Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 5/20/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

(edited)
14 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

Bananna...I just took the poll at the end of the "Daily Beast" article you posted.  Check out these SHOCKING results!   We're in for sum trubble....

Which 'View' co-host do you agree with most often?

• 33%  Whoopi Goldberg
  • 18%  Joy Behar
  • 35%  Meghan McCain
  • 6%    Sunny Hostin
  • 9%    Abby Huntsman

Oh Lord please dont let her see this, and you know she will

Sigh

Edited by Tammee
Stoopid Stoopid Stoopid
16 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

Bananna...I just took the poll at the end of the "Daily Beast" article you posted.  Check out these SHOCKING results!   We're in for sum trubble....

• 33%  Whoopi Goldberg
  • 18%  Joy Behar
  • 35%  Meghan McCain
  • 6%    Sunny Hostin
  • 9%    Abby Huntsman

What in the world, Meghan came in first??? And how are people agreeing more often with Abby than Sunny?!

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

• 33%  Whoopi Goldberg
  • 18%  Joy Behar
  • 35%  Meghan McCain
  • 6%    Sunny Hostin
  • 9%    Abby Huntsman

All we know about that poll is that some people took it.  It could be the same people voting for Meghan over and over again.

• LOL 2
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, TheView said:

Meghan should join The Real Housewives herself 

God, please NO!!!!  I am one of those people who enjoy the mindless, ridiculous, silly entertainment of the Real Housewives, and would hate to have to stop watching!!  

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
29 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

What in the world, Meghan came in first??? And how are people agreeing more often with Abby than Sunny?!

I looked at the results of the 3 other poll questions. Most of the voters were men over 55.  I'm surprised that demo reads the daily beast. Or watches the view for that matter.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 7
  • Love 6

Meghan was so angry today. I don't see how her contract will get renewed past this season. The tension was palpable and she looked on the verge of tears. I also noted a lightheartedness in Joy and Sunny and it makes me wonder...maybe someone's contract didn't get renewed? I can only hope.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 13

Some other funny stuff today that I forgot about because of Nutmeg's melt down.  When they were interviewing the AI guy, NutMeg kept getting excited when he talked about crawfishing and going on the river, and other country activities.  She also excitedly gave a shout out to his home town!

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
Just now, thejuicer said:

Meghan was so angry today. I don't see how her contract will get renewed past this season. The tension was palpable and she looked on the verge of tears. I also noted a lightheartedness in Joy and Sunny and it makes me wonder...maybe someone's contract didn't get renewed? I can only hope.

I’d love a bright, polite woman who can engage in a respectful debate and be part of the fun, lighthearted topics as well. If Meghan’s contract isn’t renewed, please let her replacement be someone likable! 

• Love 14
(edited)
9 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I’d love a bright, polite woman who can engage in a respectful debate and be part of the fun, lighthearted topics as well. If Meghan’s contract isn’t renewed, please let her replacement be someone likable! 

How about Patricia Heaton? Michelle Malkin  or Ann Coulter would be great tv, but I think Sunny and Joy would lose their minds if one of them were hosts. 

Edited by ching5411
Typo
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, ching5411 said:

How about Patricia Heaton? Michelle Malkin  or Ann Coulter would be great tv, but I think Sunny and Joy would lose their minds if one of them were hosts. 

SO would I. I detest Heaton probably more than MM.

• LOL 2
  • Love 15

Regarding that Poll, obviously the people who voted were Republicans.......or friends of MM, that is, if she has any! I don't believe any poll results anymore. As another poster remarked, most of the voters were men over 55, and were probably wearing their red  MAGA hats!!! These same men are conned by trump and MM also.Hats too tight???

hat GIF

• LOL 3
  • Love 7

Just watched to see Sunny and Joy's tag team which was a thing of beauty. That was done perfectly, they shut Meghan down without actually looking like they were actively doing that, and Meghan just looked whiny and petulant. That was a very intelligent way of dealing with her.

• Love 20
13 minutes ago, ching5411 said:

Malkin and Coulter are probably much worse than MM.....no one is more hate filled than those two. As for Heaton, meh....I think she is over-rated as an actress, and never really knew that much about her. There has to be more polished, professional Republican women than those three, who could restore The View to it's original format.........no screeching, no yelling, no nasty behavior toward the other hosts. Where the heck is she????

• Love 13
27 minutes ago, ching5411 said:

I am leaning more towards SE Cupp or just seeing what they can do to bring Ana on full time.  I don't think Heaton, Malkin or Coulter would do well.  

• Love 11

Nutmeg didn't react to Joy's 'hyperbole' comment because she didn't recognize it.  She's probably been mispronouncing it her whole life.   In her head, it's said hyper bowl.  Dingbat.

