Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 5/20/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Another day, another stick  up Nutmeg’s ass. Again she’s indirectly posing her comments toward Joy. What a bitch. Damn  wish I was there right now to see what’s going on in between the commercials. It looks like they were still talking it out. Whoopi is trying to tell her to find some humor but nooo MM rather sit and stew in anger.  And her pink blouse is literally blinding me. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
1 minute ago, Alexis2291 said:

Meghan, you're not in Republican leadership. You're not in Congress. Once again, when Sunny or Joy say they want to hear from Republicans about something, they're talking about people who are in office. It's not that difficult to understand.

It is difficult for her to understand.  Her whole identity is built around being a Republican.  She hears someone say Republican and she thinks they mean her.

• LOL 4
  • Love 16

Just read my TiVo guide description of today's episode: 

"'Allison Williams,' Whoopi Goldberg, Joy Behar, Paula Feris, Sara Haines, Sunny Hostin, and Jedediah Bila discuss the events of the day."

If only, TiVo. If only.

• LOL 8
  • Love 14
1 minute ago, blondiec0332 said:

It is difficult for her to understand.  Her whole identity is built around being a Republican.  She hears someone say Republican and she thinks they mean her.

But she hates identity politics!

• LOL 16
  • Love 7
(edited)
3 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

At this point I think she does it on purpose to derail the conversation when Sunny or Joy are making points in which she can't refute.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Useful 1
  • Love 18

Isn't Meggie always complaining about how she hates everything becoming political?   Then the first words out of her gloppy glossy mess of a neon pink mouth concerning Michael Avenatti legal troubles are:  "Just goes to show you that if you hate trump enough . .blah. . blah . . words . . words ".   

• Love 16
11 minutes ago, WonderWuman73 said:

Another day, another stick  up Nutmeg’s ass

This should be the catch phrase for the show.   It sums the whole sorry mess up just perfectly.

• LOL 6
  • Love 14
34 minutes ago, General Days said:

"'Allison Williams,' Whoopi Goldberg, Joy Behar, Paula Feris, Sara Haines, Sunny Hostin, and Jedediah Bila discuss the events of the day."

If only, TiVo. If only.

Ditto ... my local TV channel ... odd!!!

• Love 2
Just now, ari333 said:

I love Joy. I enjoy Sunny; And I even like Whoopi sometimes (shocker)

I like Whoopie sometimes as well.  The look on her face when Joy and Megan were still going at it when they were going to commercial reinforced my beliefs that she is over Megan as well.  She looked sad dejected and at a loss on how to deal with the princess of Arizona.  

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Megan is in a mood today and her false equivalencies are tiresome.  I am so happy that Joy is pushing back on her by mentioning Mitch McConnell who has called himself the grim reaper of Democratic bills in the senate.  I could write a book on here on how awful he is, but it would be off-topic.

I agree.  Sorry Meghan but it wasn’t the D’s whose leadership has said multiple times that there purpose is to block anything bipartisan or proposed by the other party.  The primary problem is the R’s Meghan and you should at least recognize that a little bit (has she ever criticized McConnell on the snow?)in your speeches.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, 17wheatthins said:

People watch for Meghan? 😂

I think people hate-watch for Meghan. And then people come here to read all the snarky awesome comments about Meghan. 

FEF48B5C-3757-4F2B-8CF5-42004AB96DB8.gif

Exactly!

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Tosia said:

They have all reassured Nutmeg numerous times that they are NOT meaning her when they say Republican.

It's a dog whistle for her.  Because her brain is as small as a dog.  Except dogs are wonderful. 

She will never get it. First, because she's stupid,  and second, because she doesn't want to get it.  Reinforces her special snowflake victim status,  doncha know.  

I would love it if they said yeah, I mean you!  Whatcha gonna do about it?  And you are right, for someone who uses the term snowflake as an insult, she isn't quite as hearty as a snowflake.  Biggest effin whiner.  

Edited by Natalie68
spelling is important
  • Love 12

good thing this week is short, they should have had Ana today.

i'm assuming they are off on monday too.

MM takes republican so personal because when she makes statements about dems she is taking jabs at her cohost.

MM was talking about the co-host making jokes but Joy didn't realize at first she was referring to them instead of dems in power.

They make statements about republicans in power and MM cries a river "No I don't" "Yes i do."

2 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I would love it if they said yeah, I mean you!  Whatcha gonna do about it? 

I can picture Ana doing this.

• LOL 2
  • Love 13
14 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I would love it if they said yeah, I mean you!  Whatcha gonna do about it?  And you are right, for someone who uses the term snowflake as an insult, she isn't quite as hearty as a snowflake.  Biggest effin whiner.  

The reality is that they ARE actually meaning Meghan when they are talking about Republicans even though they pretend that they’re not.

• Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

I guess Meghan took her bitch pills this morning...

And forgot  she took them so took them again. 

I loved Allison Willams outfit! It was funny when Joy asked about being Italian she responded why because I look like I’m making balloon animals? Obviously it’s been brought to her attention before. 

