Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 5/13/2019

falltime
  • Start Topic

17 hours ago, AuntieDiane6 said:

Well, here's the thing that I wish SOMEONE, ANYONE would ask her, 

"If life begins at conception, why hasn't anyone proposed regulating In Vitro Fertilization?  Rich, (primarily) white married couples get to create genetically perfect children of the sex of their choice without ANY regulations AT ALL?"

You are correct that IVF is against the reasons of right-to-life.  It is one of the 3 tenets they will do away with.  First things first - abortion, then contraception and lastly outlaw IVF.

• Love 8

I really hate how rude and dismissive they were about the man offering to take Elizabeth Warren's time on Fox. I get they didn't know him, hell neither did I.  Maybe that's why he wanted the airtime.  He was doing what they all agreed was right,  going on Fox to reach more people. So what do they do mock and laugh at him and tell him he needs to get on the View.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
1 minute ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I really hate how rude and dismissive they were about the man offering to take Elizabeth Warren's time on Fox. I get they didn't know him, hell neither did I.  Maybe that's why he wanted the airtime.  He was doing what they all agreed was right,  going on Fox to reach more people. So what do they do mock and laugh at him and tell him he needs to get on the View.  

I would have thought at least the political junkie would have known who he was 

• LOL 8
  • Love 7
Just now, Jewell2 said:

I would have thought at least the political junkie would have known who he was 

Nope, that Dude is not on her radar.  Dude!🤘

Sorry, Meghan repeating Dude made my eyes roll out my damn head.🙄

• LOL 14
  • Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

Megan is a horrible person and has to always attack somebody. Sunny is pro-life as well and Sunny was correct in saying that the Catholic church is staunchly pro-life. They are even against birth control and sex is for pro-creation. Megan wants to be the only pro-lifer on the panel and that is why she attacked Sunny for no reason.  She seems to have zeroed in on Sunny as a person to attack. 

Meghan going toe-to-toe with Sunny is like bringing a knife to a gun fight.

Also, LOL at Whoopi trying to flirt with Craig Ferguson. I get it.

Edited by heysmilinstrange
  • LOL 14
  • Love 10
(edited)
40 minutes ago, heysmilinstrange said:

Also, LOL at Whoopi trying to flirt with Craig Ferguson. I get it.

Thank you for reminding me Craig Ferguson was on, It's like forget or block the show as soon as it's over lol.

I love Craig Ferguson.  He has always made me laugh.  Idk if I'm just so sick of Meghan that it shades everything else. Meghan saying her husband loves CF and listening to her giggle in the background, completely ruined the interview for me. 

Sorry, I have this rational dislike of Meghan McCain, and it is starting to affect other things.

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 23
1 hour ago, Bronzedog said:

Who is the former Maryland Representative only Sunny has heard of?

Nutmeg lecturing a Catholic about being Catholic.  Rich.

Hey MM  also considers herself almost a zionist, so she's covering all the bases.

She's such a moron. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Jewell2 said:

I wish Sunny would have given Meghan a good smack down on that comment.....to the effect of “don’t sit there and act like the Catholic Church allows you to think differently if your a lawyer”.  She glares around the table after her pronouncement of who she is to the core of her being...pro life.  Good for you Meghan, your still a shitty person.

2 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

I was appalled. Meghan is such a despicable, disgusting person for even saying that to Sunny, when Sunny never said nor implied that in the first place.

I couldn't believe she said it neither!  Sunny never said that the Church makes a distinction depending on your job (being a lawyer).  Sunny said "but I'm also a lawyer and need to separate from church and state" - or words to that effect.  I also liked that someone (Sunny?) said that the Church is across the board pro-life: against the death penalty, gun control, protecting the less fortunate (I added the last one!).  I noticed that MM didn't say anything after that.   I think that MM is anti-abortion not pro-life, if she was pro-life there are many organizations/causes that promote life - gun control, helping the poor, working with/for children's causes, funding for orphan diseases, etc.  

I like Craig Freguson (sp?).  I think I'm going to get his book 🙂 

• Love 22
38 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Women like Megan will never have to do that because they can go to Canada or wherever and get it done discreetly.

