Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 5/13/2019

falltime
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Joy did defend her. She was shouted down by Whoopi and McCain. She pointed out to Sunny that Trump doesn't go on CNN or MSNBC, so why should she be expected to go on FOX?

Because 2 wrongs dont make a right.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

Because 2 wrongs dont make a right.

Well, 1.) The point in that post was one made by Joy Behar and not myself, but 2.) For me to agree with you, I would have to first believe there is equivalence between CNN, MSNBC, and FOX as “news” organizations.

• LOL 4
  • Love 19
16 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Another thing is that Sunny is a proponent of church and state and is able to put her feelings aside about Abortion and will defend it as the law of the land if she has to as an officer of the court. Megan is too stupid to understand that type of nuance, everything is black and white for that dolt.

Did you see how she was glaring at Whoopie when Whoopie was describing back alley abortions and the women who have died due to that type of desperation. Women like Megan will never have to do that because they can go to Canada or wherever and get it done discreetly. Whoopie was on fire when she was talking about that. 

The princess of Arizona will never understand the struggles of the average woman.  She doesn’t even try because she has zero empathy. 

• Love 23
1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

The princess of Arizona will never understand the struggles of the average woman.  She doesn’t even try because she has zero empathy. 

But... but... she’s speaking for all red states! She knows friends of friends of friends who are Trump supporters, which means she totally understands Trump’s base, Zombie.

• LOL 14
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Megan is a horrible person and has to always attack somebody. Sunny is pro-life as well and Sunny was correct in saying that the Catholic church is staunchly pro-life. They are even against birth control and sex is for pro-creation. Megan wants to be the only pro-lifer on the panel and that is why she attacked Sunny for no reason.  She seems to have zeroed in on Sunny as a person to attack. 

I think that Meghan attacks Sunny because Meghan doesn’t really believe that Sunny is pro life. If you are truly pro life you believe that abortion is akin to murder. Nobody in their right mind would say “I personally don’t believe in murder, but I won’t impose my personal belief about murder on anyone else”. That is essentially what Sunny is saying and Meghan doesn’t like it.

• Love 2

Folks, we know that the Democratic primaries are going to come up over and over again on the View over the next year. Let's remember to keep discussion about what is said on the show and not introduce our own personal views of politics into the discussion or use their discussion as a jumping off point to generally discuss the US political parties, their views and the candidates' views. Stick to the contents of the View and we'll be fine!

• Love 3
12 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Joy did defend her. She was shouted down by Whoopi and McCain. She pointed out to Sunny that Trump doesn't go on CNN or MSNBC, so why should she be expected to go on FOX?

Yes. I see Joy's point

• Love 9
(edited)
1 minute ago, Aileen said:

I had no idea Whoopi had a heroin addiction. Is this common knowledge? 

Yep!!!  (That's why I can't abide her preaching to us about how to raise a child, how to start a career, etc.)

Edited by Medicine Crow
More content.
  • Useful 2
  • Love 14
(edited)
2 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Cindy McCain is my mother.  What?????

Why did she randomly throw that in there? So much talking over one another going on that I must've missed it...

She also randomly brought up President Bush, who likes to paint and asks Howard if he'd ever vote for a Republican...

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Aileen said:

I had no idea Whoopi had a heroin addiction. Is this common knowledge? 

Neither did I!   I was in the other room and thought I misheard that.  

• Love 4
41 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

What in the hell is that monstrosity that is engulfing Nutmeg's bewbs??   It looks like Liberace's shower curtain.

You just made me need to watch this episode.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
(edited)

Nutmeg is so happy today. Howard praised her dad to the heavens and he told the ladies to be nice to Megan, I rolled my eyes when he said that.. He must not watch the show.. I did love it when he said he loved Hillary Clinton and that she was misunderstood. 

My mom is Cindy McCain, I don't know why Nutmeg shouted that at the panel.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 13
Just now, Apprentice79 said:

Nutmeg is so happy today. Howard praised her dad to the heavens and he told the ladies to be nice to Megan, I rolled my eyes when he said that.. He must not watch the show.. I did love it when he said he loved Hillary Clinton and that she was misunderstood. 

I nearly threw up in my mouth. "Be nice to Meghan, she's always getting yelled at!"

Really, Howard?

• LOL 2
  • Love 13
10 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Why did she randomly throw that in there? So much talking over one another going on that I must've missed it...

I have no idea why she threw that out there.  Maybe she should have her blood sugar levels checked.

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

I nearly threw up in my mouth. "Be nice to Meghan, she's always getting yelled at!"

Really, Howard?

Was he staring at her large chest when he said it?

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Yes it is..It is why she does not drink alcohol. It was awkward how Howard brought it up.. 

I feel like I live under a rock. I just googled and saw that she came out with it in 2009 in an interview...but then said it was pre-acting, which is not what was said today on the view.

11 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

My mom is Cindy McCain, I don't know why Nutmeg shouted that at the panel.

I think her point was that she was "allowed" to listen/watch growing up and Cindy didn't object, so it couldn't be as bad as Sunny was implying.

• Love 4

My views on abortion are similar to Sunny’s. I hate to label myself on this issue, it’s more nuanced for me. I think if life doesn’t start at conception, when does it start? I’m also for gun gun control, against the death penalty, and value life more than anyone I know. So many people don’t understand all the many reasons a woman doesn’t want a child or pregnancy. I would never want anyone I care about to be forced to have a baby or get a back-alley abortion. I know I personally feel safer knowing I can have an abortion, even if I’m highly unlikely to go that route due to my beliefs. If my life is at stake, if I’m raped, if I just can’t handle going through with a pregnancy emotionally, I want to be able to get a safe, legal abortion. I wish men had zero input on something that has to do with our bodies, but surprisingly almost just as many women are anti-choice. 

