Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E15: Terms Of Service

• Start Topic

Little Zari is too cute. She’s a dragon mama! And adult Zari reads the fine print! She’s the hero we will never deserve. 

NeuRay’s evil hair is perfect. I love how Routh is playing him. He’s such a douche and it’s excellent. 

Gary wishing for his own book club is so Gary. I love Nora going for the wine after being forced to speed read. But don’t you DARE take the Waverider! It’s not yours! But yes you should play Settlers. 

Con meeting with Lucifer and his pals was cool. 

Nice twist of Tabitha helping her fellow witch Nora to ultimately help herself. She’s a great match for NeuRay and looks awesome in her new outfit. Poor Nora becoming Gary’s new Fairy Godmother but I did enjoy her yelling at him as she went to hell. 

Charlie and Zari letting the creatures loose was cute. I may have laughed hard at the gnome. 

• Love 6
(edited)

I don't know where my show went. I was barely bothered to pay attention to this episode. 

Of course they'd forgive Gary when he was holding them hostage and working with a demon and an evil witch just because they don't like him. I didn't mind Gary before, now I don't want him around. What he did shouldn't just be forgiven. Mind controlling people is wrong. 

Then we had Nora and John suddenly being dumb and trusting with people they are evil. Especially John, really the actual devil and his demons. Come on. Also Hell is just a rave in Detroit? At least on the show Lucifer, Hell is people reliving their worst nightmares over and over again That Hell doesn't seem that bad.

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 3

For some reason, I was fixated on Zari's and Ray's hairstyles this episode.  Zari's style seemed like something from the sixties and Ray is looking like a seventies weatherman.  Brandon needs a haircut, toute suite!

I know they can't do nudity on broadcast tv, but a strip club where noone is stripping, (and in Hell, no less!) just looks dumb.  They should have used another setting,  like maybe a biker bar.

Frankly, I've never liked mixing magic with sci-fi or superheroes so I'll be glad when this season is done.  Hopefully they can someday return to the original premise of this show.

• Love 5

The Gary stuff went on too long.   Yes, they've treated him badly (making him work without pay? jeez, Ava) but whatever the show was doing with him here didn't work for me.  Ava's and Sara's fake friendliness was funny at first but the bit needed to be over quickly for it to work better; it should have stopped at book club.  I expected them to talk him down much more easily.  I don't like the main Legends being essentially powerless against magic, if they're going to keep magic in the show, they need to work with that. 

I felt sorry for Mona.  Ray as Neuron is a great villain - he's threatening and BR is really selling it.

I liked Charlie and Zara teaming up.  This is why we don't need Mona and we need much less Gary.  Our actual Legends shine when they work together.

I like Constantine and was looking forward to his inclusion but we only have Constantine and Nora who can work magic, so like I already said, the show needs to work with it better because our mains are then powerless.   Just give Constantine back his own show, which I really liked.  He can guest star occasionally on this one or something.

I don't feel like LoT has managed to work in his darker, more cynical view that well; the show's premise doesn't support it really.  With Asha now grown up and probably pissed off, it seems they are laying the groundwork for darker stuff next season.   It doesn't fit. 

Also, Nora should have been much smarter than to fall for the Fairy Godmother's trick.  I know she was worried about Mona but Nora is skilled in magic and was trained by her father.   Don't make our characters dumb, show.

• Love 4

The continuity people really are working hard for their money the last few weeks! We get more references to season 1 and why Rip brought them together, monsters of episodes past (including the possessed Stein puppet!) and the Constantine plot is basically a sequel to his show, I love it. 

So Hell is basically Star City after 2:00 AM? With a couple more torture pits? Sounds about right. John should have known right away that Satan was lying, both because, duh Satan, and also because any real version of Ray would tell John to save someone else, especially a little kid, over him any day. His story has taken many dark turns, including Astra becoming an angry young women who grew up in Hell and has become like the monsters who tortured her, Ray is still lost in Hell somewhere, and now John is going to be tortured by the demons who he sent there. Yeah...dark turn there. 

Neuron wearing Rays body is a great villain, Brandon is clearly having a freaking blast playing evil, and he is doing a great job. Him cheerfully telling Nora how her father is in Hell and has been tortured to madness and that Ray is suffering in there too was just full on super villain stuff. He and the Fairy Godmother are truly a match made in hell. 

