Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 5/13/2019

falltime
  • Start Topic

5 hours ago, ching5411 said:

I think that Meghan attacks Sunny because Meghan doesn’t really believe that Sunny is pro life. If you are truly pro life you believe that abortion is akin to murder. Nobody in their right mind would say “I personally don’t believe in murder, but I won’t impose my personal belief about murder on anyone else”. That is essentially what Sunny is saying and Meghan doesn’t like it.

WHOA!   This is not correct and not fair.  Sunny is pro-life through her Roman Catholic religion--and personally. She specifically stated her personal stance on pro-life areas, including an area Meghan won't mention: anti-death penalty.

Meghan is Pro-Life politically...as in the Pro-Life Movement, and she adds tears and hysteria to make her point seem much more important than others'.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

My views on abortion are similar to Sunny’s. {Big Snip}  I wish men had zero input on something that has to do with our bodies, but surprisingly almost just as many women are anti-choice. 

93.9% agreement. A good man should probably have something to say about a pregnancy involving HIS baby...but I'm really a fence-sitter on this.

• Love 1

First, they criticize  candidates for being selective  about what shows they will go on.  And any candidate  who doesnt come on The View is a snowflake.

Then, after the break, whoopi laughs and mocks Diblasio for announcing his candidacy  and launches into a tirade about how awful he is.

Do they see the hypocrisy?

• Love 17
1 minute ago, tvaddict44 said:

I've always thought that Howard Stern was kind of a jerk, but I thoroughly enjoyed his interview.

Howard IS a jerk much of the time, but he's also extremely intelligent, appeals to his base, has common sense, is VERY entertaining...and is always a great interview.  Loved his first book AND the movie!   P.S.  If I could afford satellite radio, I'd subscribe.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, tvaddict44 said:

I've always thought that Howard Stern was kind of a jerk, but I thoroughly enjoyed his interview.  I loved that he praised Rosie O so much -- Whoopi sure pruned up and looked disgusted!.  Rosie has always spoken very kindly about Howard and I 'm glad they're friends.  Think I'll check out his book.....

I remember his interview with Rosie being really interesting. Rosie talked about the abuse in her childhood. I am glad to hear he said nice things about her today. 

1 minute ago, HaaCHOO said:

93.9% agreement. A good man should probably have something to say about a pregnancy involving HIS baby...but I'm really a fence-sitter on this.

Yeah that’s a bit different. Ideally when a couple lays down, they have similar beliefs about the issue. It’s definitely complicated. 

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I haven’t watched today’s episode yet. I have mixed thoughts on Howard Stern. I won’t deny that he can be funny, entertaining, and conduct a really interesting interview.

But I remember his TV show being so trashy, that he’d pick apart women’s looks, and wonder how it would do during the metoo era. 

Yes, many years ago, someone told me stern was funny, and I should listen.  I heard a show where he had women come into the studio to compete for who got a boob job, paid for by stern. He humiliated the women, was very unkind, and he showed how little respect he had for women.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Yeah that’s a bit different. Ideally when a couple lays down, they have similar beliefs about the issue. It’s definitely complicated. 

One would think...but less true than one would hope.  Too often any "problems" are not discussed until it's too late.

• Love 3

Meghan insisting that DeBlasio killed the groundhog and 2 seconds later they show it jumping back up . What I want to know is who was the person that brought it back to life?

I wish they would have pushed back on this. He clearly didn't kill it so why is Meghan trying to twist the story other than the fact that she's an asshole ?

• Useful 1
  • Love 22
33 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Now I hate the way they drag those poor animals out every year,

YES! YES! YES!   If other shows can ask their studio audience to HOLD their applause for many reasons, "The View" should do it whenever they bring babies/children or animals onstage.  Anything else and it's cruelty.

• Love 6
44 minutes ago, Vixenstud said:

Oh FFS!  Howard, loved you during the 80’s but WTF now?  Really, had to suckle at Meghan’s huge jugs?!  Damn, could we for once have one guest that doesn’t kneel at the McCain altar?

There have been guests who most likely would not have knelt down but Meghan always seems to be away from the table those days.  I would give up all future birthday candle wishes if just one guest would come at her.  I don't even care what they would come at her with.  I would do a happy dance to see her put in her place.

• LOL 2
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

I wish men had zero input on something that has to do with our bodies, but surprisingly almost just as many women are anti-choice. 

Until it comes a time it affects themselves, their daughters, granddaughters, etc.  Then somehow this "educated opinion" changes immediately.

• Love 14
57 minutes ago, 17wheatthins said:

412DFA96-08B2-48F2-B5C7-1259FEBD1C89.gif

@17wheatthins!!!!! You'z ALIIIIIIIIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

giphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

giphy.gif

Ahem.