• Love 22

I liked that Sunny brought up the fact that she never liked him in the past. I didn't either. It was uncomfortable, but at least she wasn't fake. I loved him bringing up Rosie O'Donnell to that asshole Whoopi's face.

• Love 23
(edited)
13 minutes ago, Aileen said:

I think her point was that she was "allowed" to listen/watch growing up and Cindy didn't object, so it couldn't be as bad as Sunny was implying.

Okay, that makes sense, I still find it annoying because she has to make everything about her.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 7
40 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Howard Stern talking about Rosie was awkward.

Because Whoopi was there. If he were on tomorrow with Joy moderating different story. Whoopi saying about Rosie "I don't think about it." Well Whoopi you know damn well your control issues is the reason you can't abide strong women. 

• Love 21
(edited)
9 minutes ago, rcc said:

Because Whoopi was there. If he were on tomorrow with Joy moderating different story. Whoopi saying about Rosie "I don't think about it." Well Whoopi you know damn well your control issues is the reason you can't abide strong women. 

Exactly, she would have clashed with Starr as well. Sunny does not push back on Whoopie as she should. She does not attack Joy because Joy knows how to handle Whoopie in a subtle way that does not threaten her. There was tension between them when Joy first came back..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 17

I came home at lunch to watch Howard Stern on today's episode.  I see that the letters came off of the sash on Sunny's dress.  I'm assuming it read Mrs. Manny, Wife of the Year.

Howard's been talking on his show about his plan to let Nutmeg know how much he respected her dad.  Meggie made it clear in the opening that she's a big Howard fan.  I hope that Howard has the chance to point out the extreme views that Nutmeg reads off of her blue cards and how her father wouldn't stand for much of it.  However, I am definitely not counting on it.  

• Love 9

Oh FFS!  Howard, loved you during the 80’s but WTF now?  Really, had to suckle at Meghan’s huge jugs?!  Damn, could we for once have one guest that doesn’t kneel at the McCain altar?

Sunny, from the sash to the cat kneaded weave you were wearing, why?! 

Whoopi, did you really wear a Hefty Trash Can liner?  Just no.

• LOL 6
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Alexis2291 said:

The funniest thing ever was Meghan saying "none of us at the table are like that," when she was mocking politicians who didn't want to come on the show, calling them "snowflakes" because they can't handle different viewpoints. Nobody in the audience clapped and nobody at the table said anything 🤣

Girl, get a mirror and a clue. YOU are like that! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Yeah, her appearance on seth Myers show, and her husband's tweets were all over the news, but snowflake McCain couldn't handle it being discussed on The View.

• Love 19

Meghan truly has no self-awareness.  Mocking special snowflakes, and denying being one.  And then the gleeful squirrel slaughterer rampages against the accidental death of a groundhog? 

Now I hate the way they drag those poor animals out every year, but it's really not comparable to Meghan sitting on the front porch, cigar hanging from her mouth and a bottle of whiskey at hand, laughing maniacally while using a semi-automatic weapon to take out squirrels.

• LOL 7
  • Love 15
Just now, tinkerbell said:

Yeah, her appearance on seth Myers show, and her husband's tweets were all over the news, but snowflake McCain couldn't handle it being discussed on The View.

Her lack of self-awareness in claiming "nobody at the table is like that" is just incredible. Sounds like she's trying to convince herself of that more than anyone else...

• Love 19
16 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

Warren needs to appeal to people like me..independents and more moderates.  Her wanting an endorsement from peeps like AOC turn me off.

And then there are Independents like me...who appreciate smart women who serve, like the Senator AND like Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.  I don't mind if anyone shuns any news network; it's their campaign.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Alexis2291 said:

The funniest thing ever was Meghan saying "none of us at the table are like that," when she was mocking politicians who didn't want to come on the show, calling them "snowflakes" because they can't handle different viewpoints. Nobody in the audience clapped and nobody at the table said anything 🤣

Girl, get a mirror and a clue. YOU are like that! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

This is where I am in the show now, and my mouth fell open when she said that!   

• LOL 6
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, ching5411 said:

I think that Meghan attacks Sunny because Meghan doesn’t really believe that Sunny is pro life. If you are truly pro life you believe that abortion is akin to murder. Nobody in their right mind would say “I personally don’t believe in murder, but I won’t impose my personal belief about murder on anyone else”. That is essentially what Sunny is saying and Meghan doesn’t like it.

That's now what Sunny is saying though. She is saying that her Catholic beliefs teach her that life starts at conception and that is why she is against abortion. Her definition of when life begins is based out of her religious beliefs which, in a land that promises freedom of religion, does not give her the right to impose that definition and belief on others. She is true to her religious beliefs while recognizing that others have their beliefs and science which may support a different understanding of when life actually begins. 

• Love 18

That silver, shimmery top to Meghan's dress, and the empire waistline, called so much attention to her boobs it was hard to see anything else. 

Seriously, it's one step closer to just wearing two disco balls on her boobs.

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
(edited)
3 minutes ago, mongoose said:

This is where I am in the show now, and my mouth fell open when she said that!   

Me too! I can only imagine what the other ladies were thinking when she said that, though I think the way they quickly moved on and didn't respond to her comment was pretty telling...

Edited by Alexis2291
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8

I haven’t watched today’s episode yet. I have mixed thoughts on Howard Stern. I won’t deny that he can be funny, entertaining, and conduct a really interesting interview.

But I remember his TV show being so trashy, that he’d pick apart women’s looks, and wonder how it would do during the metoo era. 

I think he’s probably much nicer off camera/radio because so many people like him. Regarding him being honest, he can also be a major butt kisser. Sounds like he puckered up to the princess of Arizona’s derrière today. 

• Love 12