They also go to very high clahss, expensive facilities where they enjoy all the after-care benefits of a wonderful spa combined with  medical care of the best hospitals...just up the street if you live in the right neighborhoods.

• Love 15
42 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Megan is too stupid to understand that type nuance, everything is black and white for that dolt.

Oh, sorry, she thought you said "new ones."

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
(edited)

I watched part of the show today just to see what they would say about Alabama.  The discussion seemed pretty subdued actually. Although I do appreciate Sunny's and Meghan's adherence to their Catholic (?) faith,  I agree with those on this forum who've stated that all of us are pro-life.   I also agree that those of us who are prochoice seem to be equally if not  more concerned about addressing quality of life issues, heavily contributing to a woman's decision of having an abortion in the first place. 

And again, although adherence to one's faith is commendable there are many us Christians as well as other religious groups, adhering to faith by being prochoice.  Pro-lifers don't corner the market on Christianity, necessarily.   

Edited by kiddo
clarification
  • Love 18
2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

She seems to have zeroed in on Sunny as a person to attack. 

1.  Because she dares NOT be too "tough chick" with Whoopi.

2 hours ago, jumper sage said:

How can she be so demonstrative and yet still think owning assault weapons is OK?

2.  Because guns don't kill people; people kill people.

2 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

So what do they do mock and laugh at him and tell him he needs to get on the View.

3.  Why not simply repeat that worthless offer they say to everyone, "We need to see you more often. Come back anytime."

1 hour ago, Coffeewinewater said:

So,  she lashes out at Sunny.

4.  See #1.

1 hour ago, heysmilinstrange said:

5.  A plastic knife from Taco Bell.

50 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Did you see how she was glaring at Whoopie when Whoopie was describing back alley abortions and the women who have died due to that type of desperation.

6.  That dud is cruisin' for a bruisin'.  She had one ally/protector on her job; our little princess has gotten too big for her Spanx (literally too).

• LOL 9
  • Love 12
3 minutes ago, kiddo said:

Although I do appreciates Sunni's and Meghan's adherence to their Catholic (?) faith informing their "consciences," 

Meghan isn't Catholic.  She claims she's an Evangelical (that may be since her marriage), but she was brought up a Baptist. She attended a Catholic girls' prep school in Phoenix, probably because it has the best academic reputation in the area...and just down the street from where she lived.

• Useful 7
  • Love 12

Craig was funny and entertaining.  Loved the story about the magicians.  His teeth look great. He is very lucky. 

Never watched the show Backlish but all the young actors who have been on The View are very impressive.  

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

Meghan isn't Catholic.  She claims she's an Evangelical (that may be since her marriage), but she was brought up a Baptist. She attended a Catholic girls' prep school in Phoenix, probably because it has the best academic reputation in the area...and just down the street from where she lived.

There is an organisation in Latin America called catholic women for the right to choose. You can be a good catholic and be worried about women dying in illegal abortions.

In my country, Peru, abortion is illegal, except if the live of the mother is in danger. A few years ago I read a report about abortion in Peru. The things a woman does to avoid a pregnancy are terrible. If you are poor, you will drink bleach, use a hanger, even a wood stick. 

If you are rich, you will pay a $2000 fee and you will have an abortion in a very nice clinic. 

About Meghan, it is so naive or stupid believe criminalising abortion is going to stop women having abortion.

When a woman wants an abortion, she will have it, even if she has to risk her own life. 

• Love 11

Just watching today's show now, and realized I automatically watch this show on mute (with captions) because MehGuns voice always makes my teeth itch.  I just can't listen to that whiny, sanctimonious voice even for a second anymore.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, Tosia said:

Hey MM  also considers herself almost a zionist, so she's covering all the bases.

She's such a moron. 

Hahaha, I was gonna say, she thinks nothing of lecturing Jewish people on antisemitism either. God she's a moron!

2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Another thing is that Sunny is a proponent of church and state and is able to put her feelings aside about Abortion and will defend it as the law of the land if she has to as an officer of the court. Megan is too stupid to understand that type nuance, everything is black and white for that dolt.