• LOL 11
  • Love 5

And she's actually said she can't join the military because she's too old?  Cut off age is 35?  Well, she's had 17+ years to have joined up, if she really was as patriotic as she alleges she is.   Her brothers managed to sign up in plenty of time.

• Love 24

I can see S.E. Cupp as a worthy addition to the panel.   She kind of chills my blood as she's so NON-warm and cuddly, but she'd be eons better than Nutty.  Plus I think she's genuinely smart, not make-believe smart.   However, I would pay Comcast extra if that's what it took to get Ana to the table.  

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, PennyPie18 said:

Malkin and Coulter are probably much worse than MM.....no one is more hate filled than those two. As for Heaton, meh....I think she is over-rated as an actress, and never really knew that much about her. There has to be more polished, professional Republican women than those three, who could restore The View to it's original format.........no screeching, no yelling, no nasty behavior toward the other hosts. Where the heck is she????

Candice Owens is as bad as Megan. She is a Black conservative and she is the most repellent woman that I have had the displeasure of watching on TV. I was truly appalled by her atrocious behavior, she made me embarrass to be Black. She is trying to get the Black community to leave the Democratic party, her pathetic movement is called "walk away". The idiot has no idea that this movement was started by Russian bots online and she is being used. It pains me to say this about a woman of color but it is what it is. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, bannana said:

When Joy asked her if she was going to vote for a Democrat, NutMeg said she didn't like any of the Democrats, at which point Sunny interjected that she likes Biden.  For some strange reason NutMeg took great offense, and with the upper lip snarling, she sputtered that of course she likes Joe Biden, everyone knows that.  With her head shaking, lip snarling and jerky glances toward the audience, she said that Biden helped her through her father's death, and announced that one only had to read her Instagram to know how much she likes Biden.  WTF made her react negatively to something that required a simple response like, yes, I do like Biden?

That probably hit a nerve because Saturday Night Live just mocked the ladies' love for Joe Biden.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Ann Coulter would just have massive blowups with Whoopi and Joy everyday and she would spread outright propaganda. That recent book on The View said the main demo is black women, then Latino women, white women and Asian women. Coulter would not go over well with WOC, their primary audience. 

I watched a long interview with Patricia Heston about her career. Politics were not mentioned and she came across well and could certainly hold her own on a panel. I believe she is very pro life and I would fear she would bring that as her “party piece” even more than McCain and I can see a big power struggle with Whoopi. 

I’d like to see Abby replaced by a 20 something and Meghan replaced by someone who is not a “political animal”. Someone more representative of the average right leaning American and doesn’t have the wealth and privilege McCain and Huntsman have always known. I have no idea where they would find people who are TV ready, perhaps they could look to local TV stations. I’ve often wondered if a non-American cohost would work. Someone who has immigrated here as an adult, it’s often useful to get the view of an outsider who can see things that those of us enmeshed in the culture can’t. 

• Love 16
(edited)
2 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

It's not part of a large marijuana pipe?

Yeah, maybe Joy should have used the Whoopi pronunciation- hyper bowl. Maybe Meg didn't recognize the word pronounced correctly. 

Sorry, Ladyrain. You said it first but I posted before realizing there was another page of posts. 

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Ladyrain said:

And she's actually said she can't join the military because she's too old?  Cut off age is 35?  Well, she's had 17+ years to have joined up, if she really was as patriotic as she alleges she is.   Her brothers managed to sign up in plenty of time.

Back when I toyed with the army one had to be less than a certain weight and my friend, who was not even chubby, almost didn't meet that qualification because she was close to too heavy.  I suspect Meghan isn't in good enough shape, not that she is too old.  I am not bagging on her weight, just that in the olden days at least one had to be semi fit and not overweight.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

Candice Owens is as bad as Megan. She is a Black conservative and she is the most repellent woman that I have had the displeasure of watching on TV. I was truly appalled by her atrocious behavior, she made me embarrass to be Black. She is trying to get the Black community to leave the Democratic party, her pathetic movement is called "walk away". The idiot has no idea that this movement was started by Russian bots online and she is being used. It pains me to say this about a woman of color but it is what it is. 

preach heben nigatu GIF

• Love 7
2 hours ago, njbchlover said:

God, please NO!!!!  I am one of those people who enjoy the mindless, ridiculous, silly entertainment of the Real Housewives, and would hate to have to stop watching!!  

Me too. Yes it's ridiculous and silly. Sometimes after too much news, you need to block it out.  

No Meghan on HW. I dislike some of them for completely stupid reason like when they are sloppy drunk food is stuck to their glossy lips or one certain HW  has to do the splits at least twice a season 😂 I know it's silly. I dont need Meghan on there.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Me too. Yes it's ridiculous and silly. Sometimes after too much news, you need to block it out.  

