Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 5/20/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, athousandclowns said:

She’s going to be even more insufferable now they’ve been named most influential political show on the New Yorker magazine.  I won’t be able to tolerate her. She thinks she’s responsible for it I’m sure. 

After reading the article, I'm pretty much convinced Meghan won't be going anywhere. Unless she decides to leave on her own.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/22/magazine/the-view-politics-tv.html

• Useful 1

Incredible that she blathers on about Dr Ben how he should be working on developing things that would help with what her father died from” that’s from a personal level”  then seconds later when Sunny said he could help families  like hers , MM pops up to say I don’t make it personal. STFU . Thank goodness Whoopi and the others stopped her from making it sound like it’s all come together since she joined. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, ari333 said:

I see your point, but why not pretend that she is horrified by Stern? You know, to keep up the facade. I find him disgusting for the reasons mentioned already

Whoopi and Joy seem to be the only two with the same hair everyday. I'm ok with it. MM's hair is.... IDK what

I suspect that Meghan's "I LOVE howard Stern!"  is actually more based on her husband being a fan, and telling her Stern was cool.  

Sara and Paula talking about , or really alluding to sex with their husbands is "trashy", but Stern talking about anal sex, asking guests about their sexual habits and pasts, is OK?   

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, ari333 said:

I see your point, but why not pretend that she is horrified by Stern? You know, to keep up the facade.

Starstruck?  He was right there and she completely forgot her Church Lady persona.

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

I suspect that Meghan's "I LOVE howard Stern!"  is actually more based on her husband being a fan, and telling her Stern was cool.

She was a fan decades before she heard of her husband.

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

Incredible that she blathers on about Dr Ben how he should be working on developing things that would help with what her father died from” that’s from a personal level”  then seconds later when Sunny said he could help families  like hers , MM pops up to say I don’t make it personal. STFU . Thank goodness Whoopi and the others stopped her from making it sound like it’s all come together since she joined. 

Isn't Carson a brain surgeon?  Meghan's dad died of brain cancer.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
15 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Sara and Paula talking about , or really alluding to sex with their husbands is "trashy", but Stern talking about anal sex, asking guests about their sexual habits and pasts, is OK?   

Exactly. It’s like how some people in her tribe were offended by Michelle Obama’s bare arms but Melania’s provocative, fake boobied, nudie modeling self epitomizes class. Give me a break! 

No offense to Republicans/fake boobs.

😉

Edited by RealHousewife
  • LOL 11
  • Love 13
52 minutes ago, CynicalGirl said:

After reading the article, I'm pretty much convinced Meghan won't be going anywhere. Unless she decides to leave on her own.

I read it.  You're right.  Heartbreaking.

• Love 5
(edited)
13 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Isn't Carson a brain surgeon?  Meghan's dad died of brain cancer.

Yep, she said he’d been working on brain stem tumors and it’s a shame he’s not helping families like  hers. 

Edited by athousandclowns
  • Love 5

Dear Sunny,

I will assume that you don't do your family's laundry.  You probably have "people" to do things like that.  First, applause for giving employment to those professionals.  Secondly, if you HAD done laundry, you would understand skid marks (you may need a slang dictionary).

This is merely one reason why you wouldn't want one of your employees* being nekkid in your home.  Think of your nice (no doubt expen$ive) designer chairs and sofas ...perhaps side tables, office chairs, a pool table!, barstools in the kitchen, your bed linens--even your carpeting...all the places someone might need to plant a bare bottom while spending time where you live.  I ask you to rethink your opinion.

*Dear Dog-Walker Employer.  Please invest in a black light gadget and check all the surfaces in your home.

• LOL 9
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Yes she does. She has said as much. 

As much as many don’t want to admit, Meghan probably IS the reason. What else has changed on the show in the last two years besides Meghan?

3 minutes ago, ching5411 said:

As much as many don’t want to admit, Meghan probably IS the reason. What else has changed on the show in the last two years besides Meghan?

