Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E11: Upstate Girls

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Kdawg82 said:

I always want to like Dorinda.  There is good there- BUT with these talking heads , shes showing her ass. She is a GRUDGE HOLDER. She doesn't let go. With Lu though, who can blame her? The woman is unhinged. In the Bethenny altercation (IIRC) she started repeating "I was working...I was mostly working!" referring to Halloween night. Just bizarre.  I saw very little of the house as I always multi task and wash dishes etc during the show so I'll have to re watch to see more. A kitchen in the bedroom though? No. 

Tinsley Tinsley Tinsley...as a mom of three and on behalf of many moms: "loving to my dogs so I would be a great mom" is not the same! Don't say that. Just, no. I feel half sorry for her if she doesn't get to have her baby but I feel half like she loves the IDEA of biological children and not the lifestyle. I always say this- if you can't be assed to raise your kids, don't have them. There's no time for parties and very much "me" time if you want to be a great mom. It doesn't matter if you can afford the "help" or don't have to make financial sacrifices...a child has wants and needs all their lives and beg, cry, fight and nag you to get those fulfilled. You are LAST , child is first. The end. Have a fulfilling life, find a husband, be happy within.

ETA- Not to be harsh on Tins. I like her and I may be wrong. She may be a wonderful, affectionate mom who raises her child single handedly with minimal help. Either way, decide & be happy. There is also always adoption.

I love that you began with I want to like Dorinda.  I mean if you have to even decide whether or not you like somebody lol!  See this is how I feel about Tinsley but for no real legitimate reason.  She's perfectly sweet and doesn't seem to have a mean spirited bone in her body.   And I do appreciate a girl who can come up with an addenda to a drinking game.  I don't dislike her.  It's just that whenever she's talking I find I've been looking at the teevee like: 

giphy.gif

somebody jump in, is it the arrested development thing?   Don't get me wrong when Dorinda, Ramona, Luann, Sonja and Bethenney say something crazy I just shrug because I think yeah she was overdue. 

Allat what you said about motherhood?  Respect.   I don't think anybody needs to go that deep with Tins though.  Soon as they tell her babies get too big to put in your purse, it's finna be a wrap.

1 hour ago, Mr. Minor said:

Fabreze dryer sheets > roasted chicken

Seriously?  It's a pretty decent way to subliminally get your family to finish the leftovers.  I would totally buy this.  Judge ya mama.

• LOL 5
  • Love 9
10 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Good info.  Thanks.  The filmed view looked like the house was much closer to the water.  Agree.  The house looks safe from flooding.

LuAnn-de-Lesseps-Home-View.jpg

It was this photo that threw me off - seems much closer to the water than it actually is. The other thing was she had a "hair trimming scene - I didn't realize that her "dock" was so far away from the house.

We've been having torrential rains in NY. She may be safe from the Hudson River overflowing but not the downpours.

• Love 4

I love Luann's "Hideous Necklaces".  I don't take it personally that some of you think they look disgusting.  I actually like them.  😁

Dorinda is so beautiful with or without makeup.  If I forget that she's an angry, irresponsible, vitriolic drunk, which I guess is the result of her grief, which I feel badly for, then I remember how gorgeous she is.

I am a lot like Tinsley.  She has mother issues.  She needs therapy and she has enough money to do it.

Barbara was with a woman for a year and then bailed because she realized she liked men?  Wow.  Interesting.  I feel bad for that woman though.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Yours Truly said:

I don't think Lu was that bad in her first couple of seasons. I keep hearing these throwback references to back then but I've watched since back then and I never found Lu to be the person people are suggesting. Yup, she had an air about her but it really wasn't all that serious. The people that Lu made insecure back then were in fact insecure people (Alex, Beth, then Carole....) Most of her castmates flowed with Lu without too much of a hassle. I enjoyed Lu's wave of a hand persona. She was mostly fun and the times when she may have laid on the Countess schtick I thought it was something that would be easy enough to check. It's not like she ever went to war with anyone. She had a few bitchy exchanges but for the most part I loved how she would gather and move on from it. I hate when petty silliness gets dragged out for a whole season and made the complete storyline.

I think she's gotten trying these last few seasons between the Tom debacle, the arrest, the alcohol, the lawsuit but I see it as her losing a handle on some things but still trying to keep things light and flowy. Isn't working like it used to and she's buckling under it all. She's programmed to "not let anyone see you sweat" and doesn't know how to balance her vulnerability with presenting a strong front. She's stepping in shit and not realizing it cause she's so desperate to make everything not a big deal but then she handles stuff in such a callous way that there's not way to make light of it. 

