Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 5/13/2019

falltime
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, deirdra said:

I've noticed this before - same shrill voice whether happy or upset. I'm surprised nobody ever sent this talk show pundint [sic] to a voice coach.

What if this is after YEARS of vocal/voice coaching?

I'm pretty sure she had some intense speech therapy as a kid.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Kenz said:

but for me that doesn't make up for the years of him degrading people, especially women. I'm sure his grossness made him a fortune, and he picked up a beautiful young wife along the way. He will always be a creep in my mind.

Yes.

• Love 11
10 hours ago, Kenz said:

Maybe Howard Stern has become a little more mellowed since he's 65 and had a health scare, but for me that doesn't make up for the years of him degrading people, especially women. I'm sure his grossness made him a fortune, and he picked up a beautiful young wife along the way. He will always be a creep in my mind.

Howard Stern is a huge creep! Anyone remember when Tejano singer Selena passed away? On the day of her funeral, he played her music with mock gunfire in the background, insulted her and her music, and started using a racist sterotype mexican voice, talking about how we Mexicans have the worst taste in music, and have no soul. 

I don't understand why people still like this racist guy?

• Useful 3
  • Love 17
3 minutes ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

Howard Stern is a huge creep! Anyone remember when Tejano singer Selena passed away? On the day of her funeral, he played her music with mock gunfire in the background, insulted her and her music, and started using a racist sterotype mexican voice, talking about how we Mexicans have the worst taste in music, and have no soul. 

I don't understand why people still like this racist guy?

He is a pig, misogynist, and probably racist.  I am happy 😕 he is evolving, that will help him make more money.

• Love 5

Interesting how MM was not offended...., hmmm, she was not alive, and/or was a  very young person during  the height of Stern's shock jock days! What he did back then was meant to offend, meant to shock. Her comment made her again appear silly, immature ( or star struck) and  ill prepared for a proper big girl interview.

• Love 15

It's hard to believe Meghan was not offended by the things Howard would say/do back in the day since she is so easily offended now.  She takes everything so personally, even if it's something only tangentially related to her.  Apparently she never felt an association with any of his targets so she could wave off any of the crude comments. 

I don't know what his show is like now, but back then he was a disgusting pig.  Outside of his show he is completely different.  It's difficult to reconcile the two personas.

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

I don't know what his show is like now, but back then he was a disgusting pig.  Outside of his show he is completely different.  It's difficult to reconcile the two personas.

I don't know which is worse. Someone who is offensive or someone who is being offensive to make money from it.

Years ago Keith Olberman was on Bill Maher's show and they were talking about one of the Fox guys. I can't remember if they said who it was or not but Keith said that guy told him he was only playing the role of the outraged conservative because it helped his career.

While I believe Meghan has conservative beliefs I have no doubt she ramps them up to get more attention.

• Love 19
(edited)
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

It's hard to believe Meghan was not offended by the things Howard would say/do back in the day since she is so easily offended now.  She takes everything so personally, even if it's something only tangentially related to her.  Apparently she never felt an association with any of his targets so she could wave off any of the crude comments. 

Meghan seems to have a lot of extreme attitudes toward people. If she chooses to not like you, it can be difficult to do anything right in her eyes. That’s her attitude toward Joy and some of the people who aren’t part of her tribe. Then if you’re someone she likes, like Jo Biden, you can say the exact same things and not have her even respectfully disagree. I’m not a regular Howard Stern listener, but I know enough to know, he’s said a lot of really offensive things throughout the years. Maybe he’s a super nice guy off camera and only said bunch of crazy crap just to shock, but he still said those things. For someone like Meghan who seems to have a stick up her butt and so unforgiving of others most of the time to be fan girling so hard over him of all people, I think shows you can get away with a lot with her if you’re a big enough star and kiss her butt. I bet if Erika Jayne, who’s not part of Meghan’s tribe, were to express all the same views Joy has, Meghan would still sit there all starstruck.

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 21
13 hours ago, deirdra said:

Ted Danson wore blackface and said the N-word over a dozen times during the Friar's Club roast of his girlfriend Whoopi and Howard was mocking it.  Whoopi never talks about it, as if it never happened, because 1) Ted was in Blackface saying the N-word and other cringe-worthy things, and 2) Ted dumped her when his mid-life crisis was over.