I'm not a fan of Stern's but I've found that he can be...perverse. So if everyone loved Her Twatness, he would have said something snarky or critical. He just likes being provocative. Or rather, a shit-stirrer. So not surprised he kissed her ass. It's like everyone who does thinks her Pappy is still alive and she'll go running home to him to tell him of all the accolades she's getting because she's "John McCain's DAUGHTER, DAMMIT!!!"

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

So not surprised he kissed her ass. It's like everyone who does thinks her Pappy is still alive and she'll go running home to him to tell him of all the accolades she's getting because she's "John McCain's DAUGHTER, DAMMIT!!!"

Well it's not like she is getting any accolades for anything else.

• LOL 16
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I haven’t watched today’s episode yet. I have mixed thoughts on Howard Stern. I won’t deny that he can be funny, entertaining, and conduct a really interesting interview.

But I remember his TV show being so trashy, that he’d pick apart women’s looks, and wonder how it would do during the metoo era. 

I think he’s probably much nicer off camera/radio because so many people like him. Regarding him being honest, he can also be a major butt kisser. Sounds like he puckered up to the princess of Arizona’s derrière today. 

Howard has ... I don't want to say re-branded, but he has always had a pulse for where the culture is. He was pro-marriage equality early on and at some point he made up with Rosie and Kathie Lee Gifford, who were two of his biggest targets of vitriol in the '90s (BABA BOOEY!). He's actually very underrated as an interviewer; you can't go on his show and try to skate. He knew damn well Whoopi wouldn't like him bringing up Rosie, so I kind of love him for not giving an F.

• Love 18
(edited)
2 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

First, they criticize  candidates for being selective  about what shows they will go on.  And any candidate  who doesnt come on The View is a snowflake.

Then, after the break, whoopi laughs and mocks Diblasio for announcing his candidacy  and launches into a tirade about how awful he is.

Do they see the hypocrisy?

Whoopi going on her Diblasio rant and Meghan giggling and shouting her dislike of  Diblasio was almost too much.  I should have  just turned it off then.

Joy seemed so annoyed with those 2 going on and on about the Mayor.  

Meghan was loving Whoopi ripping into him.

I don't know that much about Diblasio so I'm not some big supporter. I also dont live in NYC. WG and MM just annoyed me.

Howard much like Trump used to be viscous to people he thought said anything negative about him or he just didn't care for. I have a feeling alot of celebrities are scared of him. Yes, he's changed, but ask Wendy Williams her dragged her because she said he's very "Hollywood " now. She's an idiot but he got nasty and that was just a few weeks ago. 

Meghan was all giggly today I ff through most of the show. I missed the Heroin part. I  dont remember where I heard it.  It's been out there.

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 15
(edited)
28 minutes ago, JakeyJokes said:

Howard has ... I don't want to say re-branded, but he has always had a pulse for where the culture is. He was pro-marriage equality early on and at some point he made up with Rosie and Kathie Lee Gifford, who were two of his biggest targets of vitriol in the '90s (BABA BOOEY!). He's actually very underrated as an interviewer; you can't go on his show and try to skate. He knew damn well Whoopi wouldn't like him bringing up Rosie, so I kind of love him for not giving an F.

Notice how Joy was speaking positively about Rosie. Joy has had minor hiccups with past co-hosts in the past like Starr, Rosie and Elizabeth.  She does not hold a grudge, but Nutmeg will be the exception.

9 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Howard much like Trump used to be viscous to people he thought said anything negative about him or he just didn't care for. I have a feeling alot of celebrities are scared of him. Yes, he's changed, but ask Wendy Williams her dragged her because she said he's very "Hollywood " now. She's an idiot but he got nasty and that was just a few weeks ago. 

That rant against Wendy was vicious, it was really something. He attacked all of her insecurities as a woman. 

9 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Whoopi going on her Diblasio rant and Meghan giggling and shouting her dislike of  Diblasio was almost too much.  I should have  just turned it off then.

Megan loves it when Whoopie goes on a rant against a Democrat. She reacted that way when Wendy misinterpreted AOC's comments and Whoopie went on a rant. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 10
(edited)

Meghan is even more annoying when she's in a good mood. Constantly screeching about how much she loves Howard Strern and can't wait for his interview. She's SO ANNOYING.

Then after how Sunny pointed out how she found Howard's radio show super offensive in the past because of racist slurs and comments on it, and Meghan followed up by saying "I was never offended!" ... of course you weren't, white girl. Ugh she makes me so mad.