Awww kitty backpack! Zari and Charlie are a great team, and tiny Zari is so adorable! Now I like to imagine little Zari and little ray somehow meeting and bonding over their little magic friends they raise. 

Gary probably got off too easily for what he did, but he seemed more pathetic than evil most of the time, and there is a lot going on, so all hands on deck I guess. There has been way too much side characters this season in general, when the show focuses on our actual leads, it shines so much brighter. 

Having Gary work overtime for pay though? Yeah, thats not cool, Ava. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, cdnalor said:

I know they can't do nudity on broadcast tv, but a strip club where noone is stripping, (and in Hell, no less!) just looks dumb.  

If you think about it a no nudity strip club seems kind of appropriate for hell...

• LOL 7
  • Love 8
(edited)

Usually they balance the serious stuff with the ridiculous pretty well, but this episode was crap. I can't stand Gary, so I fast forwarded most of that.

I really miss Stein and Jax. 

Was the fairy supposed to be Maleficent? 🤨

Edited by Writing Wrongs
  • Love 1
(edited)

Neron harvests souls by hiding the invitation in the terms of service for a new app. Apparently, South Park is aired in the deepest pits. Neron probably saw the "HumancentiPad" episode, thought it too gross, and then came up with a less disgusting plan along those lines. Good for him. I still hope he gets exorcised.

Gary? On the one hand, he's basically been a complete prick, and being the series buttmonkey can only excuse for so much. On the other hand, isn't the team built on forgiveness? Mick betrayed the team to the Legion of Doom, and they took over the world and altered time, and the only real punishment he got was getting belted in the face several times. Nah . . . Gary has been one-note, and watching him abuse Tabitha and wreck the Legends was several steps too far. I'm not saying send him to Hell in exchange for Ray . . . but he does need to go. He made Sara and Ava dance really, really fast. That's no way to treat the Arrowverse's Best Girl and her partner.

Nice that the Hellblazer comics play into John's story, where no one member of the Triumvirate can't claim his soul without fighting the other two. Of course, he gets jobbed into rescuing a girl that grew up to be hardened by the inferno. Sadly, we don't see Ray in Hell being Ray, meaning that he would have been trying to make the best out of his situation.

Anyone hoping ARGUS Dystopia winds up negated? Zari deserves less angst. If the baby dragon sets fire to her younger self, that would be a moot point.

Tabitha tricks Nora into becoming a Fairy Godmother, and Gary unknowingly sends her to Hell on a rescue mission. Seems about right. So does Gary wishing for a third nipple. Gotta have a backup, right?

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 2

Sara has to give the "we're screw ups and that's why we're the best" speech a couple times every season.

The team were either just a little too late or did the wrong thing multiple times in this episode. Must mean it's setting up the season finale!

The world of the Legends is getting a little crowded. If the "Legends" are Sara, Ray, Mick, Nate, Charlie, Zari and Constantine (I guess), how do Nora, Gary and Ava fit in? How can the CW pay all these people and keep the show on the air?

I like the main demons are like old mob bosses and not Tom Ellis. This show isn't Lucifer.

I really enjoyed this episode, except for the Gary stuff. It was amusing in the beginning but it went on too long. 

What a turnaround. Last week everyone was complaining about how Zari was ruined. This week she’s back to her own plot. Little Zari was adorable. I’m terrible with ages so I can’t tell how old she is, but this story feels like a retread of when Ray found the Dominator. 

I was actually willing to give Gary a little bit slack when he told the Legends that he had been making dumb wishes to keep the Fairy Godmother preoccupied, but then he actually cursed the Legends and I was done.

3 hours ago, cdnalor said:

For some reason, I was fixated on Zari's and Ray's hairstyles this episode.  Zari's style seemed like something from the sixties and Ray is looking like a seventies weatherman.  Brandon needs a haircut, toute suite!

I hated Zari’s bangs. I thought Ray’s hairstyle this episode was the best it’s ever look. Lately his hair has been long and wild but tonight it looked better. I’ve also loved Charlie’s hair this season. Tonight it looked like the braided section of her hair had pink highlights.

• Love 3
(edited)

I’m guessing Zari’s bangs were to show how similar she looked to little Zari- her hair was back to normal at the end.

