Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E20: Vianey and Allen's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, ELFairy said:

Did they leave those little doggos at home? 😕

No. I saw them at the hotel. 

How could they not notice the mattress fly out?? Why didn't they stop and get it?

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, epc said:

I know, it makes a tremendous difference! Whenever I get stuck on a plateau, IF will force that stubborn scale to move down.

I have been doing IF for over 2 months now. So far, just skipping breakfast, but that's huge for me as I was always told breakfast is important, and being diabetic, they beat u over the head about skipping meals. The thing is, when they say eat 3 meals and 2 snacks, your body is always processing food, and since the ADA says its OK for a female to eat 175 gms of carbs a day, you've always got carbs in your system. I've reduced meds and working on getting off of them by doing low carb/semi keto most of the time. I want to do OMAD, but am afraid to do it at work.  I think I should start with a longer window and then work on shortening it. I'm losing weight, so this craziness is paying off.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, honeywest said:

“I hope we can get out of Illinois today.”

To drive from Chicago all the way through Illinois should be about a 4-hour drive.  Maybe 5, tops.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, Hana Chan said:

It boggles my mind that sitting in a car is some kind of ordeal that they can't handle for more than a few hours. I love to travel and even though I'm overweight, I can sit in a coach seat for a twenty hour trip to Thailand.

Allen is being a trooper, but all she does is whine.   I think it's not the amount of pain, it's the unwillingness to tolerate even minimal amount of discomfort.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
Just now, Hellga said:

Allen is being a trooper, but all she does is whine.   I think it's not the amount of pain, it's the unwillingness to tolerate even minimal amount of discomfort.

None of them can withstand any discomfort. That’s why they get so heavy. They can’t handle the slightest hunger pangs.

• Love 10

The state of Chicago?  She is very knowledged!  

I almost felt sorry for her when her mattress flew off - I would have been pissed if we lost something when I was moving from Nebraska to New Jersey using just my car and my Dad's pickup truck - but her whining put me off.  I say it's her just desserts! 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, cmpbl said:

Why can't they go back and get the mattress?

'Cause they might get hit by a semi while they pick up stuff in the middle of the interstate?

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

She needs her comfort food to get her through. Big gooey candy bar at the gas station. 

I do believe she's in pain. All that weight has to be hard on her joints and she's having to sit in basically the same squished position in that truck, can't move much to try to get comfortable. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, mmecorday said:

"We can't afford no bed!" Of course you can't. You spent the amount a bed would cost every day on food!

Seriously if they would skip just a couple of these humongous fast food orders, there is your mattress money right there. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7

Are they just going to leave the mattress on the road? It could have killed someone and all she cares about is where she is going to sleep. Has to eat chocolate to recover from the trauma.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, CircusPeanuts said:

What I think would be helpful for these people is for Dr Now to be VERY specific with a diet. List out exact meal choices and portions. For example: breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs, one orange, coffee. Snack: string cheese + carrots. Etc.

I’m not sure, but I wonder if the diet information he gives them is too vague? 

Not an ORANGE! [clutches pearls]

• LOL 9
5 minutes ago, Wanda said:

Is it my imagination or is VNA all about her? Not we? In her talking heads.

Does this surprise you? Pounditicpants, all I care about is shoving food in my maw

• Love 1

Clothes line is cheap, and would have kept everything in the back of the truck.     They should have put the mattress in the back, put her on it, put a tarp on top, and tied it down with clothes line.     Then she would be comfortable all the way to Houston.  

• LOL 11
  • Love 1

I want to have sympathy for these people. I really do. It's just, she's making it very hard. The self-pity and self-indulgence over the least bit of discomfort or challenge wears on my nerves.

That was a huge mess of fried food and my stomach hurts just looking at it. 

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, preciousperfect said:

The mattress thing pisses me off just a few years ago up here, there was a woman that was killed because some idiot on the highway didn’t have a mattress tied down. 

During her whining about not having a bed, I was like "um, maybe you should check and make sure no one was hurt or killed by your flying mattress?!"

• Love 6
(edited)
7 minutes ago, IOU Payne said:

Ahh, chocolate to calm her down!  

She would “sober” quickly if she realized that the way she uses food is the way that her mother used  booze!!! 

Edited by Kid
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, CringeWatcher said:

You go girl. F it, just order the family meal. No grapes and sugar free jam nonsense from this one!

just wait, by the time they get to Dr. Now, that meal will magically transform into one grilled chicken sandwich, hold the bun! 

• LOL 5
(edited)
15 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Don't get me started on grapes; as I've explained before, they're a gateway fruit. 

Where do we stand on cantaloupe, honeydew, and strawberries? That's what I had with lunch.

Oh, god, we do not need another Kate Goslin show.

Edited by ams1001
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4

We just moved from ND to the DC area. We did it in 3 days. With 3 kids, ages 8 and twins who are just 3.  3 days. The kids didn't complain much.  These people bitch incessantly. 

• Love 12
6 minutes ago, Hana Chan said:

Thailand was amazing. Last year was a good year to travel. Went to Thailand in January and then Budapest and Prague in October.

Next trip... Vietnam or Japan (doing both, just not sure which one first).

Daughter-in-law there now! Daily instagrams!

• Love 2
Just now, aliya said:

'Cause they might get hit by a semi while they pick up stuff in the middle of the interstate?

You do not want to mess with traffic anywhere near the Chicago interstates. Trust me.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
20 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

I like gravy or butter on pasties.  Yum!

Pasties? Are you from the UP? 😲

Edited by aliya
thinking faster than i can type
  • Love 3