Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 5/13/2019

falltime
  • Start Topic

Monday, May 13 – The Political View with Senator Tom Cotton (R-AK) (author, “Sacred Duty: A Soldier’s Tour at Arlington National Cemetery”); “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday, May 14 – Daytime Exclusive: The Political View with 2020 Democratic presidential candidate Beto O’Rourke

Wednesday, May 15 – Craig Ferguson (author, “Riding the Elephant: A Memoir of Altercations, Humiliations, Hallucinations, and Observations”); Yara Shahidi (“The Sun Is Also a Star”)

Thursday, May 16 – Howard Stern (author, “Howard Stern Comes Again”)

Friday, May 17 – The Political View with 2020 Democratic presidential candidate Senator Amy Klobuchar (D-MN); “Feel Good Friday: View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Craig Ferguson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smartest and funniest talk show host ever! 

He had a new book out. He was on Colbert last week. 

Love him and miss him on my tv.

Can I  stream his old talk show?  

• Love 7
(edited)

Did Meghan say, "liberals believe in science when it comes to climate change, but not conception of life?" Something along those lines? She also called abortion murder. We already know this, but she is incredibly misinformed and clearly doesn't know the first thing about the "science" behind what she speaks of...

Meghan also took a shot at Ana, who she randomly questioned on whether she's pro-life or pro-choice, because Meghan "isn't sure." It reminded me of Meghan questioning Ana on whether she's still a Republican.  

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Useful 2
  • Love 22
17 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Nutmeg is stewing on the panel, she is angry about people having a different opinion on Abortion.

The Supreme Court had a different opinion too.  Guess when SHE's President, she'll strike that one.

Roe v. Wade was a 1973 landmark decision by the US Supreme Court. The court ruled that a state law that banned abortions (except to save the life of the mother) was unconstitutional. ... Roe was limited by a later decision called Webster v. Reproductive Health (1989), which allowed regulation of abortion in some cases.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Alexis2291 said:

I wonder if Meghan is gonna talk all that smack about Beto O’Rourke to his face? 

Sure, she'll try her weak-ass gotcha question, even though it fails epically every single time.  

The people she tries to "get" are so much smarter than her.  

Actually, everyone, anyone is so much smarter than her.  

Or maybe she'll be "sick" again.

Chickenshit. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 14
2 minutes ago, CynicalGirl said:

Meghan has a lot of nerve criticizing Constance Wu after the vile tweets her husband posted and deleted. 

I had to copy, just so I could like this again ❤️❤️❤️

• LOL 9
  • Love 15
2 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

She kept on repeating it like it was so profound, I just rolled my eyes.  She is out of her depth and she knows it.

I beg to differ that she knows she's out of her depth. Whoever bought her the word of the day calendar, you need to suffer. :D

• LOL 11
  • Love 6
22 minutes ago, Jewell2 said:

I had to copy, just so I could like this again ❤️❤️❤️

Thank you, but oops I see Apprentice posted the same thought first. That's what I get for only skimming before posting. But as they say, great minds think alike. 🙂

• Love 9
(edited)
9 minutes ago, nokat said:

I beg to differ that she knows she's out of her depth. Whoever bought her the word of the day calendar, you need to suffer. 😄

You are right, she is delusional and believes she should be on the panel with these women who made their own way.

I get a kick out of her coming out everyday with a scowl on her face.  There is tension between her and Sunny because Sunny barely looked at her today.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 20
(edited)
29 minutes ago, rickhurst3186 said:

Meg's word of the day: "clicktivism".

Quite obvious that she just learned this word that morning.  I don't follow her on Twitter, but I'd be willing to bet that MM regularly retweets things that she has not researched or fully thought through.  It's the nature of Twitter.  

MM really doesn't bring anything to the pro-life discussion other than abortion is murder, especially when she doesn't even want to consider rape, incest, life of the mother, or severe deformities of the fetus.  I also found interesting that during her abortion is murder rant, Anna tried to interjet, and MM pretty rudely cut her off with a "let me finish" as she just continued saying repeating abortion is murder.    Anna's face was not happy.   Then when Anna finally got a chance to talk, MM interrupted her multiple times.  If Anna is there on a regular basis, I predict a major MM/Anna blow up soon.  

Also like seeing Whoopi push back on MM.   She's doing it more and more.  She seems to be the only one who can, without MM getting disrespectful.   Which may be why some people think Whoopi coddles. her?

Edited by After7Only
  • Love 19

Meghan, if you are going to use "science" as justification for your views, please cite specific sources.  I wanted someone to ask her if there should be any exception for rape and incest because that's wherein the hypocracy lies. 

• Love 20
1 minute ago, Haleth said:

Meghan, if you are going to use "science" as justification for your views, please cite specific sources.  I wanted someone to ask her if there should be any exception for rape and incest because that's wherein the hypocracy lies. 

Or even a lifeless fetus. It is so frustrating. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Alexis2291 said:

Did Meghan say, "liberals believe in science when it comes to climate change, but not conception of life?" Something along those lines? She also called abortion murder. We already know this, but she is incredibly misinformed and clearly doesn't know the first thing about the "science" behind what she speaks of...

Meghan also took a shot at Ana, who she randomly questioned on whether she's pro-life or pro-choice, because Meghan "isn't sure." It reminded me of Meghan questioning Ana on whether she's still a Republican.  

That's a conveniently ignorant statement considering that while science has determined point of conception, science is not unaninmous in what consitutes the point of human life.

• Useful 4
  • Love 17
56 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I don't think she believes in any exceptions.  When the other panelists brought up gray areas like rape and incest.  MM repeated that the issue is black and white and abortion is murder.  