BR is killing it as Neron. I would have loved to see a few more episodes of him playing a douche (Nate calling him one cracked me up). Poor Nora getting tricked into being a Fairy Godmother, then screaming at Gary as she went off to hell (did she call him a dick?) was equally funny. Even though there were funny scenes, the rest was so depressing. Constantine being tortured is going to suck, and I didn’t like him being dumbed down so Satan could trick him into not picking Ray.

Season finale next week already? I’m not ready to part with this crazy show yet.

Edited by twoods
  • Love 5
39 minutes ago, BaggythePanther said:

I was actually willing to give Gary a little bit slack when he told the Legends that he had been making dumb wishes to keep the Fairy Godmother preoccupied, but then he actually cursed the Legends and I was done.

I might be too willing to give the writers some slack in exchange for the joy they give me, because I know exactly why they wrote that curse scene in: because the actresses playing Sara and Ava have MAD TAP-DANCE SKILZ. They may have begged the writers to include that scene or they may not, but either way, those two are loving life because of that scene. When they are old and gray, that scene will be a special memory for them.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, owenthurman said:

I might be too willing to give the writers some slack in exchange for the joy they give me, because I know exactly why they wrote that curse scene in: because the actresses playing Sara and Ava have MAD TAP-DANCE SKILZ. They may have begged the writers to include that scene or they may not, but either way, those two are loving life because of that scene. When they are old and gray, that scene will be a special memory for them.

Caity Lotz actually said she doesn’t like tap dancing. 

I expected something to come from NeuRay labeling Zari a witch. Her picture was prominently displayed as someone to fear so I thought that might cause some difficulty, but I guess not.

Do the people at the Time Bureau know they’re working for a demon, are they under a spell, or do they not care? 

Edited by BaggythePanther

Presumably they are still nipnotized. 

I think Neron labeling Zari a witch was just a call back to the Salem episode. 

I think this is the first episode where our group of time travellers.... didn't time travel.  Not a milestone the should have been aiming for.  Shows just how much the Bureau and magical stuff have dragged down the show. 

• Love 3

Curse you, Neuron and your evil "Terms & Conditions" plan!  Now I'm thinking of all the companies I've no doubt sold my soul to by not reading the fine print!

Should have known that Gary having Fairy Godmother support was going to lead to him doing more silly stuff like wanting to be part of Book Club or be the captain of the Waverider since he's still that needy guy, who just wants to be part of the team.  But I really don't know where they are going to go with him going forward, since he still willingly teamed up with a demon and attacked the team with his newfound powers.  To be fair, I guess all of the Legends have done something in the past that they no doubt regret, but I just don't see the show ever exploring that with Gary since he's mainly a comic relief character.

Wish we got more of Zari and Charlie teaming up, because they're always a fun do.

Nora totally should have seen that Tabitha was up to something, but Courtney Ford continues to have some of the best reaction in the game.  She's been a great addition to the show.

Constantine's trip to Hell ended up being kind of dull, since I really don't care that much about the Abigail character, and just felt bad that he picked her over Ray.  And, of course, that was all a trick too.  Not the best outing for the Legends, here. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Maverick said:

Presumably they are still nipnotized. 

I think Neron labeling Zari a witch was just a call back to the Salem episode. 

I think this is the first episode where our group of time travellers.... didn't time travel.  Not a milestone the should have been aiming for.  Shows just how much the Bureau and magical stuff have dragged down the show. 

They don't wear their hero outfits, now they are not time traveling. What happened to my show. This show has become about magical beasts and the Time Bureau. 

When Sara said they were going to save the Time Bureau, I was like why? Let it fall apart so I can get my show Legends of Tomorrow back. I hope this show can come back in season 5.

• Love 5

I do like Gary, but after this episode there needs to be some consequences for his actions for what he subjected the Legends to, regardless of how they've treated him and so on.

Both Nora and John got played a bit too easily in this episode. John should've seen that Astra wouldn't want to be rescued by him and I don't blame him for choosing her over Ray given that he did try to save both of them.

Then there was Nora getting tricked by Tabitha into becoming a fairy godmother. Nora being sent to hell though will probably work in saving the day for next week.

I want to know all about that garden gnome though.

Zari's younger self getting to see a dragon hatch was a good ending for the episode. Liked Zari and Charlie's team up in this one, 8/10

• Love 3
(edited)

Zari leaving the precious and about-to-hatch dragon egg in her younger self's home is truly not the greatest move.