This country has become very political.  There is so many more political things to talk about.  They also had great ratings in 2008 when that election was happening.

• Useful 2
  • Love 14

re·duc·tive

adjective    tending to present a subject or problem in a simplified form

One of Meghan's new words.  I think she meant to use it in a negative sense, but it was spot on when describing all the news/Internet coverage of the people dropping off and delivering OREOS to HUD Secretary Ben Carson's office.  He won't forget THIS appearance before Congress.

In the case of Trump's Administration choices, I think this one was well planned.  He wants HUD to fail.

• Love 11
40 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

Dear Sunny,

I will assume that you don't do your family's laundry.  You probably have "people" to do things like that.  First, applause for giving employment to those professionals.  Secondly, if you HAD done laundry, you would understand skid marks (you may need a slang dictionary).

This is merely one reason why you wouldn't want one of your employees* being nekkid in your home.  Think of your nice (no doubt expen$ive) designer chairs and sofas ...perhaps side tables, office chairs, a pool table!, barstools in the kitchen, your bed linens--even your carpeting...all the places someone might need to plant a bare bottom while spending time where you live.  I ask you to rethink your opinion.

*Dear Dog-Walker Employer.  Please invest in a black light gadget and check all the surfaces in your home.

Her nonchalance about this was gross. A contracted employee is there to do a job. Frolic on your own time in your own house. 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Then when sunny said something about he could help people like my family growing up in public housing,  I heard Meghan say "I'm not making this personal." Huh? What?

That was so bizarre, and she kept talking, throwing out random words and looking to the audience. The entire panel ignored her.

• LOL 3
  • Love 11
47 minutes ago, ching5411 said:

43 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

This country has become very political.  There is so many more political things to talk about.  They also had great ratings in 2008 when that election was happening.

42 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

The guy in the White House! 😉

I stopped watching after they fired Joy, and started watching Wendy Williams. Then came back during election season, when Jedidiah was still there. Couldn't stand her, but little did I know it was going to get worse lol. I also started watching MSNBC for the first time in my life.

I'd say I'm still watching now in spite of Meghan. 

(WW is still on opposite the View, so I dvr them both, watch WW Hot Topics, then switch to dvr version of the View. Then I can FF through all the commercials and still be done by 11 a.m. 😊 )

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
46 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

she is the first host on the View that tells it like it is

A good joke...she oughta go on tour!   She also needs to add that she often tells it like it ISN'T !    She's going to annoy Whoopi one time too many.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, ching5411 said:

I won't admit it because I don't believe it.  Many things on the show have changed (we lost Sara), but more things of interest to all the panelists on the show--and the viewers--have occurred in last two years.  Reporting on these...

• The vastly overstated number of people who attended President Trump's inauguration and all the laughs that brought
  • Meghan Markel married a prince.
  • Nancy Pelosi became Speaker of the House
  • President's Trump's lies
  • The number of people who left the Administration
  • 2017 Women's March (Pussyhat Project)
  • 34 freshmen WOMEN elected to Congress (32 of whom are Dems)
  • The Mueller Report
  • Abby: pregnant with twins
  • Whoopi's near-death experience
  • They didn't win an Emmy

Your turn...

• Love 20
9 hours ago, Tosia said:

Where in the hell did Nutmeg get the idea that she was supposed to change the minds of her Co hosts regarding her worries over the Dems?  

She spouted this inane nugget after  they were reacting to her irrational rally numbers that Nutmeg herself read off of her blue cards. Hubbie needs to check his stats more carefully.  More proof that MM doesn't think for herself, I mean, think in general. Or prep for a halfway sane discussion. She's the joke.  

It was funny. 10,000 show up in a town of 4,000. 🙂 Sure, right. 6, 000 drive in, sure, (not 9,000) .  Hyper-bowl? Maybe.  Like the inaugural crowd, I mean smattering.  Guess math is another of MM's skills that was lost amid her vast political acumen incubated in the womb.   