Anyway, I've always been indifferent towards Stern, but I really enjoyed his interview today.

Also, I'm sorry to say this because I love Whoopi. She's a legend and I love so much of her work, but sometimes she annoys me just as much as Meghan. 

Dream panel: Joy in Whoopi's seat, Catt Sadler to fill in for Abby, Yvette Nicole Brown, Sunny, Nicole Wallace in Meghan's seat. And Anna whenever she can, but she annoys me too sometimes.

Edited by sevenrings
  • Love 14

Meghan explaining what a snowflake is?  Clearly doesn’t know what that term means... and, I highly doubt anyone declined to go on The View because they are afraid to.  I have to believe they just can’t stomach it.  And, something I’ve been annoyed by, and almost commented on the other day-  why should Beto apologize for being on the cover of Vanity Fair?  He didn’t write the article....the View gals just regurgitated that line

• Love 17
(edited)
11 minutes ago, sevenrings said:

Also, I'm sorry to say this because I love Whoopi. She's a legend and I love so much of her work, but sometimes she annoys me just as much as Meghan. 

The View has dulled Whoopie's shine for me. She has shown to be arrogant, ill-informed nasty and makes excuses for powerful men who have committed crimes. Her comments about rape were really illuminating in a bad way.  She always puts the onus on women regarding men's behavior. I also hate how she minimizes racism and police brutality against Black men.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 24
3 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I really do believe Meghan won't be happy till it's The Meghan's View.

...and I'm not convinced it WON'T be "The Megan's View."  Can't some bigwig on another network step in and steal her away...for her own show, of course.  Leave our show alone!

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
22 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

The View has dulled Whoopie's shine for me. She has shown to be arrogant, ill-informed nasty and makes excuses for powerful men who have committed crimes. Her comments about rape were really illuminating in a bad way.  She always puts the onus on women regarding men's behavior. I also hate how she minimizes racism and police brutality against Black men.  

WORD, Apprentice79!  "The View" has allowed so many of us see The Real Whoopi. I can enjoy the actress and stage performer...as I've said many times (these days I wouldn't go out of my way to see her work), but Whoopi is the epitome of a misanthrope.  Does she appreciate ANYTHING but herself and her work...or those who are willing to suck-suck-suck up to her?

• Love 12
(edited)
45 minutes ago, sevenrings said:

Meghan is even more annoying when she's in a good mood. Constantly screeching about how much she loves Howard Strern and can't wait for his interview. She's SO ANNOYING.

Then after how Sunny pointed out how she found Howard's radio show super offensive in the past because of racist slurs and comments on it, and Meghan followed up by saying "I was never offended!" ... of course you weren't, white girl. Ugh she makes me so mad.

Anyway, I've always been indifferent towards Stern, but I really enjoyed his interview today.

Dream panel: Joy in Whoopi's seat, Catt Sadler to fill in for Abby, Yvette Nicole Brown, Sunny, Nicole Wallace in Meghan's seat. And Anna whenever she can, but she annoys me too sometimes.

Oh no she didn't! I ff through some parts I missed this part. She really is incredibly clueless 

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 9
29 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Yep,  she lost me years ago with her "rape-rape" comment.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

MEGHAN!!!!

STOP YELLING!!!!!!!!!!’

What was weird is that she was yelling at the same pitch and shrillness as when she's upset, but she was smiling. The effect was creepy.

• Love 19
49 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I agree completely with you apprentice79! She really began to lose me when she would make those faces whenever they were discussing (usually some kind of pop culture topic) and she would look at the audience and roll her eyes.  As if she was completely bored and the conversation was beneath her.  I think she is talented, and has been very lucky.  But I also think she is an insufferable snob (she just doesn’t ever think about Rosie?) and she is out of her league in many of these conversations.

• Love 16

At the close of the show, Howard called them four yentas, and Joy said, it works, we are in the news every day, and he said something about yelling and screaming, and Joy said again, it works.

Whoopi said: it doesn't work for me.

• Love 8

When NutMeg had to explain to Whoopi what a snowflake was, and said it was someone who cannot handle anyone who disagrees with them, and then said, no one on this show is a snowflake, Whoopi had a look of stunned disbelief.😁❄️

• LOL 9
  • Love 14
4 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I think he’s probably much nicer off camera/radio because so many people like him. Regarding him being honest, he can also be a major butt kisser. Sounds like he puckered up to the princess of Arizona’s derrière today. 