It continually angers me how MM is always trying to  accuse Joy of using humor or joking about something she deems serious. First off she wasn’t doing that ( anymore than Whoopi was) second I have no use for humorous less people.  Comics have been my salvation in the last couple of years. 

Edited by athousandclowns
Past tense
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

But she hates identity politics!

But in high school, she hated algebra and loved politics. Was politics even tought in high school?

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, ching5411 said:

The reality is that they ARE actually meaning Meghan when they are talking about Republicans even though they pretend that they’re not.

I don't agree.  I see it as they are referencing DC.  I don't assume Meghan is referencing the panel Dems when she refers to Dems.

• Love 14
4 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I don't agree.  I see it as they are referencing DC.  I don't assume Meghan is referencing the panel Dems when she refers to Dems.

Joy certainly does. That’s why there are always lots of fireworks between her and Meghan.

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, 17wheatthins said:

I don’t see that. I feel like they’re talking about Republicans as a whole. MM is not a “typical” republican because many of her personal beliefs are not in line with the party...I believe the others when they say they don’t mean MM specifically. 

And Joy and Sunny and Whoopi have told her that when she gets all whiny, they are not talking about her, but the ones in Congress; the ones who have the power. Last I checked, Her Twatness doesn't have any legislative or judicial power.

21 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

They're not talking about her, though. Meghan isn't an elected official. She holds zero legislative power. Sunny and Joy have repeatedly told Meghan they're referring to Republican leadership. 

Yep.

11 minutes ago, ching5411 said:

Joy certainly does. That’s why there are always lots of fireworks between her and Meghan.

No, she doesn't. I have never heard Joy turn to this whiny whiner and wail "I'M NOT LIKE THAT!!!!" or "I didn't say that!" or "I didn't do that!" like this piece of shit does. And if she has, can you provide the source or clip where Joy personally takes affront at the bullshit Meghan spews?

• Love 17
2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I would love it if they said yeah, I mean you!  Whatcha gonna do about it?

Natalie68...this gave me an idea for another line...but dare I attempt any humor about this particular panelist?

Yeah, I mean You as in the Royal "You," Princess!

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Tosia said:

They have all reassured Nutmeg numerous times that they are NOT meaning her when they say Republican.

Production (surely there are some who would relish this) should print SPECIAL (secret) blue cards for each of the panelists (except Meghan).  When she huffs about being called "Republicans," they can each or all (depending on the situation) hold up the card that says in BOLD-BOLD-BOLD letters:

I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT YOU!

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Tosia said:

It's a dog whistle for her.  Because her brain is as small as a dog.  Except dogs are wonderful. 

...and smart, observant, intuitive, loyal, loving, funny, fun, and nonjudgmental (most of the time).  Too bad they can't speak English weh-ohh.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

Meghan, seriously, get over yourself... your not a member of Congress.. no one is talking about you when they say “the Republicans “.  I can’t speak for anybody else, but I have , over the years, been on again, off again with the View.  It usually depends on the panel.   I actually used to like the younger, funner, down to earth Meghan McCain.   I dont know who this angry, vain valley girl is.  I watch now, pretty faithfully because it has become so political.  I wasn’t in vitro at any convention, but I’ve always kind of been a political junkie.  Any McCain melt down is a bonus, and I look forward to the day when she’s had enough, or they’ve had enough of her

• Love 16

Meghan McCain is the most humourless, dour person on TV.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/meghan-mccain-demands-the-view-hosts-stop-mocking-trump-put-this-crap-aside

NutMeg wants them to apologize to Stormy Daniels.  Joy seeks to understand what they have to apologize for.  NutMeg sputters something about having Avenatti on.  Um, NutMeg, he's Stormy's lawyer, that is why he was on.  Whoopi tried to explain this, but NutMeg still ranted that they had him on several times.  Oh, and she managed to point out that SHE never believed him. 🤦‍♀️ 

So she is now also criticizing her employers.

And the only reason she is having all this Stormy love is because Stormy said in the interview with the NYT that she appreciated NutMeg asking her questions that were off limits, but that allowed her to address those issues.  That little interview probably had NutMeg rubbing it in later with the producers who are trying to stifle her.

The whole "not finding this funny thing" was an approach she often used in her first year on the show, and now it's back.  It's stupid, juvenile and judgemental on her part.

But my biggest laugh today came when they were talking about Game of Thrones with Allison and NutMeg kept dramatically repeating spoiler alert and huffing about you can't talk about the finale or you will get in trouble.  Someone (maybe Joy) said  everyone knows the ending by now.  But NutMeg just had to go on and on about it.  She is so embarrassing, but has no clue that she is.

• Love 17
On 5/22/2019 at 12:24 PM, ching5411 said:

As much as many don’t want to admit, Meghan probably IS the reason. What else has changed on the show in the last two years besides Meghan?