I in no way equate the messy Lu of this and recent seasons as the Lu of the first few seasons. Back then she was just eye roll, giggle worthy with some of her "darrrrllliiingggggs" and "money can't buy you class" but these last few years she's a woman struggling and the struggle has manifested itself into some ugly moments. I really think there's a difference. 

I hope she gets it together. I've always rooted for LU.

I have always like Lu and even did the first couple of seasons.  I wasn't a fan of her Countess persona though.  There were times I thought she played that up b/c she thought she was playing a role for the series and when she did that, she was insufferable.  When she got divorced, she seemed to drop the haughty and was just fun.  That's the Lu I loved.

• Love 6

Lu would be lucky if her house generated it's own nickname and became a focus of attention each and every season.  I'm more shocked that she didn't try to wedge in a crafted nickname to compete in that TH.

My statement regarding Lu's statement necklaces is that they are so far out of my aesthetic I can't offer any response other than confusion.

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
33 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I have always like Lu and even did the first couple of seasons.  I wasn't a fan of her Countess persona though.  There were times I thought she played that up b/c she thought she was playing a role for the series and when she did that, she was insufferable.  When she got divorced, she seemed to drop the haughty and was just fun.  That's the Lu I loved.

when she was cool, not like all.......uncool 

giphy.gif

8 minutes ago, bosawks said:

Lu would be lucky if her house generated it's own nickname and became a focus of attention each and every season.  I'm more shocked that she didn't try to wedge in a crafted nickname to compete in that TH.

My statement regarding Lu's statement necklaces is that they are so far out of my aesthetic I can't offer any response other than confusion.

I mean unless the statement is you can find this in the 2 for $12 section at Rainbow, it looks as though they've become so far out of her own aesthetic as to not make sense.   Like before she knew we were paying attention to them, they were beautiful.  Turquoise is nice, in doses but at least they were pretty and interesting.  Then somebody said the words Native American to her and it all went left.  I don't think we even get real gems anymore, it's just a bunch of moissanite crystalettes surrounding some weird fauxpaz center stone.   The next level is gonna be macaroni art, I swear.

• LOL 13
  • Love 7
On 5/15/2019 at 7:12 PM, ChitChat said:

Tinsley said that she's programmed that way.  That's going to be a tough issue for her to come to terms with.  Her Mom needs to quit harping on her about getting married and having kids.  I feel sorry for Tinsley for having to deal with that her whole life.  

I agree. I think she grew up thinking she needed the whole package. At this point I think she needs to deconstruct the whole package and decide which parts are important to her. If it’s the man focus on that. If it’s the baby focus on that. Really, very few people end up with the whole package anyway even if they start out that way.

If she was open to it, I actually think Tinsley would be a great candidate for adoption. I don’t think she needs any sort of biological connection to be over the moon in love with a baby. 

Luann’s house is a little weird inside, but it has good bones. She really does have good taste in real estate. The deck alone would have been enough for me.

• Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, bosawks said:

Circular Cabaret Cove (Castlette) ?

Luann's statement necklaces scream Flava Flav. They are humongous and don't compliment any outfit. However, they provide me with endless entertainment as I try to think of the next item she can hang on a chain:

1) Hubcap

2) Direct TV Satellite Dish

3) Anchor from "the Yacht"

4) Light fixture Bethenny commented on

5) Grandfather's clock

6) IPAD

7) Butter Cookie Tin

8   Spatula/Tongs/Can Opener

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • LOL 16
  • Love 3
On 5/16/2019 at 12:13 AM, UsernameFatigue said:

The frozen smile on Lu's face in the preview when the impersonator was singing her song was priceless! Can't wait for next week - lol. 

It cracked me up, maaah friend.

• LOL 10
  • Love 4

I have a friend who is a housewives junkie and she and a few others went to see the countess cabaret show....her conclusion was on point....everyone in the audience was there to drink and basically laugh at LuAnn...the only person not in on “the joke” is Luann. 

• Useful 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 13
8 minutes ago, Real Housewife LI said:

I have a friend who is a housewives junkie and she and a few others went to see the countess cabaret show....her conclusion was on point....everyone in the audience was there to drink and basically laugh at LuAnn...the only person not in on “the joke” is Luann. 

Thank you for sharing this. So I do wonder if Lu ever has a genuine friend in the audience who picks up on this, but chooses not to tell Lu. Because I would want to know. Certainly her sister or the real estate friend is smart enough to sense this?

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

The Roundhouse fits.

Fun fact: it's also the name of the Philadelphia Police Headquarters. 

If Lu tours long enough she'll probably become acquainted with most major metropolitan police headquarters....