No Meghan on HW. I dislike some of them for completely stupid reason like when they are sloppy drunk food is stuck to their glossy lips or one certain HW  has to do the splits at least twice a season 😂 I know it's silly. I dont need Meghan on there.

Although wouldn’t you love to see Meghan do the splits?

Edited by Bronzedog
  • LOL 8

Regarding the poll, yeah, I wouldn't put too much stock in that.  I used to belong to a fan group and any and every internet poll link would be brought to our fan forum so we could all spam our fave to the top of the poll.  Even if you can only vote once, there are ways, such as deleting cookies, to enable you to vote more than once.  There's probably a handful of Meghan fans and they're voting their fingers off.  What I don't understand is Whoopi's high ranking.  Maybe there's a Whoopi fan club out there working overtime on this.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

What I've always thought. She fancies herself the most patriotic, pro-military person out there. I know many people who've actually served and are so humble about their service to this country. Meghan goes on and on about the military yet she's had about as much military service as me, NONE. I guess since according to her, she's been in politics all her life, she's also been in the military all her life in a way due to her brothers. 

Sorry, if this got too OT!

• LOL 4
  • Love 8

So I had two View’s in my DVR today. I deleted yesterday’s, because it was pre-empted for the inaugural ceremonies for the mayors of Chicago. 

I’m watching Meh spoil GoT and I find it very telling that they didn’t cut or edit that part out in an effort to have her save face. No, they kept it in for the entire Chicagoland market. Hopefully the network is done with her too. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
13 minutes ago, boochay8888 said:

So what’s the over/under on Ms. Megs being “sick” tomorrow?

prayer lettuce pray GIF by Challenge

MM was so unpleasant today and I don't think she did any screeching, it was all attitude. Was she told ⚠️ to not raise her voice today? The Housewives segment was so awkward. They obviously had that segment for Meghan but she didn't really participate beside calling her ex-coworkers - trashy. Tho she was smiley for the rest of the show so I guess it worked.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Tammee said:

Oh Lord please dont let her see this, and you know she will

Sigh

This showed up under my name in Tammee's post.  I didn't write it (about the Popular Meghan poll).  Ah...computers.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Coffeewinewater said:
1 hour ago, Bronzedog said:

Although wouldn’t you love to see Meghan do the splits?

Absolutely NOT😵

Well...I might want to see the paramedics show up to try to get her up off the floor.

4 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan's publicist probably has paid people voting for Meghan.

Is his name Ben?

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, bannana said:

When they were interviewing the AI guy, NutMeg kept getting excited when he talked about crawfishing and going on the river, and other country activities.  She also excitedly gave a shout out to his home town!

She also proclaimed that FLASHY "The View" jacket they presented to him was "like Johnny Cash."  Poor little ig-nernt country girl wannabe (expert on All Things Country).  Johnny Cash, The Man in Black, NOT The Man in BLING!  His clothes weren't flashy, his guitars weren't flashy. (I hope that poor kid has what it takes to live the life of a solo musician.)

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, geekburger said:

The interview with the AI winner was an awkward hot ass mess. From start to finish. 

He's a cute/talented 18-year-old boy who needs 4-5 more years of performing AND some college experiences and education.  He's not ready for this stuff; I don't know if he has what it takes, personalitywise.  He was SO uncomfortable... and Meg didn't help.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, bannana said:

Pretty Funny!  I like this part: "After the commercial break, The View picked up the discussion once again. When Hostin asked McCain if she likes Biden more than the other Democratic candidates, the conservative co-host exploded. 'Everyone knows I like Joe Biden,' she fired back. 'I’m not changing your minds this morning. And honestly, I’ve said all I have to say'."

If that pathetic little snowflake...melting snowflake truly thinks she's there to change the minds of the panel (or anyone), she needs someone she admires and trusts to sit her down and explain the facts.  EGAD, that princess gets dumber and more irritating every day.  

• Love 15
5 hours ago, geekburger said:

The interview with the AI winner was an awkward hot ass mess. From start to finish. 

I know Hardy has said he's a shy, reserved person. The celebrity side of being an entertainer would be more difficult than the music side for him. I thought he came across sweet.

It didn't help that McCain put on her faux middle of the country schtick by latching onto a country singer from Louisiana, and Joy and Sunny seemed to be leaning on their stools instead of sitting. Joy looked too short for hers and I don't blame her for not wanting to take a risk of falling, but Sunny's issue was her dress looked as if it would rip if she tried to sit properly. You'd think they'd have given her something different to wear considering.

• Love 9