Im game for testing that theory. 🤗  lets get rid of her and see if they go up some more heee. 😸

• LOL 4
  • Love 12

She said recently that her husband is a libertarian. A few forums I used to frequent (not political forums - fitness and travel) were ruined by angry young male libertarians who turned every thread into a political thread and bullied other posters into submission. Anyone they didn’t like was either a snowflake or a cuck. I had an a-ha moment when Meghan revealed her husband’s affiliation and I wondered if that’s where the anger is coming from, if he hasn’t influenced her a bit in recent years. I was surprised to see younger Meghan being fairly likeable in old clips. She had a good sense of humor then too. These days when she says she likes to party in Vegas and listen to Howard Stern it doesn’t fit with the image she presents on The View but watching old clips you can see that side of her. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 12

do her friends, family, or literally anyone let her know how embarrassing her behavior is? Its like letting your friend go out on tv wearing a trash bag except the trash bag is her attitude not her outfit. 

• Love 14

Where are the Guest cohosts? Why aren’t there guest cohosts? Or at least Ana!

I hope they aren’t forgoing them since at the beginning of the season they didn’t have them for MMs absence.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, SPinCA said:

She said recently that her husband is a libertarian. A few forums I used to frequent (not political forums - fitness and travel) were ruined by angry young male libertarians who turned every thread into a political thread and bullied other posters into submission. Anyone they didn’t like was either a snowflake or a cuck. I had an a-ha moment when Meghan revealed her husband’s affiliation and I wondered if that’s where the anger is coming from, if he hasn’t influenced her a bit in recent years. I was surprised to see younger Meghan being fairly likeable in old clips. She had a good sense of humor then too. These days when she says she likes to party in Vegas and listen to Howard Stern it doesn’t fit with the image she presents on The View but watching old clips you can see that side of her. 

Yes, there is such a disconnect of Meghan McCain from 10 years ago and today.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, SPinCA said:

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a divorce in a few years and she starts being fun again. I think she gave a lot of her identity away in her relationship with him, and was quick to get married because her father was terminally ill. Friends of mine did the same because the bride's mother was ill and the wedding felt more like a grad party than  anything formal. They were divorced by 27.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, bannana said:

The whole "not finding this funny thing" was an approach she often used in her first year on the show, and now it's back.  It's stupid, juvenile and judgemental on her part.

Cruisin' for a bruisin' with Whoopi.  She's had people overlook her antics all her life (far, far too long).  She will get her comeuppance some day.  I hope we get to watch.

• Love 12
9 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:
10 hours ago, General Days said:

If only, TiVo. If only.

Ditto ... my local TV channel ... odd!!!

It's as if there is a silent war going on by the unknown people in charge of TV descriptions.

3 hours ago, SPinCA said:

She said recently that her husband is a libertarian.

She did and it makes no sense since libertarians believe in minimal government.  

• Love 6
7 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And Joy and Sunny and Whoopi have told her that when she gets all whiny, they are not talking about her, but the ones in Congress; the ones who have the power. Last I checked, Her Twatness doesn't have any legislative or judicial power.

Yep.

No, she doesn't. I have never heard Joy turn to this whiny whiner and wail "I'M NOT LIKE THAT!!!!" or "I didn't say that!" or "I didn't do that!" like this piece of shit does. And if she has, can you provide the source or clip where Joy personally takes affront at the bullshit Meghan spews?

When Meghan gives “advice” to Democrats on how to beat Trump, Joy often says something like what do you expect us to do? Meghan is not specifically referring to Joy, but Joy considers herself a Democrat (which obviously she is).

• Love 1

Dream panel right now imo: Whoopi, Sunny, Sara Haines (please God bring her back she was a ray of sunshine and the moderate that Abby claims she is but clearly isn't), Joy, and Ana or literally any Republican that isn't Meghan I'd literally take Elizabeth she was dumb but at least she was professional and didn't act like she invented politics. 

• Love 11

I don't recall Joy asking MM advice on what dems should do. Am I missing something? I think Joy, Sunny and Whoopi know and even Ana does not suggest what they should do as dems.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13

MM is always giving dems 'advice' all on her own. The closest Joy has come asking MM for advice was probably this tuesday when Joy asks MM is she wants a democrat to win.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
19 hours ago, 17wheatthins said:

People watch for Meghan? 😂

I think people hate-watch for Meghan. And then people come here to read all the snarky awesome comments about Meghan. 

FEF48B5C-3757-4F2B-8CF5-42004AB96DB8.gif

Lol..guilty🙋🏻‍♀️...

can’t stand the b@%#*, but I like me some Joy , and the comments here are crazy hilarious 🤣

• Love 14
(edited)
9 hours ago, maggiemae said:

I don't recall Joy asking MM advice on what dems should do. Am I missing something? I think Joy, Sunny and Whoopi know and even Ana does not suggest what they should do as dems.

Since the hate for Meghan is so high (deservedly so) it’s difficult for many people to see when someone from their side does the same thing. Now that I’ve made you aware, just look for it.

Edited by ching5411
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, ching5411 said:
9 hours ago, maggiemae said:

Now that I’ve made you aware, just look for it.

If Joy asks Meghan for advice concerning Democrats she is being sarcastic.

• LOL 1
  • Love 16