that one only had to read her Instagram to know how much she likes Biden.  WTF made her react negatively to something that required a simple response like, yes, I do like Biden?

She also then corrected Joy about the Ralph Nader point, after someone talked in her ear.  She announced that Bush, a Republican won.  Which was exactly what Joy had said, and Joy told her, that's what I said, but NutMeg continued to correct her.🤦‍♀️

And then the most hilarious disaster was with the fugly View jacket for the AI winner.  She asked him to put it on now, not thinking that he is miked.  So that didn't work and she exuberantly says that she will wear it for him.  Over her leopard print jumpsuit. 🤣

• LOL 13
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, blondiec0332 said:
3 minutes ago, Kenz said:

Then Joy asked her if she had ever heard of hyperbole. Any bets on Meghan knowing the definition of that word?

She did look confused by that.  Meghan can use all the big words she wants. Girl just ain't that smart.

It's not part of a large marijuana pipe?

• LOL 11
  • Love 3

Bananna...I just took the poll at the end of the "Daily Beast" article you posted.  Check out these SHOCKING results!   We're in for sum trubble....

Which 'View' co-host do you agree with most often?

• 33%  Whoopi Goldberg
  • 18%  Joy Behar
  • 35%  Meghan McCain
  • 6%    Sunny Hostin
  • 9%    Abby Huntsman