This is exactly right and why it's so frustrating having Meghan on the panel. No one can have any interesting discussions without her screaming about what is right and wrong over everyone else. I can respect Sunny's position because she is much more thoughtful about it, even though I am very much pro-choice myself. Actually, she said something interesting the other day where she mentioned she was pro-life, including being for gun control and against the death penalty. Joy said that at least Sunny is consistent. I'm pro-choice and for gun control and against the death penalty and I thought: "I wonder if that is an inconsistent point of view to have or not?" I don't think so (plus I live somewhere with access to abortion, gun control and no death penalty so it's a moot point really), but it was interesting to think about. Meghan doesn't inspire that kind of reflection in one's self haha.

And with Meghan, she is so awful I don't really respect her point of view, even on the occasions when I agree with her. Also, if Ana Kasparian is right that Meghan's public opinions and private opinions on this topic are different, then it's no wonder she splutters and never makes sense with what she's arguing. Unlike Sunny, Ana or Joy, nothing comes from a deep set of values developed critically over time, hence her being reduced to screaming at people, making accusations, and just generally being unpleasant.

• Love 20
9 minutes ago, SuzieSioux said:

And with Meghan, she is so awful I don't really respect her point of view, even on the occasions when I agree with her. Also, if Ana Kasparian is right that Meghan's public opinions and private opinions on this topic are different, then it's no wonder she splutters and never makes sense with what she's arguing. Unlike Sunny, Ana or Joy, nothing comes from a deep set of values developed critically over time, hence her being reduced to screaming at people, making accusations, and just generally being unpleasant.

Meghan got flustered today when Joy thought her anti abortion views were because she was a conservative and Meghan said something like I'm all about life. There is something about her being so anti choice that just doesn't ring true to me.

• Love 15
(edited)

I am disappointed that no one at the table stepped up to defend Elizabeth Warren's decision not to do a Fox "News" town hall. (Et Tu, Joy?) Why should she try to win over Fox News viewers?  It's a lost cause. Don't give oxygen to racism. 

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Love 24
(edited)
12 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

I am disappointed that no one at the table stepped up to defend Elizabeth Warren's decision not to do a Fox "News" town hall. (Et Tu, Joy?) Why should she try to win over Fox News viewers?  It's a lost cause. Don't give oxygen to racism. 

I agree, Foxnews is a propaganda machine.  The majority of people in this country who are eligible to vote don't vote because they are apathetic and feel that their voices do not matter.  Elizabeth and others running need to give them a reason to vote in 2020. Why try to win over Fox News viewers who would never vote for a Democrat even if it would improve their lives and that of their children.  The ladies implied that Elizabeth was too scared to face Fox News, that is not the case at all. She is a realist and Elizabeth Warren was a Republican who became a Democrat over time. Her evolution is very fascinating, in my opinion. Also, she has gone into red states and red districts in blue states to get out her message, so she does not need FoxNews.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 20
5 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Who is the former Maryland Representative only Sunny has heard of?

John Delaney, a former congressman from Maryland.  I live in Maryland and I'd never heard of him when he declared, but now I'm aware he's running.  You'd think the pundint from her time in utero would know as much as I do.  RME

I can certainly understand MM's stated position on abortion, which I personally disagree with, but she's so snotty and dismissive in framing her argument that it's "exhausting" - to quote her.  If you think abortion is murder, I can't persuade you otherwise.  But if I don't, stay the hell out of my uterus!  (Thank God I'm old 😀)

• Love 21

Sunny at least can articulate the pro-life position, while Nutmeg just waves the title like the banner in Les Miz. 

What drives me nuts is that the question isn't really when life begins, but when humanity begins, since if one were truly dedicated to life one wouldn't take antibiotics, since it would be killing bacterial life. When humanity begins is strictly a religious interpretation, which Sunny also clearly articulates, and even the Catholic church has been all over the map on that question, let alone other branches of Christianity or other religions, or lack of religion. 

Although I doubt she can, it would be interesting to hear MM articulate why her religious belief should be the determining factor in making laws affecting all.