The Black community turned against her and she lost all of the goodwill she had had over her win for Ghost.  She took something that was painful in our history and made a mockery of it. So, it does not surprise me that she minimizes racism because her wealth shields her from it in some ways and she loves the N word.  I remember her trying to get Barbara Walters to use that word on national TV. Barbara wisely refused to do so. I also think that Ted dumped her because of the fallout over blackface in addition to the end of his mid-life crisis. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 13
22 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

Whoopi screaming when reading the monitor about deBlasio was ridiculous just giving MM the encouragement to yell and bob her head/ neck. They are both assholes.  

Whoopi's politics revolve around her own self-interests.  She still pissed about those bike lanes.

• LOL 9
  • Love 10
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Shut up, Meghan!  Let the guest speak!

It is impossible for me to believe that Meghan who  is 33 or 34, went to college, and, has traveled, has never known anyone who has had an abortion.  But then, it's also hard for me to believe that Joy or Sunny have never punched her in the face.

Someone should tell Megan that 1 in 4 women has had an abortion, so she has met women who have had it. Some are in evangelical churches preaching about the evils of abortion.  She needs to shut it with her feigned ignorance. She is such a poser and I don't believe for one second that she is happy in her skin. Her weight bothers her a lot. Her insecurities about her weight, intelligence and accomplishments are on display every day.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 24
21 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

There have been guests who most likely would not have knelt down but Meghan always seems to be away from the table those days.  I would give up all future birthday candle wishes if just one guest would come at her.  I don't even care what they would come at her with.  I would do a happy dance to see her put in her place.

Paul Begala gently slapped her down on Bill Maher's show, but I'm sure Meghan would veto his appearance, or hide in her dressing room.

• LOL 5
  • Love 7

Sunny said earlier that she has developed Diverticulitis because she is so stressed out and has lost 20lbs because of it. 

Joy said that when Sunny first joined the show and wanted to lose weight Joy told her to stop drinking alcohol.  And Sunny's reply was "with this show?"  Joy then went on to say that anybody who thinks their job isn't stressful is wrong.

I found these exchanges interesting.  Hmmm.

• Useful 6
  • Love 13
19 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

The View has dulled Whoopie's shine for me. She has shown to be arrogant, ill-informed nasty and makes excuses for powerful men who have committed crimes. Her comments about rape were really illuminating in a bad way.  She always puts the onus on women regarding men's behavior. I also hate how she minimizes racism and police brutality against Black men.  

How about excusing away the athlete who whipped his child's genitals because "back in the day . . .".

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

It is impossible for me to believe that Meghan who  is 33 or 34, went to college, and, has traveled, has never known anyone who has had an abortion.  But then, it's also hard for me to believe that Joy or Sunny have never punched her in the face.

13 minutes ago, Jaded said:

She probably does know people who've had one but they've been smart enough not to let her know about it.

Oh I am absolutely sure Meghan knows women who have had abortions.  But they sure as fuck wouldn't tell her because she would judge them and call them murderers.

• Love 14
(edited)
7 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

Somebody should tell Meghan that Whoopi has had an abortion.

Word on the street is that Whoopie has had more than 1. It is why Whoopie gets fired up when the topic is brought up because she feels that people like Megan are judging her for her choices. If Megan has met Sherry, then she has met 2 women who have made that choice. Sally Fields was a guest on the show and spoke about going to Mexico to get one at 17, so, that is 3.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Useful 3
  • Love 20
Just now, Apprentice79 said:

Word on the street is that Whoopie has had more than 1. It is why Whoopie gets fired up when the topic is brought up because she feels that people like Megan are judging her for her choices. If Megan has met Sherry, then she has met 2 women who have made that choice. 

There have been guests on the show who have had abortions.  Meghan is seriously deluding herself if she thinks she doesn't know anyone who has had one.

• Love 15
22 minutes ago, Jaded said:

She probably does know people who've had one but they've been smart enough not to let her know about it.

Didn't they have a guest on recently that Meghan had to shout out was her friend, and then the friend went on to discuss her abortion?  Does that mean Meghan ended that friendship, or did she conveniently forget?