• LOL 16
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I didn't realize that her "dock" was so far away from the house.

That's ok, the only thing that matters to her is that she has many cocks near the dock to be "sittin" on.

• LOL 7
21 minutes ago, Real Housewife LI said:

Yeah but that seems like a lot of money to spend just to laugh at somebody.  Between the tickets and the drinks...IDK.  And besides who is getting the last laugh, the dummies who spent all that money to love-hate on Lu or Lu's checking acct??

I have a snobbish question...why is the cast of NY only going to Miami this year??  Dallas went to Copenhagen, BH has been to Germany and Hong Kong (I think) hell even N.J. is going to Jamaica this season so why the F. is NY not even getting to go out of the country??  This just seems like a consolation prize....*hmph*

• Love 12
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Cherrio said:

That's ok, the only thing that matters to her is that she has many cocks near the dock to be "sittin" on.

are you quoting Louis CK from Talking Funny?

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, SailorGirl said:

Y'all know I am totally #TeamTinsley. I think our lil' socialite has been getting some good therapy from a qualified professional, and here's why:

When she was at the bar with Bethenny and Dorinda, she said, "I have been programmed my whole life to think I want this." (or something very close to that). She then went on to say how what she was programmed to think was likely not going to happen and she now has to figure out what is actually best for her (the inference being "versus what was drilled into my head from the day I was born"). She was pretty straightforward about it, and I loved how Bethenny and Dorinda calmly helped her see that she does have some really good options, they just may not fit the picture she was programmed to fit into. It doesn't mean they're wrong, and I think she's beginning to finally realize it. 

Earlier she fully acknowledged the conversation with Sawnya, and calmly and rationally explained where her head was, and defended her right to have those emotions -- she didn't get upset or weepy when they were talking about it at Lulu's house -- she calmly said something like, "yes, I was down/am depressed and here's why and there's nothing wrong with that." 

There's a little self-awareness going on there with the Tinz! 

The editing monkeys are loving Tinsley too -- between the cabaret (implied!) drinking game and the subtle "because you don't think about anyone but yourself" shade to Lu, Tinsley won last night's episode. 

RHOBH has become completely unwatchable, so thank goodness for the east coast ladies (except Sonja -- her desperation is just too stinky of a cologne for me to bear, even via tv. Can't -- and don't even want to -- imagine what she's like day-to-day in real life. And I refuse to even acknowledge the ego that is Lu. Just . . . ugh.)

I finally watched and I really enjoyed Tinsely for the 1st time.  She had snarky comments and some expressions.  I loved this comment to Lu.  Someone else I generally roll my eyes at is Ramona and I was howling at her TH where she was mocking Lu.  I agree B needs to start chewing with her mouth shut.  I enjoy it though when she and Ramona aren't fighting.  They are kinda fun together.

I liked Lu's house but man I would need window coverings and more neighbors.  It was very isolated and I would hate that.  I enjoyed seeing them actually cook food and eat it.  I think Lu was drinking at this time because in some scenes she has that look in her eye of a non sober person.  The cabaret person next ep looks interesting.  I may enjoy her version of Money Can't Buy You Class.  

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, Dirtybubble said:

I have a snobbish question...why is the cast of NY only going to Miami this year??  Dallas went to Copenhagen, BH has been to Germany and Hong Kong (I think) hell even N.J. is going to Jamaica this season so why the F. is NY not even getting to go out of the country??  This just seems like a consolation prize....*hmph*

I would think it is because Lu can’t leave the country. She is suppose to get permission to leave the state. 

NJ had the same issue when Tre first left prison. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 17
3 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Damn!  I forgot the one point I wanted to make.

When Luann says "This isn't the BEZERKSHIRES I have GOOD KARMA in my home" I was so annoyed because the house isn't called the Berzerkshires because of Dorinda and there's bad karma, the house is called the Bezerkshires because of you and the other Housewives and how berserk you act.

And the utter hubris she displayed by thinking that same behavior would never happen at HER place? GTFO here with that. 

26 minutes ago, Dirtybubble said:

I wonder if Lu has any travel restrictions?

• Love 8
53 minutes ago, Real Housewife LI said:

Maybe the punchline hits her when she's cashing those checks? I dunno...

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
(edited)
52 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Thank you for sharing this. So I do wonder if Lu ever has a genuine friend in the audience who picks up on this, but chooses not to tell Lu. Because I would want to know. Certainly her sister or the real estate friend is smart enough to sense this?