God, Mehgun is stupid. 

I was glad she shut up and pouted cuz it was a million times better than her screeching on Monday.  Why doesn't one of the other cohosts say, "Stop yelling! We're  right here.  We can hear you! "  She must have been insufferable at the dinner table.  

Surely for a town of 4000 they had issues with parking an extra 3000 cars at least 🙄.  People are really bad at guestimating crowd size.  Unless that comes out of a Fire Marshal's mouth I call bullshit.

• Love 16

I was shocked when Sunny said that she wouldn't have a problem with the dog sitter walking around her house naked. I would totally have a problem with that and them bringing in people into my home.

• Love 14

I don't begrudge Meghan her grief. Losing a parent at any age, under any circumstances is a life altering event that you never recover from. However the time is past for her to be reminding us daily that she is grieving. It's now self serving, meant to evoke sympathy and to deflect criticism of the ridiculous things she says.  It's time for her to recognize that constantly bringing this up is tedious. She's entitled to her feelings but during the broadcast is no longer the right time. 

• Love 17
(edited)

Look at what TYT is covering today, lol (BTW this is a screen shot because the show is live and I’m sure someone will link the segment here after they post the clips online). They’re making some excellent points...

84BE378B-D8E0-49BA-9ADE-3B8999261730.jpeg

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

A good joke...she oughta go on tour!   She also needs to add that she often tells it like it ISN'T !    She's going to annoy Whoopi one time too many.

She just needs to continue calling women who have abortions babykillers. The rhetoric has already clearly been annoying whoopi. She can only stand to have the buffoon on the other side of the table call her a murderer so many times. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 16

I had never heard of people hiring someone to stay in their house all day, to walk their dog.  I remember in Mad About You, they had someone to come in to take Murray the dog for a walk and then leave, but they didn't STAY there all day.  Does the dog sitter do other things, like house cleaning, or do they just sit around (in this case naked) all day except for the times the dog needs to go out?  I have heard of people taking their dog to doggie daycare, but not this.  And the naked part.  I'm sorry, but anyone who would strip down naked at work, at someone else's home, has a screw loose and I would be quite concerned what other extremely odd things they might be doing.  How weird that Sunny was ok with it.  LOL I remember the episode on Sex and the City where Charlotte does not like Harry sitting naked on her white couch.  Can we say ... unsanitary?

• Love 12

I assumed the doggy sitter was staying overnight while the owner was out of town and that’s why the boyfriend showed up. I have a friend who had an Airbnb with a camera in the common area and at the front entrance. The camera locations were disclosed to people and still the things people did smh. Lots of nudity, stealing her food, one guy peed in her kitchen sink! About half of her guests snuck in extra guests. A single lady booked and there she was on camera later bringing in her entire family- about 11 people with their luggage. Nothing surprises me. 

TMI: But one of my fav positions does involve my guy sitting on my couch or in my chair. He’s such a neat freak he irons his swimming trunks, so I have no worries about staining or anything but it does make me suspicious of other people. I assume some other people are like me so I sideeye the chair in hotel rooms. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Surely for a town of 4000 they had issues with parking an extra 3000 cars at least 🙄.  People are really bad at guestimating crowd size.  Unless that comes out of a Fire Marshal's mouth I call bullshit.

Well, frump probably had them bussed in, so didn't need that many parking spaces

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

Starstruck?  He was right there and she completely forgot her Church Lady persona.

She sure didnt forget to screech 'bababoey' MANY times, louder each time.  Annoying.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, debbie311 said:

I remember the episode on Sex and the City where Charlotte does not like Harry sitting naked on her white couch.  Can we say ... unsanitary?