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
15 hours ago, Kenz said:

Whoa. I wonder if Whoopi ever saw that skit that Howard did about her and Ted Danson. That was outright insulting and racist, and he threw out the N word many times.

Maybe Howard Stern has become a little more mellowed since he's 65 and had a health scare, but for me that doesn't make up for the years of him degrading people, especially women. I'm sure his grossness made him a fortune, and he picked up a beautiful young wife along the way. He will always be a creep in my mind.

I agree. Stern is a creepy pig imo. I don't care if he mellowed. And that is an insult to the pig community

• LOL 4
  • Love 13
24 minutes ago, 17wheatthins said:

I don't love MM by any stretch of the imagination, but I am loving her look today: the dress is cute AND her eye makeup is perfect. I also liked her desire to stop reducing women to their bodies. I'm glad she's comfortable in her body. 

I do hate, however, her constant spewing of lies and half-truths, and her weird-ass love of Paul Ryan. 

I hate her hair today. And I think her eye makeup looks ridiculous on daytime TV. The makeup artists do the same thing to Sunny, sometimes. It's like they're sending these two women  to a nightclub or an awards show, rather than a morning talk show.

That said, I agree with everything else you said. 

3 minutes ago, heysmilinstrange said:

YIKES. I have even more respect for Whoopi for not going off on her rude, sheltered ass.

I don't know. I mean, nobody is obligated to disclose their personal history on TV or elsewhere, but what kind of impact might that have on Meghan? She clearly idolizes Whoopi. She'd have to integrate that information into her narrow worldview. It might do some good. 

3 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Didn't they have a guest on recently that Meghan had to shout out was her friend, and then the friend went on to discuss her abortion?  Does that mean Meghan ended that friendship, or did she conveniently forget?

Was it Amber Tamblyn maybe?

• Love 6
(edited)
4 minutes ago, General Days said:

I don't know. I mean, nobody is obligated to disclose their personal history on TV or elsewhere, but what kind of impact might that have on Meghan? She clearly idolizes Whoopi. She'd have to integrate that information into her narrow worldview. It might do some good. 

She does not idolize Whoopie in my opinion. Whoopie is a means to an end, she got her the job at the view and she also protects her childish ass from the mean nasty liberals on the panel. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 19
1 minute ago, General Days said:
9 minutes ago, heysmilinstrange said:

YIKES. I have even more respect for Whoopi for not going off on her rude, sheltered ass.

If I was sitting across a table from someone who was saying my choice to end a pregnancy   was murder I'm not sure I would have been able to stop myself from reaching across the table and punching her in the face.  

I have to wonder if she is aware that Whoopi had an abortion (s).  It's easy for Meghan to sit in judgement of women she doesn't know but would she flat out tell a woman standing in front of her she thought she was a murderer?

• Love 18
(edited)
9 minutes ago, General Days said:

Was it Amber Tamblyn maybe?

I think that’s right but did Meg claim her as a friend?  They prob don’t agree on anything politically. 

I was reading on FB (so it must be true) that the new abortion law in OH makes even surgery to end an ectopic pregnancy illegal. Apparently the legislators believe the embryo can be relocated. Meghan and her ilk are so focused on lies that they can’t understand it’s a nuanced issue. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 9
35 minutes ago, 17wheatthins said:

I don't love MM by any stretch of the imagination, but I am loving her look today: the dress is cute AND her eye makeup is perfect. I also liked her desire to stop reducing women to their bodies. I'm glad she's comfortable in her body. 

giphy.gif

36 minutes ago, 17wheatthins said:

I do hate, however, her constant spewing of lies and half-truths, and her weird-ass love of Paul Ryan. 

That should cancel out anything positive.

And Gus would say:

giphy.gif   giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• LOL 9
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I was reading on FB (so it must be true) that the new abortion law in OH makes even surgery to end an ectopic pregnancy illegal. Apparently the legislators believe the embryo can be relocated. Meghan and her ilk are so focused on lies that they can’t understand it’s a nuanced issue. 

Yes, sadly, it is true.  They want it to be implanted back into the woman's uterus.  A procedure that does not even exist.  I guess the medical community has to figure it out and make it happen.  Imagine the physical and emotional pain for the woman.