According to the end credits, the Hell Triumvirate was Belial, Beelzebub and Satan, the last one being listed as "Stan" on IMDB at this moment (until someone catches the typo). I can't remember if they were mentioned as such in Constantine' own series.

It is always so convenient that characters who should know better trust lying villains so easily. That being said, Jane Carr is perhaps even more fun to watch as the evil witch as she was before she tricked Nora into taking her place as the syrupy Fairy Godmother.

That episode was mostly an enjoyable set up for the finale; the writers have quite a challenge to deliver a resolution worthy of everything that has gone on throughout the season.

Liek many other people, I might from now on be more attentive to every line in on-line terms of service before I click my acceptance.

Edited by Florinaldo
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Too much Gary, in my opinion. Gary's main purpose is to be comic relief, which is no different than what they tried with him here, but I wasn't laughing at his attempts to "protect" the Legends. Tabitha couldn't force him to do anything, so why bother wasting time on torturing them? 

I do think that Gary needed that apology from Ava, but he also needs to suffer consequences for his actions, which caused a whole lot of pain. He technically has the power to stop Neron, and he wastes time with Tabitha and now sending Nora down to fetch Constantine and Ray is the only good deed he's done.

I felt so bad for Mona for being tortured like that. And I hate that Nora got tricked by Tabitha to become the new Fairy Godmother.

Zari gets to have a non-romantic plot for the first time this second half of the season, and it's with Charlie! I loved seeing them interact. I also loved little Zari, who now has the egg!

Meanwhile, Constantine gets tricked himself by not choosing Ray (poor Ray, but I understand, as I hope Ray will as well) and then gets into trouble when Astra doesn't want to go with him.

• Love 1

Now Gary has three nipples!??!?!  Too funny.  I see a drinking game in the making.  Do a shot every time Gary's nipple(s) are mentioned in some fashion.  This season it seems you are guaranteed to drink at least once in every episode.

• Love 1

I don't mind one episode of a little too much Gary. I'm more annoyed that we had to suffer through ANOTHER ridiculous Mona-Wolfie transformation. Is that where the budget this season went? 

• Love 2

I was okay with Nora and Constantine getting tricked because the tricks arose out of who they were.  Mona was Nora's first real post-Mallus friend.  Of course she'd make a deal to try to save her.  And Astra was Constantine's biggest regret.  Back last season John told Sara flat-out that he'd have sold her to Mallus in an eyeblink if he'd really thought he could free Astra.

• Love 2

Since they started the Zari-Nate plot Zari hasn’t been shown eating every episode, which had been something that always made me laugh... so I was really happy when they opened the episode with little Zari sneaking the halva 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, amass said:

Since they started the Zari-Nate plot Zari hasn’t been shown eating every episode, which had been something that always made me laugh... so I was really happy when they opened the episode with little Zari sneaking the halva 

And sneaking it again when adult Zari entered her home.

• Love 6
On 5/13/2019 at 11:33 PM, ketose said:

The world of the Legends is getting a little crowded. If the "Legends" are Sara, Ray, Mick, Nate, Charlie, Zari and Constantine (I guess), how do Nora, Gary and Ava fit in? How can the CW pay all these people and keep the show on the air?

And Mona.

I don’t know, guys.  I loved this show, but I let two episodes go by before finally deciding I needed to catch up tonight.  I’m just not loving this.   It’s not that there aren’t good moments in each episode, but I feel like the show has gone too far down the “comedy” track, and we’ve lost the core of what made me love the show.  It seems like they decided since they did Beebo and everyone loved that, that they could get away with anything.  But I think this season has shown that’s not true.  I feel like they’re more writing toward the crazy moments now than writing for the characters.  And that doesn’t work for me.

Or maybe I’m just depressed tonight.  I don’t know. 😢

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Starfish35 said:

I don’t know, guys.  I loved this show, but I let two episodes go by before finally deciding I needed to catch up tonight.  I’m just not loving this.   It’s not that there aren’t good moments in each episode, but I feel like the show has gone too far down the “comedy” track, and we’ve lost the core of what made me love the show.  It seems like they decided since they did Beebo and everyone loved that, that they could get away with anything.  But I think this season has shown that’s not true.  I feel like they’re more writing toward the crazy moments now than writing for the characters.  And that doesn’t work for me.

On 5/14/2019 at 4:33 AM, Sakura12 said:

They don't wear their hero outfits, now they are not time traveling. What happened to my show. This show has become about magical beasts and the Time Bureau.