I have mixed feelings about him. He can be smart and funny, but he has gone Hollywood like Wendy Williams said. I think his changes have to do with aging and his second wife. His first marriage was about home life and raising kids. Now, he's got houses in the Hamptons and Florida, and he and his wife. who is almost 20 years younger than him, rub elbows with celebrities. She works with animals which is a good cause, but it gives her the spotlight which she likes. Everybody on the radio show gets ragged on but her. She's off-limits. 

I think he was genuine with Meghan. Yeah, he likes to stir things up, but I doubt he knows much about the show other than Meghan being controversial. He's pretty oblivious to things not in his world. 

These are my observations after following his radio show over the years and reading his first two books. 

Meghan doesn't care what he did on his radio show as long as he praises her and her dad. And remember, Meghan is a bad-ass rebel like HS. lol

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
(edited)
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

@17wheatthins!!!!! You'z ALIIIIIIIIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

giphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

giphy.gif

Ahem.

I'm not a fan of Stern's but I've found that he can be...perverse. So if everyone loved Her Twatness, he would have said something snarky or critical. He just likes being provocative. Or rather, a shit-stirrer. So not surprised he kissed her ass. It's like everyone who does thinks her Pappy is still alive and she'll go running home to him to tell him of all the accolades she's getting because she's "John McCain's DAUGHTER, DAMMIT!!!"

I agree.  I understand she's still grieving.  But dang, does everything have to be whether or not someone was "nice" to her dad?   Meghan M seems to be very immature for a 34 year-old.  I had to look up her age because I thought she might be younger than she looked on T.V.. Ha! 

Stern is hit or miss with me.  Stern did on The View what he does best, promote himself. So of course he's going to stir the pot to get more publicity for him at The View's expense.    

I will say that Stern paid a nice tribute  to the late Chris Cornell, a frequent guest on his show.  I think Stern had a bit of a man crush on Cornell, always being infatuated with Chris's good looks and talent. 

Edited by kiddo
  • Love 11

I'll have to find the link, but Kathy Griffin did Stern's show either the day of or the day after she got into it with Hasselbeck, and Howard couldn't believe that none of the other hosts that day seemed to get what was going on ("they kept yammering like they're at a cocktail party").

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Jewell2 said:

As if she was completely bored and the conversation was beneath her.  I think she is talented, and has been very lucky.  But I also think she is an insufferable snob (she just doesn’t ever think about Rosie?) and she is out of her league in many of these conversations.

That's the vibe she gives off each and every day!  "Insufferable snob."  I love that too!  It's funny to see her portray distain when it's truly ignorance (something she has no clue about...but she's great at giving "that look").  I agree; very lucky.

She will NEVER have the bankroll Rosie has stashed.  Rosie also has her insufferable moments too, but she can afford to come and go--work and not work--do whatever she wants that requires finances.  Sadly, a comment like Whoopi's will hurt Rosie's fragile feelings. (I'm not even a Rosie fan.)

• Love 12
1 hour ago, bannana said:

NutMeg shrieks:  I am sorry, but I grew up listening to you, Cindy McCain is my mother, I loved the show forever, I would never change it! Whilst eye-rolling and head-shaking and looking out to the audience, and sip sip sip. 

Whilst eye-rolling and head-shaking and looking out to the audience, for affirmation...I mean adoration...and sip sip sip.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Notice how Joy was speaking positively about Rosie. Joy has had minor hiccups with past co-hosts in the past like Starr, Rosie and Elizabeth.  She does not hold a grudge, but Nutmeg will be the exception.

We can only hope so.  Joy is such a complete and confident woman that we may need to encourage that grudge a bit.  It's like she had an annoying mosquito bite two weeks ago but doesn't even remember it today.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Cyranetta said:

What was weird is that she was yelling at the same pitch and shrillness as when she's upset, but she was smiling. The effect was creepy.

I've noticed this before - same shrill voice whether happy or upset. I'm surprised nobody ever sent this talk show pundint [sic] to a voice coach.

• Love 10
5 hours ago, merriebreeze said:

Whoa. I wonder if Whoopi ever saw that skit that Howard did about her and Ted Danson. That was outright insulting and racist, and he threw out the N word many times.

Maybe Howard Stern has become a little more mellowed since he's 65 and had a health scare, but for me that doesn't make up for the years of him degrading people, especially women. I'm sure his grossness made him a fortune, and he picked up a beautiful young wife along the way. He will always be a creep in my mind.

• Useful 2
  • Love 22
(edited)

Ted Danson wore blackface and said the N-word over a dozen times during the Friar's Club roast of his girlfriend Whoopi and Howard was mocking it.  Whoopi never talks about it, as if it never happened, because 1) Ted was in Blackface saying the N-word and other cringe-worthy things, and 2) Ted dumped her when his mid-life crisis was over.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11