I'm curious, how does one know that a WHOLE audience is laughing at Lu in a negative way? I mean there are those that truly enjoy the idea and energy of Lu doing a cabaret. I know I would have a blast and not in a mean spirited way.  I think the bigger joke is the fact that Lu gets haters to come see her perform.  It's a win win if you ask me. I mean she does make money off of her performances. How she packs those seats...?? well lets just say I'm sure those checks have the same dollar value no matter who makes up her audience hater or fan. LOL

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 11
38 minutes ago, Dirtybubble said:

Yeah but that seems like a lot of money to spend just to laugh at somebody.  Between the tickets and the drinks...IDK.  And besides who is getting the last laugh, the dummies who spent all that money to love-hate on Lu or Lu's checking acct??

THIS!!

• Love 3
3 hours ago, bosawks said:

Not So Sober House.

• LOL 13
  • Love 6
55 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

And the utter hubris she displayed by thinking that same behavior would never happen at HER place? GTFO here with that. 

I wonder if Lu has any travel restrictions?

Leave Lu home.  I’d love to see any country in Europe.  They always go to a beach.  I’d like to see some culture.

• Love 11

I'm wondering of Lu's house is a rental (as others have speculated). It could be the real owner created the bedroom-with-kitchen space for a family member, like an in-law space. Or the real owner rents the entire property out as a quiet vacation spot with a beautiful view.

If Lu's short on cash, it may be owned by one of her acquaintances who is trying to help her out. It looks distinctly rental, rather than someone's personal space.

Lu may have chosen it to try to stay away from the night life. I know an entire set of brothers - all in recovery - that moved their joint business and homes to a rural area. They did it expressly to avoid city temptations. Of course, these days rural areas are stuffed to the gills with pain pill clinics and meth labs.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Dirtybubble said:

Tickets when she was here were about $57 for mid level seats....on LI that’s not much for a girls night out. We spend way more than that on dinner and drinks.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Yours Truly said:

I mean she does make money off of her performances.

Probably not much.  The real performers who are billed as her friends have to be paid, the musicians and all the others who actually work.

The only folks making real money are the venues from liquor sales.  Oh and ear plugs are doing a brisk business pre-show.

I agree with the other posters who think her house is a rental. It looks like the eyesore house that's been for sale for 10 years. So, Bravo rented it for the summer at a rock bottom price.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Cherrio said:

Probably not much.  The real performers who are billed as her friends have to be paid, the musicians and all the others who actually work.

The only folks making real money are the venues from liquor sales.  Oh and ear plugs are doing a brisk business pre-show.

I agree with the other posters who think her house is a rental. It looks like the eyesore house that's been for sale for 10 years. So, Bravo rented it for the summer at a rock bottom price.

Making money is making money. She's probably making more than I am.... I'm sure it's paying for something.  I think it's sillier for people to be out of pocket just to indulge in negativity but hey people spend their money all sorts of ways.  

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 6
37 minutes ago, Real Housewife LI said:

Tickets when she was here were about $57 for mid level seats....on LI that’s not much for a girls night out. We spend way more than that on dinner and drinks.

I agree. And I don't doubt that at least some people are laughing at Luann because unlike the "and Friends" portion of the night, she doesn't actually have any talent but for some reason thinks she's an amazing singer. I can't fault her for creating this cabaret business, but she has totally let it go to her head and is so full of herself, which is so not pretty.

I do think she owns this horrible house; it's like her consolation house because she couldn't afford what she really wanted. It's round, which is unique and near the water, which is nice. But does the thing have a real dining room?

Didn't she say she'd only been there a month? She should try to get a deal from Barb to get the kitchen out of that bedroom. Did we see the room Sonja is in?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, pasdetrois said:

I'm wondering of Lu's house is a rental (as others have speculated). It could be the real owner created the bedroom-with-kitchen space for a family member, like an in-law space. Or the real owner rents the entire property out as a quiet vacation spot with a beautiful view.

We know the house was sale was complete on October 3rd because it’s public record which perfectly lines up with Lu’s storyline. If anyone wants to pay a nominal fee they could also find out who bought it and no one has questioned it, the Daily Mail said they confirmed it but it is the Daily Mail but it seems unlikely since all of her and other housewives rentals/home ownership issues have been outed on several websites.

• Love 6

Hey Bethenny, way to support your friend's sobriety...they packed a huge amount of booze for the trip to Lu's hide away.  They couldn't go 2 days without booze.

Also, Sonja is fast becoming the most eccentric of them all, her traveling by limo van/rolling office to Lu's, sharing a brush with her dog, she just really brings the unexpected and I love that!

Barb sharing that she is bi sexual was interesting, I would have thought Ramona would have gotten all sorts of twitchy with that info.  She loses it when anything left of center occurs.