That was one of the few times I agreed with Charlotte!!!  (LOL)

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

I'm sure that the New York Times story will make Meghan think that she is probably responsible for the View's label of most important political talk show. That means she will be even more strident, shrill, and rude. I'm getting very weary of listening to her and seeing her grim, unpleasant face and her dumb mannerisms. I'd hate to give up watching the View after all of these years, but my threshold for this ditz is reaching the breaking point.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
5 hours ago, Tammee said:

She sure didnt forget to screech 'bababoey' MANY times, louder each time.  Annoying.

Like she's in the IN crowd, one of the COOL CHICKS.  Arrested development. 

• Love 7
(edited)
15 hours ago, debbie311 said:

How weird that Sunny was ok with it.

Sunny was thinking of sprightly little Tinkerbell types, flitting around the house doing good deeds...so cute that they were not wearing one silly thing. Just part of her fantasy life.  She didn't stop to think; she was trying to be cool.  If my adult son weren't living with me, I'd probably be nude at all times...in my house and back yard, wishing I had a pool.  Of course, I'd put down some sort of barrier (a simple towel works) between my butt and where it parks itself.

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • Love 4
(edited)
19 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

The guy in the White House! 😉

No. I asked what has changed on the show? It’s only Meghan. Yes, she is annoying and childish at times, but that’s why people tune in. We want to see her and her fellow panelists have meltdowns when they disagree with each other. The liberal echo chamber that exists in most media outlets is disrupted by Meghan on a daily basis. That’s not cool for Sunny, Joy and Whoopi. People on both sides live in their own political bubble and when that bubble is broken all hell breaks out. This is the reason that people watch The View.

Edited by ching5411
Typo
1 minute ago, ching5411 said:

No. I asked what has changed on the show? It’s only Meghan. Yes, she is annoying and childish at times, but that’s why people tune in.

And that's why it's called "The View."   My view is much different from yours.  I do not tune in to see her. 

• Love 20
10 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

And that's why it's called "The View."   My view is much different from yours.  I do not tune in to see her. 

This is true. I’m sure that there is a core audience (like you) that has always watched. However, I do think that the INCREASE in ratings is due primarily to the addition of Meghan. 

32 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

Me neither. 

39 minutes ago, ching5411 said:

No. I asked what has changed on the show? It’s only Meghan. Yes, she is annoying and childish at times, but that’s why people tune in. We want to see her and her fellow panelists have meltdowns when they disagree with each other. The liberal echo chamber that exists in most media outlets is disrupted by Meghan on a daily basis. That’s not cool for Sunny, Joy and Whoopi. People on both sides live in their own political bubble and when that bubble is broken all hell breaks out. This is the reason that people watch The View.

I watched prior to MM joining and got more into it due to the political climate. I’m not saying there aren’t folks who tune in to watch her, but I respectfully disagree that all that has changed is the addition of MM. She isn’t the only thing that has changed on the show. The political climate has to be a factor imo, even if it’s not literally sitting there as a host. It affects the topics every single day. I know MM gets people talking, but I think the ratings would have still gotten higher without her. Whether or not they’d be exactly as high, I don’t know. I’m not saying you’re wrong with her being a factor. 

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I watched prior to MM joining and got more into it due to the political climate. I’m not saying there aren’t folks who tune in to watch her, but I respectfully disagree that all that has changed is the addition of MM. She isn’t the only thing that has changed on the show. The political climate has to be a factor imo, even if it’s not literally sitting there as a host. It affects the topics every single day. I know MM gets people talking, but I think the ratings would have still gotten higher without her. Whether or not they’d be exactly as high, I don’t know. I’m not saying you’re wrong with her being a factor. 

I agree with you. I've also watched long before Meghan was on the show. Meghan has all but said she believes she's the reason for the increase in ratings. I'm glad Whoopi mentioned how they've always talked about politics on yesterday's show, because it's true. And you're right about the political climate being a factor in the ratings. I don't believe Meghan had much of anything to do with it, at least not as much as she appears to believe.

• Love 13
20 hours ago, ching5411 said:

Trump talk

• Useful 1
  • Love 19