So when MM says that the liberal pro-choice platforms don't have room for women like her, I'm not sure what she is expecting.   Pro-choice means you can decide for yourself and family whether or not you would like an abortion.   Just don't know what room can be made for someone who's opinion is 'if your choice is different than mine, you are a murderer'.   

• Love 21

1 hour ago, HaaCHOO said:

The Supreme Court had a different opinion too.  Guess when SHE's President, she'll strike that one.

Roe v. Wade was a 1973 landmark decision by the US Supreme Court. The court ruled that a state law that banned abortions (except to save the life of the mother) was unconstitutional. ... Roe was limited by a later decision called Webster v. Reproductive Health (1989), which allowed regulation of abortion in some cases.

Don't tempt fate.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Imagine the dilemma that Nutmeg would face if she were to find herself to be pregnant after stating so many times that she doesn't want children.  Presuming she accepted her plight and bore her child, I can't imagine the agonies that child might face throughout his/her life with such a mother.

• Love 10
(edited)
5 minutes ago, heysmilinstrange said:

While I disagree with Meghan's stance on abortion (and the way she shares it), I totally agree that the proposed sex strike is not feminist.

I assumed Alyssa was being facetious when she said that. Joy did tell her that  if Abortion is banned then it will be birth control.. Megan needs to read about what happened in Romania when Abortion and birth control were not only banned but women were mandated by the government to have 5 kids to increase the country's population.  The unintended consequences were horrific and chilling.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
24 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I assumed Alyssa was being facetious when she said that. Joy did tell her that  if Abortion is banned then it will be birth control.. Megan needs to read about what happened in Romania when Abortion and birth control were not only banned but women were mandated by the government to have 5 kids to increase the country's population.  The unintended consequences were horrific and chilling.  

If it doesn't affect Her Twatness, then she doesn't give any fucks. As she has shown, told and proven. I cannot wait for her to disappear into irrelevancy again.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, Tunia said:

Imagine the dilemma that Nutmeg would face if she were to find herself to be pregnant after stating so many times that she doesn't want children.  Presuming she accepted her plight and bore her child, I can't imagine the agonies that child might face throughout his/her life with such a mother.

Oh hell no. Are you kidding?  That will be the darling Golden Grandchild.  Doted and spoiled to no end.  If Mom is not available, plenty of family if willing and able..

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, Anthea84 said:

Like the princess of Arizona?

Nutmeg is mad because her contract was probably not renew. 

No. The original question was why Meghan brought up Heigl, when the topic was Constance Wu. My reply, "burning bridges" was because when Heigl was on Grey's Anatomy and left/wanted to leave, she burned bridges when she trash talked the show. I don't know that--it's just what I've read. And Constance Wu's tweets last week were of a similar nature. And that's probably why Meghan brought her up.

This show will not jettison Meghan until after 2020. If anyone else other than her had acted the say she has? They'd have been FIRED looong ago. Yet here she still remains.

• Love 12

Nutmeg's upper lip was in full snarl mode today, but there was no screeching or lunging across the table.  Someone has talked to her.

But as you all have mentioned, the complete lack of self-awareness she must have to criticize anyone who tweets without thinking of the consequences, well 🤦‍♀️

And while Wu's tweets were certainly ill-advised there is no comparison to what Mr. Nutmeg rage-tweeted.  That is swept under the carpet and NutMeg continues to blather on with her opinions on other people's stupid tweets.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
5 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

This show will not jettison Meghan until after 2020. If anyone else other than her had acted the say she has? They'd have been FIRED looong ago. Yet here she still remains.

I agree with this, but I am hoping that she will implode during a tirade when somebody pushes back on her talking points  and she says unspeakable things that will get her fired..

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
10 minutes ago, Anthea84 said:

Like the princess of Arizona?

Nutmeg is mad because her contract was probably not renew. 

Omg dont joke like that!  I had two bottles of champagne in my arms and ready to pop! All in less than 5 seconds. Trust me, its a drill run over and over and over, etc.  Can run it in my sleep.  Someday it will come true.

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

Megan needs to read about what happened in Romania when Abortion and birth control were not only banned but women were mandated by the government to have 5 kids to increase the country's population.

HEY!  That happened before she was born.  We've learned that anything before October 23, 1984--the Year of Our Princess (or a certain Republican convention) is of any import.

• LOL 4
  • Love 11
10 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

She does ABC much more harm than good.  Even if the ratings are up I don't attribute that to Meghan. I don't know what the suits think they are accomplishing by having her at that table. She doesn't do her party in favors. And she sure as fuck doesn't do us viewers any favors by having to watch and listen to her obnoxious behavior.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, heysmilinstrange said:

I totally agree that the proposed sex strike is not feminist.

Hmmm...can't a woman do what a woman wants to do (or not) and still be a feminist?

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

She is out of her depth and she knows it.

I wonder if she does.  She has been playing the "knows it all" game for so long she no longer has a sliver of shame, embarrassment, excuses, or self-awareness.  When Professor Irwin Corey died a couple of years ago, Meghan became the World's Foremost Authority™ (on everything).

• Love 11
3 hours ago, CynicalGirl said:

Meghan has a lot of nerve criticizing Constance Wu after the vile tweets her husband posted and deleted. 

Exactly, CynicalGirl!   Guess she thinks it was "so long ago" it has all blown over.  What an idiot.  Her life is full of contradictions.

• Love 12

Was so happy to see Ana in the credits and at the table. Hope she’s the full time fill in for Abby.

The abortion conversation was great because it showed the panelists all with true differing opinions. This show is best when that is on full display.

• Love 19
3 minutes ago, geekburger said:

The abortion conversation was great because it showed the panelists all with true differing opinions. This show is best when that is on full display.

If only Nutmeg was not there, it would have been perfect.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 12