• Love 19
18 minutes ago, jalady said:

John Delaney, a former congressman from Maryland.  I live in Maryland and I'd never heard of him when he declared, but now I'm aware he's running.  You'd think the pundint from her time in utero would know as much as I do.  RME

Thanks!  I live in Maryland too and have heard of him, but, didn't know that he's running for President.

• Love 6

But MM doesn't say it's a religious belief.  She just says she believes life begins at conception.  So abortion is murder.  Point blank period.  And the rest of us just need to get with the program or we're murderers.  It's just the height of hubris?  Entitlement?  Stupidity?  I don't even know how to describe it . . .

• Love 22
(edited)
2 hours ago, Anthea84 said:

When a woman wants an abortion, she will have it, even if she has to risk her own life. 

When a woman wants needs an abortion, she will have it, even if she has to risk her own life. 

As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end.  Amen.

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • Love 11
58 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

When a woman wants needs an abortion, she will have it, even if she has to risk her own life. 

As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end.  Amen.

And these laws will continue to put the most marginalized and financially disadvantaged at risk while the wealthy will continue to get their backdoor abortions by well to do doctors in sterile environments with proper tools. Many politicians will continue to advocate for the sanctity of all life while they shut down gun control laws, vote to cut spending on health and education that directly support young and growing children..all things that are supposed to protect and positively nurture young lives. And of course many of these politicians will vote for abortion laws but will readily pay for their mistresses to have one and they'll hope they cover their tracks well enough so that they never get caught.

• Love 22
2 hours ago, merriebreeze said:

Exactly.  The Fox viewers who will vote for someone other than what we have now don't need the candidates to appear on their station.  His supporters won't be swayed by anyone on the Dem ticket.  Best bet is to go after those that haven't voted in the past and forget about changing minds.  If they aren't changed yet they never will be.  

I did like Sunny and her pro life stance.  I may be pro choice but I respect her point of view and she can say it without getting spun up or making nasty comments.  

I still want someone to talk about Mr. Nutmeg's rage tweets.  That was a big effin deal and should not be swept under the rug.  Only because it would be entertaining as all get out!

• Love 20

For anyone who didn't watch, this sums up the awkward and inappropriate discussion re abortion with NutMeg telling Sunny, who is Catholic, that the Church doesn't agree with her!

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/05/the-view-erupts-after-meghan-mccain-questions-co-hosts-catholic-beliefs/

And Whoopi kept trying to tell NutMeg that isn't what Sunny said, but NutMeg just kept barrelling ahead.  And then she shuffled around on her stool and sipped, sipped, sipped.

How much gall must you have to start telling someone else that what they believe doesn't line up with their religion?

The whole segment started out awkwardly, with NutMeg scowling before she even hoisted herself into her chair, and scowling when Joy joked that all the white men in the pic should get snipped.  Then she made the strange comment that discussing abortion is so complex that it is difficult to discuss on a morning talk show.  WTF🤦‍♀️!

And she then announced that this is the battleground issue in America.  Really?

• Useful 2
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

I still want someone to talk about Mr. Nutmeg's rage tweets.

Please don't let The Powers That Be know YOU are the one who posted this. Even a whisper is verboten.  Bob Iger must run all decisions on this topic through Meghan for her approval.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, jalady said:

But MM doesn't say it's a religious belief.  She just says she believes life begins at conception.

HEY!  It's a scientific faaaaaaaact!  Meghan said so.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Warren needs to appeal to people like me..independents and more moderates.  Her wanting an endorsement from peeps like AOC turn me off.

However, she needs to go on Fox since she wants to be president of the USA..not just the Dems..or far left.  Bernie has done Fox News..so what's the problem? 

• Love 2
(edited)
12 minutes ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

Bernie has done Fox News..so what's the problem? 

I agree.  Mayor Pete did the Fox Sunday morning show. 

Not just Republicans watch Fox News.  Some Independents do as well and maybe a few Democrats, too.  Let them see some viewpoints other than the usual Fox talking heads.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, merriebreeze said:

Joy did defend her. She was shouted down by Whoopi and McCain. She pointed out to Sunny that Trump doesn't go on CNN or MSNBC, so why should she be expected to go on FOX?

• Love 18