Edited by Cementhead
  • Love 6
(edited)
19 minutes ago, Cementhead said:
20 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Yes, sadly, it is true.  They want it to be implanted back into the woman's uterus.  A procedure that does not even exist.  I guess the medical community has to figure it out and make it happen.  Imagine the physical and emotional pain for the woman.

I sincerely hope the doctors in Ohio tell the legislators fuck you.

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Love 19
(edited)
22 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

They don't care about women or the fetus. It is all about controlling a woman's body.  These people also do not believe in science.  As upset as I am, it is not surprising that women's rights are under assault. Then, it will be marriage equality. They are coming for LGBT people, another group they have been force to treat like human beings. They have always come for Black people, so it is nothing new or shocking for us.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 20
(edited)

Oh Meghan, here you go in your imaginary world, thinking you are healthy.

Next time she says that, I want her on a scale (that I have a tested to be accurate). Then calculate her BMI showing overweight or maybe obese.

But of course, she will say she is healthy.

Edited by OnTime
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Haleth said:

Early in Clay Aiken's career, like right after American idol,  there was a guy telling sordid stories about Clay. Howard Stern was the one person who gave this guy any credibility,  had him on his show and interviewed him, all the while tearing clay apart for being some perverted, closeted, weirdo.  Years later Clay did go in Sterns show. It was similar to what happened with Rosie - stern is vicious toward gays, then changes his mind after interviewing someone.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Re: Wednesday's show... did anyone notice Whoopi, in preparing to introduce the brilliant Yara Shahidi,  stumblingly say something like " I don't wanna get this wrong....Yara SHAHADI!!!" and then smile like she conquered Mt. Everest?

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

There have been guests on the show who have had abortions.  Meghan is seriously deluding herself if she thinks she doesn't know anyone who has had one.

Meghan needs to face the fact that, every day she is on the show, there are women in the studio audience, and even more women watching on TV, who have had to make the painful decision to end a pregnancy.  

And she is calling them murderers.

• Love 15
(edited)
1 hour ago, 17wheatthins said:

I’m sure the comments about her weight have to hurt to some degree, but as a fellow non-lover of hers, I like when she says hey I’m not a skinny girl and I got married! I’m going to enjoy going out to dinner and get dessert! I won’t let my body stop me from being on TV or feeling beautiful! 

I find her to be one of the most annoying TV personalities out there, but I do think she’s beautiful, and love that she’s not beating herself up for not being a skinny girl. Life is too short to not love yourself and enjoy it. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 6
(edited)
56 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

She does not idolize Whoopie in my opinion. Whoopie is a means to an end, she got her the job at the view and she also protects her childish ass from the mean nasty liberals on the panel. 

I was just going to say the same.

Does she really idolize Whoopi? I don't think she does.  A means to an end, perfectly put @Apprentice79

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 11
12 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Early in Clay Aiken's career, like right after American idol,  there was a guy telling sordid stories about Clay. Howard Stern was the one person who gave this guy any credibility,  had him on his show and interviewed him, all the while tearing clay apart for being some perverted, closeted, weirdo.  Years later Clay did go in Sterns show. It was similar to what happened with Rosie - stern is vicious toward gays, then changes his mind after interviewing someone.

I remember all this very well. As well as the disgusting behavior after Selena was killed (someone on here mentioned yesterday). I'm just amazed that after all the ugliness Howard spread, most celebrities are oh it's ok never mind. I know people change. I don't think Howard has changed that much and  times were changing and he had to make a change to get celebrities on his show. I still believe part of the reason celebrities ignore Howard's racism  and sexism is because they are scared of him. 

Meghan on the other hand wants to be cool and pretend she's not a snowflake (😂 hard to type that).  Howard at the height of his fame and ugliness I'd say was late 80s 90s.  He definitely started to change after his divorce and meeting Beth.  I'm sure he was happy and so his attitude change somewhat.  My point is when Meghan listening to Howard? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

Whoopi's politics revolve around her own self-interests.  She still pissed about those bike lanes.

I was shocked that she didn't mention bike lanes when she was listing everything de Blasio did wrong on yesterday's show.

• LOL 7
  • Love 6