Yes, to all this. You've both perfectly captured my thoughts on this show. I don't know how it all went so bad so quickly, but my give-a-shit meter has dropped to practically nonexistent. Good thing there's only one more episode to get through. What a disappointing mess.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Maelstrom said:

Yes, to all this. You've both perfectly captured my thoughts on this show. I don't know how it all went so bad so quickly, but my give-a-shit meter has dropped to practically nonexistent. Good thing there's only one more episode to get through. What a disappointing mess.

Yeah, I agree. I just kept wondering...what show IS this??

Yup, so bad. 😒 My give-a-shit meter has morphed into my this-mess-is-a-waste-of-time meter.

Still love the actors but what a mess this is. Where the heck is the time travel?? I don't want to watch Time Bureau problems.

• Love 3

Good episode although again, the back half of the season has not been as strong as the front half.  This is the first season where I think Legends of Tomorrow has taken a bit of a step back.  There's still a lot of fun to be had but I think they kind of lost their way a little.

-I guess they've blown their FX budget elsewhere but come on...that was Hell?  It didn't look bad to me although I guess the crappiest rave club would be hell to some people.

-Speaking of FX, have they gotten rid of Ray's Atom costume?

-Gary needed to be taught a very hard lesson for what he did.  To me, he went too far for them to forgive him and welcome him back.

-Ray's hair was distracting and Zari's hair was terrible.

-That being said, Brandon Routh is great fun as Neron.  Jane Carr has been an absolute blast this whole season as the Fairy Godmother and she had me fooled when she swapped with Nora (who I agree has been working some great facial expressions).  Tabitha should have been in more episodes this season.

-The monster breakout was fun and I always love seeing the Stein puppet pop up.  The Garden Nome too!

-Good storyline for Constantine, despite how disappointing hell was and how gullible he was being.

-Lotz and Macallan are good tap dancers.

I'm still looking forward to the season finale of course.

• Love 1

It took me a few days to watch this and a few more to post about it, because I just don't care anymore.  The back half of the season has been a disappointment with the only saving grace being the performances of the actors.  Although I do like Constantine and Nora and would totally watch a show about them as magical asskickers (with Caity Lotz and Brandon Routh as recurring guest stars) that isn't good because the show is supposed to be about the Legends.  Depending on how it ends, I'll see what next year brings.  But having watched the latest season of Lucifer on Netflix, shows can rally and fix themselves, so let's hope the Legends can get back on track next year.

• Love 2

I feel better knowing that there are others who are finding this show less enjoyable.  I actually do not remember the first half of the season because there was such a huge gap (screw you CW) and I watch too much television.  

Anyway I am sick of the Time Bureau characters.  All of them...if they were to write Ava, Mona, and Gary from the show I would be overjoyed.  I do not care about any of these characters.  Mona especially, I find her to be far too annoying.

• Love 3

Rip Hunter's gone, most of the original Legends are gone. When they add a new legend, they can't use their powers for long due to budget constraints. Most of the powers we see are from Charlie (short visual effects), Mona (mix of visual and practical effects) and Zari (mostly practical effects) because they're cheap. The Time Bureau was another way to add more scenes with few special effects. 

Story-wise, Legends is becoming more like The Flash. Most of the season, they have to fix something that went wrong from last season. Then, the finale ends with some big event that sets up the next season because the solution screwed up something else. This all adds up to make the show feel smaller and less fun.

• Love 4
On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 11:54 PM, Starfish35 said:

I think the show has gone downhill since Firestorm left. Sara is a great captain but they need a adult in the room. Jax was a more believable little bother character than Ray Palmer.

On 6/1/2019 at 11:24 PM, kathyk2 said:

I think the show has gone downhill since Firestorm left. Sara is a great captain but they need a adult in the room. Jax was a more believable little bother character than Ray Palmer.

I’ve never felt that Ray was like a little brother to Sara. And all of her friends have left the show in one way or another, so now she spends most of her free time with Ava.

Being the”adult” on this show feels like a curse. For awhile it was Jax, then he left. Amaya seemed to fill that role for a bit, then she left. Zari was maturing into Sara’s second in command, now that’s done. If Sara was incapacitated I have no idea who would take charge.

51 minutes ago, BaggythePanther said:

If Sara was incapacitated I have no idea who would take charge.

Ray did get nearly everyone to sign his acting captain petition.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2