That round house is cool but I maintain it just does not seem very Lu like.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, Cherrio said:

cheap wine?

Luann would sing at a Waffle House for free. 

Luann is making money from the Cabaret but I think she lives beyond her means and isn't very good with money.

Who put the show together? - those are the people making the most money.

The and "Friends" those who perform and can sing are getting money for each appearance,

The venue they play at is paid a flat fee - so they are making their money.

Audience members spending money on drinks and food - does a percentage go to the producers?

Ticket sales - I would imagine a percentage goes to the venue and the producers.

Luann's agent is getting his cut.

Luann would make more money if she were to appear at various clubs to get people to buy bottles of liquor and take pictures with fans- she could make 10K to 15K for a 1 hour appearance - but she is an Awk Caw Hall Ick

• Love 8
17 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Or maybe, because she grew up in a not so suburban area of CT, she wasn't worried about it.  I don't know the crime statistics for that area.

Berlin, CT is very much a suburban area, some of it even rural.

7 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

See this is how I feel about Tinsley but for no real legitimate reason.  She's perfectly sweet and doesn't seem to have a mean spirited bone in her body.   And I do appreciate a girl who can come up with an addenda to a drinking game.  I don't dislike her.  It's just that whenever she's talking I find I've been looking at the teevee like: 

somebody jump in, is it the arrested development thing?   Don't get me wrong when Dorinda, Ramona, Luann, Sonja and Bethenney say something crazy I just shrug because I think yeah she was overdue. 

Allat what you said about motherhood?  Respect.   I don't think anybody needs to go that deep with Tins though.  Soon as they tell her babies get too big to put in your purse, it's finna be a wrap.

Agree - she is sweet and I don't see her being a mean girl or cliquey

However - I do think Tinsley acts the way she does because this is learned behavior she has never outgrown. In other words, when she was young and wanted to get her way she would show a certain behavior and it worked. Because it worked, she'd do it again each time - it's a default behavior. She learned to appear docile most of the time and things went her way, but anytime it didn't work this would happen;

giphy.gif

When Tinsley was at lunch with Ramona and Bethenny - it was the most mature she's ever behaved. She didn't break down into tears and start whining "it's not fair".

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

So, if the original Hamptons home was sold and she was supposed to give her 2 kids and equal split of the profits correct ? So that sold, she took the money, brought the Sag Harbor home and apparently a NYC apartment and Upstate Round House, so is she cash poor and that is why she gave the 2 kids stake in the Sag Harbor home as opposed to just giving them their share of the cash sale of original home ?  

1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

Luann is making money from the Cabaret but I think she lives beyond her means and isn't very good with money.

Who put the show together? - those are the people making the most money.

The and "Friends" those who perform and can sing are getting money for each appearance,

The venue they play at is paid a flat fee - so they are making their money.

Audience members spending money on drinks and food - does a percentage go to the producers?

Ticket sales - I would imagine a percentage goes to the venue and the producers.

Luann's agent is getting his cut.

Luann would make more money if she were to appear at various clubs to get people to buy bottles of liquor and take pictures with fans- she could make 10K to 15K for a 1 hour appearance - but she is an Awk Caw Hall Ick

I agree with you. LuAnn's cabaret show is a joke.   After everyone gets their cut, there's not much left for LuAnn........especially since the ticket prices keep getting slashed.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I really love Lu’s new home.  I’d have to have some window coverings though.  

Am I the only one who wished Ramona would catch her hair on fire with the birthday cake during her Insta story?  😂😂

• Love 9

I think the reason that Lu’s home may come off as looking like a rental is that I would bet that she purchased the place turnkey; with all the furnishings. The furniture looks like it was made to reflect the mid-century modern aesthetic of the house and the furniture looks like it’s been there awhile. Lu would like us to believe she did all the buying and decorating in a month’s time, but nah, that stuff came with the house. 

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, Juneau Gal said:

I think the reason that Lu’s home may come off as looking like a rental is that I would bet that she purchased the place turnkey; with all the furnishings. The furniture looks like it was made to reflect the mid-century modern aesthetic of the house and the furniture looks like it’s been there awhile. Lu would like us to believe she did all the buying and decorating in a month’s time, but nah, that stuff came with the house. 

You can see the listing pictures here and it looks like she changed most of the furniture except for that ugly chaise thing.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, ichbin said:

Berlin, CT is very much a suburban area, some of it even rural.

That's what I meant.  Not so much suburban meaning parts of it are rural.  The point is that people are not as concerned about crime as much as if it were urban.